inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Does your football team suck?

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/07/07 at 4:08 pm

The Cleveland Steamers played against the Patriots and lost. (Figures.) I think Crennel will be fired by the end of this year.

Subject: Re: Does your football team suck?

Written By: ninny on 10/18/07 at 10:06 am

hey I like the bills,my father-in-law likes the dolphins, which are both doing worse than the Browns, your team is improving this year,also did you except to beat the Patriots?, Hell the cowboys could not even do that.

Written By: Brian06 on 10/18/07 at 11:58 am

hey I like the bills,my father-in-law likes the dolphins, which are both doing worse than the Browns, your team is improving this year,also did you except to beat the Patriots?, Hell the cowboys could not even do that.

That's true the Browns finally look somewhat respectable this year, the offense is actually very good, if they only had a defense...

Written By: Tia on 10/18/07 at 12:22 pm

i think of my two teams as the redskins and the houston texans. the redskins are doing passably, if irregularly; the texans have improved recently but have SUCKED the past few years, like, 2-12 type sucking.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/21/07 at 5:46 am

My sister likes the 49ers, my brother the Giants, my son the Patriots, so I just root for whomever I am with at the time of the game  ;D

Written By: La Roche on 10/21/07 at 10:21 am

My sister likes the 49ers, my brother the Giants, my son the Patriots, so I just root for whomever I am with at the time of the game  ;D

Clearly your brother is an intelligent man.

Giants are 4-2 with a 4 game streak going, if Eli can just get his head out of the clouds all of a sudden they have a good team.

I wish Jeremy Shockey would get more involved, Plaxico Burress is a great receiver but Shockey brings so much needed upper body violence through the back which is what the Giants have lacked so far this year.

Written By: loki 13 on 10/21/07 at 12:10 pm

Clearly your brother is an intelligent man.

Giants are 4-2 with a 4 game streak going, if Eli can just get his head out of the clouds all of a sudden they have a good team.

I wish Jeremy Shockey would get more involved, Plaxico Burress is a great receiver but Shockey brings so much needed upper body violence through the back which is what the Giants have lacked so far this year.

This is where we disagree. I absolutely abhor the Giants, just saying their name leaves a bad taste. The only thing good about
the Giants is they have Eli Manning and Tom Coughlin. So long as they have those two the Giants will go nowhere. Unfortunately,
the Eagles suffer the same circumstance, Quarterback and Head Coach whose mind is anywhere but in the game. My other most
hated team, the Cowboys, look poised to take the division and seem to be the team to beat in the NFC.

Written By: La Roche on 10/21/07 at 11:22 pm

This is where we disagree. I absolutely abhor the Giants, just saying their name leaves a bad taste. The only thing good about
the Giants is they have Eli Manning and Tom Coughlin. So long as they have those two the Giants will go nowhere. Unfortunately,
the Eagles suffer the same circumstance, Quarterback and Head Coach whose mind is anywhere but in the game. My other most
hated team, the Cowboys, look poised to take the division and seem to be the team to beat in the NFC.

Well of course you hate the Giants, you're an Eagles fan.

I have all the respect in the world for Eagles fans, as a fan base, they know the game and aren't the same happy-clappy fair weather fans you'll find across the country.. but man, your team sucks!  ;D

If Manning can just snap back to reality.. he's shown how good he is. He legitimately has the ability to perform to the same level his brother has, but he can't apply himself. Eli is the class-clown of the Football Field, he knows the game, he understands the plays, he has the physical attributes to get the job done, but he just can't put it together and concentrate.

By the way, the Giants won today and have now won the last 5 in a row.. and as per usual, at times Eli was outstanding and at times he just wasn't there, illustrating my point perfectly. I'm watching right now - Thank you Tivo!

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/21/07 at 11:29 pm

Yes.  >:(

(beats head against the wall)

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/21/07 at 11:31 pm

The Cleveland Steamers played against the Patriots and lost. (Figures.) I think Crennel will be fired by the end of this year.

One time when I was at work I told my supervisor I had to take a dump and he said, "Ah, so you're gonna take the Browns to the Super Bowl?"  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Doc Brown on 10/22/07 at 12:19 am

One time when I was at work I told my supervisor I had to take a dump and he said, "Ah, so you're gonna take the Browns to the Super Bowl?"  ;D ;D ;D

I'm no fan of the Browns, but as you say, AL: ^That's just wrong.

