inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2009 NFL Season

Written By: MrCleveland on 08/27/09 at 1:31 pm

What team will win it all?
Will your team do any good?

My guess...Giants and no.

Subject: Re: 2009 NFL Season

Written By: Frank on 08/27/09 at 2:40 pm

I'm interested to see how Tom Brady bounces back after 1 year off, and how well the Patriots play this year.

Also wondering if we might see Peyton & Eli in the Super bow (Indy Vs Giants)

Written By: loki 13 on 08/27/09 at 6:29 pm

Also wondering if we might see Peyton & Eli in the Super bowl (Indy Vs Giants)

I surely hope not. First off, I despise the Holy Family of football and secondly, I feel about the Giants the way
most members feel about the Yankees.  :P

On a different subject, Michael Vick took the field for the first time on the second play of the game. Surprisingly,
he received quite an ovation. He completed a shuffle pass for 4 yards, since then he's been in on a few plays and
even threw for a first down. I don't know how long this gimmick is going to work.

Written By: Frank on 08/28/09 at 1:08 am

I surely hope not. First off, I despise the Holy Family of football and secondly, I feel about the Giants the way
most members feel about the Yankees.  :P

On a different subject, Michael Vick took the field for the first time on the second play of the game. Surprisingly,
he received quite an ovation. He completed a shuffle pass for 4 yards, since then he's been in on a few plays and
even threw for a first down. I don't know how long this gimmick is going to work.

I'm not a fan of Eli "banjo boy from deliverance" either.

Written By: anabel on 08/28/09 at 11:18 am

The Lone Cowboy fan checks in.........

So far in the preseason games we're 1-1, losing to the Raider pretty embarrassingly, but then turning around and stomping the Titans.  I have high hopes for the season, like I always do, the new stadium looks good, tomorrow we take on the 49ers at home. I hope the new stadium brings good luck after what happened over the summer in training camp....

http://lc.fdots.com/cc/lc/5c/5cb0223c65bc0e5e80611d4bf7fa06a3.jpg

Written By: anabel on 09/13/09 at 8:00 pm

Almost forgot......

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/cheering.gif  Romo soars without T.O., Cowboys beat Bucs 34-21    http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/cheering.gif

Written By: Frank on 09/13/09 at 11:13 pm

Almost forgot......

http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/cheering.gif  Romo soars without T.O., Cowboys beat Bucs 34-21    http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/03/cheering.gif

Yah but, can Romo put in together in the playoffs?
Question remains unanswered.

Written By: anabel on 09/15/09 at 11:10 pm

Yah but, can Romo put in together in the playoffs?
Question remains unanswered.

I think he'll play much better now that some of his mental distractions (T.O. and Jessica Simpson) are out of his system....the boy has got talent, he had some impressive plays Sunday (I listened to the game on the radio AT WORK while they played 15 minutes away from me!), I think he'll develop in time.  He has the potential, and it will be good to see him focus more on the game and not the girl this year!

Written By: loki 13 on 09/20/09 at 2:20 pm

It's over, might as well stop the season right now and give the Lombardi trophy to the Saints. The
way Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are all over Drew Brees' nut sack it is all over but the crying. While we
are at it, acoording to these two clowns Brees is best QB ever, so just give him the MVP and place
him in the Hall.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/20/09 at 2:37 pm

I am amazed they didn't have Buck and Aikman call the Giants @ Cowboys game.

Written By: loki 13 on 09/20/09 at 3:12 pm

I am amazed they didn't have Buck and Aikman call the Giants @ Cowboys game.

If they did that game they wouldn't have been able to service Brees.  ;)

Brees is a good quarterback, I will not deny him that but these to guys are making him out to be the
second coming of Christ. 4 touchdowns the Saints scored came on 2 drives of less than 25 yards and
2 others less than 50. Anytime you consistently give a good QB a short field you will lose. The Saints
are an okay team but they have to be concerned that they gave up 27 points to the Lions and, as of
this moment, 20 points to a second string quarterback that never started a game.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/20/09 at 11:15 pm

I was misinformed, the Giants-Cowboys game was on NBC so Buck and Aikman wouldn't have been able to announce it anyway.  Heck of a last-second win by the Giants though.  I was very disappointed that no punts went off the scoreboard :P

Written By: La Roche on 09/20/09 at 11:19 pm

Tony Homo looked bad today.

