inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2016 NBA Finals Game 7 Thread

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/17/16 at 1:57 pm

It may be a bit early to start a thread like this, but I just want to talk about this year's NBA Finals. Even though we don't have that much NBA fans here, it's exciting to see the Warriors and Cavaliers duke it out on Sunday's Game 7. Especially when this year's Game 7 could take the Cavaliers' first NBA championship in franchise history.

Subject: Re: 2016 NBA Finals Game 7 Thread

Written By: nally on 06/17/16 at 6:31 pm

It might be epic. I know I won't be watching it, but I will congratulate whichever team wins it all.

Written By: snozberries on 06/18/16 at 11:00 am

#GoWARRIORS!!!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/18/16 at 12:29 pm

#GoCavs

Written By: snozberries on 06/18/16 at 1:40 pm

#GoWARRIORS!!!

#GoCavs

based on size alone I already won...  :D ;D

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/18/16 at 10:27 pm

Man tomorrow is going to be one hell of a game! :D

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/19/16 at 10:21 am

based on size alone I already won...  :D ;D

#GoCAVS

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/19/16 at 10:22 am

Well tonight is going to be the final game for this year's NBA Finals.

Written By: nally on 06/19/16 at 9:31 pm

Right now it is awfully close in score...with a few minutes left in regulation.... :o

Written By: nally on 06/19/16 at 9:43 pm

And now it's over.

Congrats Cavs.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/19/16 at 9:44 pm

Congratulations to the Cleveland Cavaliers for winning their first ever NBA championship. People there in Cleveland have been waiting 52 years for one of their professional sports teams to win a championship, and that moment ends there. Finally, something really exciting happens for this year.

#GoCAVALIERS!!!

Written By: snozberries on 06/19/16 at 10:10 pm

Well I'm bummed but it was a great game!

Written By: mqg96 on 06/19/16 at 11:04 pm

YEESSS!!!!!!!!! I'M SO DAMN HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!! I almost cried in tears of joy!

Even though I haven't been in the sports thread in a looong time! This was probably the greatest NBA finals I ever witnessed my whole life! Congratulations to LeBron and the Cleveland Cavaliers! What a great story. So much history was made tonight. First team in NBA history to come back down from a 3-1 deficit to win the finals, on the road in Game 7, against a highly favored team who broke the record for the most regular season wins in NBA history. This had to be the sweetest one of all!

You gotta give Golden State a lot of credit though, a true champion has to go through loses too, and hopefully Curry, Thompson, and the others will learn from this and come back next year for another run! But I was getting tired of the Golden State bandwagoners though.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/19/16 at 11:05 pm

and it was! When it was tied at 89 for like the last minute and a half of the game  :o

Written By: mxcrashxm on 06/19/16 at 11:09 pm

Congratulations to the Cleveland Cavaliers for winning their first ever NBA championship. People there in Cleveland have been waiting 68 years for one of their professional sports teams to win a championship, and that moment ends there. Finally, something really exciting happens for this year.

#GoCAVALIERS!!!
More like 52 years

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/20/16 at 9:15 am

YEESSS!!!!!!!!! I'M SO DAMN HAPPY RIGHT NOW!!!! I almost cried in tears of joy!

Even though I haven't been in the sports thread in a looong time! This was probably the greatest NBA finals I ever witnessed my whole life! Congratulations to LeBron and the Cleveland Cavaliers! What a great story. So much history was made tonight. First team in NBA history to come back down from a 3-1 deficit to win the finals, on the road in Game 7, against a highly favored team who broke the record for the most regular season wins in NBA history. This had to be the sweetest one of all!

You gotta give Golden State a lot of credit though, a true champion has to go through loses too, and hopefully Curry, Thompson, and the others will learn from this and come back next year for another run! But I was getting tired of the Golden State bandwagoners though.

I just had to watch Game 7 because it seemed like one of the greatest games for any NBA Finals. Just seeing every quarter was amazing, and that it balanced on who would win the championship this year. If it wasn't for Lebron, then Cleveland would've still had that half-century champ drought of theirs.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/20/16 at 9:19 am

Well I'm bummed but it was a great game!

Curry did great though. You gotta give him that for almost winning the game.

Written By: nally on 06/20/16 at 10:51 am

More like 52 years

Oh that's right, the Cleveland Browns (NFL) won the 1964 NFL Championship Game.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/20/16 at 12:20 pm

Oh that's right, the Cleveland Browns (NFL) won the 1964 NFL Championship Game.

Yeah. I thought it was 68 years, because that's when the Cleveland Indians won their recent World Series in 1948. I never really thought the Browns were counted because it wasn't that important to me when I wrote that post.

Written By: nally on 06/20/16 at 12:25 pm

Yeah. I thought it was 68 years, because that's when the Cleveland Indians won their recent World Series in 1948. I never really thought the Browns were counted because it wasn't that important to me when I wrote that post.

Same with me. I haven't followed pro football a great deal... and the Championship Game was the final contest in the NFL before the Super Bowl came along.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/20/16 at 1:19 pm

Same with me. I haven't followed pro football a great deal... and the Championship Game was the final contest in the NFL before the Super Bowl came along.

Yeah. It seems like that. But I'm pretty sure it was important for Cleveland, because they haven't won anything from a professional sports league in over 50 years before the Cavs won.

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 06/22/16 at 1:12 am

I'm a little late, but... Congrats to the Cavs and Lebron for FINALLY FINALLY getting Cleveland a championship for the first time in a VERY VERY long time!

Written By: Baltimoreian on 06/22/16 at 8:20 am

I'm a little late, but... Congrats to the Cavs and Lebron for FINALLY FINALLY getting Cleveland a championship for the first time in a VERY VERY long time!

Same for me. Even though I don't live in Cleveland, I could be proud for the city to have the Cavs win their first pro sports championship in over 50 years.

Check for new replies or respond here...