inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2012-13 NHL Hockey season

Written By: warped on 09/21/12 at 2:03 pm

(winds blowing in the distance....)

(1 tunbleweed drifts by...)

...waiting for action.

Subject: Re: 2012-13 NHL Hockey season

Written By: warped on 10/13/12 at 12:52 pm

***yawn***

Written By: nally on 11/01/12 at 1:42 pm

Not gonna happen this month... :(

However, from what I found on Wikopedia, they might start it on the 1st of next month...

Written By: warped on 11/01/12 at 1:48 pm

However, from what I found on Wikopedia, they might start it on the 1st of next month

There are no talks planned between the players union & NHL owners side. They are (seemingly ) far apart. Just today, Don Cherry (Canadian hockey icon) said an NHL season is not likely.
Greedy owners & greedy players.

I hope no one buys tickets ( fans & corporations) when they decide to return, so that they both suffer financially.
And fire Gary Butthead. Ah, he might take over for David Stern ( NBA) when he retires. Good riddance.

Written By: nally on 11/01/12 at 1:59 pm

There are no talks planned between both sides. They are (seemingly ) far apart. Just today, Don Cherry (Canadian hockey icon) said an NHL season is not likely.

I've heard similar reports the last few days...

Written By: warped on 11/01/12 at 2:01 pm

I've heard similar reports the last few days...

Sorry, I just amended my original post a little, but it shouldn't have affected your response, I think.

Written By: danootaandme on 11/01/12 at 5:26 pm

Forget NHL  High School and College games are just as good, cheaper, and usually less crowded.

Written By: warped on 11/04/12 at 12:17 pm

Forget NHL  High School and College games are just as good, cheaper, and usually less crowded.

Pretty much agree, the said can be said for AHL games and OHL games.   
I hope the owners lose lots of money during this lockout, and the best thing the fans can do is to NOT BUY TICKETS and DON'T GO TO ANY NHL GAMES when the league returns.  Hit the owners and players where it hurts, their wallets.

Written By: warped on 11/13/12 at 12:11 pm

Still no season.
And by this time last year, The Columbus Blue Jackets were pretty much mathematically eliminated from the NHL playoffs.

Congratulations to Joe Sakic, Pavel Bure, Adam Oates and Mats Sundin, in being inducted to the Hockey Hall of fame last night.

Joe was the best of the class this year.

Written By: Jason R on 11/13/12 at 10:10 pm

Once NHL resumes the fans should have their own lock out, watch the games but don't go to any.

There's a rink near me that has college games.  I took my 10 year old son a game.  It was a pretty good games.  After the game the players spent lots of time with the fans, we talked to some of them about the game, there were even some little kids asking for autographs, and the players were very happy to stop and talk to them.  My son thinks of them as pros, he doesn't know the difference.

Written By: belmont22 on 11/22/12 at 2:53 am

Go Canucks! Or Sharks, I'm a fan of both.

Written By: nally on 11/30/12 at 6:57 pm

Still no season.

Yep... and now, on the last day of November, it still seems that way. :(

Written By: warped on 12/01/12 at 12:23 pm

Yep... and now, on the last day of November, it still seems that way. :(

(Me yelling at the NHL powers....shakes fist)  Just cancel the damn season already!

Written By: loki 13 on 12/01/12 at 6:45 pm

(Me yelling at the NHL powers....shakes fist)  Just cancel the damn season already!

They should. What is this, the second time in seven years a professional league loses a season? The powers to
be, erroneously, think the fans will welcome them back with open arms. Both factions must realize, that without
the fans they have no product. All sports leagues are pricing the average fan right out of the arena. With a weak
economy, who'll want to shell out good money to a franchise that don't have a product every other year? I used
to go to 10 or more Flyers games a year, that has already dwindled to 2 or 3. I doubt I will go at all anymore even
though there is 3 teams I have yet to see.

Written By: warped on 12/04/12 at 3:19 pm

They should. What is this, the second time in seven years a professional league loses a season? The powers to
be, erroneously, think the fans will welcome them back with open arms. Both factions must realize, that without
the fans they have no product. All sports leagues are pricing the average fan right out of the arena. With a weak
economy, who'll want to shell out good money to a franchise that don't have a product every other year? I used
to go to 10 or more Flyers games a year, that has already dwindled to 2 or 3. I doubt I will go at all anymore even
though there is 3 teams I have yet to see.

At least the players and owners have 1 thing in common: Greed.

Due to high ticket prices, I haven't attended a game in years.  I'm certain most Canadian fans will return when the NHL resumes. A quick forgiveness.  We might lose a couple of southern US teams if the lockout last for a year.

Written By: warped on 12/07/12 at 10:24 am

Funny 2 minute video (in Mandarin with English subtitles) on the recent developments in the NHL lockout.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lP24tFBZufs&feature=youtu.be

Written By: nally on 12/13/12 at 4:16 pm

No games through January :( :-\\

Written By: loki 13 on 01/05/13 at 4:06 pm

I don't know how true it is, I am looking for confirmation but according to some the lockout is over
and a 50 game season will be played.

Written By: warped on 01/05/13 at 4:14 pm

I don't know how true it is, I am looking for confirmation but according to some the lockout is over
and a 50 game season will be played.

I'm watching our CDN sports networks. I haven't heard anything yet.  The only thing I have heard is that talks are going well.

Whether an agreement is reached or not, I still despise Bettman & Fehr.  ;D

Written By: loki 13 on 01/05/13 at 4:20 pm

Whether an agreement is reached or not, I still despise Bettman & Fehr.  ;D

Agreed.

I was watching the NHL network and nothing there yet either. The Boy is the one that told me,
he'd seen it on nhl lockout on twitter.

Written By: warped on 01/05/13 at 4:26 pm

Agreed.

My love (and millions of fans) love of hockey is dependent on 2 egoistic individuals who have no love at all for the game. All they care is about $. The product is diluted, too many teams, too many teams in locations where it's going to eventually fail. No proactive approach to head injuries, only reactive. The players are basically guiney pigs and pieces of meat getting headshots, the suspensions are so inconsistent. I'm tired of Bettman's arrogance, his smirk. 

Spoiled owners, spoiled players.

I've watched a few junior games and the World Juniors (USA just won gold this morning), and the hockey is really good.

Written By: loki 13 on 01/05/13 at 4:33 pm

Digging a little further I found it came from a source not authorized to say but said so anyway, we know
what that means though. I'm not getting my hopes up.

According to people on facebook, not my account, a press conference is forth coming around 6:00 pm est
We know how reliable facebook is.  ::)

My love (and millions of fans) love of hockey is dependent on 2 egoistic individuals who have no love at all for the game. All they care is about $. The product is diluted, too many teams, too many teams in locations where it's going to eventually fail. No proactive approach to head injuries, only reactive. The players are basically guiney pigs and pieces of meat getting headshots, the suspensions are so inconsistent. I'm tired of Bettman's arrogance, his smirk. 

Spoiled owners, spoiled players.

I've watched a few junior games and the World Juniors (USA just won gold this morning), and the hockey is really good.

I think that was one of the sticking points, teams in locations not conducive to hockey expect the other teams to
foot their bill. I am sorry but Florida, Texas, Georgia or Tennessee are not hockey states

Written By: warped on 01/05/13 at 4:39 pm

Digging a little further I found it came from a source not authorized to say but said so anyway, we know
what that means though. I'm not getting my hopes up.

According to people on facebook, not my account, a press conference is forth coming around 6:00 pm est
We know how reliable facebook is.  ::)

I'm not getting my hopes up until it's done. And if it's done "WHY DIDN'T THEY DO THIS DEAL IN JULY OR AUGUST!"

