inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: THE RED SOX WIN THE PENNANT! THE RED SOX WIN THE PENNANT!

Written By: Doc Brown on 10/22/07 at 12:08 am

In an outstanding display of under-pressure comeback playing, The Boston Red Sox handily took Game 7 with an 11-2 score over the Cleveland Indians, who just last Wednesday had the American League Championship nearly clinched at 3 games to 1.

MVP of the series went to starting pitcher Josh Beckett, who held back the Indian's formidable batting force in Games 1 and 5. The last two games were highlighted by one and two-run homers, surprisingly not from Big Papa David Ortiz or Manny Ramirez, but lead-off batters Dustin Pedroia, Kevin Youkilis and clutch hitter J.D. Drew.

This Wednesday, The Red Sox look to recapture the glory of their 2004 World Championship as Fenway Park hosts World Series freshmen the Colorado Rockies. Good luck to both teams, but I can only end this by saying, LET'S GO, RED SOX! ;D

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Subject: Re: THE RED SOX WIN THE PENNANT! THE RED SOX WIN THE PENNANT!

Written By: ninny on 10/22/07 at 12:11 pm

I like both teams, but you would have to say the momentum has changed toward the soxes, with the Rockies having such a long layoff.

Written By: nally on 10/22/07 at 12:13 pm

Well...the way the Rockies have been playing, I will not be surprised if they can squeeze out a win or two.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/22/07 at 12:17 pm

I do have to say that the only thing the Indians has to be ashamed of is the fact that they are from Cleveland-but that is an entirely different story.

GO SOX!!!!

Cat

Written By: ninny on 10/22/07 at 12:19 pm

Well...the way the Rockies have been playing, I will not be surprised if they can squeeze out a win or two.
Oh I am sure it will be a good series,some sportscasters are saying if it snows in Colorado it will help the Rockies I really don't think it will matter, after all neither team is use to playing in late october, early november.

Written By: nally on 10/22/07 at 12:21 pm

Oh I am sure it will be a good series,some sportscasters are saying if it snows in Colorado it will help the Rockies I really don't think it will matter, after all neither team is used to playing in late october, early november.

Yes, the way the schedule is set up this year, the only way the series can run into November is if a deciding Game Seven is forced.

I'm sure the Rockies are keeping up in shape, so that they'll be able to play well the day after tomorrow.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/22/07 at 1:24 pm

Just because the calender says November doesn't mean that it is instantly winter. I'm not too sure what the weather in like in Denver, which I know is up the mountains but here in New England we have been enjoying a wonderful Indian summer-temps in the 60s. If game 6 & 7 are to be played, it will be in Boston. 

Cat

Written By: Doc Brown on 10/22/07 at 1:28 pm

I do have to say that the only thing the Indians has to be ashamed of is the fact that they are from Cleveland-but that is an entirely different story.
GO SOX!!!!
Cat
HEY, CLEVELAND ROCKS!

I mean, Yeah, I'd be ashamed if my baseball team came from the same city as the BROWNS, But I'll grant the Indians that they put up a dang good fight. Except for Kenny Lofton, his little scene with Josh Beckett didn't make the team look bad, only himself.

Anyway, I don't see 4 inches of snow in Colorado's field helping either team, maybe they should play the whole series at Fenway. And Cat? I'm really glad to see I'm not the only Boston fan on the board. LET'S GO, RED SOX!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 10/22/07 at 1:33 pm

Was that a scene?  I thought Beckett and Lofton were just joking with each other...Lofton wanted to disrupt the pitcher's timing before getting into the box as I recall.

I thought Youkilis should have gotten the MVP but Beckett was a good choice.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/22/07 at 1:48 pm

HEY, CLEVELAND ROCKS!

I mean, Yeah, I'd be ashamed if my baseball team came from the same city as the BROWNS, But I'll grant the Indians that they put up a dang good fight. Except for Kenny Lofton, his little scene with Josh Beckett didn't make the team look bad, only himself.

Anyway, I don't see 4 inches of snow in Colorado's field helping either team, maybe they should play the whole series at Fenway. And Cat? I'm really glad to see I'm not the only Boston fan on the board. LET'S GO, RED SOX!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

The main reason for my deep hatred of Cleveland stems from the fact that my ex was from that area-and yes, my hatred is purely personal.

New England is pretty much "Red Sox Nation". Actually, I never really was a Sox fan until a few years ago. I am more of a Mets fan but a few years back, we got Dish Network which included NESN-home channel of the Sox-so we ended up watching almost every game of theirs and becoming a fan. I still love my Mets (even though they pissed me off by they way they totally blew it)-so my "other" team made it to the BIG ONE!!!  ;D ;D ;D

BTW, Karen is also rooting for the Sox.

