inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Dextor Clinkscale?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/08/09 at 3:50 pm

Hi Everybody!

I remember a friend of mine once telling me about a football player named Dextor Clinkscale. I don't know much about him, just that he used to play for the Dallas Cowboys in the 80s and that his number was 47. What can you tell me about him?  Was he a good player? Did he play a long time? Any special ponts in his career (like game winning field goals or anything)? I'm interested in learning a little more about him.

Anything that you tell me will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!  ;)

Subject: Re: Dextor Clinkscale?

Written By: EthanM on 01/08/09 at 4:50 pm

I hadn't heard of him but a quick google search revealed that he was a good but not spectacular defensive player for the Cowboys in the 80s. He had 9 interceptions for Dallas  which isn't great (most seasons there are one or two players with 9 interceptions during the year and that's what he got over 5 years) but it's a lot more impressive than none. Since he wasn't a kicker he didn't have any game winning field goals.

He doesn't have his own wikipedia page and didn't play much after he got traded to the Colts. Most interesting thing about him seems to be his name.

Subject: Re: Dextor Clinkscale?

Written By: apollonia1986 on 01/08/09 at 6:29 pm

Hi Ethan! Thanks fo rhte info. I found a little blurb about Dextor in an old magazine I have. Aparently, back in 1984, for one of the local newspapers in Dallas, he dressed up like Michael Jackson on the Thriller album cover. (white suit, black shirt) It was an attractive shot.  :) I'll scan it in later.

Check for new replies or respond here...