inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: skins vs gints

Written By: Tia on 09/04/08 at 7:30 pm

we're on the board! i was getting upset.

16-7 at halftime on the first game of the regular season. going up against the defending superbowl champions in an away game after that unnerving preseason game against the panthers presents some interesting challenges but campbell got off some good shots under pressure when it counted.

(and that bogus facemask call didn't hurt either.)

Subject: Re: skins vs gints

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/04/08 at 9:40 pm

Things I noticed in the 1.5 quarters I got to watch:

1.  The Skins are lollygagging.

2.  The coach doesn't seem to care that they're lollygagging when they need two scores with less than five minutes to go.

3.  The play selection within the "hurry-up" offense part of the game was quite suspect.

Written By: La Roche on 09/04/08 at 9:55 pm

YOU GOT OWNED! BEAT DOWN! STRAIGHT BUSTED SON!

Giants to repeat.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/04/08 at 10:22 pm

YOU GOT OWNED! BEAT DOWN! STRAIGHT BUSTED SON!

Giants to repeat.

Well, I'd call it a beatdown if the Giants hadn't sputtered on three drives and then got totally inept offensively in the second half...some stuff to work on there :D

They might not win the division but that defense can scare anybody even without Strahan and Umen-Ican'tspellhisname :D

Written By: EthanM on 09/04/08 at 10:46 pm

Most defenses probably seem scary against the redskins. I'm glad the giants won, especially since losing this one would be a terrible way to start the season, but also since my opponent started clintton portis (as he should have) in my fantasy football matchup this week.

Written By: La Roche on 09/05/08 at 7:27 am

Well, I'd call it a beatdown if the Giants hadn't sputtered on three drives and then got totally inept offensively in the second half...some stuff to work on there :D

They might not win the division but that defense can scare anybody even without Strahan and Umen-Ican'tspellhisname :D

You had to chip in didn't you.

It was a tale of two halves that's for sure.

Brandon Jacobs was impressive, even if the aerial game sputtered in the second half.

Written By: Tia on 09/05/08 at 8:32 am

if the game had started in the second quarter, we woulda won.  :P

i dont think it was nearly the rout the sports page was saying it was this morning. without that useless holding penalty during the final drive for the skins the score could have easily been 16-14 and we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/05/08 at 11:11 am

Without Zorn's crappy coaching, the Skins would have called a different game and they might have won :P

Written By: Tia on 09/05/08 at 11:24 am

Without Zorn's crappy coaching, the Skins would have called a different game and they might have won :P
i heard he pre-planned his first 15 plays beforehand. could go a long way in explaining why the first quarter looked so much like the british at dunkirk. is that something coaches often do, create rigid playlists before the game?

the second half was better but we gotta work on the fast plays, two-minute drills and no huddles. that requires effortless communication between the field and the coaching staff and not only is this zorn's first time out but they're also using a new signaling system. zorn uses a number system and gibbs used code words.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/05/08 at 11:26 am

i heard he pre-planned his first 15 plays beforehand. could go a long way in explaining why the first quarter looked so much like the british at dunkirk. is that something coaches often do, create rigid playlists before the game?

the second half was better but we gotta work on the fast plays, two-minute drills and no huddles. that requires effortless communication between the field and the coaching staff and not only is this zorn's first time out but they're also using a new signaling system. zorn uses a number system and gibbs used code words.

I think most coaches do have an opening gameplan, but start to tweak it as soon as it looks like it doesn't work.  You have to adjust to the defense real-time.

You'd think they would have worked out the kinks with the hurry-up offense in practice and in the preseason :P

Written By: La Roche on 09/05/08 at 10:31 pm

Admittedly, with a hurry up offense the game would have been closer, Giants would have still won, but it'd be close.

Written By: Tia on 09/05/08 at 10:47 pm

Admittedly, with a hurry up offense the game would have been closer, Giants would have still won, but it'd be close.

cmon, throw me a bone here.

incidentally, are you online? check your IM.

Written By: La Roche on 09/05/08 at 11:01 pm

cmon, throw me a bone here.

incidentally, are you online? check your IM.

Just signed in schnookums.

Check for new replies or respond here...