inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: NBA 2010-2011 Season

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/29/10 at 1:31 pm

The NBA is starting their season and there's one thing I have to say...

How does it feel to get booed at everywhere you go, LeButthead? If you STAYED in Cleveland, you could score 30+ points, rather than 10-30 points! You wouldn't be booed...you would STILL be the chosen one!...

Besides...your old team, The Cavaliers are doing okay without you!

Subject: Re: NBA 2010-2011 Season

Written By: nally on 10/29/10 at 7:59 pm

The NBA is starting their season and there's one thing I have to say...

How does it feel to get booed at everywhere you go, LeButthead? If you STAYED in Cleveland, you could score 30+ points, rather than 10-30 points! You wouldn't be booed...you would STILL be the chosen one!...

Besides...your old team, The Cavaliers are doing okay without you!

Good one! ;)

I wonder how the Lakers will do this year... (And possibly the Clippers.)

Written By: Frank on 10/29/10 at 8:16 pm

I hope Miami doesn't win, nor the Lakers (NBA's version of the yankees) , Kobe Bryant is pretty much #1 on Athletes I dislike the most.

Written By: MrCleveland on 10/30/10 at 1:55 pm

I hope Miami doesn't win, nor the Lakers (NBA's version of the yankees) , Kobe Bryant is pretty much #1 on Athletes I dislike the most.

Kobe is now #2 and LeButthead is #1!

And the Cavs lost to the Raptors, I just hope they're not 41-41 this year!

Written By: nally on 10/30/10 at 1:59 pm

Oh yeah that's right, I keep forgetting some people don't much care for a certain team. But I still root for Lakers because they are my local team, just like the Dodgers in MLB and the Kings in NHL.

Written By: Frank on 10/30/10 at 5:25 pm

Oh yeah that's right, I keep forgetting some people don't much care for a certain team. But I still root for Lakers because they are my local team, just like the Dodgers in MLB and the Kings in NHL.

Just like peolel in NY cheer for the Yankee, it's their home team..

Written By: nally on 10/30/10 at 10:33 pm

^yeah; if I lived in NY I'd probably be inclined to show the Yankes some support, and always cheer against certain other teams. But I've never even been to the East Coast. (I'd like to go someday, however.)

Written By: MrCleveland on 12/03/10 at 12:51 am

If you watched the Cavs/Heat Game...the tables REALLY have turned! Miami is going to win it all and Cleveland will be in Seattle next year...they didn't even try!

And no...there isn't even going to be a next year in the Mistake-on-the-Lake! (Now you can tell I'm probably going to keep my Scrooge avatar up for awhile, even after Christmas is over)! >:( >:( >:(

Written By: nally on 12/03/10 at 12:28 pm

Lakers are suddenly on a downturn! :o ::)

Written By: tv on 12/05/10 at 12:28 pm

Well, it looks like the Miami Heat have it together now after the players only meeting a week ago in winning 4 straight games since the players only meeting.

I have high hopes for the Utah Jazz but like usual they'll flop in the playoffs to the Lakers again. I mean they don't have anybody to stop Kobe. They got Raja Bell in the offseason for that purpose but he is 34 years old. I don't think he is the same player he was in his first stint with the Jazz or his lone stint with the Suns. I;'m glad to see they got a big guy like Al Jefferson at least he can hold the paint area down against Odom or Gasol. Gasol and Odom used to kill the Jazz under the rim the past few years.

Btw, the Jazz beat the Heat earlier this year in Miami in overtime. That was when the Jazz came back from like 22 points down and Paul Milsap went mad for like 46 points.

Written By: tv on 12/05/10 at 12:37 pm

I like the Yankees but I started liking the Yankees when they sucked in the early 90's. Do you remember when the Yankees had players like Mell Hall, Roberto Kelly(his first stint with the Yankees), Steve Sax, Pat Sheridan. and Hensley Muellens? Thats when they sucked in the early 90's. They weren't good till 1993 when they got Wade Boggs, Melido Perez, Mike Gallego, and Jack McDowell.

Written By: tv on 12/05/10 at 12:57 pm

Good one! ;)

I wonder how the Lakers will do this year... (And possibly the Clippers.)
Yeah that Blake Griffin guy is going to be pretty good! The Clippers did beat the Spurs the other night and that was the first time they beat the Spurs in like 3 years. I think the Spurs were like 15-1 or 15-2 coming into that game with the Clippers.