Eli looked excellent.

2 - 0, both wins coming against division opposition.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 09/20/09 at 11:22 pm

Eli looked excellent.

He looked good in the last two minutes but I think the Giants have some issues with missed tackles and run defense in general.  Eli had some issues in the early parts of the game too.  Lots of stuff to talk about before next weekend, but a win is a win.

Written By: Frank on 09/21/09 at 12:25 am

Eli looked excellent.

Eli "The banjo boy from Deliverance" played well today.

Written By: La Roche on 09/21/09 at 12:44 am

He looked good in the last two minutes but I think the Giants have some issues with missed tackles and run defense in general.  Eli had some issues in the early parts of the game too.  Lots of stuff to talk about before next weekend, but a win is a win.

Considering they were playing what amounted to a second string D....

Written By: Tam on 10/13/09 at 9:52 am

The Lone Cowboy fan checks in.........

Nope - Odyssey is also a Cowboys fan... whenever she get online she will telly ou herself!!! ;D
She drives me crazy with her Cowboys talk and singing her song... The boys are back in toooooooown!! ::) 8-P

Redskins here - and unfortuantely, I don't see them doing too much this year.

Written By: ninny on 10/13/09 at 12:23 pm

I had such good hope for the Bills at the start of the season..What the hell happened, let's put Fitzpatrick in and see if he is better than Edwards..and please get rid of "Stonewall' Jauron

Written By: loki 13 on 10/18/09 at 6:13 pm

I was duped, I thought the Eagles were a decent team. Not a premier team, not the team to beat but a decent team.
They are not. They were completely outplayed and outcoached by the Raiders. I never was a Reed fan because as
a game day coach he is horrible and it was never more evident than today. Way to go Reed; I don't see them winning
another game. That's okay, maybe it will be Reed's ticket out of here.

Written By: Frank on 10/18/09 at 10:34 pm

Who would have thought the Titans would be 0-6 now.

Written By: ADH13 on 10/26/09 at 8:26 pm

Eli looked excellent.

Tony Romo looked good yesterday.

Eli.... :-\\

Written By: ADH13 on 10/26/09 at 8:31 pm

Nope - Odyssey is also a Cowboys fan... whenever she get online she will telly ou herself!!! ;D
She drives me crazy with her Cowboys talk and singing her song... The boys are back in toooooooown!! ::) 8-P

Redskins here - and unfortuantely, I don't see them doing too much this year.

I'm actually rooting for them tonight... it's killing me... but I need the Eagles to lose.

Written By: Tam on 10/26/09 at 8:48 pm

I'm actually rooting for them tonight... it's killing me... but I need the Eagles to lose.

Sad, I don't even have the game on.
Last couple were so disgraceful...

Written By: ADH13 on 10/26/09 at 9:01 pm

Sad, I don't even have the game on.
Last couple were so disgraceful...

Last I saw, Philly is winning 17-7... but it's still early...

Written By: Tam on 10/26/09 at 9:05 pm

Last I saw, Philly is winning 17-7... but it's still early...

8-P

;D

Written By: Frank on 10/27/09 at 12:08 am

Philly won.
At least I'm glad the N.Y. Giants lost yesterday, and Oakland got smacked silly by the Jets.
Redskins are having a tough season. Losing to Detroit a few weeks back didn't help.

I'm really happy for New Orleans though, Not a great fan but they have suffered through so many lousy seasons. Nice to see them do well.

Written By: prefab sprouter on 10/27/09 at 10:24 am

I'm still trying to figure out why I'm still a Raiders fan  ;D

Saints look awfully strong, not sure about their defense though and as we all know, Offenses dont win Superbowl rings, Defenses do.

Written By: ADH13 on 11/09/09 at 10:49 pm

WOO!  First place baby!!

I have no clue as to what possessed Andy Reid to send out the FG unit with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter, with Dallas up by 7...  but I'm not complaining. :D

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/10/09 at 10:06 am

Andy Reid is an idiot.  He wasted all three timeouts on stupidity and had no time left to do anything at the end of the game.  Ridiculous.

Written By: ADH13 on 11/10/09 at 11:35 am

Andy Reid is an idiot.  He wasted all three timeouts on stupidity and had no time left to do anything at the end of the game.  Ridiculous.

