inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2018 MLB Season

Written By: nally on 02/23/18 at 6:21 pm

Spring training started today, with Dodgers routing the Whitesox 13-5. This included contributions from Matt Kemp, who returned to the team via trade during the offseason.

Any predictions for this season? Will the Dodgers win their first WS title in 30 years? Will the Indians break a 70-year drought? Or will some other team(s) be in contention this year?

Subject: Re: 2018 MLB Season

Written By: nally on 02/25/18 at 5:13 pm

Well?

I know it's kinda early, given that spring training has just started, and it's about 5 1/2 wks until opening day, but I'm sure we can try to make some predictions for the season.

Written By: nally on 03/19/18 at 11:09 pm

Regular season begins in ten days!! I can hardly wait!

This year, ALL 30 teams will begin on the same day, namely March 29th. It'll be the first time in 50 years that all teams have a consensus opening day, and the first time ever that all teams will open the season this early.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/26/18 at 7:31 pm

My prediction for the 2018 MLB season is that the Yankees will appear in the World Series for the first time since 2009.

I also predict that the Dodgers will make it back to the World Series.

Written By: nally on 03/28/18 at 12:30 am

^ That should be interesting. Both teams should have the potential.

And today (Tuesday) was the final official day of spring training/exhibition games. This included an Angels-Dodgers game that was halted in the 5th inning due to a broken irrigation system.
Sewage leak spills onto field

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/28/18 at 7:32 am

^ That should be interesting. Both teams should have the potential.

And today (Tuesday) was the final official day of spring training/exhibition games. This included an Angels-Dodgers game that was halted in the 5th inning due to a broken irrigation system.
Sewage leak spills onto field

Eh disgusting, that sucks 8-P.

Written By: nally on 03/28/18 at 5:31 pm

Eh disgusting, that sucks 8-P.

yeah, I was watching it on TV and it started right in the middle of an at-bat in the bottom of the 5th. Dodgers were ahead, so they "won" their final exhibition game by default.

Tomorrow it is Opening Day for all 30 teams!! :D

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/28/18 at 5:33 pm

Tomorrow it is Opening Day for all 30 teams!! :D

http://mlor.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/lets-play-ball.gif

Written By: nally on 03/29/18 at 12:34 pm

One game -- Pirates at Tigers -- has been postponed due to inclement weather. So it'll be made up tomorrow instead (which works, since tomorrow was originally slated to be an off day for both teams).

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/29/18 at 6:04 pm

THE YANKEES WIN!!!

http://i10.glitter-graphics.org/pub/137/137680hcf9jtyiop.gif

Giancarlo Stanton huts 2 homeruns in his Yankees debut. Gardner homered, Luis Severino pitched well and the Yankees beat the Blue Jays, 6-1.

Written By: nally on 03/30/18 at 5:46 pm

Dudgers suffered their first opening day loss since 2010. What made it worse is that Curtain Clayshaw didn't get any run support. :-[ What made it even worse than that is that it was at home against the GIANTS. >:(

Written By: loki 13 on 03/30/18 at 6:15 pm

The Phillies lost their opener. They were ahead 5-0 but new manager Gabe Kapler decides to play
the analytical game and pulled Aaron Nola and the pen gave up 3 home runs and the game.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 6:34 pm

Dudgers suffered their first opening day loss since 2010. What made it worse is that Curtain Clayshaw didn't get any run support. :-[ What made it even worse than that is that it was at home against the GIANTS. >:(

Tough.

Written By: nally on 03/30/18 at 7:35 pm

Tough.

Indeed it is.

They ain't gonna get back to the World Series if they play crappily. Hopefully things'll be better tonight.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 7:48 pm

Indeed it is.

They ain't gonna get back to the World Series if they play crappily. Hopefully things'll be better tonight.

Well, good luck to the Dodgers!

Written By: nally on 03/30/18 at 7:51 pm

Well, good luck to the Dodgers!

Oh yes, I always wish them good luck!

I haven't had time to check on other games' scores yet today. I do know some teams are idle (not playing today).

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/30/18 at 7:59 pm

Oh yes, I always wish them good luck!

I haven't had time to check on other games' scores yet today. I do know some teams are idle (not playing today).

My Yanks are currently beating the Jays, 4-1 in the bottom of the 6th at Rogers Centre.

Written By: Balty Raven on 03/31/18 at 3:33 pm

Considering I have hope for the Mets with their roster, it doesn't seem like they'll have a terrible season this year. Also, they seem to win against the Cardinals today, 6-2.

Written By: nally on 03/31/18 at 11:42 pm

Dodgers finally scored today!!! I'm so happy they finally got on the board. O0 They blanked the Giants 5-goose egg. Kenta Maeda pitched well for the Dodgers.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 03/31/18 at 11:43 pm

Yeah, the Yanks lost to the Blue Jays, 5-3.

Thanks Betances ::).

Written By: nally on 04/01/18 at 1:18 am

I also found out that Yu Darvish did so-so in his Cubs debut, even though he failed to complete the fifth innings. Still, the Cubs won in extras in Miami.

Written By: Balty Raven on 04/01/18 at 4:49 pm

Mets lost 5-1 against the Cardinals. Doesn't seem to be bad since at least they don't have Terry Collins as their manager this year (thankfully).

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/01/18 at 4:56 pm

Yankees lost 7-4 to the Blue Jays.

Written By: nally on 04/01/18 at 11:43 pm

Dodgers managed to shut out the Giants for the second straight night! This time it was a 9-0 victory, with Cody Bellinger breaking out of a hitless slump by hitting a two-run home run, the team's first of the season. Rich Hill pitched 6 scoreless innings for LAD, and his successors kept the Giants off the board over the remaining innings.

Written By: nally on 04/02/18 at 11:18 pm

Yankees were scheduled to play their home opener today, but it was postponed due to inclement weather (makeup date tomorrow). The Mets were also scheduled to play a home game (against the Phillies) this evening, but that, too, was postponed (to be made up as part of a doubleheader in July).

Written By: nally on 04/04/18 at 7:02 pm

I am disgusted with the DUDgers right now. ('Nuff said.)

Written By: nally on 04/06/18 at 4:02 pm

Dodgers at Giants postponed due to inclement weather in San Fran. Game to be made up as part of a day-night doubleheader when the Dodgers return to San Francisco later this month.

Written By: nally on 04/07/18 at 11:52 pm

Phillies walloped the Marlins today, 20 to 1. This included two grand slams early in the game, as well as a three-run homer by Oye Como Va.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/08/18 at 12:08 am

Yankees won yesterday 8-3 against the Orioles.

Written By: nally on 04/08/18 at 12:14 am

Yankees won yesterday 8-3 against the Orioles.

I saw... after losing it in extras the previous day.

I also heard on MLB Network that two Yankees players are going on the D.L.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/08/18 at 12:17 am

I saw... after losing it in extras the previous day.

I also heard on MLB Network that two Yankees players are going on the D.L.

Yep.

Also, the injuries have been a killer for my Yanks :(.

Written By: nally on 04/08/18 at 12:22 am

Yep.

Also, the injuries have been a killer for my Yanks :(.

And I thought that my team, the DUDgers, have been the ones suffering. They haven't won one lousy game on the road yet this year. >:( >:( >:( >:(

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/08/18 at 12:26 am

And I thought that my team, the DUDgers, have been the ones suffering. They haven't won one lousy game on the road yet this year. >:( >:( >:( >:(

LOL.

Written By: nally on 04/08/18 at 12:38 am

LOL.

I know, it's ridiculous. They SHOULD have won this past Monday in AZ, but Kenley just couldn't get the final out. Today he pitched one inning and got into trouble at first, but got out of it unscathed. (Some people have speculated that something might be wrong with him mechanically, but he's not expressing it.) Today's game went into extras, but the pitcher they sent in to try to close the door (Wilmer Typeface... er, Font), couldn't do it.

Written By: nally on 04/08/18 at 10:06 pm

Well... Dodgers actually won today. They beat the Giants 2-1 in extra innings. Kershaw started; of course he did not get the W, but thankfully he didn't get another L.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/08/18 at 10:32 pm

The Yanks lost in what was a horrible game to watch as a Yankees fan to the Orioles, 8-7.

Written By: nally on 04/09/18 at 11:55 pm

Cubs home opener (against the Pirates) postponed until tomorrow due to snow.

However, a short ways down south, at Guaranteed Rate Field, the White Sox played their game (against the Tampa Ray Bays) with no problem. In fact, the Rays beat the White Sox, giving Tampa only their second win of the season.

Written By: nally on 04/10/18 at 9:00 pm

Cubs home opener (against the Pirates) postponed until tomorrow due to snow.

...and the Pirates won it today, 8-5.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/10/18 at 9:04 pm

The Yankees are being destroyed by the Red Sox 8-P.

I am thoroughly disgusted! 8-P

Written By: nally on 04/11/18 at 10:34 am

Dodgers blanked the Oakland A's at Dodger Stadium 4-nothing. It was a good game to watch.

Written By: nally on 04/11/18 at 9:11 pm

The Yankees are being destroyed by the Red Sox 8-P.

I am thoroughly disgusted! 8-P

Today, however, it appears that the momentum has switched places.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/11/18 at 10:20 pm

Yes, it did. The Yanks won 10-7 today at Fenway. Chapman almost blew it though, lol.

Also, the Yanks & Red Sox got into a dugout clearing brawl :D.

RESTORING THE FEELING!

Written By: nally on 04/12/18 at 6:57 pm

The same can be said about the DUDgers' game last night. The floodgates opened early. Alex KnockOnWood is not the same pitcher he was last year.

Written By: nally on 04/15/18 at 11:34 pm

Half a dozen games involving Central Division teams were postponed due to inclement weather. So this means that 12 teams could not celebrate Jackie Robinson Day on schedule.

In one game that did get played today... L.A. Dodgers finally beat the Arizona Dbacks in a regular-season game for the first time since last summer; LAD put 7 runs on the board to finally give Clayton Kershaw a much-deserved victory. Kersh struck out a dozen AZ batters and didn't walk anybody. His only flaw was a solo homer he issued to Paul Goldschmidt.

Written By: nally on 04/18/18 at 11:32 am

Kenley blew the save in the 9th inning last night, but the Dodgers managed to win in extras, 7-3, by scoring 4 in the 12th. Today they go for the sweep in San Diego.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/18 at 12:57 pm

After the destroying the Marlins a couple days ago, the Marlins returned the favor and destroyed the Yankees, 9-1 yesterday 8-P.

Written By: nally on 04/18/18 at 12:59 pm

After the Yankees destroying the Marlins a couple days ago, the Marlins returned the favor and destroyed the Yankees, 9-1 yesterday 8-P.

I saw.

The teams will meet again in Miami later this year, for a pair of games on August 21 and 22; Giancarlo Stanton will be a visiting player at Marlins Park for the first time ever during that series.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/18 at 1:06 pm

I saw.

The teams will meet again in Miami later this year, for a pair of games on August 21 and 22; Giancarlo Stanton will be a visiting player at Marlins Park for the first time ever during that series.

Giancarlo Stanton has been a MASSIVE disappointment so far.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/18 at 1:07 pm

Off-topic: I just became a single board moderator for the 2010s board yesterday :D

Also, I always wonder how do you guys get those medals? They are so cool :D.

Written By: nally on 04/18/18 at 1:08 pm

Giancarlo Stanton has been a MASSIVE disappointment so far.

Especially against his old team in the last couple days, it seems.

Written By: nally on 04/18/18 at 1:09 pm

Off-topic: I just became a single board moderator for the 2010s board yesterday :D

Also, I always wonder how do you guys get those medals? They are so cool :D.

There's an explanation for those; Chucky may have explained it in a relevant thread some years back.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/18 at 1:10 pm

Especially against his old team in the last couple days, it seems.

Yep.

Stanton and the rest of the Yanks better get it together quick. New York sports has been so disappointing and terrible in the past 5 years.

There's an explanation for those; Chucky may have explained it in a relevant thread some years back.

Do you know the thread?

Written By: nally on 04/18/18 at 1:12 pm

Yep.

Stanton and the rest of the Yanks better get it together quick. New York sports has been so disappointing and terrible in the past 5 years.
However, the Mets have been off to a decent start this year.

