inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The march for Lord Stanley's Cup.

Written By: loki 13 on 04/26/14 at 4:47 pm

The few things I have realized watching the first round of the NHL playoffs is that I don't like the format, no lead
is safe and the officiating is horrible.

Other than that these playoffs have been pretty fun to watch. I like that no lead is safe, it seems the team that scores
first will not win. There has been some really good goaltending from mediocre goalies and some really bad goaltending from
top line goalies....i.e. Fleury!!! or as I like to call him Floppy. Other than Montreal all the series seem to be evenly matched,
we will see haw it goes in the next week. I will leave you with......Let's Go Flyers!

Subject: Re: The march for Lord Stanley's Cup.

Written By: warped on 04/26/14 at 5:34 pm

The games in the first round are always the best..2nd round too, before the players get too beat up.

Boston / Montreal round 2..I love it. My 2 favorite teams.

Yeah, I hope Fleury continues his floppyness...want to see the pens lose.

In the west I hope CHI or STL go through...I really don't care about any of the California teams (in any sport really)

Written By: loki 13 on 04/26/14 at 6:01 pm

I really don't care about any of the California teams (in any sport really)

I think we agree on that.

Boston/Montreal should be a good series. Unfortunately I don't see Columbus beating Pittsburgh and this Flyers series scared
me from the start. I would have rather had the Flyers play Pittsburgh first, they match up with them really well. On the other
hand, they don't match up so well with New York. The Flyers can't score in the Garden and the Rangers defensive minded team
give the Flyers fits. Oh well, a 2-2 series, anything can happen.

On the other side, St. Louis is the team that made the Broad Street Bullies who they are, a stigma they still carry today, but I
still hope they go through just to be someone different.

Written By: nally on 04/26/14 at 6:57 pm

Well, as someone who does follow the CA teams, I see that the Kings/Sharks series will be over if the team that's local to me loses one more game. If so, then either I'll root for the Sharks or I might not care one way or the other.
There are also the Ducks, who lead their series with the Dallas Stars three games to two, and if they win tomorrow night, then they'll move on.

Written By: loki 13 on 04/26/14 at 7:34 pm

Well, as someone who does follow the CA teams, I see that the Kings/Sharks series will be over if the team that's local to me loses one more game. If so, then either I'll root for the Sharks or I might not care one way or the other.
There are also the Ducks, who lead their series with the Dallas Stars three games to two, and if they win tomorrow night, then they'll move on.

No offense Jeff, it's just that being on the east coast we don't see the west that often and California doesn't really scream
hockey town, like say...Edmonton or Vancouver. A fan is a fan and I respect that, I may not like your team or the fact that
you like that team but that is what makes sports rivalries. Warped's favorites teams are two teams I loathe but I won't fault
him for it.....okay, maybe I will just a little. It's good to see others here interested in hockey. If it wasn't for Richards and Carter
I would say go Kings simply because San Jose chokes every year but alas, because of those two I would like to see the Sharks
choke in the next round.

Written By: nally on 04/26/14 at 7:44 pm

No offense Jeff, it's just that being on the east coast we don't see the west that often and California doesn't really scream
hockey town, like say...Edmonton or Vancouver. A fan is a fan and I respect that, I may not like your team or the fact that
you like that team but that is what makes sports rivalries. Warped's favorites teams are two teams I loathe but I won't fault
him for it.....okay, maybe I will just a little. It's good to see others here interested in hockey. If it wasn't for Richards and Carter
I would say go Kings simply because San Jose chokes every year but alas, because of those two I would like to see the Sharks
choke in the next round.

I understand; no worries. :) And as far as NHL goes, there's no teams that I have any known issues with.

Written By: warped on 04/26/14 at 7:49 pm

hockey town, like say...Edmonton or Vancouver.

Yeah, what loki said. Plus, growing up on the east coast, by the time Kings games came on, it was 10:30 or 11pm here and we never watched the games (it's bedtime) so we never got a type of familiarity or closeness with the team as you have. 

