inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Player of the decade

Written By: Frank on 12/08/09 at 1:03 am

As the decade is winding down, thought I'd create a topic for PLAYER OF THE DECADE for the major team sports  (2000-2009)

BASEBALL, BASKETBALL, FOOTBALL ( NFL), HOCKEY, SOCCER:

Who gets your vote?

My choices are:

BASEBALL: Albert Pujols
BASKETBALL: Kobe Bryant
FOOTBALL ( NFL): Peyton Manning
HOCKEY: Martin Brodeur
SOCCER: Ronaldinho (Brazil)

Subject: Re: Player of the decade

Written By: loki 13 on 12/12/09 at 9:12 pm

Frank, I've been thinking about this for awhile and you have good choices, very hard to dispute.
Eventually I'll come up with my list and it maybe the same but I'm thinking LeBron James for NBA
and maybe Ray Lewis for the NFL. Pujols is hard to argue as is Brodeur. I'll think on it for awhile longer
and see what I can come up with.

Subject: Re: Player of the decade

Written By: Frank on 12/15/09 at 1:40 pm

Most choices weren't easy.
MLB: I don't feel there was a dominant pitcher throughout the decade, except Rivera. Thought about him, I also considered A-rod of course, and Bonds.
NFL: I thought about Ray Lewis, Tom Brady, Tomlinson, but I chose Manning coz he had a good year every year.
NHL: Brodeur or Lidstrom. I chose Brodeur because after Scott Stevens, Daneyko and Niedermayer left, he was still dominant
NBA: I considered Lebron, but he hasn't played all decade. Iverson, Duncan, Nash were also good, but Kobe is the best. (Even tho I'm not a fan)
Soccer: I thought also of Zidane as well, and Christiano Ronaldo.

Check for new replies or respond here...