inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2008 Champions League final- Manchester United vs Chelsea

Written By: Satish on 05/16/08 at 1:26 pm

They're the two clubs who've ruled England for the past four seasons, they fought right down to the wire to decide this year's Premiership title, and now, Manchester United and Chelsea are going to meet one more time in the Champion's League final on May 21 to determine the ultimate mastery of European football:

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/index.html

Considering the stellar records of both clubs over the past few years and the heated rivalry that's built up between them over that time, this should be quite a confrontation. In addition to being an all English final, this also marks the fourth straight year that at least one club from England will be in the Champion's League final, so it's probably something for supporters of English football to thump their chests about.

Subject: Re: 2008 Champions League final- Manchester United vs Chelsea

Written By: Paul on 05/16/08 at 4:13 pm

Just as long as the 'supporters' don't make a mess of Moscow like the Scots left Manchester last night... ::)

(Mind you, I'm sure the Russki police won't stand for that sort of thing!)

I'm not really bothered who wins, as I don't care for either club (and I'd probably end up with a coughing fit if I thumped my chest too much)...but I suppose I'll lean towards the Red Devils what with it being 50 years since Munich...

Check for new replies or respond here...