inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: what sports do you watch?

Written By: paul.martin on 07/11/06 at 3:25 pm

I'm kind of sad the world cup ended as it was a lot of fun to go out and see a match in the evening. what sports do you guys watch besides football, maybe you I'll get some ideas too ;)

Subject: Re: what sports do you watch?

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/11/06 at 4:18 pm

Baseball.  I watch baseball religiously.  I  follow hockey but because they lost their contract with ESPN, it's harder to watch the games on TV......so I stick to box scores and stuff online. 

Written By: nally on 07/11/06 at 4:55 pm

I enjoy watching baseball the best. I also sometimes watch basketball, hockey, tennis and volleyball.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/11/06 at 7:58 pm

NASCAR Nextel Cup and NHRA drag racing
NFL Football(NFC..Philadelphia Eagles, AFC..Pittsburgh Steelers)
Baseball

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/11/06 at 8:02 pm

I watch everything.  Even bowling and the Spelling Bee.  I have a short attention span.

Written By: karen on 07/12/06 at 3:48 am

Cricket.  Used to love watching Tour de France but it's not on regular tv now

Written By: CatwomanofV on 07/12/06 at 12:19 pm

Baseball, baseball, and baseball. (Did I mention that I watch baseball?)

Cat

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/12/06 at 12:29 pm

Generallly, Football(college and pro), Basketball(college and pro), and sometimes, Baseball and Racing.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 07/12/06 at 12:30 pm

I don't really watch sports on TV...but occasionally I will watch baseball and hockey. I do love to see both in person though. ;)

Written By: lorac61469 on 07/12/06 at 1:51 pm

I watch baseball every now and then.  I also watch Nascar...sometimes, usually the two races that are in my city.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/12/06 at 2:11 pm

Cricket.  Used to love watching Tour de France but it's not on regular tv now
It is on Eurosport live.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/12/06 at 2:13 pm

Mainly cricket and golf, attending matches for Middlesex and golf on television.

Written By: karen on 07/13/06 at 3:27 am

It is on Eurosport live.

Sure, but I have the five regular channels plus whatever is available on a Freeview box that needs retuning.  I don't think Eurosport is available on it.

Written By: holicman on 07/13/06 at 8:25 am

I will watch most forms of motorsport,soccer,snooker,Ice hockey and normal hockey,Fishing, Aussie Rules ( I will only watch the grand final from start to finish) and golf on the odd occasion. I will also watch both the summer and winter athletics.

Written By: Lifesunfair on 07/13/06 at 12:31 pm

College Wrestling: Local Channels to watch Oklahoma State and Oklahoma dual meets. Then ESPN for the NCAA Finals

College Basketball: Like watching Oklahoma and Oklahoma State games

College Football: Like watching Oklahoma, Oklahoma State and Texas football games.

College Baseball: It's only on once a year but the world series

College Softball: It's only on once a year but the world series

NFL: Was a big fan of the Houston Oiler's for years and years and years, nowadays I just catch whatever's on with no real interest in who wins.

MLB: St Louis Cardinals and Chicago Cubs games

NBA: Indiana Pacer's from time to time.

Boxing: Lenox Lewis is fun to watch and anyone that can beat Mike Tyson

I like watching the olympics but think that Television coverage focuses on one sport to much.  There's a lot more to the olympics than swimming and gymnastics but you wouldn't know that by watching American television.

Hunting and fishing shows as well.

Written By: Bobo on 07/13/06 at 2:19 pm

I watch soccer, baseball (though I'm only beginning to understand it), Formula One motor racing, cricket.. and I think that's about it at the moment.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/13/06 at 2:21 pm

I watch soccer, baseball (though I'm only beginning to understand it), Formula One motor racing, cricket.. and I think that's about it at the moment.
I arrived home to late to watch England v Pakistan live.

Written By: nally on 08/23/06 at 3:47 pm

To add to my list: bowling. Last night I watched a bowling match on CSTV (College Sports TV, a digital cable channel); I was amazed at how many strikes all these people could make. :o

Written By: ... on 08/30/06 at 11:54 am

I watch everything.  Even bowling and the Spelling Bee.  I have a short attention span.

Spelling Bee? Since when does that count as a sport? ::) There's no athletic activity involved in doing a Spelling Bee.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/30/06 at 11:58 am

Spelling Bee? Since when does that count as a sport? ::) There's no athletic activity involved in doing a Spelling Bee.

Sure there is.  You have to be able to hyperventilate at a moment's notice and then spit out the letters as they come to you.  Not to mention walking back and forth from your contestant chair.  It's like a biathlon.

;)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/30/06 at 12:00 pm

Sure there is.  You have to be able to hyperventilate at a moment's notice and then spit out the letters as they come to you.  Not to mention walking back and forth from your contestant chair.  It's like a biathlon.

;)
You can still gamble on it?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/30/06 at 12:04 pm

You can still gamble on it?

Oh yeah.  Even odds that he can spell "cat", but 100:1 that he will get "floucinaucipilifcation" (or whatever this is) :D

Written By: Abix on 09/16/06 at 4:34 pm

I love baseball, specifically the Twins , followed by the Yankees.  I am a bandwagon fan of football, will follow the Vikings if we are having a good season. I do like the Steelers.  I like basketball but don't watch religiously. And I do love...... :-[ figure skating. It IS TOO A SPORT! :P

Written By: nupur on 09/16/06 at 5:04 pm

i love basketball, especially the Boston Celtics  ;D. I also watch a lot of baseball (go Red Sox :) !) and all the NE Patriots games

Written By: CatwomanofV on 09/16/06 at 5:55 pm

Oh yeah.  Even odds that he can spell "cat",

Ah, one of my favorite words.  ;) :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: freeridemt on 10/05/06 at 12:00 am

Like most sports. except one.....that thing called curling watching puts me to sleep.....Oh and synchronize swimming is that a real sport?
;) ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...