Warped's favorites teams are two teams I loathe but I won't fault him for it.....okay, maybe I will just a little.

;D

Yeah, Montreal, Boston and Philadelphia are proud hockey towns and fans of one team tend to hate another. Usually if you like Montreal, you hate Boston, and vice-versa.  The fact that I like both is a little unusual.
I don't like Philly much, but I like them better than Pittsburgh and NJ...and the Leafs.

Written By: loki 13 on 04/26/14 at 8:40 pm

I don't like Philly much, but I like them better than Pittsburgh and NJ...and the Leafs.

And I am okay with that, I kind of like the fact that we are despised. I always found it rather odd that all the
Philadelphia sports teams are not well liked outside of the area yet when games are held at opposing stadiums
there is a rather large following in the stands. Hell, the Washington Nationals owner changed the way tickets are
sold just to keep Phillies fans out.

Written By: loki 13 on 04/26/14 at 8:51 pm

I understand; no worries. :) And as far as NHL goes, there's no teams that I have any known issues with.

Interesting, I thought it odd that Warped could be a fan of both Montreal and Boston but for a hockey fan to have
no ill will towards another team is practically unheard of.

Somewhere in this house and somewhere on these boards is a picture of me wearing my Bruins sweater. My
now vintage late 70's Bruins sweater. When I was a mere lad I was a fan of black and gold; the Steelers, Pirates and
Bruins. I still own my hats, scarves and jerseys from all three but I don't tell anyone that. :-X

Written By: nally on 04/26/14 at 9:05 pm

Interesting, I thought it odd that Warped could be a fan of both Montreal and Boston but for a hockey fan to have

Somewhere in this house and somewhere on these boards is a picture of me wearing my Bruins sweater. My
now vintage late 70's Bruins sweater. When I was a mere lad I was a fan of black and gold; the Steelers, Pirates and
Bruins. I still own my hats, scarves and jerseys from all three but I don't tell anyone that. :-X

Maybe it's because I'm not as big on hockey as I am on baseball, I d'know. :-\\

Written By: warped on 04/27/14 at 7:49 pm

Chicago has advanced. Love it. 

Montreal is my home town, been a fan since the late 60s. Same reason for Boston...there was a guy on that team named Bobby Orr back then. He wasn't bad. Still a fan of both teams after almost 45 years.

Somewhere I have a few pics of me in a Philadelphia Eagles uniform (I got one when I was 5 or 6...but was too small to fit in it until I was 10)
I had the helmet, jersey, shoulder pads, pants..  One of my parents friends was a Norm Snead fan (ex Eagles QB)

I'll look for a pic.

Written By: loki 13 on 04/27/14 at 8:12 pm

Chicago has advanced. Love it. 

Montreal is my home town, been a fan since the late 60s. Same reason for Boston...there was a guy on that team named Bobby Orr back then. He wasn't bad. Still a fan of both teams after almost 45 years.

Somewhere I have a few pics of me in a Philadelphia Eagles uniform (I got one when I was 5 or 6...but was too small to fit in it until I was 10)
I had the helmet, jersey, shoulder pads, pants..  One of my parents friends was a Norm Snead fan (ex Eagles QB)

I'll look for a pic.

I liked the black and gold, having Bobby Orr on the team was a plus. It was Mrs. Monzo, the neighborhood (hot) hockey mom.
On Saturdays The Flyers held practice in the Spectrum. With a Tastycake cupcake wrapper you could get in for free. While
the other kids ran around the Spectrum like hooligans I sat with Mrs. Monzo and she taught me the rules of the game and
quite a bit of strategy. Thanks to her I found my love for hockey as a sport and not just colors. The Bruins sweater went
in the closet a Flyers sweater was bought and then they won two cups, not bad.

The Norm Snead era is the Eagles uniforms I like, I am not too found of the new green. When I got into my teen years I
realized it wasn't in my best interest to root for teams I couldn't follow so I went all in with the locals. I don't mind the
Steelers or Pirates but no way on Boston, Thanks Mrs. Monzo for setting this lost soul straight. ;D

Written By: warped on 04/29/14 at 6:52 am

Only 1 2nd round matchups is set.

