inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2021 Major League Baseball season

Written By: nally on 03/31/21 at 6:35 pm

This year, the season is scheduled to start on April 1st...tomorrow! And it's on track to start on time...with a few Covid restrictions in place. Certain stadiums will welcome fans, but with very limited capacity.

Any predictions?

Will the season play out normally?

Will the Dodgers eventually repeat as champions? (No team has won it all in back-to-back years since the Yankees from 1998 through 2000, and no National League team has done so since the Big Red Machine in 1975-1976.)

Subject: Re: 2021 Major League Baseball season

Written By: AmericanGirl on 03/31/21 at 9:02 pm

This year, the season is scheduled to start on April 1st...tomorrow! And it's on track to start on time...with a few Covid restrictions in place. Certain stadiums will welcome fans, but with very limited capacity.

Any predictions?

Will the season play out normally?

Will the Dodgers eventually repeat as champions? (No team has won it all in back-to-back years since the Yankees from 1998 through 2000, and no National League team has done so since the Big Red Machine in 1975-1976.)

Welcome back, MLB!    :)

Written By: nally on 03/31/21 at 11:16 pm

Welcome back, MLB!    :)

I can hardly wait!

Of course, when tomorrow's Dodgers @ Rockies game starts, I will be working (at my office), so I might catch some of it when I get home. (Or I could even listen to part of it on the radio in the car on the way home.)

Written By: Philip Eno on 04/01/21 at 2:55 am

In the past few seasons, there were matches arranged to be played here in the UK, I reckon now it is out of the question?

Written By: nally on 04/01/21 at 6:58 pm

In the past few seasons, there were matches arranged to be played here in the UK, I reckon now it is out of the question?

Perhaps so, due to covid travel restrictions and such.

In fact, the Toronto Blue Jays won't be playing any home games at their actual stadium until further notice, due to Canadian travel restrictions and such. In fact, last year they played all their "home" games at a baseball stadium in Buffalo, NY.

Written By: nally on 04/01/21 at 7:08 pm

...and I just found out that my team lost, 8 to 5. :-\\

Written By: nally on 04/02/21 at 1:00 pm

Apparently, in yesterday's Dodgers-Rockies game, Cody Bellinger thought he hit a home run to put LAD on the board, but Rockies' outfielder Raimel Tapia caught the ball as it was going over the fence, only to lose it...but existing baserunner Justin Turner assumed the catch was being hung onto, so he retreated to the base he was at...while Cody started circling the bases! But Cody realized he was passing his teammate on the basepads, so Turner was called out and Bellinger was held to a single... because Tapia failed to hang on to the catch, plus the baserunners passed each other on the bases, which is a no-no.

Written By: nally on 04/03/21 at 12:33 pm

Trevor Bauer was impressive in his regular-season debut as a member of the Dodgers. He took a no-hitter through six innings. Then in the 7th, Rockies bats woke up, scoring a half-dozen runs. Then in came David Price, who also made his regular-season Dodger debut yesterday (he's pitching out of the 'pen for now). Still, LAD picked up its first W, scoring 11 runs (without a home run).

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/03/21 at 1:10 pm

Yermin Mercedes, rookie with my Chicago White Sox  :-*  had five hits yesterday - and it was his first MLB start ever!  One for the record books!

The video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mZAuqnjDUo

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/04/21 at 4:34 pm

Yermin Mercedes, rookie with my Chicago White Sox  :-*  had five hits yesterday - and it was his first MLB start ever!  One for the record books!

He actually went 8 for 8!  :D  Way to go, Yermin Mercedes!

Written By: nally on 04/04/21 at 7:02 pm

He actually went 8 for 8!  :D  Way to go, Yermin Mercedes!

I saw that on MLB Network's "Quick Pitch" last night. In the Modern Era, that's the longest streak to begin a season; I.O.W., he's the first player in the Modern Era (1900-present) to begin a season with 8 hits in 8 at-bats.

Written By: nally on 04/04/21 at 7:05 pm

Oh, and the Dodgers nailed down another win today. They took 3 of 4 in Colorado.

Now they travel to Oakland to face the Athletics for three games. They haven't done well at the Coliseum (which has undergone many a name-change in the last 30+ years), especially during the Interleague Era (1997-present). However, they did eke out a win there in August 2018.

Dodgers will have their home opener next Friday, the 9th, against the Washington Nationals...who have postponed all of their opening-series games due to Covid testing. I hope that team can finally get down to playing soon. Especially when they come to Dodger Stadium next weekend.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/04/21 at 7:26 pm

Oh, and the Dodgers nailed down another win today. They took 3 of 4 in Colorado.

O0 Dodgers off to a good start...

Written By: nally on 04/04/21 at 7:32 pm

O0 Dodgers off to a good start...

Yep. They recovered nicely from that opening day loss.

Also in today's game, Julio Urias was the starting pitcher for L.A.; he picked up right from where he left off from last year. (As you may recall, he pitched in relief in the final game of last year's World Series, recording the final 7 outs.) Today he pitched very well, not allowing a run to the Rockies until the 8th inning.
The Dodgers also finally hit a home run ball that left the yard.

Written By: nally on 04/05/21 at 9:41 am

One of Shohei Otahni's (Angels) home runs this weekend:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bg9SEY8-oQ

Written By: nally on 04/06/21 at 6:21 pm

Dodgers piled on plenty of runs in Oakland against the A's last night, due in part to poor starting pitching. But they got the offense going, and that's good because they ended up winning, 10 to 3.

If they can win tonight, then it'll be the first time that the Dodgers win consecutive games in Oakland since winning the 1988 World Series! I hope that comes to fruition!

Written By: nally on 04/06/21 at 11:43 pm

Dodgers piled on plenty of runs in Oakland against the A's last night, due in part to poor starting pitching. But they got the offense going, and that's good because they ended up winning, 10 to 3.

If they can win tonight, then it'll be the first time that the Dodgers win consecutive games in Oakland since winning the 1988 World Series! I hope that comes to fruition!

They did it! They won 5-1. Tomorrow afternoon they will go for a sweep... in which case the A's would remain winless.

Written By: nally on 04/08/21 at 1:04 am

Dodgers failed to complete the sweep in Oakland... due in part to not being able to tack on insurance runs in the 9th (they led by only ONE RUN), and Kenly effing it up in the bottom of the 9th. He allowed the tying run to score (denying Trevor Bauer a win), making extra innings necessary...and then the next reliever let the winning run score in the 10th. Bah! >:(

Written By: nally on 04/09/21 at 6:45 pm

Dodgers win their home opener! 1-nothing over the Nationals, with Justin Turner providing the only run - a solo home run in the 6th. O0

Prior to the game, the team personnel was presented with World Series rings (however, there are some players who were with the team last year who aren't on it this year, and vice-a-versa). And for the first time in a year-and-a-half, fans were in attendance at Dodger Stadium! (Coincidentally, it was also against the Nationals, in Game Five of the 2019 NLDS, which the Nats won.)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/09/21 at 7:58 pm

Dodgers hot right out of the gate!

They're doing much better than my middling White Sox at 4-4, and Cubs at 4-3.  I notice the Phillies, who we also pull for (hubby's a Philly area native), have had a hot start too - but we don't get many of their games here.

Written By: nally on 04/10/21 at 1:26 am

Congrats to Joe Musgrove of the San Diego Padres for throwing the first no-hitter in franchise history!!

Until this year, the Padres were the only team that had yet to accomplish a no-hitter. They came close on several occasions, but they finally completed it on April 9th 2021, at Globe Life Field, against the Texas Rangers.

Written By: nally on 04/12/21 at 6:20 pm

Dodgers hot right out of the gate!

Very much so! They completed a sweep of the Nationals over the weekend. Today they are idle as they prepare for a series with the Rockies starting tomorrow.

They're doing much better than my middling White Sox at 4-4, and Cubs at 4-3.  I notice the Phillies, who we also pull for (hubby's a Philly area native), have had a hot start too - but we don't get many of their games here.

Yep, those teams are not really on a hot streak just yet. It's still early in the season.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/14/21 at 10:02 pm

Tonight, Carlos Rodon of my Chicago White Sox  :-* threw a no-hitter (almost a perfect game, except for a HBP in the 9th).  The Sox won 8-0.

Written By: nally on 04/14/21 at 10:31 pm

Tonight, Carlos Rodon of my Chicago White Sox  :-* threw a no-hitter (almost a perfect game, except for a HBP in the 9th).  The Sox won 8-0.

Congratz to the White Sox!

Written By: nally on 04/15/21 at 1:40 am

And congrats to Yadier Molina for becoming the first catcher to play 2,000 games with exactly one team (namely the St. Louis Cardinals).

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/15/21 at 9:40 am

And congrats to Yadier Molina for becoming the first catcher to play 2,000 games with exactly one team (namely the St. Louis Cardinals).

Hats off to Yadier Molina!  (Despite my strong dislike for the pesky Cardinals...)

Written By: nally on 04/15/21 at 6:27 pm

Hats off to Yadier Molina!  (Despite my strong dislike for the pesky Cardinals...)

There are teams I tend to root against as well (for a long time one such team was the Yankees, and sometimes I still do tend to) but I salute players who achieve notable milestones and feats, especially if they exemplify the game. (Basically, give credit where it's due.)

Still, he is the only player who has caught 2,000 MLB games all with the same team. There are a handful of catchers who've played more games at that position, but each man did it with multiple teams.

Written By: nally on 04/17/21 at 2:37 pm

After completing a perfect homestand (6 wins, no losses), the Dodgers began a series in San Diego last night and ended up winning another game, this time in 12 innings, by a score of 11 to 6. I honestly thought they were gonna lose it in the 9th (especially after relinquishing the lead they had), but after I watched Quick Pitch on MLB Network this morning, I found out they took it to extras and won! (I went to bed early, so I didn't get to see the outcome of the game in real time.)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 04/17/21 at 9:17 pm

After completing a perfect homestand (6 wins, no losses), the Dodgers began a series in San Diego last night and ended up winning another game, this time in 12 innings, by a score of 11 to 6. I honestly thought they were gonna lose it in the 9th (especially after relinquishing the lead they had), but after I watched Quick Pitch on MLB Network this morning, I found out they took it to extras and won! (I went to bed early, so I didn't get to see the outcome of the game in real time.)

Extra innings - and they won 11-6  ???  Wow, what a top of the 12th they must've had!  :o

Written By: nally on 04/18/21 at 11:49 am

Extra innings - and they won 11-6  ???  Wow, what a top of the 12th they must've had!  :o

Yep, they scored five in the top of the 12th and kept the Pods from scoring any further runs.

In yesterday's game, they continued to keep the Pods off the board. However, during the first 4+ innings, it was a pitchers' duel between Clayton Kershaw and his former teammate Yu Darvish. Darvish actually was perfect through the first 4 2/3 innings (he retired the first 14 LAD batters he faced), but then he hit a batter, eventually loaded the bases, and walked Kershaw with the bases loaded to force in a run. Mookie Betts eventually hit a solo homer to extended the lead to 2-zip. It stayed that way through the rest of the game. The game ended with Betts making a spectacular diving catch to preserve the shutout. (Had the ball touched the ground, the runners on 2nd and 3rd would have scored, thereby tying the game and denying Kersh a win.) Betts was clearly the player of the game, both defensively and offensively.

Written By: nally on 04/19/21 at 9:42 pm

LAD had a chance to sweep the Pods in SD yesterday, but could not get it done. The Friars' offense came alive in late innings. :-\\

Tonight they begin a two-game series in Seattle.

Written By: nally on 04/20/21 at 11:43 pm

After the Dodgers extended their losing streak to two games by dropping the first one in Seattle yesterday, they turned things around this afternoon by winning 1-zip. Julio Urias went 7 strong innings, allowing only one hit, striking out 11, and not walking anybody. The 8th and 9th inning pitchers didn't allow any hits at all, making the game a combined one-hitter.

Written By: nally on 04/24/21 at 11:37 am

The Oakland A's seem to be the "hot" team right now. After losing their first half-dozen games of the season, they won and lost some...but now they have a 12-game winning streak?!

Written By: nally on 04/25/21 at 11:20 am

The Oakland A's seem to be the "hot" team right now. After losing their first half-dozen games of the season, they won and lost some...but now they have a 12-game winning streak?!

Make that 13!

Written By: nally on 04/25/21 at 10:30 pm

...but today the Athletics' win streak came to an end, courtesy of the Baltimorioles.

Elsewhere, the Arizona Demonbacks shut out the Atlanta Braves in a doubleheader! This included an unofficial no-hitter in the second game. It's considered unofficial because the game was only seven innings long, due to the rule in place for this season saying that all doubleheader games must be 7 innings.

Written By: nally on 04/28/21 at 8:11 pm

Dodgers ended a three-game skid this afternoon! Not only that, they avert a sweep at the hands of the Cincinnati Reds. LAD handed Cincy a goose-egg, 8 to nothing, with the Boys In Blue scoring the bulk of their runs in the 8th inning.

Written By: nally on 05/01/21 at 11:09 pm

I just don't know what is wrong with my L.A. DUDgers team lately. >:( :-[

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/01/21 at 11:38 pm

I just don't know what is wrong with my L.A. DUDgers team lately. >:( :-[

Believe me, I feel that - especially as I look at my Cubbies lately.  :(

(On the other hand, my young White Sox look pretty interesting these days...)

Written By: nally on 05/01/21 at 11:41 pm

Believe me, I feel that - especially as I look at my Cubbies lately.  :(

(On the other hand, my young White Sox look pretty interesting these days...)

Yeah. My team gets a lead, but the bullpen efs it up in late innings. The bullpen's job IS NOT TO RELINQUISH THE LEAD.

If they somehow get to the postseason this year, I have a feeling it's gonna be short lived. (I don't want this prediction to come true. I hope they can find a way to prove me wrong.)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/01/21 at 11:45 pm

...The bullpen's job IS NOT TO RELINQUISH THE LEAD....

You said it!    ;D

Written By: nally on 05/01/21 at 11:52 pm

You said it!    ;D

Thank you. But I'm serious about that.

I mean, it's bad enough that my team has been injury-plagued as of late (pitchers AND position players), but in the past they've found ways to step up in such situations.

I sure hope they're not headed down the same route that they went 16 years ago. Let me elaborate: Back in 2005, they got off to a hot start (12 and 2, I think?), but they took a nosedive the rest of the season and ended up with a record of 71 and 91. (That was the first time they lost 90+ games since 1992.) I don't wanna see that happen (or worse) this year. Of course, the team personnel and the coaching staff was completely different back then.

Written By: nally on 05/02/21 at 8:26 pm

Dodgers went on a wild scoring spree in Milwaukee today!! :D :) They buried the Brewers in a 16-4 landslide, to avert a four game skid and sweep.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/03/21 at 10:43 am

Dodgers went on a wild scoring spree in Milwaukee today!! :D :) They buried the Brewers in a 16-4 landslide, to avert a four game skid and sweep.

O0 At least Dodgers fans can be happy!  Plus, always good to see the hated Brewers go down...

Cubs, White Sox, Phillies all lost on Sunday  :(

Written By: nally on 05/03/21 at 7:50 pm

O0 At least Dodgers fans can be happy!  Plus, always good to see the hated Brewers go down...

You don't like 'em, since they are a NL Central rival of the Cubbies?

And your Cubbies were supposed to open a series with my team this evening, but the game's been postponed due to inclement weather... :( :-\\

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/03/21 at 10:32 pm

You don't like 'em, since they are a NL Central rival of the Cubbies?

Growing up, the Brewers were more disliked by White Sox fans, being in their division.  Then when they were realigned into the NL, stuck in the Cubs' division with 4 other teams (so that division had more teams than the others) after that the enmity started, for a couple reasons: (1) whenever the Brewers hosted the Cubs, due to the short-ish 1.5 hour drive, their stadium would overflow with loud Cubs fans, not too welcome to Milwaukee Brewers fans or the team; (2) there have been a number of unpleasant incidents between the teams' players over the last decade or so.  Thus the Brewers have moved up into that "hatred" sphere as the much despised Cardinals.  (The Reds and Pirates haven't drawn nearly so much ire, at least not recently.)

Of course the Astros were later moved to the AL west, so the divisions evened out again...

Written By: nally on 05/03/21 at 11:45 pm

Growing up, the Brewers were more disliked by White Sox fans, being in their division.

That is true, altho when the Brewers were in the AL, they were originally in the AL West. Then they switched to the AL East when the Washington Senators Mk II became the Texas Rangers. The White Sox remained in the AL West. But then in 1994, when the Central Division was introduced in both the AL and NL (I sometimes like to refer to this as the start of the "Tri-Divisional Era"), the Sox and Brewers were placed in the AL Central, and they were divisional rivals through 1997.

Then when they were realigned into the NL, stuck in the Cubs' division with 4 other teams (so that division had more teams than the others) after that the enmity started, for a couple reasons: (1) whenever the Brewers hosted the Cubs, due to the short-ish 1.5 hour drive, their stadium would overflow with loud Cubs fans, not too welcome to Milwaukee Brewers fans or the team; (2) there have been a number of unpleasant incidents between the teams' players over the last decade or so.  Thus the Brewers have moved up into that "hatred" sphere as the much despised Cardinals.  (The Reds and Pirates haven't drawn nearly so much ire, at least not recently.)

I can totally understand that. They were in close proximity, geographically speaking. O0

Of course the Astros were later moved to the AL west, so the divisions evened out again...

Yep, that was in 2013, which made all six divisions equal, at five teams apiece.

Not to go too far off topic...but, I'd like to expand on the last part. Having the Stros in the NL Central seemed awkward, since the Texas Rangers, who play in the same state, were in the AL West. So that made scheduling interleague games awkward in a sense. Rivaling the Rangers and Stros made sense (that rivalry began in 2001), but that created anomalies with the intended scheduling for one division playing another while preserving "natural" rivalries such as Dodgers vs Angels, Mets vs Yankees, etc. (For example, in years where teams played in corresponding divisions, the Rangers couldn't play all 5 NL West teams. Case in point, 2006: the Rangers played all NL West teams except the Dodgers, who ended up playing the Twins, an AL Central team, in one round.) Now, with all six divisions balanced, all teams have an equal number of interleague games per year; and in years where teams don't play in corresponding divisions, they maintain a full rivalry with a "natural" rival in their corresponding division (for example, Giants vs Athletics), although some teams don't have natural rivals (such as the Arizona Dbacks and Colorado Rockies; they have generally taken turns rivaling the Rangers and Astros).