Do you know the thread?

I'll have to find it.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/18 at 1:21 pm

However, the Mets have been off to a decent start this year.

True. However, NYC is a Yankees town, lol.

Even in Flushing (the neighborhood in Queens where Citi Field is located), there are more Yankees fans in that neighborhood than Mets fans :P.

I'll have to find it.

O0

Written By: nally on 04/18/18 at 1:29 pm

True. However, NYC is a Yankees town, lol.

Even in Flushing (the neighborhood in Queens where Citi Field is located), there are slightly more Yankees fans in that neighborhood than Mets fans :P.
O0

That sorta makes sense, since the Yankees have pretty much always been in NYC, ever since the beginning of the "Modern Era."

The Giants (now in San Francisco) were originally located there, too; as were the Dodgers in Brooklyn. (In fact, it was 60 years ago today when the first game was played in Los Angeles... between those two teams!)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/18 at 1:35 pm

That sorta makes sense, since the Yankees have pretty much always been in NYC, ever since the beginning of the "Modern Era."

The Giants (now in San Francisco) were originally located there, too; as were the Dodgers in Brooklyn. (In fact, it was 60 years ago today when the first game was played in Los Angeles... between those two teams!)

Yep, you can check it all out here: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/04/24/upshot/facebook-baseball-map.html

Written By: nally on 04/18/18 at 1:43 pm

Finishing my thoughts from my previous post... after the Giants and Dodgers left NY, the Yankees were the only team in the area for the next four years (as the Mets came along in 1962...and didn't do so well at all during the first several years of existence).

Yep, you can check it all out here: https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2014/04/24/upshot/facebook-baseball-map.html

And it appears that some teams might have very small fanbase zones (so small that their names can't be shown, such as the Angels). (I saw a tiny amount of red just below the Dodgers zone, which would make sense since Anaheim is in Orange County, to the immediate south of L.A.)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/18/18 at 1:49 pm

Finishing my thoughts from my previous post... after the Giants and Dodgers left NY, the Yankees were the only team in the area for the next four years (as the Mets came along in 1962...and didn't do so well at all during the first several years of existence).

Yeah.

Also, the Mets were a "consolation" prize from the MLB for the depatures of the Giants and Dodgers. That's why the Mets have the logo of the New York Giants (MLB) and wear Dodgers blue & Giants orange.

And it appears that some teams might have very small fanbase zones (so small that their names can't be shown, such as the Angels). (I saw a tiny amount of red just below the Dodgers zone, which would make sense since Anaheim is in Orange County, to the immediate south of L.A.)

You can actually zoom in :P.

Written By: nally on 04/19/18 at 5:46 pm

Yeah.

Also, the Mets were a "consolation" prize from the MLB for the depatures of the Giants and Dodgers. That's why the Mets have the logo of the New York Giants (MLB) and wear Dodgers blue & Giants orange.

Yes, I actually knew that, re: blue and orange for the Mets. O0

You can actually zoom in :P.

I'll have to do that when I look at it again.

Written By: nally on 04/19/18 at 5:46 pm

Meanwhile, Dodgers completed a sweep in San Diego last nite; final score was 13-4. Now they're startin' to play well. O0

Written By: nally on 04/22/18 at 1:11 am

Congratulations to Sean Manaea of the Oakland Athletics for pitching a no-hitter against the Boston Red Sox. (With apologies to any Sox fans here.)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/22/18 at 10:24 am

Congratulations to Sean Manaea of the Oakland Athletics for pitching a no-hitter against the Boston Red Sox. (With apologies to any Sox fans here.)

Congrats to him! 8)

Written By: nally on 04/22/18 at 7:27 pm

Congrats to him! 8)

The last time an Oakland A's pitcher threw a no-hitter was in 2010, when Dallas Braden hurled a perfect game against the Tampa Bay Rays on Mother's Day that year.

Written By: nally on 04/22/18 at 11:19 pm

DODGERS WIN and have now gotten back up to the .500 mark (10 and 10). Let's win tomorrow so that we can finally have a winning record!!

Written By: nally on 04/24/18 at 6:32 pm

...and the Dodgers finally pulled above .500 last night by defeating the Marlins 2-1. Walker Buehler, making his first start, pitched well over 5 innings but did not get the win because he left with a 1-0 lead and Miami tied it up later thanks to a throwing error. But we pulled ahead in the 8th inning and shut the door.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/24/18 at 6:36 pm

The Yanks clobbered the Twins 14-1 yesterday thanks to Giancarlo Stanton's 4-for-4 and 3 RBI night.

Written By: nally on 04/24/18 at 6:37 pm

The Yanks clobbered the Twins 14-1 yesterday thanks to Giancarlo Stanton's 4-for-4 and 3 RBI night.

I saw.

In fact, NYY has kinda owned the Twins in recent years. They even beat 'em in the AL Wildcard Game last Oct.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/24/18 at 6:38 pm

I saw.

In fact, NYY has kinda owned the Twins in recent years. They even beat 'em in the AL Wildcard Game last Oct.

Yep, the Yanks have had their number (for the most part) recently.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/24/18 at 9:44 pm

Yep, the Yanks have had their number (for the most part) recently.

It continues.

The Yankees beat the Twins today 8-3 thanks to Didi, Judge and Sanchez who all homered (Sanchez homered twice) 8).

Written By: nally on 04/25/18 at 12:32 pm

Dudgers lost it in the 9th last nite, thanks in part to putting Pedro Baez on the mound. He's a reliever who can't really be trusted for the most part. ::)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/26/18 at 3:43 pm

Yankees beat the Twins today 4-3 completing the series sweep.

Written By: nally on 04/26/18 at 5:39 pm

^ I kinda figured they would. :-\\

Now if only Curtain Clayshaw could get back to his winning ways. >:(

Written By: nally on 04/29/18 at 5:20 pm

Dodgers split a doubleheader yesterday in San Fran.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/29/18 at 6:37 pm

The Yankees have beaten the Angels the past two days including in a 11-1 rout last night.

There's a lot of Yankee fans in Anaheim. Angel Stadium is basically "Yankee Stadium West".

Written By: nally on 04/30/18 at 1:13 am

^ I wouldn't exactly say that, but I'm sure there are fans of certain teams everywhere, even if it's not their local team. Nothin' wrong with that. Some people probably move from city to city and remain a fan of a certain team.

In fact, I do happen to know a few Giants fans who live in the greater L.A. area.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/30/18 at 9:05 am

^ I wouldn't exactly say that, but I'm sure there are fans of certain teams everywhere, even if it's not their local team. Nothin' wrong with that. Some people probably move from city to city and remain a fan of a certain team.

In fact, I do happen to know a few Giants fans who live in the greater L.A. area.

Nah man, about 40-45% of Angel Stadium was Yankees fans. Didi Gregorius got a curtain call....ON THE ROAD :o. Angel Stadium = Yankee Stadium West.

Also, the Yanks swept the Angels by defeating them 2-1 last night 8).

Written By: nally on 04/30/18 at 6:23 pm

^ Something that I have opposite views on. I don't like to root for the NYY, which I've mentioned before.

However, next year when the Giants play the Yankees in interleague play, then I WILL root for the Yankees.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/30/18 at 6:38 pm

^ Something that I have opposite views on. I don't like to root for the NYY, which I've mentioned before.

However, next year when the Giants play the Yankees in interleague play, then I WILL root for the Yankees.

Wait, you like the Angels? ???

I thoughts Dodgers fans hated both the Angels and Giants. I know that the rivalry with the Giants is #1 though but still.

Written By: nally on 04/30/18 at 6:42 pm

Wait, you like the Angels? ???

Yeah, I rooted for them in the 2002 ALDS over the Yankes and again three years later in the same series. In fact, during the 2002 postseason I rooted for the Angels all the way into the World Series... against the Giants.

I thoughts Dodgers fans hated both the Angels and Giants. I know that the rivalry with the Giants is #1 though but still.

I only root against the Angels when they play the Dodgers. And yes, the rivalry with the Giants is one of the oldest around.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 04/30/18 at 7:08 pm

Yeah, I rooted for them in the 2002 ALDS over the Yankes and again three years later in the same series. In fact, during the 2002 postseason I rooted for the Angels all the way into the World Series... against the Giants.

I only root against the Angels when they play the Dodgers. And yes, the rivalry with the Giants is one of the oldest around.

Interesting, most other Dodgers fans find the Angels to be the annoying little brother or cousin.

Anyways, the Yankees still swept them 8).

Written By: nally on 04/30/18 at 7:12 pm

Interesting, most other Dodgers fans find the Angels to be the annoying little brother or cousin.

not me, I always thought we Dodgers fans were much more annoyed by the Giants.

Written By: nally on 04/30/18 at 11:12 pm

Anyways, the DUDgers have been dealt yet another setback... shortstop Cory Seager is finished for the season because his throwing elbow is bothering him as of late. So this means he's gonna undergo Tommy John Surgery (yes, often times non-pitchers have to undergo that operation too).

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/01/18 at 9:06 am

Yanks lost to the Astros 2-1 last night.

Written By: nally on 05/01/18 at 11:57 pm

Anyways, the DUDgers have been dealt yet another setback... shortstop Cory Seager is finished for the season because his throwing elbow is bothering him as of late. So this means he's gonna undergo Tommy John Surgery (yes, often times non-pitchers have to undergo that operation too).

And I am STILL digusted with them! 8-P >:(

They can't seem to hold a lead in the game. VERY disappointing!!

They do NOT deserve to have sole possession of last place. This team has much better standards than that. Yes, I know it's early in the season at this point, but for cryin out loud they need to play better, hold leads, and WIN GAMES. I sure hope they're not headed for their first hundred-loss season in L.A.

/end rant for tonight.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/02/18 at 12:28 am

Meanwhile, the Yankees shutout the Astros 4-0 in Houston thanks to The Kraken (Gary Sanchez) 8).

Written By: nally on 05/02/18 at 12:31 am

^ ...which came after eight scoreless innings on both sides. Justin Verlander pitched 8 innings without allowing a run, but his team couldn't give him any run support.

Sounds somewhat like Curtain Clayshaw as of late.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/02/18 at 12:41 am

^ ...which came after eight scoreless innings on both sides. Justin Verlander pitched 8 innings without allowing a run, but his team couldn't give him any run support.

Sounds somewhat like Curtain Clayshaw as of late.

Astros pitcher Ken Giles who gave up Sanchez's game-winning HR threw a tantrum and punched himself in the face ;D.

Written By: nally on 05/02/18 at 11:32 am

Astros pitcher Ken Giles who gave up Sanchez's game-winning HR threw a tantrum and punched himself in the face ;D.

::)

I heard that he allowed the runs in the top of 9th. And normally he's the closer...but sometimes the closer will be called upon to pitch if the score's tied (even at nothing-nothing).

But I hadn't heard that he punched himself in the face...that's a new one. ::) Then again, I didn't relly watch Quick Pitch on MLB Network because I was disgusted with the DUDgers, as mentioned above.

(However, I did turn the channel over there last night just in time to see a shared Instagram photo from MLB Network host Heidi Watney, who'd just given birth to her baby. She normally has been the weeknight host of Quick Pitch the last several years, but went on maternity leave a few months ago.)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/02/18 at 12:39 pm

::)

I heard that he allowed the runs in the top of 9th. And normally he's the closer...but sometimes the closer will be called upon to pitch if the score's tied (even at nothing-nothing).

But I hadn't heard that he punched himself in the face...that's a new one. ::) Then again, I didn't relly watch Quick Pitch on MLB Network because I was disgusted with the DUDgers, as mentioned above.

(However, I did turn the channel over there last night just in time to see a shared Instagram photo from MLB Network host Heidi Watney, who'd just given birth to her baby. She normally has been the weeknight host of Quick Pitch the last several years, but went on maternity leave a few months ago.)

Here it is ;D

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/991648634092605447

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/02/18 at 11:04 pm

The Yankees won tonight 4-0 against the Astros. Back to back shutouts.

Stanton drove in all 4 of the Yankees runs including 2 solo home runs.

Luis Severino pitched an excellent game with a complete game shutout 8).

