inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Golf star Tiger Woods 'injured in car accident'

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/27/09 at 2:30 pm

Golfer Tiger Woods is in a serious condition after being involved in a car accident in Florida, according to US unconfirmed media reports.

The golfer's car reportedly struck a fire hydrant and tree as he pulled out of the driveway of his home.

Associated Press news agency, quoting the Florida Highway Patrol, says an inquiry into the crash is under way.

Woods, 33, was taken to Health Central Hospital, local reports said, but the hospital has not confirmed this.

The story was reported by the Orlando Sentinel newspaper, which also cited the Florida Highway Patrol.

An official was quoted as saying the accident was not alcohol related.

The airbags in the car did not deploy during the crash, the reports said, which would suggest a low speed of impact.

Woods owns a property in the suburb of Isleworth, an exclusive area near Orlando.

BBC Golf correspondent Ian Carter says the golf world is in a great deal of shock at the news of the accident.

Currently the world number one, Woods has won 14 major titles.

But after his last title, the US Open, in 2008, he disappeared from view to undergo reconstructive knee surgery. He has since made a triumphant comeback on the US professional circuit.

He is known for his strong desire for privacy, preferring to comment in public only on his sport, our correspondent adds.

He has become an international sporting icon since winning his first major in 1997 at the age of 21.

Subject: Re: Golf star Tiger Woods 'injured in car accident'

Written By: Frank on 11/27/09 at 2:45 pm

Let's hope this isn't more serious and he gets better soon.  We will know more as the day will develop, I am sure

Written By: Frank on 11/27/09 at 2:58 pm

From CNN

(CNN) -- Golfer Tiger Woods was taken to a Florida hospital after suffering facial injuries in a car crash early Friday, police said.

The one-car accident occurred about 2:25 a.m. near his home in Windermere, a suburb of Orlando, according to an incident report from the Florida Highway Patrol.

A statement from Woods' publicist and Health Central Hospital called the accident "minor," and said Woods was "admitted, treated and released today in good condition."

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/27/09 at 3:02 pm

He has suffered facial injuries nad had been released from hospital.

Written By: Frank on 11/27/09 at 4:56 pm

What was he doing out at 2:25 AM?

Written By: Jessica on 11/27/09 at 10:47 pm

More importantly, why was his wife around his car at that time with a golf club?

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/27/09 at 11:04 pm

Driving to a business venture?

Written By: Frank on 11/27/09 at 11:20 pm

More importantly, why was his wife around his car at that time with a golf club?

Driving to a business venture?

TMZ.com reports Tiger and his wife were having a little "domestic dispute", but not confirmed by the cops

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/27/09 at 11:57 pm

TMZ.com reports Tiger and his wife were having a little "domestic dispute", but not confirmed by the cops
Oh!!!

Written By: Frank on 11/28/09 at 12:07 am

Oh!!!

Maybe we shall hear more about this in the next few days. We shall see.

Written By: Foo Bar on 11/28/09 at 12:11 am

Maybe she had a problem with the way he was handling his wood.  You'd think he'd be a better driver than that.

Written By: Frank on 11/28/09 at 12:21 am

Maybe she had a problem with the way he was handling his wood.  You'd think he'd be a better driver than that.

Maybe he couldn't get a hole in one  :o

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/28/09 at 7:41 am

World number one golfer Tiger Woods faces police questions after a car accident near his home in Florida.

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/28/09 at 7:42 am

World number one golfer Tiger Woods faces police questions after a car accident near his home in Florida.
Golfer's wife Elin reportedly told police she smashed his car window with a golf club

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/28/09 at 11:48 pm

We wrote a parody. 

Written By: Frank on 11/29/09 at 12:00 am

We wrote a parody. 