Written By: nally on 05/03/21 at 11:48 pm

O0 At least Dodgers fans can be happy!

And your Cubbies were supposed to open a series with my team this evening, but the game's been postponed due to inclement weather... :( :-\\

Speaking of the Dodgers and their fans...one thing they won't be happy about is the fact that pitcher Dustin May injured himself in Saturday's game and is gonna have to undergo Tommy John Surgery. :( This means he'll be shut down for the rest of this year, and possibly a good part of the 2022 season. The team thought they had a potential fifth starter in him -- and he wasn't too bad overall -- but now they're gonna have to fill his void with someone else.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/04/21 at 11:14 am

...pitcher Dustin May injured himself in Saturday's game and is gonna have to undergo Tommy John Surgery...

Oh no - so sorry to hear that  :(

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/04/21 at 11:33 am

Speaking of injuries, Luis Robert of the White Sox is going to be out 4 months due to a nasty hip flexor injury.    :(

The White Sox have already been hit hard by the injury bug this year...

Written By: nally on 05/04/21 at 7:53 pm

Oh no - so sorry to hear that  :(

and the DUDgers have fallen out of first place, thanks in part to all those L's last week. >:(

Written By: nally on 05/05/21 at 11:19 pm

Why can't the &$&@% Dodgers hold on to a lead in late innings?! >:(

Written By: nally on 05/06/21 at 12:09 am

Congratulations to Baltimorioles pitcher John Means for throwing a no-hitter against the Seattle Mariners.

#JohnMeansBusiness!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/06/21 at 10:44 am

Congratulations to Baltimorioles pitcher John Means for throwing a no-hitter against the Seattle Mariners.

O0 Very cool!

Written By: nally on 05/06/21 at 11:24 pm

Albert Pujols has just been DFA by the Angels, in the final year of his contract with said team. :o

The rationale for this is that two particular "newer" players are primarily DH-ing and playing first base now--- Shohei Othani and Jared Walsh, respectively. Othani figures to be the regular DH when he's not pitching, and Walsh figures to be the everyday first baseman, leaving nowhere for the veteran Pujols, who clearly isn't a bench player.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/07/21 at 4:04 pm

Albert Pujols has just been DFA by the Angels, in the final year of his contract with said team. :o

WOW  :o  End of an era

Incidentally, in 2010 hubby and me embarked on an eastern driving trip (fun!) and we included Cooperstown on our itinerary, a terrific little town to visit.  In the HOF, Pujols already had a really big, really nice display.  Even though he was actively playing then (whereas most HOF entries pertained to retired players), it seemed completely fitting for him to be recognized that way.

Written By: nally on 05/07/21 at 6:21 pm

^ Well, he'll definitely get into the HOF when he's eligible! (I predict he'll be a first-ballot HOFer.) For now, it is not known whether he'll retire at the end of this year, or hope to get signed by another team in 2022.

Meanwhile, the Pujols-less angels will be welcoming in my beloved L.A. DUDgders for a weekend series. (Yep, it's the start of the 2021 Freeway Series. The Dodger Stadium half will be played in August.)

Written By: nally on 05/07/21 at 11:33 pm

Meanwhile, the Pujols-less angels will be welcoming in my beloved L.A. DUDgders for a weekend series. (Yep, it's the start of the 2021 Freeway Series. The Dodger Stadium half will be played in August.)

And they're doing just fine without him.

WHAT HAS GOTTEN INTO MY TEAM LATELY?! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

HAVE THE DUD-GERS FORGOTTEN HOW TO WIN? WHAT'S THE DEAL?? >:( >:(

/end rant...I hope

Written By: nally on 05/08/21 at 12:23 am

Btw, another no-hitter was thrown in Friday's games... Wade Miley Cyrus of the Cincinnati Reds no-hit the Cleveland Indians.

Coincidentally, two years ago today, on May 7th 2019, the Reds were on the losing end of an interleague no-hitter, courtesy of the Oakland A's' Mike Fiers.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/08/21 at 11:12 am

Btw, another no-hitter was thrown in Friday's games... Wade Miley Cyrus of the Cincinnati Reds no-hit the Cleveland Indians.

O0 Congrats to Wade Miley and John Means for no-hitters this week!

Written By: nally on 05/08/21 at 3:27 pm

O0 Congrats to Wade Miley and John Means for no-hitters this week!

Now if LAD could perform something of that nature. Personally, I'd be happy with them just winning a game. Even if it's by only one run.

Written By: nally on 05/09/21 at 1:35 am

Dodgers finally, but barely, won another game!

They were ahead of the Angels 13-0, after 5 innings, but the bullpen gave up a whole buncha runs (11 to be exact), but LAD barely hung on to keep their original 13-run lead from completely evaporating. The final score was 14-11. I just know that I was shocked when the relievers allowed seven runs to the Angels in the 7th. Especially after Kershaw allowed none through 5 innings. And I didn't understand why Dave Roberts replaced the regular starting lineup guys with second-rate players. But at least we won.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/09/21 at 7:44 pm

Dodgers finally, but barely, won another game!

They were ahead of the Angels 13-0, after 5 innings, but the bullpen gave up a whole buncha runs (11 to be exact), but LAD barely hung on to keep their original 13-run lead from completely evaporating. The final score was 14-11. I just know that I was shocked when the relievers allowed seven runs to the Angels in the 7th. Especially after Kershaw allowed none through 5 innings. And I didn't understand why Dave Roberts replaced the regular starting lineup guys with second-rate players. But at least we won.

O0 All right, good news once again for Dodgers fans!

Written By: nally on 05/09/21 at 11:21 pm

O0 All right, good news once again for Dodgers fans!

But we lost our game today. :(

When is the team gonna win consecutive games again?! They haven't done so since, uhm... mid-April. That's too long!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/11/21 at 10:36 pm

My Chicago White Sox  :-* have been on a nice run recently!  Even in spite of the injury bug...

Written By: nally on 05/11/21 at 11:00 pm

My Chicago White Sox  :-* have been on a nice run recently!  Even in spite of the injury bug...

Good for them!! O0

I wish I could say the same about my LAD team. They've had a injury bug of their own, but they ain't stepping up, or so it seems. :-[ :-[
(I'm sorry, it makes me VERY frustrated when my team plays so far below its normal standards. I wish there was something we fans could do.)

Written By: nally on 05/12/21 at 7:45 pm

Dodgers actually came from behind to win last night, thanks to a 3-run 8th-inning go-ahead home run by Gavin Lux.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/12/21 at 8:32 pm

Dodgers actually came from behind to win last night, thanks to a 3-run 8th-inning go-ahead home run by Gavin Lux.

O0 Well, there you go!

Written By: nally on 05/12/21 at 10:38 pm

O0 Well, there you go!

Right now, they're ahead 2-zip after 4 innings of play. Hopefully they'll preserve this lead! If so, they'll not only win consecutive games for the first time since the middle of last month, but also win 7 straight home games from the Seattle Mariners, dating back to the start of 2015.

Written By: nally on 05/13/21 at 8:34 am

Right now, they're ahead 2-zip after 4 innings of play. Hopefully they'll preserve this lead! If so, they'll not only win consecutive games for the first time since the middle of last month, but also win 7 straight home games from the Seattle Mariners, dating back to the start of 2015.

They went on to win, 7-1! O0

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/13/21 at 7:23 pm

They went on to win, 7-1! O0

O0 That's more like it!

Meanwhile, my Chicago White Sox  :-* completed a sweep today of the dreaded Twinkies!  First place in the division, besting Cleveland by game and a half.

Written By: nally on 05/13/21 at 10:43 pm

O0 That's more like it!

I should say so!! Like I said, that means they've won 7 straight home games against the Seattle Mariners, dating back to 2015. (And that stat will likely stand until at least 2024, when interleague games are scheduled to be in corresponding divisions again.)

Meanwhile, my Chicago White Sox  :-* completed a sweep today of the dreaded Twinkies!  First place in the division, besting Cleveland by game and a half.

Good for them! O0 And on last look, Cleveland was leading the Mariners up in the Pacific Northwest, hoping to extend the M's losing streak.

Written By: nally on 05/15/21 at 11:41 am

Dodgers made it three wins in a row last night, winning the opening game from the Miami Marlins.

Written By: nally on 05/15/21 at 10:56 pm

Pujols to the Dodgers. Who'da thunk it?!? :o

If the deal is finalized and he gets added to the major league roster, he can't have uniform #5 because Corey Seager is already using it.

Written By: nally on 05/17/21 at 7:55 pm

If the deal is finalized and he gets added to the major league roster, he can't have uniform #5 because Corey Seager is already using it.

Seems like it's a done deal.

He's going to wear uniform #55.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/17/21 at 10:47 pm

Seems like it's a done deal.

He's going to wear uniform #55.

Verrrry interrrresting (doing my best Arte Johnson)....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krD4hdGvGHM

Written By: nally on 05/17/21 at 11:46 pm

In his first plate appearance tonight, he flew out to center on the first pitch he saw.

But in his second plate appearance, he knocked in a run. O0

Written By: nally on 05/17/21 at 11:47 pm

Meanwhile, your Whitesox buried the Twinkies in a landslide, 16-4!

Written By: nally on 05/19/21 at 8:49 am

Another no-hitter was thrown yesterday: Spencer Turnbull of the Detroit Tigers no-hit the Seattle Mariners! That makes 5 no-nos this year, and it's the 2nd time this year that the Mariners have gotten no-hit.

Written By: nally on 05/19/21 at 10:55 pm

And today, yet another no-hitter was thrown! This time it was Yankees pitcher Corey Kluber, no-hitting the Texas Rangers!

That makes 6 total no-no's this year. When was the last time there were no-hitters on consecutive days?! (I don't know, but I do know that this is the first time the Yankees have accomplished a no-hitter since July 18th 1999, when David Cone tossed a perfect game against the Montreal Expos; so far that's the only perfect game in interleague history, to date.)

Written By: nally on 05/21/21 at 12:30 am

Pujols hit his first home run as a member of the Dodgers tonight! This gives him 668 in his career. (He's been the active leader since A-Rod retired.) His home run broke a scoreless tie in the 2nd inning; LAD eventually won the game 3-2 to give them a 4-game sweep over the Arizona Demonbacks.

Written By: nally on 05/22/21 at 10:34 am

A couple of landslide scores in MLB yesterday (both won by the home team):

Padres 16, Mariners 1
Braves 20, Pirates 1 :o

Written By: nally on 05/23/21 at 12:07 pm

Dodgers and Giants now tied for 2nd place in NL West at 28-18. Padres are atop the division at 29-17. (If they had lost yesterday, it would have been a 3-way tie at 28-18. D'backs and Rockies are now battling it out in the basement of that division.

If Dodgers win today, they will sweep the series in San Fran and overtake the Giants. If that happens, and the Padres lose, then SD and LAD will be tied for the division lead.

Written By: nally on 05/24/21 at 10:30 pm

In yesterday's (Sunday) game between the Dodgers and Giants, LAD starter Julio Urias was perfect through 5 1/3 innings (he retired the first 16 batters he faced), but the Dodgers ultimately won 11-5, sweeping the Gints at San Fran!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/24/21 at 11:08 pm

In yesterday's (Sunday) game between the Dodgers and Giants, LAD starter Julio Urias was perfect through 5 1/3 innings (he retired the first 16 batters he faced), but the Dodgers ultimately won 11-5, sweeping the Gints at San Fran!

O0 Way to go, Dodgers!

Written By: nally on 05/27/21 at 8:36 pm

O0 Way to go, Dodgers!

And in the last two days, they split the series against the Houston Cheaters in Minute Maid Park. On Tuesday, Clayton Kershaw pitched well and earned a "W" (coincidentally, that was the 13th anniversary of his debut at the major league level), whereas on Wednesday, Trevor Bauer struggled.

For the Dodgers, that concludes their 2021 interleague games on the road. I'm a bit surprised they didn't use Pujols as the DH in either game. But it seems he's still able to play the field just fine.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/27/21 at 11:09 pm

My Chicago White Sox  :-* are back to their winning ways after hitting a wall in NYC against the Yankees.  Took 2 of 3 from the Cardinals (which helps my Cubs BTW) and took the first of the Orioles series.  Unfortunately, as everywhere the injury bug continues to strike.  :-\\

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/28/21 at 4:16 pm

Okay, this is crazy so I have to post it:

Javy Baez crazy play from yesterday 5/27 -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s60hHhEDtbw

:D  ;D  8)

Written By: nally on 05/28/21 at 10:07 pm

Okay, this is crazy so I have to post it:

Javy Baez crazy play from yesterday 5/27 -

:D  ;D  8)

I saw that; MLB showed it on "Quick Pitch" last nite! :D

Written By: nally on 05/28/21 at 11:21 pm

Anyhoo, I have noticed that several games in the Eastern Time Zone were postponed due to inclement weather. Must be rather gloomy back East?

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/29/21 at 1:04 pm

Anyhoo, I have noticed that several games in the Eastern Time Zone were postponed due to inclement weather. Must be rather gloomy back East?

Yesterday we had a persistent rain storm last evening and it was cold, it knocked out the White Sox game...  :-\\

(Cubs played in the day, they got their game in.  Double header today for the Sox.)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/29/21 at 9:07 pm

Yesterday we had a persistent rain storm last evening and it was cold, it knocked out the White Sox game...  :-\\

(Cubs played in the day, they got their game in.  Double header today for the Sox.)

Good day for Chicago baseball.  My Cubs  :-*  won their game against the Reds, and my White Sox  :-*  won both games of their double header against the Orioles!  Both teams in their respective divisions' first place (Cubs in a tie with Cardinals, though)...

Written By: nally on 05/29/21 at 9:44 pm

Well I'm glad the weather cooperated for today's games. O0

Written By: nally on 05/29/21 at 9:47 pm

Good day for Chicago baseball.  My Cubs  :-*  won their game against the Reds, and my White Sox  :-*  won both games of their double header against the Orioles!  Both teams in their respective divisions' first place (Cubs in a tie with Cardinals, though)...

Good for both Chicago teams!! O0

Too bad the DUDgers can't do so well in the NL West right now. They are behind the Padres, who just can't seem to lose.

The Pods played a day game against the Astros in Houston, and were one out away from losing...but came back to tie it in the 9th, and ultimately win it in extras (just like they did last night).

And the DUDgers are getting knocked around in front of their home crowd against the Jints. ::)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/29/21 at 10:18 pm

...Too bad the DUDgers can't do so well in the NL West right now. They are behind the Padres, who just can't seem to lose.

The Pods played a day game against the Astros in Houston, and were one out away from losing...but came back to tie it in the 9th, and ultimately win it in extras (just like they did last night).

And the DUDgers are getting knocked around in front of their home crowd against the Jints. ::)

Sorry to hear that  :-\\  Not to despair, your team has an awfully good record, you just need to find someone who can beat the Padres and keep the Giants at bay...

Incidentally, an aside - we went to Ohio last weekend and made a little side trip to Great American Ballpark in Cincy, as we got tickets to see them vs the Giants.  It was a nice trip on a hot day and the stadium was very nice, in a lovely setting.  The fans were friendly and we were having fun.  And then the game started.  Talk about the home team getting pounded - we watched in horror the awful performance of the Reds against the Giants.  Not that we were on the clock, but we decided to leave in the 5th inning after the score became 14-1.  There were a lot of unhappy campers there!  Another instance of it's too bad the opposing team wasn't able to help your cause...

Written By: nally on 05/29/21 at 10:43 pm

^ Yeah I remember. When the Giants were playing in Cincy earlier this month, they swept the Reds in that four-game series. Not to mention they buried the Reds in a landslide in that one game. Not something that the fans would enjoy, that's for sure.

I hope the Astros can salvage the finale of their series with the Pods tomorrow.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/30/21 at 8:44 pm

I hope the Astros can salvage the finale of their series with the Pods tomorrow.

O0 It appears the Astros did indeed beat the Padres earlier today.

(Sadly, it appears the Giants prevailed in today's contest w/ the Dodgers...)

Chicago team news was mixed today - the White Sox won 3-1 and the Cubs lost 5-1.

Written By: nally on 05/30/21 at 8:47 pm

O0 It appears the Astros did indeed beat the Padres earlier today.

That's good. I saw they were leading by a touchdown early in the game. (That is, 7-zip.) They ended up winning 7-4.

Too bad the DUDgers couldn't do their part.

(Sadly, it appears the Giants prevailed in today's contest w/ the Dodgers...)

Yeah, they were being goose-egged for most of the game, but they finally got on the board in the 8th inning...only to eventually come within one run. >:( :(

Chicago team news was mixed today - the White Sox won 3-1 and the Cubs lost 5-1.

Yeah, the CWS swept the Baltimorioles, huh?

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/31/21 at 9:59 pm

Yeah, the CWS swept the Baltimorioles, huh?

O0 Yes indeed!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 05/31/21 at 10:02 pm

Mixed day for Chicago teams today -

The Cubs beat the Padres 7-2 in the first of their series.

The White Sox split their double header with Cleveland, winning the first 8-6 and losing the second 3-1.

Written By: nally on 05/31/21 at 10:50 pm

Mixed day for Chicago teams today -

The Cubs beat the Padres 7-2 in the first of their series.

The White Sox split their double header with Cleveland, winning the first 8-6 and losing the second 3-1.

I'm glad about the Cubs defeating the Padres, because that gives the Dodgers a chance to gain ground on them.

However, the Giants walloped the Angels in a day game up in San Fran. :(

Written By: nally on 05/31/21 at 10:51 pm

O0 Yes indeed!

And the O's are continuing to lose...

Written By: nally on 06/01/21 at 12:26 am

Anyways, I'm happy that my team went on to beat the Cardinals tonight.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/01/21 at 10:54 pm

Another mixed day for Chicago baseball -

I/m happy to say that the Cubs staved off the Padres and took the second game of their series, 4-3.

Unfortunately my White Sox' comeback attempt in the 9th fell one short, as they lost to Cleveland 6-5.

Written By: nally on 06/01/21 at 11:49 pm

And I think the DUDgers are in danger of laying their first goose-egg since 2019. :-[ :-[ :\'(

I hope they prove me wrong before it's too late.

Edit: They're on the board now! Yay!! O0

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/02/21 at 4:59 pm

My Chicago Cubs  :-*  completed a sweep today defeating the Padres 6 - 1!

(It appears the White Sox game scheduled in Cleveland today is postponed...)

Written By: nally on 06/02/21 at 8:03 pm

My Chicago Cubs  :-*  completed a sweep today defeating the Padres 6 - 1!