Yeah, he really didn't do his team justice last night.  They were playing quite well, and had a chance to win.  But Reid decided to give us the game instead.  I was a bit confused by that.

Written By: loki 13 on 11/11/09 at 11:34 am

WOO!  First place baby!!

I have no clue as to what possessed Andy Reid to send out the FG unit with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter, with Dallas up by 7...  but I'm not complaining. :D

This I can probably answer. For the record there was a little over 4 minutes left when they kicked the field goal. If the defense forces a
three and out The Eagles get the ball back with over two minutes and a chance to win not tie. Unfortunately the defense didn't do it's
job. On a side note; The Eagles couldn't convert a Fourth and inches, does anyone think they could've converted a Fourth and eleven?

This is the state of today's NFL, there are no good teams, some teams just suck less than the others. Every week some dope does
something more stupid then the dope the week before. This NFL is almost unwatchable.

Written By: ADH13 on 11/11/09 at 10:37 pm

This I can probably answer. For the record there was a little over 4 minutes left when they kicked the field goal. If the defense forces a
three and out The Eagles get the ball back with over two minutes and a chance to win not tie. Unfortunately the defense didn't do it's
job. On a side note; The Eagles couldn't convert a Fourth and inches, does anyone think they could've converted a Fourth and eleven?

This is the state of today's NFL, there are no good teams, some teams just suck less than the others. Every week some dope does
something more stupid then the dope the week before. This NFL is almost unwatchable.

I must have been mixed up about the clock?  I could've sworn the cowboys had to run one play before the two minute warning (following the field goal) because it was just over 2:00... maybe I'm wrong... I got a phone call right around the time that was happening.. sorry if I relayed it wrong.

Written By: loki 13 on 11/15/09 at 7:41 pm

Watching football today I was wondering how long this garbage they put on the field will last.
The WFL, USFL, XFL and the AFL have all folded because of lack intrest due to a poor product
put on the field. No one wants to watch bad football, unfortunately the NFL is headed in that
direction. There are no good teams just teams that aren't as bad as the others and that is not
good because the NFL is becoming unwatchable. I used to live for football Sunday but now ---
not so much.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/16/09 at 5:28 am

Well Belichek blew it BIG TIME.  Couldn't allow the team to go for the lowly punt, loses the game in the last 13 seconds.

Written By: ninny on 11/16/09 at 1:11 pm

Well Belichek blew it BIG TIME.  Couldn't allow the team to go for the lowly punt, loses the game in the last 13 seconds.

His ego got the best of him.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/16/09 at 10:35 pm

I sorta dig why he did it, but he sure made it easier for Peyton. 

Written By: MrCleveland on 11/17/09 at 4:40 pm

I was right about the 'Browns'.

They made themselves an embarassement of themselves, they can't even score on Monday Night!

Looks like The 'Browns' Season ended before it even began. Mangini is going to quit by the end of the year and the 'Browns' will be pwned by the NFL.

Written By: ninny on 11/18/09 at 6:21 am

The Bills finally got rid of Jauron :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/19/09 at 5:31 pm

http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/eagles_settle_for_field

http://www.theonion.com/content/news/patriots_lead_colts_at_halftime

Oh Onion...

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/20/09 at 12:32 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmonsnflpicks/091120

Actually, a pretty well-thought-out dissection of that dubious 4th-and-2 call...

Written By: loki 13 on 11/22/09 at 4:34 pm

It has to be an addiction, why else would I torture myself week after week. To sum it up in a nutshell;
the Saints and Colts are slightly above mediocre, the Vikings and Patriots are incredibly mediocre and
everyone else just plain sucks. I don't know where the NFL is headed but it ain't good.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/22/09 at 10:27 pm

I have noticed a lack of quality tackling lately.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/25/09 at 12:11 pm

RETRO TOY (2008) HORNY BILLS FANS: During a game against the Jets, Buffalo law enforcement officials arrested a couple having sex in a restroom of Ralph Wilson Stadium. I'm supposed to provide a clean punch line here, but everything I came up with includes the term "wide right."

Guffaw.  Turkey of the Year awards.

Written By: Frank on 11/25/09 at 4:24 pm

RETRO TOY (2008) HORNY BILLS FANS: During a game against the Jets, Buffalo law enforcement officials arrested a couple having sex in a restroom of Ralph Wilson Stadium. I'm supposed to provide a clean punch line here, but everything I came up with includes the term "wide right."

