inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Serena Williams: "I WILL KILL YOU!"

Written By: whistledog on 09/13/09 at 5:47 pm

Serena Williams has defaulted at the U.S. Open for threats of violence towards a lines judge.  Did she really say what she was accused of ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-VxYvfwVas

Subject: Re: Serena Williams: "I WILL KILL YOU!"

Written By: Jessica on 09/13/09 at 7:22 pm

I heard that she said, "I swear to God, I will take this f*cking ball and shove it down your f*cking throat."

Not exactly a death threat, but still really bitchy and uncalled for.  Venus looked hella embarrassed.

Written By: gibbo on 09/13/09 at 8:57 pm

I know it sounded bad (and I'm not a great Williams fan) but .....  They were just words...she should have been fined/ penalised and they move on to the match conclusion... which would probably been a loss for her anyway.

Even if she did say she'd kill her... there is a big difference in saying those words while holding a gun or knife etc than saying them holding a tennis raquet...and in front of many thousand witnesses!

But I guess the world has become soooo sanitised and soooo sensitive. I'm glad it was not so back when John McEnroe was playing. he would never have finished a match at all!!!

Just my opinion .....

Written By: Jessica on 09/13/09 at 10:34 pm

I know it sounded bad (and I'm not a great Williams fan) but .....  They were just words...she should have been fined/ penalised and they move on to the match conclusion... which would probably been a loss for her anyway.

Even if she did say she'd kill her... there is a big difference in saying those words while holding a gun or knife etc than saying them holding a tennis raquet...and in front of many thousand witnesses!

But I guess the world has become soooo sanitised and soooo sensitive. I'm glad it was not so back when John McEnroe was playing. he would never have finished a match at all!!!

Just my opinion .....

Or, you know, she could have just kept her trap shut and taken the call like a professional.

Oh wait, professional behavior in sports doesn't exist anymore.

Written By: gibbo on 09/13/09 at 10:51 pm

Or, you know, she could have just kept her trap shut and taken the call like a professional.

Oh wait, professional behavior in sports doesn't exist anymore.

Yes, she could have done that...but then we wouldn't be talking about her today!  Tennis is so bland these days ..I like a bit of spice in it! I also hate the fact that the womens game is so focussed on what outfit they decide to wear.....and absolutely love it when they both come out in exactly the same outfit!!  ;D

Written By: Jessica on 09/13/09 at 10:54 pm

You just wanna look up their skirts. :D

Written By: gibbo on 09/13/09 at 11:16 pm

You just wanna look up their skirts. :D

I don't deny that there is a bit of that going on.... ;) ::)

Written By: whistledog on 09/14/09 at 5:02 pm

I wanna look down their tops.  The way they jump around the court, a boob is bound to pop out somewhere ;D

Written By: gibbo on 09/15/09 at 12:00 am

I wanna look down their tops.  The way they jump around the court, a boob is bound to pop out somewhere ;D

Now...I've been watching women's tennis for around 40 years now and I am yet to witness such a happening. I will continue to watch for another 40 years in hope.... ::)

Written By: Max Power on 09/15/09 at 11:14 am

That's something I would do to Adrian Wojnarowski for that article he wrote, but it'll never happen. ;D

Written By: danootaandme on 09/15/09 at 11:53 am

Brings us back to the McEnroe days.  He, and Jimmy Connors were always good for a show like that.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmJi_oc7t10

Written By: whistledog on 09/15/09 at 10:01 pm

Brings us back to the McEnroe days.  He, and Jimmy Connors were always good for a show like that.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmJi_oc7t10

I remember when he defaulted at the Australian Open in 1990 for his language abuse.  Apparently Serena got fined $10,000 for ber behaviour.  I can only imagine the fines that McEnroe got.  He was very angry back in the day.

Written By: danootaandme on 09/16/09 at 5:51 am

I remember when he defaulted at the Australian Open in 1990 for his language abuse.  Apparently Serena got fined $10,000 for ber behaviour.  I can only imagine the fines that McEnroe got.  He was very angry back in the day.

Angry?  He was a pissy little over privileged snot who never showed manners and never apologized.  He is also the commentator who criticized the Williams sisters for "not being humble enough".  I wish I had been there, I would have jumped into the booth and slapped him myself.

Written By: gibbo on 09/16/09 at 6:50 am

Angry?  He was a pissy little over privileged snot who never showed manners and never apologized.  He is also the commentator who criticized the Williams sisters for "not being humble enough".  I wish I had been there, I would have jumped into the booth and slapped him myself.

Now that's calling a spade a spade!    No, seriously...tell us what you think of McEnroe.... ;D

....and he always had a look on his face like he was sucking a lemon!

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/16/09 at 2:00 pm

I heard that she said, "I swear to God, I will take this f*cking ball and shove it down your f*cking throat."

Not exactly a death threat, but still really bitchy and uncalled for.  Venus looked hella embarrassed.
Certainly abusive behaviour.

Written By: MrCleveland on 09/20/09 at 4:18 pm

Here's Serena Williams playing Tennis (3:00-end)....

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1vdth_snoopy-tennis_people

Check for new replies or respond here...