inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Formula 1 racing season 2007

Written By: Henk on 03/18/07 at 12:49 pm

Don't know if there are any fans of Formula 1 racing around, but the new season has started today.  :D
This year we'll have to do without Michael Schumacher (who dominated the sport for many years), but his brother Ralf is still present - and so are Fernando Alonso (reigning champion), Kimi Raikkonen, Felipe Massa and many others. :)

For the first time in history there's also a Dutch Formula 1 Team present, so I'll be watching the races with even more interest.
First race wasn't very successful though...Christijan Albers crashed in lap 11(dope! >:() , and Adrian Sutil finished 17th (and last), 2 laps behind Kimi Raikkonen, who won the race.

These are the results of the Australian GP (March 18, 2007 - Albert Park, Melbourne)

01. Kimi Raikkonen
02. Fernando Alonso
03. Lewis Hamilton
04. Nick Heidfeld
05. Giancarlo Fisichella
06. Felipe Massa
07. Niko Rosberg
08. Ralf Schumacher

17. Adrian Sutil (2 laps)
------------------------------
22. Christijan Albers (dnf - crash, lap 11)

Subject: Re: Formula 1 racing season 2007

Written By: Bobo on 03/31/07 at 11:12 am

No race for April 1, but the Malaysian GP at Sepang coming up on April 8.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/07 at 11:14 am

Don't know if there are any fans of Formula 1 racing around, but the new season has started today.  :D
This year we'll have to do without Michael Schumacher (who dominated the sport for many years), but his brother Ralf is still present - and so are Fernando Alonso (reigning champion), Kimi Raikkonen, Felipe Massa and many others. :)

For the first time in history there's also a Dutch Formula 1 Team present, so I'll be watching the races with even more interest.
First race wasn't very successful though...Christijan Albers crashed in lap 11(dope! >:() , and Adrian Sutil finished 17th (and last), 2 laps behind Kimi Raikkonen, who won the race.

These are the results of the Australian GP (March 18, 2007 - Albert Park, Melbourne)

01. Kimi Raikkonen
02. Fernando Alonso
03. Lewis Hamilton
04. Nick Heidfeld
05. Giancarlo Fisichella
06. Felipe Massa
07. Niko Rosberg
08. Ralf Schumacher

17. Adrian Sutil (2 laps)
------------------------------
22. Christijan Albers (dnf - crash, lap 11)

Who the heck is Lewis Hamilton?

Written By: Henk on 03/31/07 at 11:20 am

Who the heck is Lewis Hamilton?

New kid in town, from the UK (Scottish, if I'm right). I think he was last years champion of Formula 3, but I'm not quite sure.

Lemme check...

Written By: Henk on 03/31/07 at 11:29 am

New kid in town, from the UK (Scottish, if I'm right). I think he was last years champion of Formula 3, but I'm not quite sure.

Lemme check...

Well, slightly off there... :-did win the Formula 3 Euro Series (albeit in 2005), and also the GP2 Series (in 2006).

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/07 at 12:44 pm

Well, slightly off there... :-did win the Formula 3 Euro Series (albeit in 2005), and also the GP2 Series (in 2006).
How was his race when he finished third?

Written By: Henk on 03/31/07 at 1:15 pm

How was his race when he finished third?

I don't remember in detail Philip - it was almost two weeks ago. But I think you'll agree that finishing third in your first Formula 1 race is more than just "pretty decent". ;)

In fact, it was the first time in 11 years that a rookie finished in the Top 3, which says it all really.

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/07 at 1:17 pm

I don't remember in detail Philip - it was almost two weeks ago. But I think you'll agree that finishing third in your first Formula 1 race is more than just "pretty decent". ;)

In fact, it was the first time in 11 years that a rookie finished in the Top 3, which says it all really.
So his finished at Third, could still be a flash in a pan, or are big things expected from him?

Written By: holicman on 03/31/07 at 1:43 pm

Lewis hamilton is being talked up as the next british F1 champion.