(looks for newspaper...locates sports section....finds photo of Bettman...rips up page, throws it on the floor...wife looks at me with bizarre look on her face)  :D

Written By: loki 13 on 01/05/13 at 6:01 pm

I'm not getting my hopes up until it's done. And if it's done "WHY DIDN'T THEY DO THIS DEAL IN JULY OR AUGUST!"

The more time that passes the more my hopes dwindle. I didn't want to post anything at all but I
wanted to find out if you or anyone else had heard anything to cofirm or refute the claims. I would
really hate to see another season go into the tank because of greed.

Written By: warped on 01/05/13 at 6:35 pm

The more time that passes the more my hopes dwindle. I didn't want to post anything at all but I
wanted to find out if you or anyone else had heard anything to cofirm or refute the claims. I would
really hate to see another season go into the tank because of greed.

There is a dealine of next Thursday. If no deal is reached, season might be cancelled. This is the last ditch effort. If talks breaks off completely here, it's over.

Written By: warped on 01/06/13 at 7:13 am

NHL deal finally reached about 2 hours ago. "WHY DIDN'T THEY DO THIS SAME DEAL IN AUGUST OR SEPTEMBER!"

Season to begin between Jan 15 & Jan 19, depending on a 48 or 50 game schedule.

Written By: nally on 01/06/13 at 7:37 pm

NHL deal finally reached about 2 hours ago. "WHY DIDN'T THEY DO THIS SAME DEAL IN AUGUST OR SEPTEMBER!"

Season to begin between Jan 15 & Jan 19, depending on a 48 or 50 game schedule.

We'll see what happens, I guess.

Written By: loki 13 on 01/19/13 at 6:15 pm

It was good to see a hockey game today, a very good hockey at that even though the Flyers lost. One
thing I have to say about NBC and their coverage.....

You Suck!

It may sound like sour grapes, let me rephrase that, it is sour grapes but I don't give a rat's ass about the LA
Kings, their rings or the cup. It was advertised as a 3:00 pm est start time. If I knew that I would have to wait
40 minutes for the Flyers game to start I would have done something else. The anticipation of finally getting
a puck drop was lessened by having to sit through garbage, like I care who the Kings massage therapist is.
Anyway, I am glad that hockey is back.

Written By: warped on 01/20/13 at 2:02 pm

It was good to see a hockey game today, a very good hockey at that even though the Flyers lost. One
thing I have to say about NBC and their coverage.....

You Suck!

It may sound like sour grapes, let me rephrase that, it is sour grapes but I don't give a rat's ass about the LA
Kings, their rings or the cup. It was advertised as a 3:00 pm est start time. If I knew that I would have to wait
40 minutes for the Flyers game to start I would have done something else. The anticipation of finally getting
a puck drop was lessened by having to sit through garbage, like I care who the Kings massage therapist is.
Anyway, I am glad that hockey is back.

Flyer/Pens game was TV delayed because everyone coz of the Kings cup ceremony? That's dumb.

I don't watch hockey on NBC much (I stay with CDN TV), is Pierre "I have to talk all the time" Mcguire still there on NBC?
How about the annoying Mike Milbury?

Does NBC focus on Crosby (as if he's the savior of the Universe) just like Canadian networks do?

Written By: loki 13 on 01/20/13 at 2:20 pm

I don't watch hockey on NBC much (I stay with CDN TV), is Pierre "I have to talk all the time" Mcguire still there on NBC?
How about the annoying Mike Milbury?

Yes, I can't stand either. I had to endure those dopes again today.

Does NBC focus on Crosby (as if he's the savior of the Universe) just like Canadian networks do?

Yes again. Every stoppage you have to gaze at his mug.

Written By: warped on 01/20/13 at 2:28 pm

Yes again. Every stoppage you have to gaze at his mug.

Same here as on Canadian TV.  Malkin could score 3 goals, get 2 assists in a game, but if Crosby scores 1, they'll show Crosby's goal over and over, and every stoppage we have to gaze at his mug too.

Written By: nally on 01/24/13 at 12:28 am

L.A. Queens...er, Kings... are winless through two games played. :(

Written By: warped on 01/24/13 at 7:01 am

L.A. Queens...er, Kings... are winless through two games played. :(

Flyers are 0-3, Washington is 0-2. Season is still young.

Written By: nally on 01/24/13 at 5:35 pm

Flyers are 0-3, Washington is 0-2. Season is still young.

Of course.

But it's a shorter season this year. Still, anything can happen.

Written By: warped on 01/24/13 at 8:07 pm

I'm currently watching the Montreal/Washington game. Washington is playing poorly. I feel bad for Adam Oates.

Written By: danootaandme on 01/25/13 at 3:21 am

The big news in Boston is the planned movie about Derek Sanderson.  Sanderson's life proves that you can be a drunk thug and do whatever you want as long as you can play the game, but it will be sold as a movie of "redemption".

Written By: warped on 01/25/13 at 6:40 am

The big news in Boston is the planned movie about Derek Sanderson.  Sanderson's life proves that you can be a drunk thug and do whatever you want as long as you can play the game, but it will be sold as a movie of "redemption".

I read a book of his "I've got to be me" years ago. Haven't read "Crossing the line" yet. Yeah..he had it all and threw it all away.

Written By: warped on 02/07/13 at 1:32 pm

I just picked up the book "Crossing the line" from the Library today. Hoping it's a good read.

Written By: warped on 02/17/13 at 12:01 pm

We're up to the 15 game mark of the season.

1) What's wrong with the Washington Capitals & Alex Ovechkin? Boudreau Boudreau couldn't figure it out. Dale Hunter left & went back to the London Knights of the OHL ( maybe he knew there were too many problems there to be fixed) and now Adam Oates can't do much with them.

2) I thought Philadelphia's fortunes would go with how Bryzgalov plays. So far he hasn't been great nor terrible (2.60 GAA), but the Flyers are going nowehere. They were one of my picks at the start to do really well (along with the Rangers).
Does the Philly D miss Pronger that much? Briere and Giroux have started slow. The JVR for Luke Schenn trade seems to be in favor of Toronto. I saw last nights Flyers/MTL game on TV. MTL had their backup (Budaj) , but yet Philly didn't have much energy or desire in the game.

Written By: loki 13 on 02/17/13 at 5:37 pm

We're up to the 15 game mark of the season.

1) What's wrong with the Washington Capitals & Alex Ovechkin? Boudreau Boudreau couldn't figure it out. Dale Hunter left & went back to the London Knights of the OHL ( maybe he knew there were too many problems there to be fixed) and now Adam Oates can't do much with them.

2) I thought Philadelphia's fortunes would go with how Bryzgalov plays. So far he hasn't been great nor terrible (2.60 GAA), but the Flyers are going nowehere. They were one of my picks at the start to do really well (along with the Rangers).
Does the Philly D miss Pronger that much? Briere and Giroux have started slow. The JVR for Luke Schenn trade seems to be in favor of Toronto. I saw last nights Flyers/MTL game on TV. MTL had their backup (Budaj) , but yet Philly didn't have much energy or desire in the game.

It is kind of tough to say who got the better of the trade considering Schenn and JVR play different positions. Schenn is
playing really well. He leads the league in hits and he and Timonen pair well together. I think Grossmann is doing a great
job filling Pronger shoes and Foster has a bullet of a shot from the point. Defensively I think they will be okay. The Flyers
have be notoriously slow starters, unfortunately, with a short season a slow start is a killer. They have offensive players
but some some reason they are struggling in the offensive zone. Watching them shoot and pass game after game it is like
watching someone roll a beachball through a forest without hitting a tree. Injury plays a part but I'm not blaming that, I
have faith that it can only get better.

As for Washington, I think Ovechkin is the liability. They have a slew of really good players but they don't have a team.
A selfish forward has a lot to do with that.

