inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Why did Rick Hendrick give Jeff Gordon a LOUSY rookie as his new crew chief?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/04/06 at 9:48 pm

I really think it's a mistake to have Jeff Gordon paired with Steve Letarte as his crew chief....I know Rick Hendrick could have given him a better crew chief than Lousy Letarte...
I think Jeff needs a VETERAN crew chief working with him...or he will miss the Chase AGAIN!

Subject: Re: Why did Rick Hendrick give Jeff Gordon a LOUSY rookie as his new crew chief?

Written By: loki 13 on 07/04/06 at 10:00 pm

I really think it's a mistake to have Jeff Gordon paired with Steve Letarte as his crew chief....I know Rick Hendrick could have given him a better crew chief than Lousy Letarte...
I think Jeff needs a VETERAN crew chief working with him...or he will miss the Chase AGAIN!

Being a Gordon fan, I couldn't agree more but I think the problem goes a little deeper.
Gordon seems to have lost his edge, his desire to win. Time and time again I see guys like
Stewart, Biffle, Kenseth and other young drivers fight off an ill handling car to compete
for the win in the end. When Gordon's car is a little off he seems content to just drive
around.

Subject: Re: Why did Rick Hendrick give Jeff Gordon a LOUSY rookie as his new crew chief?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/06/06 at 7:34 pm

On the other hand, it's cool that Dale Earnhardt Jr. is back with Tony Eury Jr. 
Look at how well Dale Jr. is doing, compared to last season!  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...