He is a good driver, he made one mistake all weekend where he went wide and lost 2 seconds by diverting onto the grass during the race while chasing the lead.

Written By: Henk on 03/31/07 at 3:57 pm

And he very well could be, although that's a bit hard to judge after just one race.

He is a good driver, he made one mistake all weekend where he went wide and lost 2 seconds by diverting onto the grass during the race while chasing the lead.

I've seen a more experienced driver make a much worse mistake/misjudgement in that particular race. ::)

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/31/07 at 4:02 pm

Did he lost any positions during the lost 2 seconds?

Written By: Henk on 04/08/07 at 3:17 pm

The second race of the 2007 season was held earlier today. The Malaysian Grand Prix was won by Fernando Alonso, with Lewis Hamilton in second place, making it a double victory for the McLaren team.

It was another disappointing race for the Spyker Team: both cars did not finish. Adrian Sutil's race lasted less than one lap (he was hit by another car and had to stop), and Christijan Albers only managed to do 8 laps before his engine got stuck in 3rd gear and subsequently broke down.

Results of the Malaysian GP (Sepang, April 8, 2007):

01. Fernando Alonso (McLaren)
02. Lewis Hamilton (McLaren)
03. Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari)
04. Nick Heidfeld (BMW Sauber)
05. Felipe Massa (Ferrari)
06. Giancarlo Fisichella (Renault)
07. Jarno Trulli (Toyota)
08. Heikki Kovalainen (Renault)
--------------------------------------------------------------
21. Christijan Albers (dnf - gearbox, lap 8 )
22. Adrian Sutil (dnf - result of crash, lap 1)

Current WC standings

Driver's Championship:
18 pt. Fernando Alonso
16 pt.  Kimi Raikkonen
14 pt. Lewis Hamilton
10 pt. Nick Heidfeld
07 pt. Felipe Massa
07 pt. Giancarlo Fisichella
02 pt. Jarno Trulli
02 pt.  Nico Rosberg
01 pt. Ralf Schumacher
01 pt. Heikki Kovalainen

Constructor's Championship:
32 pt. McLaren
22 pt. Ferrari
10 pt. BMW Sauber
08 pt. Renault
03 pt. Toyota
02 pt. Williams

All other drivers and teams are still without points.

Written By: Bobo on 04/08/07 at 3:27 pm

Yet another superb race weekend for our boy Lewis Hamilton. Kubica, (it's Ku-Bitza, not Kubicker) after showing some promise in his early races, is sadly, slowly fading.

The beauty and splendour of Bahrain to come on April 15th, just one week from today. Good luck boys.

Written By: Bobo on 04/14/07 at 4:44 pm

Tomorrow's race in the ever more beautiful Bahrain, sees Hamilton score an excellent second place on the grid, and, I believe he can now become the first person to EVER finish in the top three places in all his first three Grands Prix.

The form guides tell me that Massa will once again come out on top, but for our boy Lewis? Who's to tell? As for Spyker, with Albers and Sutil both underperforming after missing last weekend's test session, they'd better be on their best form to even finish tomorrow's race.

Written By: La Roche on 04/14/07 at 4:56 pm

I was watching the qualifying from Bahrain today. Hamilton seriously impressed me. Granted, he's driving a far improved McLaren against Ferrari's who've essentially been stripped down, but regardless - for a rookie, very impressive.

Written By: Henk on 04/14/07 at 5:39 pm

Tomorrow's race in the ever more beautiful Bahrain, sees Hamilton score an excellent second place on the grid, and, I believe he can now become the first person to EVER finish in the top three places in all his first three Grands Prix.

Well, if anyone can...it's Hamilton.

The form guides tell me that Massa will once again come out on top, but for our boy Lewis? Who's to tell? As for Spyker, with Albers and Sutil both underperforming after missing last weekend's test session, they'd better be on their best form to even finish tomorrow's race.

