inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Patriots vs The Rams At Superbowl 2019

Written By: John Titor on 01/20/19 at 9:16 pm

is it 2002 ?  The Patriots will be facing the RAMS at 2019's superbowl
For the first time since 2002's Iconic match up

https://www.washingtonpost.com/resizer/mcdGfaccZz8UNORoyG3bONdb4KE=/480x0/arc-anglerfish-washpost-prod-washpost.s3.amazonaws.com/public/ENU3HJQ3PQI6TOHGKZYZBQX5BA.jpg

Subject: Re: Patriots vs The Rams At Superbowl 2019

Written By: karen on 01/21/19 at 11:31 am

Go Pats

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/21/19 at 11:06 pm

Go Rams

Written By: nally on 01/22/19 at 12:42 am

Go Rams

I will have to agree, now that they're back in L.A. (just my personal preference)

Written By: Indy Gent on 01/22/19 at 9:23 pm

I will have to agree, now that they're back in L.A. (just my personal preference)

I just picked thrm because I dispise the Patriots. (Sorry, karen)

Written By: Dude111 on 01/23/19 at 9:59 am

I sense the rams will win!!

Written By: nally on 01/23/19 at 1:29 pm

Fair enough.

Likewise, I despise the San Francisco Giants in MLB but I know some people who are fans of the team. (And sometimes I actually root for them under certain circumstances, like if they are playing a team that might be ahead of the Dodgers in a playoff race.)

Written By: mqg96 on 01/29/19 at 4:47 pm

Congratulations to Eric and nally! First time your team is in the Super Bowl in 17 years. I know for a long period of time the Rams weren't in Los Angeles and I understand the Rams aren't in St. Louis anymore, but they are still the Rams at the end of the day regardless of where they are. Enjoy this moment, and hopefully your team doesn't make the same mistake against the Patriots like my Falcons did a couple years ago. Keep your foot on the gas like the Eagles did last season.

What's amazing is that the last time the Rams were in the Super Bowl, they played Brady & Belichick (the beginning of their era in 2001-02) and the last time the Rams WON the Super Bowl, they were in Atlanta like they are right now! That's pretty cool. I wish the Falcons became the first in NFL history to play in the Super Bowl on their home turf, but it still didn't happen. We were 7-9 and missed the playoffs this year, terribly disappointing season with injuries and unacceptable loses.

Also, F**K the New Orleans Saints, I can't stand those AINT fans and I'm so satisfied that those cockroaches are NOT in Atlanta invading our city for the Super Bowl. Cry all you want about losing to the Rams over a bad call when you still had a chance to stop the Rams on the ensuing possession and you got the ball first in overtime before Brees threw that interception. Filing lawsuits and trying to get the commissioner to have a meeting in the White House over a loss during a government shutdown? AINT fans have about lost their mind.

Anyways, I can never root for the Patriots, so of course I'm going for the Rams with head coach Sean McVay (from Marietta, GA right above Atlanta!) and Todd Gurley & Ramik Wilson from UGA! Sony Michel & David Andrews are also UGA boys in the Super Bowl but on the Patriots lol.

Written By: karen on 02/03/19 at 1:43 pm

I know how people like to hate the best team!

Written By: nally on 02/04/19 at 1:02 am

Congratulations to the Patriots; they won it, 13-3... which I'd say is quite a low score for a football game, especially the Super Bowl.

Just for the record, I did not watch ANY of it, but I heard about it/saw news reports.

Written By: karen on 02/04/19 at 11:24 am

Go Pats!

I didn't watch the game as kick-off was 11.30 pm GMT and I had work today

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/04/19 at 11:32 am

Go Pats!

I didn't watch the game as kick-off was 11.30 pm GMT and I had work today
Was it live on television over here last night?

Written By: Indy Gent on 02/04/19 at 5:52 pm

Congratulations to the Patriots; they won it, 13-3... which I'd say is quite a low score for a football game, especially the Super Bowl.

Just for the record, I did not watch ANY of it, but I heard about it/saw news reports.

Unfortunately,  I watched from start to finish. The commercials were more exciting.

I would've love saying congrats to the Pats, but I don't have the drive to say it. All I can say is good luck next time to the other tesms.

Written By: nally on 02/04/19 at 6:19 pm

Unfortunately,  I watched from start to finish. The commercials were more exciting.

Yes, there are often lots of "interesting" (for lack of a better word) commercials that get played during the game, I've heard.

I would've love saying congrats to the Pats, but I don't have the drive to say it. All I can say is good luck next time to the other tesms.

Yes, good luck indeed. Similarly, I don't ever have the drive to say good luck to the Yankees if they win the World Series (which last happened ten years ago).

Written By: AmericanGirl on 02/04/19 at 9:40 pm

Yes, there are often lots of "interesting" (for lack of a better word) commercials that get played during the game, I've heard...

My favorite  :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJjiIuH1VnY

Written By: Dude111 on 02/04/19 at 10:09 pm

Im glad I didnt make a bet!!!

Ah man!!

Written By: karen on 02/05/19 at 11:11 am

Was it live on television over here last night?

It was on BBC 1

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/19 at 11:16 am

It was on BBC 1

It must be available on iPlayer?

Written By: karen on 02/05/19 at 11:18 am

It must be available on iPlayer?

Not necessarily. It depends on the right.  Films, for example, aren't available on iPlayer

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/19 at 11:18 am

Not necessarily. It depends on the right.  Films, for example, aren't available on iPlayer
You find that films are, I have what many that way.

It is there! https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0002fgq/nfl-this-week-201819-21-super-bowl-liii

Written By: karen on 02/05/19 at 11:22 am

You find that films are, I have what many that way.

It is there! https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m0002fgq/nfl-this-week-201819-21-super-bowl-liii

Maybe some films are, but not ones I've wanted to watch.

The full match isn't available, just two different highlights programmes.  One of these seems to be six minutes long - so I guess the game wasn't that special!

Written By: Philip Eno on 02/05/19 at 11:26 am

Maybe some films are, but not ones I've wanted to watch.

The full match isn't available, just two different highlights programmes.  One of these seems to be six minutes long - so I guess the game wasn't that special!

The highlights will sum it all up?

Written By: mqg96 on 02/06/19 at 12:32 pm

The Super Bowl activities in Atlanta were epic y'all. I might have to make a long spread thread about it and share it with everybody. Whether you are a die hard NFL fan or not, it's a great experience for everyone. I had never seen Atlanta that crowded my whole life. Centennial Olympic Park, Georgia Aquarium, CNN Center, West End, everything man.

Written By: mqg96 on 02/06/19 at 12:34 pm

My favorite  :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJjiIuH1VnY

Oh yeah, that commercial was legendary! Super Bowl commercials have gone downhill the last 5 years, but this special one made it all. I also liked the Bud Light Game of Thrones commercial too.

Check for new replies or respond here...