Written By: warped on 02/17/13 at 6:29 pm

It is kind of tough to say who got the better of the trade considering Schenn and JVR play different positions. Schenn is
playing really well. He leads the league in hits and he and Timonen pair well together. I think Grossmann is doing a great
job filling Pronger shoes and Foster has a bullet of a shot from the point. Defensively I think they will be okay. The Flyers
have be notoriously slow starters, unfortunately, with a short season a slow start is a killer. They have offensive players
but some some reason they are struggling in the offensive zone. Watching them shoot and pass game after game it is like
watching someone roll a beachball through a forest without hitting a tree. Injury plays a part but I'm not blaming that, I
have faith that it can only get better.

As for Washington, I think Ovechkin is the liability. They have a slew of really good players but they don't have a team.
A selfish forward has a lot to do with that.

The Toronto media ( not a surprise really) said the JVR deal was a steal for Toronto and Schenn hasn't played that well. That's the Toronto media.  ::)  I think the Flyers can really be a dominant team if they put things together. 

I don't know what is wrong with Ovechkin. The team has been out of whack for well over a year now. He just isn't the same player. I don't think he will be a 50 goal scorer in the NHL again.  I agree Ovechkin is a liabilty, but Backstrom has only 1 goal and Mike Green isn't the offensive player he was.  I think it's time for Wash to get rid of Ovechkin, if they can get great value in return.

Written By: loki 13 on 02/17/13 at 7:52 pm

The Toronto media ( not a surprise really) said the JVR deal was a steal for Toronto and Schenn hasn't played that well. That's the Toronto media.  ::)  I think the Flyers can really be a dominant team if they put things together. 

I don't know what is wrong with Ovechkin. The team has been out of whack for well over a year now. He just isn't the same player. I don't think he will be a 50 goal scorer in the NHL again.  I agree Ovechkin is a liabilty, but Backstrom has only 1 goal and Mike Green isn't the offensive player he was.  I think it's time for Wash to get rid of Ovechkin, if they can get great value in return.

I think Ovechkin's problem is a media created one. He came in with Crosby I believe, and while the media attention focused
on Crosby, Ovechkin became a premier player. The media picked up on the ability he had and made him the second face and
rival of the all and powerful Crosby. I think the hype may be too much for him, he needs to get back to playing hockey the
way he can and not what the media expects, maybe a change of scenery will do that.

I don't have Schenn's stats in front of me and I don't feel like looking them up but I know he either leads the league or is
among the league leaders in hits. He has a goal and two assist but after all he is a defenseman. I think his is also a +3 so
he isn't doing too bad. With the problems the Flyers had last year on the defensive end he is a welcome sight.

Written By: warped on 02/18/13 at 7:01 am

I think Ovechkin's problem is a media created one. He came in with Crosby I believe, and while the media attention focused
on Crosby, Ovechkin became a premier player. The media picked up on the ability he had and made him the second face and
rival of the all and powerful Crosby. I think the hype may be too much for him, he needs to get back to playing hockey the
way he can and not what the media expects, maybe a change of scenery will do that.

Ovechkin was a better player than Crosby for a year or two. It's possible that Ovechkin's problem is a media created one, but I just think his speed isn't the same as it used to be.  Years spent hitting others with hard body checks has taken its toll on his body.

I don't have Schenn's stats in front of me and I don't feel like looking them up but I know he either leads the league or is
among the league leaders in hits. He has a goal and two assist but after all he is a defenseman. I think his is also a +3 so
he isn't doing too bad. With the problems the Flyers had last year on the defensive end he is a welcome sight.

I trust your observation. Luke is a good "stay-at-home" defenseman , he might score the odd goal here and there. He needed to be more physical in Toronto and was often the target of Leaf fans for what they perceived were "brain cramps".

Written By: warped on 02/21/13 at 7:09 am

I hope Philadelphia & Pittsburgh play each other in the first or second round of the playoffs this year. Last year was epic. Last night was as epic. Both teams forget how to play defense. It's like a mid 1980s game.
My Christmas gift for Sidney Crosby: A Flyer's Jersey..signed by the whole team. You know he loves them  ;)

Written By: loki 13 on 02/21/13 at 7:00 pm

I hope Philadelphia & Pittsburgh play each other in the first or second round of the playoffs this year. Last year was epic. Last night was as epic. Both teams forget how to play defense. It's like a mid 1980s game.
My Christmas gift for Sidney Crosby: A Flyer's Jersey..signed by the whole team. You know he loves them  ;)

They usually are epic games. A bitter rivalry that makes for exciting games. I think it was Emerick that said it last night,
"This is a great game to watch if you're not a fan of either team."

As usual, the Flyers now are playing a trap game. Florida, and they sure are making them look real good. Why can't teams build
off an emotional win instead of sinking in a shell.  :P

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/23/13 at 3:28 pm

The Chicago Blackhawks  :-*  :-*  :-*  just broke the NHL record for getting points in 17 consecutive games at the start of the season.  Last night.  8)

GO, Blackhawks!!!

Written By: warped on 03/01/13 at 12:59 pm

I read his new book. He talks about his drug problem and heavy drinking problem, losing millions of dollars. Yeah, it will be sold as a movie of "redemption" for sure.

Written By: warped on 03/03/13 at 9:40 pm

I watched 2 outstanding games today.

Chicago versus Detroit (Chicago wins in a shootout on a sick goal by Patrick Kane)
Montreal versus Boston (Usual violent Boston/Montreal game, filled with intense action, cheap shots and scoring chances). MTL wins 4-3

I love Hockey!

Written By: loki 13 on 03/09/13 at 1:54 pm

It is frustrating, to say the least, when you are a fan of a bad team. I watch the Flyers and it is aggravating.
When the puck is behind their own net all 5 players collapse the line leaving the middle wide open. Blind, behind
the back passes in the defensive zone, cross ice passes in the neutral zone and a line change on dump ins. They
seem slow and unmotivated.

It seems that, as a team collectively, they are going to play out the year going through the motions and just collect a
pay check. They have too much talent throughout the lineup to play the way they are, this can be the only explanation.
The stars of this team are not playing as such. Rinaldo has been the only bright point of the whole season. the guy is a
freaking wreaking ball out there yet no one else plays up to the same level of intensity. I went to one game this year,
unless something drastically changes, I will attend no more.

Written By: warped on 03/09/13 at 3:52 pm

It is frustrating, to say the least, when you are a fan of a bad team. I watch the Flyers and it is aggravating.
When the puck is behind their own net all 5 players collapse the line leaving the middle wide open. Blind, behind
the back passes in the defensive zone, cross ice passes in the neutral zone and a line change on dump ins. They

It seems that, as a team collectively, they are going to play out the year going through the motions and just collect a
pay check. They have too much talent throughout the lineup to play the way they are, this can be the only explanation.
The stars of this team are not playing as such. Rinaldo has been the only bright point of the whole season. the guy is a
freaking wreaking ball out there yet no one else plays up to the same level of intensity. I went to one game this year,

They are an enigma to me too. I've seen a few of their games on TV. There has been a lack on intensity in most games I saw them play, other than against their state rivals (Pittsburgh).

If they make the playoffs, they can still be a dangerous team because of their talent. They have 20 games or so to fix their problems.
Good luck. 

Written By: ninny on 03/10/13 at 12:19 pm

I totally agree with you my Buffalo Sabres are just plain sucky this year, they have moments of greatness only to let the other teams come from behind and tie or lose in OT or shootout. I'm not sure if R Miller is to blame or the defense. Firing the coach was a start but they still need to be motivated.  It's bad enough I have to put up with the Bills, but now the Sabres are the same. >:(
I see we play each other tonight, should be interesting.