I, on the other hand, have only one thing to complain about. The Patriots continued to be undefeated today, BUT NO CHANNEL ON MY CABLE SERVICE CARRIED IT! Not even ESPN! Now there's something that s---s. At least I caught the spectacular highlights on The Blitz, I can feel the New England Dynasty will carry on this year! NTM I'll be watching the Jaguars take on the Colts tomorrow night. Hope they give Manning & his Super Bowl crew a run for the money. See you after the game!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: ninny on 10/22/07 at 12:08 pm

Hey the Bills won, so I had a god weekend

Written By: loki 13 on 10/23/07 at 4:40 pm

Well of course you hate the Giants, you're an Eagles fan.

I have all the respect in the world for Eagles fans, as a fan base, they know the game and aren't the same happy-clappy fair weather fans you'll find across the country.. but man, your team sucks!  ;D

Truer words have never been spoken.  >:(

Right now the Eagles are finding ways to lose. In Sunday's game against the Bears, there were two horrendous holding calls
and a misinterpretation of a rule, if called right the Eagles win but that's not why they lost. They lost because of their inability
to score touchdowns. I think the Reid, McNabb era has come to a close. It's time to blow up the team and rebuild.

I still don't think Eli will amount to much, he doesn't seem to have the poise of a superstar quarterback. He is too apt to put
the ball up for grabs and he only seems to look for one receiver, Plaxico Burress.  As much as I hate the guy, Jeremy Shockey
is a force to be reckoned with, but Eli doesn't get him the ball enough, same goes for Toomer. Teams use to fear him, but now
they just double up Burress and don't really worry about anyone else. In any event, it seems the Giants are getting their act
together and maybe they can challenge the Cowboys for the division. I don't have any faith at all in the Redskins, the games
they're winning are done with smoke and mirrors. When push comes to shove, they'll be shoved to the bottom.

Edit to add:

I forgot to mention your comment on the fans; Thank You, very seldom do we hear anyone has respect. All we hear is how
bad we are, The fans who would boo Santa Claus, well guess what, He asked for it.  ;D

Seriously, the fans here a very passionate about their Eagles, it does border on lunacy. As you've stated, we know the game.
We boo those who deserve it and cheer those who earn it. All we asked for in all our sports teams is a good, no, great work ethic.
We are a blue collar city that wants blue collar players, those not afraid to get dirty.

Come to think of it, you would fit quite nicely in our little corner of fandome. ;D

Written By: La Roche on 10/23/07 at 4:54 pm

Truer words have never been spoken.  >:(

Right now the Eagles are finding ways to lose. In Sunday's game against the Bears, there were two horrendous holding calls
and a misinterpretation of a rule, if called right the Eagles win but that's not why they lost. They lost because of their inability
to score touchdowns. I think the Reid, McNabb era has come to a close. It's time to blow up the team and rebuild.

I still don't think Eli will amount to much, he doesn't seem to have the poise of a superstar quarterback. He is too apt to put
the ball up for grabs and he only seems to look for one receiver, Plaxico Burress.  As much as I hate the guy, Jeremy Shockey
is a force to be reckoned with, but Eli doesn't get him the ball enough, same goes for Toomer. Teams use to fear him, but now
they just double up Burress and don't really worry about anyone else. In any event, it seems the Giants are getting their act
together and maybe they can challenge the Cowboys for the division. I don't have any faith at all in the Redskins, the games
they're winning are done with smoke and mirrors. When push comes to shove, they'll be shoved to the bottom.

I think the Giants pretty much proved what the Redskins are up to.

I think Jeremy Shockey is great, he's an arrogant azzhole and a hell of a football player, you're right, Eli doesn't give it up to Shockey anywhere near as much as he should, but then again, that's obviously not all Eli's doing.

Written By: loki 13 on 10/23/07 at 6:42 pm

I think the Giants pretty much proved what the Redskins are up to.

I think Jeremy Shockey is great, he's an arrogant azzhole and a hell of a football player, you're right, Eli doesn't give it up to Shockey anywhere near as much as he should, but then again, that's obviously not all Eli's doing.

That's why I put Coughlin in as part of the Giants problems, he seems to have an inability to have game time adjustments
and he doesn't instill discipline on his team. I haven't seen it yet this year but the Giants are still apt at beating themselves
by taking stupid personal foul penalties.

