inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Pats blowout game yesterday - Redskins players complain about lack of respect

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/29/07 at 8:29 pm

If you're down 35 points to zip after the first half, why should anyone show them respect?

I think he meant "mercy" as if they're playing by Pop Warner league rules.

If they wanted respect, maybe they should have tried putting points on the board after the starting players were pulled.

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/10/28/randall-godfrey-to-bill-belichick-you-gotta-show-some-class-s/?ncid=NWS00010000000001

This is the pros you show some respect, show some class.

If he thinks he's a pro, maybe he should try talking like one and playing like one.

You think if they showed mercy every game when they were out ahead and stopped trying to score, when it came time to pick pro-bowl players they'd factor that into the player stats for most passes completed, etc.?  Doubtful. 

Subject: Re: Pats blowout game yesterday - Redskins players complain about lack of respect

Written By: Red Ant on 10/29/07 at 8:55 pm

I think the Pats took it easy on them. They had the last possession and took a knee at the Washington 35 with twenty some seconds left in the game. They should have tried for a field goal to make it 55-7.

Ant

Subject: Re: Pats blowout game yesterday - Redskins players complain about lack of respect

Written By: Rice_Cube on 10/29/07 at 9:49 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Ajvz2FrkwusvNaY1Ku0UeA5DubYF?slug=jc-patriots102807&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Good article.

I thought it was kind of wacky that they ran up the score, but then again, Washington didn't do much to help themselves...and there was plenty of time left to make things interesting, so why not make certain of the victory?

This may end up hurting the Patriots in the long run...or it might not matter.  We shall see.

Check for new replies or respond here...