inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Greatest Basketball player of the modern Era

Written By: Big Nasty on 04/26/09 at 6:45 pm

Just taking a look at the Modern Era. Who were the greats of our day? You do not have to go by position, just strictly by the best player.  If you want to vote for 5 guards then that is what you believe. 

Subject: Re: Greatest Basketball player of the modern Era

Written By: anabel on 04/26/09 at 7:27 pm

Jordan, Bird, Magic, Malone, Robinson.  In that order.  I wish you had made Stockton/Malone one choice, because I guess I should have really said Stockton instead of Malone, but that's like a PB & J without the J. They're too much of a team to be separate choices.. :)  This should be interesting...can't wait to see how many flavor of the months get picked.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 04/26/09 at 7:39 pm

^ I chose Jordan, Bird, Magic, Barkley and Shaq.

Written By: snozberries on 04/26/09 at 7:42 pm

First and foremost I am an old skool- love me some bad boys!!! detroit Pistons fan so of course I picked
Isaiah Thomas
Dennis Rodman
and Grant Hill

Then the two players I love to watch the most after that...since you left off Bill Laimbeer and Joe Dumars  :P

I picked Magic and Reggie Miller

The thing about Jordan I never liked... when he played for Chicago the first time, was that his ego was bigger than mine... his after game interviews always sounded like this....

IF THE BULLS WON:
Well I got the ball where it needed to go, put up good shots and gave good assist

IF THE BULLS LOST:
Well the guys just weren't feeling it- they didn't hit the net and they didn't pass enough to me...

it was always "I" if they won and "THEY" if they lost... I hated him for that!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 04/26/09 at 7:44 pm

Rodman was an excellent rebounder but he never cared about his other stats, if he had actually tried he'd have been a great player I think.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 04/26/09 at 7:44 pm

I do agree that Jordan had an incredible ego but he had the skillz to back it up :D  Unlike, I dunno...Stephon Marbury.

Written By: snozberries on 04/26/09 at 7:46 pm

I do agree that Jordan had an incredible ego but he had the skillz to back it up :D  Unlike, I dunno...Stephon Marbury.

;D

Rodman was an excellent rebounder but he never cared about his other stats, if he had actually tried he'd have been a great player I think.

the thing about the Pistons tho is that they really played their parts well... Use Rodman for the rebounds, Thomas to penetrate the paint, Dumars (and Thomas) to hit from anywhere else in the court and Laimbeer to block the lane.. Damn they were good... I don't care how people feel about Laimbeers flops... he brought art to it!  ;D

Written By: Frank on 04/27/09 at 12:12 am

Michael Jordan is the best. He won ( I think) 6 Championships with practically no help (Sorry Pippen, you aren't as good as people think you are)

Written By: snozberries on 04/27/09 at 12:45 am

Michael Jordan is the best. He won ( I think) 6 Championships with practically no help (Sorry Pippen, you aren't as good as people think you are)

Let him get out there one on five... and if he can win even one best of 7 games then I will amend my opinion...

Written By: Frank on 04/27/09 at 12:49 am

I do agree that Jordan had an incredible ego but he had the skillz to back it up :D  Unlike, I dunno...Stephon Marbury

Why isn't Stephon Marbury on this list? He's a great player. If you don't believe me, just ask him, he'll tell ya. ;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/27/09 at 2:05 am

Why isn't Stephon Marbury on this list? He's a great player. If you don't believe me, just ask him, he'll tell ya. ;D

;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 04/27/09 at 1:26 pm

Let him get out there one on five... and if he can win even one best of 7 games then I will amend my opinion...

Well, it was pretty much one-on-five because the other four guys just stood there and watched Jordan dunk or do his fade-away :P

Written By: snozberries on 04/27/09 at 3:53 pm

Well, it was pretty much one-on-five because the other four guys just stood there and watched Jordan dunk or do his fade-away :P

Rrrriiiiigggggghhhhhtttttt.....  ::)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 04/27/09 at 4:02 pm

Rrrriiiiigggggghhhhhtttttt.....  ::)

It's true.  They always run isolation plays in the NBA for the superstar.  Most colleges have off-ball movement and screens, but in a lot of NBA games, they always revert to isolation plays and that makes me sad.