Guffaw.  Turkey of the Year awards.

I've been to a bar before where I saw something like that, except it was 2 guys in the woman's washroom. I may have posted this a few months ago.

Written By: loki 13 on 11/26/09 at 2:51 pm

I can't print what I want to say about Mike McCarthy. Your team is up 34-12 with 2:16 left in the game, what the hell
are you doing throwing the challenge flag out? This is the reason I know I couldn't be a ref because after I overturned
the ruling on the field I would've called 5 consecutive holding calls on Green Bay just for spite.

Written By: Frank on 11/26/09 at 3:49 pm

I can't print what I want to say about Mike McCarthy. Your team is up 34-12 with 2:16 left in the game, what the hell
are you doing throwing the challenge flag out? This is the reason I know I couldn't be a ref because after I overturned
the ruling on the field I would've called 5 consecutive holding calls on Green Bay just for spite.

I saw that too and wondered what he was doing throwing a challenge card with 2 minutes left. The game was pretty much over. What is he trying to prove? Did he think the Lions could score 3 TDs in 2 mins with Stafford as QB?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/28/09 at 11:47 pm

I said the same thing about the first challenge flag.  What an idiot. 

Written By: loki 13 on 12/06/09 at 2:29 pm

I'm torturing myself again and I don't get what these refs are seeing. So far the Eagles have been called for 3
extremely week personal fouls. I want the refs to call it truthfully, I want them to say, "Personal foul defense,
tackling the Mary's a little too hard and hurting their feelings. 15 yards and an automatic first down."

The league and the refs are taking the hitting out of the game. They are grown men getting payed very well
to play a game, let them freakin' play it.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/06/09 at 4:09 pm

I'm torturing myself again and I don't get what these refs are seeing. So far the Eagles have been called for 3
extremely week personal fouls. I want the refs to call it truthfully, I want them to say, "Personal foul defense,
tackling the Mary's a little too hard and hurting their feelings. 15 yards and an automatic first down."

The league and the refs are taking the hitting out of the game. They are grown men getting payed very well
to play a game, let them freakin' play it.

This may stem from the recent call by the commish re: concussions...

How about that Michael Vick eh?  :P  Talk about a big F-you to Atlanta, he played more today than he has in like the previous 10 games.

Written By: loki 13 on 12/06/09 at 4:23 pm

This may stem from the recent call by the commish re: concussions...

How about that Michael Vick eh?  :P  Talk about a big F-you to Atlanta, he played more today than he has in like the previous 10 games.

I understand the concern but they have to let them play football. Take away the big hit, then you take away the intimidation
factor. Either let them play or change the game to flag football.

I was surprised when Reid kept him in the game in the second half. It seemed he received a good response from the fans. However,
I still think he is nothing more than a gimmick and a distraction.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/06/09 at 6:15 pm

I do recall a lot of grousing about the "roughing the passer" penalties for even brushing the QB incidentally etc.  The helmet-to-helmet hits are bad though, I think they really crack down on those for obvious reasons.

Written By: ninny on 12/17/09 at 9:28 am

Cincinnati Bengals receiver Chris Henry has died, one day after suffering serious injuries upon falling out of the back of a pickup truck in what authorities describe as a domestic dispute with his fiancee.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said Henry died at 6:36 a.m. Thursday. Henry was 26.

Away from the team because of a broken arm, Henry was rushed to the hospital Wednesday after being found on a residential road "apparently suffering life-threatening injuries," according to police.

Police said a dispute began at a home about a half-mile away, and Henry jumped into the bed of the pickup truck as his fiancee was driving away from the residence.

Police said at some point when she was driving, Henry "came out of the back of the vehicle." They wouldn't identify the woman, and no charges were immediately filed.

Written By: Frank on 12/20/09 at 7:59 pm

Exciting game between Pittsburgh and Green Bay today.
I know Pitts D isn't great, but an on side kickoff with 4 minutes left when you are up by 2?

???

They botched it and Green bay has the ball at the Steelers 39 and scored. However, Steelers score with 0.00 left on the clock and win tho.

Written By: Frank on 12/24/09 at 11:40 am

Big battle for the wild card, esp in the AFC.
Denver is slipping. After going 0-6, the Titans have a chance. Who would have thought that.

