inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The NFC won the Pro Bowl

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/10/08 at 7:29 pm

...and the Apocalypse has begun!

Now if only the NL in MLB would follow suit :P

Subject: Re: The NFC won the Pro Bowl

Written By: Red Ant on 02/10/08 at 8:35 pm

I didn't even realize the Pro Bowl was today. Was it a good game?

Ant

Written By: loki 13 on 02/10/08 at 9:03 pm

I watched some of the game, I don't know why. This game is ridiculous and a complete
waste of time. Why change the rules, no blitzing, corner backs can't press receivers, can't
rush the punter or field goal kicker, it's an absolute joke.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/10/08 at 9:32 pm

I guess they didn't want people to get hurt :P

Although some of the trick plays were pretty cool, like Hester's lateral to Witten.

Written By: Red Ant on 02/11/08 at 9:54 pm

I watched some of the game, I don't know why. This game is ridiculous and a complete
waste of time. Why change the rules, no blitzing, corner backs can't press receivers, can't
rush the punter or field goal kicker, it's an absolute joke.

That does sound pretty ridiculous to me.

Kinda off topic but still about football: I've been thinking about what would happen if a 4 point FG rule were enstated. Say, any kick from 40+ or 45+ yards is worth one more point. It's not possible to keep up now kicking 2 FGs for every touchdown the other team makes. I think a 4 point FG wouldn't unbalance the game, give more options (some good, some bad) and would bring a lot of new strategies to the game.

Ant

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/11/08 at 10:06 pm

I think FGs should still be worth 3 points, but I think they should be disallowed in the fourth quarter and overtimes.  Really cheap way to win, especially with sudden death rules :P

Check for new replies or respond here...