inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: NFL season 2012

Written By: warped on 09/18/12 at 3:19 pm

We're already into week # 2.
New Orleans is 0-2, 
So many teams at 1-1 right now.  Too early to predict anything.

Who are you cheering for?
Who are you cheering against  ;D

Lots of people think Houston will do well this year, they are 2-0.

Some calls by the refs so far have been  8-P, but they are replacement refs.
I'll get into the NFL more when baseball season ends.

Subject: Re: NFL season 2012

Written By: tv on 09/23/12 at 7:29 pm

The Eagles boy they got the doors blown off by the Cardinals of all teams. The Cardinals have like 4 good players on the team(Darnell Dockett, Larry Fitzgerald, Patrick Peterson, and Beenie Wells.)  Of course as a New York Football fan I don't mind the Eagles getting their doors blown off!

Written By: loki 13 on 09/23/12 at 7:57 pm

The Eagles boy they got the doors blown off by the Cardinals of all teams. The Cardinals have like 4 good players on the team(Darnell Dockett, Larry Fitzgerald, Patrick Peterson, and Beenie Wells.)  Of course as a New York Football fan I don't mind the Eagles getting their doors blown off!

You say the Cardinals of all teams as if the Cardinals were a bad football club. The Cardinals have been playing
real well as of late and their Defense is one of the best in the league. Don't forget they went into New England
and beat the Patriots last week.

The Eagles however are not a good football club, the fact they are 2-1 is a complete surprise to me.I never wanted
the Eagles to sign Michael Vick and it had nothing to do with his personal life or troubles. It has everything to do
with the fact that he is not a good Quarterback. The Eagles will not win so long as Vick is at the helm.

Written By: warped on 09/23/12 at 8:50 pm

Cardinals are a good club.
I watched some of the Detroit game. Nice finish for them  in regulation.

I'm surprised Philly is 2-1 as well. So are NYG and the Cowboys.  Lots of hype in the pre-season was how experts thought Houston would do well. So far they are 3-0.

Written By: tv on 09/23/12 at 8:56 pm

Cardinals are a good club.
I watched some of the Detroit game. Nice finish for them  in regulation.

I'm surprised Philly is 2-1 as well. So are NYG and the Cowboys.  Lots of hype in the pre-season was how experts thought Houston would do well. So far they are 3-0.
Yeah they are doing this without Mario Williams who left for Buffalo during the offseason.

Written By: warped on 09/24/12 at 7:34 am

..and I have to add, nice to see New England be under .500 (1-2 after 3 games)  Was that game ending kick that Baltimore had good?  Wow, it was close. Even the "real" refs would have had a hard time with that one.

Together, New England, New Orleans & Pittsburgh are 2-7.  :o

Written By: nally on 09/24/12 at 12:15 pm

And so, after 3 games, 3 teams are unbeaten (each with a record of 3-0): Houston Texans, Atlanta Falcons, and Arizona Cardinals.

Written By: tv on 09/24/12 at 7:01 pm

Tory Smith of the Ravens having a big game against the Pats like that after his brother dieing on Saturday was inspirational I would have to say.

Oh yeah Bellicheck needs to be fined or suspended for a game for putting his hands on a referee like that.

I hope Ed Reed wins a Super Bowl. I hate to say him go out as a great player but not have a ring. The Ravens never beat the Steelers in a big spot in the playoffs. Last year they should have beat the Pats in the AFC Championship Game. Yes they would have been a tougher opponent for my Giants in the Super Bowl last year than the Pats I realize because of their defense. I hope Ed wins a Super Bowl but just not against the Giants!

Written By: warped on 09/25/12 at 7:05 am

Packers got screwed in the last play of the game. Interception. It looked like an int when I saw it live. It looked like an int when I saw the replay. The fact it was called a TD and went for a review and still called a TD, amazes me.

NFL replacement refs....maybe they are nice guys...but...man.....sheesh.
They still have more integrity than Fox news...but it's slipping.

Written By: loki 13 on 09/25/12 at 4:20 pm

Packers got screwed in the last play of the game. Interception. It looked like an int when I saw it live. It looked like an int when I saw the replay. The fact it was called a TD and went for a review and still called a TD, amazes me.

NFL replacement refs....maybe they are nice guys...but...man.....sheesh.
They still have more integrity than Fox news...but it's slipping.

