inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Worst Hall of Famers?

Written By: Max Power on 07/23/06 at 2:47 pm

Who do you think it is?

Subject: Re: Worst Hall of Famers?

Written By: Max Power on 07/29/06 at 5:02 pm

Haines.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 07/30/06 at 11:46 am

In what sport?  And who is Haines and what does he/she do?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/30/06 at 12:31 pm

Any kicker/punter :D  But nowadays a lot of them are starting to factor in more trick plays and special teams return defense so that's probably not as valid of a statement anymore.  I just don't like to see a football player enshrined who didn't get the stuffing smacked out of him on a regular basis...at least QBs can get sacked, but kickers/punters receive lots of protection (understandable) during their plays.  Still, it takes a lot of skill to be able to kick a ball 50 yards, not to mention in the right direction.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/30/06 at 4:16 pm

Only Haines I know of.  Not a bad resume for the old school.

Written By: Max Power on 08/12/06 at 11:20 am

There was some dude named Frisch who once ran the Veteran's Committee had them vote his team mates in and some were undeserving.

Written By: Indy Gent on 08/12/06 at 2:43 pm

Any guy who beats up on an paraplegic deserves to be the worst of the worst Hall of Famers. So here's to you Ty "F#%@in" Cobb. >:(

Written By: Sister Morphine on 08/12/06 at 5:36 pm

Any guy who beats up on an paraplegic deserves to be the worst of the worst Hall of Famers. So here's to you Ty "F#%@in" Cobb. >:(

First of all, if what happened outside the realm of the sport had a basis in inclusion, there'd be a hell of a lot of people sitting on the sidelines unable to get in.  The HOF is full of racists, bigots, cheats and all-around scumbags.  That doesn't mean they don't belong there.  Anyone who thinks Ty Cobb PROFESSIONALLY doesn't belong in the HOF, knows squat about baseball.  The man holds a couple records that will more than likely never be beat.  He was a tremendous athlete, even if he was a horrible person.

Also, I'm pretty sure the thread concept is about people who are in the HOF but don't belong there because they weren't good enough to get in.

Written By: hot_wax on 08/11/07 at 6:20 pm

Who do you think it is?

I could tell you one for the future BARRY BONDS!

Written By: danootaandme on 08/12/07 at 4:45 am

I could tell you one for the future BARRY BONDS!

Then, of course, you would have to add Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, and countless others who have been named, and have yet to be named.

Written By: hot_wax on 08/12/07 at 7:57 pm

Then, of course, you would have to add Mark McGwire, Sammy Sosa, and countless others who have been named, and have yet to be named.

Yes! everyone one of them from Lenny Dykstra in the 80's maybe Cooperstown could make a special section devoted to the cheaters in baseball  displaying them in a negative way to show little kids as what not to as professional ball player.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 08/12/07 at 9:32 pm

Of course, it could be argued that even though they cheated, Goose Gossage and others did so in such a way that made them absolutely legendary...hehehe.

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 09/22/07 at 2:47 pm

how about ryan leaf

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/24/07 at 9:06 pm

how about ryan leaf
Um...I don't think he'll be getting into the Hall of Fame anytime soon.  ;D

Written By: holicman on 10/19/07 at 8:29 am

Is OJ simpson a Hall of famer /??

IF so he gets  my vote.

Written By: ninny on 10/19/07 at 9:51 am

Is OJ Simpson a Hall of famer /??

IF so he gets  my vote.
O J Simpson's success on the field qualifies him, he was voted to the hall of fame way before he went nuts so to speak

Check for new replies or respond here...