inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Brett Favre will he comeback to play another season of football?

Written By: tv on 07/03/08 at 12:26 pm

The are rumors that Brett Favre will come back to play another season of football, if not for the Green Bay Packers some other team. So do you think Brett will come back and if he does will it be for the Packers? To me the Jets and The Vikings need a quarterback but I doubt the Packers would trade Favre to the Vikings because Green Bay and Minnesota are in the same division.

Subject: Re: Brett Favre will he comeback to play another season of football?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 07/03/08 at 1:20 pm

I think he'd go back to the Packers if anything, but I hope he stays retired for his sake and the team's...Aaron Rodgers deserves a shot.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/03/08 at 2:22 pm

The are rumors that Brett Favre will come back to play another season of football, if not for the Green Bay Packers some other team. So do you think Brett will come back and if he does will it be for the Packers? To me the Jets and The Vikings need a quarterback but I doubt the Packers would trade Favre to the Vikings because Green Bay and Minnesota are in the same division.

He could always get traded to Atlanta and finish his career where it started. ;)

In all seriousness, he will probably stay in Green Bay if he decides to play this year. What GM would trade away a first ballot hall-of-famer and risk the chance of the team you traded him to having a great year with Favre and making the playoffs while the Packers and your unproven quarterback goes 8-8 and misses the playoffs?

You really have to feel bad for Aaron Rodgers though. :-\\

Written By: tv on 07/03/08 at 2:37 pm

He could always get traded to Atlanta and finish his career where it started. ;)

In all seriousness, he will probably stay in Green Bay if he decides to play this year. What GM would trade away a first ballot hall-of-famer and risk the chance of the team you traded him to having a great year with Favre and making the playoffs while the Packers and your unproven quarterback goes 8-8 and misses the playoffs?

You really have to feel bad for Aaron Rodgers though. :-\\
I actually thought about Atlanta but than I realized Atlanta had already overpayed(greatly) Matt Ryan to be their quarterback of their future. I thnk Chris Redman is their backup(Laugh.)

Getting back to seriousness anyway with the Favre issue I mean if he went to the Vikings they would be right there with the Giants and the Cowboys as a pre-season favorite to go to the Super Bowl out of the NFC. I mean they are some former Packers on that Vikings team like Ryan Longwell, Robert Ferguson, and Darren Sharper and plus Brett would have Adrian Peterson at his side at Running Back. The Vkings also have have a great run Defense although their pass defense is awful even with Sharper and Antoine Winfield in the secondary.

I doubt with the Jets that even with Favre that would get past the likes of the Chargers, Patriots, and the Colts even with the free agent signings of Calvin Pace, Kris Jenkins, Alan Faneca, and Damien Woody.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 07/03/08 at 5:30 pm

I actually thought about Atlanta but than I realized Atlanta had already overpayed(greatly) Matt Ryan to be their quarterback of their future. I thnk Chris Redman is their backup(Laugh.)

Getting back to seriousness anyway with the Favre issue I mean if he went to the Vikings they would be right there with the Giants and the Cowboys as a pre-season favorite to go to the Super Bowl out of the NFC. I mean they are some former Packers on that Vikings team like Ryan Longwell, Robert Ferguson, and Darren Sharper and plus Brett would have Adrian Peterson at his side at Running Back. The Vkings also have have a great run Defense although their pass defense is awful even with Sharper and Antoine Winfield in the secondary.

I doubt with the Jets that even with Favre that would get past the likes of the Chargers, Patriots, and the Colts even with the free agent signings of Calvin Pace, Kris Jenkins, Alan Faneca, and Damien Woody.

Yes, I think that with Favre, Minnesota would be a bona fide contender in the weak NFC. Just look at there division the NFC North. With the shaky Lions, the likely to be very horrible Bears, and the Packers with an unproven quarterback, they could easily win 10 or more games. Plus, the NFC is a very top heavy conference and there are no clear favorites outside of Dallas and the Giants so there's plenty of room for a solid Viking team to move up there with them.

I can't see the Jets making it far with Farve either. He could possibly get them into the playoffs (other than New England the AFC East doesn't look that tough), but it would be hard to see them getting past all of the top tear teams in the AFC playoffs.

