inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Madness

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 03/09/07 at 2:19 pm

Forgive me if there's a topic for this already, but I couldn't find it. Anybody else a fan of NCAA basketball? I enjoy it during the season, but tournament time is my favorite. I've mainly been watching the SEC tournament, and there have been some great games already.

Y'all have any teams you support or conference tourneys you follow?

Subject: Re: The Madness

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/09/07 at 3:00 pm

My fellow alumni told me that Cal beat UCLA in the Pac-10 tournament.  That is HUGE.

Not that they're gonna get a berth in the tourney but you never know :)

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 03/09/07 at 3:04 pm

My fellow alumni told me that Cal beat UCLA in the Pac-10 tournament.  That is HUGE.

Not that they're gonna get a berth in the tourney but you never know :)

That was pretty amazing. They haven't won themselves a berth yet, but if they continue playing the role of giant slayer tonight against Oregon, they'll be looking as good as anyone for the PAC-10 win and the automatic qualifier.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/09/07 at 3:06 pm

That was pretty amazing. They haven't won themselves a berth yet, but if they continue playing the role of giant slayer tonight against Oregon, they'll be looking as good as anyone for the PAC-10 win and the automatic qualifier.

I think it's possible but not likely.  Cal is wildly inconsistent.

I hear the favorite this year may be Kansas, because they've got more depth than Florida.

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 03/09/07 at 3:10 pm

I hear the favorite this year may be Kansas, because they've got more depth than Florida.

Kansas is a strong team but the last few years they've found ways to do something incredibly stupid during the big dance. This year could turn that around - I think a lot will depend on who else ends up in their division.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/12/07 at 9:18 am

Da field

Written By: tv on 03/18/07 at 8:07 pm

I'm surprised Wisconsin got knocked out of the tourney by UNLV today. I really didn;t expect Wisconsin to go out that early in the tourney.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/18/07 at 8:08 pm

I'm surprised Wisconsin got knocked out of the tourney by UNLV today. I really didn;t expect Wisconsin to go out that early in the tourney.

Wisconsin = overrated.  UNLV = underrated.  Guess you can do the math :)

I didn't think Wisconsin would get past the Sweet 16 anyway...guess I was right in a way :D :D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/23/07 at 8:35 pm

Butler gave Florida a run for their money!

Vanderbilt almost eliminated Georgetown too, that was a timely shot by the GTown dude to win the game!

Written By: tv on 03/24/07 at 10:33 pm

Oh well another talented Kansas team that fails to have a chance to win the national championship. I had a feeling things were looking up for Kansas going into this game today against UCLA but another failed opportunity to win the national championship  but its not gonna happen. How much heatache can the Kansas program take in the NCAA tourney? Their losses in the tourbey have been terrible over the years. Losing to UTEP in 1992 in the second round, losing in the first round last year I think and and the icing on the cake losing a Final 8 game to Syracuse in the 1996 tourney in what could have been considered a home game for Kansas since that game was played in Kansas City at Kemper Arena. Of course losing the championship game to Syracuse in 2003 or 2004(forget the year exactly) wasn;t good either.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/25/07 at 7:02 pm

Well, my bracket is screwed.  I'd be PISSED if I had money on it :D :D :D

Written By: statsqueen on 03/26/07 at 5:56 pm

Well, my bracket is screwed.  I'd be PISSED if I had money on it :D :D :D

Who screwed your bracket, Rice Cube?

My team didn't even make it to the dance!  As long as Ohio State doesn't win the whole thing, I'll be ok.  It would be kind of cool to see G'town win, since Pat Ewing's son plays for them (since I don't have anyone else to cheer for).  I just feel sorry for all the seniors whose collegiate careers have come to an end.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/26/07 at 10:11 pm

Who screwed your bracket, Rice Cube?

My team didn't even make it to the dance!  As long as Ohio State doesn't win the whole thing, I'll be ok.  It would be kind of cool to see G'town win, since Pat Ewing's son plays for them (since I don't have anyone else to cheer for).  I just feel sorry for all the seniors whose collegiate careers have come to an end.

Not everyone can win the whole thing :)

Kansas and UNC both disappointed me.  Grrr.

Written By: statsqueen on 03/26/07 at 10:40 pm

Not everyone can win the whole thing :)

Kansas and UNC both disappointed me.  Grrr.

lol You and my daughter should commiserate.  She won't even wear her UNC cap!  ;D

Like I said, though, as long as OSU doesn't win the championship, then I'm good.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 03/31/07 at 4:33 pm

No! Not Georgetown! Frickin' cheaters.

I'm still bitter.

You mean that six-step non-travel at the end of the Vanderbilt game?  In the officials' defense, he WAS kinda surrounded, but still.

UNC decided they didn't want to win, so can't really blame G-Town for taking advantage of the sitch.

Check for new replies or respond here...