inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Terry named new England Football Skipper

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/10/06 at 11:41 am

John Terry is the new captain of the England football team, with Steven Gerrard as vice-captain.

Will he do a better job?

Subject: Re: Terry named new England Football Skipper

Written By: freeridemt on 08/10/06 at 12:09 pm

he is taking over for Beckham's as the english captain. You had me goind with the new england part. Whew! thought you was talking about the Pats...LOL

Written By: holicman on 08/11/06 at 10:07 am

I thought Gerrard would get it but Terry is a gun and will do a great job for us :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/11/06 at 12:19 pm

Not only David Beckham is not the England Captain anymore, he has also been dropped from the squad.

Written By: Paul on 08/11/06 at 1:54 pm

John Terry is the new captain of the England football team, with Steven Gerrard as vice-captain.

Will he do a better job?

Let's see...

Change of clone coach...check

Change of captain...check

Same old clutch of fools at the FA...check

Well, I'm not sure about 'doing a better job', but I'm pretty convinced nothing much will change!

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/11/06 at 1:55 pm

Let's see...

Change of clone coach...check

Change of captain...check

Same old clutch of fools at the FA...check

Well, I'm not sure about 'doing a better job', but I'm pretty convinced nothing much will change!
The result was always be the same.

Written By: La Roche on 08/18/06 at 8:48 am

Not only David Beckham is not the England Captain anymore, he has also been dropped from the squad.

It's a shame, seeing as Beckham put in many good performances, but the fact remains, there are younger, more tenacious players being kept out of the squad, simply because Beckham can make a ball curve a bit more than some others can. I don't think he should be dropped from the squad, he's still an excellent player, but the time has come to split snaps with somebody else.

Check for new replies or respond here...