inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Raiders owner Al Davis needs to get a clue:

Written By: tv on 10/01/08 at 8:46 am

I don;t understand Al Davis this guy has fired so many coaches I mean Art Shell twice, Mike White, Mike Shanahan, Norv Turner, Bill Callahan, now Lane Kiffin, and Joe Bugel. To me Al does not know how to hire coaches to fit him I mean he has been through so many of them. In my opinion Al buts in too much into the coaches business. I mean the only successful coach he hired since 1989 was John Gruden who lasted there for a short 4 years but Gruden actually made the Raiders contenders and relevant. I know Bill Callahan led the Raiders to the Super Bowl in the 2002-2003 season only to get beat buy Gruden's led Tampa Bay Buccaneers .In my opinion Lane Kiffin was the right coach for this team he seemed like a nice guy and the players really respected him but Al didn't like him. I mean I'm a New York area football fan but Al's bringing a once great organization down.

My question is should Al Davis even be the Raiders owner anymore?

Subject: Re: Raiders owner Al Davis needs to get a clue:

Written By: Jessica on 10/01/08 at 9:26 am

I don;t understand Al Davis this guy has fired so many coaches I mean Art Shell twice, Mike White, Mike Shanahan, Norv Turner, Bill Callahan, now Lane Kiffin, and Joe Bugel. To me Al does not know how to hire coaches to fit him I mean he has been through so many of them. In my opinion Al buts in too much into the coaches business. I mean the only successful coach he hired since 1989 was John Gruden who lasted there for a short 4 years but Gruden actually made the Raiders contenders and relevant. I know Bill Callahan led the Raiders to the Super Bowl in the 2002-2003 season only to get beat buy Gruden's led Tampa Bay Buccaneers .In my opinion Lane Kiffin was the right coach for this team he seemed like a nice guy and the players really respected him but Al didn't like him. I mean I'm a New York area football fan but Al's bringing a once great organization down.

My question is should Al Davis even be the Raiders owner anymore?

Short answer: no, he shouldn't be.

I'm a longtime Raiders fan, and trust me, the majority of us HATE Al Davis and what he's done to the team and to all the GREAT coaches they've had.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 10/01/08 at 9:35 am

It's because Bill Callahan basically rode on the coattails of Jon Gruden's playbook.  They were in deep crap when they had to play Gruden's Bucs in the Super Bowl and Callahan couldn't adjust.  They should never have fired Gruden...actually, was Gruden fired or did he get smart and quit?

Anyway, it's not the coach's fault that the Raiders have stupid front office leadership...how's the coach supposed to field a competitive team if the right pieces aren't in place?

Feh.

Written By: tv on 10/01/08 at 9:49 am

Short answer: no, he shouldn't be.

I'm a longtime Raiders fan, and trust me, the majority of us HATE Al Davis and what he's done to the team and to all the GREAT coaches they've had.
Your saying Al Davis shouldn;t be ousted as Raiders owner but your saying how Al has damaged the Raiders? I don;t get that one.

Written By: tv on 10/01/08 at 9:53 am

It's because Bill Callahan basically rode on the coattails of Jon Gruden's playbook.  They were in deep crap when they had to play Gruden's Bucs in the Super Bowl and Callahan couldn't adjust.  They should never have fired Gruden...actually, was Gruden fired or did he get smart and quit?

Anyway, it's not the coach's fault that the Raiders have stupid front office leadership...how's the coach supposed to field a competitive team if the right pieces aren't in place?

Feh.
I think Gruden left but the Raiders recieved draft picks from the Bucs in exchange for the Bucs getting Gruden. I like Gruden thats somebody I would work for because he actually has fun on his job and doesn;t take himself or his job too seriously.

Written By: Jessica on 10/01/08 at 11:45 am

Your saying Al Davis shouldn;t be ousted as Raiders owner but your saying how Al has damaged the Raiders? I don;t get that one.

Um, no. I meant that he shouldn't be the owner.  Sorry if I wasn't clearer on that.

Written By: Matt the Rat76 on 11/01/08 at 3:10 pm

as a lifelong browns fan I remember the raiders as a tough as nails team take no prisoners team but Al davis Has to go as owner and he can't make up his mind when it comes to what city he can move the team first is oakland then L.A. and back to oakland.

Written By: Davester on 11/01/08 at 3:25 pm

He's making the same mistale LBJ made...trying to run the war from the white house...

Check for new replies or respond here...