Written By: snozberries on 04/27/09 at 4:17 pm

It's true.  They always run isolation plays in the NBA for the superstar.  Most colleges have off-ball movement and screens, but in a lot of NBA games, they always revert to isolation plays and that makes me sad.

I'll give you that but still- I want to see Jordan out there all by his lonesome and see if he can throw up similar numbers....

Written By: Rice_Cube on 04/27/09 at 5:13 pm

I'll give you that but still- I want to see Jordan out there all by his lonesome and see if he can throw up similar numbers....

That's not how basketball is played though :P  Even though Jordan's the only guy scoring, there are still four other guys to distract the five guys who are trying to defend him :D

Written By: Frank on 04/27/09 at 6:43 pm

Other than Pippen, who else did Jordan have to pass the ball to and let them take shots througout a game?
It's quite amazing they won 6 championships with such a lousy team (except one very talented guy.)
Yah, he's arrogant, many superstars are. But he did back it up.  Your Pistons and the Celtics of the 80's had a much more complete team. Chicago was 1 guy, and a little help from Pippen. And they still won 6 titles.

Written By: anabel on 04/27/09 at 6:47 pm

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: snozberries on 04/27/09 at 7:34 pm

Other than Pippen, who else did Jordan have to pass the ball to and let them take shots througout a game?
It's quite amazing they won 6 championships with such a lousy team (except one very talented guy.)
Yah, he's arrogant, many superstars are. But he did back it up.  Your Pistons and the Celtics of the 80's had a much more complete team. Chicago was 1 guy, and a little help from Pippen. And they still won 6 titles.

bj armstrong , steve kerr, Tony Kukoc, Horace grant, John Paxson....and later on that traitor Dennis Rodman  ;)

Written By: anabel on 04/27/09 at 7:50 pm

Ok, I gotta jump in this one......*putting dukes up*    ;)

The Bulls were an amazing TEAM at one time.  My Dad used to take me to games and I remember seeing some of the other players, like Pippin, Luc Longley,Steve Kerr,Toni Kukoc, John Paxon and Rodman all make great plays that helped the team-the spotlight was always on the one man, but the team as a whole always rocked...when those guys were all together they were an amazing force.  And I still to this day have never been in an arena that was so supportive and loud as the old Chicago Stadium. Sometimes it literally felt like the place was gonna crumble from the excitement. I also will submit a clip that is one of my favorites ever-"The Flu Game" as it's remembered- pitting the Bulls against my other favorite team, the Jazz-it's long but it might bring back some cool memories.  So it not only shows why The Bulls (back then) were so great, but it also shows how cool Stockton and Malone as a team were too-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4BswHnf0xM

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now.... ;)

Written By: anabel on 04/27/09 at 8:48 pm

bj armstrong , steve kerr, Tony Kukoc, Horace grant, John Paxson....and later on that traitor Dennis Rodman   ;)

I loved BJ Armstrong!

Horace Grant was another great team player with the Bulls, but had already seen his best days when he came to the Magic.

One more thing.....

Another guy that many people think is really great is Grant Hill. He would sit on the sidelines with a hangnail.  I swear by the time he came to the Magic, he sat in a suit for all but 4 games his first damn season here.  He was always on the bench more than off in 6 seasons. We used to check in before games just to see what kind of suit Grant was wearing for the game, because we knew he wouldn't be in uniform! We got him injured and he made the most of it. I heard one of the Magic VP's at the time, Bob Van Der Weide, say how bummed he was that they spent all that money on him and for what?  But this is just between you, me and the lamp post....  ;);D He made me so mad-he went from rising superstar with the Pistons to superdud in 60 seconds flat.  I think of him as the laziest NBA player in history. He was a disppointment from Day 1....And he's not so nice in person either...I read somewhere that he now has a less than 1% chance of ever being voted into the HOF...he had so much potential.

When I think of the word traitor, I think of SHAQ!!!!!!  Then again, I was working for the Magic when it all went down, but what a JERK. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.  I know this will make some of ya mad, but I had dealings with him in person too, and he is just a big, trash talking, dumb rock with attitude.