(It appears the White Sox game scheduled in Cleveland today is postponed...)

I'm glad they did so. Now if the Dodgers could capitalize on that by defeating STL tonight, that would help.

The Giants don't play today. The Angels beat 'em in San Fran last nite.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/02/21 at 9:42 pm

...Now if the Dodgers could capitalize on that by defeating STL tonight, that would help...

O0 Getting 11 runs in the first inning has to help!

Written By: nally on 06/02/21 at 11:15 pm

O0 Getting 11 runs in the first inning has to help!

I saw! :D

They were leading by a football score on last check...

Written By: nally on 06/02/21 at 11:31 pm

...yep, it's over. Dodgers bury the Cardinals in a 14-3 landslide!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/03/21 at 11:29 pm

My Chicago White Sox  :-*  prevailed in game 1 of their series against the Tigers today, 4-1! 

My Cubbies, unfortunately, aren't up to the task today, trailing the Giants 2-7 in the 7th...

(They could come back today, but not holding my breath  :-\\)

Written By: nally on 06/03/21 at 11:42 pm

My Chicago White Sox  :-*  prevailed in game 1 of their series against the Tigers today, 4-1! 

My Cubbies, unfortunately, aren't up to the task today, trailing the Giants 2-7 in the 7th...

(They could come back today, but not holding my breath  :-\\)

I agree with you about the Cubbies, cuz they're playing the Giants. And if the Giants lose, that'll help my idle LADodgers. But I ain't holdin' my breath either, given the circumstances. :-\\

Written By: nally on 06/04/21 at 8:47 pm

I agree with you about the Cubbies, cuz they're playing the Giants. And if the Giants lose, that'll help my idle LADodgers. But I ain't holdin' my breath either, given the circumstances. :-\\

Giants hung on to win last night.

Hopefully they'll lose tonight.

Dodgers had a big inning against the Braves in Atlanta not too long ago!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/04/21 at 11:13 pm

Giants hung on to win last night.

Hopefully they'll lose tonight.

Dodgers had a big inning against the Braves in Atlanta not too long ago!

Giants currently lead Cubbies 8-5 in the 6th; could be another rough night.

White Sox held on to win a thriller walk-off style against the Tigers today, 9-8.  :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2saiyTSBX0

Written By: nally on 06/04/21 at 11:17 pm

White Sox held on to win a thriller walk-off style against the Tigers today, 9-8. :D

Yeah, I saw that on MLB Network not too long ago!

Also, Dodgers hung on to win in Atlanta. They went up 8-1 in the 5th inning...but the Knaves got four in the 8th to cut L.A.'s lead to 8-5. Dodgers got a run right back in the top of the 9th...but when Kenley walked the first two in the bottom of the 9th, things got shakey. Fortunately he did not allow anyone to score... and we won 9-5. O0

Written By: nally on 06/05/21 at 11:14 am

Giants currently lead Cubbies 8-5 in the 6th; could be another rough night.

Giants went on to win by that score, I think. :(

And the Padres defeated the Mets again.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/05/21 at 11:40 am

Also, Dodgers hung on to win in Atlanta. They went up 8-1 in the 5th inning...but the Knaves got four in the 8th to cut L.A.'s lead to 8-5. Dodgers got a run right back in the top of the 9th...but when Kenley walked the first two in the bottom of the 9th, things got shakey. Fortunately he did not allow anyone to score... and we won 9-5. O0

Well, there you go!  O0

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/05/21 at 12:20 pm

...Chicago baseball...  my Cubs  :-*  ... my White Sox  :-*  ...

Incidentally, I don't know what it's like in L.A. but in Chicago, it's not universal for a fan to love both teams; a lot of Chicago fans love one team and despise the other:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZ19jZ-WAjg

On the other hand, the way I was raised by my Dad, family and friends resulted in me loving both teams...

(As an aside, Buona Beef is delicious!)

Written By: nally on 06/05/21 at 5:22 pm

Incidentally, I don't know what it's like in L.A. but in Chicago, it's not universal for a fan to love both teams; a lot of Chicago fans love one team and despise the other:

On the other hand, the way I was raised by my Dad, family and friends resulted in me loving both teams...

(As an aside, Buona Beef is delicious!)

Well... I'm pretty sure that most people are either Dodger fans or Angel fans, but not both. This is due to the fact that Dodger Stadium is actually in L.A., whereas Angel Stadium is in Anaheim, which is in Orange County, a good distance south of L.A. via the I-5 freeway (hence the term "Freeway Series" for the Dodgers-Angels rivalry). However, since the counties that surround L.A. County are all close together (in one way or another), which is why they are all considered part of the 'greater L.A. area'). Also remember that the Angels were referred to as the California Angels for a good part of their existence.

The only time I ever root against the Angels is when they're playing the Dodgers. This is because I'm a Dodger fan first and foremost. And during the 2002 World Series, which was a battle of California teams, I rooted for the Angels (and I was glad to see them come out on top) partly because they're my semi-local team, but also because the other team was the Giants (and it's traditional for Dodger fans to root against the Giants, since those teams have had a long-running rivalry, ever since their early years of existence, when they were both in New York).

Written By: nally on 06/05/21 at 10:24 pm

Dudgers had opportunities to pull ahead in today's game, but did they follow through? No!

What makes matters worse for them is that the Gints beat the Cubbies again in San Fran. :( :-[ 8-P

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/05/21 at 10:31 pm

...What makes matters worse for them is that the Gints beat the Cubbies again in San Fran. :( :-[ 8-P

Yeah - Cubbies can't seem to handle the Giants  :-\\

Furthermore the White Sox lost earlier today to the Tigers  :(

Written By: nally on 06/05/21 at 10:36 pm

Yeah - Cubbies can't seem to handle the Giants  :-\\

They handled 'em quite well in the 2016 NLDS, which I'm happy about...but that was now more than 4 1/2 yrs ago, plus there's different people on the team now. But you're right, someone needs to stop the Gints dead in their tracks. I don't want them winning the NL West division. (I know, there's plenty of season left, but it's never too early for the complexion to change.)

Furthermore the White Sox lost earlier today to the Tigers  :(

Yup - not a good day for your teams. :-\\ :(

Written By: nally on 06/06/21 at 3:57 pm

Darnit, those dumb Dudgers lost again to the Knaves. >:(

And it looks like the Cubbies are in danger of getting swept in a four-game series at SF. >:( This after they swept the Pods in the Windy City.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/06/21 at 4:00 pm

Congratulations to White Sox manager Tony LaRussa - upon today's win over the Tigers, he became the #2 all-time manager wins count with 2,764 wins!  :D

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/06/21 at 4:02 pm

Darnit, those dumb Dudgers lost again to the Knaves. >:(

And it looks like the Cubbies are in danger of getting swept in a four-game series at SF. >:( This after they swept the Pods in the Windy City.

UGH!!!  Cubbies letting us down  :-[

Written By: nally on 06/06/21 at 4:07 pm

Congratulations to White Sox manager Tony LaRussa - upon today's win over the Tigers, he became the #2 all-time manager wins count with 2,764 wins!  :D

Ah yes; for some reason I keep forgetting that he's now the White Sox' manager. (Not to mention the oldest active manager?) After he managed the Cardinals to the WS title ten years ago, I thought he was retiring...but last offseason he apparently came out of retirement. (He also apparently became the first manager in baseball history to return to managing after being elected to the National Baseball Hall of Fame as a manager.)

Anyways, good for him on the managerial wins achievement!! O0 I think that makes him the active manager with most wins.

Written By: nally on 06/06/21 at 4:08 pm

UGH!!!  Cubbies letting us down  :-[

Yep - both of our respective teams are letting us down.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/06/21 at 4:53 pm

UGH!!!  Cubbies letting us down  :-
Yep - both of our respective teams are letting us down.

Premature maybe, Cubs battling back, ahead 4-3 at the moment (5th inning) - hold the phone....

Written By: nally on 06/06/21 at 4:59 pm

Premature maybe, Cubs battling back, ahead 4-3 at the moment (5th inning) - hold the phone....

O0 That's good. There's still a glimmer of hope for them to avert a sweep.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/06/21 at 6:09 pm

O0 That's good. There's still a glimmer of hope for them to avert a sweep.

And they did - Cubs held on to win 4-3!  :D

Written By: nally on 06/06/21 at 10:37 pm

And they did - Cubs held on to win 4-3!  :D

Good job Cubbies! At least they came through. O0

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/08/21 at 10:52 pm

My Chicago White Sox  :-*  prevailed in their first game against the Blue Jays, 6-1.  It wasn't easy - the Sox struggled at first, down 1-0 most of the game, but tied it up in the 7th on a solo dinger and then had a big 8th where they put up 5 more runs.  Exciting watching!  :D

Written By: nally on 06/08/21 at 11:40 pm

Dodgers prevailed in their opening game in Pittsburgh, too! They were ahead 5-zip at one point, but when the relievers came in, that's when the Pirates got on the board. Fortunately we won 5-3.

What's more, LAD starter Walker Buehler is still unbeaten this year!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/09/21 at 3:23 pm

Dodgers prevailed in their opening game in Pittsburgh, too! They were ahead 5-zip at one point, but when the relievers came in, that's when the Pirates got on the board. Fortunately we won 5-3.

What's more, LAD starter Walker Buehler is still unbeaten this year!

O0  Good for the Dodgers and good for Walker Buehler!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/09/21 at 4:11 pm

Seeking an opinion: can I ask for opinions about "universal designated hitter".  Watching the Cubs game today, the announcers spoke of it as "inevitable".  Like that?  Or don't?  ???

Personally I could accept it but my gut preference is to leave things as is, though I can understand arguments for it.  I like the extra strategy it necessitates.  But that's just me...

Written By: nally on 06/09/21 at 11:05 pm

^ It was in effect all last year, even during postseason, due mainly to covid.

But I don't think it should be a permanent change. There are several pitchers out there who are accomplished hitters.

Written By: nally on 06/09/21 at 11:07 pm

O0  Good for the Dodgers and good for Walker Buehler!

Your Cubbies helped out by beating the Padres yesterday (Tuesday). And I think they did so again today.

The Texas Rangers also helped out today by beating the Giants.

And most of all, the Dodgers capitalized on both the Padres' and Giants' losses by narrowly winning their game in Pittsburgh!

Written By: nally on 06/10/21 at 9:38 pm

Dodgers swept the Pirates! How many consecutive wins is that for the Dodgers over the Pirates now? They've pretty much owned them.

(They didn't play each other last year because the schedule was rewritten for teams to play only those in their own regions.)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/10/21 at 10:04 pm

Dodgers swept the Pirates! How many consecutive wins is that for the Dodgers over the Pirates now? They've pretty much owned them.

(They didn't play each other last year because the schedule was rewritten for teams to play only those in their own regions.)

O0 Keep on beating those Pirates!

My Chicago White Sox  :-*  prevailed in their first game against the Blue Jays, 6-1.  It wasn't easy - the Sox struggled at first, down 1-0 most of the game, but tied it up in the 7th on a solo dinger and then had a big 8th where they put up 5 more runs.  Exciting watching!  :D

Yesterday, the Blue Jays returned the favor against the White Sox  :(.  But today, in the rubber match, the White Sox took the game 5-2.  :D

A real downer from yesterday, besides the loss (bad enough) but a nasty injury to Nick Madrigal, who went on the 60 day IL  :\'(

Written By: nally on 06/11/21 at 11:53 pm

O0 Keep on beating those Pirates!

They will come to Dodger Stadium in mid-August.

Written By: nally on 06/11/21 at 11:54 pm

Yesterday, the Blue Jays returned the favor against the White Sox  :(.  But today, in the rubber match, the White Sox took the game 5-2.  :D

Good for them. O0

A real downer from yesterday, besides the loss (bad enough) but a nasty injury to Nick Madrigal, who went on the 60 day IL  :\'(

Oh yes, I had heard about that on MLB Network last night. Tough break. :(

Written By: nally on 06/12/21 at 10:41 pm

And today (Saturday), the Whitesox buried the Tigers in a landslide, 15-2. ;)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/12/21 at 10:53 pm

And today (Saturday), the Whitesox buried the Tigers in a landslide, 15-2. ;)

O0 It was an offensive explosion!

In other news, the Cubs took care of the Cardinals today, 7-2.  Good day for Chicago baseball...

Written By: nally on 06/12/21 at 10:58 pm

O0 It was an offensive explosion!

In other news, the Cubs took care of the Cardinals today, 7-2.  Good day for Chicago baseball...

Yup! O0

Cubbies took the first two games. And tomorrow's game is gonna be on ESPN.

Written By: nally on 06/13/21 at 11:29 am

Too bad the DUDgers' offense floundered last nite :(

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/13/21 at 11:00 pm

Too bad the DUDgers' offense floundered last nite :(

Sorry to hear...      :(

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/13/21 at 11:27 pm

Another good day for Chicago baseball today...  Cubs 2-0 and Sox 4-1, both win!  Two sweeps!!!  :D

Written By: nally on 06/14/21 at 11:28 pm

Sorry to hear...      :(

Yep. On Friday the Dodgers pummeled the Rangers by a score of 12-1. Then the next night the score was switched (with the bulk of Texas' runs coming in the late innings; boo-hiss). But yesterday LAD took the "rubber" game 5-3, but not without things getting shaky in the 9th. Fortunately Kenly was able to nail down the save.

Tonight they welcome in the Phillies; that game is still in progress. Tomorrow, the Dodger Stadium is scheduled to reopen to full capacity! (This is due to California planning to lift some of its Covid guidelines on the 15th, which I mentioned in the Conoravirus thread at least once.)

Written By: nally on 06/14/21 at 11:30 pm

Another good day for Chicago baseball today...  Cubs 2-0 and Sox 4-1, both win!  Two sweeps!!!  :D

So both Chicago teams swept their respective opponents over the weekend; that's awesome!! O0

Tonight the CHC fell to the NYM in CitiField. :(

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/15/21 at 3:58 pm

Tonight the CHC fell to the NYM in CitiField. :(

Yeah, the White Sox lost to the Tampa Bay Rays, too  :-\\

I see that the Dodgers won yesterday...

Written By: nally on 06/15/21 at 8:03 pm

Yeah, the White Sox lost to the Tampa Bay Rays, too  :-\\

Yep, those Tampa Rays are trying to defend their AL East title!

I see that the Dodgers won yesterday...

Yep, they did, via home runs by Will Smith (no, not the actor/musician lol) and Chris Taylor. O0

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/15/21 at 9:56 pm

Mixed bag for Chicago baseball today -

The White Sox prevailed over the Rays, 3-0.  On the other hand, the Cubs lost their early lead over the Mets and lost 2-3.

Written By: nally on 06/16/21 at 8:11 pm

Dodgers prevailed again last nite, 5-3, in front of the largest in-stadium crowd since their final game of 2019. (Dodger Stadium reopened to full capacity yesterday, but it wasn't a sellout. I think people are still taking it safe, even if they're fully vaccinated.)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/16/21 at 11:24 pm

Mixed bag for Chicago baseball today -

The White Sox prevailed over the Rays, 3-0.  On the other hand, the Cubs lost their early lead over the Mets and lost 2-3.

Same general results today.  The White Sox won in extra innings, 8-7.  (They blew an early 7-2 lead in the 5th through 8th innings but managed to pull it out.)  Cubs just having a rough time in NYC.  :-\\

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/16/21 at 11:25 pm

Dodgers prevailed again last nite, 5-3, in front of the largest in-stadium crowd since their final game of 2019. (Dodger Stadium reopened to full capacity yesterday, but it wasn't a sellout. I think people are still taking it safe, even if they're fully vaccinated.)

O0 Nice!

Written By: nally on 06/17/21 at 12:38 am

Dudgers in danger of laying their first goose-egg since 2019. :\'(
Worse, it's with Kershaw, their longtime ace, starting.

Written By: nally on 06/18/21 at 12:16 am

Arizona D'backs seem to have forgotten how to win games on the road. They've apparently lost 23 straight games that they've NOT played at Chase Field.
Tomorrow they'll be back in Chase Field to host a weekend series with the Dudgers...in the "great indoors" (the stadium will likely have its roof closed due to the intense heat there).

Written By: nally on 06/18/21 at 8:03 pm

I forgot to mention yesterday (Thursday) that the Cubbies averted a sweep at the hands of the Mets! (CHC blanked NYM 2-zip.)

One other highlight of the day: Atlanta Braves' pitcher Charlie Moron carried a no-hitter into the 7th inning against the StL Cardinals, but settled for a shutout.

Written By: nally on 06/19/21 at 1:17 am

Dodgers blanked the Dbacks in Phoenix tonight, but it took until the 8th inning for them to get on the board. Steven Souza hit a solo shot, then two additional runs came in.

Written By: nally on 06/19/21 at 11:52 am

O0 Nice!

Yesterday wasn't a good day for your Chicago teams, however. Marlins did a number on the Cubbies, and the Stros won walkoff style against the Whitesox in a 2005 World Series rematch. :-\\

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/19/21 at 10:49 pm

Yesterday wasn't a good day for your Chicago teams, however. Marlins did a number on the Cubbies, and the Stros won walkoff style against the Whitesox in a 2005 World Series rematch. :-\\

Nor was today any good, same basic results...  :-\\

Written By: nally on 06/19/21 at 11:32 pm

Dodgers have something cookin' right now...Walker Buehler has a no-no going in the 7th inning! Let's see if it holds up.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/19/21 at 11:35 pm

Dodgers have something cookin' right now...Walker Buehler has a no-no going in the 7th inning! Let's see if it holds up.

Oooooh - good luck to him on that no-no!

Written By: nally on 06/19/21 at 11:38 pm

Oooooh - good luck to him on that no-no!

It is now the top of the 8th, and Chris Taylor just hit a two-run homer to extend L.A.'s lead to NINE-zip! :D

This game is in Arizona, at Chase Field...but there are plenty of Dodger fans in attendance! I'm watchin' it on TV right now and there's a sea of blue in various portions of the stands!

Written By: nally on 06/19/21 at 11:46 pm

Update: It's now the bottom of the 8th, and Buehler no longer has a no-no. He gave up a couple of hits, and this might be the end of the night for him. Good news is that the Dodgers still have a comfortable lead.

Edit: Yup. Dave Roberts has made the move. Buehler has left the building. Hopefully his successor(s) won't mess this up.

Written By: nally on 06/19/21 at 11:53 pm

Update: It's now the bottom of the 8th, and Buehler no longer has a no-no. He gave up a couple of hits, and this might be the end of the night for him. Good news is that the Dodgers still have a comfortable lead.

