inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2016-17 NFL Playoffs (official thread)

Written By: mqg96 on 01/15/17 at 10:07 am

I'm extremely late for this, but I'm going to go ahead and make this, since I seem to be the biggest NFL fan on this entire site, and we've already gotten through half of the divisional round playoffs. Last week in the wildcard playoffs, on the NFC side we had #5 New York Giants (11-5) at #4 Green Bay Packers (10-6), #6 Detroit Lions (9-7) at #3 Seattle Seahawks (10-5-1), and on the AFC side we had #5 Oakland Raiders (12-4) at #4 Houston Texans (9-7), #6 Miami Dolphins (10-6) at #3 Pittsburgh Steelers (11-5). This year in the wildcard playoffs all the home teams won in blowout fashion, which is funny because last season it was all of the road teams who won the wildcard playoffs. So now we're in the divisional round playoffs where on the NFC side we have #3 Seattle Seahawks (10-5-1) at #2 Atlanta Falcons (11-5), #4 Green Bay Packers (10-6) at #1 Dallas Cowboys (13-3), and on the AFC side we have #3 Pittsburgh Steelers (11-5) at #2 Kansas City Chiefs (12-4), #4 Houston Texans (9-7) at New England Patriots (14-2). So far the Falcons (GO DIRTYBIRDS!!!) have defeated the Seahawks 36-20 and the Patriots have defeated the the Texans 34-16 (no surprise here). Tonight we have the Packers vs. Cowboys and Steelers vs. Chiefs. Feel free to discuss anything about these teams in the playoffs. Who are the biggest threats left? Any of your favorite teams in the postseason right now with a chance at the Super Bowl?

2016-17 NFL Wildcard Playoff Highlights

-VFEZLsd5RQ rD8XRjYBwrA

H1U48LddfK0 waOVOlkShAI

Subject: Re: 2016-17 NFL Playoffs (official thread)

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 01/15/17 at 7:28 pm

As a Giants fan I was absolutely disgusted in how we played last week >:( Too many fumbles, missed catches, lack of coverage for the QB, etc. Hopefully we do well next year!

Btw, I saw the Falcons v. Seahawks game yesterday and I could tell you're happy mqg ;)

Written By: mqg96 on 01/15/17 at 7:53 pm

As a Giants fan I was absolutely disgusted in how we played last week >:( Too many fumbles, missed catches, lack of coverage for the QB, etc. Hopefully we do well next year!

Btw, I saw the Falcons v. Seahawks game yesterday and I could tell you're happy mqg ;)

Just saw the Packers beat the top seeded Cowboys 34-31 which was heartbreaking for the Cowboys, but at the same time now my Falcons will get one last game in the Georgia Dome, but it's going to be a brutal challenge for our defense against red hot Aaron Rodgers who has now won 8 straight games since his "run the table" statement! Man I'm extremely nervous about this game against the Packers. The closer we get to next Sunday, the faster my heart is going to beat. It's going to feel like I'm on my first NASA trip to the moon throughout the NFC Championship game. I don't know if my blood pressure is going to handle it but I have to believe including the crowd!

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 01/15/17 at 9:50 pm

Just saw the Packers beat the top seeded Cowboys 34-31 which was heartbreaking for the Cowboys, but at the same time now my Falcons will get one last game in the Georgia Dome, but it's going to be a brutal challenge for our defense against red hot Aaron Rodgers who has now won 8 straight games since his "run the table" statement! Man I'm extremely nervous about this game against the Packers. The closer we get to next Sunday, the faster my heart is going to beat. It's going to feel like I'm on my first NASA trip to the moon throughout the NFC Championship game. I don't know if my blood pressure is going to handle it but I have to believe including the crowd!

Hopefully you guys overcome as I cannot stand the Packers. I know if you guys win this would be your first Championship win since 1999 :o

Defending against Aaron Rodgers is going to be tough though, especially since he has exceptional coverage and is known to throw 'miracle hail mary's'

Written By: mqg96 on 01/22/17 at 7:47 pm

2016-17 NFL Divisional Round Highlights

h6aiv5D7DVw o3sojpWw_Yo

HBuW3TmVe30 lBfyg_cJexw

Conference Championship weekend is here!

#4 Green Bay Packers (10-6) @ #2 Atlanta Falcons (11-5) and #3 Pittsburgh Steelers @ #1 New England Patriots

Well guys, for the first time in my whole life, I finally get to witness my home team in the Super Bowl! I think I had tears of joy in my eyes! I can't believe this is finally happening! :D :o It's the 2nd Super Bowl in our franchise history but it's the first one I can remember obvious, since I was only a toddler when my Falcons went to their last one in 1998-99 when we defeated the Vikings on the road for our first NFC championship win. Now this year we get our 2nd NFC championship title at home against another NFC North team, the Green Bay Packers! We shutdown Aaron Rodgers and proved those doubters wrong! What an afford!

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 01/22/17 at 9:00 pm

Well guys, for the first time in my whole life, I finally get to witness my home team in the Super Bowl! I think I had tears of joy in my eyes! I can't believe this is finally happening! :D :o It's the 2nd Super Bowl in our franchise history but it's the first one I can remember obvious, since I was only a toddler when my Falcons went to their last one in 1998-99 when we defeated the Vikings on the road for our first NFC championship win. Now this year we get our 2nd NFC championship title at home against another NFC North team, the Green Bay Packers! We shutdown Aaron Rodgers and proved those doubters wrong! What an afford!

I'm happy you finally get the chance to see the Falcons advance to the Super Bowl! I know that the 1998 NFC Championship Game where the Falcons upset the Vikings was one of the seminal moments of my childhood, but I was honestly beginning to think that I would never get another chance to see them in the Big Game. I just hope things end better than they did in 1998. Watching the Falcons get destroyed by the Broncos in the Super Bowl was NOT fun! >:(

Sadly, we'll have to spend the next two weeks hearing the pundits talk about how badly the Falcons will get crushed by the Patriots. Hopefully, they'll be just as wrong then as they were today. ;D

Check for new replies or respond here...