Speaking of trash talking, I'm done gossiping now...I'm going to find something happy and nice to post.  ;D  ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 04/27/09 at 10:02 pm

bj armstrong , steve kerr, Tony Kukoc, Horace grant, John Paxson....and later on that traitor Dennis Rodman   ;)

I think Kerr and Paxson were really good wing shooters and Kukoc was a Sixth Man candidate, but Rodman did nothing but rebound...although Rodman was very good at pissing off the opposing team :D

Written By: anabel on 04/27/09 at 10:05 pm

I think Kerr and Paxson were really good wing shooters and Kukoc was a Sixth Man candidate, but Rodman did nothing but rebound...although Rodman was very good at pissing off the opposing team :D

And with those wacky hairdo's, he was quite a distraction as well as annoyance! He's crazy, but he was always entertaining!  :)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 04/27/09 at 10:08 pm

And with those wacky hairdo's, he was quite a distraction as well as annoyance! He's crazy, but he was always entertaining!  :)

...and an excellent rebounder, now if only he'd do other stuff too...

Written By: anabel on 04/27/09 at 10:26 pm

Remember when he married himself? He wore the wedding dress to a book signing, I think?  What a trip!

Yeah, he could rebound like nobody's business! The last basketball Rodman has played as far as I know was one game with Finland's basketball league.  I think he's too busy wrecking hotel rooms to think about basketball anymore. But it was fun while it lasted!

I remember in downtown Chicago one year they painted the whole side of a building as a mural of Rodman with the tri color hair.  They had to take it down because it was too distracting....I have a picture of it somewhere.

Written By: snozberries on 04/27/09 at 10:56 pm

I loved BJ Armstrong!

Horace Grant was another great team player with the Bulls, but had already seen his best days when he came to the Magic.

One more thing.....

Another guy that many people think is really great is Grant Hill. He would sit on the sidelines with a hangnail.  I swear by the time he came to the Magic, he sat in a suit for all but 4 games his first damn season here.  He was always on the bench more than off in 6 seasons. We used to check in before games just to see what kind of suit Grant was wearing for the game, because we knew he wouldn't be in uniform! We got him injured and he made the most of it. I heard one of the Magic VP's at the time, Bob Van Der Weide, say how bummed he was that they spent all that money on him and for what?  But this is just between you, me and the lamp post....  ;);D He made me so mad-he went from rising superstar with the Pistons to superdud in 60 seconds flat.  I think of him as the laziest NBA player in history. He was a disppointment from Day 1....And he's not so nice in person either...I read somewhere that he now has a less than 1% chance of ever being voted into the HOF...he had so much potential.

When I think of the word traitor, I think of SHAQ!!!!!!  Then again, I was working for the Magic when it all went down, but what a JERK. Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.  I know this will make some of ya mad, but I had dealings with him in person too, and he is just a big, trash talking, dumb rock with attitude.

Speaking of trash talking, I'm done gossiping now...I'm going to find something happy and nice to post.   ;D  ;D

How you describe Grant Hill is exactly how I feel about C. Webb....(chris webber) that guy never really put 100% into his games... hell we were lucky (when he came to Sacto Kings) if we could get like 70% out of him... I remember the first year he played for golden state he got poked in the eye and sat out some games... I also remember once an game announcer putting up a picture of Isaiah Thomas and circling all the injuries he had about the only not circled on him was one little finger... Zeke would come out and play on two broken ankles, a bum knee and with his arm in a sling if Chuck Daly needed him....say what you will about him as a coach (and a misogynist) but back in the day the man was a machine!!!!!!

I love Grant Hill when he played for the Pistons... I didn't pay attention when he went to Orlando tho... so it didn't register with me...

Shaq is an ass- I don't know him or anything but I think the man has one job... put the damn ball in the damn hole...great he can do it from the paint but jeez louise man... practice some free throws will ya?  ::)

Hey nasty... you need to do a poll on B-Ball players who didn't live up to their potential...

Shaq  ;)
C. Webb  ;)

Olowakandi
and Hank Gathers buddy... um Bo Kimble... yeah I expected better from him...