Written By: MrCleveland on 12/05/10 at 6:18 pm

I still feel that The Cavs will be like the Titanic, unless we sign a good player that won't be as cocky as LeButthead.

But I still think it'll be the Magic vs. the Celtics in the Eastern Finals.

Written By: nally on 12/05/10 at 7:10 pm

I still feel that The Cavs will be like the Titanic, unless we sign a good player that won't be as cocky as LeButthead.

But I still think it'll be the Magic vs. the Celtics in the Eastern Finals.

...in which case I would root for Orlando.

Written By: nally on 12/05/10 at 7:12 pm

Yeah that Blake Griffin guy is going to be pretty good! The Clippers did beat the Spurs the other night and that was the first time they beat the Spurs in like 3 years. I think the Spurs were like 15-1 or 15-2 coming into that game with the Clippers.

A couple weeks or so ago, the Clippers were off to a terrible start! (They won only one of their first thirteen games or something like that.) Now they're 4 and 16.

Written By: tv on 12/10/10 at 4:05 pm

Oh well the Jazz lost to the Heat the other night.

Written By: nupur on 12/10/10 at 9:55 pm

Well, the Celtics are doing pleasingly well  :). Let's hope they keep it up.

Written By: tv on 12/11/10 at 4:01 pm

How about those New York Knicks? Amar'e Stoudemire has done wonders for them, he is now even an MVP Candidate.

Hopefully The Heat, Knicks, and Bulls will all renew the rivalries with each other!

Written By: tv on 12/14/10 at 6:23 pm

I was thinking about this today: 2 teams that started out good are on losing skids. Golden State and New Orleans started out fast but now have hit the skids. Why does Golden State every year try to be Phoenix(2004-2010)? Golden State doesn;t have speciality players like Boris Diaw, Joe Johnson, Tim Thomas, Kurt Thomas, Quientin Richardson, Raja Bell, Channing Frye, Grant Hill, or Shawn Marion. They don't have any of these players. I mean they played like Phoenix towards the end of the 2006-2007 season and it worked out for them in beating Dallas as an 8th seed in the first round of the playoffs. Then in 2007-2008 they missed the playoffs but finished 48-34 in being the most winning team to fail to make the playoffs. Then after that season they lost Baron Davis to the Clippers in free agency and it was basically down there from there. Maybe they had the personal to play like Phoenix for a season a half but not in the past few years have they had that.

As for New Orleans they started 11-1 and they traded Peja Stojavic. Ok granted he is not the player he was with the Sacramento Kings or the Indiana Pacers but you started out 11-1 with him and you trade him? That doesn't make any sense. New Orleans hasn't cracked  100 points in 13 games I think.

Written By: MrCleveland on 12/16/10 at 12:02 pm

I was thinking about this today: 2 teams that started out good are on losing skids. Golden State and New Orleans started out fast but now have hit the skids. Why does Golden State every year try to be Phoenix(2004-2010)? Golden State doesn;t have speciality players like Boris Diaw, Joe Johnson, Tim Thomas, Kurt Thomas, Quientin Richardson, Raja Bell, Channing Frye, Grant Hill, or Shawn Marion. They don't have any of these players. I mean they played like Phoenix towards the end of the 2006-2007 season and it worked out for them in beating Dallas as an 8th seed in the first round of the playoffs. Then in 2007-2008 they missed the playoffs but finished 48-34 in being the most winning team to fail to make the playoffs. Then after that season they lost Baron Davis to the Clippers in free agency and it was basically down there from there. Maybe they had the personal to play like Phoenix for a season a half but not in the past few years have they had that.

As for New Orleans they started 11-1 and they traded Peja Stojavic. Ok granted he is not the player he was with the Sacramento Kings or the Indiana Pacers but you started out 11-1 with him and you trade him? That doesn't make any sense. New Orleans hasn't cracked  100 points in 13 games I think.

After the Cavs lost to LeButthead's Heat...(at home, not last night)...The Cavs dropped 9 and The Heat won 10.

The Tables REALLY turned and Cleveland is cursed (Now you know why I made a 'Seven Curses of Cleveland' Page).

Written By: tv on 12/27/10 at 5:53 pm

After the Cavs lost to LeButthead's Heat...(at home, not last night)...The Cavs dropped 9 and The Heat won 10.