I didn't see the play live and only saw one replay so I will hold my opinion on the call untill I see more.
One thing I noticed is that everyone wants the replacement refs gone so that may skew their view of
what happened a little more than if it were a normal game. Just as there are no such thing as a tie in
baseball, there is no such thing as a simultaneous catch. Questionable possession always goes to the
offensive team.

As I was typing the above statement the replay was being shown on TV and I am now able to give an opinion.
First, There was an obvious push off right before the catch that should have been called on Tate. Second, clear
possession belonged to Jennings. For a split second Tate seemed to have the ball cradled and that is when the
TD was signaled but to me Jennings had possession when he hit the ground and it should have been called that
way.

Forget the replacement refs for a minute, the play was reviewed in the booth. Booth Officials aren't replacements
they are the regular guys. They are the ones who blew the call so be mad at them.

Written By: tv on 09/25/12 at 4:53 pm

Get the regular refs back. Roger Goodell must step in and say enough is enough. Settle the problem with the regular refs now!

Written By: warped on 09/25/12 at 8:06 pm

I didn't see the play live and only saw one replay so I will hold my opinion on the call untill I see more.
One thing I noticed is that everyone wants the replacement refs gone so that may skew their view of
what happened a little more than if it were a normal game. Just as there are no such thing as a tie in
baseball, there is no such thing as a simultaneous catch. Questionable possession always goes to the
offensive team.

As I was typing the above statement the replay was being shown on TV and I am now able to give an opinion.
First, There was an obvious push off right before the catch that should have been called on Tate. Second, clear
possession belonged to Jennings. For a split second Tate seemed to have the ball cradled and that is when the
TD was signaled but to me Jennings had possession when he hit the ground and it should have been called that
way.

Forget the replacement refs for a minute, the play was reviewed in the booth. Booth Officials aren't replacements
they are the regular guys. They are the ones who blew the call so be mad at them.

Excellent analysis. I'm concerned (in a warped sort of way) that the booth officials didn't reverse the call as they didn't want the refs to feel bad.  :-[    What were the booth officials thinking.

Written By: meesa on 09/25/12 at 8:36 pm

Excellent analysis. I'm concerned (in a warped sort of way) that the booth officials didn't reverse the call as they didn't want the refs to feel bad.  :-can review and overturn? I thought the booth review was only to validate the points or some such technical narrow verification..like I said I could be wrong.

Written By: meesa on 09/25/12 at 8:40 pm

http://jerseyal.com/GBP/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Packers-Seahawks1.gif

can't you see this is the land of confusion..

Written By: tv on 09/25/12 at 10:09 pm

http://jerseyal.com/GBP/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Packers-Seahawks1.gif

can't you see this is the land of confusion..
I am looking at the replay you posted. The ref is waving his hands for touchback. The other ref at the same time is signaling Touchdown. The ref that signaled Touchback was correct.  I know Tate was battling for the ball once the other ref came over. It is a tough call to make on the field now that I can see what the other ref was looking at but on replay you have to get that right but they says it can't be overtrned because of a possesion type of rule. I know former ref Gerri Austin was saying that today on ESPN today that possesion of the ball can't be overturned by replay or something to that effect.

Thanks for the replay angle by the way now I can see what the refs saw  as the play was developing. Better replay(well angle wise)than what ESPN had!

Written By: loki 13 on 09/26/12 at 6:55 pm

Agree with the call being wrong, both the missed push off and the interception turned touchdown. Really not fair to GB, and now NFL has to hope that down the road it does not affect their playoff chances. Now as to the booth review, correct me if I am wrong, but is that something that the booth can review and overturn? I thought the booth review was only to validate the points or some such technical narrow verification..like I said I could be wrong.

What is reviewable: Did the ball hit the ground, did the players step out of bounds. In the case of
a simultaneous catch, possession is reviewable only in the endzone so yes it could have been overturned.

I use the term for clarity but it is only a simultaneous catch if both players maintain control throughout the
process. An opposing player cannot reach in after a catch and claim it as simultaneous which was the case
on this play. Now if both players were standing and Tate wrestled it away it be a TD but since they both hit
the ground Jennings should have been down by contact.

Written By: warped on 09/28/12 at 4:55 am

The NFL officials are back!

Games I am looking forward to this weekend: GB Vs NO. Can New Orleans go 0-4?
Buffalo  Vs New England. I'm not a Bills fan, but it would be nice to see the Pats & 1-3.

NYG Vs Phi.  The late game on Sunday.

Written By: warped on 10/01/12 at 8:15 pm

New Orleans is now 0-4. Wow.