In the East. Montreal Vs Boston. Pittsburgh will face the winner of NYR/PHI
In the west.  Anaheim will face the winner of L.A/SJ (can SJ really lose 4 in a row..wow)
Chicago will face the winner of Min/Col.

I hope Montreal beats Bos (but I'm OK if Boston wins), I hope whoever wins the NYR/PHI series beats Pittsburgh
I hope Anaheim and Chicago go through in the west.

Written By: nally on 04/29/14 at 6:57 pm

In the west.  Anaheim will face the winner of L.A/SJ (can SJ really lose 4 in a row..wow)

that should be interesting...

Written By: warped on 04/29/14 at 8:11 pm

that should be interesting...

It should. In addition, 2 more "Game 7's" tomorrow (unless the Rangers make an epic comeback tonight)

NYR vs PHI and MIN VS COL.

It would be so cool if Philly won game 7, because the playoff series between Pitts & Philly 2 years ago was *AMAZING*...
Like to see a repeat.

Written By: loki 13 on 04/30/14 at 6:02 pm

It should. In addition, 2 more "Game 7's" tomorrow (unless the Rangers make an epic comeback tonight)

NYR vs PHI and MIN VS COL.

It would be so cool if Philly won game 7, because the playoff series between Pitts & Philly 2 years ago was *AMAZING*...
Like to see a repeat.

I am getting ready to watch the game now. I don't think Pittsburgh wants the Flyers to win, they too remember that series.

Written By: loki 13 on 04/30/14 at 7:53 pm

This is painful to watch, do the Flyers realize this is a game 7. Unforced turnovers are killing them and they
have no puck presence. You can't do that in play off hockey and the Rangers are taking full advantage. I
feel sorry for Mason, he can only stand on his head so many times.

Written By: warped on 04/30/14 at 7:57 pm

This is painful to watch, do the Flyers realize this is a game 7. Unforced turnovers are killing them and they
have no puck presence. You can't do that in play off hockey and the Rangers are taking full advantage. I
feel sorry for Mason, he can only stand on his head so many times.

This is exactly how I am seeing the game too. Unforced turnovers and seems the Rangers want it more so far, winning most battles. Other than 1 great shift by Giroux in the 2nd, it was all NY.

Written By: loki 13 on 04/30/14 at 8:47 pm

The Flyers play like that the whole game we maybe having a different conversation. This is the NHL, this is the
play offs in the NHL, you cannot play one period of hockey and expect to win. I hate to say it but I want the
Rangers destroyed, Pittsburgh can lose the next series.

Written By: warped on 05/01/14 at 10:32 am

The Flyers play like that the whole game we maybe having a different conversation. This is the NHL, this is the
play offs in the NHL, you cannot play one period of hockey and expect to win. I hate to say it but I want the
Rangers destroyed, Pittsburgh can lose the next series.

I would have rather seen PHI/Pitts, coz I think Pittsburgh may have lost to them. Now? I don't think so.
SJ continues the be the underachieving franchise, blowing a 3 game lead. Wow.
Boston/Montreal tonight. I'll watch the game till its completion, even if it ends at 5am..10 overtimes.. ;D

Hart trophy nominees, Crosby/Getzlaf and Giroux. Sid should win..but I hope Getzlaf does..

Written By: nally on 05/04/14 at 11:37 am

And now, in the second round, the Kings have taken Game One against the Ducks, 3-2, in a battle of So-Cal teams. In the other West series, the Chicago Blackhawks defeated the Minnesota Wild on Friday night, 5-2, to take the first game of that series. (They play their second game later today.)
The Eastern side has the Montreal Canadiens and Boston Bruins tied up at a game apiece in their series, and the New York Rangers up 1 game to none on the Pittsburgh Penguins (who play Game Two tonight).