The Giants defense seems to be coming around, though I think they are still a little weak in the secondary. they seem to be
susceptible to the tightend or runningback over the middle, then again, with Michael Strahan on one side and Osi Umenyiora
on the other they can afford to be a little weak in the secondary.

Written By: La Roche on 10/23/07 at 7:47 pm

That's why I put Coughlin in as part of the Giants problems, he seems to have an inability to have game time adjustments
and he doesn't instill discipline on his team. I haven't seen it yet this year but the Giants are still apt at beating themselves
by taking stupid personal foul penalties.

The Giants defense seems to be coming around, though I think they are still a little weak in the secondary. they seem to be
susceptible to the tightend or runningback over the middle, then again, with Michael Strahan on one side and Osi Umenyiora
on the other they can afford to be a little weak in the secondary.

Pretty much, like you mention with Strahan and Umenyiora, I think the secondary defense has been neglected in favor of establishing a strong surrounding defense.

Written By: Wolveroses on 11/05/07 at 7:28 pm

Ya know, I use to think that.  But my team is 6-2 now.  So my hopes and teams are higher:)

GO LIONS!

Written By: loki 13 on 11/06/07 at 8:07 am

I watched two games Sunday; Jets/Redskins and Eagles/Cowboys and I noticed similarities between the Jets and Eagles.
They both suck because of decent player's failure to execute. Good teams make plays, neither the Jets or Eagles make
plays. Defensive players are out of position or blow coverage assignments, receiver's failure to hold onto catchable balls,
this was evident in the Jets game in overtime. Catch the ball, they're in fieldgoal range, drop the ball, punt. The receiver
dropped the ball, Jets punted and lost the game.

The Eagles were constantly out of position on defense. All day they allowed Owens open over the middle. When they were
in position, they either couldn't tackle or they just couldn't make a play.Bottom line.....THEY SUCK!!!!!

On a side note; why does Romo always date the supermodels and singing stars? After the services John Madden performed
on him Sunday night he should be more than satisfied.  ;D

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/06/07 at 3:30 pm

I'm hyped about the next Browns game. They play the Steelers, but I doubt they win.

On a lighter note, they won three in a row.

Written By: ADH13 on 11/17/07 at 3:33 pm

As a Cowboy fan, I'm pretty happy with the season so far. :) 

Written By: Jessica on 11/17/07 at 4:19 pm

I bleed Silver and Black. We're currently 2-7. :D That doesn't change a thing for me though. I have been a fan since they were the Los Angeles Raiders.

Edit to add:

I forgot to mention your comment on the fans; Thank You, very seldom do we here anyone has respect. All we here is how
bad we are, The fans who would boo Santa Claus, well guess what, He asked for it.  ;D

Seriously, the fans here a very passionate about their Eagles, it does border on lunacy. As you've stated, we know the game.
We boo those who deserve it and cheer those who earn it. All we asked for in all our sports teams is a good, no, great work ethic.
We are a blue collar city that wants blue collar players, those not afraid to get dirty.

Come to think of it, you would fit quite nicely in our little corner of fandome. ;D

Ha, Raider Nation has a bad reputation as well. Of course, we deserve it. We are a bunch of azzholes. :D

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o283/Nerdprincess1980/raiders.jpg

Written By: danootaandme on 11/17/07 at 5:23 pm

There is something in the water in New England.  The Sox take the Series, the Pats are ...well the Pats, the New England Revolution(Soccer) are on top of the world, The Celtics seem to have bought a winning season, even the Bruins seem to have remembered how to skate.  It is all very confusing  ::)

Written By: sugar168 on 11/17/07 at 10:58 pm

i live in Philly so i have the eagles... they don't know how to perform...however we have the best support... other teams are scared about Philly fans!!!

Written By: loki 13 on 11/18/07 at 1:35 pm

i live in Philly so i have the eagles... they don't know how to perform...however we have the best support... other teams are scared about Philly fans!!!

I have an ally, wonderful because misery loves company.  ;D

This fiasco of a football game I'm watching, Eagles/Dolphins, is the worse performance of professionals I've ever seen.

On another note; If I lived under a rock and this is the first game I watched this season I would swear the Dolphins are
a shoo in for the Super Bowl.These announcers are playing up this winless team like they are world beaters. Call the game
like it is, two bad football teams playing extremely bad football.

