inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: NBA Shame

Written By: freeridemt on 07/20/07 at 10:49 pm

Not sure If this would go under sports or some where else.
But 13 year NBA Ref Tim Donaghy will turn him self over to the FBI on charges that he bet on NBA games that he was the Ref in. Also now released by the Feds that Mr Donaghy has ties to certain Mafia and organized crime figures.

Now just what the heck this will mean in the long run for the NBA, I haven't a clue. But I am willing to say not good.

Subject: Re: NBA Shame

Written By: loki 13 on 07/22/07 at 12:25 pm

You know, I'm not really surprised. The way some of the calls have been made makes one wonder if
something wasn't right. This is just more proof of the decline of professional sports. I always thought
the NHL would be the first to fold but with the thug mentality and gambling rings involved in the NBA,
it looks like it will be the first to go. Mediocre players demanding millions of dollars, the athletes are pricing
themselves out of business. Now with a point shaving scandal, will fans be willing to put out hundreds of
dollars to attend a game?

Subject: Re: NBA Shame

Written By: danootaandme on 07/22/07 at 4:27 pm

Business as usual since the start of any sport.  This isn't anything new, ask Shoeless Joe.

Check for new replies or respond here...