Written By: loki 13 on 05/04/14 at 1:03 pm

The Kings tied that game with 7 seconds left. When Richards' shot from the point with 13 seconds left was blocked
I thought the game was over, but a pass to the front of the net, a defensive deflection, a puck swatted out of mid
air and tie game.

Written By: nally on 05/05/14 at 11:07 pm

Penguins now up 2 games to 1 on the NY Rangers.

Blackhawks now up 2 games to none on the Minnesota Wild.

Kings-Ducks game two in progress.

Written By: warped on 05/07/14 at 9:18 pm

The Boston Montreal series is just amazing. 2-1 Montreal
The NYR /Pitts series is boring.  3-1 Pitts
The Chicago /Minnesota series is pretty good so far. 2-1 Chicago.
I haven't watched any of the California games. Games start too late.

Written By: nally on 05/12/14 at 7:23 pm

I haven't watched any of the California games. Games start too late.

Well...the Ducks-Kings series is tied at 2 games apiece, heading into play today.

Written By: nally on 05/13/14 at 7:18 pm

And last night the Ducks took a 3-games-to-2 series lead.

I will root for whichever of these teams advances to the next round.

Written By: warped on 05/14/14 at 6:07 am

Chicago and New York have advanced.  :)
New York will play the winner of Bos/Mtl, game 7 is tonight.  8)
For the first time since 1979, there will be 3 "Original six" teams.  And the other team will be a California team.
It's been an exciting playoffs so far.

Written By: nally on 05/16/14 at 11:55 pm

Kings have beaten the Ducks in the deciding game 7, so they advance to play the Chicago Blackhawks on Sunday.

Written By: danootaandme on 05/17/14 at 6:42 am

The Canadiens beat the Bruins so they will be playing the Rangers.  Some are saying it's Karma for the ugly tweets against Subban from Boston fans. I say the best team won.

Written By: warped on 05/26/14 at 4:11 pm

The Rangers are ahead 3 games to 1 and deserve to be, and they will be in the finals. No way will MTL's 3rd string goalie win 3 games in a row against New York.

The impressive L.A. Kings look like the team to beat, they have looked great against Chicago the last 2 games.

Written By: loki 13 on 05/28/14 at 9:01 pm

The Rangers are ahead 3 games to 1 and deserve to be, and they will be in the finals. No way will MTL's 3rd string goalie win 3 games in a row against New York.

The impressive L.A. Kings look like the team to beat, they have looked great against Chicago the last 2 games.

Montreal wasn't ready to call it quits, I hope they keep it up. I really don't want to see a Kings/ Rangers series but
if that is what it comes to.....Anybody but the Rangers!

For the most part, this play off year has been really entertaining. Come back wins, blow outs, rough stuff, it pretty
much had it all.

Written By: warped on 05/28/14 at 9:05 pm

Montreal wasn't ready to call it quits, I hope they keep it up. I really don't want to see a Kings/ Rangers series but
if that is what it comes to.....Anybody but the Rangers!

For the most part, this play off year has been really entertaining. Come back wins, blow outs, rough stuff, it pretty
much had it all.

It has been entertaining.

I don't wanna see a Kings/Rangers final either, but I think that is what we will get. I don't think NYR has a chance against L.A. 
L.A. is playing so well, they seem unbeatable. Who knew they'd be alive when they trailed SJ, 3 games to 0 in the first round.

Written By: warped on 05/29/14 at 9:49 pm

Congrats to the New York Rangers for reaching the Stanley Cup Final (by beating my team)

They await to winner of the Chicago/L.A. series

Written By: nally on 06/01/14 at 9:53 pm

Just now checking on it... and it's a 4-4 tie at the end of regulation in Game Seven... so this means they'll have to go to OT.

Written By: nally on 06/01/14 at 10:14 pm

Kings have won!!

Written By: warped on 06/02/14 at 12:20 pm

The final will be the New York Rangers Vs the L.A. Kings

Who do I cheer for? I'll cheer for New York, only because they are an east coast team and were one of the original six. However, I do think L.A. is a better team and they will win.