Written By: warped on 03/10/13 at 5:26 pm

To ninny & Loki

Sabres are playing the Flyers tonight. Somebody has to win.  :)

Written By: loki 13 on 03/10/13 at 6:09 pm

To ninny & Loki

Unfortunately... :P

Written By: warped on 03/10/13 at 6:38 pm

Unfortunately... :P

I still see hope for the Flyers this year.

Written By: ninny on 03/10/13 at 8:12 pm

To ninny & Loki

Well my team looks weak, the only good line that is playing tonight is the one's that got called up from Rochester. Too much sloppy passing and no defense.

Written By: warped on 03/11/13 at 7:22 am

Well my team looks weak, the only good line that is playing tonight is the one's that got called up from Rochester. Too much sloppy passing and no defense.

Sabres are a team looking for an identity. Are they a fast skating team? A rough team? A grinding team? I don't know.
Vanek has a great start to the season. Cody Hodgson will be good  ( I know he had some attitude problems in Vancouver, he has talent).
I've heard many analysts say that the Sabres haven't been the same since Lucic ran Miller over last season. 

Written By: ninny on 03/11/13 at 1:03 pm

Sabres are a team looking for an identity. Are they a fast skating team? A rough team? A grinding team? I don't know.
Vanek has a great start to the season. Cody Hodgson will be good  ( I know he had some attitude problems in Vancouver, he has talent).
I've heard many analysts say that the Sabres haven't been the same since Lucic ran Miller over last season.

I don't think they are in sync yet they have a mix of new players, old players and one's just called up from the minors, they need to find better line combinations. Hodgson and Vanek are the best players so far, I'm not sure what happened to Stafford this year, maybe he doesn't like the line he's with but his productivity is way down..I know Miller doesn't seem the same it's too bad.

Written By: warped on 03/11/13 at 1:18 pm

I don't think they are in sync yet they have a mix of new players, old players and one's just called up from the minors, they need to find better line combinations. Hodgson and Vanek are the best players so far, I'm not sure what happened to Stafford this year, maybe he doesn't like the line he's with but his productivity is way down..I know Miller doesn't seem the same it's too bad.

My favorite all-time Buffalo Sabre, Gilbert Perreault.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/802/677/perreault_display_image.jpg?1354713666

I still miss his end to end rushes.  I always secretly hoped Perreault & Lafleur might play together on the Habs.

Written By: ninny on 03/11/13 at 4:22 pm

My favorite all-time Buffalo Sabre, Gilbert Perreault.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/802/677/perreault_display_image.jpg?1354713666

I still miss his end to end rushes.  I always secretly hoped Perreault & Lafleur might play together on the Habs.

Wow good choice, I believe he played his entire career with the Sabres
I don't really have an all time favorite player, but Pat LaFointaine and Dave Andreychuk were 2 of many.

Written By: warped on 04/02/13 at 2:27 pm

Trade dealine is tomorrow.

So far the biggest players being moved: Iginla to Pittsburgh, Bouwmeester to St Louis, Jaromir Jagr to Boston, Derek Roy to Vancouver.

Some of the players speculated in trade talks are Roberto Luongo, Miikka Kiprusoff, Ryan Miller, Dan Boyle and Ryan Clowe.

Written By: warped on 04/02/13 at 6:23 pm

So far the biggest players being moved: Iginla to Pittsburgh, Bouwmeester to St Louis, Jaromir Jagr to Boston, Derek Roy to Vancouver.

Some of the players speculated in trade talks are Roberto Luongo, Miikka Kiprusoff, Ryan Miller, Dan Boyle and Ryan Clowe.

And Ryan Clowe is now a NYR.
Leafs are interested in Kiprusoff. It's all over the Toronto media.

Written By: loki 13 on 04/06/13 at 5:10 pm

I don't get the Flyers. They have been playing well over the last week but today they fell into old habits.
They came out on fire, scored the first goal and then went right to sleep.

The one thing I've noticed about the Flyers in the defensive zone. If you ever get a chance to watch them try and
take notice. The are like a school of fish in an aquarium. The puck goes to the boards, in unison the three forwards go
toward the puck. It gets passed to the point and they all follow, to the other side and there they are again. They aren't
attacking, it's like watching syncronized skating......So frustrating.

Written By: warped on 04/06/13 at 5:38 pm

I don't get the Flyers. They have been playing well over the last week but today they fell into old habits.
They came out on fire, scored the first goal and then went right to sleep.

The one thing I've noticed about the Flyers in the defensive zone. If you ever get a chance to watch them try and
take notice. The are like a school of fish in an aquarium. The puck goes to the boards, in unison the three forwards go
toward the puck. It gets passed to the point and they all follow, to the other side and there they are again. They aren't
attacking, it's like watching syncronized skating......So frustrating.

I watched the game here. First period they were great. Winnipeg had 4 shots. Then breakdowns. You are missing Pronger, Meszaaros, Grossman and Timmonen looks like he is playing hurt. That hurts the defense.    Brysgalov is not reliable all the time. I hope Mason regains his rookie of the year form and Flyers can use the amnesty clause to dump Bryzgalov (high salary) after the season ends.  Flyers have the talent, just not putting it together.

Written By: loki 13 on 04/06/13 at 5:57 pm

I watched the game here. First period they were great. Winnipeg had 4 shots. Then breakdowns. You are missing Pronger, Meszaaros, Grossman and Timmonen looks like he is playing hurt. That hurts the defense.    Brysgalov is not reliable all the time. I hope Mason regains his rookie of the year form and Flyers can use the amnesty clause to dump Bryzgalov (high salary) after the season ends.  Flyers have the talent, just not putting it together.

Bryzgalov didn't have a good game today but overall he's had a pretty good season, I think he is just overworked.
I also think the reason they got Mason was so they can dump Bryz's salary. I didn't expect much from this year
but it's tough to see them just slog through games.

Written By: ninny on 04/07/13 at 7:21 am

Not sure if I want Miller to be traded or not, there are days he's fantastic and others he's just off. I thought after the Sabres traded Pominville they might trade Stafford as he's having a really bad year.

Written By: warped on 04/07/13 at 7:28 am

Not sure if I want Miller to be traded or not, there are days he's fantastic and others he's just off. I thought after the Sabres traded Pominville they might trade Stafford as he's having a really bad year.

Trade deadline has passed. Maybe they might trade Miller in the summer. I think Regier's job is on the line too.

Written By: warped on 04/07/13 at 7:33 am

Bryzgalov didn't have a good game today but overall he's had a pretty good season, I think he is just overworked.
I also think the reason they got Mason was so they can dump Bryz's salary. I didn't expect much from this year
but it's tough to see them just slog through games.

If Philly misses the playoffs, Laviolette & Holmgren may not have a job in a few months.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/07/13 at 9:28 pm

My Chicago Blackhawks  :-*  just clinched a playoff berth!  Hooray!

Written By: loki 13 on 04/13/13 at 5:56 pm

It is tough when you sit down to watch the game and just before the puck drop you look at The Boy and ask,
"Well, how are they going to lose today?" Sure enough that question was answered early in the third period. An
innocent shot of the back dasher, a goalie not in position, a carom of his skate and another loss.

I think next year's Flyers will look a lot different. I will be surprised if I see Laviolette, Bryzgalov or Briere back.
Hartnell, Read and Talbot may also be in trouble.

Written By: warped on 04/14/13 at 1:39 pm

It is tough when you sit down to watch the game and just before the puck drop you look at The Boy and ask,
"Well, how are they going to lose today?" Sure enough that question was answered early in the third period. An
innocent shot of the back dasher, a goalie not in position, a carom of his skate and another loss.

I think next year's Flyers will look a lot different. I will be surprised if I see Laviolette, Bryzgalov or Briere back.
Hartnell, Readand Talbot may also be in trouble.