Something tells me that's not going to happen. At least one, but most likely both cars will somehow crash or break down.

Spyker still has a lot of work to do...

I was watching the qualifying from Bahrain today. Hamilton seriously impressed me. Granted, he's driving a far improved McLaren against Ferrari's who've essentially been stripped down, but regardless - for a rookie, very impressive.

Hamilton is the guy to watch, definitely.

Written By: Henk on 04/15/07 at 11:50 am

Something tells me that's not going to happen. At least one, but most likely both cars will somehow crash or break down.

Spyker still has a lot of work to do...

For once I'm glad I was wrong. ;D Both cars did finish the Bahrain GP earlier today, so that's the good news.  Of course, they were way behind the leaders...which is not very good. (In Adrian Sutil's defense: apparently he got tangled up in a crash at the start, which compelled him to make a pitstop and have his front wing replaced).

I haven't been able to see the entire race today, but from what I've seen it couldn't have been very exciting. Today's winner is Felipe Massa (improving with every race), with Lewis Hamilton finishing second (again) and Kimi Raikkonen in third place.
The Renault team seems to have some major problems this season...

Results of the Bahrain GP (April 15, 2007)

01. Felipe Massa (Ferrari)
03. Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari)
04. Nick Heidfeld (BMW Sauber)
05. Fernando Alonso (McLaren)
06. Robert Kubica (BMW Sauber)
07. Jarno Trulli (Toyota)
08. Giancarlo Fisichella (Renault)

14. Christijan Albers (2 laps)
15. Adrian Sutil (4 laps)

Current WC standings

Driver's Championship:
22 pts. Kimi Raikkonen, Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton
17 pts. Felipe Massa
15 pts. Nick Heidfeld
8 pts. Giancarlo Fisichella
4 pts. Jarno Trulli
3 pts. Robert Kubica
2 pts. Nico Rosberg
1 pt. Heikko Kovalainen and Ralf Schumacher

Constructor's Championship:
44 pts. McLaren
39 pts. Ferrari
18 pts. BMW Sauber
9 pts. Renault
5 pts. Toyota
2 pts. Williams

Written By: Bobo on 04/15/07 at 8:08 pm

Lewis Hamilton joint-top of the Drivers' Championship. Who would have thought it?!

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/16/07 at 2:57 pm

Lewis Hamilton joint-top of the Drivers' Championship. Who would have thought it?!
Has anyone done an achievement like this before in Formula 1 racing?

Written By: Bobo on 04/16/07 at 4:33 pm

The kind of statistics we're talking about for Hamilton are not quite unheard of, but we're talking semantics here. For example, they were saying, "Who is the only driver to have won a Grand Prix in his debut race". The answer is Giuseppe Farina, who won the first race, GB 1950, ever contested in Formula One.

The season's champion, Fangio, led for one lap of the debut race, but did not have the kind of race which would be the indicator of things to come.

Written By: Henk on 04/23/07 at 3:43 pm

With the next race scheduled for May 13, there's plenty of tinkering time for all teams (especially Renault and Spyker).

Written By: Henk on 05/13/07 at 3:35 pm

Another race, another story...

Only 14 cars finished the GP of Spain earlier today. Two of those cars were Spykers, so that's good news once again. It looks like they're proving to be reliable. Now if they only could gain some speed...

The race was won by Felipe Massa (starting from pole), with Lewis Hamilton finishing 2nd (third time in a row, and thus taking the lead in the driverships championship). Fernando Alonso took hold of the 3rd place, but it might have been more if he hadn't made a mistake heading for the first turn.
First points for Red Bull Racing and Super Aguri this season (congrats to both teams), with Renault still struggling.

