inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: NFL

Written By: freeridemt on 09/03/06 at 12:25 pm

With Football season less then a week away. Most experts have already given the Superbowl to Indy. I think the Steelers and the Pats have something to say about that. So who likes what team and what do you think of your chances this year?

Subject: Re: NFL

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/03/06 at 12:26 pm

...and which team do you think can go 0-16?  ;D

Written By: freeridemt on 09/03/06 at 12:28 pm

I don't think any team has ever gone 0-16, I may be wrong.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/03/06 at 4:29 pm

I don't think any team has ever gone 0-16, I may be wrong.

I think Tampa went 0-14 in its first year, before the NFL adopted a 16-game schedule.

Written By: freeridemt on 09/07/06 at 8:08 am

No team has ever gone 16-0 or 0-16 several teams have gone 15-1 and 1-15.
The only team ever to go 14-0 in a season was the 72 Dolphins.

Written By: freeridemt on 09/08/06 at 11:51 am

Steelers down Dolphins in the opening game.
In my opinion Culpepper was way off target last night with many throws either very short or high, he did not look like the Culpepper of old that the Dolphins have been bragging about. Maybe the injury is still in the back of his mind, he looked a little Timid of the hits he took. 18 out of 37 completions  with 2 interceptions.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/08/06 at 8:01 pm

I hope the rabbit antenna doesn't mess up on Sunday :D  There should be some good games coming :)

Written By: freeridemt on 09/09/06 at 12:41 pm

I kind of like the brother vs brother. With Indy taking on the Giants. Lets hope it lives up to the hype.

Written By: nally on 09/15/06 at 2:12 pm

I may not be posting very much on here, since there is no local NFL team for me. :-\\ Since the Rams moved away in the mid-90s, that's been the case. However there is at least one team that I don't really care for...and I don't wish to name it right now.

Written By: Tam on 09/18/06 at 1:16 pm

I root for the Raven's every year! Seems this year might work out for them!

Hubby is a Redskins fan - and I know I am gonna hear about last night's game against the Cowboys from Andrea!
Geesh! The Skins can't even lose right!! ;D ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/18/06 at 9:17 pm

The Ravens are looking very formidable, especially since they can actually generate *gasp* offense!  :o

Tonight's game seems to be missing offense though...third quarter and still scoreless!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/20/06 at 3:42 pm

The Atlanta Falcons signed 46-year-old Morten Andersen as their kicker.  This should be good :D  At least now their poor punter can concentrate on punting, although he did well despite not being a true kicker.

Written By: freeridemt on 09/22/06 at 10:33 am

So many good games this weekend!!!!

Jacksonville at Indianapolis
Chicago at Minnesota
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
NY Giants at Seattle
Denver at New England
And Monday Night Atlanta at New Orleans.

These are supposed to be the premier games this weekend.... :P :P

Written By: Davester on 09/22/06 at 10:51 am

I may not be posting very much on here, since there is no local NFL team for me. :-\\ Since the Rams moved away in the mid-90s, that's been the case. However there is at least one team that I don't really care for...and I don't wish to name it right now.

Poor L.A. with no teams... :-[

Oakland on a bye-week.  They need it...

Got my hopes up with their decent preseason.  So far, they haven't shown-up for the start of the regular season.  Well, at least I'll get to see Walters play.  He just may be the future QB of the Raiders...

Their O-line will get better as the rookies and second year players mature.  Defense is lousy.  They had to draft D this year just to have some warm bodies back there go ;)...

Written By: Tam on 10/04/06 at 2:22 pm

How about those RAVENS?!!!! 8) ;D

Written By: freeridemt on 10/04/06 at 11:55 pm

Ask me in 8 more weeks about those Ravens?  ;D

Written By: Tam on 10/05/06 at 12:39 am

Ask me in 8 more weeks about those Ravens?  ;D

If I remember then I will!
My luck - by then they will be out of the running!!! lol

NOT!!! ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 10/05/06 at 9:32 am

How about those RAVENS?!!!! 8) ;D

Steve McNair is the roXXorz!!1!1!1!

Written By: freeridemt on 10/09/06 at 11:56 pm

I don't know about the AFC there is no real team that has run away with it.
In the NFC right now the nod has to go to the Bears till otherwise proven.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 10/16/06 at 11:08 pm

I can't believe the Bears won.  They got soooooooooooooooooooooooooo lucky.