Written By: Lazy Rice on 04/27/09 at 11:06 pm

Shaq isn't supposed to do anything but score in the paint, that's what centers do.  Shaq also passes extremely well, and has excellent ball-handling skills for a dude his size.  He has gotten out of shape though, and you're right, he can probably shoot slightly better than 50% from the line :D

Written By: snozberries on 04/27/09 at 11:21 pm

Shaq isn't supposed to do anything but score in the paint, that's what centers do.  Shaq also passes extremely well, and has excellent ball-handling skills for a dude his size.  He has gotten out of shape though, and you're right, he can probably shoot slightly better than 50% from the line :D

too lazy to sign in?  ;D  yeah so he does the big boy stuff well but everyone knows if you want to win just keep fouling shaq and your odds go up!  :P

Written By: Rice_Cube on 04/27/09 at 11:43 pm

^ They did the same thing with Wilt Chamberlain, plus there was no shot clock back then so they just played keepaway :P

Written By: Frank on 04/28/09 at 12:56 am

bj armstrong , steve kerr, Tony Kukoc, Horace grant, John Paxson....and later on that traitor Dennis Rodman  ;)

Yah, lots of all-stars and first ballot hall of famers there

Detroit has 4 or 5 really good players, Boston has the big 3 and Dennis Johnson was pretty good, their supporting cast is much, much better than what the Bulls offered.

Written By: anabel on 04/28/09 at 7:07 pm

How you describe Grant Hill is exactly how I feel about C. Webb....(chris webber) that guy never really put 100% into his games... hell we were lucky (when he came to Sacto Kings) if we could get like 70% out of him... I remember the first year he played for golden state he got poked in the eye and sat out some games... I also remember once an game announcer putting up a picture of Isaiah Thomas and circling all the injuries he had about the only not circled on him was one little finger... Zeke would come out and play on two broken ankles, a bum knee and with his arm in a sling if Chuck Daly needed him....say what you will about him as a coach (and a misogynist) but back in the day the man was a machine!!!!!!

I love Grant Hill when he played for the Pistons... I didn't pay attention when he went to Orlando tho... so it didn't register with me...

Shaq is an ass- I don't know him or anything but I think the man has one job... put the damn ball in the damn hole...great he can do it from the paint but jeez louise man... practice some free throws will ya?  ::)

Hey nasty... you need to do a poll on B-Ball players who didn't live up to their potential...

Shaq  ;)
C. Webb  ;)

Olowakandi

GO Q !!!

I'm impressed!  You know quite a bit about basketball!!  Just another reason you're so COOL!  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/beerchug.gif

Written By: snozberries on 04/29/09 at 12:42 am

GO Q !!!

I'm impressed!  You know quite a bit about basketball!!  Just another reason you're so COOL!  http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/02/beerchug.gif

thx... I was a big fan back in the day...now I still watch it but don't follow as closely as I used to

Written By: anabel on 04/30/09 at 6:01 pm

I noticed last night that Chris Webber is now a commentator on TNT. He's even lazy and slow when they ask him questions...lol.....and he's sitting across from another former "great", Charles Barfley.  Ooops, I meant Charles Barkley..... ;D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 04/30/09 at 6:06 pm

Charles Barkley IS great!  He tells what's on his mind and doesn't give a crap :D

Written By: anabel on 04/30/09 at 6:10 pm

I know, I'm not knocking him so much as a player, I just can't take him seriously after some of the stuff he's pulled in recent years. I think he's trying to catch up with Rodman in the "I'm all whacked out now" department....so seriously, when IS he going to run for Governor?  ;)

Written By: Frank on 04/30/09 at 6:15 pm

I know, I'm not knocking him so much as a player, I just can't take him seriously after some of the stuff he's pulled in recent years. I think he's trying to catch up with Rodman in the "I'm all whacked out now" department....so seriously, when IS he going to run for Governor?  ;)

Chris Webber will get the joke ...in about 20 minutes time.
Hey Chris! Still going predict first round NBA playoff match-ups today!

(okay, maybe he's not that slow)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 04/30/09 at 6:17 pm

After the hooker incident he might not be able to run, but the earliest he'd run is 2014 in Alabama.  He might still have a good chance of winning :D

Written By: snozberries on 04/30/09 at 9:35 pm

Chris Webber will get the joke ...in about 20 minutes time.
Hey Chris! Still going predict first round NBA playoff match-ups today!

