inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: BREAKING: LeBron agrees to $154 Million Deal with the Lakers

Written By: mqg96 on 07/01/18 at 8:14 pm

Celtics vs. Lakers for the 2019 Finals, book it. LeBron vs. Kyrie Finals is gonna happen, and watch Kawhi Leonard join the Lakers too. Anyways, I know Magic Johnson is happy about this now so that'll take less pressure off him as president of the franchise. I'm not a Lakers fan (I'm a Hawks fan of course), but I am a LeBron fan too as a player, so I always root for any team he goes with, and I want him to take out the Warriors so badly.

https://clutchpoints.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/lebron-james-4.jpg

Subject: Re: BREAKING: LeBron agrees to $154 Million Deal with the Lakers

Written By: SeaCaptainMan97 on 07/01/18 at 8:26 pm

Haha, so he's leaving the Cavs? That's gotta suck for Cleveland, he was their pride and joy for quite a while now, their other sports teams, especially the Browns, are a laughing stock, they're the saddest city in the nation when it comes to sports. This has got to be a major heartbreaker for them.

Written By: ZeldaFan20 on 07/01/18 at 11:44 pm

Celtics vs. Lakers for the 2019 Finals, book it. LeBron vs. Kyrie Finals is gonna happen, and watch Kawhi Leonard join the Lakers too. Anyways, I know Magic Johnson is happy about this now so that'll take less pressure off him as president of the franchise. I'm not a Lakers fan (I'm a Hawks fan of course), but I am a LeBron fan too as a player, so I always root for any team he goes with, and I want him to take out the Warriors so badly.

https://clutchpoints.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/lebron-james-4.jpg

My Mind is BLOWN :o!!!

Yeah this seems like a modern Celtics v. Lakers Rivalry, and its gonna be amazing! I could already see it now:

NBA Finals 2019:

http://cache.boston.com/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2011/01/25/2__1295988871_3099.jpg

the Los Angeles Lakers v. the Boston Celtics

4sfAetZIywwp_y_PGadK0s

Written By: mwalker1996 on 07/02/18 at 12:56 pm

Ironic because I remember when people use to compare him to Kobe from 2009-2011 when Kobe was playing with the Lakers.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/02/18 at 1:19 pm

LeBron is not even going to make it to the Finals again lol.

The Warriors & Rockets will whoop the Lakers even with LeBron.

Anyways, it's going to be weird to see LeBron being apart of the Western Conference.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/02/18 at 1:35 pm

LeBron is not even going to make it to the Finals again lol.

The Warriors & Rockets will whoop the Lakers even with LeBron.

Anyways, it's going to be weird to see LeBron being apart of the Western Conference.

I believe LeBron will win at least one championship with the Lakers, making LeBron having at least one championship everywhere he went (Miami, Cleveland, LA Lakers). The Lakers have to get Kawhi Leonard now. Kawhi wants to be in LA and Magic Johnson wants him, but the problem is that Kawhi has one year left on his deal with the Spurs and if the Lakers negotiate his deal now the Lakers are going to have to pay Kawhi a lot and trade off some important pieces from the team. It be better if the Lakers wait until next year to get Kawhi when his contract is up instead of rushing him now. LeBron is aging too which doesn't help at all.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/02/18 at 2:16 pm

I believe LeBron will win at least one championship with the Lakers, making LeBron having at least one championship everywhere he went (Miami, Cleveland, LA Lakers). The Lakers have to get Kawhi Leonard now. Kawhi wants to be in LA and Magic Johnson wants him, but the problem is that Kawhi has one year left on his deal with the Spurs and if the Lakers negotiate his deal now the Lakers are going to have to pay Kawhi a lot and trade off some important pieces from the team. It be better if the Lakers wait until next year to get Kawhi when his contract is up instead of rushing him now. LeBron is aging too which doesn't help at all.

Nah, unless some major injury happens, the Lakers aren't going to beat the Warriors or Rockets.

Written By: mxcrashxm on 07/02/18 at 2:38 pm

I Hope the Lakers return to the finals next year now with Lebron on the team. It seems like he's the superstar to get them back on their feet.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/02/18 at 3:20 pm

Nah, unless some major injury happens, the Lakers aren't going to beat the Warriors or Rockets.