Edit: Yup. Dave Roberts has made the move. Buehler has left the building. Hopefully his successor(s) won't mess this up.

No more shutout. The reliever who replaced Buehler -- Mitch White -- can't seem to get guys out. :-\\

Written By: nally on 06/20/21 at 12:16 am

It's now 9-3 Dodgers, in the bottom of the 9th. I'd like to think I'm confident that they're gonna hang on and win. Buehler deserves to win; he pitched a damn good game and left with a healthy lead. It'd be a shame for the 'pen to eff it up.

Written By: nally on 06/20/21 at 7:45 pm

Dodgers led 9-1 at one point in the game today, but barely hung on to win... 9-8. This was due in part to bullpen pitching that ain't too good. :-\\

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/20/21 at 8:00 pm

Dodgers led 9-1 at one point in the game today, but barely hung on to win... 9-8. This was due in part to bullpen pitching that ain't too good. :-\\

At least the Dodgers hung on to win.  Not much winning happening with Chicago teams this weekend.  Cubbies at least salvaged the final of the 4 game series vs the Marlins.  White Sox stunk up their entire series at the Astros.  :-\\

Written By: nally on 06/20/21 at 11:56 pm

At least the Dodgers hung on to win.  Not much winning happening with Chicago teams this weekend.  Cubbies at least salvaged the final of the 4 game series vs the Marlins.  White Sox stunk up their entire series at the Astros.  :-\\

Yeah, I saw. Glad the Cubbies averted a sweep by the Fish.
Too bad the 2005 World Series rematch swung the other way, so to speak.

Written By: nally on 06/21/21 at 11:57 pm

DUDgers are getting knocked around in San Diego. Julio Urias wasn't at his best tonight. :-\\

Btw... the Arizona Diamondbacks have finally won another game! (They ended a 17-game skid.) But it was at their home ballpark, Chase Field.

Written By: nally on 06/23/21 at 12:44 am

...and I am STILL disgusted with my team. >:(

Why? Because Curtain Clayshaw didn't get any run support, just like in his last start. What a bleeping disappointment!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/23/21 at 10:20 pm

...and I am STILL disgusted with my team. >:(

Why? Because Curtain Clayshaw didn't get any run support, just like in his last start. What a bleeping disappointment!

Bummer.  Dodgers off to a slow start today too, maybe will redeem themselves in later innings  :-\\

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/23/21 at 10:25 pm

The White Sox finally put an end to their skid today, beating the Pirates 4-3.  It's about time!

Thankfully, the Cubbies took care of the Indians yesterday with a 7-1 win.  Double-yay!  (Cubbies are off today)

Planning to go to the White Sox game this coming Saturday (if the rain holds off) - excited...

Written By: nally on 06/23/21 at 11:33 pm

Bummer.  Dodgers off to a slow start today too, maybe will redeem themselves in later innings  :-\\

The Giants were no help at all, completing a two-game sweep at Angel Stadium. >:(

But yeah, at least LAD tied their game at 2-2 in the 4th(?) and it was still that score in the 7th inning on last look.

Written By: nally on 06/23/21 at 11:34 pm

The White Sox finally put an end to their skid today, beating the Pirates 4-3.  It's about time!

Thankfully, the Cubbies took care of the Indians yesterday with a 7-1 win.  Double-yay!  (Cubbies are off today)

Planning to go to the White Sox game this coming Saturday (if the rain holds off) - excited...

That's right; the Cubbies come to Dodger Stadium for a 4-game series next, starting tomorrow and going through Sunday.

Hope you enjoy the Sox game (weather permitting). I don't think I'll be going to any Dodgers games this year.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/24/21 at 8:26 am

That's right; the Cubbies come to Dodger Stadium for a 4-game series next, starting tomorrow and going through Sunday.

I intend to  :-X  here regarding this weekend's Cubs/Dodgers series (no pressure though).

Hope you enjoy the Sox game (weather permitting).

Thanks!  :)

Written By: nally on 06/24/21 at 7:59 pm

I intend to  :-X  here regarding this weekend's Cubs/Dodgers series (no pressure though).

Yep. I always used to say, "May the best team win", but some people can interpret that the wrong way. Now I like to wish good luck to the fans of the other team (something like that). ;)

Last month, when the Dodgers played in Wrigley Field, the Cubbies won all three. :( :-\\ :-X

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/24/21 at 8:20 pm

Yep. I always used to say, "May the best team win", but some people can interpret that the wrong way. Now I like to wish good luck to the fans of the other team (something like that). ;)

Sounds good - and good luck to Dodgers fans, too.

Written By: nally on 06/25/21 at 12:13 am

Sounds good - and good luck to Dodgers fans, too.

Unfortunately, said fans have NOT been treated to any good luck tonight :\'( :-[

NO HITS THROUGH EIGHT INNINGS. In front of the home crowd. What a bummer. >:(

This means that Walker Buehler is, in all likelihood, going to get his first loss since late 2019. :-[

Written By: nally on 06/25/21 at 9:06 pm

Unfortunately, said fans have NOT been treated to any good luck tonight :\'( :-[

NO HITS THROUGH EIGHT INNINGS. In front of the home crowd. What a bummer. >:(

This means that Walker Buehler is, in all likelihood, going to get his first loss since late 2019. :-[

And the Cubbies hung on for a combined no hitter. Me very unhappy about that. (I'm sure all fans in attendance probably wanted a refund. NO one likes to see their own team get no-hit.)

Written By: nally on 06/26/21 at 10:28 am

In last night's game, the Dodgers actually got hits...and they scored...and most importantly, they won. O0

Written By: nally on 06/26/21 at 11:34 pm

Dodgers made it two wins in a row today, with Cody Bellinger giving the team its first walkoff win this year! He hit a solo home run with two out in the bottom of the 9th to give LAD a 3-2 win.

Tomorrow's game (the finale of this series) will be on ESPN, rather than the Yankees-Redsox game.

Written By: nally on 06/28/21 at 8:00 pm

Dodgers won the last three from the Cubbies, including a 7-1 win on the Sunday Night ESPN game!!

I was actually out while it was in progress, but the restaurant had it showing on the TV in its bar, which I was close to. (But I wasn't fixated on it; I was socializing with the people I was there with.)

Written By: nally on 06/28/21 at 8:00 pm

...rather than the Yankees-Redsox game.

And the Red Sox managed to sweep the Yankees again!! This gives Boston 7 wins in a row against the Evil Empire, dating back to the season series finale from last year.

Written By: nally on 06/30/21 at 12:15 am

Woo hoo! Dodgers just swept a two-game series at home against the Giants!!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/30/21 at 11:46 pm

Woo hoo! Dodgers just swept a two-game series at home against the Giants!!

That's like a double-win for the Dodgers!  :)

Written By: nally on 06/30/21 at 11:48 pm

That's like a double-win for the Dodgers!  :)

Yup. Both teams were idle today (Wednesday), btw. And that's helpful because the Dodgers are flying eastward towards D.C. for a four-game series with the Nationals. (The finale of that series, will start bright and early on Sunday morning.)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 06/30/21 at 11:52 pm

Dodgers won the last three from the Cubbies, including a 7-1 win on the Sunday Night ESPN game!!

Yeah, Cubbies seem to be in a bad way, getting roughed up now by the hated Brewers...  :-\\

On the other hand, the White Sox have returned to their winning ways, taking it out on the Twinkies!  :D

Written By: nally on 06/30/21 at 11:57 pm

Yeah, Cubbies seem to be in a bad way, getting roughed up now by the hated Brewers...  :-\\

Yep, they're on a downturn. After that combined no-no against my team. (Thank goodness Walker Buehler has since rebounded from that dismal outing. IOW, he pitched well last night against the Giants.)

On the other hand, the White Sox have returned to their winning ways, taking it out on the Twinkies!  :D

O0

Written By: nally on 07/01/21 at 8:44 am

Braves went on a wild scoring spree in yesterday's game. They beat the Mets 20 to 2! :o

Written By: nally on 07/01/21 at 11:09 pm

Dodgers won a rain-shortened game in D.C.
They were leading 6-2 after 5 innings. The sixth inning sorta got started, but then the rain came...and after a long delay, the powers that be decided to call it, giving LAD a 6-2 win in 5 innings. We'll take it!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/01/21 at 11:12 pm

Dodgers won a rain-shortened game in D.C.
They were leading 6-2 after 5 innings. The sixth inning sorta got started, but then the rain came...and after a long delay, the powers that be decided to call it, giving LAD a 6-2 win in 5 innings. We'll take it!

O0  There's been a lot of rain in the East lately (in fact, the game we went to last Saturday couldn't complete, it got suspended...)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/01/21 at 11:13 pm

White Sox beat the Twinkies again today!  :D

Written By: nally on 07/01/21 at 11:14 pm

O0  There's been a lot of rain in the East lately (in fact, the game we went to last Saturday couldn't complete, it got suspended...)

Yeah, I heard. It was the Whitesox game, right? (It got completed the next day, as part of a doubleheader.)

I hope the Subway Series can get played this weekend (Mets at Yankees). The NYY had to postpone their finale with the Angels this afternoon; not sure when that game's gonna get made up.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/02/21 at 12:12 pm

I hope the Subway Series can get played this weekend (Mets at Yankees). The NYY had to postpone their finale with the Angels this afternoon; not sure when that game's gonna get made up.

The "Subway Series" has got nothing on the "Crosstown Classic"!  :D

Coming soon to a Chicagoland stadium near you...  (I just added this part, 'cuz it sounds good)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/02/21 at 10:11 pm

Like Groundhog Day, once again Cubs lose (now to Cincy), Sox win (over Detroit)

Written By: nally on 07/02/21 at 11:28 pm

The "Subway Series" has got nothing on the "Crosstown Classic"!  :D

Coming soon to a Chicagoland stadium near you...  (I just added this part, 'cuz it sounds good)

Hey, that's all good! It's just that I don't like to see so many games get rained out, because it's hard to know when the teams will have a chance to make them up.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/02/21 at 11:40 pm

Hey, that's all good! It's just that I don't like to see so many games get rained out, because it's hard to know when the teams will have a chance to make them up.

So true on the rainouts; not much can be done about it, though.  :-\\

Written By: nally on 07/02/21 at 11:41 pm

So true on the rainouts; not much can be done about it, though.  :-\\

That's true. It can mess up their momentum at times, though.

The trick is to find a common idle date for both teams.

Written By: nally on 07/02/21 at 11:43 pm

At least the Dodgers and Nationals were able to play a full nine innings today. LAD won 10-5.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/02/21 at 11:45 pm

At least the Dodgers and Nationals were able to play a full nine innings today. LAD won 10-5.

O0

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/03/21 at 11:24 pm

Today both Chicagoland teams stunk it up.  Making matters worse, both were come-from-behind losses.  :-[

Written By: nally on 07/04/21 at 10:03 am

Today both Chicagoland teams stunk it up.  Making matters worse, both were come-from-behind losses.  :-my team last Thursday. Conversely, the Dodgers haven't lost a game since that no-no.

Today LAD goes for a season series sweep of the Nationals. (In fact, that game should be getting underway right about now!)

Written By: nally on 07/04/21 at 2:32 pm

Dodgers did it! They swept the Nats! They won today's game 5-1.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/04/21 at 8:23 pm

Dodgers did it! They swept the Nats! They won today's game 5-1.

O0 Way to go, Dodgers!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/04/21 at 8:25 pm

Today both Chicagoland teams stunk it up.  Making matters worse, both were come-from-behind losses.  :-not come-from-behind losses...)  :-\\

Written By: nally on 07/05/21 at 11:05 am

And stunk it up again (although this time not come-from-behind losses...)  :-\\

The Cubbies still haven't won a game since no-hitting my team. Conversely, my team hasn't lost since being no-hit by the Cubbies.

Written By: nally on 07/05/21 at 11:06 am

In other news, Angels' pitcher-hitter Shohei Othani has been named to the All-Star squad as both a hitter AND a pitcher!

Also today's his birthday; happy 27th to him. :)

Written By: nally on 07/06/21 at 9:46 pm

The Cubbies still haven't won a game since no-hitting my team. Conversely, my team hasn't lost since being no-hit by the Cubbies.

Last night, this changed...for one team.

Dodgers messed up a chance to win in Miami, losing by a run. Too bad they couldn't capitalise on a Giants loss, in order to take over first place.
But the Cubs got buried in a near-landslide at the hands of the Phillies. So they haven't won since their combined no-no.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/06/21 at 10:40 pm

...But the Cubs got buried in a near-landslide at the hands of the Phillies. So they haven't won since their combined no-no.

Don't think it's changing tonite - Phillies ahead of the Cubs 15 - 9 in the ninth.  :-\\

On the other hand, the White Sox finally snapped their skid, beating the Twinkies 4 - 1 ...

Written By: Indy Gent on 07/06/21 at 10:44 pm

That just about clinches it for the Brew Crew. I don't think Big Red can catch them, although they are making a run for it, which is more than I can say about the Cubs.

Written By: nally on 07/06/21 at 10:47 pm

^ Yes, I notice that the Brews have been on quite a tear lately! They have a 6-game lead in the NL Central division right now. The Reds are also gaining momentum; they're in second place in said division.

I do happen to know that the Dodgers are scheduled to conclude the regular season by hosting the Brewers (this'll be the first time since 1999 when they close out the season against a non-regional opponent).

Written By: nally on 07/07/21 at 9:28 pm

Kershaw to the injured list. >:( This means more woes for the starting rotation.

Written By: nally on 07/08/21 at 12:23 am

Dodgers just can't seem to beat a last place team like the Marlins. >:( >:( I hope they can salvage the series finale mañana.

But hey, the Cubbies finally won a game again! :) I know someone on here will be happy about that news... ;)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/08/21 at 10:49 am

Kershaw to the injured list. >:( This means more woes for the starting rotation.

:\'(

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/08/21 at 10:59 am

...But hey, the Cubbies finally won a game again! :) I know someone on here will be happy about that news... ;)

Indeed - the Cubs finally snapped that losing streak yesterday!  Plus the White Sox had another good win yesterday, back to their winning ways.

Sad to report that Sox' Yasmani Grandal has gone down with knee surgery - the injury train keeps on rolling.  He's a big loss - not that we haven't had more than our share of big losses this year...  :-\\

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/08/21 at 9:53 pm

Indeed - the Cubs finally snapped that losing streak yesterday!

Well, that didn't last long...    :-\\

Written By: nally on 07/08/21 at 11:13 pm

:\'(

Yeah, and another starter - Trevor Bauer - is not going to return until after the All Star Break. This is because he's on the Administrative Leave list, due to allegations of sexual assault. ::) So it's anyone's guess as to how the depleted starting rotation will pull through during the upcoming weekend series.

Written By: nally on 07/08/21 at 11:16 pm

Indeed - the Cubs finally snapped that losing streak yesterday!  Plus the White Sox had another good win yesterday, back to their winning ways.

Sad to report that Sox' Yasmani Grandal has gone down with knee surgery - the injury train keeps on rolling.  He's a big loss - not that we haven't had more than our share of big losses this year...  :-\\

Yep, good for the Chicago teams! O0 Too bad the Cubbies laid another goose-egg tonight. :(

And of course Mr. Grandal used to play for my team from 2015-2018.

Written By: nally on 07/08/21 at 11:17 pm

Some good news for the Dodgers - they averted a sweep in Miami in a "matinee" game! Julio Urias issued a home run to the first batter he faced, but settled down after that. LAD won 6-1. O0

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/09/21 at 10:28 pm

Today was good for Chicagoland teams - both the Cubs and White Sox won!  :)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/10/21 at 7:30 am

Yeah, and another starter - Trevor Bauer - is not going to return until after the All Star Break. This is because he's on the Administrative Leave list, due to allegations of sexual assault. ::) So it's anyone's guess as to how the depleted starting rotation will pull through during the upcoming weekend series.

OH MY, just noticed this.  That's some serious stuff.  :o

Written By: nally on 07/10/21 at 10:41 am

OH MY, just noticed this.  That's some serious stuff.  :o

Yes, those began to surface more than a week ago. Which is why he was placed on admin leave last weekend.

And I think last nite the team fell to the lowly Arizona Demonbacks. :-[

Written By: nally on 07/11/21 at 12:48 am

Dodgers went on a wild scoring spree against the Dbacks tonight! They hit 8 home runs (2 of which were grand slams) en route to a 22-1 blowout victory. Pujols went deep twice, for career home runs #674 and #675.

Written By: nally on 07/12/21 at 12:13 am

Dodgers looked as if they were gonna lose today's game...but they tied it in the 8th, and as a grand finale, Max Muncy hit a three-run walkoff home run in the 9th to give LAD a 7-4 win. So they have a two-game win streak heading into the All Star Break.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/12/21 at 8:45 pm

Dodgers looked as if they were gonna lose today's game...but they tied it in the 8th, and as a grand finale, Max Muncy hit a three-run walkoff home run in the 9th to give LAD a 7-4 win. So they have a two-game win streak heading into the All Star Break.

Aren't walk-offs just grand?  :D

Written By: nally on 07/12/21 at 10:12 pm

Aren't walk-offs just grand?  :D

Yep! For the longest time the Dodgers didn't have any walkoff wins this year...until late June.

Written By: nally on 07/14/21 at 12:55 am

American League dominates the All Star Game yet again, this time winning 5-2. NL had some opportunities to tie (or at least pull ahead) in late innings, but just couldn't come through. >:(

Early in the game, Shohei Othani became the first-ever two-way player in an ASG. He was a starting pitcher AND a hitter!

Written By: nally on 07/15/21 at 8:26 pm

Breaking news: Ex-Dodgers outfielder Joke Pederson, who began playing for the Chicago Cubs this year, is traded to the Atlanta Braves today. :o

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/15/21 at 11:28 pm

Breaking news: Ex-Dodgers outfielder Joke Pederson, who began playing for the Chicago Cubs this year, is traded to the Atlanta Braves today. :o

:o

Written By: nally on 07/17/21 at 1:21 am

So, the Dodgers begin the unofficial "second half" by defeating the Rockies 10-4, at the same stadium where the All Star Game was held just three days ago. They give Julio Urias his 12th win; I think that's the most wins by any MLB pitcher this year (so far).

Written By: nally on 07/17/21 at 1:22 am

Padres buried the Nationals in a huge landslide, 24 to 8! :o

That's more like a football score!