Written By: freeridemt on 10/16/06 at 11:22 pm

Lucky bull..That what a real bad choke job the birds did.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 10/17/06 at 1:34 pm

Arizona fans, laugh a little

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 10/17/06 at 5:00 pm

I was sooo relieved when the Bears won last night because if they hadn't, I'd have had to deal with a grumpy husband for the next two weeks!  ::) ;D

Written By: nally on 10/17/06 at 10:58 pm

I was sooo relieved when the Bears won last night because if they hadn't, I'd have had to deal with a grumpy husband for the next two weeks!  ::) ;D

I take it he likes the Bears? ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 10/23/06 at 2:32 am

I guess I picked a good game to go see the Oakland Raiders, since today they whipped up on Arizona 22-9. I go to one game a year, compliments of my friend who has season tix, & today was my game and it was a good one. Randy Moss had an excellent game, despite dropping 4 passes, he was very involved in the offense today & the quarterback Andrew Walter played like a veteran and led the team well until a hard hit took him out, but with the game in hand, the backup QB Tuasisopo came in and finished well.  & The Raiderettes were looking very good today.  8)  so all in all, it was a satisfying day.

Written By: freeridemt on 10/23/06 at 11:07 am

I guess I picked a good game to go see the Oakland Raiders, since today they whipped up on Arizona 22-9. I go to one game a year, compliments of my friend who has season tix, & today was my game and it was a good one. Randy Moss had an excellent game, despite dropping 4 passes, he was very involved in the offense today & the quarterback Andrew Walter played like a veteran and led the team well until a hard hit took him out, but with the game in hand, the backup QB Tuasisopo came in and finished well.   & The Raiderettes were looking very good today.  8)  so all in all, it was a satisfying day.

You are so lucky all the experts thought the Raiders would or could go 0 and 16, nice win...

Written By: Sister Morphine on 10/24/06 at 8:51 pm

I'm not a huge fan of the NFL, but I have been watching quite a few games on TV the last few weeks......and I like Indianapolis.  Don't quite know why, but I do.

Written By: freeridemt on 10/26/06 at 9:20 am

I'm not a huge fan of the NFL, but I have been watching quite a few games on TV the last few weeks......and I like Indianapolis.  Don't quite know why, but I do.

I like Payton, but their run defence is a mess.  You know looking over since 2000 the Colts have owned the Bronco's and the Bronco's own the Pats. But the Colts can not find a way to beat the Pats, the Pats have knocked the Colts out of the playoffs more then any other team.  Strange how things work out.  :)

Written By: Ocho Cinco on 11/03/06 at 12:01 pm

NFL = No Fun League

Viva Ocho Cinco!

Written By: Sister Morphine on 11/05/06 at 10:51 pm

I like Payton, but their run defence is a mess.  You know looking over since 2000 the Colts have owned the Bronco's and the Bronco's own the Pats. But the Colts can not find a way to beat the Pats, the Pats have knocked the Colts out of the playoffs more then any other team.  Strange how things work out.  :)

Well, that was an amazing game, but the Colts came out on top.  Tom Brady may play for the Pats, but at least he's a Yankee fan.

Written By: freeridemt on 11/10/06 at 11:59 pm

It was a good game but New England got away from their game plan...They hit the panic button way too soon..If they had stuck to the running game they may have had a shot...

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/03/06 at 2:02 pm

Rex Grossman sucks.  Put in Griese!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/05/06 at 11:24 am

Here is a question:

Do any of you guys go to NFL games?

I am going to the 49ers/Packers game in San Francisco on Sunday.  My husband is a total Packers fan, which is why we are going in the first place.  We will obviously be in Packers attire.  I am totally scared that we are going to get beaten up.  Well, I will be beaten up.  My husband is kind of scary, so I don't think anyone will mess with him.  He thinks I'm being ridiculous, but I can't help but wonder if this happens.  Or someone might throw a beer at us or something.  Does this happen?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/05/06 at 11:26 am

Here is a question:

Do any of you guys go to NFL games?

I am going to the 49ers/Packers game in San Francisco on Sunday.  My husband is a total Packers fan, which is why we are going in the first place.  We will obviously be in Packers attire.  I am totally scared that we are going to get beaten up.  Well, I will be beaten up.  My husband is kind of scary, so I don't think anyone will mess with him.  He thinks I'm being ridiculous, but I can't help but wonder if this happens.  Or someone might throw a beer at us or something.  Does this happen?

