inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Star Suspended for Faking Injury

Written By: Red Ant on 10/11/07 at 9:31 pm

Before I clicked on the following link, I knew this was going to be about soccer:

Goalie Fakes Injury

I occasionally watch pro soccer, and, for those interested, I can tell you why I dislike the sport: faked injuries.

I played soccer in when I was a kid, and certain things do hurt like hell (getting kicked in the shins is not fun), but to see nearly every player fall to the field and fake some heinous injury whenever there is minimal contact really kills the entertainment aspect of the sport, not to mention its credibility.

Ant

Subject: Re: Star Suspended for Faking Injury

Written By: La Roche on 10/11/07 at 10:11 pm

Before I clicked on the following link, I knew this was going to be about soccer:

Goalie Fakes Injury

I occasionally watch pro soccer, and, for those interested, I can tell you why I dislike the sport: faked injuries.

I played soccer in when I was a kid, and certain things do hurt like hell (getting kicked in the shins is not fun), but to see nearly every player fall to the field and fake some heinous injury whenever there is minimal contact really kills the entertainment aspect of the sport, not to mention its credibility.

Ant

Unfortunately thanks to the Italian influence on the game, the whole throwing yourself to the floor deal has really hurt the game. Thankfully most of the Northern European players don't seem to do it, more the Mediterraneans.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/14/07 at 3:09 pm

Unfortunately thanks to the Italian influence on the game, the whole throwing yourself to the floor deal has really hurt the game. Thankfully most of the Northern European players don't seem to do it, more the Mediterraneans.

That tends to be the province of basketball players here.

Written By: La Roche on 10/14/07 at 3:15 pm

That tends to be the province of basketball players here.

Right, a main reason why I won't watch the NBA.

Check for new replies or respond here...