Results of the Spanish GP (Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona, May 13, 2007)

03. Fernando Alonso (McLaren)
04. Robert Kubica (BMW)
05. David Coulthard (Red Bull Racing)
06. Nico Rosberg (Williams)
07. Heikki Kovalainen (Renault)
08. Takuma Sato (Super Aguri)

13. Adrian Sutil (Spyker) (2 laps)
14. Christijan Albers (Spyker) (2 laps)

Current WC standings

Drivers championship
30 pts. Lewis Hamilton
28 pts. Fernando Alonso
27 pts. Felipe Massa
22 pts. Kimi Raikkonen
15 pts. Nick Heidfeld
8 pts. Robert Kubica and Giancarlo Fisichella

Constructors championship
58 pts. McLaren
49 pts. Ferrari
23 pts. BMW
11 pts. Renault
5 pts. Williams and Toyota
4 pts. Red Bull Racing
1 pt. Super Aguri

Written By: Bobo on 05/13/07 at 3:36 pm

All the Spyker team needs now is a rocket up its butt and they're sorted. As for Lewis Hamilton, our boy has come good once again. Can he win next time? Let's see. For now, there are another Bra-zillion reasons to keep track of this close fight for the top.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/14/07 at 2:10 am

Another race, another story...

Only 14 cars finished the GP of Spain earlier today. Two of those cars were Spykers, so that's good news once again. It looks like they're proving to be reliable. Now if they only could gain some speed...

The race was won by Felipe Massa (starting from pole), with Lewis Hamilton finishing 2nd (third time in a row, and thus taking the lead in the driverships championship). Fernando Alonso took hold of the 3rd place, but it might have been more if he hadn't made a mistake heading for the first turn.
First points for Red Bull Racing and Super Aguri this season (congrats to both teams), with Renault still struggling.

Results of the Spanish GP (Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona, May 13, 2007)

03. Fernando Alonso (McLaren)
04. Robert Kubica (BMW)
05. David Coulthard (Red Bull Racing)
06. Nico Rosberg (Williams)
07. Heikki Kovalainen (Renault)
08. Takuma Sato (Super Aguri)

13. Adrian Sutil (Spyker) (2 laps)
14. Christijan Albers (Spyker) (2 laps)

Current WC standings

Drivers championship
30 pts. Lewis Hamilton
28 pts. Fernando Alonso
27 pts. Felipe Massa
22 pts. Kimi Raikkonen
15 pts. Nick Heidfeld
8 pts. Robert Kubica and Giancarlo Fisichella

Constructors championship
58 pts. McLaren
49 pts. Ferrari
23 pts. BMW
11 pts. Renault
5 pts. Williams and Toyota
4 pts. Red Bull Racing
1 pt. Super Aguri

Lewis Hamilton is phenomenal

Written By: Henk on 06/10/07 at 2:29 pm

Lewis Hamilton is phenomenal

Quite. And to prove this, he has won today's Canadian GP. :)

Written By: Henk on 06/10/07 at 2:38 pm

Nobody seems to have noticed I haven't posted anything about the GP of Monaco (that was held two weeks ago).

Maybe I should forget about this thread too... :-\\

Written By: La Roche on 06/10/07 at 3:45 pm

So I watched the Canadian Grand Prix today and really enjoyed it, there was enough odd things going on to keep me entertained. Ever since they've messed with the anti-ferrari rules I've been slowly losing interest but today was a great race.

Written By: Henk on 06/11/07 at 12:15 am

So I watched the Canadian Grand Prix today and really enjoyed it, there was enough odd things going on to keep me entertained. Ever since they've messed with the anti-ferrari rules I've been slowly losing interest but today was a great race.

I don't think Robert Kubica would describe his crash as an "odd thing"...but other than that, I agree.

Cars hitting walls, cars spinning, drivers ignoring red lights, drivers ignoring SC procedures...and one major crash. Pretty eventful. In the end, there were only 11 cars left running.