Written By: La Roche on 07/15/08 at 11:19 pm

Annoying thing is, the two teams that need him most - Vikings, Bears, won't get him!

Written By: tv on 07/16/08 at 4:21 pm

Annoying thing is, the two teams that need him most - Vikings, Bears, won't get him!
The Bears are not a Super Bowl team even with Favre the Vikings will/would be a Super Bowl team with Favre. Who are the Bears wide recievers anyway I mean they lost Benard Berryman to the Vikings in the off-season.

Written By: tv on 07/17/08 at 8:40 am

The Packers allege tampering charges against the Vikings for the Vikings offsensive cooridinator talking with Favre. The Pacxkers say when Brett said he wanted to be cut was because he wanted to play for the Vikings.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 07/17/08 at 7:38 pm

First off, I'm totally irritated with Favre for even contemplating coming back.  He could have gone out gracefully, but now he just looks like an idiot.

As far as him going to the Bears or the Vikings, I can't fathom either fans welcoming him with open arms. 

And I agree with everyone about Aaron Rodgers.  It's totally unfair to him.

I'm a huge Packers fan...and I've always been a big Favre fan...but right now I could just kick his @ss.

Written By: La Roche on 07/21/08 at 1:18 pm

The Bears are not a Super Bowl team even with Favre the Vikings will/would be a Super Bowl team with Favre. Who are the Bears wide recievers anyway I mean they lost Benard Berryman to the Vikings in the off-season.

Good point.

The Packers allege tampering charges against the Vikings for the Vikings offsensive cooridinator talking with Favre. The Pacxkers say when Brett said he wanted to be cut was because he wanted to play for the Vikings.

I think both sides are to blame on this. I fully understand the Packers not wanting him to go to a division rival, that's all well and good, but the fact that they're basically telling their whole franchise to suck one is a slap in the face.

Written By: midnite on 07/30/08 at 9:06 pm

I haven't followed the Brett Favre situation closely, but I assume that he would want to sign with a contending team.  There is speculation here on the east coast about the NY Jets, but I cannot see that happening.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 08/03/08 at 9:32 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3517219

Brett Farve has been reinstated by the NFL, and will be at Packers training camp tomorrow.

There's still a small chance he could be traded, but my prediction is he will be playing for the Packers opening night against the Vikings.

Written By: midnite on 08/05/08 at 9:34 pm

This morning, on Bloomberg Radio, they had a snippet of and interview with Steve Young explaining the difficulties of retirement.  He said it is difficult for someone like Favre to retire.  He compared it to a world renowned doctor. lawyer, or actor throwing in the towel. 

Written By: La Roche on 08/07/08 at 12:27 am

Brett's a Jet.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 08/07/08 at 12:40 am

There's still a small chance he could be traded, but my prediction is he will be playing for the Packers opening night against the Vikings.

Well, I guess I was wrong. ;D

The Jets are actually a pretty solid team, and could be in the running for a wild card spot, but its hard to see them getting past the Patriots, Colts, Chargers, or Jaguars in the AFC playoffs even with Favre.

Written By: A Perfect Stranger on 08/07/08 at 2:53 pm

Saw in the paper today that he's either going to Tampa Bay to play for the Bucs or to New York to play for the Jets.  Perferably I'd like to see him go to Tampa Bay, for I am a fan of the Jets.

Written By: Tia on 08/07/08 at 3:25 pm

i think i saw he just got traded to the jets.

Written By: La Roche on 08/07/08 at 4:23 pm

Brett's a Jet.

.. yeah.. not exactly breaking news folks.

Ya'll need to get with Sportscenter.

Written By: Tia on 08/07/08 at 5:27 pm

not as many people know that one of the jets' new starting WRs is osama bin laden. and that they're taking the montauk sea creature as their new mascot. 

Written By: La Roche on 08/07/08 at 10:34 pm

not as many people know that one of the jets' new starting WRs is osama bin laden. and that they're taking the montauk sea creature as their new mascot.   

Isn't Morlach Devourer of Children their new Offensive Co-ordinator?

I CAN'T WAIT FOR FOOTBALL SEASON... I'm going to go and hide until the first game.

Check for new replies or respond here...