inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hatton v mayweather

Written By: tomario on 12/03/07 at 12:19 pm

who is going to win.  ???
And is it true that the majority of Americans are supporting Ricky Hatton?

Subject: Re: Hatton v mayweather

Written By: La Roche on 12/09/07 at 5:46 pm

who is going to win.  ???
And is it true that the majority of Americans are supporting Ricky Hatton?

Well, Mayweather won, but yeah, everyone prefers Hatton. He's a top bloke and everyone is a fan, well, for the most part. Mayweather is your typical sort, up his own ass, thinking he's so great, Hatton just gets in there and gives it some.

Written By: loki 13 on 12/09/07 at 7:10 pm

When HBO shows the replay of the fight I'll watch it. I really didn't care who won because I haven't been up on
boxing in years. I'll watch, because of the hype, to see if it lives up to expectations. I only know the outcome, I
don't know any of the details.

Written By: loki 13 on 12/20/07 at 9:02 pm

I saw the last two rounds of this fight. It seems like Hatton didn't have the stamina to keep up with Mayweather.
Hatton had to win this fight early, going into later rounds ruined his chances to win.

Like I said in my last post, I've gotten away from boxing. I grew up watching Ali, Frazier, Foreman, Holmes and
such. Todays fighters just don't match up, but what really turned me off of boxing was the controversies.

1987...Sugar Ray Leonard stealing a win from Marvelous Marvin Hagler

1988...Roy Jones Jr. losing gold in the Olympics. This outcome was just a travesty, Park Si-Hun was pummeled
          throughout the fight yet still won the gold.

1990..Meldrick Taylor losing to Julio Chavez with 2 seconds left in the fight. Referee, Ricard Steele, must have had a
        few bucks on Chavez to stop a fight with 2 seconds left.

Check for new replies or respond here...