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/11/07 at 3:02 am

I hear that Lewis Hamilton is doing very well now, so well that he is on top the Formula One World Championship

Written By: Henk on 06/11/07 at 2:37 pm

I hear that Lewis Hamilton is doing very well now, so well that he is on top the Formula One World Championship

Lewis Hamilton is da man. 8) So far, we've had six races and he's finished Top Three on all occasions. This man could turn out bigger than Michael Schumacher.

Written By: La Roche on 06/11/07 at 2:45 pm

I don't think Robert Kubica would describe his crash as an "odd thing"...but other than that, I agree.

Cars hitting walls, cars spinning, drivers ignoring red lights, drivers ignoring SC procedures...and one major crash. Pretty eventful. In the end, there were only 11 cars left running.

Eventful indeed, that's what those races ought to be like, more entertaining.

Written By: Henk on 06/11/07 at 2:59 pm

Eventful indeed, that's what those races ought to be like, more entertaining.

Agreed. I was hoping to see some action in the Monaco GP two weeks ago, but unfortunately it wasn't raining. :P So in the end, only three cars failed to finish there.

I know, I know...Christijan Albers didn't finish the race either. But his car was still running and he was still in the driver's seat, so he was ranked.

All in all, Canada was more like it. (Don't get me wrong: I don't like to see any drivers injured or - even worse - killed on the track!)

Written By: La Roche on 06/11/07 at 10:28 pm

Agreed. I was hoping to see some action in the Monaco GP two weeks ago, but unfortunately it wasn't raining. :P So in the end, only three cars failed to finish there.

I know, I know...Christijan Albers didn't finish the race either. But his car was still running and he was still in the driver's seat, so he was ranked.

All in all, Canada was more like it. (Don't get me wrong: I don't like to see any drivers injured or - even worse - killed on the track!)

Oh no, I don't either, but I do like to see some action, more overtaking, more competition.. and if some accidents is what it takes to get that, I'm all for it.

Written By: Henk on 06/17/07 at 3:57 pm

And Lewis Hamilton has done it again! :D

Just one week after winning the Canadian GP, he's also won the US GP (held today at the IMS, Indianapolis).

Written By: Philip Eno on 06/17/07 at 3:59 pm

And Lewis Hamilton has done it again! :D

Just one week after winning the Canadian GP, he's also won the US GP (held today at the IMS, Indianapolis).
What a lad, where has he been for the last few years, we could had done with him earlier.

Written By: Henk on 06/17/07 at 4:31 pm

What a lad, where has he been for the last few years, we could had done with him earlier.

Busy winning other championships, Philip. ;)

Today's race wasn't as spectacular as last weeks Canadian GP. Three cars had to end the race in a very early stage due to a driver's error by Ralf Schumacher (is this the last we've seen of him this season? :-\\), and four more cars didn't cross the finish line due to various mechanical failures. The good news is both Spyker cars finished (unlike a week ago), the bad news is they were holding bottom two positions. Their one-stop strategy didn't pay off.
Sebastian Vettel (third driver for the BMW Sauber team) proved to be a worthy replacement for Robert Kubica (who miraculously escaped unharmed from his crash a week ago, but was still deemed unfit to drive today), taking the 8th place and a point for the Driver's Championship.

Written By: Henk on 06/17/07 at 4:48 pm

Here's an update of the last three races:

Monaco GP (Monte Carlo, May 27, 2007)

01. Fernando Alonso (McLaren)
03. Felipe Massa (Ferrari)
04. Giancarlo Fisichella (Renault)
05. Robert Kubica (BMW Sauber)
06. Nick Heidfeld (BMW Sauber)
07. Alexander Wurz (Williams)
08. Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari)

19. Christijan Albers (Spyker) (8 laps)
----
20. Adrian Sutil (Spyker) (crash, lap 53)

Canadian GP (Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, Montreal, June 10, 2007)

01. Lewis Hamilton (McLaren)
02. Nick Heidfeld (BMW Sauber)
03. Alexander Wurz (Williams)
04. Heikki Kovalainen (Renault)
05. Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari)
06. Takuma Sato (Super Aguri)
07. Fernando Alonso (McLaren)
08. Ralf Schumacher (Toyota)
----
15. Christijan Albers (Spyker) (crash, lap 47)
18. Adrian Sutil  (Spyker) (crash, lap 21)

