inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Ricky Rudd's Last NASCAR Race

Written By: Red Ant on 11/18/07 at 2:10 pm

Okay, so there are few NASCAR fans here, and probably even fewer Ricky Rudd fans, but the Iron Man will start his last NASCAR race at Homestead, FL in just a bit. I do hope he has a good finish in his last race.

Ricky has been racing in NASCAR for 31 years, has won 23 races (16 in consecutive seasons, which is a tie record) and started 788 consecutive races, giving him the name "Iron Man".

Today will be his 906th NASCAR race, a number only surpassed by Richard Petty.

Good luck, Ricky. Racing won't be quite the same without you.

Ant

Subject: Re: Ricky Rudd's Last NASCAR Race

Written By: loki 13 on 11/18/07 at 2:50 pm

Ricky Rudd is one of the last gentleman racers, he will be missed.

Subject: Re: Ricky Rudd's Last NASCAR Race

Written By: tv on 11/22/07 at 2:21 pm

Ricky Rudd-Never won a cup championship but did finish 2nd in the final standings in 1991 to the late Dale Earnhardt Sr. Also won the Brickyard 400 in 1997 at Indianapolis. I think he finished 3rd in the final point standings in 2001 to Jeff Gordon and Jeff Burton that year when he was driving the Texaco/Havoline Ford for Robert Yates Racing. I remember Ricky in his infamous #10 Tide Ford however in the 90's. He also drove the #5 Tide Chevy for Rick Hendrick before he went onto owning his team with the #10 Tide Ford starting with the 1994 season.

Check for new replies or respond here...