(okay, maybe he's not that slow)

close tho...very very close!  ;D

Written By: Big Nasty on 05/02/09 at 5:01 pm

Alright so I feel a lot of Bulls hate going on here. Now I am a bit of a hater from those days as well. In fact I am sure that I am a hater for very much the same reason as the rest of you....Michael, Scottie, Phil and the Bulls kept taking championship that we all felt our teams could have won. The beat my beloved Lakers and oh by the way they still feel it neccessary to show the play where Michael changes hand in flight...I can hear Marv Albert now "A Spectacular Move By Michael Jordan." Then if you happen to be a Knicks fan who he torched on a pretty regular basis you can also hate on him, as well as the Pistons, and what about that Great Suns team that he averaged lke 32.0 a game against.  The fact remains despite his ego, he made a lot of fans upset by his "Killer Instinct" at the ends of game.  I can take nothing away from him he truly was a Basketball God on the court. As for those that say he didn't have a supporting cast, I beg to differ. Horace Grant was an All-Star while in Chicago...he never would have been anywhere else. Scottie Pippen changed the Forward position, and created the day of the ball handling forward, he is a first ballot Hall Of Famer, and one of the 50 Greatest of All Time. There were many other "Role" players such as Toni Kukoc, Steve Kerr, Paxson, Armstrong, Hodges, Oakley, Longley, Rodman, andStacey King, etc.  Many of these players owe thanks for the ring they wear to number 23. It also never hurt that his coach was the great Phil Jackson.

Written By: snozberries on 05/02/09 at 5:15 pm

Alright so I feel a lot of Bulls hate going on here. Now I am a bit of a hater from those days as well. In fact I am sure that I am a hater for very much the same reason as the rest of you....Michael, Scottie, Phil and the Bulls kept taking championship that we all felt our teams could have won. The beat my beloved Lakers and oh by the way they still feel it neccessary to show the play where Michael changes hand in flight...I can hear Marv Albert now "A Spectacular Move By Michael Jordan." Then if you happen to be a Knicks fan who he torched on a pretty regular basis you can also hate on him, as well as the Pistons, and what about that Great Suns team that he averaged lke 32.0 a game against.  The fact remains despite his ego, he made a lot of fans upset by his "Killer Instinct" at the ends of game.  I can take nothing away from him he truly was a Basketball God on the court. As for those that say he didn't have a supporting cast, I beg to differ. Horace Grant was an All-Star while in Chicago...he never would have been anywhere else. Scottie Pippen changed the Forward position, and created the day of the ball handling forward, he is a first ballot Hall Of Famer, and one of the 50 Greatest of All Time. There were many other "Role" players such as Toni Kukoc, Steve Kerr, Paxson, Armstrong, Hodges, Oakley, Longley, Rodman, andStacey King, etc.  Many of these players owe thanks for the ring they wear to number 23. It also never hurt that his coach was the great Phil Jackson.

my problem with Jordan is and always will be, as I said before, that Jordan was the first one to deny that he was on a team... wins were because of him... loses were because of the team... forget the plays- go back and listen to his interviews after the games... I lost all respect for him when I realized he took all the credit for the wins but accepted no responsibility for the losses....

He became a bit more humble after his fathers murder but it was too late to change me as a fan... oh there that and the fact that my friend has pictures of him cheating on Juanita. He does a camp here at UCSB every year and she got pics of him making out with Vivica Fox... or maybe it was Tyra... in the mid to late 90s....

and... regarding the camp... the kids parents pay hundreds of dollars to send the kids to his camp he won't sign autographs for anyone unless they pay... and I'm not talking about for adults either... I mean for the kids... the camp kids get one autograph but their siblings or kids who go to see him play get shafted...

He's an ass... he got pulled over by one of our cops a couple years back for speeding or running a stop sign and he was like I'm Michael Jordan what the eff are you pulling me over for?  ::)

Written By: tv on 05/02/09 at 5:25 pm

Yeah but Rodman did win 2 rings when he with the Pistons. You know people may not like Dennis Rodman but he was a great Player. I mean he could rebound like crazy but he was a good defender too. He did win Defensive Player of the Year with the Pistons a couple times at least.  When Dennis was with the Pistons he would defend players like Kevin McHale, Larry Bird, and I think he did defended Scottie Pippen and Micheal Jordan as well. When he was with the Bulls he defended Karl Malone and Shawn Kemp I believe in those NBA Finals match-ups with the Jazz(twice) and Soincs(once.)