The Tables REALLY turned and Cleveland is cursed (Now you know why I made a 'Seven Curses of Cleveland' Page).
The one thing I never got about the Cavaliers when LeBron was even there is they never had a consistent 2nd scorer as a second option to Lebron. I think that was the reaon that LeBron left. The last team to win an NBA Championship without a consistent 2nd scorer was the Houston Rockets who won 2 championships back to back in 1993-1994 and 1994-1995 seasons. I mean Robert Horry was their 2nd scoring option  but he pops out at you as a clutch scorer not a consistent 2nd scorer throughout the whole game. I mean even the cinderlla 2003-2004 Detroit Pistons who won it all I mean they had players that could hurt you scoring the ball: Billups, Hamilton, Corliss Williamson,Tayshaun Prince and Rasheed Wallace. They didn't have just 2 guys that could hurt you they had 5!

Written By: tv on 01/01/11 at 12:46 pm

One of the worse things the Utah Jazz ever did was let Wesley Matthews go to Portland and he is having a great year playing for the Blazers. He could have been done what  Jeff Malone or Jeff Hornacek had done for them in the past. Lets see they let shooting guards like Ronnie Brewer and Kyle Korver go to other teams in the last 9 months. Now I see why Deron Williams was upset about the Ronnie Brewer trade when it happened during the second half of last season. My initial reaction of Deron Williams getting upset about the Brewer trade was Brewer is just a role player. Now they gotta pay Williams at the end of next season which I think is 50/50 if they do or don't. Denver might get Williams because Melo is not gonna stay which opens up room in the salary cap and they are not gonna stay with Chauncey Billups for that much longer I mean he is getting older. Chauncey might be a good fit with Orlando if they trade Jameer Nelson away. I mean Chauncey doesn't have to be "Mr. Big Shot" for the Magic they way he does for Denver and did for Detroit.

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/12/11 at 6:10 am

The Cavs lose big to the Lakers 112-57...The Cavs only scored 57 points making that the WORST game The Cavs ever played.

Their might as well move their lack-of-talents to Seattle!

Written By: nally on 01/12/11 at 11:36 am

The Cavs lose big to the Lakers 112-57...The Cavs only scored 57 points making that the WORST game The Cavs ever played.

Their might as well move their lack-of-talents to Seattle!

...and possibly one of the most lopsided scores in an NBA game! :o

Written By: tv on 01/15/11 at 5:59 pm

...and possibly one of the most lopsided scores in an NBA game! :o
I remember the Heat-Cavs game in like late 1991. I think the final score was like 110-68 in favor of the Cavs. Thats was when Miami was basically like a new team like 4 years into their existence. They had players like Glen Rice, Kevin Edwards, Rony Siekly, and Sherman Douglass and you lose that bad though?

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/16/11 at 10:26 am

...And now LeButthead HAD the nerve to put Cleveland down by saying Karma is on his side and Bad Karma came to Cleveland because they let me go....

YOU WANTED TO GO TO MIAMI, DAMMIT!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Fart Modell wasn't this cocky when he took his talent to Baltimore, MJ wasn't this cocky when he was on the Bulls, but you LeButthead and your heat lost 3 in a row after your comment!

I'm rooting for the Celtics right now for one thing and one thing only...they're one of the few teams that can kick LeButthead's team The Heat's ass from here to eternity.

And I think The Cavs will have the worst record ever in their franchise....

Written By: nally on 02/11/11 at 12:25 pm

Lakers were down by 15 points at one moment in last night's game against the Boston Celtics, but managed to beat 'em 92-86.

Written By: tv on 02/11/11 at 4:30 pm

I was shocked Jerry Sloan resigned as coach of the Jazz. I didn't see it coming but they haven't played well in the last dozen games. I like getting Ty Corbin as coach and I think he will have success. He did play for the team from 1991-1994. I think having Sloan last so long was amazing. I mean how many old school coaches in the NBA lasted during the whole entire decade 00's except for Sloan, Don Nelson and Phil Jackson? I'm dissapointed the Jazz were supposed to compete with the Lakers this year but yet this season has been a dissapointment. If Deron Williams leaves we will be the Clippers. I mean Williams might go to the Lakers or the Knicks.  Utah is just not an attractive place for free agents. Free Agents want to play in Boston, New York, Miami, Orlando or Los Angeles. If the Jazz move next door to Nevada maybe the team would be attractive to free agents! 