Cat

Written By: La Roche on 10/23/07 at 7:50 pm

HEY, CLEVELAND ROCKS!

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

I don't see how that was Lofton making himself look back, I saw Beckett mouth off and Lofton respond, not surprising.

Manny pissed me off again, what's embarrassing is the fact that in the field he is SO awful and yet whenever he manages to actually catch something he plays it up like he just single handedly won the series.

Has Manny had any children yet? I think some sterilization needs to take place, I'd hate to see the Offspring of the Predator's understudy.

Written By: Brian06 on 10/23/07 at 8:00 pm

Yeah Lofton didn't do a thing wrong, lot of players drop their bats on the 3-0 pitch like that and Beckett had to open his mouth and rub it in when he got Kenny out, Kenny had a right to be irritated. But really it was nothing just a little bickering that happens a lot. What about Manny's showboating after a solo homerun when they're still down by 4 runs in game 4?

GO ROCKIES!  :P

Written By: La Roche on 10/23/07 at 8:29 pm

Yeah Lofton didn't do a thing wrong, lot of players drop their bats on the 3-0 pitch like that and Beckett had to open his mouth and rub it in when he got Kenny out, Kenny had a right to be irritated. But really it was nothing just a little bickering that happens a lot. What about Manny's showboating after a solo homerun when they're still down by 4 runs in game 4?

GO ROCKIES!  :P

Right, or his bulls**t out in left whenever he made an out.

Written By: Jessica on 10/23/07 at 9:22 pm

Just because the calender says November doesn't mean that it is instantly winter. I'm not too sure what the weather in like in Denver, which I know is up the mountains but here in New England we have been enjoying a wonderful Indian summer-temps in the 60s. If game 6 & 7 are to be played, it will be in Boston. 

Cat

They got 4 inches of snow the other day. Doesn't mean anything though. Colorado has some wacky weather. When we went through there, massive thunderstorms. Next day, clear as a bell. Our hosts said that that is the norm.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/24/07 at 6:57 am

Has Manny had any children yet? I think some sterilization needs to take place, I'd hate to see the Offspring of the Predator's understudy.

Two boys, Manny jr and Manuelito(little Manny)    ::) 

Written By: La Roche on 10/24/07 at 7:44 am

.. you're kidding.

Egotistical prick!

Written By: Brian06 on 10/24/07 at 7:53 am

omg! lol  ;D

Written By: karen on 10/24/07 at 8:06 am

They're names the hard of thinking chose I reckon

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/24/07 at 1:19 pm

.. you're kidding.

Egotistical prick!

What is it with some athletes who name ALL their kids after themselves-George Foreman anyone? I guess it comes from getting hit on the side of the head too many times that they can't think of any other names but their own.

Cat

Written By: La Roche on 10/24/07 at 1:50 pm

What is it with some athletes who name ALL their kids after themselves-George Foreman anyone? I guess it comes from getting hit on the side of the head too many times that they can't think of any other names but their own.

Cat

Right!

Even Rocky at least gave his son a proper name!

Written By: danootaandme on 10/24/07 at 4:14 pm

Right!

Even Rocky at least gave his son a proper name!

::)

ummmm, he is  fictional, you knew that right?

Written By: La Roche on 10/24/07 at 4:51 pm

::)

ummmm, he is  fictional, you knew that right?

... pssshh, whatever. You know how many people have tried to pull that one on me?!

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/25/07 at 8:41 am

In an outstanding display of under-pressure comeback playing, The Boston Red Sox handily took Game 7 with an 11-2 score over the Cleveland Indians, who just last Wednesday had the American League Championship nearly clinched at 3 games to 1.

MVP of the series went to starting pitcher Josh Beckett, who held back the Indian's formidable batting force in Games 1 and 5. The last two games were highlighted by one and two-run homers, surprisingly not from Big Papa David Ortiz or Manny Ramirez, but lead-off batters Dustin Pedroia, Kevin Youkilis and clutch hitter J.D. Drew.

This Wednesday, The Red Sox look to recapture the glory of their 2004 World Championship as Fenway Park hosts World Series freshmen the Colorado Rockies. Good luck to both teams, but I can only end this by saying, LET'S GO, RED SOX! ;D

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Now I shall quote Cleveland's new motto-Next year is every year or There's never next year. :\'(

Check for new replies or respond here...