Dennis Rodman deserves his day in Springfiield, Massachusetts just like Michael Jordan or David Robinson.

Charles Oakley wasn;t a role player he was a good starting player for the Knicks. Oakley never won a ring with the Bulls or for his whole entire career altough some people do believe the Bulls-Knicks rilvary might have started because of the Oakley-Bill Cartwright trade in the late 80's.

You forgot about like Scott Hansen, Cliff Levingston and Bill Wennington as well as role players on Bulls championship teams in the 90's.

Horace Grant was pretty good with the Orlando Magic too(well his first stint with the Magic.) Grant was on the 1995 Orlando Magic team that went to the NBA Finals only to get swept by the Houston Rockets. Grant was also on the Eastern Conference finalist Orlando Magic that got swept by the Bulls in 1996.

Yeah I agree Jordan did have good supporting casts.

Ron Harper won a few rings with the Bulls too and at least a couple with the Lakers I believe.

Written By: snozberries on 05/02/09 at 5:28 pm

Yeah but Rodman did win 2 rings when he with the Pistons. You know people may not like Dennis Rodman but he was a great Player. I mean he could rebound like crazy but he was a good defender too. He did win Defensive Player of the Year with the Pistons a couple times at least.  When Dennis was with the Pistons he would defend players like Kevin McHale, Larry Bird, and I think he did defended Scottie Pippen and Micheal Jordan as well. When he was with the Bulls he defended Karl Malone and Shawn Kemp I believe in those NBA Finals match-ups with the Jazz(twice) and Soincs(once.)

Dennis Rodman deserves his day in Springfiield, Massachusetts just like Michael Jordan or David Robinson.

Charles Oakley wasn;t a role player he was a good starting player for the Knicks. Oakley never won a ring with the Bulls or for his whole entire career altough some people do believe the Bulls-Knicks rilvary might have started because of the Oakley-Bill Cartwright trade in the late 80's.

You forgot about like Scott Hansen, Cliff Levingston and Bill Wennington as well as role players on Bulls championship teams in the 90's.

Horace Grant was pretty good with the Orlando Magic too(well his first stint with the Magic.) Grant was on the 1995 Orlando Magic team that went to the NBA Finals only to get swept by the Houston Rockets. Grant was also on the Eastern Conference finalist Orlando Magic that got swept by the Bulls in 1996.

Yeah I agree Jordan did have good supporting casts.

Ron Harper won a few rings with the Bulls too and at least a couple with the Lakers I believe.

yeah people forget how good Rodman was before he went nuts....

Written By: Frank on 05/02/09 at 5:28 pm

my problem with Jordan is and always will be, as I said before, that Jordan was the first one to deny that he was on a team... wins were because of him... loses were because of the team... forget the plays- go back and listen to his interviews after the games... I lost all respect for him when I realized he took all the credit for the wins but accepted no responsibility for the losses....

He became a bit more humble after his fathers murder but it was too late to change me as a fan... oh there that and the fact that my friend has pictures of him cheating on Juanita. He does a camp here at UCSB every year and she got pics of him making out with Vivica Fox... or maybe it was Tyra... in the mid to late 90s....

and... regarding the camp... the kids parents pay hundreds of dollars to send the kids to his camp he won't sign autographs for anyone unless they pay... and I'm not talking about for adults either... I mean for the kids... the camp kids get one autograph but their siblings or kids who go to see him play get shafted...

He's an ass... he got pulled over by one of our cops a couple years back for speeding or running a stop sign and he was like I'm Michael Jordan what the eff are you pulling me over for?  ::)

The cop should have been fired for pulling over Jordan. How dare he do that to the world's greatest basketball player. I hope he has learned from his mistake  :D
Seriously though. A superstar athlete/celeb having a huge ego. He must be the first ever.  :D

Written By: snozberries on 05/02/09 at 5:31 pm

The cop should have been fired for pulling over Jordan. How dare he do that to the world's greatest basketball player. I hope he has learned from his mistake  :D
Seriously though. A superstar athlete/celeb having a huge ego. He must be the first ever.  :D

;D

I know ego and superstar go hand-in-hand....but Jordan's head occupies some other planet!!!!