Laviolette will probably be let go.  Bryzgalov will get an amnesty buyout.  Briere's salary going down to 3M next year.  That's a reasonable salary for what he might produce. Hartnell had some injuries this year, hard to trade him with such a high salary. 

Written By: ninny on 04/22/13 at 5:48 am

Well another year that the Sabres don't make the playoffs, they need to make some hard decisions in the off season..mainly to keep Miller or not and to improve the defense and their power plays.

Written By: warped on 04/22/13 at 7:56 am

Well another year that the Sabres don't make the playoffs, they need to make some hard decisions in the off season..mainly to keep Miller or not and to improve the defense and their power plays.

Miller is still a good goalie. I hope they keep him. If not they need to acquire good value in a trade.

It's a weird season. Perennial losers like the Islanders and the Leafs and in the playoffs. (Leafs first time in the playoffs in 9 years. Leafs fans acting like giddy school girls and as if they won the Stanley Cup already.)

Even Columbus might make it, they have more points than Detroit right now!  Bobrovski for MVP!

Hey. What is Buffalo's #1 hockey rival. Is it Boston, Montreal or Toronto?

Written By: ninny on 04/22/13 at 9:57 am

Miller is still a good goalie. I hope they keep him. If not they need to acquire good value in a trade.

It's a weird season. Perennial losers like the Islanders and the Leafs and in the playoffs. (Leafs first time in the playoffs in 9 years. Leafs fans acting like giddy school girls and as if they won the Stanley Cup already.)

Even Columbus might make it, they have more points than Detroit right now!  Bobrovski for MVP!

Hey. What is Buffalo's #1 hockey rival. Is it Boston, Montreal or Toronto?

I myself like Miller and hope he stays, but there are times when he lets the soft goals squeak by and is brilliant with the hard goals.
I would have to say the Leafs are the #1 rival, I know there lots of Leafs fan that travel to Buffalo and vice-verse to Toronto.

Written By: warped on 04/22/13 at 11:53 am

I myself like Miller and hope he stays, but there are times when he lets the soft goals squeak by and is brilliant with the hard goals.
I would have to say the Leafs are the #1 rival, I know there lots of Leafs fan that travel to Buffalo and vice-verse to Toronto.

Then, as a Sabres fan, you must hate the Leafs.

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z464/mccall187/mlbra.jpg

Written By: ninny on 04/22/13 at 1:22 pm

Then, as a Sabres fan, you must hate the Leafs.

http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z464/mccall187/mlbra.jpg

;D I hate everyone they are playing when they play them. It's funny because there are teams I hate but players that are local that I cheer for like Ryan Callahan (Rangers) and Brian Gionta (Canadiens)
I was looking at the Leafs roster and the only two I really know is Macarthur (former Sabre) and Phaneuf
Two players I can't stand Chara (Bruins) and Neil (Senators).

Written By: warped on 04/22/13 at 6:02 pm

;D I hate everyone they are playing when they play them. It's funny because there are teams I hate but players that are local that I cheer for like Ryan Callahan (Rangers) and Brian Gionta (Canadiens)
I was looking at the Leafs roster and the only two I really know is Macarthur (former Sabre) and Phaneuf
Two players I can't stand Chara (Bruins) and Neil (Senators).

Chris Neil is annoying. He's carrying the torch from such players as Claude Lemieux, Darcy Tucker, Matthew Barnaby and Ken Linseman. They were all so irritating to play against.

Written By: ninny on 04/22/13 at 6:10 pm

Chris Neil is annoying. He's carrying the torch from such players as Claude Lemieux, Darcy Tucker, Matthew Barnaby and Ken Linseman. They were all so irritating to play against.

I'm sure a lot of fans don't like Kaleta, Ott & Scott of the Sabres, but I guess every team has to have a tough guy, it just seems in the past Chris Neil takes it to a different level.
In a side note I see the Rochester Amerks are playing the Toronto Marlies which sucks for us because they beat us like 10 out of 11 times.

Written By: warped on 04/22/13 at 6:15 pm

I'm sure a lot of fans don't like Kaleta, Ott & Scott of the Sabres, but I guess every team has to have a tough guy, it just seems in the past Chris Neil takes it to a different level.
In a side note I see the Rochester Amerks are playing the Toronto Marlies which sucks for us because they beat us like 10 out of 11 times.

I'm not a fan of Kaleta. I'm on the fence whether Kaleta belongs in the NHL or not. He is going to hurt someone bad one day. Chris Neil is a total pain in the ass and a borderline goon, but Kaleta is out to really hurt people. That does not belong in the NHL. He's not as bad as Matt Cooke or Raffi Torres, but he's almost there.

Written By: ninny on 04/23/13 at 6:23 am

I'm not a fan of Kaleta. I'm on the fence whether Kaleta belongs in the NHL or not. He is going to hurt someone bad one day. Chris Neil is a total pain in the ass and a borderline goon, but Kaleta is out to really hurt people. That does not belong in the NHL. He's not as bad as Matt Cooke or Raffi Torres, but he's almost there.

Yeah it's funny during the game with the Bruins they were talking about how Kaleta wants to change and try being more productive in scoring.

Written By: warped on 04/29/13 at 4:08 pm

NHL Playoffs matchups are set

In the east:

Pittsburgh (1) vs. N.Y. Islanders (8th)
Montreal (2) vs. Ottawa (7)
Washington (3) vs. N.Y. Rangers (6)
Boston (4) vs. Toronto (5)

(seeds in brackets)

In the west:

Chicago (1) vs. Minnesota (8th)
Anaheim (2) vs. Detroit (7)
Vancouver (3) vs. San Jose (6)
St. Louis (4) vs. Los Angeles (5)

Last year, L.A. (an eighth seed) won the Stanley Cup.

What's you pick this year? Can anything stop a Pittsburgh/Chicago final?

Written By: nally on 04/29/13 at 4:30 pm

Personally, I am rooting for the Kings again, because they're my local team. I also notice that the Ducks, who are semi-local, are also in it this year.

Written By: warped on 05/04/13 at 2:06 pm

The Lars Eller injury. For those who haven't seen it.

Lars Eller is a player for the Montreal Canadiens. Not really a deliberate intent to injure, but the outcome was...yuck..lots of blood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5106u8VwiU

Good news is he has been released from the hospital and is home resting/recovering.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/05/13 at 5:51 pm

The Lars Eller injury. For those who haven't seen it.

Lars Eller is a player for the Montreal Canadiens. Not really a deliberate intent to injure, but the outcome was...yuck..lots of blood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5106u8VwiU

Good news is he has been released from the hospital and is home resting/recovering.

This is why I never go to pro Hockey.  I go to high school and college, but pro has too much of this crap. If it wasn't deliberate then it is unusual.  The fighting drives me nuts.  Gryba doesn't seem very concerned.

Written By: warped on 05/06/13 at 10:46 am

This is why I never go to pro Hockey.  I go to high school and college, but pro has too much of this crap. If it wasn't deliberate then it is unusual.  The fighting drives me nuts.  Gryba doesn't seem very concerned.

It wasn't deliberate, but there has been a dramatic increase in the lack of respect for other players in the last 10 years...it kind of follows society as well.

Written By: warped on 05/06/13 at 2:07 pm

Dodger Stadium to host Kings, Ducks in January.

Hockey fans in southern California will have an opportunity to watch some of their favorite NHL stars next year in possible 80-plus degree temperatures from the great outdoors when the Los Angeles Kings play host to the Anaheim Ducks at Dodger Stadium on Jan. 25, 2014.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=669439

Note to NHL: Do it once in a while or once a year: Nice gimmick

Do it 4 or 5 times next year...no longer a gimmick.

Written By: nally on 05/06/13 at 5:20 pm

Dodger Stadium to host Kings, Ducks in January.