US GP (Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indianapolis. June 17, 2007)

01. Lewis Hamilton (McLaren)
02. Fernando Alonso (McLaren)
03. Felipe Massa (Ferrari)
04. Kimi Raikkonen (Ferrari)
05. Heikki Kovalainen (Renault)
06. Jarno Trulli (Toyota)
07. Mark Webber (Red Bull Racing)
08. Sebastian Vettel (BMW Sauber)

14. Adrian Sutil (Spyker) (2 laps)
15. Christijan Albers (Spyker) (3 laps)

Current Championship standings:

Drivers:
58 pts. Lewis Hamilton
48 pts. Fernando Alonso
39 pts. Felipe Massa
32 pts. Kimi Raikkonen
26 pts. Nick Heidfeld
13 pts. Giancarlo Fisichella
12 pts. Robert Kubica and Heikki Kovalainen

Constructors:
106 pts. McLaren
71 pts. Ferrari
39 pts. BMW Sauber
25 pts. Renault
13 pts. Williams
9 pts. Toyota
6 pts. Red Bull Racing
4 pts. Super Aguri

Written By: holicman on 06/18/07 at 12:47 am

So far this race has been the most entertaining this season.

Its had more incidents and also history was made with Lewis taking his first victory and of course Takuma Sato scoring Super Aguri's first ever point :)

The US GP was ok, but nothing really happened, nothing changed, Mclaren were dominant and it was a 2 horse race from start to finish.

Written By: La Roche on 06/18/07 at 12:50 am

So far this race has been the most entertaining this season.

Its had more incidents and also history was made with Lewis taking his first victory and of course Takuma Sato scoring Super Aguri's first ever point :)

The US GP was ok, but nothing really happened, nothing changed, Mclaren were dominant and it was a 2 horse race from start to finish.

The US GP was dull, eventually I changed the channel. I enjoy Formula 1 but the rules have become far too restrictive.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/01/07 at 4:47 am

Ferrari's Felipe Massa begins Sunday's French Grand Prix on pole, with McLaren's Lewis Hamilton second on the grid.

Written By: karen on 07/02/07 at 6:19 am

Ferrari's Felipe Massa begins Sunday's French Grand Prix on pole, with McLaren's Lewis Hamilton second on the grid.

But that wasn't how it finished

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/6258728.stm

Written By: Bobo on 07/07/07 at 8:59 pm

Hamilton is on pole for the Silverstone Grand Prix, pulling in a near-as-dammit 1:20 lap at the last minute to secure his position at the top. Raikkonen, on the other hand, is complaining about sand. "I do not like it, Sam I am" and all that nonsense.

Let's hope Hamilton can keep his amazing reliability record going and finish at least top three today. Not to sound too pessimistic of course, but highs are only highs until we crash straight back down again.

Written By: Philip Eno on 07/22/07 at 2:34 am

Lewis Hamilton remains hopeful he will race in Sunday's European Grand Prix after leaving the Nurburgring on a stretcher following a high-speed crash.

The Briton, 22, went into the tyre wall at the 'Schumacher S' bend and struggled to get out of his McLaren before medical assistance arrived.

"I'm absolutely fine and I really hope I can race," said Hamilton, who has been provisionally cleared to race.

He will undergo a final check-up by FIA doctor Gary Hartstein on Sunday.

Written By: Henk on 08/15/07 at 3:55 pm

There doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in this thread... :-\\

...and with Christijan Albers dumped by his team, I've kinda lost interest too.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/13/07 at 10:34 am

Things look very bleak for McLaren, for they are awaiting their fate following Thursday's hearing into the long-running and acrimonious Formula One 'spygate' saga.