Written By: nally on 05/02/18 at 11:05 pm

Good for him. O0 Well, Severino has emerged as an ace within the past year or so.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/02/18 at 11:16 pm

Good for him. O0 Well, Severino has emerged as an ace within the past year or so.

Yep, he's the Yankees ace now.

Written By: nally on 05/02/18 at 11:27 pm

Yep, he's the Yankees ace now.

Thought so. Yep, often times the "ace" status will transfer from one pitcher to another, depending on how well they do.

I hope Kersh doesn't lose that status anytime soon for LAD, although it does seem he is off to a not-so-normal start this year. :-\\

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/03/18 at 9:01 pm

The Yankees rallied in the 9th inning to beat the Astros 6-5 and win the season series.

This Yankees lineup is stacked (minus Neil Walker & currently Brett Gardner) :D.

Written By: nally on 05/04/18 at 1:34 am

Dodgers managed to split their series with the Dbacks right down the middle (winning yesterday and today). Now it's on to Mexico to play the Padres for a weekend series (the Padres will be the home team; they're only playing 78 games in Petco Park this year).

And speaking of the Dodgers... starter Hyun-jin Ryu, who pitched Wednesday but left early with a groin injury, is expected to be sidelined for at least 2 1/2 months, meaning he won't come back until sometime after the All Star Break. So one more key player is going to be out for an extended period of time. :o

Written By: nally on 05/04/18 at 1:35 am

Elsewhere... Albert Pujols achieved career hit number 2,999 this evening as his Angels managed to sweep the visiting Baltimorioles.

Written By: nally on 05/04/18 at 10:59 pm

Elsewhere... Albert Pujols achieved career hit number 2,999 this evening as his Angels managed to sweep the visiting Baltimorioles.

And tonight he became the latest member of the 3,000 hit club, achieving his milestone hit off Seattle Mariners pitcher Mike Leake; it was a single.

He also becomes the fourth MLB player to reach both 3,000 hits AND 600 career home runs (the other three are Hank Aaron, Willie Mays, and A-Rod).

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/04/18 at 11:36 pm

The Yankees beat the Cleveland Indians 7-6 thanks to a walk-off single by rookie Miguel Andujar.

The Yankees choked a 5-0 lead and then a 6-5 lead but thankfully they toughed it out and won.

Written By: nally on 05/04/18 at 11:46 pm

The Yankees beat the Cleveland Indians 7-6 thanks to a walk-off single by rookie Miguel Andujar.

The Yankees choked a 5-0 lead and then a 6-5 lead but thankfully they toughed it out and won.

Their starter was veteran C.C. Sabathia, pitching against his former team, but he could not get the W against them this time.

Written By: nally on 05/04/18 at 11:47 pm

Dodgers, playing the Padres... in Mexico... managed to complete a combined no-hitter! Final score was Dodgers 4, Padres goose-egg.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/04/18 at 11:51 pm

Their starter was veteran C.C. Sabathia, pitching against his former team, but he could not get the W against them this time.

Yeah, and it's a shame too because CC pitched a wonderful game.

Written By: nally on 05/05/18 at 12:04 am

Yeah, and it's a shame too because CC pitched a wonderful game.

I often feel similarly when Kershaw pitches wonderfully but does not get the W (either because (1) he gets no run support OR (2) he leaves with a lead and the bullpen effs it up).

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/05/18 at 10:39 pm

The Yankees defeated the Indians 5-2 earlier today.

Written By: nally on 05/05/18 at 10:47 pm

Dodgers couldn't get the ball rolling when they needed to, so the Padres won the second game of the "Mexico Series", making tomorrow's game the "rubber game."

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/05/18 at 11:33 pm

The Yankees defeated the Indians 5-2 earlier today.

The Yankees have won 14 out of their last 15 games.

That's the first time since 1998. The Yankees won the World Series in '98.

Hmmm, a bit of déjà vu 20 years later. Will that mean that the Yanks win the WS this year? ;)

Written By: nally on 05/05/18 at 11:37 pm

Personally I hope not. They've already won more WSes than any other franchise...and gotten there more than any other franchise.

Besides, the postseason is still five months away; any team can go in any direction between now and then.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/05/18 at 11:44 pm

Personally I hope not. They've already won more WSes than any other franchise...and gotten there more than any other franchise.

Besides, the postseason is still five months away; any team can go in any direction between now and then.

My post was (mostly) tongue in cheek ;).

Also, yes, the Yankees have a TON of championships and WS appearances but...it is what it is.

Written By: nally on 05/05/18 at 11:50 pm

...right. ;)

...and some teams are long overdue for another. Case in point, the Dudgers. This year it'll be 30 years since they last won it all. Last year they came close, by taking the WS to a deciding game, but couldn't get that last "W" (part of it had to do with the pitching). And if they wanna get there again this year, they gotta play well and not lose so much. And the pitchers cannot keep giving up so many runs to the opposition. (Furthermore, if a starter pitches well and exits with a lead, the bullpen pitchers shouldn't eff it up.)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/05/18 at 11:53 pm

...right. ;)

...and some teams are long overdue for another. Case in point, the Dudgers. This year it'll be 30 years since they last won it all. Last year they came close, by taking the WS to a deciding game, but couldn't get that last "W" (part of it had to do with the pitching). And if they wanna get there again this year, they gotta play well and not lose so much. And the pitchers cannot keep giving up so many runs to the opposition. (Furthermore, if a starter pitches well and exits with a lead, the bullpen pitchers shouldn't eff it up.)

I think the Dodgers lost their chance for at least another few years :-\\.

It's like what happened to my Rangers in 2014. They lost to your LA Kings in a series that they really should have won...but they collapsed ::).

Now, the Rangers are in rebuild mode and most likely won't be a contender for a few years :(.

Written By: nally on 05/06/18 at 12:02 am

I think the Dodgers lost their chance for at least another few years :-\\.

Hey, you never know.

In 2005 they started out really well (in April) but then took a nosedive the rest of the season and ended up losing 91 games that year.  ::)

It's like what happened to my Rangers in 2014. They lost to your LA Kings in a series that they really should have won...but they collapsed ::).

Now, the Rangers are in rebuild mode and most likely won't be a contender for a few years :(.

At first I thought you were talking about the Texas baseball team, but then I realized you meant the New York Rangers hockey team. ;)

Funny how two teams of a different sport will share the same name (that is, the part that doesn't include the location name). However, there used to be two New York Giants professional teams: the baseball team (which is now in San Francisco) and the football team (which has always retained that name).

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/06/18 at 12:09 am

Hey, you never know.

In 2005 they started out really well (in April) but then took a nosedive the rest of the season and ended up losing 91 games that year.  ::)

:P

At first I thought you were talking about the Texas baseball team, but then I realized you meant the New York Rangers hockey team. ;)

Funny how two teams of a different sport will share the same name (that is, the part that doesn't include the location name). However, there used to be two New York Giants professional teams: the baseball team (which is now in San Francisco) and the football team (which has always retained that name).

Yep, just like the LA Kings and Sacramento Kings :P.

Written By: nally on 05/06/18 at 5:29 pm

:P

I know; it had to do with things like injuries to key players. In fact, the entire NL West division was weak that year. On at least one occasion during the season, every team had a losing record in that division! (Padres won it with 82 wins and 80 losses.)

Yep, just like the LA Kings and Sacramento Kings :P.

in hockey and basketball respectively. Sometimes I colloquially refer to one of them as the "Queens" if they're not doing well.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/06/18 at 5:43 pm

in hockey and basketball respectively. Sometimes I colloquially refer to one of them as the "Queens" if they're not doing well.

Well, the Sacramento Kings haven't been doing well since the mid 2000s. They've been "Queens" for a while ;D.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/06/18 at 5:44 pm

The Yankees swept the Indians today beating them 7-4 after coming back from being down 4-0.

Rookie Gleyber Torres hit the 3 run walk-off HR! :D 8)

The Yankees have won 15 out of their last 16.

Written By: nally on 05/06/18 at 5:46 pm

Well, the Sacramento Kings haven't been doing well since the mid 2000s. They've been "Queens" for a while ;D.

So had the L.A. Kings for a while. As you may have guessed, they are my team in NHL.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/06/18 at 5:48 pm

So had the L.A. Kings for a while. As you may have guessed, they are my team in NHL.

Yeah, I started watching hockey in 2006 and the Kings were bad for a while.

However, they've won 2 Stanley Cups in the past 6 years, they're good.

Written By: nally on 05/06/18 at 5:53 pm

Yeah, I started watching hockey in 2006 and the Kings were bad for a while.

However, they've won 2 Stanley Cups in the past 6 years, they're good.

Most definitely. I thought it was exciting when they won it in 2012.

Written By: nally on 05/06/18 at 5:58 pm

Anyway it's 3-nothing Padres in the 8th inning as the Dudgers try to get something on the board.

The team got more bad news this morning when it was announced that Kersh would be placed on the DL due to bicep tendinitis. :P

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/06/18 at 6:24 pm

Anyway it's 3-nothing Padres in the 8th inning as the Dudgers try to get something on the board.

The team got more bad news this morning when it was announced that Kersh would be placed on the DL due to strained biceps (or something like that). ::) :P

The Padres won. They defeated the Dodgers today 3-0 in Monterrey, Mexico as apart of the "Mexico Series".

Written By: nally on 05/06/18 at 6:47 pm

^ Dangflabit. >:( Guess they couldn't score one lousy run.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/08/18 at 12:08 pm

Just announced: The New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox will play each other in two Major League Baseball regular season games at the London Stadium in 2019.

Written By: nally on 05/08/18 at 5:36 pm

Just announced: The New York Yankees and Boston Red Sox will play each other in two Major League Baseball regular season games at the London Stadium in 2019.

...on a date(s) to be determined, as the 2019 schedule has not yet been announced.

Similarly, the Seattle Mariners and Oakland Athletics will do the same in a Japan locale.

Written By: nally on 05/08/18 at 10:42 pm

Meanwhile, congrats to Seattle Mariners pitcher James Paxton for pitching a no-hitter against the Toronto Bluejays!!

That's two no-hitters in less than one week (although the other one, last Friday, was a combined effort of four Dodgers pitchers).

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/08/18 at 10:58 pm

The Yankees are now in first place in the AL East! 8)

They beat the Red Sox today by the score of 3-2.

The Yanks have won 16 out of their last 17 games.

Written By: nally on 05/08/18 at 11:02 pm

^ Good 4 them.  They must've gone ahead in the 7th inning. I happened to see part of that game on MLB Network.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/08/18 at 11:10 pm

^ Good 4 them.  They must've gone ahead in the 7th inning. I happened to see part of that game on MLB Network.

Yep.

Also, edit: The Yankees have won 16 out of their last 17 games.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/09/18 at 5:33 am

...on a date(s) to be determined, as the 2019 schedule has not yet been announced.

Similarly, the Seattle Mariners and Oakland Athletics will do the same in a Japan locale.
...hoping that the tickets will not be expensive?

Written By: nally on 05/09/18 at 10:12 am

...hoping that the tickets will not be expensive?

They probably might be, due to the length of travel, and other factors.

Written By: nally on 05/09/18 at 10:16 am

Meanwhile, congrats to Seattle Mariners pitcher James Paxton for pitching a no-hitter against the Toronto Bluejays!!

By the way... it was quite fitting for Mr. Paxton that he threw the no-no in Canada (the Blue Jays were the home team), because he himself is Canadian!

The only other time a Canadian-born pitcher threw a no-hitter was way back in 1945, when Dick Fowler (a native of Toronto) of the then-Philadelphia Athletics threw one against the St. Louis Browns (who later became the Baltimore Orioles) at Shibe Park (later Connie Mack Stadium).

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/09/18 at 10:31 am

By the way... it was quite fitting for Mr. Paxton that he threw the no-no in Canada (the Blue Jays were the home team), because he himself is Canadian!

The only other time a Canadian-born pitcher threw a no-hitter was way back in 1945, when Dick Fowler (a native of Toronto) of the then-Philadelphia Athletics threw one against the St. Louis Browns (who later became the Baltimore Orioles) at Shibe Park (later Connie Mack Stadium).

Congrats to James Paxton! 8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/09/18 at 10:33 am

They probably might be, due to the length of travel, and other factors.
...and on pay-to-view television?

