inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Former Raiders QB Jamarcus Russell: Is he the biggest NFL draft bust ever?

Written By: tv on 05/08/10 at 4:28 pm

I can;t believe the Raiders spent such a high pick on this guy. I mean just look at what the way things turned out. I mean number 1 I watched this guy play last year against the Giants and he didn;t even know how to secure the ball properly when moving around in the pocket with the ball in his hands. Giant defenders when Russell was moving around with the ball would just slap the ball out of Russell hands and he would fumble the ball. I mean I never played football but I would think in Pop Warner they would teach you how to properly secure the ball without fumbling it. Number 2 the guy would throw the ball to the other team too much.

Now Russell can join names like Curtis Enis, Rashaan Salaam, Akilii Smith, Andre Ware, Heath Shuler, Ryan Leaf, Rick Mirer, Mike Williams, Todd Maronovich, and Brian Bosworth as famous NFL drfat busts.

I know names get thrown  out there like Steve Ethman or Ki-Jana Carter as draft busts but they were injured alot those 2 players. People call Tony Mandorich a bust but he actually had an average tenure with the Indianapolis Colts after not panning out with the Packers.

Subject: Re: Former Raiders QB Jamarcus Russell: Is he the biggest NFL draft bust ever?

Written By: Frank on 05/08/10 at 4:36 pm

Biggest bust ever?
Ryan Leaf comes to mind ( included in your list) as the biggest bust ever.
Russell is right up there with him.

Check for new replies or respond here...