Hockey fans in southern California will have an opportunity to watch some of their favorite NHL stars next year in possible 80-plus degree temperatures from the great outdoors when the Los Angeles Kings play host to the Anaheim Ducks at Dodger Stadium on Jan. 25, 2014.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=669439

Note to NHL: Do it once in a while or once a year: Nice gimmick

Do it 4 or 5 times next year...no longer a gimmick.

That should be interesting... converting a baseball field into a hockey rink for one game.

Written By: warped on 05/07/13 at 7:14 am

Some great playoff series so far. STL vs L.A. has been really good. The best action so far.

Written By: nally on 05/07/13 at 2:55 pm

Some great playoff series so far. STL vs L.A. has been really good. The best action so far.

Go Kings!! (As they are my local team. Ducks a close second.)

Written By: danootaandme on 05/07/13 at 7:03 pm

That should be interesting... converting a baseball field into a hockey rink for one game.

They do it at Fenway.  They call it Frozen Fenway, and do it in January and host Hockey East College Tournament.

Written By: nally on 05/08/13 at 10:51 am

They do it at Fenway.  They call it Frozen Fenway, and do it in January and host Hockey East College Tournament.

It's probably easier to do it there, since it's in a part of the world that is prone to snow (and colder temps) at that time of year.

Written By: warped on 05/08/13 at 12:31 pm

It's probably easier to do it there, since it's in a part of the world that is prone to snow (and colder temps) at that time of year.

I wonder how are they going to pull it off at Dodger Stadium?
What if it pours rain?

Written By: nally on 05/08/13 at 6:13 pm

I wonder how are they going to pull it off at Dodger Stadium?
What if it pours rain?

Might have to cancel it/schedule it for another day?
I doubt that the rain will freeze once it hits the field. But they might have a plan in place to put it all together; I do not know.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/09/13 at 11:32 pm

My Chicago Blackhawks  :-*  :-*  :-*  just eliminated the Minnesota Wild - YAY!!!  :D

Written By: warped on 05/10/13 at 5:49 am

My Chicago Blackhawks  :-*  :-*  :-*  just eliminated the Minnesota Wild - YAY!!!  :D

:)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/d/d3/ChicagoBlackhawksLogo.svg/200px-ChicagoBlackhawksLogo.svg.png

Jonathan Toews is one of my favorite players.

Written By: ninny on 05/10/13 at 9:47 am

So there are some real close series. The Caps. and The Rangers,Penguins and Islanders Ducks and Red Wings and Blues and Kings.

Written By: nally on 05/10/13 at 12:15 pm

That's right...the Ducks and Kings are each one win away from winning their respective serieses...and meeting up in the next round. That would be interesting if they did.

Written By: warped on 05/10/13 at 12:18 pm

That's right...the Ducks and Kings are each one win away from winning their respective serieses...and meeting up in the next round. That would be interesting if they did.

The Kings and Blues series has been the best so far, action wise. The blues have deserved a better fate so far. I've been going to bed at 1:00 so often, following most of the games.

Chicago has looked good so far. Still the team to beat. A hot goalie could do it though.

Written By: nally on 05/10/13 at 12:23 pm

Well...I read in the sports page of the L.A. Times this morning that it would be a postseason first, if the Ducks and Kings do end up facing off in the next round. This would be similar to a Dodgers-Angels World Series in MLB (which has never happened, but it came close to occurring in 2009; neither team had the momentum it needed to win its respective LCS, but it would have been awesome).

Written By: ninny on 05/10/13 at 3:26 pm

yes that would be.

Written By: nally on 05/11/13 at 12:00 am

yes that would be.

But the Ducks will have to wait another game, as they lost their game tonight. Kings were leading their game on last check; I hope they can pull it out.

Written By: warped on 05/11/13 at 7:43 am

But the Ducks will have to wait another game, as they lost their game tonight. Kings were leading their game on last check; I hope they can pull it out.

Ducks & Wings going to game 7.  Game 7s are so AWESOME!

Kings win yeah. I would have been happier if ST Louis won. 

Written By: nally on 05/11/13 at 12:29 pm

Ducks & Wings going to game 7.  Game 7s are so AWESOME!

Kings win yeah. I would have been happier if ST Louis won.

Maybe next year STL can do better...

Written By: warped on 05/11/13 at 12:40 pm

Maybe next year STL can do better...

I'm hoping they do, because they (STL) never won the Stanley Cup before.  Last year I cheered for the Kings too, because the had never won before, and they were playing NJ, a team I don't like.

Written By: ninny on 05/13/13 at 8:47 am

Well the east has two series tied at 3-3 with The Bruins and Maple leafs and The Capitals and Rangers, both games will be decided tonight. So does this mean the teams in the east are more evenly matched with each other, where there are a few times in the west like The Blackhawks and Sharks and Red Wings which are more dominate.

Written By: warped on 05/13/13 at 9:20 am

Well the east has two series tied at 3-3 with The Bruins and Maple leafs and The Capitals and Rangers, both games will be decided tonight. So does this mean the teams in the east are more evenly matched with each other, where there are a few times in the west like The Blackhawks and Sharks and Red Wings which are more dominate.

BlackHawks dominated Minnesota. Sharks beat Vancouver.  I saw that coming a mile away. Vancouver is a soft team.
Detroit/Anaheim was good. STL/L.A was the best series I have seen so far.  The west have the better teams, IMO

Boston is inconsistent. When they play well, they win. If they play average against a hot goalie, they don't. Boston isn't as good as they used to be. They have one chance to pull it out tonight. I watched last night's Tor/Bos game (as I watch every game I can). Boston looks tired. Out of gas.

Capitals/Rangers. If Lundqvist plays amazing, the Rangers have a chance. Ottawa got to round 2 because of their goalie. Pittsburgh made it to round 2 despite their starting goalie.

If Chicago/Detroit , SJ/L.A will be 2 great series.

Written By: warped on 05/14/13 at 8:03 am

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-oBTIzN1xQJk/TlICGPdo6YI/AAAAAAAAATU/BEq-IbeDuP0/s1600/boston-bruins.gif

They were down 4-1 in the 3rd period, and came back to win in overtime of game seven.  O0

No team has ever been down by 3 goals in the 3rd period of a playoff game in a game 7 and came back to win.

Leafs collapse.  :)

Written By: nally on 05/14/13 at 3:20 pm

I forgot to mention this yesterday...but the Ducks have been eliminated; they lost their series to the Redwings. So no Ducks-Kings series this year. :-\\

Written By: warped on 05/15/13 at 6:55 am

Round 2:

Kings & Penguins both looked good last night.

Watched both games...Too many NHL play by play people, or analysts have a mancrush on Sidney Crosby.

Yes, Crosby is a great player. But he isn't the only player on the ice, people.
He will never be considered among the greats (like Howe, Orr, Gretzky, Lemieux) if he keeps on whining all time time, and diving, and giving people cheap shots.  Give all that up Syd, you don't need to do that stuff, you are good enough already.

Written By: ninny on 05/15/13 at 10:47 am

Round 2:

Kings & Penguins both looked good last night.

Watched both games...Too many NHL play by play people, or analysts have a mancrush on Sidney Crosby.

Yes, Crosby is a great player. But he isn't the only player on the ice, people.
He will never be considered among the greats (like Howe, Orr, Gretzky, Lemieux) if he keeps on whining all time time, and diving, and giving people cheap shots.  Give all that up Syd, you don't need to do that stuff, you are good enough already.

I totally agree. Should be an interesting game tonight between the Blackhawks and Red Wings.

Written By: warped on 05/15/13 at 3:51 pm

I totally agree. Should be an interesting game tonight between the Blackhawks and Red Wings.

