inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Juan Montoya is leaving Formula One racing and coming to NASCAR...

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/07/06 at 8:18 pm

Juan Montoya is leaving F1 and going to NASCAR Nextel Cup...he's going to be driving for Ganassi/Sabates..there are people on other message boards saying Montoya will not do well..
Two of NASCAR's most successful drivers, Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart, started racing in open wheel racing (USAC and IRL)..so why would anyone doubt that Montoya will do well, given a few seasons? ???

Subject: Re: Juan Montoya is leaving Formula One racing and coming to NASCAR...

Written By: La Roche on 09/17/06 at 12:03 pm

Juan Montoya is leaving F1 and going to NASCAR Nextel Cup...he's going to be driving for Ganassi/Sabates..there are people on other message boards saying Montoya will not do well..
Two of NASCAR's most successful drivers, Jeff Gordon and Tony Stewart, started racing in open wheel racing (USAC and IRL)..so why would anyone doubt that Montoya will do well, given a few seasons? ???

Of course he'll do well.

He's actually raced cars for a living and had to do things like turn corners... Nascar will be a walk in the park for him.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/17/06 at 5:40 pm

Of course he'll do well.

He's actually raced cars for a living and had to do things like turn corners... Nascar will be a walk in the park for him.
Hey, NASCAR has two road courses on the circuit...Infineon and Watkins Glen. It's NOT all turning left.

Written By: La Roche on 09/18/06 at 2:57 am

Hey, NASCAR has two road courses on the circuit...Infineon and Watkins Glen. It's NOT all turning left.

But most of it is.

I would imagine Montoya was a far superior driver to most of those currently driving on the NASCAR circuit. One would assume he'll place highly.

Written By: Tony20fan4ever on 09/20/06 at 6:18 pm

But most of it is.

I would imagine Montoya was a far superior driver to most of those currently driving on the NASCAR circuit. One would assume he'll place highly.
Actually, most drivers who come from other types of racing don't always do well in NASCAR at first, especially if they go right into Nextel Cup. NASCAR is different from open-wheel racing because of the way the racecars are set up and the cars are much harder to handle because of their size and horespower. If Montoya did some time in the Busch Series, he'd have time to get used to the cars and how they run, also the different tracks on the circuit.

Written By: La Roche on 09/30/06 at 5:02 pm

Actually, most drivers who come from other types of racing don't always do well in NASCAR at first, especially if they go right into Nextel Cup. NASCAR is different from open-wheel racing because of the way the racecars are set up and the cars are much harder to handle because of their size and horespower. If Montoya did some time in the Busch Series, he'd have time to get used to the cars and how they run, also the different tracks on the circuit.

True point.

There's more sheer power in the NASCAR vehicles than in a formula one car, the chance to crash are far higher.

Written By: esoxslayer on 11/14/06 at 6:48 pm

But most of it is.

Montoya made a statement yesterday that he's having a hard time in Nextel Cup, he said not being able to see his tires is going to take a lot of getting used to...he'll struggle but should be all right....

Written By: La Roche on 11/15/06 at 10:41 am

Montoya made a statement yesterday that he's having a hard time in Nextel Cup, he said not being able to see his tires is going to take a lot of getting used to...he'll struggle but should be all right....

Right. I'm thinking the shape and handling of the car will prove to be far more of a problem than the competition. He'll get used to it in time.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 12/03/06 at 3:28 am

Of course he'll do well.

All I can say is, put one of these F1 hotshots into an Outlaw sprint car, see how well they do...  ::)

Written By: La Roche on 12/03/06 at 5:41 am

All I can say is, put one of these F1 hotshots into an Outlaw sprint car, see how well they do...  ::)

;D I dunno, but I know you've realised a dream of mine. I wanna race one of those

Check for new replies or respond here...