On Tiger Woods crash and reason's why?
Please post it... :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 11/29/09 at 1:59 am

We wrote a parody. 
Please can we see it!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/30/09 at 10:41 am

Here we go.  Don't forget to post and comment and stuff :D

http://www.amiright.com/parody/misc/spiderman2.shtml

Written By: Frank on 11/30/09 at 12:14 pm

Funny Stuff Rice Cube. Like it.!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 11/30/09 at 6:32 pm

Cool, vote for it and tell your friends 8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/02/09 at 12:53 am

Florida police say Tiger Woods 'at fault' over his car crash, but will not face criminal charges

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/02/09 at 12:10 pm

Golf star Tiger Woods apologises to his family for his "transgressions" amid speculation about his private life following a car crash.

Written By: Frank on 12/03/09 at 1:09 am

Golf star Tiger Woods apologises to his family for his "transgressions" amid speculation about his private life following a car crash.

Entertainment tonight claims he has 3 mistresses. Way to go and screw up your life.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/03/09 at 1:10 am

Entertainment tonight claims he has 3 mistresses. Way to go and screw up your life.
Three over par?

Written By: Frank on 12/03/09 at 1:13 am

Three over par?

He should sleep in a deep bunker.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/03/09 at 1:15 am

He should sleep in a deep bunker.
Keep out of the rough?

Written By: Frank on 12/03/09 at 1:18 am

Keep out of the rough?

He keeps losing his balls

Written By: danootaandme on 12/03/09 at 4:43 am

Florida police say Tiger Woods 'at fault' over his car crash, but will not face criminal charges

What they could do to him only pales in comparison to what his wife is gonna do

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/03/09 at 2:28 pm

Still going...

Oh, play the game!

http://www.break.com/games/tiger-woods-wife-outrun.html

Written By: Frank on 12/03/09 at 4:39 pm

From Jesper Parnevik, pro golfer

A few days ago, we told you how in 2001, golfer Jesper Parnevik and his wife introduced their nanny, Elin Nordegren, to an up-and-coming young go-getter by the name of Tiger Woods. With all the revelations of late, seems Jesper isn't particularly happy with how Tiger has handled his marriage.

"I feel really sorry for Elin," he told The Golf Channel on Wednesday. "I would be especially sad about it since I'm kind of ... I really feel sorry for Elin, since me and my wife were at fault for hooking her up with him. We probably thought he was a better guy than he is. I would probably need to apologize to her and hope she uses a driver next time instead of the 3-iron."

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/04/09 at 1:42 am

Still going...

Oh, play the game!

http://www.break.com/games/tiger-woods-wife-outrun.html
Have it added to The Arcade.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/08/09 at 12:50 pm

Golf star Tiger Woods has released a statement on his website apologising to his family, amid continuing speculation about his private life following a car crash last week.

"I have let my family down and I regret those transgressions with all of my heart. I have not been true to my values and the behaviour my family deserves.
I am not without faults and I am far short of perfect. I am dealing with my behaviour and personal failings behind closed doors with my family. Those feelings should be shared by us alone.

Although I am a well-known person and have made my career as a professional athlete, I have been dismayed to realise the full extent of what tabloid scrutiny really means. For the last week, my family and I have been hounded to expose intimate details of our personal lives.

The stories in particular that physical violence played any role in the car accident were utterly false and malicious. Elin has always done more to support our family and shown more grace than anyone could possibly expect.

But no matter how intense curiosity about public figures can be, there is an important and deep principle at stake which is the right to some simple, human measure of privacy. I realise there are some who don't share my view on that.

But for me, the virtue of privacy is one that must be protected in matters that are intimate and within one's own family. Personal sins should not require press releases and problems within a family shouldn't have to mean public confessions.

Whatever regrets I have about letting my family down have been shared with and felt by us alone. I have given this a lot of reflection and thought and I believe that there is a point at which I must stick to that principle even though it's difficult.

I will strive to be a better person and the husband and father that my family deserves. For all of those who have supported me over the years, I offer my profound apology."

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/08/09 at 12:52 pm

Tiger Woods' mother-in-law is in a stable condition after being taken from his Florida home in an ambulance in the early hours.

