inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: MLB Commission Slaps Biggest Steroid Abuser With Full Sanctions...

Written By: Doc Brown on 08/05/13 at 5:42 pm

Alex Rodriguez has now been suspended through the end of the 2014 MLB season, and it's very possible that the Yankees won't want the 40-year-old back in 2015 after all the bad press.
The disgraced third baseman will likely spend the benched time touring with Bruce Springsteen, taking lead vocals on songs like:

"Whoa-Oh-Oh, I've Been Fired"
"Secret Garbage"
"Fifty Stolen Bases And I'm Not On"
"Muscles, Incorporated"
"Playing Ball Nowhere"
"One Shot Up"
and of course,
"My Career In Ruins" .

ESPN will keep us up-to-date on any continued Foul Play.

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Subject: Re: MLB Commission Slaps Biggest Steroid Abuser With Full Sanctions...

Written By: ninny on 08/07/13 at 8:40 am

Alex Rodriguez has now been suspended through the end of the 2014 MLB season, and it's very possible that the Yankees won't want the 40-year-old back in 2015 after all the bad press.
The disgraced third baseman will likely spend the benched time touring with Bruce Springsteen, taking lead vocals on songs like:

"Whoa-Oh-Oh, I've Been Fired"
"Secret Garbage"
"Fifty Stolen Bases And I'm Not On"
"Muscles, Incorporated"
"Playing Ball Nowhere"
"One Shot Up"
and of course,
"My Career In Ruins" .

ESPN will keep us up-to-date on any continued Foul Play.

Your Pal,
Doc

8)

Alex is just making himself look bad that he is still playing instead of taking his punishment like everyone else. When you have a press conference and make comments like "mistakes have been made" it doesn't look good for you.

Written By: warped on 08/07/13 at 11:53 am

Too many ball players have used steroids and we don't know who is guilty or not guilty anymore.  Records are tainted and will forever be. It's the fault of MLB for over 20 years of not doing anything about it.

A dozen players get suspended for 50 games and don't play. The guy who gets the biggest suspension (A-Roids) 211 games, is allowed to play. Makes sense?    Shows once again Bud Selig isn't running MLB, but the players are. Bud has shown time again that he has no balls. Baseball is a sport without any integrity, and has been for 20 years.

As a huge baseball fan for over almost 45 years, I am totally disgusted with all the steroid stuff and performance enhancing drugs.

The best thing MLB can do now is stop thinking of banning other players first, but ban Bud Selig.  Do it now, MLB.

Written By: Max Power on 01/20/14 at 7:43 pm

The best thing MLB can do now is stop thinking of banning other players first, but ban Bud Selig.  Do it now, MLB.

Seconded.

Check for new replies or respond here...