Houston Texans are 4-0. Things haven't looked this good for an NFL franchise in Houston since they had Earl Campbell.

Written By: tv on 10/02/12 at 10:37 am

New Orleans is now 0-4. Wow.

Houston Texans are 4-0. Things haven't looked this good for an NFL franchise in Houston since they had Earl Campbell.
Well no The Oilers before they moved to Tennesee and became the Texans they were pretty good in he early portion of the 90's. Remember players Warren Moon, Chris Dishman, Drew Hill, Ernest Givens, Haywood Jeffries, Curtis Duncan, William Fuller, Sean Jones, and Bruce Matthews? The loss to the Bills in which the blew a 35-3 halftime lead in the 1993 Wild Card Game destroys whatever legacy that that team had. Forget the running back for that team.

Written By: warped on 10/14/12 at 3:24 pm

I'm not a huge fan of Baltimore, but nice to see them beat Dallas today.

And Atlanta. Wow. Massive field goal at the end of that game, Ryan had a sub par day, but Falcons are 6-0.

Written By: meesa on 10/15/12 at 1:24 pm

I'm not a huge fan of Baltimore, but nice to see them beat Dallas today.

And Atlanta. Wow. Massive field goal at the end of that game, Ryan had a sub par day, but Falcons are 6-0.

Any day that Dallas gets beat is a good day!  ;D ;D

Written By: warped on 10/15/12 at 2:20 pm

Any day that Dallas gets beat is a good day!  ;D ;D

I used to like the Cowboys back when they had Tony Dorsett, Ed "too tall" Jones, Roger Staubach & Tom Landry as coach.
I began to dislike them after they got Michael Irvin and they were **Americas team**.    And it doesn't help I didn't like Jerry Jones.
Recently, seems every year Cowboys do well until December and then fall apart. It must be tough for their fans.
Some of it can be blamed on Romo, but lots of things can't.

Written By: tv on 10/16/12 at 4:51 pm

Baltimore is screwed with Ray Lewis out the rest of the season now. This was suppposed to be "the year" that they got to the Super Bowl. Doesn't look like its gonna happen this season. Oh well.

Written By: warped on 10/16/12 at 9:56 pm

Baltimore is screwed with Ray Lewis out the rest of the season now. This was suppposed to be "the year" that they got to the Super Bowl. Doesn't look like its gonna happen this season. Oh well.

That is such a tough break for Baltimore.  I just hope the injury isn't career threatening.

Written By: tv on 10/18/12 at 6:26 pm

That is such a tough break for Baltimore.  I just hope the injury isn't career threatening.
Well Baltimore will get Terrell Suggs back this week but he doesn't have the leadership skills team wise that Lewis has.

Written By: warped on 10/19/12 at 2:48 pm

Another Jets/Patriots game this weekend. One of these teams will have 4 losses in their first 7 games.

Written By: warped on 10/28/12 at 7:25 pm

For those of you who didn't see the Steelers game today or watched highlights, look at their uniforms today. Warning, you may need protective glasses.

8-P

Written By: tv on 10/28/12 at 7:33 pm

For those of you who didn't see the Steelers game today or watched highlights, look at their uniforms today. Warning, you may need protective glasses.
8-P
The uniforms look like a bumble bee.

The Giants won by a finger! The Cowboys Wide Reciever Dez Bryant had his finger in the end zone as he caught what thought to be the game winning touchdown pass.

The Jets sucked today.

Written By: warped on 10/28/12 at 7:37 pm

The uniforms look like a bumble bee.

The Giants won by a finger! The Cowboys Wide Reciever Dez Bryant had his finger in the end zone as he caught what thought to be the game winning touchdown pass.

The Jets sucked today.

Bumble bee. That's about right.
I was watching the Cowboys/Giants game. I thought Dallas took the lead there but Bryant's fingers did touch the white. Correct call. Other than those 4 int's, Romo did alright.  ::)

Jets are in trouble. With injuries, maybe just tuning out Rex, and Sanchez isn't getting any better. I don't think Tebow is the answer at QB either.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 10/28/12 at 7:59 pm

Went to Arrowhead today to watch the Chiefs take on the Raiders. Needless to say, they got their asses handed to them as usual.