Nah.  Depends on where you're sitting in the stadium and which stadium you're in, really.  Obviously you don't want to dress in non-Raiders attire in Oakland's "Black Hole" but 49ers fans are pansies so you'll be fine ;)

Written By: Ashkicksass on 12/12/06 at 11:43 am

Nah.   Depends on where you're sitting in the stadium and which stadium you're in, really.  Obviously you don't want to dress in non-Raiders attire in Oakland's "Black Hole" but 49ers fans are pansies so you'll be fine ;)

We were totally safe!  Our entire row was full of Packer fans, as was about 1/3 of the stadium.  Not one 49er fan was mean to me - in fact, I got hit on everywhere I went.  Traitors.  It was such a blast!

Written By: tv on 12/24/06 at 11:16 pm

All I gotta say is go Jets tommorow night vs the Dolphins. The Jets can make the playoffs this year!

Another thing: Indianapolis is going nowhere. Their defense is terrible. I think they will get knocked out 1st or 2nd round of the playoffs. Last year was their year to win it. I think the window opportunity may have closed on them. They really miss Defensive lineman like David Thorton and Larry Tripplett from last years team who defected via free agency in the 06 offseason.

Written By: Brian06 on 12/25/06 at 12:36 am

I passed by the tv today and those losers (Browns) were on and it was 19-0 and I just giggled as I walked away, that team is a joke I'm ashamed that they represent my area.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/25/06 at 1:10 am

The Chargers/Seahawks game had the most painful final two minutes I've ever seen in football.  I didn't even care who won, it was like the epitome of bad clock management and bad defense on the part of the Seahawks on the game-winning play.  UGH.

Written By: La Roche on 12/25/06 at 6:12 am

Wow! The Rams beat the Redskins in overtime by 6. What makes that especially exciting for me is I fixed it so that my Uncle and Father (last football game - Chicago Bears vs.. someone.. 1984)could go. My Uncle being a Redskins fan, my Father - always rooting for the home team. That should have been good!  :)

Written By: Invincible on 12/26/06 at 12:32 am

I found it quite funny how the Bengal receiver who caught the last touchdown yesterday, mocked the crowd with a Mile High Salute (Poorly done) and then they botched the extra point. Gotta love that Karma ;)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/26/06 at 1:27 am

I found it quite funny how the Bengal receiver who caught the last touchdown yesterday, mocked the crowd with a Mile High Salute (Poorly done) and then they botched the extra point. Gotta love that Karma ;)

Botching the extra point = they suck :D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/31/06 at 6:32 pm

If I understand the tiebreaker rules right, Green Bay not only has to beat Chicago tonight, they also have to score about 80 points in the process to unseat New York as the last NFC playoff team.  Somehow I don't see that happening...

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/31/06 at 7:01 pm

Hmmm...SF is threatening in OT, looks like KC can get off the hook in the playoff hunt this year...

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/31/06 at 8:38 pm

Rex Grossman = suxxorz.

Written By: loki 13 on 01/01/07 at 7:45 pm

Most "experts," Jimmy Johnson especially, said the Eagles had, "No Shot" to make the post season
when Donovan Mcnabb went down. Not only are they play-off bound, they are there as division winners.
As week as the NFC is, it's anyones game.

Fly, Eagles, fly, on the road to victory! (FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!)
Fight, Eagles, fight, score a touchdown one-two-three! (ONE! TWO! THREE!)

Hit 'em low, hit 'em high, and watch our Eagles fly!
Fly, Eagles, fly, on the road to victory!

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES

Written By: loki 13 on 01/01/07 at 8:07 pm

I think the Eagles can probably make it into the conference championships.  Just about anyone can beat the Bears but the Saints are looking good despite their loss to Carolina.  But I doubt anybody from the NFC can beat the Ravens or the Chargers.

I've been wrong before.

Stranger things have happened.

I really don't see any team from the NFC beating any team from AFC, well, maybe the Chiefs.
The AFC is just playing better football.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/05/07 at 9:17 am

Bill Cowher resigns from Steelers

Great run for a cool guy.

