inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The NBA offseason: the trades:

Written By: tv on 06/24/09 at 11:42 am

Yesterday the San Antonio Spurs got Foward Richard Jefferson from the Milwaukee Bucks and the Spurs shipped Bruce Bowen, Fabricio Oberto, and Kurt Thomas to the Bucks. The Bucks than turned around and traded Oberto to the Detroit Pistons for Foward Amir Johnson.

Also, yesterday the Minnesota Timberwolves traded Guard Mike Miller and Randy Foye to the Wizards for Center Eaton Thomas and Dario Songulia and nother player. In my opinion the Wizards got the better of that deal.

The Spurs getting Richard Jefferson tells me the Spurs are going for one last 2 year run at a championship. I still don;t think they match up with the Lakers well even with Jefferson. I mean Manu Ginoboli always injured it seems for the Spurs and I don;t think Jefferson is enough to b a stop gap even if Ginoboli injured. Tim Duncan is not even the Tim Duncan of 2 years ago.

Subject: Re: The NBA offseason: the trades:

Written By: anabel on 06/25/09 at 4:49 am

The Cleveland from Phoenix trade with Shaq is a done deal, all but the signing-for more go here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4285489

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/25/09 at 11:58 am

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0625/pg2_puzzle_300.jpg

Wow.

Written By: Frank on 06/25/09 at 3:44 pm

I really wonder if Shaq have anything left in his aging body to go through the regular season and several playoff rounds and compliment Lebron.

Written By: anabel on 06/26/09 at 5:47 am

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2009/06/25/22/Nets_Magic_Trade_Basketball.sff.embedded.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

Well, this is interesting...Vince Carter is now a Magic player!  The trade gives the Magic another star in a lineup that already includes center Dwight Howard and forward Rashard Lewis. The deal, which sent point guard Rafer Alston, shooting guard Courtney Lee and power forward Tony Battie to New Jersey, might also convince swingman Hedo Turkoglu, who can opt out of his contract and become a free agent on July 1, to remain with the Magic.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 06/26/09 at 10:16 am

^ Wanna take bets on how long it takes before Vince breaks and/or just mails it in?  :D

Written By: tv on 06/27/09 at 1:31 pm

The Cleveland from Phoenix trade with Shaq is a done deal, all but the signing-for more go here:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4285489
The Cavs still not a wing player to match up with Rashard Lewis and/or Lamar Odom if they face the Magic or the Lakers in the playoffs.

Written By: tv on 06/27/09 at 1:35 pm

^ Wanna take bets on how long it takes before Vince breaks and/or just mails it in?  :D
Well I live in Jersey and I have followed Vince since he came to Jersey in late 2004 from Toronto. Vince was good person and a good leader as a New Jersey Net. He will be a good player for the Magic.

Written By: tv on 06/27/09 at 1:38 pm

http://media.kansascity.com/smedia/2009/06/25/22/Nets_Magic_Trade_Basketball.sff.embedded.prod_affiliate.81.jpg

Well, this is interesting...Vince Carter is now a Magic player!  The trade gives the Magic another star in a lineup that already includes center Dwight Howard and forward Rashard Lewis. The deal, which sent point guard Rafer Alston, shooting guard Courtney Lee and power forward Tony Battie to New Jersey, might also convince swingman Hedo Turkoglu, who can opt out of his contract and become a free agent on July 1, to remain with the Magic.
I was shocked that the Magic made the trade for Vince since Rafer Alston and Courtney Lee were a part of the Magic team that led them to them to the Finals.

I see less of a chance for Hedo to remain with the Magic now that Vince is there.

Written By: tv on 06/27/09 at 1:42 pm

Also, yesterday the Minnesota Timberwolves traded Guard Mike Miller and Randy Foye to the Wizards for Center Eaton Thomas and Dario Songulia and nother player. In my opinion the Wizards got the better of that deal.

Now why did the T-Wolves trade Mike Miller and Randy Foye away and just drafted 2 guards in Ricky Rubio and Johnny Flynn. This makes no sense whatsoever.

Written By: Frank on 06/27/09 at 1:44 pm

Like he did when he played mailed it in for the Raptors?

Written By: tv on 07/11/09 at 5:03 pm

Alroght I'm in the mood too talk about some NBA offseason transactions again:

First off the Caviliers you had a choice of Trevor Ariza or Ron Artest and you didn;t get either? The Cavs needed a wing player like I said before to match up with Lamar Odom or Rashard Lewis and did nothing to fill that hole. Its weird too the Lakers and Rockets basically swapped wing players and the Lakers got Ron Artest for Trevor Ariza? What a steal.