The Chiefs are a joke.  :P

Written By: tv on 10/28/12 at 8:18 pm

Bumble bee. That's about right.
I was watching the Cowboys/Giants game. I thought Dallas took the lead there but Bryant's fingers did touch the white. Correct call. Other than those 4 int's, Romo did alright.  ::)

Jets are in trouble. With injuries, maybe just tuning out Rex, and Sanchez isn't getting any better. I don't think Tebow is the answer at QB either.
Yeah getting Tebow was a mistake even though Skip Bayless on ESPN liked it! Sanchez he was pretty good last week but I don't know what happened this week with him. I didn't see the game actually but the final score pretty much explains itself. I like Rex and he took the Jets to 2 championship games in his first 2 years here.

Written By: warped on 10/28/12 at 8:44 pm

Went to Arrowhead today to watch the Chiefs take on the Raiders. Needless to say, they got their asses handed to them as usual.

Besides the score, good atmosphere at Arrowhead?

Yeah getting Tebow was a mistake even though Skip Bayless on ESPN liked it! Sanchez he was pretty good last week but I don't know what happened this week with him. I didn't see the game actually but the final score pretty much explains itself. I like Rex and he took the Jets to 2 championship games in his first 2 years here.

I think the team might be tuning Rex out now, they aren't the same team as 2 years ago.  Maybe some injuries account for that.

Written By: meesa on 10/29/12 at 8:36 am

Watched them on the tube. I guess I am a glutton for punishment.  :\'( Taking a lot of flack for (still) being a Chiefs fan..but someone's gotta cheer for them!

There is a group of disgruntled fans wanting to force a blackout on the 11/18 game.  They are calling themselves "SaveOurChiefs"-they're the ones that flew the banner over Arrowhead yesterday calling for the boycott/blackout.

And the Steelers uniforms... :P

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/dc9/stryper-club-nokia.jpg

Written By: warped on 11/11/12 at 3:07 pm

The last of the undefeated are gone, Atlanta loses to New Orleans today.
Somewhere, Don Shula is smiling.  ;)

Written By: danootaandme on 11/23/12 at 6:42 am

Can't go without mentioning that at the Thanksgiving Day game between the Pats and Jets the Pats scored 3 touchdowns in 52 seconds, and were ahead by 35 points in the half.    :o  Final score 49 to 19.  I was watching and couldn't believe what I saw myself, but it was true.  It's bad when the QB(Sanchez) fumbles the ball by running into his own guard.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012112202/2012/REG12/patriots@jets#menu=highlights&tab=recap

Written By: warped on 11/23/12 at 6:52 am

Can't go without mentioning that at the Thanksgiving Day game between the Pats and Jets the Pats scored 3 touchdowns in 52 seconds, and were ahead by 35 points in the half.    :o  Final score 49 to 19.  I was watching and couldn't believe what I saw myself, but it was true.  It's bad when the QB(Sanchez) fumbles the ball by running into his own guard.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012112202/2012/REG12/patriots@jets#menu=highlights&tab=recap

When it was 35-0 for New England and the Jets kicked a last second clutch field goal to make it 35-3, I thought to myself.."If only the Jets could kick 11 more field goals, they'd take the lead."    ::)

Rex Ryan is running out of time there.  I know the Jets have some injuries, but 35 points in the 2Q, really embarrassing for them.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/23/12 at 9:13 am

When it was 35-0 for New England and the Jets kicked a last second clutch field goal to make it 35-3, I thought to myself.."If only the Jets could kick 11 more field goals, they'd take the lead."    ::)

Rex Ryan is running out of time there.  I know the Jets have some injuries, but 35 points in the 2Q, really embarrassing for them.

They Pats didn't as much win the game as the Jets threw the game away.  I don't think anyone watching could believe what they were seeing, especially the Jets fans in the stands.

Written By: warped on 12/10/12 at 6:01 am

The Arizona Cardinals. After starting the year at 4-0, they have lost 9 straight games.

Adrian Peterson (Min) has rushed for 1600 yards. He has 3 games to get to 2000 yards. (133.33 yards a game).
Might happen...but one of Min's games is againt Houston, they have a great run defense.

Written By: warped on 12/16/12 at 3:47 pm

Adrian Peterson (Min) has rushed for 1600 yards. He has 3 games to get to 2000 yards. (133.33 yards a game).
Might happen...but one of Min's games is againt Houston, they have a great run defense.

AP rushed for 212 yards today, He's about 300 yards short of the NFL record. Minny has 2 games left, against GB & HOU. Green Bay's run D is about average, Houston's is excellent. Anyone think he will make it?

Written By: warped on 12/16/12 at 5:20 pm

The Seattle Seahawks have put up more than 100 points in two weeks.