Written By: loki 13 on 11/18/07 at 3:01 pm

Miami proves why they are a bad football team, bone headed coaching decisions. Miami was down 17-7 with
just under 7:00 minutes to go in the game. Miami had 4th and goal from the 2 yard line and decided to go for it,
why? This was a bad decision, they were down 10 points, if they go for it and miss, which they did, they are still
2 scores down. Take the field goal, be down by a touchdown and hope your defense holds. Miami lost again 17-7,
and that decision had a lot to do with it.

Written By: statsqueen on 11/18/07 at 3:33 pm

That's true the Browns finally look somewhat respectable this year, the offense is actually very good, if they only had a defense...

They have Braylon Edwards!    ;)

Written By: ADH13 on 11/18/07 at 8:36 pm

Cowboys almost lost to the Redskins today... scared me for a bit there.

If not for Terence Newman just happening to have a Washington ball sail right into his stomach, it probably would have been a loss.  Our center couldn't get the snap right, once actually hiking the ball right into Tony Romo's face mask, a couple others over his head...

I hope they get their act together before they play Green Bay... :-\\

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/18/07 at 10:51 pm

Patriots are evilly efficient.  Poor Bills :(

Written By: danootaandme on 11/19/07 at 6:19 am

They are losing that gentlemanly quality that they had at the beginning.  It wasn't necessary.

Written By: La Roche on 11/19/07 at 9:24 am

Cowboys almost lost to the Redskins today... scared me for a bit there.

If not for Terence Newman just happening to have a Washington ball sail right into his stomach, it probably would have been a loss.  Our center couldn't get the snap right, once actually hiking the ball right into Tony Romo's face mask, a couple others over his head...

I hope they get their act together before they play Green Bay... :-\\

Yeah, that was a shame, the cowboys winning that is.

Poor old Tony Homo, when is he going to stop playing over his head?

Every time T.O does one of his little dances it makes me smile, knowing that's it's only a matter of years before he ends up in jail.  ;D

Written By: La Roche on 11/19/07 at 9:27 am

Well, the Giants came back from losing to the Rump Rangers the other week to beat the Lions.

Scrappy game but my man Michael Strahan came through with three sacks and six tackles.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/19/07 at 11:03 am

Maurice Jones-Drew > Shawne Merriman

Nice block.

Written By: ADH13 on 11/19/07 at 6:51 pm

Yeah, that was a shame, the cowboys winning that is.

Poor old Tony Homo, when is he going to stop playing over his head?

Every time T.O does one of his little dances it makes me smile, knowing that's it's only a matter of years before he ends up in jail.  ;D

Already thinking of who you can have as a cellmate?? :P

Seriously though, I was actually really pissed when they signed T.O. because I thought Keyshawn was doing just fine...and they didn't need the drama T.O. would bring...  but since he's been in Dallas he's calmed down alot as far as all the off-field crap... so I'm sorta beginning to have some respect for the guy...

Written By: sugar168 on 11/19/07 at 11:16 pm

Seriously though, I was actually really pissed when they signed T.O. because I thought Keyshawn was doing just fine...and they didn't need the drama T.O. would bring...  but since he's been in Dallas he's calmed down alot as far as all the off-field crap... so I'm sorta beginning to have some respect for the guy...

we were glad to GIVE you TO...just don't ever send him back!!

Written By: ninny on 11/20/07 at 6:16 am

I've been a bills fan since 1972, suffered through the good times & bad,but  sunday night was BAD, the defense could'nt even stop a cold on that night. I heard that Bill Belichick actually likes the Bills,probably because he has beaten us the last 10 times.

Written By: La Roche on 11/20/07 at 10:02 am

;D

T.O is basically O.J of this decade I think.

Although, taking something from what you said, I still can't stand the prick, but I'll give him credit where credit is due, he's still an azzhole on the field, but he seems to have quit a lot of his off the field antics.

Written By: loki 13 on 11/20/07 at 4:46 pm

This is a first, the Eagles are a 23 point dog to the Patriots on Sunday night. The only other +20 spread in team history
was the scab team of 1987, a 21 point dog to the Cowboys.

Can the Eagles beat the Patriots....Yes, here's why; If McNabb plays, right now he is acting hurt, and he controls the offense
like he is capable of doing he can control the game. Speculation has it this is his last year in Philadelphia and what better forum
to show the rest of the league he is back and can be a major contributor. Tightend L.J. Smith is a free agent after this year. He
hasn't done much so far this year and can use the same reason as above, a breakout game so to speak. The Patriots will key on
Brian Westbrook, leaving Smith to do some major damage. Safety Brian Dawkins has too much pride and is too outspoken to
allow his defense to get stomped on. These factors can add up to a major upset by the Eagles.