The Pistons: you know what they say: no rebounds, no rings: I mean this team will get hammered on the boards night in/night out. Alright you sign Ben Gordon and Charlie Vullineuva I like those 2 moves and get John Kuester as head Coach. Thry have no size up front I mean Kwame Brown is a good back-up center but not a starting center in the NBA. You lose Antonio McDyess and Rasheed Wallace: they really wanted to re-sign McDyess though. Whats up with all these guards the Pistons have? Rip Hamilton, Will Bynum, Aaron Affalo, Ben Gordon?  All these are good players but you need size. I wouldn;t trade "Rip" though he's one of the best 2 guards in the league. Affalo or Bynum are the odd men out.

Spurs: this team was a big winner in the offseason getting Richard Jefferson and Antonio McDyess. The Spurs will challenge the Lakers for the Western Conference all year: playoffs and regular season if Tim Duncan can revert back to 2007-2008 Tim Duncan.

Now the Blazers/Jazz/ Bulls three team deal? The deal is a joke.The Bulls want to trade Hinrich right after they didn't even offer Ben Gordon a counter offer to the Pistons offer. Hinrich could fill Gordons old role on the Bulls in being a good sixth man. The Bulls want Jared Bayless from the Blazers? Why? .To make it a wothwhile joke the Jazz want too dump Carlos Boozers big contract too the Bulls with a year left on it so they can re-sign foward Paul Milsap and the other team thats bidding for Milsap is the Blazers. The Jazz have some time to match the Blazers offer for Milsap which is 4 years 36 million. I say the Blazers have the Jazz trapped in a corner wth this Paul Milsap deal. How does Blazers GM Kevin Pritchard outsmart all the GM's in the NBA with these great moves he makes?

Written By: Big Nasty on 07/16/09 at 6:01 am

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2009/0625/pg2_puzzle_300.jpg

Wow.

Cleveland did not get eliminated from the Playoff by Orlando for a lack of size..it was a lack of mobility in guarding D. Howard. So the got bigger, but the also got way slower

Written By: tv on 07/18/09 at 6:11 pm

Cleveland did not get eliminated from the Playoff by Orlando for a lack of size..it was a lack of mobility in guarding D. Howard. So the got bigger, but the also got way slower
Zunas Illgiallskis(spelling) is slower than Shaq?

Written By: Big Nasty on 07/19/09 at 5:17 pm

For Cleveland to have a real shot they need to resign James and sign free agent Bosh next off season.

Written By: tv on 07/23/09 at 2:27 pm

Alroght I'm in the mood too talk about some NBA offseason transactions again:

First off the Caviliers you had a choice of Trevor Ariza or Ron Artest and you didn;t get either? The Cavs needed a wing player like I said before to match up with Lamar Odom or Rashard Lewis and did nothing to fill that hole. Its weird too the Lakers and Rockets basically swapped wing players and the Lakers got Ron Artest for Trevor Ariza? What a steal.

The Pistons: you know what they say: no rebounds, no rings: I mean this team will get hammered on the boards night in/night out. Alright you sign Ben Gordon and Charlie Vullineuva I like those 2 moves and get John Kuester as head Coach. Thry have no size up front I mean Kwame Brown is a good back-up center but not a starting center in the NBA. You lose Antonio McDyess and Rasheed Wallace: they really wanted to re-sign McDyess though. Whats up with all these guards the Pistons have? Rip Hamilton, Will Bynum, Aaron Affalo, Ben Gordon?  All these are good players but you need size. I wouldn;t trade "Rip" though he's one of the best 2 guards in the league. Affalo or Bynum are the odd men out.

Spurs: this team was a big winner in the offseason getting Richard Jefferson and Antonio McDyess. The Spurs will challenge the Lakers for the Western Conference all year: playoffs and regular season if Tim Duncan can revert back to 2007-2008 Tim Duncan.

Now the Blazers/Jazz/ Bulls three team deal? The deal is a joke.The Bulls want to trade Hinrich right after they didn't even offer Ben Gordon a counter offer to the Pistons offer. Hinrich could fill Gordons old role on the Bulls in being a good sixth man. The Bulls want Jared Bayless from the Blazers? Why? .To make it a wothwhile joke the Jazz want too dump Carlos Boozers big contract too the Bulls with a year left on it so they can re-sign foward Paul Milsap and the other team thats bidding for Milsap is the Blazers. The Jazz have some time to match the Blazers offer for Milsap which is 4 years 36 million. I say the Blazers have the Jazz trapped in a corner wth this Paul Milsap deal. How does Blazers GM Kevin Pritchard outsmart all the GM's in the NBA with these great moves he makes?

To update the NBA player transaction log:

The Pistons signed Chris Wilcox so they do have some size up front now.

The Jazz matched the Blazers offer to Paul Milsap. Carlos Boozer is looking to be traded from Utah to Miami to play with D-Wade.

Written By: tv on 08/15/09 at 6:19 pm

The Cavs signed another big man in Leon Powe. I don;t understand Cavs GM Danny Ferry. Why didn't they just overpay for former Atlanta Hawk Josh Childress  a little bit who played overseaes last year and will play overseas this year. They could have use Childress to match up against Rashard Lewis and Lamar Odom in the playoffs.

Check for new replies or respond here...