Written By: nally on 07/17/21 at 10:46 pm

Giants lost and Dodgers won!! This means we now trail by 1 game in the NL West!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/18/21 at 12:09 am

Giants lost and Dodgers won!! This means we now trail by 1 game in the NL West!

O0 Well, there you go - Dodgers moving on up!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/18/21 at 12:11 am

White Sox' Lucas Giolito had a stellar complete game Saturday; the Sox beat the Astros 10-1!  It was also a home-run fest!  :D

Written By: nally on 07/18/21 at 11:59 am

White Sox' Lucas Giolito had a stellar complete game Saturday; the Sox beat the Astros 10-1!  It was also a home-run fest!  :D

Yep, the Sox finally win a game in this year's 2005 World Series rematch. O0 I'm glad they did.

Written By: nally on 07/18/21 at 12:00 pm

O0 Well, there you go - Dodgers moving on up!

Max Muncy knocked in five of those nine runs, btw. He hit two home runs, which helped.

Written By: nally on 07/18/21 at 8:45 pm

And today the Dudgers could not finish off a sweep of the Rockies. :( They took it to extra innings, scored only ONE run in the 10th, then surrendered the winning run in the bottom of said inning. >:( They just aren't doing very well in extra inning games this year.

If only they'd won today, they would be in a virtual tie with the Giants, who lost in St. Louis.

Tomorrow the teams begin a 4-game set at Dodger Stadium; this is likely to be a battle for the NL West division lead.

Written By: nally on 07/18/21 at 11:56 pm

Yep, the Sox finally win a game in this year's 2005 World Series rematch. O0 I'm glad they did.

They beat the Stros again today ;)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/19/21 at 7:41 am

They beat the Stros again today ;)

Indeed - between Rodon and the bullpen, a combined 1-hitter!  Awesome!!!  :D

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/19/21 at 7:44 am

Tomorrow the teams begin a 4-game set at Dodger Stadium; this is likely to be a battle for the NL West division lead.

O0 Here's wishing the Dodgers a successful series against their arch-rival Giants!

Written By: nally on 07/19/21 at 10:54 pm

O0 Here's wishing the Dodgers a successful series against their arch-rival Giants!

So far, the Dudgers have wasted a couple of opportunities to pull ahead in tonight's game :-\\

Written By: nally on 07/19/21 at 11:58 pm

Some high-scoring affairs in games today...

Detroit Tigers 14, Texas Rangers goose-egg. (Clearly that's more like a football score! :D Are they sure this is not Lions and Cowboys?)
Washington Nationals 18, Miami Marlins 1.
New York Mets 15, at Cincinnati Reds 11. (No, it's not Jets and Bengals.)

Written By: nally on 07/20/21 at 7:51 pm

So far, the Dudgers have wasted a couple of opportunities to pull ahead in tonight's game :-\\

And they allowed more runs to those darned Gints! >:(

I sure hope they do better tonight.

Written By: nally on 07/21/21 at 1:11 am

And they allowed more runs to those darned Gints! >:(

I sure hope they do better tonight.

They did!! They were losing for most of the game, but in the 9th, trailing 6-5, a pair of walks opened up the bottom half, setting the stage for Will Smith (no, not the actor/musician lol), who hit a home run to end it! :) :D It was a 3-run walkoff homer, giving LAD an 8-6 win!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/21/21 at 8:50 am

They did!! They were losing for most of the game, but in the 9th, trailing 6-5, a pair of walks opened up the bottom half, setting the stage for Will Smith (no, not the actor/musician lol), who hit a home run to end it! :) :D It was a 3-run walkoff homer, giving LAD an 8-6 win!

O0

Written By: nally on 07/22/21 at 12:12 am

DUDgers ain't gonna be in first place by the end of this series.

They relinquished their lead in the top of the 9th inning tonight, so I turned off the tv right away. >:( I HIW the starter leaves with a lead, but is denied a win because his successors (the bullpen pitchers) eff it up.

Written By: nally on 07/24/21 at 10:27 am

Ugh.. Dudgers loaded the bases in the bottom of the 9th with a chance to win it, but did they come through? NO! >:(

Instead, they took it to extra innings and dropped another one... :-[

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/24/21 at 8:06 pm

Ugh.. Dudgers loaded the bases in the bottom of the 9th with a chance to win it, but did they come through? NO! >:(

Instead, they took it to extra innings and dropped another one... :-[

UGH - I feel your pain  :(

Written By: AmericanGirl on 07/24/21 at 8:08 pm

White Sox getting roughed up by the hated Brew-Crew!  >:(

Written By: nally on 07/25/21 at 11:17 am

Dodgers won 1-0 last nite. Their only run was a solo homer by Austin Barnes.

Written By: nally on 07/28/21 at 10:41 pm

Tigers beat the Twinkies by a score of 17 to 14 today! :o That's more like a football score. (Lions and Vikings, lol.)

Written By: nally on 07/29/21 at 9:47 pm

With the Trade Deadline approaching, the Yankees have reportedly acquired a couple of big-name players: Joey Gallo from the Rangers, and Anthony Rizzo from the Cubbies?! :o

I know a certain poster on here may not be too pleased with that...

Written By: nally on 07/31/21 at 10:48 am

Yesterday a number of trades were finalised.

The Cubbies unloaded a number of their big-name players; for example, closer Craig Kimbrel was dealt to the crosstown rival Whitesox; Javier Baez got sent to the Mets; and Kris Bryant (who fielded the final out of the 2016 World Series) went to the GIANTS. >:(

But the most notable transaction involved sending starting pitcher Max Scherzer and infielder Trea Turner to the L.A. Dodgers for four prospects, two of whom (catcher Keibert Ruiz and pitcher Josiah Gray) have played at the major league level. Hopefully, Scherzer will help bolster their depleted starting rotation.

Written By: nally on 07/31/21 at 11:08 pm

So the Dodgers won tonight...which means they won't lose 100 games this year; but the team they beat - the Arizona D'backs - might.

The Giants also won, which means once again we don't gain any ground on them.

Written By: nally on 08/02/21 at 1:16 am

Dodgers blanked the D'backs 13-zip, and Julio Urias picked up his 13th win in the process. (A pair of lucky 13s...who'da thunk it?!)

Written By: nally on 08/05/21 at 12:03 am

So...the Dodgers welcomed in the Houston Cheaters for a pair of games yesterday and today...and fans were in the stands to boo the Stros all around (especially when Altuve and Correa came to bat). Yesterday's game resulted in the Dudgers laying a goose-egg; and today's game was much better, with Max Scherzer pitching well in his Dodger debut, and his successors barely able to preserve a win for him.

Written By: nally on 08/05/21 at 12:09 am

In other news...I found out that next year's schedule has been announced; the '22 season will start on Thursday March 31st and end on Sunday October 2nd. (This'll be the first time that a MLB season will be played in parts of eight calendar months.) The interleague schedule will consist of NL West vs AL Central, NL Central vs AL East, and NL East vs AL West. I think the schedule planners did this in order to make up for last year's intended schedule (which would have been that way) being wiped out by Covid. (My guess is if there had been no pandemic, NL West would play AL East, etc. Maybe they'll do that in 2023.)

Written By: nally on 08/07/21 at 11:42 am

O0

Your Whitesox and Cubbies play each other this weekend in Wrigley Field!

Likewise, the Angels and Dodgers are facing off this weekend in Dodger Stadium; unfortunately things didn't go too well for my Boys In Blue later in the game. :-\\ (What's worse, David Price started for LAD, pitched past the fifth inning, left with a lead, and his successors relinquished the lead.)

Written By: nally on 08/07/21 at 3:13 pm

Update...yesterday, in a press conference, he revealed that he likely won't pitch again until at least the first of September. :o His injury is still bothering him.

Still, they have Urias, Buehler, Price, and now Scherzer (who performed well a couple nights ago against the Stros, as mentioned in a previous post) in their rotation. Hopefully they won't need to do another bullpen game anytime soon. If the newly-acquired Daniel Duffy (from KC) comes off the injury list before next weekend, maybe he can start a game.

Written By: nally on 08/08/21 at 2:41 pm

the Angels and Dodgers are facing off this weekend in Dodger Stadium; unfortunately things didn't go too well for my Boys In Blue later in the game. :-\\ (What's worse, David Price started for LAD, pitched past the fifth inning, left with a lead, and his successors relinquished the lead.)

But the Dodgers performed better last night, winning 5-3, despite making an error early in the game that allowed the Angels to take a 3-2 lead.

Written By: nally on 08/10/21 at 11:44 pm

I forgot to mention on Sunday that the Dodgers finished the 2021 Freeway Series with an 8-2 win over the Angels at Dodger Stadium. That concludes their interleague slate for 2021; they won 12 of 20.

Written By: nally on 08/11/21 at 11:38 pm

Dodgers won the first two of three in Philly...although both games were rain-delayed.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/12/21 at 9:04 pm

Watching the "Field Of Dreams" game this evening.  Neat concept, although I think they're milking that "corn field" theme to excess.  GO, White Sox!!!

Written By: nally on 08/12/21 at 11:43 pm

Watching the "Field Of Dreams" game this evening.  Neat concept, although I think they're milking that "corn field" theme to excess.  GO, White Sox!!!

And they did! They beat the Yankees (walkoff style, I think).

Cubbies, on the other hand...seem to be on a downturn. :(

Written By: nally on 08/12/21 at 11:50 pm

Dodgers won the first two of three in Philly...although both games were rain-delayed.

btw, Phillies averted a sweep in a day game played today.

And to make matters worse for LAD, the Giants blanked the Rockies (by a touchdown) in the opener of a four-game series in the Bay Area this evening. That makes a 5-game NL West lead for those darn Gints. >:(

Written By: Contigo on 08/13/21 at 10:59 am

I watched some hi-lites , fun to watch . MLB should have done this YEARS ago.
Why didn't they ?

Written By: Voiceofthe70s on 08/13/21 at 11:56 am

Invoking a cornfield makes me think of the classic Twilight Zone episode "It's A Good Life" starring a young Billy Mumy as a sinister 6 year old with sinister powers who banishes anyone thinking unhappy thoughts to an otherworldly "cornfield" from which there is no return.  :o

Written By: nally on 08/13/21 at 7:58 pm

I watched some hi-lites , fun to watch . MLB should have done this YEARS ago.
Why didn't they ?

I think they wanted to (last year) but canceled it because of Covid. :(

Edit:
Yup... according to Wiki, it was originally planned for August 13th 2020 (last year), with the White Sox facing the New York Yankees, but it was cancelled due to Covid. (In fact, the schedule was rewritten for teams to play only those in their respective regions - West, Central, East.) So it was postponed until 364 days later.

Written By: nally on 08/14/21 at 1:59 pm

Dodgers won in extra innings last night at CitiField against the Mets.

They would have won in regulation if the bullpen had not relinquished the lead that starter Julio Urias left the game with.

Written By: nally on 08/14/21 at 10:49 pm

So, there were three attempts for no-hitters today, and one was successful.

Phillies had the Reds no-hit, until that bid was broken up in the 8th inning. Phils still won, 6-1.

Mets had the Dodgers no-hit through 6 1/3 innings...until Will Smith of LAD hit a solo homer to erase both the no-hit bid AND the shutout... plus the Dodgers ultimately made it two extra-inning wins in a row (the final score was 2-1 in 10 innings).

But in Chase Field in Phoenix, Arizona... a 27-year-old rookie pitcher named Tyler Gilbert, playing for the Arizona Diamondbacks, has thrown a no-hitter against the San Diego Padres. This was his very first appearance as a starter (he made his debut at the major league level 11 days ago, as a reliever). The losing pitcher for the Padres was Joseph Musgrove, who, ironically, tossed the first no-hitter in Padres history back in April!

Written By: nally on 08/15/21 at 11:59 pm

Dodgers sweep Mets!! LAD buried them in a near landslide 14-4, with Max Scherzer remaining unbeaten as a member of the Dodgers.

Now both teams travel west; Dodgers return to Dodger Stadium to take on the Pirates, and the Mets visit the Giants. (I'd like for the NYM to win games there before they come down south to battle the Dodgers again.)

Written By: nally on 08/17/21 at 8:05 pm

Dodgers' winning streak against the Pirates continued last night. The Pirates have not beaten the Dodgers in three years! (Of course, the teams didn't play each other at all last year due to the shortened schedule restricted to regional play.) Let's see if the streak can continue tonight.

Written By: nally on 08/17/21 at 11:44 pm

I just found out that the Cubbies' 12-game skid is over! They defeated the Reds today in Cincy.

The Borioles' skid, OTOH, is still active. They have 13 L's in a row now. :-\\

Written By: nally on 08/19/21 at 11:46 pm

And yesterday (Wednesday) the Dodgers completed a home sweep of the Pirates. That gives them 16 (?) wins in a row against the Bucks now!

And the Pirates won't have another chance to beat the Dodgers until 2022 (not that I want that to happen), because the Pirates clearly ain't gonna make the postseason this year.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/20/21 at 4:24 pm

The White Sox took 3 out of 4 in their contest vs. Oakland this past week.  8)

Sadly, A's pitcher Chris Bassitt was injured on Tuesday, hit by a line drive, and will require facial surgery.  :-\\  (The incident looked pretty frightening during the game.)  The news could be worse, though - a full recovery is expected for him and his vision is not affected, a major sigh of relief.

Written By: nally on 08/20/21 at 9:04 pm

The White Sox took 3 out of 4 in their contest vs. Oakland this past week.  8)

Sadly, A's pitcher Chris Bassitt was injured on Tuesday, hit by a line drive, and will require facial surgery.  :-\\  (The incident looked pretty frightening during the game.)  The news could be worse, though - a full recovery is expected for him and his vision is not affected, a major sigh of relief.

Oh no, that can't be good. :-never like to see anyone get hurt, no matter what team they play for.

Written By: nally on 08/21/21 at 12:04 am

After gaining a half-game on the idle Giants last nite (Thursday), the Dodgers beat the Mets again tonight and the Athletics downed the Giants in Oakland, thereby reducing the gap to 1 1/2 games in the NL West division! Padres, who are in 3rd place in said division, have been losing ground (but are still very much alive in the wildcard race).

Written By: nally on 08/21/21 at 1:51 pm

Baltimore Borioles: 16 straight losses (none of which were by a single run). :(

I think they now have MLB's worst record, instead of the Arizona D'backs. (However, both teams are assured of losing records this year.)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/21/21 at 5:44 pm

My Chicago White Sox fell to the Tampa Bay Rays today, after beating them last night in extra innings.  Rubber match tomorrow...

Incidentally, I'm unlikely to report much more on Cubs this year after their July fire sale - the team is toast.  :-\\

Written By: nally on 08/21/21 at 7:43 pm

My Chicago White Sox fell to the Tampa Bay Rays today, after beating them last night in extra innings.  Rubber match tomorrow...

Incidentally, I'm unlikely to report much more on Cubs this year after their July fire sale - the team is toast.  :-\\

Yes, I've noticed that about the Cubbies too; they are on quite a downturn. :-\\

Written By: nally on 08/21/21 at 7:47 pm

Dodgers did their part today by winning. However, Max Scherzer had to labor through five innings, and the team barely preserved a win for him. Albert Pujols went deep for the 15th time this year (677th in his career) to help out.

Giants, meanwhile, stole a game from the Athletics in Oakland, in the 9th inning. >:( So, LAD remains 1 1/2 games back.

Written By: nally on 08/22/21 at 11:18 pm

Miguel Cabrera (Detroit Tigers) hit his 500th career home run today! He becomes the 28th MLB player overall to reach that plateau, and the first Venezuelan-born player to do it. O0

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/23/21 at 9:24 am

Miguel Cabrera (Detroit Tigers) hit his 500th career home run today! He becomes the 28th MLB player overall to reach that plateau, and the first Venezuelan-born player to do it. O0

O0 Kudos to Miguel Cabrera!  (Even though a goodly number of those bangs were likely hit against my Chicago White Sox teams past and present...)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/23/21 at 9:28 am

Sox lost yesterday's rubber match big time, 9-0.  :-[

Written By: nally on 08/24/21 at 12:03 am

Sox lost yesterday's rubber match big time, 9-0.  :-[

Yup. They were goose-egged.

And the Dudgers failed to complete a season series sweep of the Mets; NYM got to David Price early and LAD trailed for pretty much the whole game. What's more, the Giants snatched another game from the A's in Oakland; now the teams are once again separated by 2 1/2 games. >:( Neither team played today (Monday).

Written By: nally on 08/24/21 at 12:07 am

O0 Kudos to Miguel Cabrera!  (Even though a goodly number of those bangs were likely hit against my Chicago White Sox teams past and present...)

Yes, since he's been a member of the Tigers for a good part of his career (from 2008 through now), and they're in the same division as the Sox.

Of course he started his career way back in 2003, at age 20, with the Miami Marlins and was a contributor to their World Series title that year.

Written By: nally on 08/25/21 at 12:23 am

Those darn Giants won again, this time blanking the Mets in NY. >:( So this means the Dodgers seriously need to do their part.

Written By: nally on 08/26/21 at 11:58 pm

Dodgers won a long extra-inning game last night, finishing just after 1am PDT! 5 to 3, in 16 innings.

And today, they completed the sweep in San Diego.

Giants, meanwhile, swept the Mets. >:(

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/27/21 at 9:08 am

Dodgers won a long extra-inning game last night, finishing just after 1am PDT! 5 to 3, in 16 innings.

And today, they completed the sweep in San Diego.

O0 Excellent!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/27/21 at 9:17 am

Whtie Sox split the series against the Toronto Blue Jays, after their win yesterday.  Hoping the team hits high gear again, especially once Grandal comes back (plus Rodon has just returned to the rotation from injury...)

Written By: nally on 08/27/21 at 8:52 pm

Whtie Sox split the series against the Toronto Blue Jays, after their win yesterday.  Hoping the team hits high gear again, especially once Grandal comes back (plus Rodon has just returned to the rotation from injury...)

And now this weekend is the other half of the Windy City Series (in the south side of Chicago now).

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/27/21 at 11:23 pm

...especially once Grandal comes back (plus Rodon has just returned to the rotation from injury...)

And now this weekend is the other half of the Windy City Series (in the south side of Chicago now).

Welcome back Yasmani Grandal!!! 8 RBIs in today's slugfest (including 2 HRs).  White Sox prevailed, 17 to 13.  :D

Written By: nally on 08/28/21 at 12:30 am

Welcome back Yasmani Grandal!!! 8 RBIs in today's slugfest (including 2 HRs).  White Sox prevailed, 17 to 13.  :D

Yes...I happened to see parts of that game on MLB Network. 30 total runs scored, wow! That's kinda like a football score!