Now for the big question:

Will the Eagles win?......Lay the points and go to bed. ;D

Written By: ADH13 on 11/20/07 at 8:05 pm

This is a first, the Eagles are a 23 point dog to the Patriots on Sunday night. The only other +20 spread in team history
was the scab team of 1987, a 21 point dog to the Cowboys.

Can the Eagles beat the Patriots....Yes, here's why; If McNabb plays, right now he is acting hurt, and he controls the offense
like he is capable of doing he can control the game. Speculation has it this is his last year in Philadelphia and what better forum
to show the rest of the league he is back and can be a major contributor. Tightend L.J. Smith is a free agent after this year. He
hasn't done much so far this year and can use the same reason as above, a breakout game so to speak. The Patriots will key on

Brian Westbrook, leaving Smith to do some major damage. Safety Brian Dawkins has too much pride and is too outspoken to
allow his defense to get stomped on. These factors can add up to a major upset by the Eagles.

Now for the big question:

Will the Eagles win?......Lay the points and go to bed. ;D

I think the Eagles are capable of it, but the question is, are they willing to take chances.  What i see from the Eagles is alot of cautious plays, which is good for avoiding interceptions and fumbles, but not necessarily good when playing against an offense like New England.

I think if the McNabb takes chances throwing deep and being more unpredictable, they have a 50/50 chance, depending on whether he's "got it" that night or not... but if he continues to be too cautious I can almost guarantee a loss against New England.  They really need to concentrate on confusing the New England defense to have a chance at winning.

Written By: CeramicsFanatic on 11/21/07 at 3:51 pm

My hubby's team sure does!

The Chicago Bears are something like 4-6... :P

Written By: loki 13 on 11/21/07 at 4:00 pm

I think the Eagles are capable of it, but the question is, are they willing to take chances.  What i see from the Eagles is alot of cautious plays, which is good for avoiding interceptions and fumbles, but not necessarily good when playing against an offense like New England.

I think if the McNabb takes chances throwing deep and being more unpredictable, they have a 50/50 chance, depending on whether he's "got it" that night or not... but if he continues to be too cautious I can almost guarantee a loss against New England.  They really need to concentrate on confusing the New England defense to have a chance at winning.

I agree, they are cautious and way too predictable that's why I think L.J. Smith can have a huge game. Andy Reid's game plan seldom
utilizes the tightend. Dallas, with Jason Whitten, the Giants, with Jeremy Shockey and the Redskins with Chris Cooley all use the tightend
in their game plan. Most defenses, whether it be a 3-4, 4-3, or even a cover 2, are susceptible to the tightend over the middle. If Reid
uses Smith or throws from a two tightend set they have a chance to at least cover the spread. Of course this depends on McNabb, he
has to be on top of his game to make it work but something tells me it's going to be the same old off tackle run or swing pass to
Westbrook the whole game....we'll see.

Written By: ADH13 on 11/21/07 at 9:42 pm

I agree, they are cautious and way too predictable that's why I think L.J. Smith can have a huge game. Andy Reid's game plan seldom
utilizes the tightend. Dallas, with Jason Whitten, the Giants, with Jeremy Shockey and the Redskins with Chris Cooley all use the tightend
in their game plan. Most defenses, whether it be a 3-4, 4-3, or even a cover 2, are susceptible to the tightend over the middle. If Reid
uses Smith or throws from a two tightend set they have a chance to at least cover the spread. Of course this depends on McNabb, he
has to be on top of his game to make it work but something tells me it's going to be the same old off tackle run or swing pass to
Westbrook the whole game....we'll see.

The way the Eagles are playing now is kind of reminding me of Dallas in the end of the Aikman era.  Aikman would almost always hand off to Emmett Smith on 1st & 2nd down, and only pass on third.. I'm thinking because of all his concussions he didn't want to get sacked anymore and it showed.  I think Donovan is somewhat in the same boat with all his injuries although maybe not as obvious as Aikman was.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/21/07 at 10:32 pm

Priest Holmes retired.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/22/07 at 8:30 am

Need I say more about the England Football Team?

Written By: ninny on 11/22/07 at 2:17 pm

Need I say more about the England Football Team?

