inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Picksburgh Stillers Going for #7

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/24/11 at 5:50 am

Well the Jets have been vanquished, and my hometown Sixburgh Stillers  8) , led by two-time quarterback Big Perv Roethlisberger, are headed to their eighth Super Bowl appearance and will strive for a record-setting 7th SB victory over the Packers.  :)

In 2005 we finally achieved "One for the Thumb"
In 2009 we obtained "One for the Other Thumb"
This year we go for "One for the Other Index Finger"

Who knows?  In 2012 we might get "One for the Other Middle Finger"  ;D

Long a favorite  of rappers and gangster rappers, the Stillers have a rap, "Black and Yellow", courtesy of hometown MC Whiz Khalifa. (Never mind that in most of the video, Whiz is wearing a Pirates cap  ;D )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UePtoxDhJSw

Subject: Re: Picksburgh Stillers Going for #7

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/24/11 at 11:40 am

I'm amazed that the initial Vegas line was Packers by 3.

Written By: tv on 01/24/11 at 12:40 pm

Hey the Steelers are a great organization with the Rooney's running the operation. Mike Tomlin is a good coach and they have a hall of fame Defensive Cooridinator in Dick LeBeau. I do wonder sometimes without LeBeau there rather their defense would be this good. Yeah I was rooting for the Jets yesterday but you have to respect the Steelers.

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/24/11 at 12:51 pm

2009 was the year that The Stealers said "One for the Middle-Finger"!

And as for watching the Stupid Bowl...I'm not spending one second watching the damn game! (Not even for the commercials)!

Anything on Stupid Bowl Sunday that's NOT The Stupid Bowl?

Written By: Henk on 01/24/11 at 1:17 pm

I'll be the first to admit that I know little to nothing about American Football, so excuse me for meddling in...

Being a cheesehead myself (though admittedly not from Wisconsin) I'm rooting for the Packers. They've come a long way this season...who'd have thought they'd make it to the Super Bowl? (I know I didn't!) They've nothing to lose, they've nothing to prove, and... they have The Freezer. :D

Written By: LyricBoy on 01/24/11 at 5:13 pm

I'll be the first to admit that I know little to nothing about American Football, so excuse me for meddling in...

Being a cheesehead myself (though admittedly not from Wisconsin) I'm rooting for the Packers. They've come a long way this season...who'd have thought they'd make it to the Super Bowl? (I know I didn't!) They've nothing to lose, they've nothing to prove, and... they have The Freezer. :D

Well the Packers are certainly a sentimental favorite and it is hard to root against them.

Except when they play against my Picksburgh Stillers.  :P

Written By: Rice_Cube on 01/24/11 at 10:36 pm

Well the Packers are certainly a sentimental favorite and it is hard to root against them.

Except when they play against my Picksburgh Stillers.  :P

Eh, you can wait until next year.  Let the cheeseheads win.

Written By: MrCleveland on 01/25/11 at 6:19 am

In the past, Pittsburgh's Economy was revolved around steel...

Today, Pittsburgh's Economy is basically revolved around The Steelers!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/06/11 at 11:41 pm

Yeah, wait till next year ;)

Written By: MrCleveland on 02/08/11 at 5:41 am

Look Pittsburgh...you STILL have One More than Dallas and San Francisco!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 02/11/11 at 10:33 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q1SjClDz50

LAWLZ.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Crazy-Italian-Packers-fan-celebrates-on-the-Supe?urn=nfl-319633

Check for new replies or respond here...