Written By: Red Ant on 09/14/07 at 11:11 pm

Things look very bleak for McLaren, for they are awaiting their fate following Thursday's hearing into the long-running and acrimonious Formula One 'spygate' saga.

Yep:

http://sports.aol.com/moresports/story/_a/team-fined-100-million-for-spying/20070913144309990001

Ant

Written By: Henk on 09/15/07 at 2:30 am

Yep:

http://sports.aol.com/moresports/story/_a/team-fined-100-million-for-spying/20070913144309990001

Ant

It could have been worse...

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/15/07 at 12:48 pm

It could have been worse...
How many million?

Written By: Henk on 09/15/07 at 2:33 pm

How many million?

I wasn't thinking money...I was thinking: total ban for two seasons, or something like that. Which would've been disastrous for Lewis Hamilton.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/16/07 at 7:29 am

I wasn't thinking money...I was thinking: total ban for two seasons, or something like that. Which would've been disastrous for Lewis Hamilton.
Lewis Hamilton could be snapped up by another team?

Written By: Henk on 09/16/07 at 9:06 am

Lewis Hamilton could be snapped up by another team?

No doubt about that...But then he would be driving another (inferior) car.

I don't think Lewis Hamilton is going to leave McLaren anytime soon, though - he owes a lot to the team (or the other way round: the team has invested a lot of money in him).

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/16/07 at 10:55 am

No doubt about that...But then he would be driving another (inferior) car.

I don't think Lewis Hamilton is going to leave McLaren anytime soon, though - he owes a lot to the team (or the other way round: the team has invested a lot of money in him).
We can only wait and see.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/21/07 at 4:04 am

In order to win the F1 Championship, Lewis Hamilton must finished first or second in the final race of the season in Brazil.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/21/07 at 3:53 pm

Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen wins the Formula One championship as Lewis Hamilton can only finish seventh in a dramatic Brazilian GP.

Written By: Henk on 10/21/07 at 4:15 pm

Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen wins the Formula One championship as Lewis Hamilton can only finish seventh in a dramatic Brazilian GP.

Well, who would've thought...

Lewis only got himself to blame, really. He should never have done the extra lap(s) two weeks ago, no matter what his instructions were. Ending up in the gravel inside the pit lane is just...stupid. That was a costly mistake, as it turns out.

So close, and yet so far...

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/21/07 at 4:17 pm

Well, who would've thought...

Lewis only got himself to blame, really. He should never have done the extra lap(s) two weeks ago, no matter what his instructions were. Ending up in the gravel inside the pit lane is just...stupid. That was a costly mistake, as it turns out.

So close, and yet so far...
I did not see the race, but putting it in simple terms...

...there is always next year.

Written By: Henk on 10/21/07 at 4:24 pm

I did not see the race, but putting it in simple terms...

...there is always next year.

For some reason I fear Lewis Hamilton and/or McLaren won't be able to do this well again next season... :-\\

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/21/07 at 4:25 pm

For some reason I fear Lewis Hamilton and/or McLaren won't be able to do this well again next season... :-\\
Why is that?

Written By: Henk on 10/21/07 at 4:34 pm

Why is that?

Just a hunch. This season, they had the advantage of some inside information from Ferrari...won't be having that next season.
I fear 2008 will be an all Ferrari show (again).  8-P

Written By: Bobo on 10/21/07 at 5:14 pm

All is not quite as it seems down in Camp F1 - Lewis might still be in with a shot of the title if the result of a Steward's enquiry goes his way.

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/22/07 at 6:30 am

All is not quite as it seems down in Camp F1 - Lewis might still be in with a shot of the title if the result of a Steward's enquiry goes his way.
The latest of this can be read here McLaren set to launch fuel appeal

Written By: Henk on 10/22/07 at 2:08 pm

On a different note...

The Dutch Formula 1 Team is to be sold (surprise, surprise...), so I've changed my sig line. No need to support a non-existing team anymore.

Check for new replies or respond here...