I don't think they'll beat the Warriors without Kawhi Leonard joining, but if they are able to afford Kawhi Leonard AND everybody else currently on the Lakers roster, then they can definitely give the Warriors a run for their money. I don't trust the Rockets when James Harden is carrying the team in clutch moments and Chris Paul just can't stay healthy, they'll get a hangover next season. LeBron carried that awful Cavaliers team to the Finals without any help whatsoever and even LeBron's only all star Kevin Love didn't do much because he was banged up throughout the playoffs. Even without Kawhi, I believe the Lakers are a way better team than the Cav's with only one other All Star outside of LeBron. The Cavs are a lottery team without LeBron.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/02/18 at 9:53 pm

I don't think they'll beat the Warriors without Kawhi Leonard joining, but if they are able to afford Kawhi Leonard AND everybody else currently on the Lakers roster, then they can definitely give the Warriors a run for their money. I don't trust the Rockets when James Harden is carrying the team in clutch moments and Chris Paul just can't stay healthy, they'll get a hangover next season. LeBron carried that awful Cavaliers team to the Finals without any help whatsoever and even LeBron's only all star Kevin Love didn't do much because he was banged up throughout the playoffs. Even without Kawhi, I believe the Lakers are a way better team than the Cav's with only one other All Star outside of LeBron. The Cavs are a lottery team without LeBron.

DeMarcus Cousins just signed a 1 year deal with the Warriors.

What did I tell you?

LeBron ain't going nowhere but at least he can enjoy being in Hollywood instead of Cleveland ;D.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/02/18 at 10:15 pm

What did I tell you?

LeBron ain't going nowhere but at least he can enjoy being in Hollywood instead of Cleveland ;D.

F the Warriors and their bandwagons, that's all I have to say. The NBA is rigged AF. Why couldn't he just stay in New Orleans and help them? Is every all star going to join the Warriors now and give up on their growing teams? Kevin Durant broke the NBA like I mentioned last thread. I'm still not betting against LeBron though (GOAT player and GM too), whatever roster he's on I believe ANYTHING is possible. He was just in Cleveland which is a sports town who doesn't get much fortunate like an LA.

Written By: TheReignMan99 on 07/02/18 at 10:43 pm

F the Warriors and their bandwagons, that's all I have to say. The NBA is rigged AF. Why couldn't he just stay in New Orleans and help them? Is every all star going to join the Warriors now and give up on their growing teams? Kevin Durant broke the NBA like I mentioned last thread. I'm still not betting against LeBron though (GOAT player and GM too), whatever roster he's on I believe ANYTHING is possible. He was just in Cleveland which is a sports town who doesn't get much fortunate like an LA.

TBH, I don't even feel like watching the NBA next season.

Written By: Star Struck on 07/05/18 at 6:04 pm

What did I tell you?

LeBron ain't going nowhere but at least he can enjoy being in Hollywood instead of Cleveland ;D

Cousins probably won't start til January though. Doesn't he have an ruptured achilles?

Written By: Star Struck on 07/05/18 at 6:09 pm

NBA needs to pull a lockout season like the NHL did. The system is seriously broken. I mean, shouldn't there be a rule to how many all star players you can have on a team?

Written By: Star Struck on 07/05/18 at 6:10 pm

TBH, I don't even feel like watching the NBA next season.

Yeah, the NBA is just boring and predictable.

Written By: mqg96 on 07/05/18 at 8:40 pm

NBA needs to pull a lockout season like the NHL did. The system is seriously broken. I mean, shouldn't there be a rule to how many all star players you can have on a team?

They need to fix the salary cap system and the draft system. Look at how balanced the NFL and the MLB are every year. Why can't the NBA just draft in order from worst team to best team every year like the NFL does? It's the stupid ass lottery system that only favors the Lakers or Celtics because that's what the NBA wants, or it's wherever that once in a generation player goes and the "super team" of each era. If you're a low market franchise with hardly any history like the Orlando Magic, Atlanta Hawks, or Phoenix Suns you know don't have a chance at all.

Check for new replies or respond here...