Written By: La Roche on 01/05/07 at 11:31 am

Giants to win it all.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/06/07 at 6:01 pm

New Orleans' Sean Payton named Coach of the Year

Well deserved, even though they are in an inferior conference.

Written By: loki 13 on 01/07/07 at 7:49 pm

Giants to win it all.

Whew, not this year. Exciting game, luckily the Eagles pulled it out in the end.

This was probably the last game for Giants RB, Tiki Barber. As an Eagles fan, I am glad to see him go.
I had to watch him decimate the Eagles defense twice a year, good riddance. ;D

As a football fan, I am sad to see him go. Tiki Barber is one of the class acts in professional sports. he
follows in line with the likes of Walter Payton and Barry Sanders. A true credit to the sport. Tiki is definitely
heading to the Hall Of Fame. An honor his deserves.

Written By: La Roche on 01/07/07 at 7:58 pm

Whew, not this year. Exciting game, luckily the Eagles pulled it out in the end.

This was probably the last game for Giants RB, Tiki Barber. As an Eagles fan, I am glad to see him go.
I had to watch him decimate the Eagles defense twice a year, good riddance. ;D

As a football fan, I am sad to see him go. Tiki Barber is one of the class acts in professional sports. he
follows in line with the likes of Walter Payton and Barry Sanders. A true credit to the sport. Tiki is definitely
heading to the Hall Of Fame. An honor his deserves.

You're right there. I'm glad he finished up with a decent game. He is, as you say, a class act.

Written By: Tam on 01/13/07 at 6:49 pm

The Ravens totally flaked on the whole score-more-points-than-the-other-team strategy.

I don't even want to talk about it! >:(

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/13/07 at 7:25 pm

Wow, Deuce McAlister just dragged three Eagles about 29 yards before he was brought down!

Written By: loki 13 on 01/13/07 at 10:25 pm

Saints win.

Yeah, the NFL got what it wanted. The feel good story Saints.  >:(

Written By: loki 13 on 01/13/07 at 10:43 pm

You don't think the Saints deserved to win?

I'm an Eagles fan, I need to vent, be frustrated, blame everyone else; basically have "Sour Grapes."

Tomorrow, I will tell you Saints played well offensively. The Eagles had every chance to win the game but bad play
calling, costly dropped balls, by one of the best ball handlers and a very porous defense kept them from winning.

Today, however, I will tell you it was the refs fault for allowing the Saints to hold on every play, a fictitious illegal contact,
and a bad defensive holding call. Moreover, it's a conspiracy by the NFL to get the Saints to the Superbowl.  ;D

Written By: tv on 01/14/07 at 2:48 pm

Patriots-Chargers opening kick-off an about 1 hour from now. I'm taking the Patriots because Marty-Ball is 5-12 in the playoffs and Bill Bellecheck is 12-2 in the playoffs lifetime I think. The Patriots will put 8 men in the box to stop LaDanian Thonlimson and force Philip Rivers to beat them which is not happening. I'm taking Patriots 27-20. I'm a Jets and Giants fan by the way. Imagine Patriots-Colts playing for the right to go the Super Bowl in the dome next week with former Patriot Kicker Adam Vinitieri in a Colts uniform.

About the Saints-Eagles game yesterday did anybody seen that sharp cut that Reggie Bush made in the 4th quarter I think? That was an awesome cut he made when he was running the football.

Written By: tv on 01/14/07 at 2:58 pm

I'm an Eagles fan, I need to vent, be frustrated, blame everyone else; basically have "Sour Grapes."

Tomorrow, I will tell you Saints played well offensively. The Eagles had every chance to win the game but bad play
calling, costly dropped balls, by one of the best ball handlers and a very porous defense kept them from winning.

Today, however, I will tell you it was the refs fault for allowing the Saints to hold on every play, a fictitious illegal contact,
and a bad defensive holding call. Moreover, it's a conspiracy by the NFL to get the Saints to the Superbowl.  ;D
I wouldn't blame the refs for the Eagles loss. Like you said they had their chances to win and they are bad calls every game by the refs in my opinion. I think Duece McAllister was the difference in the game and how well he ran the football all game.

I hate to see Saints wide reciver Joe Horn on the sidelines not playing. He is one of the classiest guys in the league. I know he did that whole cell phone thing in the end zone aginst the Giants a few years ago but since then he's been a model citizen. Just the way he spoke up about the Hurricane Katrina thing just makes you like the guy. I think he helped out some of the Hurricane victims too if I'm not mistaken.