Written By: tv on 05/02/09 at 5:31 pm

Its not just Jordan that makes people pay for autographs. Alot athletes do that too. I agree though you just don;t say I'm Michael Jordan if you get pulled over by the cops and cheating on your spouse is wrong too.  

Written By: snozberries on 05/02/09 at 5:41 pm

Its not just Jordan that makes people pay for autographs. Alot athletes do that too. I agree though you just don;t say I'm Michael Jordan if you get pulled over by the cops and cheating on your spouse is wrong too.  

I realize that people charge for autographs, it makes sense but when you're talking about kids...kids don't get that its a business..they see this person who they think is a hero and he just pisses all over them...

Written By: tv on 05/02/09 at 5:55 pm

Shaq  ;)
C. Webb  ;)

Olowakandi

The Satco King were a total embarassment before C. Webb came there. I mean he did help Satco getting near the top of the NBA. If not for those referee calls in Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals vs the Lakers C. Webb would probably have a ring on his hand. C. Webb was never had the same explosiveness going to the rim after the knee injury he suffered in the 2003 Western Conference Semi-finals vs the Mavericks. The Kings were the favorites in the Western Conference to go at least go the championship in 2003 but did lose that series to the Mavs.

Your right about Michael Olowakandi I was hearing how good he might be but he was a total bust in the NBA.

Written By: tv on 05/02/09 at 6:03 pm

I loved BJ Armstrong!

One more thing.....

Speaking of trash talking, I'm done gossiping now...I'm going to find something happy and nice to post.   ;D  ;D
Grant Hill-This guy had the worst luck over I mean he's comparbable to Ken Griffey Jr. because Griffey would get injured alot once he got traded to the Cincinnati Reds. I don't know everybody compared Grant Hill to Michael Jordan in the mid 90's I think Grant Hill was more comparable to Scottie Pippen myself.

Whats funny is the Magic traded Ben Wallace to the Pistons for Grant Hill and Ben Wallace turned out to be a pretty good player for the Pistons and won a championship with the Pistons in 2004.

Written By: snozberries on 05/02/09 at 6:16 pm

The Satco King were a total embarassment before C. Webb came there. I mean he did help Satco getting near the top of the NBA. If not for those referee calls in Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals vs the Lakers C. Webb would probably have a ring on his hand. C. Webb was never had the same explosiveness going to the rim after the knee injury he suffered in the 2003 Western Conference Semi-finals vs the Mavericks. The Kings were the favorites in the Western Conference to go at least go the championship in 2003 but did lose that series to the Mavs.

Your right about Michael Olowakandi I was hearing how good he might be but he was a total bust in the NBA.

Actually I blame the Refs, Doug Christie and the Coach was it adelman? Anyway that's who I blame for the loss... Doug Christie blew the last 4 minutes of the game and he should have been pulled...

I disagree with you tho...the kings got back into the game before C. Webb

Mitch Richmond, Bobby Hurley (before the car accident), Chris Jackson.. I mean Mahmoud abdul Raouf  ::) Lionel Simmons, Brian Grant, Corliss Williamson, Oldeyn Polynice... Sac's had some good players... 

The day the kings finally get to the finals you will hear me screaming in Santa Barbara

Written By: tv on 05/02/09 at 6:41 pm

Actually I blame the Refs, Doug Christie and the Coach was it adelman? Anyway that's who I blame for the loss... Doug Christie blew the last 4 minutes of the game and he should have been pulled...

I disagree with you tho...the kings got back into the game before C. Webb

Mitch Richmond, Bobby Hurley (before the car accident), Chris Jackson.. I mean Mahmoud abdul Raouf  ::) Lionel Simmons, Brian Grant, Corliss Williamson, Oldeyn Polynice... Sac's had some good players... 

The day the kings finally get to the finals you will hear me screaming in Santa Barbara
Yeah Brian Grant was a good player. Corliss was too, he was on the 2004 Detroit Pistons championship team and he was on an NCAA championship team with the Arkansas Razorbacks in 1994.