Nothing epidomizes NHL ice hockey more than games in California during the month of June.  ::)

Written By: loki 13 on 06/03/14 at 4:34 pm

The final will be the New York Rangers Vs the L.A. Kings

Who do I cheer for? I'll cheer for New York, only because they are an east coast team and were one of the original six. However, I do think L.A. is a better team and they will win.

Nothing epidomizes NHL ice hockey more than games in California during the month of June.  ::)

This is a dilemma for me. Both Richards and Carter didn't really want to play in Philadelphia. The Flyers didn't, nor
would they have if they had stayed, win the Stanley Cup. Both had nothing nice to say about the city or the fans
upon their departure. For that reason I didn't want any success for teams they play for.

Now being a Flyer fan; a scream at the tv, jump off the couch fan of the Flyers. Plus a resident of Southern New Jersey
I cannot in good conscience cheer for any team bearing the New York moniker. Like I said .....dilemma!

Whom do I abhor most.......Let's go Kings.

Written By: warped on 06/03/14 at 6:01 pm

Whom do I abhor most.......Let's go Kings.

So, I guess you are in the court of the crimson...king... :P

Spoken like a true fan. You should be president of the Kings fan club.

I am cheering for NY because I don't really like any California team in any sport, except maybe the SF Giants. Probably because I lived in the east most of my life and I have no connection to any California team. When games in California started, I went to bed. (10:30pm or 11pm our time). I never got to see them play.

But if I lived in California like Nally, I'd like the teams there.
The Kings are the favorite here.  They are playing excellent hockey.

Written By: loki 13 on 06/05/14 at 5:27 pm

I didn't see the whole game but what I did see, the Kings looked a little flat. The first period definitely
belonged to the Rangers. I feel real bad for the Rangers, to outplay a team and still get beat...it's
a shame... ::)

Written By: warped on 06/05/14 at 5:33 pm

I didn't see the whole game but what I did see, the Kings looked a little flat. The first period definitely
belonged to the Rangers. I feel real bad for the Rangers, to outplay a team and still get beat...it's
a shame... ::)

Kings looked flat starting out, but they outshot New York 20 to 3 in the 3rd period.  Kings dominated the 3rd.

I know you are down...my condolences to you...keep your spirits up.  I know it's a dream for every Flyer fan to watch the Rangers win the cup.  ;) :D

Written By: loki 13 on 06/05/14 at 6:06 pm

Kings looked flat starting out, but they outshot L.A 20 to 3 in the 3rd period.  Kings dominated the 3rd.

I know you are down...my condolences to you...keep your spirits up.  I know it's a dream for every Flyer fan to watch the Rangers win the cup.  ;) :D

The last I have seen of the game the Rangers were up 2-1. I knew the Kings tied the game but I didn't see the goal and
I watched a little bit of the third, but only about 2 minutes.

We especially like it when Carcillo lights the lamp. How did we ever let that goal scoring machine get away from us. :P

Written By: nally on 06/08/14 at 12:57 am

Game Two: NYR scored early, but the Kings came back to win 5-4 and take a 2-games-to-none series lead.

Written By: warped on 06/08/14 at 12:44 pm

Game Two: NYR scored early, but the Kings came back to win 5-4 and take a 2-games-to-none series lead.

They seem to be the team of destiny.

They won game 7 against Chicago, and the first two games in the finals..and have never led any of those three games at any point.
Let's see if they keep it up in New York.

Maybe if great Ranger fans like loki went to MSG and supported his team with loud cheers, it might work...except Loki is wearing a Flyers jersey and will be jumped on by 40 drunk Ranger fans when he screams "Rangers F*****' suck! F*** 'em all!"  ;)

Written By: loki 13 on 06/08/14 at 12:57 pm

Maybe if great Ranger fans like loki went to MSG and supported his team with loud cheers, it might work...except Loki is wearing a Flyers jersey and will be jumped on by 40 drunk Ranger fans when he screams "Rangers F*****' suck! F*** 'em all!"  ;)

Sounds like a blast! It wouldn't be the first time in a tussle with Ranger fans. Maybe I can dig up an old Flyers
sweater with Richards, Carter or Williams on the back, that'll really rile them up.

