inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bengals Choke Again In Playoffs

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/10/16 at 1:56 am

Marvin Lewis now owns the record of playoff coaching futility, 7 consecutive losses and counting. This time, though, they should have won. Leading 16-15 with 1:33 remaining, Jeremy Hill fumbles deep in Steeler territory, and two 15 yard penalties by the defense results in a game winning field goal for Pittsburgh. Well at least the Chiefs finally won one.

Subject: Re: Bengals Choke Again In Playoffs

Written By: mqg96 on 01/10/16 at 8:05 am

This was just pathetic, deflating, demoralizing, dreadful, heartbreaking, devastating, inexcusable, deplorable, embarrassing, disgraceful, and abysmal. Are the Bengals really that cursed after all of what happened? They get the game winning touchdown from AJ McCarron to AJ Green, and then they force the interception and they feel like "Marvin Levis FINALLY has a playoff win, let's celebrate!" woah woah woah... HOLD UP, you gotta run out of the clock first. Then Jeremy Hill gets the ball and guess what happens, he FUMBLES >:( the game away, and Ben Roethlisberger gets another chance to win it, but some stupid boneheaded penalties by the Bengals immediately got the Steelers in field goal range, and boom, the kick is up, and it's good. All the Bengals players, coaching staff, and fans were crying like babies. 25 going on 26 years and counting without a playoff win. Marvin Levis got to go..... who is now 0-7 in the playoffs as you stated, in one of the most ugliest brawls I've ever seen. The Bengals fans were classless up the stands throwing trash and debris on Ben Roethlisberger when he was injured, and they cheered for the other injured players as well. Yeah, I get it the Bengals & Steelers hate in each other, but that's no excuse for how ugly things got on the sidelines. I have to admit though I feel for AJ Green and some of the other Bengals players on offense who actually cared about winning instead of getting chippy. This will go down as one of the most heartbreaking playoff losses in NFL history. I'd hate to be a Bengals fan right now. Congrats to the Steelers THEY deserved the win.

Written By: tv on 03/05/16 at 7:27 pm

This was just pathetic, deflating, demoralizing, dreadful, heartbreaking, devastating, inexcusable, deplorable, embarrassing, disgraceful, and abysmal. Are the Bengals really that cursed after all of what happened? They get the game winning touchdown from AJ McCarron to AJ Green, and then they force the interception and they feel like "Marvin Levis FINALLY has a playoff win, let's celebrate!" woah woah woah... HOLD UP, you gotta run out of the clock first. Then Jeremy Hill gets the ball and guess what happens, he FUMBLES >:( the game away, and Ben Roethlisberger gets another chance to win it, but some stupid boneheaded penalties by the Bengals immediately got the Steelers in field goal range, and boom, the kick is up, and it's good. All the Bengals players, coaching staff, and fans were crying like babies. 25 going on 26 years and counting without a playoff win. Marvin Levis got to go..... who is now 0-7 in the playoffs as you stated, in one of the most ugliest brawls I've ever seen. The Bengals fans were classless up the stands throwing trash and debris on Ben Roethlisberger when he was injured, and they cheered for the other injured players as well. Yeah, I get it the Bengals & Steelers hate in each other, but that's no excuse for how ugly things got on the sidelines. I have to admit though I feel for AJ Green and some of the other Bengals players on offense who actually cared about winning instead of getting chippy. This will go down as one of the most heartbreaking playoff losses in NFL history. I'd hate to be a Bengals fan right now. Congrats to the Steelers THEY deserved the win.
Yeah why does Marvin Lewis still coach the Cincinnati Bengals? Its been 13-14 years that he has been coaching the Bengals and no playoff wins to show for it. I think its time for Marvin Lewis to go but it won't happen yet.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 03/05/16 at 7:32 pm

Yeah why does Marvin Lewis still coach the Cincinnati Bengals? Its been 13-14 years that he has been coaching the Bengals and no playoff wins to show for it. I think its time for Marvin Lewis to go but it won't happen yet.

Or maybe he should be fired by the Bengals, and move on to another NFL team. Besides, he wasn't that bad. He was the assistant coach for the Baltimore Ravens in the 2000-01 season, who won the Super Bowl.

Written By: tv on 03/05/16 at 8:47 pm

Or maybe he should be fired by the Bengals, and move on to another NFL team. Besides, he wasn't that bad. He was the assistant coach for the Baltimore Ravens in the 2000-01 season, who won the Super Bowl.
Yeah I think he would be good to coach another team.

Written By: Indy Gent on 03/27/16 at 1:01 pm

Yeah I think he would be good to coach another team.

There might be an opening for a Ravens coach soon, considering John Harbaugh's losing record this season.

Check for new replies or respond here...