Yeah Mitch Richond was pretty good.

I always wondered whow good Bobby Hurley would have been in the NBA I mean could he have been as great of an NBA player as he was a college player.

Lionel Simmons-how long was he around for? Polynice played for the Kings? I remember Chris Jackson(aka Mahmound Abdul Raouf) from his days with the Denver Nuggets.

Written By: gibbo on 05/02/09 at 8:03 pm

I'm old scholl as well..and went for Bird, Jordan, Johnson, Robinson and Isaiah, The rest of them are rubbish! (I already have my dukes up).

I don't vote for people with names like LeBron or Cobey!!!  :P

Written By: Frank on 05/03/09 at 12:22 am

One thing you must admit is that the Bulls teams were not as good as the teams and supporting casts for the 80's Celtics (Bird, Parrish, McCale, Ainge, Johnson), 80's Lakers (Worthy, Kareem, Magic) and late 80's Pistons.(Laimbeer, Thomas, Dantley, Dumars)
It's just that Jordan was able to take it to anothr level and collect 6 NBA titles. I'm not saying that Pippen and Kukoc were garbage, just that, as a whole, those teams can't compare with the other 3.

Written By: Henk on 05/03/09 at 1:12 am

I don't need five choices, I just need one: Rik Smits.

It's sad to see how his name is NOT on the list.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a basketball fan, though.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 05/03/09 at 1:41 am

I don't need five choices, I just need one: Rik Smits.

It's sad to see how his name is NOT on the list.

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not a basketball fan, though.

He was tall and he could shoot the outside shot but he wasn't really that good.  Arvydas Sabonis was a much better player throughout his career.

Written By: Henk on 05/03/09 at 1:43 am

He was tall and he could shoot the outside shot but he wasn't really that good.  Arvydas Sabonis was a much better player throughout his career.

Yeah, but Sabonis isn't Dutch, is he? :P

Written By: Rice_Cube on 05/03/09 at 1:45 am

Yeah, but Sabonis isn't Dutch, is he? :P

Lithuanian 8)

Written By: tv on 05/03/09 at 12:58 pm

One thing you must admit is that the Bulls teams were not as good as the teams and supporting casts for the 80's Celtics (Bird, Parrish, McCale, Ainge, Johnson), 80's Lakers (Worthy, Kareem, Magic) and late 80's Pistons.(Laimbeer, Thomas, Dantley, Dumars)
It's just that Jordan was able to take it to anothr level and collect 6 NBA titles. I'm not saying that Pippen and Kukoc were garbage, just that, as a whole, those teams can't compare with the other 3.
Even though I like the Pistons better than the Bulls the Bulls did end the Pistons great run of 1987-1990 when the Bulls swept the Pistons in the 1991 Eastern Conference Finals. Besides, Dantley wasn't even on those 1989 and 1990 Piston Championship teams, Mark Agiurre was. Agiurre was traded to Detroit from Dallas in exchange for Adrian Dantley somewhere in the middle of the 1988-1989 season I think. Dantley was on the 1988 Detroit Pistons NBA Finals team that lost to the Lakers in 7 games. Dantley was also on the 1987 Piston team that made it to the Eastern Conference Finals team that lost to the Celtics in 7 games.

I will defend the Pistons 1990-1991 team a little bit since Isiah Thomas did miss 34 games in the regular season with an injury to his hand. The 1990-1991 Pistons still managed to beat the Celtics in the Eastern Conference Semifinals despite not having home court advantage in that Series. The Pistons not having home court in the next round I think may have set the tone for them getting swept by the Bulls in 1991. The Pistons did beat the Bulls 3 straight years in the playoffs before the 1991 Eastern Conference Finals.

Written By: Big Nasty on 05/04/09 at 5:31 pm

It is easy to what if all day because a star was injured. I mean I think the Lakers would have beat the Pistons two years in a row in the Finals if not for injuries. Magic had a bad groin and Byron Scott had a pulled Hamstring.  Thus putting the team on the shoulders of an aging Kareem and James Worthy. Unfortunately injuries are a part of the game. What would the Lakers chances be minus Kobe or Cleveland minus Lebron?

Check for new replies or respond here...