CWS were actually leading 17 to 10 entering the 9th inning, but the CHC scored three in the ninth.

And that's good for Yasmani; he clearly performed well tonight, from what I gathered. (Also remember that he used to be with my team before moving to the Sox.)

Written By: nally on 08/28/21 at 12:31 am

And that's good for Yasmani; he clearly performed well tonight, from what I gathered. (Also remember that he used to be with my team before moving to the Sox.)

...and speaking of my team, they ain't doin' so well against the Rockies tonight. :-\\ The Giants lost in Atlanta, and it would be nice if the Dudgers could capitalize on that, but it wasn't looking good in the ninth.

Written By: nally on 08/28/21 at 11:10 pm

Yankees had a 13-game win streak entering today, but it came to an end today because the Athletics beat 'em this afternoon in Oakland.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/29/21 at 5:55 pm

After getting blanked yesterday, the White Sox win today's rubber match trouncing the Cubs, 13-1.

Written By: nally on 08/29/21 at 5:59 pm

Speaking of getting blanked, the Giants were blanked in Atlanta by the Braves, which is good for the Dodgers, but the Dodgers aren't doing their part in their game. :(

Written By: nally on 08/29/21 at 10:46 pm

Yep, those darn Dodgers laid a goose-egg today. Seems like they can't capitalize on Giants losses to move closer to them in the NL West race. >:(

I think part of the problem is that they've had too many bullpen games (which I think is a bad approach)...but their starting pitching is weak right now. They only have 3 or 4 legitimate starting pitchers (Urias, Buehler, Scherzer...and to a lesser extent, Price), with Kershaw not expected back until a week from now (at the earliest). At last month's trade deadline, they got two other "starters", both of whom are injured right now: Daniel Duffy, who might be ready to come off the IL sometime in September; and veteran Cole Hamels, who is unable to pitch at all. Why'd they get a guy who can't bolster their depleted starting rotation? (Makes me wonder if the front office people are smokin' something awful.)

/end rant

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/29/21 at 11:16 pm

Yep, those darn Dodgers laid a goose-egg today....

On behalf of Dodger fans everywhere, I say, UGH!!!    :(

Written By: nally on 08/30/21 at 8:44 pm

On behalf of Dodger fans everywhere, I say, UGH!!!    :(

Thank you!

Hopefully they'll do better tonight against the Atlanta Knaves. (I am glad that that team took two of three from the Giants last weekend, however.)

Written By: nally on 08/31/21 at 10:13 pm

Hopefully they'll do better tonight against the Atlanta Knaves. (I am glad that that team took two of three from the Giants last weekend, however.)

And they did! Dodgers beat the Braves 5-3, behind some good pitching from Julio Urias (whose record is now 15 wins and 3 losses). The Milwaukee Brewers helped out by defeating the SF Giants up north, 3-1. This moves the Dodgers one full game closer in the NL West race.

I haven't looked at the scores today yet.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 08/31/21 at 10:59 pm

The White Sox prevailed over Pittsburg today, 4-2.  One big concern is that Giolito left his start early with hamstring tightness; will learn more tomorrow.  The bullpen came in and performed well to secure the win.  Plus some amazing defense:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QJNkuppDzw

:D

Written By: nally on 09/01/21 at 1:14 am

^ WTG Luis Bob! I happened to see that on MLB Network's "Quick Pitch." O0

I was also happy to see the Dodgers come from behind to win their game, and the Giants lose yet another one to the Brew Crew. That means the Dodgers only trail by 0.5 games in the NL West!!!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/01/21 at 2:15 pm

... happy to see the Dodgers come from behind to win their game, and the Giants lose yet another one to the Brew Crew. That means the Dodgers only trail by 0.5 games in the NL West!!!

O0 Good for Dodgers, way to pick up a game!

Written By: nally on 09/01/21 at 8:02 pm

O0 Good for Dodgers, way to pick up a game!

And now, if the Dodgers beat the Knaves AND the Brewers take down those Gints, then the Dodgers will move back into first place by half a game! :D

Then of course, my team goes up north to play the Gints this weekend.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/02/21 at 8:43 am

And now, if the Dodgers beat the Knaves AND the Brewers take down those Gints, then the Dodgers will move back into first place by half a game! :D

Then of course, my team goes up north to play the Gints this weekend.

O0 I see they did it - Dodgers a half game up!

Good luck to Dodgers for this upcoming weekend -

Written By: nally on 09/02/21 at 7:55 pm

Good luck to Dodgers for this upcoming weekend

Yep, I was very excited about both wins coming to fruition! O0 :) 8)

Brewers and Gints played the finale of their four-game series this afternoon; but the Gints scored four runs in the 8th inning to avert a sweep by the Brew Crew, thus putting LAD and SF into a first-place tie, with identical records heading into the weekend series. >:(

Written By: nally on 09/03/21 at 11:39 pm

Good luck to Dodgers for this upcoming weekend -

Unfortunately they don't seem to be doing too well tonight. :-[

This may be due in part to a bullpen game, which I think is a bad approach for a team that wants to win it all.

Written By: nally on 09/04/21 at 8:39 pm

Unfortunately they don't seem to be doing too well tonight. :-[

This may be due in part to a bullpen game, which I think is a bad approach for a team that wants to win it all.

Yep, they had a chance to pull ahead in the extra innings, but could not get it done. :( :(

Tonight they're off to a better start, giving Julio Urias some early run support.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/04/21 at 10:07 pm

...Tonight they're off to a better start, giving Julio Urias some early run support.

Dodgers still ahead at the moment.  Keep it up, Dodgers!

The White Sox pulled out a win today, 10 - 7.  Looked like a laugher at first when it was 6-0 Sox, but KC kept roaring back.  Thankfully the last four bullpen guys (Tepera, Kimbrel, Bummer, Hendriks) performed flawlessly.  Magic number now is 18!  :D

(We needed the win today after that rain delayed debacle vs. KC yesterday...)

Written By: nally on 09/05/21 at 9:20 am

Dodgers still ahead at the moment.  Keep it up, Dodgers!

They went on to win, 6 to 1! O0

So now they're back in a tie with the Gints. Today's game is on ESPN at 4pm PDT, with Walker Buehler on the mound for LAD, and a potential reliever for the Gints. (Both the Dodgers and Gints have depleted starting rotations right now, but both teams have also done well overall.)

Written By: nally on 09/05/21 at 2:41 pm

One team has already clinched last place in its division (that is, will be assured of a last-place finish): the Borioles, in the AL East.

Written By: nally on 09/06/21 at 1:53 am

Dangflabit, those Dudgers couldn't win the 'rubber' game today. >:( Not even with Walker Buehler on the mound for LAD, and another bullpen game for the Gints.

I just hope Max Scherzer can pitch well tomorrow afternoon in St. Louie; and the Rockies can quell the Gints.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/06/21 at 8:14 pm

Dangflabit, those Dudgers couldn't win the 'rubber' game today. >:( Not even with Walker Buehler on the mound for LAD, and another bullpen game for the Gints.

Sorry to hear.  Incidentally the White Sox also lost their rubber match in KC (though that doesn't blow their standings).  Sox off to Oakland next (off day today).

I just hope Max Scherzer can pitch well tomorrow afternoon in St. Louie; and the Rockies can quell the Gints.

I see the Dodgers won today.  Unfortunately for Dodgers world, so did the Giants.  :(

Written By: nally on 09/06/21 at 11:03 pm

I see the Dodgers won today.  Unfortunately for Dodgers world, so did the Giants.  :(

Yep, they did! Max Scherzer is unbeaten as a member of the Dodgers!

What needs to happen now is that the Giants need to lose a game and the Dodgers need to win a game - on the same day. That's the only way the Dodgers are gonna overtake the Gints now, because they don't play each other anymore this year (at least during the regular season).

Written By: nally on 09/08/21 at 1:15 am

...so, Albert Pujols played in his 4th game in St. Louis as a visiting player, and he received a hero's welcome by the fans as he hit career home run #679... en route to a 7-2 Dodgers victory.

Written By: nally on 09/08/21 at 9:40 pm

And tonight those darn Dudgers lost. >:( (Another dreaded bullpen game...which I wish they wouldn't have to resort to doing. But I did hear on the news that Kershaw is scheduled to be activated off the I.L. next Monday, when they welcome in the D'backs.)

Also the Giants won...more bad news. That means we're back to 2 games out of first. >:(

I wish the Giants would stop winning games this year.

Written By: nally on 09/09/21 at 11:01 pm

And tonight those darn Dudgers lost. >:(

More of the same today... :(

Today was also the 56th anniversary of Sandy Koufax's perfect game (the only time that the Dodgers have thrown a perfect game). Too bad the team couldn't celebrate that anniversary with a "W" today. :-\\

Written By: nally on 09/12/21 at 1:47 am

Seems like those Giants refuse to lose. They buried the Cubbies in a landslide this afternoon. :( :-[

Dodgers, on the other hand, make it two in a row against the Padres.

Written By: nally on 09/12/21 at 1:48 am

Elsewhere...the Milwaukee Brewers tossed a no-hitter in Cleveland! This was the second no-hitter in Brewers franchise history; the first occurred early in the 1987 season when the team was part of the American League. Also, this is the third time that the Clevelands have been no-hit this year, a record in the Modern Era. First by Carlos Rodon't of the Whitesox on April 14th, then by Wade Miley Cyrus of the Reds on May 7th, and now Corbin Burnes and Joshua Hader combine for a no-no on September 11th.

Written By: nally on 09/12/21 at 10:53 pm

So the Dodgers swept the Padres today. Max Scherzer was clearly the player of the game. Why?

He pitched an immaculate 2nd inning (struck out each batter he faced on exactly three pitches, nine total).
He achieved his 3,000th career strikeout in a later inning.
He had a perfect game through 7 1/3 innings. In the 8th inning with one out, Eric Hosmer got a double to erase the perfect game and the no-hit bid. Nonetheless, he completed the 8th inning...and a reliever pitched a clean 9th inning, so LAD settled for a combined shutout as they scored 8 runs of their own. :)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/13/21 at 10:45 am

Elsewhere...the Milwaukee Brewers tossed a no-hitter in Cleveland! (This was the second no-hitter in Brewers franchise history; the first occurred early in the 1987 season when the team was part of the American League. Also, this is the third time that the Clevelands have been no-hit this year, a record in the Modern Era. First by Carlos Rodon't of the Whitesox on April 14th, then by Wade Miley Cyrus of the Reds on May 7th, and now Corbin Burnes and Joshua Hader combine for a no-no on September 11th.

So this was a "combined" no hitter?  Cool.  Although I don't like the Brew-Crew.  Still, it improves the White Sox' magic number, so I'll take it.

Seems like those Giants refuse to lose. They buried the Cubbies in a landslide this afternoon. :( :-[

* SIGH *  It's definitely become a "wait till next year" season for my Cubbies...    :-\\

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/13/21 at 10:48 am

So the Dodgers swept the Padres today. Max Scherzer was clearly the player of the game. Why?

He pitched an immaculate 2nd inning (struck out each batter he faced on exactly three pitches, nine total).
He achieved his 3,000th career strikeout in a later inning.
He had a perfect game through 7 1/3 innings. In the 8th inning with one out, Eric Hosmer got a double to erase the perfect game and the no-hit bid. Nonetheless, he completed the 8th inning...and a reliever pitched a clean 9th inning, so LAD settled for a combined shutout as they scored 8 runs of their own. :)

O0 Nice going, Dodgers!

Back in Chicagoland, the White Sox take 2 of 3 in this past weekend's series vs. Red Sox - each game a nail-biter...

Written By: nally on 09/13/21 at 10:11 pm

O0 Nice going, Dodgers!

Back in Chicagoland, the White Sox take 2 of 3 in this past weekend's series vs. Red Sox - each game a nail-biter...

Yep, that was the Battle Of The Soxes!

Too bad the other team in Chicagoland couldn't win one lousy game from those darn Giants. >:(

Written By: nally on 09/14/21 at 8:34 pm

Giants became the first team to be assured of a postseason spot last night, with their victory over the Padres (who are slipping in the wildcard race).

September 13 is the earliest in any season that said team has clinched a postseason berth, with only 20 days until Closing Day.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/14/21 at 10:36 pm

My White Sox won their first of the series against the LA Angels - new magic number is 7!  :D

Best news is, Tim Anderson and Lucas Giolito both came off the injury list - hooray!

Written By: nally on 09/14/21 at 11:29 pm

My White Sox won their first of the series against the LA Angels - new magic number is 7!  :D

Best news is, Tim Anderson and Lucas Giolito both came off the injury list - hooray!

Good for them! O0

Written By: nally on 09/15/21 at 1:20 am

Dodgers secured a playoff spot with a win tonight! O0

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/15/21 at 9:07 am

Dodgers secured a playoff spot with a win tonight! O0

O0 Great news for Dodgers and fans!

Written By: nally on 09/15/21 at 11:28 pm

O0 Great news for Dodgers and fans!

So the Dodgers and Giants will get the NL West division title and the top wildcard spot, in some order.

The lower wildcard spot is still up for grabs; teams currently in the hunt for that include the Cardinals (who were holding that spot, entering play today), Reds, and Padres.

In the American League, however, three teams (all in the AL East) were tied for the wildcards: Boston, NYY, and Toronto. That race is tighter than ever right now.

Written By: nally on 09/16/21 at 8:29 pm

Giants lost today to shrink their lead over the idle Dodgers to only one game!

If the Dodgers can beat the Reds in Cincy tomorrow, and the Braves can do a number on the Giants, then we'll have a chance to reclaim the lead.

Written By: nally on 09/16/21 at 11:41 pm

One team has already clinched last place in its division (that is, will be assured of a last-place finish): the Borioles, in the AL East.

and in the NL West, the Arizona Demonbacks already clinched last place a few days (or so) ago.

Written By: nally on 09/18/21 at 2:30 pm

Well, yesterday was NOT a good day for the Dodgers. They dropped the opener in Cincinnati, and back in California the Giants walked it off against the Braves in extra innings. >:(

Written By: nally on 09/19/21 at 9:54 am

Dodgers played much better yesterday afternooon; they gave Max Scherzer some run support, he continued to not allow any runs, and won their game.

But then in San Fran, those danged Giants blanked the Braves. >:(

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/19/21 at 5:55 pm

After stinking it up yesterday, White Sox come back today to take 2 out of 3 against Texas.  Magic number to clinch division now down to 4!  :D

Written By: nally on 09/19/21 at 11:01 pm

Today was a completely good day for Dodgers fans. Why? Because the Dodgers took care of the Reds 8-5, and the Giants laid a goose-egg at home against the Braves! This means LAD is now only 1 game behind SF for the NL West lead! O0

Written By: nally on 09/22/21 at 12:20 am

Dodgers and Giants were both idle yesterday (Monday).

Today my team began a series in Colorado. They fell behind at first, took the lead, and the Rocks tied it up again, so Julio Urias had to settle for a no-decision. Not to worry, though; Pujols hit a pinch-hit go-ahead single in the 10th, and LAD prevailed 5-4.

Giants, on the other hand, are tied up with the Pods 5-5 in San Diego as I'm typing this post.

Written By: nally on 09/22/21 at 7:58 pm

Giants, on the other hand, are tied up with the Pods 5-5 in San Diego as I'm typing this post.

Giants scored the goahead run in the top of the 9th on a play at the plate that wasn't successful. :-[

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/23/21 at 3:09 pm

My Chicago White Sox  :-*  just clinched the A.L. Central title with a win over Cleveland.  GO, White Sox!!!  :D  :D  :D

Written By: nally on 09/23/21 at 10:48 pm

My Chicago White Sox  :-*  just clinched the A.L. Central title with a win over Cleveland.  GO, White Sox!!!  :D  :D  :D

Yep, they officially became the first team to clinch a division (that is, be assured of a divisional title). Congratz to them!!! :) O0

Of course, if my team faces them in the World Series, it'll be a rematch of that of 1959 (when LAD came out on top).

Written By: nally on 09/23/21 at 11:02 pm

After the Dodgers lost and the Giants won yesterday, it was the other way around today! (Both teams played daytime games.)

Dodgers battled back against their final strike in Coloradio and eventually won in extra innings, getting Max Scherzer off the hook (he had been in line to lose). And in San Diego, the Padres salvaged a game against the Giants, walking it off in the 10th and denying San Fran their hundredth win.

So once again the Dodgers trail the Gints by a full game. This weekend it's two NL West showdowns with the Dodgers playing at the already-eliminated Demonbacks in Arizona, and the Giants visiting the Rockies in the Milehigh City.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/23/21 at 11:07 pm

After the Dodgers lost and the Giants won yesterday, it was the other way around today! (Both teams played daytime games.)

Dodgers battled back against their final strike in Coloradio and eventually won in extra innings, getting Max Scherzer off the hook (he had been in line to lose). And in San Diego, the Padres salvaged a game against the Giants, walking it off in the 10th and denying San Fran their hundredth win.

So once again the Dodgers trail the Gints by a full game. This weekend it's two NL West showdowns with the Dodgers playing at the already-eliminated Demonbacks in Arizona, and the Giants visiting the Rockies in the Milehigh City.

O0 Nice going, Dodgers!

Written By: nally on 09/23/21 at 11:13 pm

O0 Nice going, Dodgers!

I sure hope they can overtake the Giants and win their ninth divisional title. In order for that to happen, they have to keep winning, and the Giants have to keep losing. The two teams are already assured of winning the NL West title and the upper NL wildcard in some order.

Written By: nally on 09/25/21 at 12:05 am

Of course the Giants got back to their winning ways today, in Coloradio. >:(

But the Dodgers did their part, by winning in Errorzona! :) This gives them 99 wins. Looks like they're gonna have their third hundred-win season in the last five years, and fifth since moving to L.A. (Of course last year, which was a shortened season, they won the equivalent of more than a hundred games.)

Written By: nally on 09/26/21 at 12:52 am

Cardinals made it 15 wins in a row today! :o That's a new record in franchise history, breaking an old mark set 86 years ago, back in 1935.
They haven't lost since the Dodgers beat 'em on the day after Labour Day.

Written By: nally on 09/26/21 at 3:17 pm

Last night the Tampa Ray Bays clinched the AL East division, giving them two consecutive division titles.

'Stros probably next? If they win, and/or the Mariners lose, then the AL West race is over.