Written By: loki 13 on 01/14/07 at 5:53 pm

I wouldn't blame the refs for the Eagles loss. Like you said they had their chances to win and they are bad calls every game by the refs in my opinion. I think Duece McAllister was the difference in the game and how well he ran the football all game.

Yeah, I was being facetious.  ;D

The Eagles lost because of a week defensive effort. Also, because of bad decisions by the coaching staff. They go for it on 4th and 10
but punt when assessed a 5 yard penalty with under 2 minutes. Westbrook dropping catchable balls in critical situations didn't help.

I wasn't impressed with the Saints coaching staff or decisions either. Deuce McAllister was averaging 8 yards a carry and for reason
Sean Payton got away from giving him the ball. In all seriousness, the game shouldn't have been that close.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/14/07 at 8:49 pm

I was quite shocked the Pats pulled off their upset.  They weren't playing very well, but the Chargers just kept giving them big turn overs.

Written By: La Roche on 01/14/07 at 8:51 pm

Pats - Colts should be pretty sweet.

With any luck Indy can shut those New England jerks up. I'm getting tired of 'The Patriots this..' and 'The Patriots that..' Those guys need to realise that their little dynasty is over.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/14/07 at 10:08 pm

Pats - Colts should be pretty sweet.

With any luck Indy can shut those New England jerks up. I'm getting tired of 'The Patriots this..' and 'The Patriots that..' Those guys need to realise that their little dynasty is over.

Everytime Indy has faced the Pats in the playoffs, they've lost.  I'd be pretty surprised if this one is any different

Written By: La Roche on 01/14/07 at 10:18 pm

Everytime Indy has faced the Pats in the playoffs, they've lost.  I'd be pretty surprised if this one is any different

To be fair, I'm thinking it'll be a close run thing and an entertaining game.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/14/07 at 10:19 pm

I'm gonna see Peyton and Terrific Tom.  Yay.

Written By: tomario on 01/19/07 at 4:35 pm

don't you think that it would be a great end of the season if NEW ORLEANS SAINTS won the superbowl ?
what a fairy tale ending after katrina, i will be shouting them on on saturday.  ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/21/07 at 2:23 pm

Defense is playing better than I expected.  Bears forced a fumble, but the part that pissed me off was where there were like FIVE BEARS around the bouncing ball and none of them got it...so instead of being in NO territory, they fielded a punt and got to their own 40...ugh.  Oh well.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/21/07 at 2:25 pm

BTW, Grossman sucks...put in someone else!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/21/07 at 3:21 pm

Well, then...it seems that they tired out the defense with Benson and then let Jones do all the bouncy running.  Interesting play.

16-0 Bears.

Written By: La Roche on 01/21/07 at 3:27 pm

Well, then...it seems that they tired out the defense with Benson and then let Jones do all the bouncy running.  Interesting play.

16-0 Bears.

I like.

I want a Bears - Colts superbowl.. a match in which I will firmly support the Bears. They're my team from here on in.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/21/07 at 3:28 pm

Saints are driving in the final minute of the half, doing very well too.  Bears should be scared.

16-7.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/21/07 at 4:29 pm

18-14, but that Grossman fellow is sucking a bit less now.  Someone lit a fire under his tushy!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/21/07 at 4:33 pm

How'd he catch that??

TD Chicago.  25-14.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/21/07 at 5:05 pm

39-14 Chicago.

I predict that the Bears will win this game.

Written By: loki 13 on 01/21/07 at 5:44 pm

I am glad to see the Bears won. I may have been compelled to cheer for the Saints, but all the talk
about the devastation of Katrina, I couldn't take anymore. If the Saints won, the 6 hour pregame
would have been nothing but Katrina talk, and this is just what the city needed. New Orleans needs
far more than an appearance in the Superbowl  to get back to some normalcy.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/21/07 at 6:50 pm

I like.

I want a Bears - Colts superbowl.. a match in which I will firmly support the Bears. They're my team from here on in.

ain't going to be the Colts...

it's already 21-3, and the Pats are just running all over the Colts.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/21/07 at 6:54 pm

Brady > Colts.  Even when he fumbles.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/21/07 at 8:02 pm

Perhaps we really should wait until the fat lady sings.