Written By: nally on 05/09/18 at 6:06 pm

...and on pay-to-view television?

No, I'm pretty sure it'll be on "free" television in the US. Not sure how it would be for you guys in the UK.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/09/18 at 10:06 pm

The Yankees are now in SOLE possession of 1st in the AL East! :D

The Yankees beat the Red Sox 9-6 thanks to Brett Gardner's amazing hitting night and Aaron Judge's 2 run HR in the bottom of the 8th.

The Yanks once again came back from being down. This team is amazing! 8)

They've won 17 of their last 18.

Written By: nally on 05/10/18 at 12:36 am

Dodgers need to work on hitting with runners in scoring position. That's something they seem to be lacking lately.

Written By: nally on 05/16/18 at 10:10 am

This just in... Seattle Mariners' Robinson Cano has been suspended 80 games for violating MLB's drug policy. :o :o :o

Actually, it was announced yesterday, but I didn't think to post it just yet.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/16/18 at 10:12 am

This just in... Seattle Mariners' Robinson Cano has been suspended 80 games for violating MLB's drug policy. :o :o :o

80 games! How many seasons should that length of time be?

Written By: nally on 05/16/18 at 10:14 am

80 games! How many seasons should that length of time be?

That's only half a season.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/16/18 at 10:15 am

That's only half a season.
There must be many games to be played?

Written By: nally on 05/16/18 at 10:19 am

There must be many games to be played?

A full season is 162 games; that has been the norm since 1962 for all teams. It usually takes about six months to play 'em all.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/16/18 at 12:57 pm

Yeah, I was surprised by that :o.

Written By: nally on 05/16/18 at 2:21 pm

Yeah, I was surprised by that :o.

Me too, I thought he'd been clean for much of his career. But you can never bee too sure with these guys sometimes.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 05/16/18 at 3:38 pm

Me too, I thought he'd been clean for much of his career. But you can never bee too sure with these guys sometimes.

Yep.

Written By: nally on 05/17/18 at 9:53 pm

Dodgers FINALLY won another game today! They blanked the Marlins 7-nothing in Miami. Kenta Maeda pitched 8 shutout innings, struck out 8 and didn't walk anybody. Best of all, Justin Turner is back, and he was able to make some good offensive contributions.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/18 at 1:19 am

Dodgers FINALLY won another game today! They blanked the Marlins 7-nothing in Miami. Kenta Maeda pitched 8 shutout innings, struck out 8 and didn't walk anybody. Best of all, Justin Turner is back, and he was able to make some good offensive contributions.
Yippee!!!!!!

Written By: nally on 05/18/18 at 11:28 am

Yippee!!!!!!

It's too bad they'll be without shortstop Corey Seager for the rest of the year, as he needed to undergo Tommy John Surgery (and recovery time from that is usually at least a year).

Now if starting pitcher Clayton Kershaw could return and pitch well again (that is, as soon as he comes off the DL), then things should hopefully improve even more.

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/18 at 11:30 am

It's too bad they'll be without shortstop Corey Seager for the rest of the year, as he needed to undergo Tommy John Surgery (and recovery time from that is usually at least a year).

Now if starting pitcher Clayton Kershaw could return and pitch well again (that is, as soon as he comes off the DL), then things should hopefully improve even more.
How many wins for the seasons so for the LA Dodgers?

Written By: nally on 05/18/18 at 11:34 am

How many wins for the seasons so for the LA Dodgers?

Only 17, to go with 26 losses.

They are tied for last place with the San Diego Padres. :(

Written By: Philip Eno on 05/18/18 at 11:36 am

Only 17, to go with 26 losses.

They are tied for last place with the San Diego Padres. :(
Much better than my team in cricket, 5 games played only one win.

Written By: nally on 05/18/18 at 11:39 am

Right now the worst record in MLB belongs to the Chicago White Sox, 11 wins and 29 losses.

Written By: nally on 05/19/18 at 5:57 pm

Dodgers' game in Washington was rained out last night and made up this afternoon as part of a doubleheader. My team won.

Written By: nally on 05/20/18 at 6:32 pm

Dodgers sweep the Nationals!

They came from behind late in yesterday's regularly scheduled game... and did so again in today's game!

Written By: nally on 05/21/18 at 11:06 pm

Every team in the AL Central has a losing record right now. This includes the first-place Cleveland Indians at 22 and 23 (their 23rd loss was handed to them last night by the Astros).

Written By: nally on 05/26/18 at 1:36 am

Dodgers have won 7 of their last 8. Things are looking up for them.

Red Sox, meanwhile, have activated veteran second baseman Dustin Pedroia from the DL... and DFA-ed outfielder Hanley Ramirez.

Written By: nally on 05/28/18 at 1:05 am

Glad to see the Dodgers playing better ball as of late. They have now won 8 of their last 10.

Written By: nally on 06/01/18 at 10:51 pm

So, yesterday Kershaw came off the DL, made a start, and got a no-decision as the Dudgers lost to the Phillies. Today he went back on the DL due to lower back strain. He joins Kenta Maeda (who went on there earlier this week after hurting himself in the 2nd inning of Tuesday's game). So now the Dodgers' starting rotation is depleted once again. :-\\

Written By: nally on 06/06/18 at 1:18 pm

Dodgers are back up to .500 again; they blanked the Pirates 5-0 yesterday. This is in spite of four starters currently being on the DL.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/06/18 at 1:54 pm

The Yankees have been up and down in the past few weeks. Also, there's been way too many games postponed due to rainy weather 8-P.

They won yesterday 7-2 against the Blue Jays.

Written By: nally on 06/06/18 at 6:16 pm

The Yankees have been up and down in the past few weeks. Also, there's been way too many games postponed due to rainy weather 8-P.

Yeah, I've noticed that. Including a pair of games they were supposed to play against the Nationals in D.C. last month. (Both will be made up on the 18th of this month.) In a sense I do feel bad for them, having been rained out so many times this year (thus far).

They won yesterday 7-2 against the Blue Jays.

Yup...and right now they're squaring off for the next game of that series.

Written By: nally on 06/07/18 at 12:47 am

Dudgers lost tonight in Pittsburgh, but they played well overall. Today they used a new starter named Caleb Ferguson, who was removed after only a couple of innings. He didn't get the decision though.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/07/18 at 10:13 am

The Yankees won 3-0 last night in Toronto.

Written By: nally on 06/07/18 at 5:21 pm

And the Dodgers took the "rubber" game of their series in Pittsburgh today (they played a "matinee" game).

Written By: nally on 06/09/18 at 10:32 am

Dodgers finally back over the .500 mark! They won 7-3 last night over the Atlanta Braves.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/09/18 at 11:22 am

The Yankees beat the Mets 4-1 last night in the first game of the Subway Series.

Written By: nally on 06/09/18 at 11:27 am

The Yankees beat the Mets 4-1 last night in the first game of the Subway Series.

Thanks to Giancarlo Stanton going deep in the 8th inning off DeGrom.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/09/18 at 9:38 pm

The Yankees won 4-3 tonight against the Mets. They have clinched the first Subway Series of the season.

Awesome! 8)

Written By: mqg96 on 06/09/18 at 11:41 pm

I gotta give my Braves credit with this really YOUNG and exciting team we have so far this year! 37-27 through June and we're in a very heated NL East race between us, the Nationals, and the Philles! Credit to Freddie Freeman, Julio theeran, Ronald Acuna Jr., Mike Foltynewicz, Dansby Swanson, and much more exciting players. We have a really good offense with home runs and points scored but our bullpen is pretty weak though. Credit to the Braves for their 5-3 win over the LA Dodgers tonight to even the series, let's win this one tomorrow and give us a cushion in the NL East!

Written By: nally on 06/10/18 at 9:17 am

^ Yeah, your team played well against mine last nite.

Written By: nally on 06/10/18 at 9:19 am

The Yankees won 4-3 tonight against the Mets. They have clinched the first Subway Series of the season.

...with the other half (at Yankee Stadium) to be played in July, right after the All Star Break. (Because interleague play is in corresponding divisions this year, annual rivalries are six games each -- three at one team's stadium, and three at the other team's stadium, on nonconsecutive occasions.)

Written By: nally on 06/13/18 at 10:58 am

Dodgers are now two games above .500 for the first time this year. They beat the Texas Rangers last nite 12-5.

Bartolo Colon, who started for the Rangers, is currently the oldest active MLB player, at 45 years of age. He and teammate Adrian Beltre, now 39, are now the only two players active in the 1990s who are still active in 2018.

Written By: nally on 06/16/18 at 10:52 am

Dodgers now have four more wins than losses. They beat the rival Giants last night... after scoring a walk-off win against the Rangers two nights earlier.

Written By: nally on 06/19/18 at 6:20 pm

Over the past month, Dodgers have not lost consecutive games. Today they were about to (making up a game that had been rained out in Wrigley Field yesterday), but Kyle Farmer delivered a two-run double to put the team ahead, and they beat the Cubs 4-3.

Written By: nally on 06/20/18 at 12:10 pm

Over the past month, Dodgers have not lost consecutive games. Today they were about to (making up a game that had been rained out in Wrigley Field yesterday), but Kyle Farmer delivered a two-run double to put the team ahead, and they beat the Cubs 4-3.

And they ended up splitting the doubleheader. Cubs walked it off in the 10th.

This is what the Dudgers get for not scoring baserunners when they had the opportunity to do so.

Written By: nally on 06/25/18 at 1:36 pm

Dodgers seem to "own" the Mets as of late. They swept 'em at Citi Field this weekend. The Mets haven't beaten the Dodgers since May of 2016.

In yesterday's game, the Dodgers hit seven home runs---a record for a visiting team in one game at Citi Field. :o (Not sure about other stadiums, though.)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/25/18 at 2:25 pm

Yankees got swept by Rays.

Written By: nally on 06/25/18 at 3:38 pm

Yankees got swept by Rays.

Yeah, I saw that. It was their first time getting swept this year... AND their first three-game skid this year (all other teams have had a losing streak of at least that many games in 2018). What's worse for them, they'll likely be without catcher Gary Sanchez, who injured himself while trying to avert a double play in the 10th. Pretty much all sources indicate he's going on the DL until further notice.

Dodgers have had several DL transactions so far this year, especially with pitchers, some of whom are getting healthy.

Written By: nally on 06/28/18 at 11:36 am

Giants pitcher MadBum achieved his 1,500th career strikeout last night, but received a no-decision because neither he nor the Rockies starting pitcher allowed a run through 7 innings pitched. However, the Giants walked it off in the 9th on a solo homer by Brandon Crawford.

Dodgers kept ahead of both teams by beating the Cubs 7-5.

Written By: nally on 06/28/18 at 10:59 pm

Once again, Kershaw pitches well, leaves with a lead, but his successors (the bullpen) efs it up. This time Walker Buehler (who came off the DL today and pitched in relief) allowed the tying and goahead runs to score, and the Dudgers never recovered.

Hopefully they'll do better tomorrow night against the Rockies (who beat the Giants in the 9th up in San Fran this afternoon).

Written By: nally on 06/30/18 at 12:08 am

Hopefully they'll do better tomorrow night against the Rockies (who beat the Giants in the 9th up in San Fran this afternoon).

No such luck. They were laying a goose-egg tonight. ::)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/30/18 at 8:30 am

The Yankees destroyed the Red Sox by the score of 8-1 yesterday 8).

Written By: nally on 06/30/18 at 11:11 am

^ I saw parts of that on MLB Network. Today's game will be nationally shown on FOX (I think), and tomorrow's game will be on ESPN.

Written By: nally on 06/30/18 at 7:53 pm

^ I saw parts of that on MLB Network. Today's game will be nationally shown on FOX (I think), and tomorrow's game will be on ESPN.

I stand corrected; in certain areas it is being shown nationally; out West the main FOX affiliates are showing the Rockies-Dodgers game.