I saw a few regular season games between Chicago and Detroit, they were just awesome. I expect the series to be the same. Can't wait! And cheering for Chicago.

Written By: nally on 05/15/13 at 5:56 pm

Kings vs. Sharks in this round (a battle of California teams!). Kings already took Game One last nite. Game Two is tomorrow.

Written By: warped on 05/15/13 at 6:22 pm

Kings vs. Sharks in this round (a battle of California teams!). Kings already took Game One last nite. Game Two is tomorrow.

Yeah. Good game. I watched the Raffi Torres hit on Stoll. Hard to say if he made contact with the shoulder or the head first. Stoll will miss game 2, Raffi might get suspended, again.

Written By: nally on 05/15/13 at 6:25 pm

And I might decide to watch part of Game 2 tomorrow night, since there's no Dodger game. Depends on how I feel.

Written By: ninny on 05/25/13 at 7:05 am

Well Pittsburgh is in the Eastern Conference finals with Boston 1 win away. In the west Detroit needs 1 more win and the Kings 1 more win.

Written By: warped on 05/25/13 at 7:16 am

Well Pittsburgh is in the Eastern Conference finals with Boston 1 win away. In the west Detroit needs 1 more win and the Kings 1 more win.

Pittsburgh looks so good in stretches throughout the games. Boston should take the other eastern series.

Detroit has surprised me with how well they played. Chicago never lost 3 games in a row all year, until this week. Toews and Kane haven't been playing well.

L.A  & SJ is a good series. I see this series going 7 unless SJ falters.  Because SJ & LA games are on so late for those of us in the east, not many are watching it back east.

Written By: ninny on 05/25/13 at 7:37 am

Pittsburgh looks so good in stretches throughout the games. Boston should take the other eastern series.

Detroit has surprised me with how well they played. Chicago never lost 3 games in a row all year, until this week. Toews and Kane haven't been playing well.

L.A  & SJ is a good series. I see this series going 7 unless SJ falters.  Because SJ & LA games are on so late for those of us in the east, not many are watching it back east.

Yeah I'm surprised at how Detroit has taken over that series. I haven't watched any of the Kings and Sharks.

Written By: warped on 05/25/13 at 7:48 am

Yeah I'm surprised at how Detroit has taken over that series. I haven't watched any of the Kings and Sharks.

I've only seen bits and pieces of Sharks/Kings, it's a good series.    Tomorrow game 6 is at 8pm (eastern) a more reasonable time from me to watch it. 

I'm still hoping Chicago can come back and win game 5 to make it interesting. Jimmy Howard has been great, Detroit has played with more energy and they make so few mistakes.

Written By: nally on 05/25/13 at 12:02 pm

I've only seen bits and pieces of Sharks/Kings, it's a good series.

Same here.

Tomorrow game 6 is at 8pm (eastern) a more reasonable time from me to watch it.

Kings are one win away from moving on.

Written By: ninny on 05/26/13 at 12:39 pm

The East is Bruins vs Penguins (I don't like either) if I have to pick I think the Penguins have a slight edge.
The Blackhawks hold on for another game.

Written By: warped on 05/26/13 at 12:50 pm

The East is Bruins vs Penguins (I don't like either) if I have to pick I think the Penguins have a slight edge.
The Blackhawks hold on for another game.

Penguins do have an edge against Boston. I pick them to win the east, but I shall cheer for the Bruins.
Chicago did win at home yesterday O0, game 6 in Detroit will be a dandy.

Tonight SJ tries to stay alive against L.A.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/29/13 at 10:13 pm

My Chicago Blackhawks  :-*  :-*  :-*  just defeated the Detroit Redwings in game 7 (after being down 3-1) to advance to the finals.  WOW!!!  :o

Written By: ninny on 05/29/13 at 10:20 pm

My Chicago Blackhawks  :-*  :-*  :-*  just defeated the Detroit Redwings in game 7 (after being down 3-1) to advance to the finals.  WOW!!!  :o

Great Game :)

Written By: warped on 05/30/13 at 8:40 am

I know, I saw the whole game, I thought they were getting stiffed when Hjalmarsson scored with 90 seconds left but the ref blew the whistle and called penalties.
Now Chicago is in the final four with Pittsburgh, L.A and Boston. (Those are also the last 4 teams to win the Stanley Cup, too)

I'm hoping for a Chicago/Boston final, but I fear it will be the other way around. Jonathan Quick is so amazing and Cindy Crosby and his team of all-stars might be too much to handle.

Written By: nally on 05/30/13 at 10:46 am

Now it's your team against mine... good luck to both...

Written By: nally on 06/02/13 at 1:12 pm

NHL Western Conference finals (Kings vs. Blackhawks): Hawks take game one. :-\\

Written By: warped on 06/02/13 at 1:31 pm

NHL Western Conference finals (Kings vs. Blackhawks): Hawks take game one. :-\\

Chicago outshot L.A. by quite a bit. Jonathan Quick was amazing. When you have a goalie like Quick, you have a good chance to win every game. He's been incredible in the playoffs the last 2 years.

In the other game, Boston beats Pittsburgh 3-0. It reminded me a little of last year's Philly/Pens series. Philly and the Bruins have a way of getting under skilled teams skins.

Neither series will be a sweep, I expect a lengthy series in both.

Written By: nally on 06/02/13 at 1:37 pm

Chicago outshot L.A. by quite a bit. Jonathan Quick was amazing. When you have a goalie like Quick, you have a good chance to win every game. He's been incredible in the playoffs the last 2 years.

In the other game, Boston beats Pittsburgh 3-0. It reminded me a little of last year's Philly/Pens series. Philly and the Bruins have a way of getting under skilled teams skins.

Neither series will be a sweep, I expect a lengthy series in both.

We'll see what happens. The good thing about lengthy serieses is that they're not over with too quickly.

Written By: warped on 06/03/13 at 6:25 am

Chicago goes up 2-0 against L.A. Jonathan Quick plays his worst game of the playoffs in 2 years and gets pulled.

Tonight Pittsburgh looks to even up their series against Boston and I think they just might.

Written By: ninny on 06/03/13 at 6:58 am

Chicago goes up 2-0 against L.A. Jonathan Quick plays his worst game of the playoffs in 2 years and gets pulled.

Tonight Pittsburgh looks to even up their series against Boston and I think they just might.

Chicago's D looked real good last night.

Written By: nally on 06/03/13 at 10:03 am

So the Chicago-L.A. series shifts to L.A. for Game Three tomorrow; hopefully the Kings can turn things around.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/03/13 at 10:28 pm

Oh boy!  Just catching up on these posts (busy with a houseguest).  Both of the two series starting out 2-0 :o - interesting...

Written By: ninny on 06/04/13 at 5:19 am

Oh boy!  Just catching up on these posts (busy with a houseguest).  Both of the two series starting out 2-0 :o - interesting...

Yes both the Kings and Penguins are looking sluggish, while the Blackhawks and Bruins are cruising through their series.

Written By: warped on 06/04/13 at 6:49 am

Yes both the Kings and Penguins are looking sluggish, while the Blackhawks and Bruins are cruising through their series.

Surprises in both series so far. I'm not surprised Boston can score on Pitts bad defense and goalies (Even the Islanders scored lots of goals on them). I'm surprised Pittsburgh has not been able to score more. Crosby pointless in 2 consecutive games, that did not happen all year I think.

Stat that doesn't look good for the Kings: No NHL team has ever lost more than six playoff game before the finals and have still gone on to win the Cup. L.A. has already lost seven.

Written By: warped on 06/05/13 at 11:49 am

Kings won at home last night. They play so well at home in the playoffs.

Tonight Pittsburgh really needs to win or they are in deeper trouble. 

Written By: nally on 06/05/13 at 12:00 pm

Kings won at home last night. They play so well at home in the playoffs.