Written By: nally on 09/26/21 at 10:45 pm

Today's Dodgers game has been brought to us by the number 100. I'll explain:

Corey Seager hit his 100th career home run today.
Trea Turner hit his 100th career home run as well!
Dodgers ultimately won the game, to give the team its 100th win of the year!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 09/28/21 at 7:46 pm

Today's Dodgers game has been brought to us by the number 100. I'll explain:

Corey Seager hit his 100th career home run today.
Trea Turner hit his 100th career home run as well!
Dodgers ultimately won the game, to give the team its 100th win of the year!

Wow!  That's a lot of 100's!  :o

Written By: nally on 09/28/21 at 10:57 pm

Wow!  That's a lot of 100's!  :o

Yep, that could have been win #103 if they had not blown leads in some of their games from earlier in the season. Then they'd be ahead of the Giants.

Right now they gotta concentrate on winning their remaining games. (And hopefully the Giants will lose some...although since that team is playing the Arizona D'backs, I ain't holding my breath.)

Written By: nally on 09/29/21 at 11:07 pm

Cardinals' winning streak ends at 17. (They were goose-egged by the Brew Crew tonight.) That doesn't matter; they still got the lower NL wildcard spot regardless of what the other teams do.

Written By: nally on 09/29/21 at 11:32 pm

And elsewhere (specifically, out west):

Max Scherzer NOT at his best tonight (this is his final start of the regular season). DUDgers gave up their lead to the Pods, who seem to have the upper hand in the game right now. >:(

Giants winning their game against the Demonbacks.

UGH! https://content.boards.atlantafalcons.com/emoticons/default_emot-bang.gifhttps://content.boards.atlantafalcons.com/emoticons/default_emot-bang.gif

Looks like our team's string of consecutive division titles is going to end this year :-[ (I hope they prove me wrong, but I ain't holdin' my breath at this point)

Written By: nally on 09/30/21 at 11:06 pm

^ I take that back! The Dodgers came from behind to win last night!!! :D :D 8) 8) 8) O0 O0 ;D ;D

They were down 9-5 late in the game, then hit four home runs to tie it up at 9-9. Then a two-run shot made it 11-9; they went on to win by that score! O0

This was reminiscent of a game from 15 years ago this month, also against the Padres... the Dodgers were down 9-5 late in that game, and then four consecutive batters hit home runs to tie it up...and eventually win it in extras, 11-10. Flash forward to this year...and they won in regulation.

Written By: nally on 10/01/21 at 11:27 pm

Two more divisions got clinched last nite...the AL West (Astros) and NL East (Braves).

Dodgers are still hanging on by their fingernails at the NL West race... although tonight it ain't lookin' pretty. :(

Written By: nally on 10/02/21 at 1:19 am

Dodgers are still hanging on by their fingernails at the NL West race... although tonight it ain't lookin' pretty. :(

They overcame a 5-1 deficit with a home run and then scored 3 more... and defeated the Brew Crew 8-6!!!

But the Giants won their game, which means the best we can do now is tie them and play a 163rd game on Monday.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/02/21 at 12:57 pm

^ I take that back! The Dodgers came from behind to win last night!!! :D :D 8) 8) 8) O0 O0 ;D ;D

They were down 9-5 late in the game, then hit four home runs to tie it up at 9-9. Then a two-run shot made it 11-9; they went on to win by that score! O0

This was reminiscent of a game from 15 years ago this month, also against the Padres... the Dodgers were down 9-5 late in that game, and then four consecutive batters hit home runs to tie it up...and eventually win it in extras, 11-10. Flash forward to this year...and they won in regulation.

Cool!  O0

They overcame a 5-1 deficit with a home run and then scored 3 more... and defeated the Brew Crew 8-6!!!

But the Giants won their game, which means the best we can do now is tie them and play a 163rd game on Monday.

* SIGH *  Glad Dodgers can smack the Brew Crew around.

Written By: nally on 10/02/21 at 4:22 pm

Cool!  O0

* SIGH *  Glad Dodgers can smack the Brew Crew around.

That could be an NLCS preview. But only if the Dodgers can get past the Giants.

I ain't holding my breath with regards to the Giants, however. They're playing a day game today, and they already struck first against the Pods.

Let's hope Julio Urias can hold the Brew Crew in check tonight and earn his 20th win this year. (This would be the first 20-game winner for LAD since Curtain Clayshaw in 2014. Speaking of Kersh, he's likely done for the year, because he suffered in an injury in his start last night.)

Written By: nally on 10/02/21 at 4:25 pm

Meanwhile, Tampa Rays defeated the Yankees 12-2 in a matinee game today in the Bronx. This gives the Rays their 100th win of the year; first time in their 24-year franchise history that they've reached the century mark in the win column. That also delays the Yankees in achieving a wildcard berth.

'Tis still possible that four teams -- Yankees, Redsox, Bluejays, and Mariners -- could finish in a four-way tie for the wildcards at 91-71. A recent article on MLB.com has spelled out the plans for that scenario. They'd have to pair up two pairs of teams, and have each of them play a game 163 on Monday. Winners of those games would win the wildcards, and the losers would be done for the year.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/02/21 at 8:42 pm

That could be an NLCS preview. But only if the Dodgers can get past the Giants.

I ain't holding my breath with regards to the Giants, however. They're playing a day game today, and they already struck first against the Pods.

Let's hope Julio Urias can hold the Brew Crew in check tonight and earn his 20th win this year. (This would be the first 20-game winner for LAD since Curtain Clayshaw in 2014. Speaking of Kersh, he's likely done for the year, because he suffered in an injury in his start last night.)

Bad news - sorry to hear that  :(

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/02/21 at 8:49 pm

Last night we had the pleasure of going to the live White Sox game vs. Detroit, and screamed our heads off as the Sox walloped the Tigers 8-1!  :D

Unfortunately, in the 7th inning today the Sox are behind 4-0  :-\\  It may not matter for the AL seeding, as Houston looks to be in line for a win.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/02/21 at 10:13 pm

Unfortunately, in the 7th inning today the Sox are behind 4-0  :-\\  It may not matter for the AL seeding, as Houston looks to be in line for a win.

The White Sox came back to win, 5-4!    :D  Sadly, as Houston went on to win, the Sox are stuck at 3rd seed.  But we're looking playoff ready with these wins!

Written By: nally on 10/03/21 at 1:11 pm

The White Sox came back to win, 5-4!    :D  Sadly, as Houston went on to win, the Sox are stuck at 3rd seed.  But we're looking playoff ready with these wins!

Yep - one half of the ALDS is definitely going to be a 2005 World Series rematch - Whitesox vs Astros. Of course I'm gonna root for the Sox in that half.

The other half will be Tampa Rays vs whoever the AL wildcard winner is. There is still the potential for a 4-way tie among NYY, BOS, SEA and TOR!

Written By: nally on 10/03/21 at 1:12 pm

Bad news - sorry to hear that  :(

Good news: Julio Urias pitched well (despite allowing a run to the Brews in the 1st inning) and his team gave him ample run support... to ultimately give him his 20th win of the season.

And the Padres beat the Gints yesterday afternoon to trim the NL West deficit to 1 game. If the Gints lose again today and the Dodgers win, then there'll be a tie for the division...and a 163rd game tomorrow in San Fran! Go Dodgers!!!

Written By: nally on 10/03/21 at 8:04 pm

Well...there will be no game 163 for any team this year.

Giants won, routing the Padres in San Francisco, ending the Dodgers' streak of consecutive division titles. :-\\ But the Dodgers did their part, defeating the Brew Crew for their 106th win. So the Dodgers will host the Cardinals on Wednesday for the NL Wildcard Game.

Meanwhile, in the American League wildcard race, the Yankees and Redsox each won their respective games, meaning they'll battle in Boston on Tuesday for the right to advance. (Even though the two teams finish with identical records, Boston won the season series from NYY, which is why the Sox will host it.) The Toronto Bluejays won their game, but that didn't matter. Also, the Mariners lost to the Angels, thus extending Seattle's postseason drought to 20 years. :(

Written By: nally on 10/05/21 at 10:32 pm

American League Wild Card:

Boston Red Sox have defeated the New York Yankees, 6-2, to advance to the ALDS against the Tampa Bay Rays!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/05/21 at 10:41 pm

American League Wild Card:

Boston Red Sox have defeated the New York Yankees, 6-2, to advance to the ALDS against the Tampa Bay Rays!

O0

Written By: nally on 10/05/21 at 10:48 pm

O0

Let's hope the Dodgers can emerge victorious tomorrow when they host the Cardinals. Winner goes to play the Giants.

I hope it's the Dodgers, but if they lose, then I will root for the Cardinals to defeat the Giants. Only because I don't wanna see the Giants advance.
Of course, the Cardinals have had their postseason woes against the Giants three times over the last 20 years; namely in 2002, 2012, and 2014 - all in the NLCS. And as a Dodgers fan I must root against the Giants. (However, I made an exception in 2002 and 2010 when they faced the Braves in the NLDS both years. I didn't want the Braves and their Tomohawk Chant moving on.)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/05/21 at 10:50 pm

Let's hope the Dodgers can emerge victorious tomorrow when they host the Cardinals. Winner goes to play the Giants.

GO, Dodgers!!!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/06/21 at 11:28 pm

GO, Dodgers!!!

WOW!!!  Just as the Dodgers' game looked to go extra innings, Chris Taylor hit a 2-run walk off HR!  :D

Isn't baseball grand sometimes?

Written By: nally on 10/07/21 at 12:17 am

WOW!!!  Just as the Dodgers' game looked to go extra innings, Chris Taylor hit a 2-run walk off HR!  :D

Isn't baseball grand sometimes?

I saw the game too! I was nervously hoping for something grand to happen. And I'm glad it did.

Of course at the beginning, Scherzer was not on his game, as he gave up an earned run in the 1st and LAD remained scoreless until Justin Turner hit a solo shot to put us on the board.

Dodgers are still unbeaten in games started by Scherzer as a member of the team.

Written By: nally on 10/07/21 at 7:33 pm

Game One of the first ALDS is in the books; Astros defeat Whitesox. :(

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/07/21 at 8:37 pm

Game One of the first ALDS is in the books; Astros defeat Whitesox. :(

It was pretty bad  :-\\

Written By: nally on 10/07/21 at 10:30 pm

Tampa Rays win Game One of their ALDS; they hand the Redsox a goose-egg, winning 5-zip.

Tomorrow the NLDSes start... go Dodgers!!

Written By: nally on 10/08/21 at 8:33 pm

Astros won Game Two today, which means it's do-or-die for the Whitesox come Sunday.

And the Brewers took care of the Braves in Game One of their NLDS.

Dodgers and Giants play their first postseason game together pretty soon!!! :D

Written By: nally on 10/08/21 at 11:54 pm

...and the Dodgers did not do so well against the Giants and that team's ace pitcher. They couldn't score one lousy run tonight. :-[

But in the other game today, the Boston Redsox evened up their ALDS against the Tampa Rays by defeating them 14-6. So we know that one Game Four will be necessary.

Written By: nally on 10/10/21 at 12:33 am

Both NLDSes will require a Game Four come Tuesday.

Atlanta Knaves evened up their NLDS by blanking the Brew Crew in Milwaukee, 3-zip.

And the Dodgers gave their ace Julio Urias some much-needed run support in a 9-2 rout of the Giants up north! :) O0

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/10/21 at 2:47 pm

...And the Dodgers gave their ace Julio Urias some much-needed run support in a 9-2 rout of the Giants up north! :) O0

O0 There's some good news on your end, at least.

Written By: nally on 10/10/21 at 9:46 pm

O0 There's some good news on your end, at least.

Yeah! And the Dodgers go to their home stadium with a chance to take control of the series! Game Three is tomorrow evening.

Written By: nally on 10/10/21 at 9:48 pm

Boston Redsox win Game Three in the 13th inning, on a walkoff two-run homer by Cristian Vazquez!

And the Whitesox were taking a lead against the Stros in Chi-Town not too long ago. Let's hope they pull it out and stay alive for another game.

I'd like to see a "Battle of the Soxes" ALCS.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/10/21 at 11:41 pm

Boston Redsox win Game Three in the 13th inning, on a walkoff two-run homer by Cristian Vazquez!

And the Whitesox were taking a lead against the Stros in Chi-Town not too long ago. Let's hope they pull it out and stay alive for another game.

I'd like to see a "Battle of the Soxes" ALCS.

White Sox finally take one, 12-6!  :D  So exciting!

The best part is, we get to actually GO to the game tomorrow!  WOO-HOO!!!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/11/21 at 2:22 pm

Except it was cancelled today due to thunderstorms.  :-\\

We get to go tomorrow instead.  (Had to move a few appointments around, but oh well.)

Written By: nally on 10/11/21 at 7:53 pm

White Sox finally take one, 12-6!  :D  So exciting!

Yeah, I was glad to see them go on a wild scoring spree. O0

Except it was cancelled today due to thunderstorms.  :-\\

We get to go tomorrow instead.  (Had to move a few appointments around, but oh well.)

Silly rain. Let's hope the forecast doesn't have anything more to preempt the game.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/11/21 at 8:55 pm

Silly rain. Let's hope the forecast doesn't have anything more to preempt the game.

Tomorrow's forecast is a lot better - rain not likely (it did rain heavily today) but it might be cooler.  I don't mind; will have to dress the part though.

Hubby and I were en route to the game (for 30+ minutes) as it was announced on the radio about the cancellation (although we were wondering).  We turned around and drove another 30+ minutes back home.  The bad part is, hubby took off from work today and now has to take off tomorrow too.  :-\\

Regardless - of the dozens of MLB games I've attended in my life, this will be my first ever live playoff game.  So excited!!!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/11/21 at 9:39 pm

Boston just won their ALDS series against the Rays - they won with a sac fly in bottom of the 9th - WOW!!!

Written By: nally on 10/11/21 at 10:53 pm

Boston just won their ALDS series against the Rays - they won with a sac fly in bottom of the 9th - WOW!!!

I happened to see that - congratz to the Redsox!! O0 And the hero was ex-Dodger Kike Hernandez!!

Now I definitely want to see a "Battle of the Soxes" ALCS. ;)

Written By: nally on 10/11/21 at 11:02 pm

On the National League Side, the Knaves blanked the Brew Crew again, this time in Atlanta.

And the Dodgers' game isn't looking too great right now. My team didn't score when it had the chance to (after scoring a whole buncha runs the other night). Let's hope things change. (Max Scherzer's unbeatenness as a Dodger may come to an end (as would the team's record in games started by him).)

Written By: nally on 10/11/21 at 11:03 pm

Regardless - of the dozens of MLB games I've attended in my life, this will be my first ever live playoff game.  So excited!!!

By the way, I have never attended a postseason game myself. I think the ticket prices tend to be worth way more than those of the regular season.

Written By: nally on 10/12/21 at 8:14 pm

And the Dodgers' game isn't looking too great right now. My team didn't score when it had the chance to (after scoring a whole buncha runs the other night). Let's hope things change. (Max Scherzer's unbeatenness as a Dodger may come to an end (as would the team's record in games started by him).)

They didn't score at all. :-[ :\'(

#DodgerBlues

Written By: nally on 10/12/21 at 8:15 pm

Tomorrow's forecast is a lot better - rain not likely (it did rain heavily today) but it might be cooler.  I don't mind; will have to dress the part though.

Hubby and I were en route to the game (for 30+ minutes) as it was announced on the radio about the cancellation (although we were wondering).  We turned around and drove another 30+ minutes back home.  The bad part is, hubby took off from work today and now has to take off tomorrow too.  :-\\

I'm going to assume you didn't enjoy the game. :(

So I'll be rooting for the Redsox in the ALCS.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/12/21 at 9:59 pm

By the way, I have never attended a postseason game myself. I think the ticket prices tend to be worth way more than those of the regular season.

I got the tickets online immediately when they were offered, few were left.  We usually get seats in a near behind the plate section for regular games, their price varies but hovers around $60 apiece.  The price we paid for the ALCS tickets was roughly in that price neighborhood, except we were in the "nosebleed" upper deck corner seats (usually very cheap - and incidentally, that's all that was available when I got my turn).  Nonetheless, we loved being there.

I'm going to assume you didn't enjoy the game. :(

We're glad we went.  We enjoyed the first four-ish innings of the game - the energy was incredible!  Once it got to around 5-1, fun turned to anxiety.  Eventually all the energy left the room, and the end of the game was quite sad.  (Adding insult to injury, the drive home was pretty awful.)  But we'd do it again.

So I'll be rooting for the Redsox in the ALCS.

O0 Sounds like a plan!

Written By: nally on 10/12/21 at 11:07 pm

I got the tickets online immediately when they were offered, few were left.  We usually get seats in a near behind the plate section for regular games, their price varies but hovers around $60 apiece.  The price we paid for the ALCS tickets was roughly in that price neighborhood, except we were in the "nosebleed" upper deck corner seats (usually very cheap - and incidentally, that's all that was available when I got my turn).  Nonetheless, we loved being there.

That's good. Often times when I've gone to Dodgers games and they've lost, I've still enjoyed being there.

We're glad we went.  We enjoyed the first four-ish innings of the game - the energy was incredible!  Once it got to around 5-1, fun turned to anxiety.  Eventually all the energy left the room, and the end of the game was quite sad.  (Adding insult to injury, the drive home was pretty awful.)  But we'd do it again.

Yeah. I can totally understand that.

O0 Sounds like a plan!

Yup - this is the Asstros' fifth straight ALCS appearance, all against AL East teams. (I also realised this will be a rematch of that of 2018.) Go Redsox! (I also intend to root for Boston in the World Series if the Dodgers don't get there.)

Written By: nally on 10/12/21 at 11:32 pm

Anyhoo, Dodgers are doing their best to make Game Five necessary on Thursday night in SF...and if they do, it'll be the only Game Five in the LDS this year. On last look, they were leading 5-1 in the 8th.

Lemme tell you this: whichever team wins this series, I will root for that team in the NLCS (even if it's the Giants). Why? Because the Atlanta Knaves finished off the Brew Crew in their half of the NLDS earlier today. And I don't like to cheer for the Braves because of their Tomohawk Chant. But I will still cheer for the Redsox in the ALCS because I don't want the Houston Cheaters getting to the World Series.

Written By: nally on 10/12/21 at 11:36 pm

Anyhoo, Dodgers are doing their best to make Game Five necessary on Thursday night in SF...and if they do, it'll be the only Game Five in the LDS this year. On last look, they were leading 5-1 in the 8th.

Make that 5-2.