Would yesterday be considered one of the worst days in English football history?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/23/07 at 2:26 am

Would yesterday be considered one of the worst days in English football history?
Yes!

Written By: Tia on 11/26/07 at 5:30 am

redskins got handed their lunch again. i blew it off, drank a six of miller lite and wrote mellow soft jazz music on my computer.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/26/07 at 5:35 am

After the England Football Team failed to qualify for Euro 2008 by losing to Croatia when all England had to do was to draw (or win). The draw for the qualifying stages for the Football World Cup 2010, England have been drawn in the same group as Croatia.

Written By: La Roche on 11/26/07 at 7:36 am

I blew it off

Gotta be careful admitting that sorta thing bro.

Giants got slapped silly, Eli Manning threw a bunch of interceptions and I got disgusted and took the dogs out.

Written By: ninny on 11/26/07 at 8:48 am

Bills sucked again, they need to start Edwards, instead of LOSERMAN.

Written By: Tia on 11/26/07 at 3:20 pm

http://www.roadkilltshirts.com/images/products/DOLPHINS-SMALL_1.jpg

Written By: La Roche on 11/26/07 at 4:05 pm

Link problems?

Written By: loki 13 on 11/26/07 at 4:18 pm

The Eagles played well but still lost. Everyone seems to be satisfied with the close loss, losing to the mighty Patriots
by only 3 points is a moral victory, I say hogwash, a loss is a loss and the only ones who claim a moral victory are the losers.

The Eagles played well enough to win. This is a game they should have won but what separates good teams from bad teams
is the ability to make plays and the Birds couldn't get it done when they needed to. The whole game boiled down to two
costly turnovers. I liked Andy Reid's game plan and I liked their execution for the most part but until they can make a big
play when it counts, they will be nothing more than mediocre.

The one thing I got out of last night's game is something I've been saying all along; the Patriots aren't as good as the rest
of the league is bad. The rest of the league is so mediocre that it makes a team like the Patriots look so much better than
they really are. The Eagles found a lot of weaknesses in their defense and unless the Patriots do something to correct the
glaring holes other teams will exploit the same weaknesses.

Written By: ADH13 on 11/26/07 at 6:00 pm

The Eagles played well but still lost. Everyone seems to be satisfied with the close loss, losing to the mighty Patriots
by only 3 points is a moral victory, I say hogwash, a loss is a loss and the only ones who claim a moral victory are the losers.

The people who say that probably aren't Philly fans... :)

I know that we (Cowboys) have to play Philly again and last night's game makes me a little more uneasy about that than I was before.  I actually kind of hope that McNabb is playing at that time because our defense knows what to expect from him.  It may not be a "moral victory" but it is impressive in the sense that you got the toughest team out of the way and only lost by three, and the rest of your schedule is going to be easier than last night's game...

While you might not be satisfied with the game, it is an indicator that they still have reasonable playoff hopes.  And in the end, when you make the playoffs, the regular season losses don't matter anymore, everyone who makes it is starting from scratch.

The Eagles can possibly end the season 10-6 and so can the Cowboys - so they could even tie for 1st place, which means there is a decent chance they will make the wildcard.

I think for the big picture it is better to lose by only three to the Patriots than to win by only three against the Dolphins.

Written By: Tia on 11/27/07 at 11:27 am

Link problems?

it's working for me. ???

dolphins lost again. apparently in this really funny way.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/27/07 at 12:11 pm

3-0 Steelers, and the winning FG didn't even come until 17 seconds left...at least the Dolphins tried to do a funky lateral play to attempt a score at the end, the team may suck but you can't say they don't have a heart.

Written By: Tia on 11/27/07 at 12:40 pm

3-0 Steelers, and the winning FG didn't even come until 17 seconds left...at least the Dolphins tried to do a funky lateral play to attempt a score at the end, the team may suck but you can't say they don't have a heart.
as a redskins fan i definitely know about fluke losses. the skins blew away the bucs on stats last sunday but for whatever reason they just couldnt hang on to the ball in the first quarter and never recovered, and don’t get me started on how they’ve blown comfortable leads in the second half! they’ve done it like four times now.

so the dolphins’ seemingly being cursed this year is a story we in washington can kinda relate to. but it doesn’t stop me from laughing at the ole miami fins.