Yep; I have noticed...

Tonight Pittsburgh really needs to win or they are in deeper trouble.

Oh yeah; they lost big the other night... now down 2-none.

Written By: warped on 06/06/13 at 7:57 am

Last night's Boston/Pittsburgh game  ---> Reason why I love hockey. One of the best games in the playoffs this year. Watching a 4 minute hilite pack for this game does not do justice to how great this game was.

2-1 for Boston, they now lead 3 games to none.

Written By: ninny on 06/06/13 at 8:21 am

Last night's Boston/Pittsburgh game  ---> Reason why I love hockey. One of the best games in the playoffs this year. Watching a 4 minute hilite pack for this game does not do justice to how great this game was.

2-1 for Boston, they now lead 3 games to none.

I fell asleep after the first overtime :-[

Written By: warped on 06/06/13 at 2:26 pm

I fell asleep after the first overtime :-[

I stayed till the end, I would have even if it ended at 4am

Hockey is more important than life at this time of the year  :D

Written By: ninny on 06/07/13 at 9:55 am

I stayed till the end, I would have even if it ended at 4am

Hockey is more important than life at this time of the year  :D

Well once you hit 53 sleep is ;D

Written By: warped on 06/07/13 at 10:33 am

Well once you hit 53 sleep is ;D

So I have 3 more years to like hockey after midnight. LOL

Unless something drastic happens ( and, it might) we will have a Boston/Chicago final.

Written By: nally on 06/07/13 at 12:25 pm

Kings: one defeat away from being eliminated.

Oh well...if they don't make it there's always next year.

Written By: warped on 06/07/13 at 1:04 pm

Kings: one defeat away from being eliminated.

Oh well...if they don't make it there's always next year.

L.A. just won their first cup last year, nothing to be ashamed about. They aren't done yet. Jonathan Quick is good enough to steal a few games in the series.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/08/13 at 4:51 pm

Boston sweeps Pittsburgh - who'da thunk???  :o  ???  :-\\

Written By: warped on 06/08/13 at 6:54 pm

Boston sweeps Pittsburgh - who'da thunk???  :o  ???  :-\\

No one. Not even the Bruins.

Pittsburgh scored 2 goals in 4 games? Crosby and Malkin ..no points in the series? 
Never in their ENTIRE CAREERS playing together have Crosby AND Malkin gone pointless in 4 straight games.

Written By: nally on 06/09/13 at 12:11 am

Kings season: all over in double overtime.

So this means it'll be a Chicago-Boston series.

Written By: warped on 06/09/13 at 7:03 am

Kings season: all over in double overtime.

So this means it'll be a Chicago-Boston series.

Yes, Chicago Vs Boston. Two teams I like. It's going to be a great final. Looking forward to it.

Written By: nally on 06/09/13 at 12:39 pm

Yes, Chicago Vs Boston. Two teams I like. It's going to be a great final. Looking forward to it.

Nice. Do you favor either team over the other?

Written By: warped on 06/10/13 at 7:38 am

Nice. Do you favor either team over the other?

I'm happy if either team wins.

If I had to pick one....maybe Boston. But I like Chicago too.

Written By: nally on 06/10/13 at 10:30 am

^ Cool beans. :)

Doesn't matter to me which team wins; I'm okay either way. :)

Written By: nally on 06/12/13 at 7:42 pm

The championship series begins tonight in Chicago.

Whichever team wins is fine with me...as neither of my local teams didn't make it to the finals.

Written By: nally on 06/13/13 at 12:26 am

The championship series begins tonight in Chicago.

Whichever team wins is fine with me...as neither of my local teams didn't make it to the finals.

And so, the Blackhawks take the first game...4-3 in triple overtime.

Written By: ninny on 06/13/13 at 4:40 am

Well this time I managed to stay awake for the first two overtimes, but fell asleep between 2 and 3. >:(

Written By: warped on 06/13/13 at 6:18 am

Great game. The game ended at 12:59pm (my time)  Next game is Saturday ( they get an extra day's break, they need it, played almost 2 full games last night)

Written By: nally on 06/13/13 at 8:13 pm

Yeah, I was wondering when one team would finally break the tie. Who woulda thought that the opening game of a Stanley Cup Final would require three OT's?

Written By: warped on 06/14/13 at 7:27 am

Yeah, I was wondering when one team would finally break the tie. Who woulda thought that the opening game of a Stanley Cup Final would require three OT's?

Same thing happened in 1990, and Boston lost that 3 OT game too.

Written By: warped on 06/16/13 at 6:08 am

Boston wins in OT, ties up the series at one apiece.

Written By: ninny on 06/16/13 at 6:40 am

Boston wins in OT, ties up the series at one apiece.

So far a great series.

Written By: nally on 06/16/13 at 5:40 pm

So far a great series.

...with each of the first two games going into overtime. :)

Written By: nally on 06/17/13 at 11:37 pm

Game Three goes to the Bruins, who won 2-0 in regulation to take a 2-games-to-1 series lead.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/19/13 at 10:50 pm

Yet another OT game for game 4  :o  It's getting to be heart attack city...

Thankfully my Chicago Blackhawks  :-* took the game today  :D

Written By: warped on 06/20/13 at 7:08 am

It is such an excellent series, much better than the snooze fest between NJ and L.A. last year.  I'm hoping it goes 7 games.

Written By: ninny on 06/20/13 at 8:51 am

It is such an excellent series, much better than the snooze fest between NJ and L.A. last year.  I'm hoping it goes 7 games.

It is looking like it will go the whole 7 games.

Written By: warped on 06/20/13 at 6:10 pm

It is looking like it will go the whole 7 games.

I hope so. I really do. Hockey Heaven.

Written By: ninny on 06/22/13 at 5:52 am

I hope so. I really do. Hockey Heaven.

It's good for hockey too if it does, a lot more people to watch on TV.

Written By: warped on 06/23/13 at 3:32 pm

Chicago is up 3-2. The Stanley cup will be "in the building" in Boston on Monday.

Both Bergeron (Bos) and Toews (Chi) were hurt last night. Will they play tomorrow? Either of their absences might have a significant impact on the game.  They are the best 2 way players on either team.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/24/13 at 9:58 pm

Lord Stanley has been decided.  The verdict:

My Chicago Blackhawks!!!  :-*  :-*  :-*

Written By: ninny on 06/25/13 at 6:00 am

Lord Stanley has been decided.  The verdict:

My Chicago Blackhawks!!!  :-*  :-*  :-*

Congratulations to the Blackhawks!!

Written By: warped on 06/25/13 at 7:48 am

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion/assets_c/2013/06/toews-celebrates_620-thumb-620xauto-307426.jpg

Congrats to the Chicago Blacks Hawks and Boston Bruins for giving us one of the most exciting series in years. What an ending last night. Wow! 
Chicago wins their 2nd cup in 4 years.

Chicago Black Hawaks, 2013 Stanley Cup Champs!

http://committedindians.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/blackhawks.jpg

Written By: nally on 06/25/13 at 3:33 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion/assets_c/2013/06/toews-celebrates_620-thumb-620xauto-307426.jpg

Congrats to the Chicago Blacks Hawks and Boston Bruins for giving us one of the most exciting series in years. What an ending last night. Wow! 

I actually missed it last nite, cuz I was watching the Gints-Dodgers baseball game. Anyways, I send my congratulatories to the Chicago Black Hawks...way to go, guys! :D ;)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/26/13 at 10:07 pm

Congratulations to the Blackhawks!!

http://committedindians.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/blackhawks.jpg

I actually missed it last nite, cuz I was watching the Gints-Dodgers baseball game. Anyways, I send my congratulatories to the Chicago Black Hawks...way to go, guys! :D ;)

Thanks friends!  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...