Written By: Frank on 12/26/09 at 1:34 am

Vince Young laid an egg tonight. 8 for 21, 89 yds, 2 ints QB rating 11.9. Even Rex Grossman is better than that

Written By: Frank on 12/28/09 at 1:04 pm

AFC wild card race is just wacky!

Written By: danootaandme on 12/28/09 at 5:05 pm

Gotta feel bad for the Colts. Gelded by their own coach.

Written By: Frank on 12/28/09 at 5:10 pm

Gotta feel bad for the Colts.

yes and no. Back in 1972 when Miami went 14-0 in the reg season (I was a big Miami fan back then), there wasn't that pressure of "can we go undefeated?"

But now, the pressure can be too much. Maybe this will help the Colts in the end. (Didn't help New Orleans tho as they have lost 2 straight)

The coach is in a "lose lose" situation. If they win the Super bowl, everyone will say "See, you should have kept your starters in and then you would be undefeated"

If they don't win, they'll come back and say "See, you shouldn't have rested your starters. After that 1st loss, you lost all the momentum"

What to do?

Written By: loki 13 on 12/28/09 at 7:36 pm

I think it was more injury protection then resting the starters. I admire the guy's nads for doing it. He
cares more about a perfect post season than a perfect season. The Colts have nothing to gain or lose
in the remaining games so why risk a freak play and lose a key component. Just look at yesterday's injury
list and it might make sense.

Written By: Frank on 12/28/09 at 11:21 pm

I think it was more injury protection then resting the starters. I admire the guy's nads for doing it. He
cares more about a perfect post season than a perfect season. The Colts have nothing to gain or lose
in the remaining games so why risk a freak play and lose a key component. Just look at yesterday's injury
list and it might make sense.

I admire the guys nads too. A perfect season without a perfect postseason doesn't mean much ( ask New England). 

Written By: danootaandme on 12/29/09 at 6:02 am

I admire the guys nads too. A perfect season without a perfect postseason doesn't mean much ( ask New England). 

18 Wins - 1 Giant Loss

(had to say it!)

Written By: ninny on 12/29/09 at 8:55 am

The Bills looked like they had a chance in the beginning of the season, now the just look pathetic. >:(

Written By: Frank on 01/03/10 at 11:25 pm

NFL playoffs should prove to be interesting. Indy has lost 2 in a row, Saints have lost 3 in a row.

Looking forward to Baltimore/New England next week, and Dallas/Philly.

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/04/10 at 2:35 pm

It seemed that once the Browns acquired Holmgren...they got better with 4 wins in a row.

I just hope he keeps Mangini!

Written By: danootaandme on 01/04/10 at 2:49 pm

The Pats will be without Wes Welker.  Welker did his knee in at yesterdays game and will probably be out all next season as well.  He is the league leader in reception.  The odd part is that he went down without being hit, but the guy who was beside him and probably would have tackled him was Pollard, Pollard is the guy who sacked Brady, taking him out for a season with the same injury.  Strange but true.

Written By: Frank on 01/04/10 at 3:11 pm

The Pats will be without Wes Welker.  Welker did his knee in at yesterdays game and will probably be out all next season as well.  He is the league leader in reception.  The odd part is that he went down without being hit, but the guy who was beside him and probably would have tackled him was Pollard, Pollard is the guy who sacked Brady, taking him out for a season with the same injury.  Strange but true.

Pats will have their hands full with Baltimore. Looking forward to that game.

Written By: ninny on 01/07/10 at 1:20 pm

Pats will have their hands full with Baltimore. Looking forward to that game.

Let the fun begin.

Written By: Frank on 01/07/10 at 1:51 pm

Let the fun begin.

It will be a good weekend to watch NFL.

Written By: Frank on 01/08/10 at 1:06 pm

Jim More fired as Seahawks coach earlier this morning.

Written By: Frank on 01/09/10 at 7:39 pm

Jets beat Cincinnati. Or did Cinci beat themselves. Palmer was terrible, threw high so many times. Receivers also dropped balls.
FG kicker missed some easy ones ( NFL standard easy)

Will Dallas's D shut down Philly tonight?

Written By: ninny on 01/10/10 at 9:29 am

Jets beat Cincinnati. Or did Cinci beat themselves. Palmer was terrible, threw high so many times. Receivers also dropped balls.
FG kicker missed some easy ones ( NFL standard easy)

Will Dallas's D shut down Philly tonight?