Not to worry, in the bottom of the 8th, Will Smith has just hit a 2-run shot to make it 7-2! :) :D Looks like Game Five is highly likely to be necessary!! (Dodgers will likely start Urias, who has clearly been their ace this year.)

Written By: nally on 10/13/21 at 1:08 am

Dodgers hung on to win it, 7-2! Now they will go back to SF for Game Five on Thursday!!

If they win, then the NLCS will begin in Atlanta on Saturday because even though the Dodgers had a better regular season record than the Bravos, the Bravos were a division winner, whereas the Dodgers were not.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/14/21 at 11:40 pm

WOW!!!  The Dodgers take game 5 - the Dodgers go on to win the series!!!  WOW!!!  :D

Congrats, Dodgers!!!  On to the NLCS -

The last pitch was a bit controversial...

Written By: nally on 10/15/21 at 12:39 am

WOW!!!  The Dodgers take game 5 - the Dodgers go on to win the series!!!  WOW!!!  :D

Congrats, Dodgers!!!  On to the NLCS -

The last pitch was a bit controversial...

Yes, it was a check swing, which the 1st base umpire reacted to affirmatively. But the Dodgers got it done against their storied rivals the Giants!!

Also I was surprised to hear that Urias wasn't gonna start; rather the team used an "opener" named Corey Knebel, and brought Urias on in the 3rd inning.

So the NLCS will be a rematch of last year's. I hope my team prevails again!

Written By: ac01c9e17 on 10/15/21 at 3:33 pm

Go Braves!!! HATE the Dodgers.

How nice will it be to avenge ourselves against Los Angeles after last year???

Written By: nally on 10/15/21 at 10:49 pm

^ You are certainly entitled to your opinion. But I am a diehard Dodgers fan because I have always rooted for my local teams in all pro sports.

Let's just wish both teams good luck.

Written By: ac01c9e17 on 10/15/21 at 10:58 pm

^ You are certainly entitled to your opinion. But I am a diehard Dodgers fan because I have always rooted for my local teams in all pro sports.

Let's just wish both teams good luck.

I mean I don’t HATE HATE the Dodgers, I just don’t like my Braves getting beat and overshadowed by them.

But if the Dodgers end up winning, I will root for them over EITHER the Red Sox or Astros.

Written By: nally on 10/15/21 at 11:07 pm

I mean I don’t HATE HATE the Dodgers, I just don’t like my Braves getting beat and overshadowed by them.

But if the Dodgers end up winning, I will root for them over EITHER the Red Sox or Astros.

Fair enough.

However, the Bravos did win it all, back in 1995, but that was 26 years ago already.

My LAD team went longer than that. After their 1988 title, it took 32 years for them to finally win it all again.

Written By: nally on 10/15/21 at 11:38 pm

ALCS Game One wasn't looking too good in the 8th inning.

Boston took an early 3-1 lead, but it was erased in the 6th inning, courtesy of Jose Altuve who hit a 2-run blast to tie it. And an inning later, the Stros scored a run to take the lead. And they were still leading 4-3 in the 8th. It might be over by now?

Written By: nally on 10/16/21 at 11:02 am

...yup, Houston won it 5-4. In the bottom of the 8th, they were already leading 4-3, but tacked on an insurance run, then the Sox answered with a lone run in the top of the 9th, and that was all.

Written By: nally on 10/16/21 at 10:27 pm

ALCS Game Two: Redsox dominate with a pair of grand slams early in the game, plus a solo shot later on by ex-Dodger Kike Hernandez. They won it 9-5 to even up the series at a game apiece.

NLCS Game One: Not looking so good for my team in the 9th. :-\\

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/16/21 at 11:29 pm

NLCS Game One: Not looking so good for my team in the 9th. :-\\

Atlanta took game one.  Bummer.  :(

Written By: nally on 10/17/21 at 11:23 am

Atlanta took game one.  Bummer.  :(

I strongly agree.

Hopefully LAD will do better tonight in Game Two, and then win the games they play on their home field.

Written By: nally on 10/18/21 at 10:49 pm

I didn't come on last night to update this thread because I was so annoyed by the Dudgers' game. They made some serious mistakes late in the game, like not capitalizing on scoring opportunities, and bringing in Urias (their top starter this year) in the 7th inning; he ended up giving away the game to the Atlanta Knaves and putting the team into a 2-zip hole. >:(

Last year, LAD was down 2 games to none in the NLCS, but they made a successful comeback. I hope they can do that again this year: win tomorrow night on their home field, and then make games 5 and 6 necessary.

Written By: nally on 10/18/21 at 10:49 pm

Meanwhile, Redsox take a series lead with another big scoring outburst!! :D :D They scored 6 in the 2nd inning, which included another grand slam. Final score was 12-3.

Written By: ac01c9e17 on 10/18/21 at 11:10 pm

I didn't come on last night to update this thread because I was so annoyed by the Dudgers' game. They made some serious mistakes late in the game, like not capitalizing on scoring opportunities, and bringing in Urias (their top starter this year) in the 7th inning; he ended up giving away the game to the Atlanta Knaves and putting the team into a 2-zip hole. >:(

Last year, LAD was down 2 games to none in the NLCS, but they made a successful comeback. I hope they can do that again this year: win tomorrow night on their home field, and then make games 5 and 6 necessary.

As a Atlanta fan, I’m not getting cocky and as the great Yogi Berra once said: “It ain’t over til it’s over.”

I know the Braves were in this exact same position in last years’ NLCS and there have been plenty of times in the past when Atlanta’s teams made me think we are going to go all the way…only for them to find a way to crush my heart again.

Written By: nally on 10/18/21 at 11:14 pm

As a Atlanta fan, I’m not getting cocky and as the great Yogi Berra once said: “It ain’t over til it’s over.”

And he was absolutely correct. (Years later, in 1991, Lenny Kravitz scored a big hit with that title.)

I know the Braves were in this exact same position in last years’ NLCS and there have been plenty of times in the past when Atlanta’s teams made me think we are going to go all the way…only for them to find a way to crush my heart again.

We'll see what happens. Unfortunately for me, I won't be able to see the game in realtime because it starts in the afternoon here, while I'm at work. And it may or may not be over with by the time I get home. Good luck to your guys, and good luck to my team as well.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/19/21 at 10:00 pm

O0 LAD prevailed today in the NLCS!  Way to go Dodgers!

Written By: nally on 10/19/21 at 11:02 pm

O0 LAD prevailed today in the NLCS!  Way to go Dodgers!

Yes!!!

I was worried that they were gonna go down three-O, but I'm glad they came through in the 8th! A game-tying 3-run homerun from Bellinger, followed by a stolen base from Chris Taylor, then Betts knocking him in to take the lead, that certainly put the team back in the series. Plus Kenly Jansen striking out the final three batters, that sealed the deal.

Written By: nally on 10/19/21 at 11:26 pm

Meanwhile in the ALCS, it looks like the Redsox' quest for a 3-games-to-1 advantage is gonna be averted. :-\\ Houston Asstros took the lead in the 9th (with Nate Eovaldi pitching in relief - another surprise move IMO), and if they hung on to win, the series will need to be carried back to H-town.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/20/21 at 2:07 pm

Meanwhile in the ALCS, it looks like the Redsox' quest for a 3-games-to-1 advantage is gonna be averted. :-\\ Houston Asstros took the lead in the 9th (with Nate Eovaldi pitching in relief - another surprise move IMO), and if they hung on to win, the series will need to be carried back to H-town.

Bummer  :-\\

Written By: nally on 10/20/21 at 10:25 pm

Bummer  :-\\

And now the Sox are facing elimination :-[

And my team is getting knocked around tonight. >:(

I do NOT want a Braves-Astros series.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/20/21 at 11:14 pm

And now the Sox are facing elimination :-[

And my team is getting knocked around tonight. >:(

UGH!!!  Me neither  :(

Written By: nally on 10/21/21 at 8:35 pm

Right now my beloved Dodger team is doing all they can to stave off elimination. They were in this exact spot entering Game Five of the NLCS last year. But other circumstances were different.

Of course, some of their key players this year are unable to play, such as Kershaw and Muncy...and now Justin Turner (who got hurt in last nite's game)...can the team pull through without these guys??

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/21/21 at 10:43 pm

Right now my beloved Dodger team is doing all they can to stave off elimination.

O0 They staved off elimination tonite in grand fashion!

Written By: nally on 10/21/21 at 11:50 pm

O0 They staved off elimination tonite in grand fashion!

Yes, I saw. And I'm glad I did!!! O0

Chris Taylor hit three home runs, and AJ Pollock got in on the action too by hitting a 3-run shot to show that the team means business!! They ended up scoring 11 unanswered runs! O0 :D 8)

And now they go back to Atlanta to try to prevent the Knaves from going to the World Series for the first time since 1999. I hope LAD can prevail! Game Six is on Saturday.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/22/21 at 10:40 pm

UGH - Houston won the ALCS  >:(  Not happy, but what can I do?

Written By: nally on 10/22/21 at 10:50 pm

UGH - Houston won the ALCS  >:(  Not happy, but what can I do?

I'm with you. >:(

Now I'm gonna have to hope for a 2017 WS rematch, with my beloved Dodgers team getting their revenge.

Written By: Indy Gent on 10/23/21 at 1:47 am

And I do not want the Astros to cheat and win the Series. I hope homever wins the NL Pennant beats the Astros. I do expect another Atlanta choke job, so the Dodgers should win Games 6 and 7 rather easily, even though both games a in Atlanta.

Written By: nally on 10/23/21 at 11:26 am

And I do not want the Astros to cheat and win the Series. I hope homever wins the NL Pennant beats the Astros.

Yes. If it's the Knaves, then I will decide not to watch any part of it. (I have stated time and again that I detest the Tomohawk Chant.) The last time I refused to watch any of the World Series was 1999, when it was Braves vs Yankees. However, if that matchup comes to fruition again I would root for NYY.

I do expect another Atlanta choke job, so the Dodgers should win Games 6 and 7 rather easily, even though both games a in Atlanta.

Let's keep our fingers crossed. However, Max Scherzer was scratched from his start tonight because of soreness...which means LAD will need to either (1) start Buehler on three days rest, or (2) do another bullpen game. But they've just lost another pitcher to injury, Joe Kelly. So their pitching has been decimated. If they get to the WS, I hope they find ways to pull through.

Written By: nally on 10/23/21 at 10:51 pm

And I think it's all over for my beloved team... :\'( :-[ :(

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/23/21 at 11:10 pm

And I think it's all over for my beloved team... :\'( :-

Sadly, that's what's ahead of us - what's worse is, Houston has home field advantage  :-\\

Written By: nally on 10/23/21 at 11:17 pm

^ I thought so. (At least we won't hear the tomohawk chant there.)

For the first time since 1999, this will be one WS that I won't watch any part of. (However, I will secretly hope for atl to win. They last won it all in 1995.)

I bet my Facebook friends are all upset/dispirited about the team too.

Written By: nally on 10/24/21 at 6:23 pm

I think one of the main things that cost the Dodgers a pennant this year was their injuries. Plus the unmethodical use of their pitchers.

And it's anyone's guess as to whether some of their notable key players are gonna continue to play for the team in 2022, due to free agency. This includes Kershaw, Seager, Chris Taylor, and Kenly Jansen. I'd like to see all those guys come back. Scherzer, I think, is also a Free Agent this upcoming offseason. So is Albert Pujols, whom the team picked up in May (I think he wants to play next year, but it's anyone's guess as to what team he'll sign with).

Written By: nally on 10/25/21 at 12:00 am

And now I must say, good luck to your team!

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/25/21 at 10:33 am

And now I must say, good luck to your team!

I'll pull for the Braves in the World Series too.  Good luck Braves!

Written By: nally on 10/25/21 at 7:56 pm

I'll pull for the Braves in the World Series too.  Good luck Braves!

I am leaning towards cheering for them too (even though I detest the tomohawk chant). (I think most Dodger fans probably will root for 'em too. One of my friends on Facebook, who is a diehard Dodgers fan, says she'll do so.) But I still won't watch it.

Written By: nally on 10/26/21 at 10:49 pm

I'm not watching the game, of course... but I did actually sneak a look at it, both on TV and on my MLB app. Braves were leading 5-1 in the 6th inning on last look. However, starting pitcher Charlie Moron (pitching against one of his former teams) only lasted 2 1/3 innings due to injury, so he won't be pitching in any future games this WS. Let's hope for the best.

Written By: nally on 10/26/21 at 10:56 pm

Update: Knaves still lead 6-2, bottom of the 8th.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/26/21 at 11:19 pm

Update: Knaves still lead 6-2, bottom of the 8th.

Atlanta holds on to win at this score!  Good, but sadly their starting pitcher was injured with a broken leg.

Written By: nally on 10/26/21 at 11:47 pm

Atlanta holds on to win at this score!  Good, but sadly their starting pitcher was injured with a broken leg.

Yes, good for them indeed! This is their first time winning a World Series game in 25 years. (The last WS game they won was Game Two of the 1996 series, also as a visiting team...against the Yankees.)

Someone'll need to replace Charlie Moron on the roster, especially if the series goes to a Game Five.

Written By: nally on 10/27/21 at 11:04 pm

Astros strike back in Game Two.

This means there'll be three games in Atlanta, starting on Friday night.

Written By: nally on 10/29/21 at 11:34 pm

World Series Game Three: Braves hand the Asstros a goose-egg.

Atlanta pitching actually had a no-hit bid going through 7 innings, but then in the 8th the Stros broke it up...and said runner got to third base, but they were able to get out of it.

One other note...this is the Braves' first time winning a home game in a World Series since 1995 when they won Game Six to win it all. (Tom Glavine and company were responsible for that victory.) (In 1996 they won Games 1 and 2 at Old Yankee Stadium, then dropped three straight on their home turf. And in 1999 they were swept by the Yankees in the only World Series ever to be played at Turner Field.)

Written By: nally on 10/31/21 at 10:57 am

Braves came from behind to win Game Four, by a score of 3-2. So they now lead 3 games to 1!! O0

If they win tonight, then it's over, and it'll be the second WS title brought to the city of Atlanta.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 10/31/21 at 7:39 pm

Wow - Adam Duvall hits a granny in inning 1, putting the Braves up 4-0.  :o  It's early - but that puts the Astros in quite a hole...

Written By: nally on 10/31/21 at 9:31 pm

Wow - Adam Duvall hits a granny in inning 1, putting the Braves up 4-0.  :o  It's early - but that puts the Astros in quite a hole...

Maybe so, but it wasn't insurmountable. Asstros just pulled ahead. I hope the Braves can retake the lead!

Written By: Indy Gent on 11/01/21 at 12:26 am

Hate to say I told you so but...the state of Georgia is snakebit. The Astros came back from 4-0 to beat the Braves 9-5. That forces a Game 6, back in Houston where means the 'stros have a great shot in winning the Series. The Braves have already lost 1 starter, who was their best pitcher. Cheaters or not, Houston seems to rally around Dusty Baker.

Written By: nally on 11/01/21 at 12:43 am

Yup, those Asstros made it necessary to carry the series back to Houston.

Their "best starter" as mentioned in the above post is Charlie Moron, who did well this year until Game One when he had to come out with an injury.

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/01/21 at 9:30 am

Maybe so, but it wasn't insurmountable. Asstros just pulled ahead. I hope the Braves can retake the lead!

Yup, those Asstros made it necessary to carry the series back to Houston.

>:(  >:(  >:(  That Houston stadium is a hot mess.  I hope the Braves can pull it out, but my expectations are now low.

Written By: nally on 11/01/21 at 9:49 pm

>:(  >:(  >:(  That Houston stadium is a hot mess.  I hope the Braves can pull it out, but my expectations are now low.

At least they won Game One there, in spite of Charlie Morton's injury. (I really hoped he could beat one of his former teams.)

Written By: AmericanGirl on 11/02/21 at 10:35 pm

I stand corrected - the Braves were up to the challenge!

Atlanta Braves are new World Champions!  :D  Congrats Atlanta Braves!!!

Written By: nally on 11/02/21 at 11:09 pm

I stand corrected - the Braves were up to the challenge!

I am so glad that they were! Starter Max Fried went 6 strong innings without allowing a run, plus the bats went wild with home runs. And the Stros were kept off the board the whole game.

Atlanta Braves are new World Champions!  :D  Congrats Atlanta Braves!!!

That's right! O0 And it's their first title in 26 years, and the second-ever title for the city of Atlanta. (The franchise has two other titles: one in Boston, and one in Milwaukee.)

One other note: it's the first time since 2010 through 2012 that the National League has won a World Series in three straight years. (Those early 2010s winners were the Giants, Cardinals, and Giants again.) And from 2019 onward, the winners are the Nationals, Dodgers, and now the Braves.

Brian Stinker, the manager, has become the second-oldest manager to win a World Series title for the very first time in his managerial career, at just over 66 years of age. (The oldest manager to finally win a title was Jack McKeon, who was 72 when he guided the 2003 Miami Marlins to the title.)

Written By: mqg96 on 11/02/21 at 11:48 pm

I am so glad that they were! Starter Max Fried went 6 strong innings without allowing a run, plus the bats went wild with home runs. And the Stros were kept off the board the whole game.

That's right! O0 And it's their first title in 26 years, and the second-ever title for the city of Atlanta. (The franchise has two other titles: one in Boston, and one in Milwaukee.)

One other note: it's the first time since 2010 through 2012 that the National League has won a World Series in three straight years. (Those early 2010s winners were the Giants, Cardinals, and Giants again.)

Brian Stinker, the manager, has become the second-oldest manager to win a World Series title for the very first time in his managerial career, at just over 66 years of age. (The oldest manager to finally win a title was Jack McKeon, who was 72 when he guided the 2003 Miami Marlins to the title.)

It does feel great!!! I had to come back for this moment! As a fan of Georgia and Atlanta sports my whole life!!! It has finally happened since I've been alive! I have witnessed a championship from one of my favorite teams! Emotional feeling right now!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FDPbh3iXsAQ-jTi?format=jpg&name=large

Written By: Eazy-EMAN1995 on 12/28/21 at 12:52 am

It does feel great!!! I had to come back for this moment! As a fan of Georgia and Atlanta sports my whole life!!! It has finally happened since I've been alive! I have witnessed a championship from one of my favorite teams! Emotional feeling right now!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FDPbh3iXsAQ-jTi?format=jpg&name=large

Dude, you were the first person I Thought about Marquis!  ;D ;) Congrats!!👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾😇 Now ya know how I felt when the blues won the Cup!!

Check for new replies or respond here...