inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Chris Paul(New Orleans Hornets Point Guard)

Written By: tv on 04/09/08 at 8:49 pm

Why do you NBA fans think about this guy? He's seems like a nice guy and isn't full of himself like some of the other guys in the NBA. He seems like a throwback player to me like in that he has a David Robinson type of personality but he reminds of John Stockon and that he's a fearless type of player on the court.

Subject: Re: Chris Paul(New Orleans Hornets Point Guard)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 04/09/08 at 8:52 pm

He's the reason the Hornets are so good.  Solid fundamental player.

Written By: Tam on 04/10/08 at 11:18 pm

And he is a bowler!!! ;) 8)

Written By: Max Power on 04/11/08 at 8:23 am

Potential MVP who didn't receive much attention at the beginning of the season until...

Written By: nupur on 05/14/08 at 3:17 pm

he reminds me of Carlton from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air because of how his jersey is tucked into his shorts.

but, seriously, i think he is a great point guard. he makes plays, he can finish when he drives to the basket, and he can shoot. and from what commentators say about him, he seems like a nice person off the court. i might actually not have minded if the celtics traded paul pierce for chris paul when he was drafted.  :o i can't believe i just said that.

Written By: tv on 05/17/08 at 2:11 pm

he reminds me of Carlton from the Fresh Prince of Bel Air because of how his jersey is tucked into his shorts.

but, seriously, i think he is a great point guard. he makes plays, he can finish when he drives to the basket, and he can shoot. and from what commentators say about him, he seems like a nice person off the court. i might actually not have minded if the celtics traded paul pierce for chris paul when he was drafted.  :o i can't believe i just said that.
I remember when Chris Paul was playing college ball at "Wake Forest" I never thought he would be a great NBA player. I remember when he left Wake Forest after 2 years of school I was like big mistake but what do I know now?

Spurs guard Tony Parker is having a hard time with guarding Paul in this series I mean after every foul that Chris Paul draws on him Parker is going at the refs on every call. Usually Tony Parker is pretty quiet with the refs.

Written By: haleym8826 on 05/26/08 at 1:44 am

Chris Paul played like a man/beast this Post Season. Unfortunately his team did not follow his lead.  The announcers said it best he is a throwback player...He has Isiah Thomas size and Magic Johnson court judgement.  I am a huge Magic Johnson fan and am willing to give Paul this type of Kudos!

Written By: Big Nasty on 05/29/08 at 5:36 pm

That was well put Son Of Tam.  I feel that if CP is not added to the US team it will be a great injustice.  This kid has shown that he is a big time player and will be for years to come.

Check for new replies or respond here...