Written By: mqg96 on 06/30/18 at 9:44 pm

So the Braves just got their 47th win of the season for their 2nd straight win over the Cardinals in St. Louis, and now we are halfway through the season at 47-34. We did it in style. Max Fried was our MVP who had a career high 11 strikeouts for us! We also hit a grand slam in the top 5th that made us go from 3-0 to 7-0, and we went up 11-0 before the Cardinals garbage runs in the bottom 9th to make us hold on 11-4. The Braves are 3 games over the Phillies and 5 games over the Nationals in our division (NL East). The Mets just dropped to last place today after losing to the Marlins, and let's not forget the Mets started 11-1  ;D Oh, and key note, while the Yankees and Red Sox look like the best teams in MLB right now over in the AL, they are 2 of the only 3 teams in the league who haven't had a losing streak more than 3 games. Guess who that other team is?  ;)

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 06/30/18 at 10:19 pm

The Yankees got destroyed by Red Sox, 11-0 :-[.

Written By: nally on 07/01/18 at 12:25 am

yep...Chris Sale and company took care of that.

And the DUDgers dropped another one to the Rockies 3-1. :-[

Written By: nally on 07/01/18 at 7:19 pm

Dodgers averted a sweep by beating the Rockies 6-4, although they untied a 4-4 tie late in the game.

Written By: nally on 07/02/18 at 11:22 am

And last night the Evil Empire Struck Back 11-1 (although in the "Headlines" section of the MLB Network bottomline, the score was incorrectly reported as 11-0; the scores section had it correct, though).

And now the Braves play at the Yankees from today through Wednesday. These are the two teams I have traditionally despised the most. (I can't stand the Braves due to the tomohawk chant, but I will occasionally root for them when they play the Giants during the regular season, or whatever team may be close to the Dodgers in the standings at the time.) When they faced off in the World Series in both 1996 and 1999, I did NOT watch any part of either series.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/02/18 at 1:18 pm

And last night the Evil Empire Struck Back 11-1 (although in the "Headlines" section of the MLB Network bottomline, the score was incorrectly reported as 11-0; the scores section had it correct, though).

Yep! :D 8)

Written By: mqg96 on 07/02/18 at 1:39 pm

And now the Braves play at the Yankees from today through Wednesday. These are the two teams I have traditionally despised the most. (I can't stand the Braves due to the tomohawk chant, but I will occasionally root for them when they play the Giants during the regular season, or whatever team may be close to the Dodgers in the standings at the time.) When they faced off in the World Series in both 1996 and 1999, I did NOT watch any part of either series.

So you hate my Braves a lot, while I hate the Yankees the most (and so do you too so that's cool!) Although I hate the Red Sox too because they're from Boston and I hate any Boston team including the Celtics and Patriots.

YANKEES HATE WEEK IS ON FOR MY BRAVES!

and we completed the SWEEP over the Cardinals the other night too.

Written By: nally on 07/02/18 at 2:43 pm

So you hate my Braves a lot, while I hate the Yankees the most (and so do you too so that's cool!) Although I hate the Red Sox too because they're from Boston and I hate any Boston team including the Celtics and Patriots.

Basically the only thing I don't like about the Braves is the Tomohawk Chant, which I mentioned above. However, they do have some likeable qualities. I might root for them in one game this week.

As for the Yankees, I actually did cheer for them from July 22-24th of 2016 only because they played an interleague series with the Giants that weekend, and the Dodgers were trying to overtake them for first place in NL West at the time (and NYY took two of three). And I will probably do that again next year when the NL West plays the AL East (although the actual days when the Giants and Yankees face each other will not be announced until later this year when the entire 2019 schedule is released).

YANKEES HATE WEEK IS ON FOR MY BRAVES!

Only until Wednesday. And my apologies to any fans of either team.

and we completed the SWEEP over the Cardinals the other night too.

That's right, first time the Braves have done that since the end of the 2015 regular season (in Atlanta); congratulations to them on that accomplishment. O0

Written By: mqg96 on 07/02/18 at 10:18 pm

What a game in Yankee Stadium! The Braves and Yankees were tied for a LONG time 3-3 and in the bottom 10th the Braves escaped when all those Yankees were filled in those bases, and in the top 11th Ronald Acuna Jr. pulls through for us with a tight home run which gave us a 5-3 lead! There were multiple errors committed by both teams' bullpens earlier in the game but from that point on it was scoreless for awhile. The Braves got their 49th win of the season and our 4th in a row throughout this road trip! We are for real! Series not over yet though.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/02/18 at 10:41 pm

What a game in Yankee Stadium! The Braves and Yankees were tied for a LONG time 3-3 and in the bottom 10th the Braves escaped when all those Yankees were filled in those bases, and in the top 11th Ronald Acuna Jr. pulls through for us with a tight home run which gave us a 5-3 lead! There were multiple errors committed by both teams' bullpens earlier in the game but from that point on it was scoreless for awhile. The Braves got their 49th win of the season and our 4th in a row throughout this road trip! We are for real! Series not over yet though.

Yeah, I saw the end of the game 8-P.

Written By: nally on 07/02/18 at 11:35 pm

Congratulations to the Braves. I'll probably see the highlights on Quick Pitch later on.

Dodgers have done well in their game thus far. On last check it was 8-1 in the 4th (or 5th?) inning

Written By: nally on 07/03/18 at 5:23 pm

Congratulations to the Braves. I'll probably see the highlights on Quick Pitch later on.

Dodgers have done well in their game thus far. On last check it was 8-1 in the 4th (or 5th?) inning

They ended up winning the game 17 to 1, by the way. :o

Now I wonder how many runs they're gonna score for Kershaw tonight. He has only ONE win to his name this season, which is so unlike him at this point in the season. But then again he's been on the DL for a while this year.

Written By: nally on 07/04/18 at 1:08 am

Now I wonder how many runs they're gonna score for Kershaw tonight. He has only ONE win to his name this season, which is so unlike him at this point in the season. But then again he's been on the DL for a while this year.

Now he finally has two wins on the season. The Dodgers gave him 8 runs of support, many of which were scored by means of home runs. Max Muncy, who joined the team at the major league level in May, has been quite a contributor as of late! He leads the team in homers with 20. :o

Written By: nally on 07/04/18 at 10:53 pm

Dodgers sweep Pirates!

It took a 5-out save from Kenley Jansen to get the job done.

Written By: nally on 07/08/18 at 6:33 pm

On Friday, Dodgers had a 2-1 lead entering the 9th at Angel Stadium in Anaheim; Kenley got the first two guys out in the bottom of the 9th, but walked Shohei Othani, then Grandal's throw to 2nd base (to try to catch Othani stealing) went into the outfield, getting Othani to 3rd; then a base hit scored him to tie up the game; the next hit walked it off.
Yesterday, Kenley was able to nail down the save. Therefore, tonight's game is the "rubber" game.

Written By: nally on 07/08/18 at 10:36 pm

...and today the difference in the game was a 7th inning pinch-hit home run by Otahni. :-\\

Written By: nally on 07/11/18 at 12:34 pm

Dodgers won on Monday night, but not last night.

One member of their team, Matt Kemp, is going to be in the All Star Game starting lineup next week, since he got the most votes among outfielders.

Written By: nally on 07/13/18 at 1:40 am

Two landslide games were played yesterday (Wednesday): Indians clobbered the Reds 19-2 and the Rockies annihilated the Dbacks 19-4.

In today's action, the Rockies beat the Dbacks by a more modest score (5-1) and the Dodgers beat the Padres by a run (3-2), moving LAD into sole possession of first place in the NL West for the first time this year!! :D

Written By: nally on 07/14/18 at 1:17 am

The big story in MLB today (at least in the Dodgers clubhouse) was Chase Utley announcing that he plans to retire from playing at the end of this year. Utley, 39 (he'll be 40 in December), decides he's going to put family first.

Ten years ago, in 2008, he helped the Philadelphia Phillies, capture their second World Series title in franchise history; this year he hopes to help the Dodgers win it all.

Tonight, he appeared as a pinch-hitter and got a hit (and was congratulated by his teammates in the dugout when the inning was over). The Dodgers went on to beat the Angels 3-2, in the Dodger Stadium opener of the 2018 Freeway Series.

Written By: loki 13 on 07/14/18 at 8:06 pm

The big story in MLB today (at least in the Dodgers clubhouse) was Chase Utley announcing that he plans to retire from playing at the end of this year. Utley, 39 (he'll be 40 in December), decides he's going to put family first.

Ten years ago, in 2008, he helped the Philadelphia Phillies, capture their second World Series title in franchise history; this year he hopes to help the Dodgers win it all.

Tonight, he appeared as a pinch-hitter and got a hit (and was congratulated by his teammates in the dugout when the inning was over). The Dodgers went on to beat the Angels 3-2, in the Dodger Stadium opener of the 2018 Freeway Series.

The Dodgers come into town on the 23rd, I believe. I suspect Chase will get quite an ovation from the home crowd.

Written By: nally on 07/14/18 at 10:35 pm

The Dodgers come into town on the 23rd, I believe. I suspect Chase will get quite an ovation from the home crowd.

Yes, they will. And he will likely get one too.

I know he got a heroes welcome in 2016 in Philly when he first played there as a visiting player.

Written By: nally on 07/15/18 at 11:02 pm

Dodgers win the finale of the 2018 Freeway Series; this coupled with the Braves averting a sweep by the Dbacks in Atlanta, gives the Dodgers a half-game lead in the NL West heading into the All Star Break.

Elsewhere, Mike Matheny has been fired as Cardinals manager, after 6 1/2 seasons at the helm. He's being replaced by another guy named Mike: Schildt, who'd been their bench coach until now.

Written By: nally on 07/16/18 at 10:32 pm

Congratulations to Bryce Harper for winning the 2018 Home Run Derby!

The only other "home" players who won the Home Run Derby (that is, players of the host team) were Todd Frazier of the Cincinnati Reds in 2015 at Great American Ballpark and Ryne Sandberg of the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field in 1990.

Written By: yelimsexa on 07/17/18 at 2:57 pm

As of the All-Star Game, the top four best teams in both leagues all come from the AL (Red Sox, Yankees, Astros, and Mariners). Not surprisingly, the three worst teams also come from the AL (White Sox, Orioles, Royals).

Written By: nally on 07/17/18 at 6:02 pm

The game starts in about an hour (although coverage begins in half hour). I'll only be watching the first hour-and-a-half of it because I have someplace to go to tonight.

Written By: nally on 07/18/18 at 11:40 am

American League wins yet again...in extra innings. Score was 8-6 in 10.

This now gives the A.L. more All-Star wins all time. Coming into this year, the AL and NL had each won 43 All-Star games, with two ties. But lately (especially over the last 30 years), AL has dominated.

Still, this does NOT mean the AL will host the opening game of the World Series. That criterion was done away with last year. Whichever (eventual) pennant-winning team has the best regular-season record, will have home field advantage. (Last year, the Dodgers were that team.)

Written By: nally on 07/19/18 at 12:07 am

So, yesterday's All Star Game ends up being Manny Machado's final appearance in a Baltimore Orioles uniform. He's been traded to the Dodgers!! :D :o

Written By: nally on 07/21/18 at 12:07 am

And so, with regular play resuming for all teams today...

Manny Machado, in his Dodgers debut, goes 2 for 3 with a pair of walks, en route to a 6-4 win over the Brewers in Milwaukee.

Written By: nally on 07/23/18 at 12:01 am

Dodgers take two of three in Milwaukee; Manny Machado got his first extra-base hit as a member of the Dodgers today: a double.

Elsewhere... the 2018 Subway Series finale postponed on account of inclement weather in NY. Will be made up on Monday August 13.

Written By: nally on 07/27/18 at 10:58 pm

Glad to see Kershaw win another game.

By the way, yesterday (Thursday), Manny Machado hit his first home run as a Dodger!

Written By: nally on 07/28/18 at 11:25 pm

Dodgers won again in Atlanta tonight, with Alex Wood picking up a win against his former team.

Tomorrow they will go for a four-game sweep in Atlanta!

Written By: nally on 07/29/18 at 10:48 am

Also, today is the Hall Of Fame induction ceremony; coverage begins on MLB Network at 1:30pm Eastern time (10:30am Pacific).

This year's inductees include Chipper Jones, Jim Thome, Vladimir Guerrero, and Trevor Hoffman (who were elected in January), alongside players Jack Morris and Alan Trammell.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/29/18 at 2:23 pm

Dodgers won again in Atlanta tonight, with Alex Wood picking up a win against his former team.