Written By: nally on 12/08/09 at 12:53 pm

Tiger Woods' mother-in-law is in a stable condition after being taken from his Florida home in an ambulance in the early hours.

I heard about that on the news this morning.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/08/09 at 12:55 pm

I heard about that on the news this morning.
I believe the condition she is suffering from is food poisoning.

Written By: nally on 12/08/09 at 12:56 pm

I know this is a week old now, but I just happened to click on it and read through it. I didn't vote or comment yet, though. When I do, it'll be 5s. O0

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/10/09 at 1:07 pm

It has just occured to me that "Tiger" Woods is only doing what male cats get up to...

Written By: Frank on 12/10/09 at 2:33 pm

Keep hearing more stories about him, nude photos that Playgirl might get, drinking binges, him taking pills...etc..
And I heard he and wife and getting away from it all and going to Sweden..of course, how much of all this is true?

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/10/09 at 2:33 pm

Keep hearing more stories about him, nude photos that Playgirl might get, drinking binges, him taking pills...etc..
And I heard he and wife and getting away from it all and going to Sweden..of course, how much of all this is true?
Only time will tell.

Written By: nally on 12/10/09 at 10:06 pm

Only time will tell.

Sometimes I don't know what to believe when I hear about rigamarole such as this.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/11/09 at 4:15 pm

Lawyers for Tiger Woods obtain an order stopping UK media reporting on certain information purportedly about the world number one.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/11/09 at 10:02 pm

I have gotten tired of it.  I wish they would move on to something else.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/12/09 at 3:03 am

US golfer Tiger Woods says he is taking an indefinite break from the sport, after publicly admitting his "infidelity" for the first time.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/12/09 at 1:28 pm

Gillette has become the first major sponsor of Tiger Woods to distance itself from the golf star after the storm over his private life.

Written By: danootaandme on 12/12/09 at 5:41 pm

Gillette has become the first major sponsor of Tiger Woods to distance itself from the golf star after the storm over his private life.

Sad in all this is that the bulk of his endorsement money went to his charity.

Written By: nally on 12/12/09 at 9:01 pm

Sad in all this is that the bulk of his endorsement money went to his charity.

I know..

I have gotten tired of it.  I wish they would move on to something else.

Same here. I wish this whole mess had never even started in the first place.

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/13/09 at 7:19 am

Tiger Woods's caddie Steve Williams strenuously denies having any knowledge of the world number one's "infidelity".

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/22/09 at 1:04 am

PGA Tour chief Tim Finchem accepts Tiger Woods's absence from the circuit will have an impact on golf but insists it is not all "doom and gloom".

Written By: nally on 02/18/10 at 2:15 pm

He is now scheduled to make a public statement tomorrow.

Written By: Frank on 02/19/10 at 12:25 am

He is now scheduled to make a public statement tomorrow.

I am not gonna watch it.
His statement is weeks too late.

Written By: nally on 02/19/10 at 12:27 am

I am not gonna watch it.
His statement is weeks too late.

I don't intend to see it either. You are so right about it being too late though.

Written By: whistledog on 02/21/10 at 8:53 am

His wife was not there to see his apology.  You never know.  She may forgive him.  Hilary forgave Bill.  Kathie Lee forgave Frank.  In the world of celebrities, you never know what goes on or what will go on.

Written By: danootaandme on 02/23/10 at 7:37 am

This whole thing makes me vomit.  He should not have been coerced into this public apology crap, and what is with people that they think he owes them an apology?  He owes his wife, he owes his family, that is all.  The other women...he doesn't owe them sheeshe and I would say their tears are more for the money he was shelling out on them, and the hopes that a nice settlement could come their way. They knew what they were getting into.  There are a lot of people in this world who owe the public an apology, media stars are at the bottom of the list.

Written By: Philip Eno on 08/23/10 at 2:38 pm

Tiger Woods confirms he and his wife Elin Nordegren have finalised their divorce

Check for new replies or respond here...