21-21 tie.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/21/07 at 9:18 pm

Perhaps we really should wait until the fat lady sings.

21-21 tie.

yeah, they blew it big time

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/21/07 at 9:20 pm

It's the dome.

Written By: La Roche on 01/22/07 at 8:28 am

Wow, even I was suprised by that.

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/22/07 at 6:46 pm

:DYeah, Colts!!!! :D
Final Score:

Colts 38, Patsies 34
Ding dong! The witch (Belichek) is dead.
Good luck against the Bears

Written By: loki 13 on 01/22/07 at 9:03 pm

There was a picture on Tony Dungy on the front of the paper today. I have to ask, is it just me
or does Tony Dungy look like a Vulcan.  ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/22/07 at 9:28 pm

There was a picture on Tony Dungy on the front of the paper today. I have to ask, is it just me
or does Tony Dungy look like a Vulcan.  ;D

Nah...too often, he has the "WTF are you doing?!" face, which is decidedly un-Vulcan ;)

Written By: loki 13 on 01/22/07 at 9:36 pm

Nah...too often, he has the "WTF are you doing?!" face, which is decidedly un-Vulcan ;)

He has the pointed ears, all he needs to do is practice the stoic expression.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/22/07 at 9:44 pm

He has the pointed ears, all he needs to do is practice the stoic expression.

Perhaps he will if the Colts win.

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/22/07 at 11:51 pm

:DYeah, Colts!!!! :D
Final Score:

Colts 38, Patsies 34
Ding dong! The witch (Belichek) is dead.
Good luck against the Bears

The Pats have denied them a Super Bowl trip sooooo many times now, I think they just felt sorry for them

Written By: Jessica on 01/23/07 at 4:29 pm

The Pats have denied them a Super Bowl trip sooooo many times now, I think they just felt sorry for them

Nah, they just sucked it up. Come on, they went from stomping on the Colts to being assraped.

On that note, the Colts are going down. I may live in Indiana, but Da Bears are going to shred that Manning sh*thead.

I don't like him, in case you couldn't tell. I also don't like the Patriots, which might possibly lead to my banning on this board. ;D

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/23/07 at 4:47 pm

Nah, they just sucked it up. Come on, they went from stomping on the Colts to being assraped.

On that note, the Colts are going down. I may live in Indiana, but Da Bears are going to shred that Manning sh*thead.

I don't like him, in case you couldn't tell. I also don't like the Patriots, which might possibly lead to my banning on this board. ;D

I'm not a big enough sports fan to really care what anyone thinks >grin<

even if they are wrong...

Manning is over-hyped.  The Pats usually end up blowing early leads, only to pull off a miracle in the end.  All the Boston sports teams do it.  The Red Sox come out strong in spring, fade in the summer to where they are 20 games back, and then in late August go on a winning streak only to miss the playoffs by a game or two.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/23/07 at 4:59 pm

I'm not a big enough sports fan to really care what anyone thinks >grin<

even if they are wrong...

Manning is over-hyped.  The Pats usually end up blowing early leads, only to pull off a miracle in the end.  All the Boston sports teams do it.  The Red Sox come out strong in spring, fade in the summer to where they are 20 games back, and then in late August go on a winning streak only to miss the playoffs by a game or two.

The Red Sox need to stop doing that ;)

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/28/07 at 3:30 pm

I think a lot of quarterbacks are guilty of being overhyped, especially Tom Brady or Brett Favre (who is overrated IMHO). And a mediocre QB like Rex Grossman is always taking the blame for losses. If the Bears did have a defense like the 1986 team, they wouldn't have given up 30+ points to Green Bay in the last regular season game (and not all of that was Grossman's fault). I agree that Manning being overhyped has hurt the Colts more than it has helped them. But the Bears' defense is also overhyped (or maybe just overrated) ;). 

Manning is over-hyped. 

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/28/07 at 5:31 pm

Goddammit

Now the Bears are going to lose for sure.  Good job retards.

Written By: La Roche on 01/28/07 at 5:36 pm

Goddammit

Now the Bears are going to lose for sure.  Good job retards.

;D ;D I like it! That's clever.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 01/28/07 at 10:03 pm

PLEASE WIN COLTS....PLEASE WIN.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/02/07 at 9:16 am

Signs point to the Colts winning big...of course, if the Bears win, it'll be the greatest day in sports since A.C. Green finally got laid.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/04/07 at 5:30 pm

14 seconds into Super Bowl XLI...Bears 7, Colts 0.