Written By: nally on 02/12/11 at 12:26 pm

The longest NBA losing streak is over. The Cavs beat the Clippers last nite 126-119, to stop their skid at 26. They still have a dismal record, though.

Written By: nupur on 02/23/11 at 3:40 pm

Some interesting trades before the trade deadline: Melo to the Knicks (as expected) and Deron Williams to the Nets (very unexpected). The Melo trade especially shakes up the East -- my Celtics must watch their backs now! The Williams trade is very strange, especially since Sloan stepped down recently. Williams is understandably unhappy with the trade.

Written By: tv on 02/23/11 at 3:57 pm

Some interesting trades before the trade deadline: Melo to the Knicks (as expected) and Deron Williams to the Nets (very unexpected). The Melo trade especially shakes up the East -- my Celtics must watch their backs now! The Williams trade is very strange, especially since Sloan stepped down recently. Williams is understandably unhappy with the trade.
He is unhappy of the trade because the Nets are a bad team and he doesn't want to be on a bad team. Weird the Jazz trade him to the pro basketball team in my state. I just never saw that coming. All the Nets have is Brooke Lopez. The Jazz actually did well in this deal. I like Devin Harris. Derrick Favors is still a project in my opinion.

Written By: nupur on 04/17/11 at 2:08 pm

Hey, everyone, it's Playoffs season!

Games yesterday (4/16)
In the East:
I was really hoping the Pacers could pull off a Game 1 road win over Chicago, but they weren't able to hold on in the last 3-4 minutes of the game.
Philly was playing well against the Heat in the beginning, but then went downhill as well relatively soon and the Heat won.
Orlando pretty much got owned by Atlanta.

In the West:
Dallas beat Portland.

Today (4/17)
San Antonio is currently ahead against Dallas in the 3rd quarter.
New Orleans vs. Los Angeles
New York vs. Boston
Denver vs. OKC

Written By: nupur on 04/17/11 at 8:53 pm

WOW! That Knicks vs. Celtics game was AMAZING. Ray Allen was SO CLUTCH with that 3 at the end!

Written By: tv on 04/19/11 at 2:30 pm

How about Derrick Rose vs the Pacers the last 2 games? 39 points in Game 1 and Game 2 scores 36 points. I never knew he was this good. I watched him when he was in college on TV I mean he was a nice college player but he wasn't that good then.

Pacers coach Frank Vogul said this about Rose: He has Michael Jordan's athleticism, Allen Iverson's speed, and Chauncey Billups's jump shot.

Written By: nupur on 04/19/11 at 4:52 pm

How about Derrick Rose vs the Pacers the last 2 games? 39 points in Game 1 and Game 2 scores 36 points. I never knew he was this good. I watched him when he was in college on TV I mean he was a nice college player but he wasn't that good then.

Pacers coach Frank Vogul said this about Rose: He has Michael Jordan's athleticism, Allen Iverson's speed, and Chauncey Billups's jump shot.

Yeah, Rose is most definitely playing the best basketball out of anyone in the league right now.

Written By: tv on 04/25/11 at 3:53 pm

I never expected the Atlanta Hawks to be leading the Orlando Magic 3 games to 1. I do think however Jason Richardson cost the Magic in Game 4 because of his suspension because he went nuts at the end of Game 3 in slapping the Hawks ZaZa Pauchullia in the face.  I mean what was Jay Rich thinking doing that?

Written By: nupur on 04/26/11 at 10:01 pm

I never expected the Atlanta Hawks to be leading the Orlando Magic 3 games to 1. I do think however Jason Richardson cost the Magic in Game 4 because of his suspension because he went nuts at the end of Game 3 in slapping the Hawks ZaZa Pauchullia in the face.  I mean what was Jay Rich thinking doing that?

I can't stand Zaza. I feel like he could be a villain in a James Bond film.

Written By: tv on 04/28/11 at 1:03 pm

Oh well the Memphis Grizzlies had a chance to close out the Spurs last night but didn't. It took a long 3 by the Spurs Gary Neal to send the game into OT and I think the Girzzlies were deflated after that 3. I was really impressed by Zack Randolph I mean he plays hard and Lionel Hollins has done a good job in coaching the Grizzlies. Those players really play hard for Hollins.

Written By: nally on 04/28/11 at 10:11 pm

Lakers finished their playoff round over the New Orleans Hornets...final score 98 to 80.