I agree Palmer was bad in both games against the Jets, of course he was one of my quarterbacks in fantasy football.
Dallas finally won a playoff game :-\\

Written By: danootaandme on 01/10/10 at 3:24 pm

Ravens 33-Patriots 14

Belichik look suicidal

Written By: Brian06 on 01/10/10 at 4:57 pm

I love watching the Pats lose.  ;D

Written By: Frank on 01/10/10 at 7:50 pm

I had a feeling Pats might lose today.

Green Bay /Arizona..Both QB's had their way. Exciting game. 51-45 Arizona.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/11/10 at 6:28 pm

I had a feeling Pats might lose today.

Green Bay /Arizona..Both QB's had their way. Exciting game. 51-45 Arizona.

I have always been able to watch my team lose gracefully.  But not yesterday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/These-refs-will-never-be-accused-of-coddling-the?urn=nfl,212716

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/12/10 at 10:28 am

I have always been able to watch my team lose gracefully.  But not yesterday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/These-refs-will-never-be-accused-of-coddling-the?urn=nfl,212716

At least Rodgers sucked it up and didn't blame the refs.  The play prior should've been called for helmet-to-helmet, but this facemask was after the ball was already stripped so I think there was a chance AZ would have recovered and kept the ball anyway despite penalty...

Written By: Frank on 01/17/10 at 10:11 pm

Indy Vs Jets. Can Jets D stop Peyton? That is the key.

Saints Vs Vikings. I don't know what to expect there, potential high-scoring game. If Adrian Peterson starts running like he can, could be interesting.

Written By: Frank on 01/24/10 at 10:12 pm

Indy Vs Jets. Can Jets D stop Peyton? That is the key.

Saints Vs Vikings. I don't know what to expect there, potential high-scoring game. If Adrian Peterson starts running like he can, could be interesting.

Guess Jets D could only stop Manning in the 1st half. Indy was the better team
Saints Vs Vikings. Great game, despite all the Viking mistakes. Exciting ending.

Good to see the city of New Orleans in the Super Bowl. Hope they take it all.

Written By: loki 13 on 01/25/10 at 5:56 pm

I am not a Favre fan because his huge ego makes him do the stupid things like yesterday to lose games. All he had
to do was run for the sidelines, he would have at least made the yardage necessary for an easier field goal try.

before I get into my next observation I want to make it clear, the Vikings lost the game themselves. 12 men break
the huddle at that juncture of the game, after a time out --- unacceptable. Favre throwing across his body into traffic,
they deserved to lose. That being said, I think the refs had a hand in the Saints victory. I think, because he lost control
of the ball, the fourth down try was short. The ball should have been placed were he regained control of the ball, which
was short of the marker, not the forward progress spot they gave him. I also think the pass was incomplete. The receiver
was juggling the ball and used his arm, the ground and his thigh to control it. The new rule states that the ball can touch
the ground as long as the receiver has control, the ground cannot aid in control in which it did in this case. Finally, not only
was the ball uncatchable but there was no real contact for an interference call. Any contact came after the receiver was
already falling backwards and the ball was already by them.

Written By: Frank on 01/26/10 at 12:00 am

I am not a Favre fan because his huge ego makes him do the stupid things like yesterday to lose games. All he had
to do was run for the sidelines, he would have at least made the yardage necessary for an easier field goal try.

before I get into my next observation I want to make it clear, the Vikings lost the game themselves. 12 men break
the huddle at that juncture of the game, after a time out --- unacceptable. Favre throwing across his body into traffic,
they deserved to lose. That being said, I think the refs had a hand in the Saints victory. I think, because he lost control
of the ball, the fourth down try was short. The ball should have been placed were he regained control of the ball, which
was short of the marker, not the forward progress spot they gave him. I also think the pass was incomplete. The receiver
was juggling the ball and used his arm, the ground and his thigh to control it. The new rule states that the ball can touch
the ground as long as the receiver has control, the ground cannot aid in control in which it did in this case. Finally, not only
was the ball uncatchable but there was no real contact for an interference call. Any contact came after the receiver was
already falling backwards and the ball was already by them.

Agree with all your observations.

Check for new replies or respond here...