inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Best Basketball Player in the NBA TODAY

Written By: Big Nasty on 05/30/08 at 5:51 pm

I love all sports but mostly I love Basketball and I want to hear from the masses who they think is the best player now.  I mean all around, offense, to included rebounding, assist, as well as scoring; defense, an all around effort.  Please feel free to justify your point of view.  I only ask that you do not hold the NBA's over commercializing a player against them.  This poll is all about talent.

Subject: Re: The Best Basketball Player in the NBA TODAY

Written By: Big Nasty on 05/30/08 at 5:57 pm

I must be honest I thought LeBron was over rated coming into the league.  I thought there was no way he could really be that damn good, that damn young.

I say he is the best right now simply because of his all around performance.  He averages more than 25 points a game and better then 7 rebounds and 6 assist a night.  These stats are not official just a rough estimate of what I know to be true.  His averages offensively have put him in the limited company of greats like Magic Johnson, Larry Bird, and the Great Oscar Robertson, as the only players to post these type of numbers.  He is also an excellent help defender and blocks shots and makes stops on defense.  His biggest flaw in my opinion is his unwillingness or inability to take or hit the big shot with it all on the line.  This is an area he has shown improvement in and likely will continue to do so.

As a runner up I have of course Kobe Bryant followed by Chris Paul.

Subject: Re: The Best Basketball Player in the NBA TODAY

Written By: tv on 06/01/08 at 12:10 pm

I'm gonna say Lebron or Kobe.

Check for new replies or respond here...