Written By: warped on 06/08/14 at 1:06 pm

Sounds like a blast! It wouldn't be the first time in a tussle with Ranger fans. Maybe I can dig up an old Flyers
sweater with Richards, Carter or Williams on the back, that'll really rile them up.

Imagine if those 3 were still with the Flyers. And Van Riemsdyk too.

I've only had tussles with Toronto fans. Being a Montreal fans and living in Toronto was interesting, esp when I wore my Habs jersey to a Leaf game. I've been told by fans and media here that the most difficult fans in the league (on other teams) are Boston and Philly. If you wear another teams jersey in Philadelphia or Boston, be prepared to get hassled a lot, or beer dumped on, or bullied around. (Or worse)

Written By: loki 13 on 06/08/14 at 1:55 pm

Imagine if those 3 were still with the Flyers. And Van Riemsdyk too.

I've only had tussles with Toronto fans. Being a Montreal fans and living in Toronto was interesting, esp when I wore my Habs jersey to a Leaf game. I've been told by fans and media here that the most difficult fans in the league (on other teams) are Boston and Philly. If you wear another teams jersey in Philadelphia or Boston, be prepared to get hassled a lot, or beer dumped on, or bullied around. (Or worse)

All those stories are completely false. We here in Philadelphia embrace fans of a different team. Sometimes...maybe...
we embrace them a little too tight or that high five we're trying to give them misses the mark and say... accidentally
contacts a jaw. We are all just a fun loving bunch. ::)

Written By: warped on 06/08/14 at 4:22 pm

All those stories are completely false. We here in Philadelphia embrace fans of a different team. Sometimes...maybe...
we embrace them a little too tight or that high five we're trying to give them misses the mark and say... accidentally
contacts a jaw. We are all just a fun loving bunch. ::)

I figured the stories were false.
Philly fans are so great, when they see a fan with a Montreal jersey, they wanna grab him and shake his hand so desperately, that they accidentally rip off part of the jersey. Then they get so excited to give him a free beer, that they just miss handing it to the guys hand, instead it spills on that partially ripped jersey and sometimes over their head. Oops! Honest mistake.
Philly fans; your hospitality is so touching, sometimes the ushers and security need to get involved and separate you from the overly fun loving fans for your own good, you don't wanna be overwhelmed with too much love at first. Come back a second time, and Philly fans will love you even more.

Written By: loki 13 on 06/08/14 at 5:19 pm

I figured the stories were false.
Philly fans are so great, when they see a fan with a Montreal jersey, they wanna grab him and shake his hand so desperately, that they accidentally rip off part of the jersey. Then they get so excited to give him a free beer, that they just miss handing it to the guys hand, instead it spills on that partially ripped jersey and sometimes over their head. Oops! Honest mistake.
Philly fans; your hospitality is so touching, sometimes the ushers and security need to get involved and separate you from the overly fun loving fans for your own good, you don't wanna be overwhelmed with too much love at first. Come back a second time, and Philly fans will love you even more.

See, I knew you would understand.  ;D

Truth be told, those days are waning. Like most arenas throughout the sports world, it is getting too expensive for
the average fan to attend games. While the average, knock 'em out fan is left out, the suit wearing businessman
is taking his place. Suits aren't ruffians and couldn't care less what color your sweater is. The problem now is in the
drinking establishment that surround the arena.

Written By: warped on 06/09/14 at 8:24 am

See, I knew you would understand.  ;D

Truth be told, those days are waning. Like most arenas throughout the sports world, it is getting too expensive for
the average fan to attend games. While the average, knock 'em out fan is left out, the suit wearing businessman
is taking his place. Suits aren't ruffians and couldn't care less what color your sweater is. The problem now is in the
drinking establishment that surround the arena.