Tomorrow they will go for a four-game sweep in Atlanta!

This must be your favorite Dodgers moment of the year  ;D

After that major trade your team did I have a feeling the Dodgers win the World Series this year directly 30 years from the 1988 Dodgers team, and y'all were in the World Series last year too. In sports a lot of teams tend to end droughts in years divisible by 5 or 10. Just like the Golden State Warriors ending their 40 year NBA title drought in 2015, the Kansas City Royals ending their 30 year World Series drought in 2015, or the Clemson Tigers ending their 35 year national title drought in 2016.

Written By: nally on 07/30/18 at 12:22 am

This must be your favorite Dodgers moment of the year  ;D

You guys got lucky this time around. ;) Braves averted a sweep by taking a no-hitter into the 9th inning with 2 out. In fact, Dodgers were down to their final strike when Chris Taylor broke up the no-hit bid by getting a 2-2 pitch for a hit; then Manny Mechado hit him in. Atlanta starter Sean Newcomb was lifted after he gave up the single, having thrown 134 pitches.

After that major trade your team did I have a feeling the Dodgers win the World Series this year directly 30 years from the 1988 Dodgers team, and y'all were in the World Series last year too. In sports a lot of teams tend to end droughts in years divisible by 5 or 10. Just like the Golden State Warriors ending their 40 year NBA title drought in 2015, the Kansas City Royals ending their 30 year World Series drought in 2015, or the Clemson Tigers ending their 35 year national title drought in 2016.

That's interesting. I hope they do make it and go all the way. They came so close last year but couldn't win Game Seven.

Written By: nally on 08/01/18 at 1:10 am

Several more trades went down today. Twins sent second baseman Brian Dozier to the Dodgers in exchange for Logan Forsythe, who wasn't all that contributive to L.A. this year.

Too bad that didn't help 'em win, or even score, tonight. Now we're out of first place again, because the Dbacks and Rockies both won tonight. >:(

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 08/01/18 at 3:49 pm

My team just had the biggest lopsided lost in its franchise history... :\'(

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/0db899fe8b8e5cba05b744b623c8ea01908a2937/c=311-0-4293-2994/local/-/media/2018/07/31/Bergen/NorthJersey/636686685143802397-Mets-Nationals-Baseball-1-.JPG?width=534&height=401&fit=crop

They lost 25-4, against the Washington Nationals. I'm so ashamed of my team right now, its not even funny. But I still drank from my NY Mets coffee mug this morning :-X... #fanaticproblems

Written By: nally on 08/01/18 at 9:58 pm

My team just had the biggest lopsided lost in its franchise history... :\'(

https://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/0db899fe8b8e5cba05b744b623c8ea01908a2937/c=311-0-4293-2994/local/-/media/2018/07/31/Bergen/NorthJersey/636686685143802397-Mets-Nationals-Baseball-1-.JPG?width=534&height=401&fit=crop

They lost 25-4, against the Washington Nationals. I'm so ashamed of my team right now, its not even funny. But I still drank from my NY Mets coffee mug this morning :-X... #fanaticproblems

Yeah, I saw that. Seems more like a football score...the Redskins over the Jets. ::)

And I thought MY team, the DUD-gers, were the ones with problems as of late. They're hot for a while, then they lose momentum. Just as long as they dont lose 20+ to whatever, I'm okay.

Written By: nally on 08/02/18 at 5:45 pm

And I thought MY team, the DUD-gers, were the ones with problems as of late. They're hot for a while, then they lose momentum. Just as long as they dont lose 20+ to whatever, I'm okay.

L.A. won it in extras on a two-run walkoff homer by Yasmany Grandal last nite. O0

Written By: nally on 08/03/18 at 2:07 pm

Last night, for the first time ever, the Dodgers scored 20+ runs in a game at Dodger Stadium. 21, to be exact, to the Brewers' 5. This included a 9-run outburst in the 7th inning, stemming partly from the Brewers' inability to get guys out. This gave Kershaw a much-deserved victory.

The Dodgers' record for runs in a game since moving to L.A. is 22, which they scored in Denver against the Rockies on July 21st of 2001 (they won that game 22-7). The franchise record is 25, scored during a game in the Brooklyn era.

Written By: nally on 08/08/18 at 10:41 am

Well, last night, the Dodgers accomplished something for the first time in 17 years.

They won a game in Oakland.

That's right, the Dodgers managed to defeat the Athletics by a score of 4-2.
They jumped out to an early 3-0 lead, but after starter Rich Hill gave up a 2-run homer to Khris Davis, the Dodgers got a run back and kept the lead. This makes it only their third win at Oakland since interleague play began in 1997.

The last time they won a game at Oakland Coliseum was July 14th 2001, by a score of 5-3 in 15 innings.

Written By: nally on 08/08/18 at 10:45 pm

Well, last night, the Dodgers accomplished something for the first time in 17 years.

They won a game in Oakland.

That's right, the Dodgers managed to defeat the Athletics by a score of 4-2.
They jumped out to an early 3-0 lead, but after starter Rich Hill gave up a 2-run homer to Khris Davis, the Dodgers got a run back and kept the lead. This makes it only their third win at Oakland since interleague play began in 1997.

The last time they won a game at Oakland Coliseum was July 14th 2001, by a score of 5-3 in 15 innings.

Tonight, however, it's a different story.

Written By: nally on 08/10/18 at 11:50 am

Dodgers and Dbacks are once again tied for the NL West division lead.

Written By: nally on 08/11/18 at 7:22 pm

Dodgers received a setback yesterday when it was announced that Kenley Jansen would be placed on the DL due to irregular heartbeat issues; he's gonna be out at least a month while undergoing treatment. So they're gonna need an interim closer in his absence.

They couldn't capitalize on the Dbacks' loss in Cincinnati last nite, so they remain tied in NL West heading into play today.

Written By: nally on 08/16/18 at 8:51 am

Dodgers FINALLY won another game last nite! (albeit in extra innings)

They walked it off in the 12th to avert a sweep at the hands of the Giants and come back to within 1 1/2 games of the idle Arizona Dbacks. Now today, the Dodgers will be idle and the Dbacks will open up a 4 game set with the Padres. (Padres, who are dead last in the NL West, got swept at home by the Angels.)

Written By: nally on 08/20/18 at 11:35 am

Dodgers took the "rubber" game in Seattle yesterday, giving Kershaw much-needed run support AND a 'W'. In fact, every member of the starting lineup had at least one hit to his name.

Written By: SmartBo1 on 08/20/18 at 12:28 pm

Dodgers took the "rubber" game in Seattle yesterday, giving Kershaw much-needed run support AND a 'W'. In fact, every member of the starting lineup had at least one hit to his name.

I was there a that game and it was just awful to watch.

Written By: nally on 08/20/18 at 4:03 pm

I was there a that game and it was just awful to watch.

I take it you must be a Mariners fan? (If so, Friday's game must have been awful for you too.)

Written By: SmartBo1 on 08/20/18 at 11:46 pm

I take it you must be a Mariners fan? (If so, Friday's game must have been awful for you too.)

Yup, sucks that the Mariners have been crap through out most of my life. :P

Written By: nally on 08/21/18 at 5:36 pm

Yup, sucks that the Mariners have been crap through out most of my life. :P

And they've gone the longest of any team without reaching the postseason. (They last got there in 2001, when they achieved 116 regular-season wins, but they fizzled out in the ALCS.) This year they've been making a push for at least a wildcard spot, but let's just say things aren't going quite as planned for them.

Written By: nally on 08/27/18 at 8:10 pm

Dodgers swept the Padres over the weekend, but they are still behind in the standings (in both the division AND the wildcard).

Written By: nally on 09/01/18 at 1:05 am

Andrew McCutcheon to the Yankees... David Freese to the Dodgers. Who'da thunk it?

Written By: nally on 09/02/18 at 6:33 pm

Last night, the Dodgers beat the Dbacks to move into a first place tie atop the NL West, and the Rockies won to move within a half-game of the lead. The race is tight as ever, among these three teams.

Written By: nally on 09/03/18 at 12:42 am

...and today, they moved into sole possession of first place in NL West by walking it off against the Dbacks, sending that team into third place... since the Rockies won their game in San Diego.

So now the Dodgers are in first place at 75-62, the Rockies are in second place at 74-62 (0.5 game back), and the Diamondbacks are in third place at 74-63 (1 full game back)!

Written By: nally on 09/05/18 at 11:56 am

Rockies moved into first place on Monday, coupled with the Dodgers and Dbacks losing.

And yesterday, all three teams won their respective games. So the Rockies still lead the NL West by half a game over the Dodgers, and the Dbacks trail the Rockies by one full game.

Written By: nally on 09/08/18 at 11:57 am

So, the Baltimorioles were handed their 100th loss of the season yesterday (at the hands of the Tampa Bay Rays, who beat them in a landslide).

Written By: nally on 09/10/18 at 1:05 pm

Dodgers once again trail the Rockies in the NL West; they took two of three in Denver over the weekend. The Arizona Dbacks, however, lost three of four to the Atlanta Braves to fall further back in the standings.

Written By: nally on 09/12/18 at 6:42 pm

Dodgers could not beat the last-place Cincinnati Reds at all this year...until the season-series finale today! (Last year, the Dodgers won all six games they played against the Reds (three at home, three in Cincy), but this year the Reds took all four at Dodger Stadium and the first two in Great American Ballpark. This afternoon they averted a "sweep revenge".)

Written By: nally on 09/15/18 at 1:17 am

Dodgers defeated Cardinals 3-0 in St. Louis to tie them for the lower NL wildcard spot!

The first-place-in-the-NL-West Rockies helped them out in the division race by laying a goose-egg in San Fran, putting an end to the Giants' losing streak.

Written By: nally on 09/15/18 at 5:01 pm

Dodgers beat the Cardinals in a landslide today, 17-4. Cardinals' only runs came courtesy of a grand slam in the 3rd inning, which gave them a 4-3 lead, but the Dodgers scored 14 unanswered runs, including three home runs from Yasiel Puig, en route to their 82nd win of the season. This gives the Dodgers sole possession of the lower NL wildcard spot. Now if the Rockies can lose tonight, then the Dodgers take over first place in the NL West again, and the Rockies would be in the lower NL wildcard!

Written By: nally on 09/17/18 at 11:05 am

And last night the Dodgers gave back first place, by failing to score at all in the finale of the St. Louis series; it also puts these teams back into a tie for the NL's lower wildcard spot. :-\\ The Rockies had averted a sweep in San Fran by breaking out of their scoreless streak.

Written By: nally on 09/18/18 at 6:07 pm

Dodgers regained first place by beating the Rockies 8-2 (doing all of their scoring in the first four innings).

Written By: nally on 09/20/18 at 6:47 pm

Last night the Dodgers swept the Rockies to go up 2 1/2 games on them! Dbacks down to 6 games behind. Rockies will play at Arizona this weekend, so I think I'll root for the Dbacks in that series.

Written By: nally on 09/20/18 at 11:25 pm

Congratulations to the Boston Redsox for their third straight AL East title. (With apologies to anyone that doesn't like 'em.)

Written By: nally on 09/23/18 at 12:10 am

Braves clinch NL East for their first postseason appearance in five years (also a division title), and NYY clinches a wildcard spot in the AL. (So this is the first time since 2005 that the Braves and Yankes, the two teams I despise the most, will simultaneously be in the postseason.)

Elsewhere, the Dodgers won their game, giving Rich Hill his 10th win of the season. Finally the Dodgers have a pitcher with double-digit wins this season! Also in the game, Manny Mechado hit a three-run home run on his "bobble head" night. O0 #GoDodgers!

Written By: nally on 09/23/18 at 9:26 pm

Dbacks eliminated from postseason contention altogether, since they couldn't win one lousy game against the Rockies this weekend. (Not just that, the Cardinals -- who currently hold the lower NL wildcard spot -- completed a sweep of the Giants.) But the Dodgers did their part by annihilating the Padres 14 to goose-egg. Dodgers' magic number to clinch their sixth straight division title is down to six.

Written By: nally on 09/25/18 at 6:03 pm

So the Astros and Athletics are going to get the AL West division title and one AL wildcard spot, in some order. However, it appears more likely now for the Astros to win the division and the A's to get the wildcard (and face the Yankees next Wed.).