I never saw that coming.

Written By: warped on 12/18/12 at 8:18 am

You know things are bad when....

The Jets/Titans game.

Tim Tebow attempts 1 pass in the game, goes 0 for 1...but still has a higher QB rating in the game than Sanchez.  :-\\

Written By: warped on 12/30/12 at 12:54 pm

Last week of the NFL regular season, playoffs begin next week. Looking forward to the playoffs.

Written By: warped on 12/30/12 at 5:35 pm

Congrats to Adrian Peterson on reaching 2,000 yards rushing this year (watching the game right now)

Written By: loki 13 on 12/30/12 at 6:21 pm

A dismal season is finally over, Andy Reid is officially gone, we'll see what happens from here.

Written By: warped on 12/31/12 at 8:39 am

A dismal season is finally over, Andy Reid is officially gone, we'll see what happens from here.

A terrible year for Philadelphia. I assume Vick will be gone too?

Written By: warped on 12/31/12 at 8:42 am

With Denver having the #1 seed in the east, do we give the MVP to Peyton Manning?
Does Adrian Peterson ger it for rushing almost 2,100 yards?
Perhaps Tom Brady? Matt Ryan?

Written By: warped on 01/07/13 at 2:10 pm

Games this Sunday:

AFC:
Baltimore at Denver
Houston at New England

NFC: Green Bay at San Francisco
Seattle at Atlanta

I'm saying the home teams will win in the AFC. Not too sure about the NFC. Hard to belive Matt Ryan hasn't won a playoff game yet.

Written By: meesa on 01/07/13 at 2:55 pm

Games this Sunday:

AFC:
Baltimore at Denver
Houston at New England

NFC: Green Bay at San Francisco
Seattle at Atlanta

I'm saying the home teams will win in the AFC. Not too sure about the NFC. Hard to belive Matt Ryan hasn't won a playoff game yet.

My pics for winners:
Baltimore
New England

San Francisco
Atlanta

:) Now watch me be all wrong!  ;D It is wishful thinking more than anything.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 01/14/13 at 11:35 am

There were some thrilling games this weekend.

The playoffs are the best part of the season.  ;)

Written By: warped on 01/14/13 at 11:54 am

My pics for winners:
Baltimore
New England

San Francisco
Atlanta

:) Now watch me be all wrong!  ;D It is wishful thinking more than anything.

4 for 4. O0

There were some thrilling games this weekend.

The playoffs are the best part of the season.  ;)

Seattle/Atlanta was great, and so was Baltimore/Denver. Ray Lewis lives on to play another week. 
Yes, playoffs are the most exciting parts. Two weeks in a row, 2 games on Saturday & Sunday.

I'll pick New England & San Fran for next week.  If NE makes it to the Super Bowl, they will be happy Eli Manning isn't on the other side ;D

Written By: warped on 01/20/13 at 4:00 pm

So far ATL/SF is  a huge offensive showdown. :)

Written By: warped on 01/20/13 at 5:08 pm

Another great game as "NFC champs" SF comes back from trailing 17-0 to win 28-24.

Written By: tv on 01/21/13 at 6:30 pm

The Super Bowl is now called "The Harbaugh Bowl" for this year anyway!

Written By: warped on 01/21/13 at 6:32 pm

Baltimore Vs SanFran.
I thought Denver was gonna beat Baltimore. Then I thought the Patriots would. I haven't picked Baltimore yet, so I will pick them now to win.

Subject: Re: NFL season 2012-13 / Super Bowl XLVII

Written By: nally on 02/03/13 at 9:18 pm

So...has anybody watched the Super Bowl?

Subject: Re: NFL season 2012-13 / Super Bowl XLVII

Written By: nally on 02/03/13 at 9:48 pm

So...has anybody watched the Super Bowl?

Final score: Baltimore Ravens 34, San Francisco 49ers 31

Written By: warped on 02/04/13 at 7:45 am

I watched most of it. It turned into an exciting game when the power went out. I also expected a power outlet to be named MVP. Good for Baltimore, good for Joe Flacco (who really hasn't had much respect until there playoffs) and way to end a career by Ray (I didn't do it) Lewis.

Written By: warped on 02/08/13 at 6:39 am

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c8.0.403.403/p403x403/529395_10152543581030377_1975258449_n.jpg

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 02/08/13 at 5:09 pm

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s78/AL-B_photos/chevychase_zps401e616f.jpg

;D

Check for new replies or respond here...