Written By: ninny on 11/27/07 at 1:09 pm

as a redskins fan i definitely know about fluke losses. the skins blew away the bucs on stats last sunday but for whatever reason they just couldnt hang on to the ball in the first quarter and never recovered, and don’t get me started on how they’ve blown comfortable leads in the second half! they’ve done it like four times now.

so the dolphins’ seemingly being cursed this year is a story we in washington can kinda relate to. but it doesn’t stop me from laughing at the ole miami fins.

Your 5-6 Skins are playing my 5-6 Bills sunday any guesses on how that game is going to turn out, the Bills are starting Trent Edwards in place of J.P Losman

Written By: La Roche on 11/27/07 at 1:49 pm

The skins - giants game was funny.

The Redskins played them off the field but couldn't score to save their lives.

Written By: Tia on 11/27/07 at 1:57 pm

Your 5-6 Skins are playing my 5-6 Bills sunday any guesses on how that game is going to turn out, the Bills are starting Trent Edwards in place of J.P Losman
that should be interesting. the skins recently suffered quite a tragedy so the spirit of the game will be unusual.

Written By: ninny on 11/27/07 at 7:36 pm

that should be interesting. the skins recently suffered quite a tragedy so the spirit of the game will be unusual.

That is going to make it hard to control their emotions with such a tragic loss it may make them stronger & more focused,you just never know how people are going to react.

Written By: loki 13 on 12/09/07 at 3:20 pm

I know the Eagles are a bad football team, I don't expect them to win another game this year but watching the
Giants play these last couple weeks all I can say about them is they are:

Frauds

Eli Manning is an average quarterback who makes bad decisions. Coughlin is a horrible coach who allows his team
to show no discipline and Plaxico Burress should be nominated for an Oscar for acting hurt prior to games. The good
thing about knowing your team sucks is they break your heart early in the season. I feel for Giant fans because the
Giants are giving them an illusion of a winning club, a one and done playoff year seems more and more likely for them.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/09/07 at 4:27 pm

Pittsburgh just went for it on 4th-and-1 and are now in FG range against New England.  I love it when teams go for it on fourth down.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/09/07 at 4:33 pm

...of course, they proceeded to score just a FG at the 27-yard line.  What the hell is that all about?  It was 4th and short again, all you had to do was give it to Willie Parker and have him fall over someone and you have another first down.  And if you fail, the Pats have to drive 73 yards for a TD anyway.  WTF.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/09/07 at 5:30 pm

...and see, the Pats went for it on 4th-and-1 at around the same point on the field and now they're about to score :P 

The other thing that I'm mad about is the fact that now the Pats are on the two-yard-line and they won't just rush it in, they're letting Tom Brady do dinky passes.  Come on, if you can't get 2 friggin' yards at the GOAL LINE...

Rice = mad.

Written By: La Roche on 12/09/07 at 5:45 pm

I know the Eagles are a bad football team, I don't expect them to win another game this year but watching the
Giants play these last couple weeks all I can say about them is they are:

Frauds

Eli Manning is an average quarterback who makes bad decisions. Coughlin is a horrible coach who allows his team
to show no discipline and Plaxico Burress should be nominated for an Oscar for acting hurt prior to games. The good
thing about knowing your team sucks is they break your heart early in the season. I feel for Giant fans because the
Giants are giving them an illusion of a winning club, a one and done playoff year seems more and more likely for them.

Oh no, we know they're s**t.. but it's nice to see them win a few.

Written By: loki 13 on 12/09/07 at 7:05 pm

Oh no, we know they're s**t.. but it's nice to see them win a few.

Know what Andy, your right. It always feels better, no matter how bad they play, to put another notch in the win column.

It's not just the Giants, it's the entire league. I don't ever remember seeing such bad football being played. The NFC is a total
joke, Dallas and Green Bay atop the conference isn't saying much, don't get me wrong they're decent teams --- but that's just it
they are decent not spectacular. Their records are not indicative to how good they are --- but how bad everyone else is.

Written By: La Roche on 12/09/07 at 7:11 pm

Know what Andy, your right. It always feels better, no matter how bad they play, to put another notch in the win column.

It's not just the Giants, it's the entire league. I don't ever remember seeing such bad football being played. The NFC is a total
joke, Dallas and Green Bay atop the conference isn't saying much, don't get me wrong they're decent teams --- but that's just it
they are decent not spectacular. Their records are not indicative to how good they are --- but how bad everyone else is.

Packers are actually a quality team.. I hate the Cowboys and wish death upon them.