Written By: mqg96 on 09/26/18 at 9:49 am

Braves clinch NL East for their first postseason appearance in five years (also a division title), and NYY clinches a wildcard spot in the AL. (So this is the first time since 2005 that the Braves and Yankes, the two teams I despise the most, will simultaneously be in the postseason.)

So much has happened since I was gone for a little bit! Congratulations to my Braves first NL East title since 2013, and this was a shocking surprise season for our Braves too. Right now the Braves have the 2nd longest playoff losing streak in MLB history at 8, we haven't won a playoff game since 2001 I think. I hope we can end that drought this year because I believe we have a special team with so much talent, even more talent than the 2013 team IMO. Ronald Acuna Jr. has been on fire for us and he's only a ROOKIE! If there's one team in the playoffs I don't want to face, it's your LA Dodgers because they have the experience and they were in the World Series last year. They don't match up well with our bullpen issues. I hope the Red Sox fall hard on their faces but they look unstoppable unfortunately.

Written By: nally on 09/26/18 at 11:09 am

^ Dodgers would likely face Braves in the NLDS at this point (just like they did in '13). But if the Rockies overtake Dodgers (which they might, since their lead is now down to a half-game), then the Rockies would win their first division title in franchise history* and face the Braves instead.

*Each time the Rockies have reached the postseason, it was as a wildcard winner.

Written By: nally on 09/27/18 at 12:01 am

Astros clinch AL West, so the Yankes and Athletics will win wildcards in some order.

Cubs and Brewers will win NL Central and an NL wildcard spot in some order.

Dodgers appear to be moving back into second place in NL West as Rockies continue to annihilate the Phillies. (So for now, the Dodgers would replace the Rockies in the lower NL wildcard spot, (and would win it if the season ended today).)

Written By: nally on 09/27/18 at 1:19 pm

Yep, Dodgers in second place, now trail the Rockies by a half-game. My only hope is for the Phillies to salvage a game in Colorado and put the Rockies back into a tie with the idle Dodgers. Otherwise, the Dodgers could be eliminated from playoff contention. :-[

Written By: nally on 09/27/18 at 8:32 pm

No such luck. Rockies sweep Phillies, therefore Dodgers are one full game behind in the NL West division. :(

Written By: nally on 09/29/18 at 10:51 am

Rockies are still unable to lose a game; however, the Dodgers did their part in San Fran last nite to remain one game back. If the Rockies and Dodgers should finish in a tie for the NL West lead, then a tiebreaker would be played on Monday at Dodger Stadium (since the Dodgers won the season series against them).

The St. Louis Cardinals, on the other hand, are on the brink of total elimination from playoff contention. If they lose today or the Dodgers win, then they are out altogether, and the Dodgers will for-sure be in.

Written By: nally on 09/30/18 at 12:35 am

Dodgers won their game this afternoon!! That means the Cardinals are eliminated from postseason contention (even though they won earlier in the day), and the Dodgers will either get the NL West title OR the lower NL wildcard. They are tied with the Rockies for the division lead because the Rockies finally lost today.

In the NL Central race, the Cubs lost earlier (to the Cardinals) and the Brewers won later on, so they are tied for that division.

So, heading into closing day, the Rockies and Dodgers will get, in some order, the NL West title and the lower NL wildcard; and the Brewers and Cubs will get, in some order, the NL Central crown and the upper NL wildcard. If the races remain tied at the end of play tomorrow, tiebreakers will be played on Monday October 1. Whichever team wins the NL Central title (Cubs OR Brewers), that team will get the top seed in the NL and have home field advantage in the NLDS and will be paired with whichever team wins the NL Wild Card Game. (In the other NLDS, the Braves will be paired with whichever team wins the NL West race -- Dodgers or Rockies.)

Written By: nally on 09/30/18 at 6:26 pm

...and it looks like both pairs of teams will play Game 163's tomorrow. Dodgers routed the Giants 15 to goose-egg while the Rockies blanked the Nationals 12 to goose-egg; Cubs held off the Cardinals by beating them 10-5; Brewers completed a sweep of the Tigers 11-0.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2018/09/30/mlb-playoffs-tiebreakers-dodgers-rockies-cubs-brewers/1481842002/

Brewers at Cubs will be played first; game will start at noon local time (1pm EDT, 10am PDT). Winner of that game gets the NL Central crown (and the top seed in the NL); loser will host the NL Wild Card Game on Tuesday. (And if the loser wins the wildcard Game, these teams will square off again on Thursday to start their half of the NLDS!)

Rockies at Dodgers will start at 1pm local time (3pm CDT, 4pm EDT). Winner of that game gets the NL West crown; loser gets the lower wildcard spot and travels to either Chicago OR Milwaukee.

Both are set to be shown on ESPN.

Written By: nally on 10/01/18 at 10:50 pm

Brewers defeated Cubs 3-1; Dodgers defeated Rockies 5-2. So the Rockies will fly to Chicago for the NL Wild Card match tomorrow. Dodgers will welcome in the Braves on Thursday.

Written By: nally on 10/03/18 at 11:51 am

NL Wild Card Game: Rockies defeat Cubs 2-1 in 13 innings. This is the longest winner-take-all game in MLB postseason history, breaking the record of 12 innings set in the Game Seven of the 1924 World Series (and tied in the 2014 American League Wildcard Game).

Written By: mqg96 on 10/03/18 at 5:17 pm

NL Wild Card Game: Rockies defeat Cubs 2-1 in 13 innings. This is the longest winner-take-all game in MLB postseason history, breaking the record of 12 innings set in the Game Seven of the 1924 World Series (and tied in the 2014 American League Wildcard Game).

Crazy era in sports lately. I stayed up all the way for that WILDCARD game! Even with classes the following morning an hour away from my house. Once the 13th inning started I was like "okay I'll make a vow if this goes to a 16th inning then I'll go to bed" and then the Rockies got it done in the top 13th! Damn too bad for Cubs fans, that's what falling to the WILDCARD will do to you if you don't take advantage. This was also the Rockies' first postseason win in 9 years which I did not know.

My Braves haven't won a postseason game in 17 years, and the one team I did NOT want to face (your Dodgers) is the team we have to play as the lower seed. Oh well, great season Braves. We're a young team this year, a couple years away. Our bullpen won't be able to handle your team but we have to see. I think your team will get back to the World Series and break their 30 year drought if you get past the Braves, just like the Royals did back in 2015.

Written By: nally on 10/03/18 at 5:25 pm

Crazy era in sports lately. I stayed up all the way for that WILDCARD game! Even with classes the following morning an hour away from my house. Once the 13th inning started I was like "okay I'll make a vow if this goes to a 16th inning then I'll go to bed" and then the Rockies got it done in the top 13th! Damn too bad for Cubs fans, that's what falling to the WILDCARD will do to you if you don't take advantage. This was also the Rockies' first postseason win in 9 years which I did not know.

That's right; they reached the postseason in 2009 (as a wildcard) but lost the NLDS to the Phillies. (They were also a wildcard last year and lost the NLWCG to the Dbacks.)

My Braves haven't won a postseason game in 17 years, and the one team I did NOT want to face (your Dodgers) is the team we have to play as the lower seed. Oh well, great season Braves. We're a young team this year, a couple years away. Our bullpen won't be able to handle your team but we have to see.

Actually...the Braves haven't won a postseason series in 17 years. They won some games in the NLDS from 2002 thru 2005, as well as in 2010 and 2013, but did not advance. In fact, the last time the Braves got to the postseason was 2013, and their opponent was...my team, the Dodgers!

I think your team will get back to the World Series and break their 30 year drought if you get past the Braves, just like the Royals did back in 2015.

Let's hope so. They have to produce...and keep the opposition from scoring. Of course, if they advance to the NLCS, their opponent there will either be the Rockies or Brewers. During the regular season, the Dodgers fared well against all three other NL teams still in it -- Braves, Rockies, and Brewers -- but anything can happen in the postseason.

Written By: mqg96 on 10/03/18 at 5:44 pm

Actually...the Braves haven't won a postseason series in 17 years. They won some games in the NLDS from 2002 thru 2005, as well as in 2010 and 2013, but did not advance. In fact, the last time the Braves got to the postseason was 2013, and their opponent was...my team, the Dodgers!

Let's hope so. They have to produce...and keep the opposition from scoring. Of course, if they advance to the NLCS, their opponent there will either be the Rockies or Brewers. During the regular season, the Dodgers fared well against all three other NL teams still in it -- Braves, Rockies, and Brewers -- but anything can happen in the postseason.

Oops my bad I actually meant "series", I stand as corrected by that!  ;D  Man I'm so football minded since that's my favorite sport so I think about the GAME where you only get 4 quarters.

Yeah, it's a good thing there's more parody in baseball than the NBA. The Braves have the hitting talent (Acuna, Freeman, Markakis, Swanson, Ozzie, etc.), but it's our bullpen and especially our pitching against good teams that gives us a lot of problems. We are a young team this year ahead of schedule. In fact, throughout the year the Braves were good against our own division and NL Central teams, but the NL West gave us the most problems, and it's clear that the NL West is the toughest division with 2 teams from that division in the divisional series (Rockies and Dodgers). I saw that Cubs and Rockies wildcard game, and man throughout game especially by the time we got to extra innings the bullpens and the pitching had to be EXTREMELY clutch and alert AF! You could sense that completely different playoff atmosphere vibe than a regular season game.

Written By: nally on 10/04/18 at 12:17 am

Oops my bad I actually meant "series", I stand as corrected by that!  ;D  Man I'm so football minded since that's my favorite sport so I think about the GAME where you only get 4 quarters.

That's right!! Baseball, on the other hand, has innings... and no time limit!

Yeah, it's a good thing there's more parody in baseball than the NBA. The Braves have the hitting talent (Acuna, Freeman, Markakis, Swanson, Ozzie, etc.), but it's our bullpen and especially our pitching against good teams that gives us a lot of problems. We are a young team this year ahead of schedule. In fact, throughout the year the Braves were good against our own division and NL Central teams, but the NL West gave us the most problems, and it's clear that the NL West is the toughest division with 2 teams from that division in the divisional series (Rockies and Dodgers). I saw that Cubs and Rockies wildcard game, and man throughout game especially by the time we got to extra innings the bullpens and the pitching had to be EXTREMELY clutch and alert AF! You could sense that completely different playoff atmosphere vibe than a regular season game.

yup... the Braves are a better team this year than they were last year. As for Swanson, he's not gonna be on the NLDS roster due to injury (he hurt his hand). Still, they have other guys that can produce, as you mentioned. I wonder if Ryu will keep them at bay tomorrow...we'll just wait and see.

Written By: nally on 10/04/18 at 12:19 am

AL Wild Card Game: Somehow I knew the Yankees would have the upper hand in this one. They have defeated the Oakland Athletics and will head to Boston to start the ALDS on Friday. This is the first postseason meeting of the Yankees and Redsox since the 2004 ALCS.

Written By: nally on 10/05/18 at 11:19 am

Both NLDS openers were played yesterday.

Brewers beat Rockies in extra innings, 3-2.

Dodgers blanked Braves 6-0 behind a strong pitching performance from Hyun-Jin Ryu (whose name got mispronounced a few times by Bob Costas), starting in place of Clayton Kershaw, who'll pitch Game Two tonight. No one thought starting Ryu instead of Kersh would work out well...but it did!

Written By: nally on 10/06/18 at 12:15 am

So far in this year's LDS (in both the American League side and the National League side), the home team has won every game.

Both ALDSes got started today; Astros downed the Indians 7-2, and the Redsox held off the Yankes 5-4.

Both Game Twos of the NLDS were shutouts; Brewers blanked the Rockies 4-0 (with Jhoulys Chacin pitching 5 shutout innings against his former team) and the Braves laid another goose-egg at Dodger Stadium, with L.A. winning 3-0 (behind a strong performance from Clayton Kershaw, who threw 85 pitches over 8 innings).

Written By: nally on 10/06/18 at 10:48 pm

Astros made it 2 wins in a row over the Tribe this afternoon.

And in Boston...

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/6CC2kI9sVRE/hqdefault.jpg

Dave Price just doesn't do so well against the NYY these days.

