inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hunting & Fishing

Written By: La Roche on 11/15/06 at 6:16 pm

I enjoy fox hunting and hunting Turkey. I'm yet to try my hand at bigger game.

Feel free to share your stories and what you're doing this season.

Subject: Re: Hunting & Fishing

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/15/06 at 7:01 pm

I used to go fishing a lot.  We might go to one of the Lakes and fish someday when the boy is older, and my father-in-law wants to take us all fishing when we get back to CA.  Good eats!

Written By: lorac61469 on 11/15/06 at 7:04 pm

I love fishing, usually just go trout or bass fishing.  I have gone deep-sea fishing and I caught big Cobia. 

I went hunting with my husband once, we were dove hunting.  Hunting isn't anything I enjoy and I would never go again.

My husband hunts for deer, turkey, and ducks.  Duck season start this weekend.  He also got a permit to hunt artic swan. 

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 11/15/06 at 11:05 pm

My dad used to take me fishing when I was younger...but that's about the extent of it. ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/16/06 at 3:22 pm

I like to fish (but I usually don't care to eat fish-I know, sounds strange). We usually fish off the Big Dog but once in a while we will fish from the shores of other lakes or take the canoe out. We usually catch sunnies and perch (yellow & white). Once in a while we will catch a bass and once I caught a catfish. After we catch and clean, then Carlos will fire up the propane stove and cook it. You couldn't get much fresher-unless you held the pan over the side of the boat and the fish would jump into it.  :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: Jessica on 11/16/06 at 4:08 pm

Crabbing season just opened in California. For lack of a better way to put it, I can't wait to go home and get some crabs. ;D I used to go fishing a lot with my dad, mainly for rock cod and perch. He goes salmon fishing in season, but I'm reluctant to go into Monterey Bay. Back in the day, him and his buddies would go out for rays and tiger sharks. :o

We used to fish at Nacimiento Lake for bass, and Shasta Lake for rainbow trout and catfish. We hit up the Pajaro River for crawdads once or twice.

These are all places in California, BTW. Somehow, I don't really want to fish in Lake Michigan, seeing as how it's ringed by steel plants, nuclear power plants, and other weird places. I have yet to find a place in Indiana to fish. I also need to buy tackle and poles, since all my stuff is still in California.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 11/16/06 at 5:18 pm

Crabbing season just opened in California. For lack of a better way to put it, I can't wait to go home and get some crabs. ;D I used to go fishing a lot with my dad, mainly for rock cod and perch. He goes salmon fishing in season, but I'm reluctant to go into Monterey Bay. Back in the day, him and his buddies would go out for rays and tiger sharks. :o

We used to fish at Nacimiento Lake for bass, and Shasta Lake for rainbow trout and catfish. We hit up the Pajaro River for crawdads once or twice.

These are all places in California, BTW. Somehow, I don't really want to fish in Lake Michigan, seeing as how it's ringed by steel plants, nuclear power plants, and other weird places. I have yet to find a place in Indiana to fish. I also need to buy tackle and poles, since all my stuff is still in California.

I went crabbing one time when I was kid. I really enjoyed-but I enjoyed eating the ones we caught better than catching them.  ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: loki 13 on 11/16/06 at 6:12 pm

I haven't been crabbing in years, I find it's easier to go to Cap'n Cats for a dozen of crabs.

I try to get to Long Beach Island at least once a year to go Blue Fishing. Blues weren't
really running this year so I didn't go but next year I will be at it again.

Written By: esoxslayer on 01/18/07 at 8:07 pm

I just found this thread....and just in time for ice fishing season.  Just might have to post some pics if and when I ever make it to the ice....

Written By: esoxslayer on 01/18/07 at 8:13 pm

Can't you go into Canada or Maine or someplace similar to do your fishing if NY doesn't have good biting this year?

Many different states and choices available.  Vermont, Ontario, Maine, you name it...this year has been exceptional as far as warm weather and no ice is concerned, up until about a week ago nobody was able to get onto the hard water.  I know people as far north as Montreal and they've had no ice.  All the lakes are wide open or have just started skimming over with the exception in NYS of a few trout ponds in the Adirondacks...

None of the great lakes states have had ice for more than a week now and many of them still do not have sufficient ice to safely go out....

Written By: whistledog on 01/18/07 at 9:04 pm

I used to fish with my dad when I was little.  Nowadays, you need a fishing license, but what the hell do I care.  I always throw back what I catch.  I just like to see what I can catch

Written By: holicman on 01/19/07 at 7:53 am

I go fishing quite regularly for Carp, Redfin,trout.....thats in Freshwater.

In Sea water I go for whatever I can catch off the pier which is edible and of course of legal size to take home :)

Check for new replies or respond here...