Written By: tv on 05/06/11 at 3:05 pm

How about Ron Artest? He wins the J. Walter Citizenship award in the 2010-2011 season than he gets suspended for Game 3 against the Mavs for a Flagrant 2(fouls) for knocking Mavs guard J.J. Barrea in the head with his arm. I think its funny enough Artest won the Citzenship Award but then he gets suspended for a game.

Written By: nupur on 05/06/11 at 8:38 pm

How about Ron Artest? He wins the J. Walter Citizenship award in the 2010-2011 season than he gets suspended for Game 3 against the Mavs for a Flagrant 2(fouls) for knocking Mavs guard J.J. Barrea in the head with his arm. I think its funny enough Artest won the Citzenship Award but then he gets suspended for a game.

Ha! So ironic! I'm not really a fan of Artest...or the Lakers in general.

Written By: nupur on 05/08/11 at 11:35 am

So, the Lakers are down 3 games to none. Let's see if they can win today against the Mavs.

As for last night, Rondo played that fourth quarter basically while missing an arm and the Heat did nothing to try and pressure him. Pierce started out the game with great energy and KG finished with it. The C's just need to come back tomorrow night with the same intensity. KG is furious about the play between Wade and Rondo that got Rondo injured. I'm hoping that fuels something in him, and also in the rest of the team.

Written By: tv on 05/13/11 at 12:36 pm

Rick Adelman going to coach the Lakers? I don't know about that. He's a good coach but I think Adelman should just retire I mean he has been coaching for awhile(a little over 2 decades.) Sometimes it just time to time to hang it up and I think its Adelman's time. I liked him with Portland and Sacramento though. I mean he might still be with Houston if not for Yao Ming's injury problems.

As far as the Miami-Chicago series goes I like Miami in 7 games. I just don't see how Chicago is gonna stop Lebron and D-Wade to win this series. Chicago only has 1 superstar in Derrick Rose so that probably won't be enough to take the series.

I just want to say this about the Atlanta Hawks: they need guys that can break you down off the dribble. I mean they are a jump shooting team which won't get you to the NBA Finals. I mean Joe Johnson is a good 2nd scoring option on a team but a 1st scoring option? No. I mean Josh Smith looks like Rasheed Wallace of the Pistons back in 2007 and 2008 in that he gets disinterested in the game at times. I mean I saw him in Game 2 against the Bulls he stands out on the perimeter on one play all alone but doesn't move without the ball. I mean he has to move on that play.

Written By: tv on 06/13/11 at 8:55 am

Well "The Best Team"  in the Dallas Mavericks actually won the NBA championship instead of a collection of superstars. I am happy for Dirk at least he won't go down in NBA History like Barkley, Karl Malone, Stockton, and Kevin Johnson as a great player never to win an NBA championship. I mean Dirk had one of the playoff performances all playoffs in NBA History this year. Nice to see some team like Dallas win rather than the big market teams like Boston, LA Lakers, or the Bulls. I'm not taking anything away from those teams its just good to see a different team win the championship and the Mavs have never won a chamionship till now. I mean teams like Utah during the late 80's/1990's, Sacramento Kings of 2001-2004, and the Phoenix Suns sprinkled around the last 20+ years never won a championship.

Written By: nally on 06/13/11 at 7:14 pm

Well "The Best Team"  in the Dallas Mavericks actually won the NBA championship instead of a collection of superstars. I am happy for Dirk at least he won't go down in NBA History like Barkley, Karl Malone, Stockton, and Kevin Johnson as a great player never to win an NBA championship. I mean Dirk had one of the playoff performances all playoffs in NBA History this year. Nice to see some team like Dallas win rather than the big market teams like Boston, LA Lakers, or the Bulls. I'm not taking anything away from those teams its just good to see a different team win the championship and the Mavs have never won a chamionship till now. I mean teams like Utah during the late 80's/1990's, Sacramento Kings of 2001-2004, and the Phoenix Suns sprinkled around the last 20+ years never won a championship.

Congratulations to the Mavericks on their first NBA title. :) Glad they won it.

Written By: tv on 06/15/11 at 12:57 pm

Whats amazing about the Mavs is they didn't have a real 2nd scoring option with Caron Butler injured. I mean Jason Terry is a 3rd scoring option on any other team.

Check for new replies or respond here...