Written By: loki 13 on 12/16/07 at 6:51 pm

This is why it is so frustrating to be an Eagle fan. They make the good teams look vunerable and the bad teams
look like world beaters. They beat the Cowboys, and they should have beaten the Patriots and the Packers yet
they lose to the Bears, Seahawks and the first game against the Redskins.

Oh well, I going to savor the beatin' of the 'Boys for awhile. It feels good when the Eagles win, it feels better
when they beat the Cowboys!!

Written By: ADH13 on 12/16/07 at 9:10 pm

This is why it is so frustrating to be an Eagle fan. They make the good teams look vunerable and the bad teams
look like world beaters. They beat the Cowboys, and they should have beaten the Patriots and the Packers yet
they lose to the Bears, Seahawks and the first game against the Redskins.

Oh well, I going to savor the beatin' of the 'Boys for awhile. It feels good when the Eagles win, it feels better
when they beat the Cowboys!!

LOL I had a feeling I'd find you in this thread tonight :)

That game would have really pissed me off if not for the fact that they have already clinched the division and it didn't really affect our position that much... but it's ironic... last week our offense played well and our defense fell asleep... this week was the other way around.    I hope the last two Dallas games aren't an indicator of how they plan to play in the playoffs... :-\\

Written By: loki 13 on 12/18/07 at 6:01 pm

LOL I had a feeling I'd find you in this thread tonight :)

That game would have really pissed me off if not for the fact that they have already clinched the division and it didn't really affect our position that much... but it's ironic... last week our offense played well and our defense fell asleep... this week was the other way around.    I hope the last two Dallas games aren't an indicator of how they plan to play in the playoffs... :-\\

Andrea, my bliss was short lived wasn't it,  ;D  with the Vikings win the Eagles have been eliminated.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/29/07 at 10:38 pm

Patriots = 16-0

Written By: Doc Brown on 12/30/07 at 1:41 am

Patriots = 16-0
Move over '72 Dolphins! Who says you can't improve on perfection? A hearty congradulations to Brady & the Boys!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: danootaandme on 12/30/07 at 6:55 am

Couldn't help but get sucked into this one.  I watched the whole game, you have to give it to them, but don't hold back on the Giants, they game them a run for their money.

Written By: Tia on 12/30/07 at 9:37 am

big game today, it's skins vs. cowboys, the cowboys are guaranteed a fiirstplace playoff berth and the redskins, having had a nice winning streak after nearly falling out of contention are now hanging on for dear life to their playoff hopes.

very dramatic season for the skins this year, i'm glad i picked this year to follow my home team. i usually dont care about stuff like this but lately it's been quite dramatastic.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/30/07 at 10:19 am

The Redskins deserve to get in, Minnesota opened the door for them in that tankfest last week :P

Written By: CatwomanofV on 12/30/07 at 4:08 pm

Couldn't help but get sucked into this one.  I watched the whole game, you have to give it to them, but don't hold back on the Giants, they game them a run for their money.

As much as I hate football, I got sucked into it too-especially after there was a bunch of hoopla about not being able to watch it and then the NFL caving in to show it on network tv. Didn't watch the entire game-just the end.

Cat

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/30/07 at 6:51 pm

The Skins are in!  Was Jessica Simpson at the game again?

Written By: Doc Brown on 12/30/07 at 7:59 pm

The Skins are in!  Was Jessica Simpson at the game again?

I DESPISE the Cowboys! If Jessica was there, I hope Romo MARRIES her!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: MrCleveland on 12/30/07 at 10:23 pm

Since my team went 10-6 and didn't make it to the playoffs, then yes we suck.

As a matter of fact, Cleveland Sucks!

We're the ET Game of all cities! >:(  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/01/2up.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/bgbad.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/bigcry.gif http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/bigeyecry.gif

Written By: Max Power on 03/30/08 at 10:06 am

Some of those posts made me laugh. ;D

Written By: Big Nasty on 05/29/08 at 5:42 pm

Last season was a rough one for my beloved Washington Redskins.  The injuries kept mounting and the death of Sean Taylor was staggering. (RIP MEAST).  I think we will be middle of the pack for the 2008-09 season.  We are putting in a new offense and Jason Campbell is still developing.  The unsung hero of course seems to be Captain Chaos..Chris Cooley.  Here is hoping we can get an injury free productive season in Washington.  If nothing else at least let us beat the Dallas CowGirls..I mean Cowboys!

Check for new replies or respond here...