inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: If you are a Jeff Gordon fan...you might not want to read this..

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 07/11/06 at 8:14 pm

http://sports.aol.com/feud/_a/the-feud-vi-jeff-gordon-vs-matt-kenseth/20060710180509990001...
I think Gordon was definitely the perpetrator in this one...and his comment that Kenseth 'shoud have seen it coming' IMO, is just an excuse for his actions. I remember an incident earlier in the season where Gordon shoved Matt Kenseth for something that was just a mistake...
This makes me wonder if Gordon is unhappy with his career possibly hitting a new low..or whether he's unhappy about Robbie Loomis jumping ship?
I have tremendous respect for Jeff, but I think losing is getting to him.

Subject: Re: If you are a Jeff Gordon fan...you might not want to read this..

Written By: loki 13 on 07/11/06 at 8:40 pm

I am tired of all this nonsense. when it's Kenseth, or Junior , or Stewart it's an accident or
just racing. When it's Gordon, it's intentional. Kenseth Checked up, he slowed up purposely,
for who knows what reason. I believe he figured Gordon was also going to check up breaking
his momentum. Kenseth knew he didn't have a car to win and Gordon was going to get by. If
Gordon checks up and looses his momentum there wouldn't have been enough laps for him to
catch up. Kenseth thought wrong, I like the aggressiveness Gordon shown, it's about time.

I also hate when these candy-a**ed drivers who push and shove their way to victory are the
first ones to cry the blues when it happens to them.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/11/06 at 8:43 pm

It's race car driving.  Isn't this crap expected?

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/07/06 at 8:08 pm

It's race car driving.  Isn't this crap expected?
Usually it's other drivers, Tony Stewart included, that have done it. It surprised me when Jeff Gordon did it. But I think Gordon is sick and tired of being underestimated.

Check for new replies or respond here...