Hmmm.

Written By: La Roche on 02/04/07 at 7:09 pm

Half time - How dull.

I maintain - Football is an aggressive game, so gimmie vi-o-lent music. Slayer for Superbowl XLII.

Anyway, Bears to win by 4.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/04/07 at 7:15 pm

Half time - How dull.

I maintain - Football is an aggressive game, so gimmie vi-o-lent music. Slayer for Superbowl XLII.

Anyway, Bears to win by 4.

That would be nice, and also nicer if the offense would score and the defense would stop the other team from scoring.  That's like, a winning strategy and stuff!

Written By: Red Ant on 02/04/07 at 7:24 pm

So far, this has been an ugly game. I know it's raining, but six combined turnovers in the first half? A botched extra point, a miss on a relatively easy field goal... seems to be a contest of who wants to lose the most.

On an aside, it's good to see Prince is still alive.  ;D

Let's see how the second half goes.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/04/07 at 8:47 pm

The Bad Grossman showed up for the second half it would seem.

Written By: La Roche on 02/04/07 at 8:58 pm

The Bad Grossman showed up for the second half it would seem.

Let's be fair.

Everyone knows he's a bad... baaaad quaterback. Did you hear the Bret Favre comparison?  ;D ;D ;D

He's not expected to play well, the sucky weather combined with an invigorated Indy team has lead to the Bears getting Ruskeyd.

Written By: Sister Morphine on 02/04/07 at 9:34 pm

I AM SO EXCITED!!!!  YAY PEYTON!!!!!

/end girlie moment

Written By: loki 13 on 02/06/07 at 5:17 pm

Here is a scenario that may play out.

When Donovan McNabb got hurt the entire football community, myself included, wrote the season off.
Jeff Garcia proved to be a viable replacement. Before McNabb's injury the Eagles had the #1 offense,
When Garcia took over they fell all the way down to #2. The Eagles defense let them down at critical times,
which cost them any chance of success.

Imagine how different the Super Bowl may have been if Garcia was at the Bears helm. Garcia is a free agent this
year, McNabb will be back as the starting QB for the Eagles. So, if you're Garcia, do you shop yourself to the Bears,
a team with an excellent chance of having a good team, or do you stay content as a backup for McNabb?

Written By: La Roche on 02/06/07 at 6:24 pm

Here is a scenario that may play out.

When Donovan McNabb got hurt the entire football community, myself included, wrote the season off.
Jeff Garcia proved to be a viable replacement. Before McNabb's injury the Eagles had the #1 offense,
When Garcia took over they fell all the down to #2. The Eagles defense let them down at critical times,
which cost them any chance of success.

Imagine how different the Super Bowl may have been if Garcia was at the Bears helm. Garcia is a free agent this
year, McNabb will be back as the starting QB for the Eagles. So, if you're Garcia, do you shop yourself to the Bears,
a team with an excellent chance of having a good team, or do you stay content as a backup for McNabb?

You say "Yo, I don't mind being cold during home games!!!" and prostitute your ass to the Bears.

Written By: loki 13 on 02/06/07 at 6:37 pm

You say "Yo, I don't mind being cold during home games!!!" and prostitute your ass to the Bears.

I agree, The Bears have a good offense with a lousy quarterback. Are the Bears smart enough to go after him?

Written By: La Roche on 02/06/07 at 6:44 pm

I agree, The Bears have a good offense with a lousy quarterback. Are the Bears smart enough to go after him?

Presumably. They didn't build such a good team through stupidity.

Written By: loki 13 on 02/06/07 at 6:56 pm

Presumably. They didn't build such a good team through stupidity.

Then explain Grossman.

Written By: La Roche on 02/06/07 at 7:02 pm

Then explain Grossman.

They play a running game.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/06/07 at 7:49 pm

Then explain Grossman.

Lovie Smith showed that he is an inflexible coach and will not compromise and adjust during games, which is why the Colts won the Super Bowl.  Note that after the kickoff-for-TD, they stopped kicking to Hester; after the first Manning interception, they were much more calculating on offense.  Dungy was just a better coach, because this was a game the Bears could have won.  Oh yeah, Grossman sucks.

Check for new replies or respond here...