inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Another Pats Super Bowl Title, Another Choke Job For Atlanta

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/05/17 at 10:33 pm

BTW, I miss this year and I'm glad I did. It took overtime, but the Falcons still lost. And Brady got a cheap 466 yards passing and another SB MVP.  And I also read the Atlanta coaching was terrible after leading 21- 3 at halftime. Of course they're young, but younger teams win the NCAA basketball tournament, so the Falcons have no excuse. Congrats to the Patriots (groan!). And do better next year, Atlanta (that includes the Braves and Hawks, too.

Subject: Re: Another Pats Super Bowl Title, Another Choke Job For Atlanta

Written By: mqg96 on 02/05/17 at 10:55 pm

We actually lead 28-3, a 25 point lead.... what a f**king way to lose the Atlanta sports way! Still no ring!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

That was the most heartbreaking football loss I've ever witnessed my whole life.

Written By: tv on 02/05/17 at 10:57 pm

BTW, I miss this year and I'm glad I did. It took overtime, but the Falcons still lost. And Brady got a cheap 466 yards passing and another SB MVP.  And I also read the Atlanta coaching was terrible after leading 21- 3 at halftime. Of course they're young, but younger teams win the NCAA basketball tournament, so the Falcons have no excuse. Congrats to the Patriots (groan!). And do better next year, Atlanta (that includes the Braves and Hawks, too.
The Hawks have actually been pretty good since the 2008-2009 season. I know they didn't win the NBA Championship and lost in the Eastern Conference Finals to the Cavs in "Their Dream Season" of 2014-2015 when they went 60-22 in the regular season and even went undefeated for a whole month in January 2015.

The Hawks were an embarrassment from 2000-2005 when they traded off players from their mid to late 1990's teams like Steve Smith,, Mookie Blaylock, and Mutumbo. I do believe the Steve Smith trade for Isiah Rider(Big Mistake) cost Pete Babcock his job as General Manager of the Hawks.

Written By: tv on 02/05/17 at 11:02 pm

We actually lead 28-3, a 25 point lead.... what a f**king way to lose the Atlanta sports way! Still no ring!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

That was the most heartbreaking football loss I've ever witnessed my whole life.
I feel a little bad for the Falcons since my uncle lives in the Atlanta 'Burb's. I even texted him earlier today(well 1:30 pm yesterday) and wished the Falcons good luck. I knew once Matt Ryan got sacked and the Falcons were pushed out of Field Goal Range to possibly make the game a 2 possession game(31-20) that the Falcons were in trouble.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 02/05/17 at 11:26 pm

They were about 15 minutes away from winning a super bowl ring. I'm honestly wondering how were the Patriots able to make that comeback. They were getting destroyed by the Falcons for most of the game.

Written By: mach!ne_he@d on 02/06/17 at 11:58 am

I feel the same way. This was so much worse than 1998, because back then we all kinda knew that it would take a miracle for the Falcons to beat Elway and the Broncos. For Atlanta to blow a Super Bowl this way is just so shocking and incredible that I'm not sure if I will ever get over this one.

I'm just glad that I got to see the Braves win a World Series in 1995, because I'm honestly beginning to believe that that might be the last championship an Atlanta team wins in my lifetime. :\'(

Written By: nally on 02/06/17 at 12:11 pm

I'm just glad that I got to see the Braves win a World Series in 1995, because I'm honestly beginning to believe that that might be the last championship an Atlanta team wins in my lifetime. :\'(

Yes, that was the only WS title they achieved, during their long run of consecutive division titles. They had great pitching and hitting during those years.

Anyhoo, congratz to the Pats. I didn't watch any portion of the game, but I happened to find out who won after turning on the TV last night to QVC, and they were advertising champion shirts for the winning team.

Written By: Baltimoreian on 02/07/17 at 4:28 pm

Yes, that was the only WS title they achieved, during their long run of consecutive division titles. They had great pitching and hitting during those years.

Anyhoo, congratz to the Pats. I didn't watch any portion of the game, but I happened to find out who won after turning on the TV last night to QVC, and they were advertising champion shirts for the winning team.

I rooted for the Falcons through the entire Super Bowl. Just so that I could see people in Atlanta see their favorite NFL team win the Super Bowl for the first time. Especially when they never saw any professional team win the big game since 1995 (with the Braves winning the WS). I had no problem with this since I live in New York, and I had the Yankees win a couple WS rings in my life (2000 and 2009). However, I just have to feel disappointed after seeing the Falcons lose it all in the first Super Bowl with overtime. But with that, it feels rather historical with reaching overtime after 50 previous Super Bowls.

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/11/17 at 8:29 pm

To me, I didn't root for the Falcons as I did rooting against the Patriots. As a four decade resident of Indy, and as a  30 year Colts fan, dislike B&B ever since Spygate and was glad Brady decided to sit out the first 4 games due to Deflategate (albeit a year too late). The fact that the team started 3-1 without him proves Belichick's system was the reason for the success and not as much Brady. I do hope the Colts recover in the '17-'28 season under Luck and reach the Super Bowl so we can finally defeat B&B and the rest of the Pats' team.

Check for new replies or respond here...