inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: We love you Cleveland!

Written By: gmann on 10/21/07 at 11:07 pm

Well, what can I say...it's another heartbreak for C-town. What else is new? The Indians simply couldn't get it done against Boston. Good luck to the Red Sox in the World Series. Here's a toast to a fine season and the hope that we finally nab the title "next year".  :(

Subject: Re: We love you Cleveland!

Written By: Brian06 on 10/21/07 at 11:08 pm

It's depressing being a Cleveland sports fan, they're always close and they ALWAYS blow it.

Written By: gmann on 10/21/07 at 11:15 pm

It's depressing being a Cleveland sports fan, they're always close and they ALWAYS blow it.

Someone once said it even better: "Cleveland sports fans are 90% scar tissue." Given how many times these guys have put my hopes up so high -- only to see them shot down-- I'm surprised I haven't had a stroke yet.

I'd feel a little better about the whole thing if the sportwriters would get all romantic about our curse the way they used to do about the Red Sox and Cubs. We can't even get respect as lovable losers.  :P

Written By: nally on 10/22/07 at 12:21 am

I'd feel a little better about the whole thing if the sportwriters would get all romantic about our curse the way they used to do about the Red Sox and Cubs. We can't even get respect as lovable losers.  :P

Well, only the Cubbies have a longer "curse" than the Indians now. Redsox broke theirs 3 years ago.

Written By: Brian06 on 10/22/07 at 4:59 am

At least we got the Brownies! oh wait...  ;D

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/22/07 at 12:18 pm

As I said in another thread, the only thing that the Indians have to be ashamed of is the fact that they are from Cleveland.  ;) :D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: gmann on 10/22/07 at 10:48 pm

As I said in another thread, the only thing that the Indians have to be ashamed of is the fact that they are from Cleveland.   ;) :D ;D ;D

No offense taken, Cat.  :) That reminds me of a joke people used to tell when I lived in New Jersey: "You just won the grand prize...a weeklong stay in Philadelphia. Second prize is *two* weeks in Philly".  ::)

Not that Jersey doesn't have its share of jokes, but I lived in the state's rural, southern section. It seems to avoid most of the Jersey wisecracks.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/24/07 at 1:14 pm

No offense taken, Cat.  :) That reminds me of a joke people used to tell when I lived in New Jersey: "You just won the grand prize...a weeklong stay in Philadelphia. Second prize is *two* weeks in Philly".  ::)

Not that Jersey doesn't have its share of jokes, but I lived in the state's rural, southern section. It seems to avoid most of the Jersey wisecracks.

My husband is from New "Joisey" and yeah, I crack a lot of "Joisey" jokes with him.  ;D ;D ;D (And my ex  :P was from the Cleveland area  :P )

BTW, I did hear that Akron is the only place that people from Cleveland can make fun of.  :D ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/24/07 at 9:54 pm

Well, what can I say...it's another heartbreak for C-town. What else is new? The Indians simply couldn't get it done against Boston. Good luck to the Red Sox in the World Series. Here's a toast to a fine season and the hope that we finally nab the title "next year".  :(

For Cleveland...There's never next year. Cleveland Sucks!

That's why when I say say something that may never happen such as winning the lottery, I end it by saying "when Cleveland wins a Championship".

Written By: TigerMystic on 11/23/07 at 7:18 pm

But ya know what?  LeBron is smokin' right now--playing better than ever (even if the Cavs as a whole aren't doing so well).  And Joshua Cribbs is so incredibly versatile and talented that I actually bought a #16 jersey to celebrate the fact (the first Browns jersey I've worn since the Brian Sipe days).  :)

All we Cleve-burgers can do is keep hoping...

Written By: TigerMystic on 12/02/07 at 6:04 pm

We love you, Browns...but the penalties have got to go.  >:(

Holy cow.

:\'(

Written By: Class of 84 on 12/10/07 at 9:48 pm

oh, how the times have changed since October. The Brownies are 8-5! At least they can't have a losing season. Anderson has still got to make way for Quinn.

Written By: MrCleveland on 12/16/07 at 3:51 pm

Browns are now playoff-bound. Just a few more wins, and were in!

Written By: MrCleveland on 12/30/07 at 10:24 pm

Every year is next year.

fudge Cleveland, I wanna live somewhere else!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/30/07 at 10:52 pm

My goodness you're a sore loser. 

The Indians played well.

The Cavs played well.

The Browns played a heck of a lot better than they did last year.

Methinks you doth complain too much.

Written By: statsqueen on 01/01/08 at 8:00 pm

At least 1 Browns player is going to the Pro Bowl!  Braylon Edwards (a former Michigan standout) is going to Hawaii!!!!!!  :)

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/01/08 at 9:08 pm

My goodness you're a sore loser. 

The Indians played well.

The Cavs played well.

The Browns played a heck of a lot better than they did last year.

Methinks you doth complain too much.

Living in Cleveland for your whole life seems like a drag to me....Especially since I don't drive and can't get anyehere.  :(

I feel like George Bailey, stuck in a city that I will probably be in forever. I don't know why God put me in this city.  :(  :(

Written By: Brian06 on 01/02/08 at 2:14 am

I had the Browns down for maybe 5 wins before the season, they completely exceeded just about everybody's expections, it is disappointing to not make it in though they wouldn't make it anywhere anyway since they are not good enough yet but the franchise at least looks like it's headed in a better direction than it was a couple years ago.

Written By: tv on 01/02/08 at 9:11 am

I had the Browns down for maybe 5 wins before the season, they completely exceeded just about everybody's expections, it is disappointing to not make it in though they wouldn't make it anywhere anyway since they are not good enough yet but the franchise at least looks like it's headed in a better direction than it was a couple years ago.
The Browns should go to the playoffs next year I mean if they don;t Romeo Cronell's head coaching job maybe in Jeopardy for 2009. Who thought a Quarterback like Derek Anderson would have the season he did this year. I mean everybody was saying how Brett Favre, Tony Romo, Tom Brady and even David Gerard had good years at QB but what about Derek Anderson? 

Check for new replies or respond here...