Written By: mqg96 on 10/07/18 at 10:08 pm

^ Watch the Braves blow this lead  :-X :-\\

Because Atlanta is gonna Atlanta....

Written By: mqg96 on 10/07/18 at 10:52 pm

Never mind! We kept our season alive with a thrilling 6-5 victory at home! Just hanging on for survival. Glad we didn't get swept!

Written By: nally on 10/08/18 at 10:14 am

^ Yep, a sweep just wasn't in the cards for the Dudgers, it seems.

Brewers, on the other hand, did complete the sweep of the Rockies yesterday. So they will host Game One of the NLCS this Friday, regardless of which team wins the other half of the NLDS.

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/08/18 at 2:10 pm

The baseball strike of 94

Written By: nally on 10/08/18 at 6:09 pm

Astros sweep Indians to advance to ALCS for second straight year.

Written By: nally on 10/08/18 at 11:21 pm

Dodgers beat the Braves 6-2 in Game Four to win their half of the NLDS and advance to the NLCS, which will begin Friday in Milwaukee.

Redsox annihilate the Yankees 16-1 in Game Three of their ALDS to go up 2 games to 1. If Boston wins tomorrow, then they will advance to the ALCS and host the Astros for Games One and Two.

Written By: nally on 10/10/18 at 11:27 am

Red Sox narrowly beat the Yankees in Game Four of the ALDS last night!! Craig Kimbrel entered the bottom of the 9th with a 4-1 lead, but he walked three Yankees batters, gave up a single, hit a batter, and even issued a sacrifice fly to Gary Sanchez to put NYY within one run (4-3), but he got the next batter out -- on a close play at first -- to end it.

So the ALCS will be Houston vs. Boston, with Game One to be played at Fenway Park on Saturday Night.

Written By: nally on 10/12/18 at 11:41 pm

NLCS began tonight in Milwaukee. Kershaw was just not himself tonight; he had to leave the game in the 4th inning without recording an out... but the Dodgers would eventually lose by a run, 6-5.

Written By: nally on 10/13/18 at 7:43 pm

Dodgers bounce back to win Game Two of NLCS, thanks to a 2-run home run from Justin Turner that turned a 3-2 deficit into a 4-3 lead...which was preserved. Series is tied at 1-1, so we will see three games at Dodger Stadium next wk.

Written By: nally on 10/14/18 at 12:57 pm

Astros take Game One of ALCS in Boston, 7-2. Four of those Houston runs came in the top of 9th inning.

Written By: nally on 10/14/18 at 11:59 pm

Astros take Game One of ALCS in Boston, 7-2. Four of those Houston runs came in the top of 9th inning.

And tonight the Redsox bounced back to even up the series at a game apiece.

So both LCSes will have a Game Five necessary; neither one will be a sweep.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/15/18 at 1:37 pm

Chris Sale..The Red Sox star pitcher went into the hospital yesterday with a "stomach ailment" 

Written By: wsmith4 on 10/15/18 at 2:15 pm

Are the eagles playing today?

Written By: nally on 10/15/18 at 4:37 pm

Chris Sale..The Red Sox star pitcher went into the hospital yesterday with a "stomach ailment"

Oh dear! :o If he doesn't recover soon, someone will have to pitch in place of him on his next scheduled start.

Written By: nally on 10/16/18 at 5:21 pm

Dodgers failed to score at all in Game Three last night. What's more, Brewers starter Jhoulys Chacin was much better in his outing in that game than in his previous outing at Dodger Stadium (August 2nd, when he gave up a whole buncha runs and the Dodgers went on to score a total of 21).

I hope they do better tonight.

Written By: nally on 10/17/18 at 12:15 pm

Game Four of the NLCS went 13 innings before the Dodgers finally broke through on a walk-off single by Cody Bellinger that scored Manny Mechado from second base. They won 2-1. So that series is now tied at 2 games apiece, making a Game Six necessary in Milwaukee on Friday.

Game Three of the ALCS in Houston belonged to the Boston Redsox, who scored 8 total runs (half of which came via a grand slam by Jackie Bradley Jr in the 8th inning) to the Astros' 2. Boston now up 2 games to 1.

Written By: nally on 10/18/18 at 12:32 am

NLCS: Dodgers win Game Five, behind some strong pitching by Clayton Kershaw and rallies in the 6th/7th innings to defeat the Brewers 5-2 and go up 3 games to 2 as the series heads back to Milwaukee.

ALCS: Red Sox narrowly defeated the Astros in Houston 8-6, giving Boston a 3-games-to-1 advantage.

Written By: nally on 10/18/18 at 10:52 pm

Congratulations to the Boston Red Sox for winning the American League pennant!! They held off the Astros, 4-1, in Game Five of the ALCS, getting to Verlander early; David Price pitched well for the Sox.

The World Series will definitely begin on Tuesday night at Fenway Park. The Sox' opponent will either be the Dodgers or the Brewers, depending on who wins the NLCS. If Dodgers win Game Six tomorrow, then they're headed to Boston for the World Series.

Written By: nally on 10/19/18 at 11:36 pm

Yep, NLCS is gonna have a deciding game tomorrow. Brewers won Game Six, 7-2.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/20/18 at 11:25 pm

The decision is in.  Congratulations to the Dodgers!!!    :)

Written By: mqg96 on 10/21/18 at 12:10 am

Congratulations! NL champions for the 2nd year in a row. I should have crowed you immediately after my Braves lost to you in Game 4 of the divisional series. I've called it all year long, if your Dodgers get hot, your team is going to break their 30 year drought just like the Royals did 3 years ago for their franchise.

Written By: nally on 10/21/18 at 2:59 pm

The decision is in.  Congratulations to the Dodgers!!!    :)

Yes!!! I even watched the game last night. Congratts to my team. O0

Congratulations! NL champions for the 2nd year in a row. I should have crowed you immediately after my Braves lost to you in Game 4 of the divisional series. I've called it all year long, if your Dodgers get hot, your team is going to break their 30 year drought just like the Royals did 3 years ago for their franchise.

I sure hope so. Not only that, hopefully the Dodgers can do another thing that the Royals did 3 yrs ago: win the World Series after losing it in Game Seven the previous year.

However, the Dodgers will need to win at least one game in Fenway Park to have a chance at a title.

Written By: nally on 10/23/18 at 11:43 pm

Well, where I am, there is sadness in the air... as the DUD-gers could not get anything going in Game One of the World Series. Sox seemingly had more power. Even worse, LAD starter Curtain Clayshaw just wasn't too good tonight either. :(

Written By: nally on 10/24/18 at 10:27 pm

This time, Dodgers actually took an early 2-1 lead, but couldn't keep it. This was due to Ryu loading up the bases in the 5th inning, getting pulled before he could complete the inning, and having his successor Ryan Madson allowing all those baserunners to score. And the DUDgers could never recover.

So we're down 2 games to none as the Series shifts to L.A. :( :-[

Written By: nally on 10/27/18 at 1:17 am

Game Three now six hours old, in the 15th inning. Dudgers had several chances to win it, but effed it up every time.

Now we're in danger of going down 3 games to none. :-[

Written By: mqg96 on 10/27/18 at 1:28 am

Game Three now six hours old, in the 15th inning. Dudgers had several chances to win it, but effed it up every time.

I'm here watching with you buddy! Hang in there! Bottom 15th let's go!

Written By: mqg96 on 10/27/18 at 2:39 am

18 innings represents 2018 for the Dodgers baby! They're still in it!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/27/18 at 9:16 am

Dodgers pull it out in the bottom 18th inning!  Way to go Dodgers!  :)

Written By: nally on 10/27/18 at 11:41 am

18 innings represents 2018 for the Dodgers baby! They're still in it!

Dodgers pull it out in the bottom 18th inning!  Way to go Dodgers!  :)

Thanks to Max Muncy, who three innings earlier just missed hitting it out. This time he got all of it!

The game ended up being the longest World Series game ever in terms of both innings (18) and length of time (7 hours and 20 minutes).

The losing pitcher for Boston, Nathan Eovaldi, was initially intended to be the starter for Game Four, but he went so many innings (and manager Alex Cora decided to stick with him) that he likely won't be available at all tonight. My guess is that Drew Pomerantz will probably start. (For LAD it'll probably be Rich Hill.)

Written By: danootaandme on 10/27/18 at 1:16 pm

I went to sleep in the 13th. I think there were two outs and I figured the Sox had squeezed it out. Could not believe what I saw when I woke up.

Written By: nally on 10/27/18 at 6:33 pm

I went to sleep in the 13th. I think there were two outs and I figured the Sox had squeezed it out. Could not believe what I saw when I woke up.

Yes, Boston actually took a 2-1 lead in the top of the 13th, but the Dodgers answered with a run in the bottom of the 13th, due in part to a throwing error by Kinsler.

Written By: nally on 10/28/18 at 5:02 pm

Last night's game was a nightmare. Again, the Dodgers scored first (albeit not until the 5th/6th innings), and the starter pitched well (in this case, Rich Hill), but again the bullpen effed it up! >:(

LAD led 4-0 entering the 7th. Hill got somebody out, walked a batter, and was subsequently lifted for a reliever. Scott Alexander, inheriting a baserunner, throws four pitches to the next batter, walking him, resulting in a two-on-and-one-out situation. So then he's replaced with another reliever... Ryan Madson. Bad choice! Why? Because in every game of this series, anytime Madson inherits any baserunners, they all score! And in this game he did just that: gave up a three-run home run to the next guy he faced, trimming the lead to one (4-3). But thankfully he got out of it. However, in the bottom of the 7th, Dudgers did not score, thus keeping it a one-run affair.

And in the 8th inning, the new Dodger relief pitcher is none other than...Kenley Jansen. Another big mistake! Why? Anytime Kenley comes into the game in the 8th, with only a one-run lead, he's likely to give up a solo home run, thereby relinquishing the lead! And he did just that last night. And in the 9th, things only got worse as the bullpen imploded, giving up WAY too many runs. (Even one is too many.)

Dave Roberts may be a decent manager (overall), but he needs to stop doing two things. One: DO NOT bring in Ryan Madson when there are guys on base; he's liable to let them score. Two: DO NOT bring in Kenly Jansen for the 8th inning if the team has a one-run lead.

So they'd better win tonight, else they're toast.

/end rant

Written By: nally on 10/28/18 at 10:49 pm

It's all over :\'( :\'( :\'( :\'(

Just FTR, I didn't even watch the game. All the same, I was not expecting my team to get anythin' goin' against a formidable team like the Redsox.

Written By: mqg96 on 10/29/18 at 11:30 am

Boston gets it done again!  >:(

F the Red Sox. F the Celtics. F the Patriots. F all Boston teams forever! Sick and tired of them!  8-P

Written By: nally on 10/29/18 at 12:43 pm

I'm just glad it wasn't the Yankees that won it. They've won well more than their share of titles, IMHO.

By the way I do know some people who are Redsox fans.

Written By: danootaandme on 10/29/18 at 12:56 pm

Alex Cora, manager of the Red Sox, is the first rookie manager to win a Series.  His pay is $800,000 one of the lowest in baseball.  The only thing he asked for in writing his contract was that the Sox send a plane load of supplies to his hometown in Puerto Rico.  He went down with it to help them pass it out.  Now that is a human being.

Written By: nally on 10/29/18 at 12:58 pm

Alex Cora, manager of the Red Sox, is the first rookie manager to win a Series.

...which is quite a remarkable accomplishment! O0 I wonder if he'll be a finalist for AL Manager Of The Year.

His pay is $800,000 one of the lowest in baseball.  The only thing he asked for in writing his contract was that the Sox send a plane load of supplies to his hometown in Puerto Rico.  He went down with it to help them pass it out.  Now that is a human being.

It sure is. I always like to see people doing that sorta thing.

Written By: nally on 10/30/18 at 12:06 am

Alex Cora, manager of the Red Sox, is the first rookie manager to win a Series.

What about Ralph Houk? He began his managerial career with the New York Yankees in 1961; that team went on to win that year's World Series. (Or was he not considered a "rookie manager" at the time, since he served as an "acting manager" for part of the 1960 season when Casey Stengel was out sick?)

Check for new replies or respond here...