Same thing here. I can't afford a game anymore. Ticket prices are too high. It's hard for the average joe to get to a game anymore. Or a rock concert.  Only rich people can afford to go now. Things have certainly changed in 25 (or so) years.
When I was a kid I attended several Montreal Expos games at Jarry Park. I sat in the bleachers. I paid 50 cents for a ticket (on half price bleacher days). 

Written By: nally on 06/09/14 at 11:38 pm

Same thing here. I can't afford a game anymore. Ticket prices are too high. It's hard for the average joe to get to a game anymore. Or a rock concert.  Only rich people can afford to go now. Things have certainly changed in 25 (or so) years.

Or to a theme park. In fact, my family and I were just talking about this at the dinner table not too long ago; we, too, are kinda disappointed about not being able to afford things like this.... unless we somehow win free tickets or somethin' like that. It's kinda sad, the way prices have gone up over the years. :-\\

When I was a kid I attended several Montreal Expos games at Jarry Park. I sat in the bleachers. I paid 50 cents for a ticket (on half price bleacher days).

50 cents, wow!

And likewise, I attended several Dodgers games as a kid. Since my teen years, the only times we've been able to go to games is when we've won tickets, or knew someone who had tickets to go.

Written By: nally on 06/09/14 at 11:40 pm

Game Three is in the books; final score LA 3, NYR 0... same with the number of games won, respectively, for the teams.

Written By: warped on 06/10/14 at 12:13 pm

Game Three is in the books; final score LA 3, NYR 0... same with the number of games won, respectively, for the teams.

I don't see the Kinds losing 4 games in a row.
Who knew L.A. would be this close to winning after being down 3-0 to San Jose in round 1.
never giver up!

Carter scored last night, so did Richards, and Williams got an assist on the Carter goal. Going to MSG & wearing a Flyers jersey (with either name on it) would have been EPIC last night.  ;D

Written By: nally on 06/11/14 at 11:25 pm

It's not over yet... as NYR finally wins a game.

Written By: warped on 06/12/14 at 6:47 am

It's not over yet... as NYR finally wins a game.

Yes they did, It was a wonderful game, I thoroughly enjoyed it. L.A. came so close to tying the game at the end. Next game is Friday.

Written By: warped on 06/14/14 at 7:40 am

Congrats to the L.A. Kings for winning the Stanley Cup
It was only a 5 game series but all the games were close, the Rangers never ever gave up. Either team could have won last night.

Loki must be so sad and probably threw his Ranger jersey against the wall, which knocked down a few Ranger pennants hanging there, and they  fell on a 8 foot sized custom made NY Ranger carpet of his.

Well, maybe your Rangers can win it all next year.
"There's always next year" says Chicago Cubs fans.

Written By: loki 13 on 06/14/14 at 9:42 am

Congrats to the L.A. Kings for winning the Stanley Cup
It was only a 5 game series but all the games were close, the Rangers never ever gave up. Either team could have won last night.

Loki must be so sad and probably threw his Ranger jersey against the wall, which knocked down a few Ranger pennants hanging there, and they  fell on a 8 foot sized custom made NY Ranger carpet of his.

Well, maybe your Rangers can win it all next year.
"There's always next year" says Chicago Cubs fans.

>:( :\'( :\'( :\'( :( :( :( :) :) :) :) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D.

I must say, even though it was the Rangers involved, that was one hell of a hockey game. As much as I despise
the Rangers, as happy as I am they were denied the joys of a cup, I cannot deny they way they played the game.
It was hard fought and entertaining. The type of game a fan of hockey can enjoy, I have to tip my hat to them.

Man did those words taste bitter.  8-P

There is always next year for all of us....By the way, between periods I watched the Phillies almost get shut out....again....
by those same, run producing machines, The Cubs. Thanks for reminding me!

Written By: nally on 06/14/14 at 11:05 pm

Congratz to the Kings... for their second Stanley Cup title in three seasons. I'm proud of my team for achieving this.

The NYR played well, too; so i gotta give 'em credit for that.

Check for new replies or respond here...