inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2018 NCAA College Football

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 08/23/18 at 6:32 pm

Who's ready for some college football?

Here in Nebraska, we've been eagerly anticipating this season since native son and former NU quarterback Scott Frost has returned to Lincoln to coach the Cornhuskers.  8)

Subject: Re: 2018 NCAA College Football

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/04/18 at 1:35 pm

So this last week I had the incredible good luck of getting free tickets to the Husker game in Lincoln from my girlfriend who got them from a co-worker who wasn't a Nebraska fan. Unfortunately my GF had a nasty cold this weekend so she couldn't go and I ended up going with a friend from work instead.

This may have been the most anticipated Husker game in recent memory, as it marked (well, was supposed to, anyway) the debut of new head coach Scott Frost, who himself as starting quarterback helped guide NU to its last national championship in 1997 under legendary coach Tom Osborne.

All the pregame pagentry was great, keeping with tradition while at the same time being updated for a younger generation, but after the kickoff they immediately suspended the game due to lightning in the area and cleared both teams from the field (NU's opponent was the Akron Zips, a school in the MAC conference). After about 4 hours of continuous thunderstorms, which got so severe that the officials ordered everyone to clear the stands and take shelter inside, the game was at first suspended until Sunday morning and then ultimately cancelled altogether.

It was a huge disappointment but we are eagerly anticipating this coming Saturday's matchup in Lincoln against the Colorado Buffaloes, who were one of Nebraska's most hated rivals when both teams were still in the Big 8 and later Big 12 conference.

Written By: AL-B Mk. III on 09/04/18 at 1:54 pm

Week 2 AP Top 25 poll:

1.) Alabama (48 first-place votes)  SEC          1-0
2.) Clemson (12)                            ACC          1-0
3.) Georgia                                      SEC          1-0
4.) Ohio State                                Big Ten    1-0
5.) Wisconsin (1)                            Big Ten    1-0
6.) Oklahoma                                  Big 12      1-0
7.) Auburn                                      SEC          1-0     
8.) Notre Dame                          Independent 1-0
9.) Washington                              Pac-12      0-1
10.) Stanford                                  Pac-12      1-0
11.) LSU                                          SEC          1-0
12.) Virginia Tech                            ACC        1-0
13.) Penn State                              Big Ten    1-0
14.) West Virginia                          Big 12      1-0
15.) Michigan State                        Big Ten    1-0
16.) TCU                                          Big 12      1-0
17.) USC                                          Pac-12      1-0
18.) Mississippi State                      SEC          1-0
19.) UCF                                    The American  1-0
20.) Boise State                      Mountain West  1-0
21.) Michigan                                  Big Ten      0-1
22.) Miami(FL)                                  ACC          0-1   
23.) Oregon                                    Pac-12      1-0
24.) South Carolina                          SEC          1-0
25.) Florida                                      SEC          1-0

Others receiving votes: Utah, Oklahoma State, Boston College, Texas A&M, Northwestern, Maryland, Ole Miss, NC State, Florida State, Memphis, Houston, Washington State, Iowa State, Kansas State, Iowa, Hawaii, BYU, Fresno State, Arkansas State.

Written By: mqg96 on 09/26/18 at 9:57 am

I meant to come on this thread weeks ago but I've been busy lately in my personal life. Georgia beat Mizzou 43-29, but we weren't as good as the score makes you think. We led 20-7 at halftime with NO offensive TD's (a forced fumble return and a blocked punt), and in the 2nd half our offense got it going but our defense started giving up a bunch of rushing yards and rushing TD's. We have a lot of mistakes we have to clean up on ASAP. If we play like that against LSU in Death Valley or Alabama in the SEC Championship game we will get destroyed. We have a much younger team this year after the losses of all the seniors and juniors from last years team who made it to the national championship game.

Written By: mqg96 on 09/26/18 at 9:57 am

and I hope Penn State beats the living hell out of Ohio State this Saturday.

Check for new replies or respond here...