inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Class for the Romantically Disadvantaged

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/15/06 at 12:23 am

;D

Clever title, isn't it?

I was hoping that certain members *cough*Albert of the north*cough* could perhaps "guide" those of us who feel completely lost at the idea of dating and picking up women.

Subject: Re: Class for the Romantically Disadvantaged

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/15/06 at 2:04 am

The thing you probably need to figure out first is "How to break the ice" because it's there, the ice I mean, and it can be a difficult thing spewing out that first line, comment. Did you see Weekend at Bernies when Jonathan Silverman's character wants to meet and date this cute temp co-worker and his friend Andrew McCarthy's character forces him to approach her and in total awkwardness he breaks the ice to her with this gem " I have a very sick aunt"  I laugh my _ss off on when I see that scene, but you can also feel his pain. Work on breaking the ice. Be smooth, don't try too hard, and don't panic if you get no response, big deal. You're El_Duderino, young suave playboy in training.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/15/06 at 7:08 am

;D

Clever title, isn't it?

I was hoping that certain members *cough*Albert of the north*cough* could perhaps "guide" those of us who feel completely lost at the idea of dating and picking up women.

Now don't you think that maybe, just maybe, women would be better able to answer that question  ::) .  First of course we have to know
if it is quality or quantity you are looking for

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/15/06 at 9:24 am

I've think I've heard enough 'tips', just need a few confidence boosters on making the first mood. If it weren't for INTERNET dating, then I wouldn't have any chance...lol

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/15/06 at 10:20 am

First rule is be yourself and be HONEST!!!  Don't ask some chick if they want to take a trip on your yatch if you don't have one. Women also love romance. Roses are nice but they can also cost quite a bit so keep things within your budget. The easist thing in my book (and the cheapest) is dancing. Most women (yes, there are exceptions) love to have a guy ask them to dance. It doesn't have to be anything spectacular-a slow dance or just get out there and move (steps don't really matter). But, if you really want to WOW her, learn how to waltz (if you don't know already). It is a simple dance, believe it or not but it is, to me anyway, very romantic.

Cat

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/15/06 at 12:12 pm

women like down to earth guys who can carry on good conversations and make them laugh.  I remember back in the day when I had different male friends/dating...whatever, the best thing about it was the lengthy and interesting conversations that we had. It never has to be extravagant.....just a coffee date over conversation is sometimes a very nice time. ;)

Written By: La Roche on 03/15/06 at 12:17 pm

Ok, after zinging you the other day I owe you one.

Forget the bullsheesh lines, they don't work, trust me.

Your best bet is to make witty comments and put others down. If you look better than everyone else in comparison then you're gonna be top dog dude.

Written By: KKay on 03/15/06 at 12:19 pm

Your best bet is to make witty comments and put others down. If you look better than everyone else in comparison then you're gonna be top dog dude.

Its true. That's why I like him^.

Lines NEVER WORK!!!!
Girls KNOW EVERYTHING!!!!

Written By: danootaandme on 03/15/06 at 12:41 pm

You don't have look like an Adonis, but it helps to have clean clothes, combed hair, and table manners.

Written By: La Roche on 03/15/06 at 12:47 pm

Its true. That's why I like him^.

Lines NEVER WORK!!!!
Girls KNOW EVERYTHING!!!!

Except to not leave their drink alone, eh  ;)

Written By: KKay on 03/15/06 at 1:05 pm

Except to not leave their drink alone, eh  ;)

WE'll disucss THAT later.

Table manners is very important. So is maintaining conversation.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/15/06 at 1:59 pm

;D

Clever title, isn't it?

I don't know where to begin. I guess I should be completely honest and let you know that although I'd had occasional success with women going back to high school, I didn't really begin to figure it out until a couple years ago. I'm still in the learning process myself, but I also feel like I've been on one hell of a learning curve.
   What I figured out is this: It has very little do do with "technique" or "lines" and has everything to do with attitude. And if you get the right attitude, it becomes so easy that THEY'LL pick YOU up.  I guess I could liken it to tuning your brain to just the right frequency or something.
And the key to this attitude is confidence. But to gain confidence maybe you might want to forget about the ladies for a bit and focus on yourself. The best way for you to gain confidence is to challenge yourself--to get outside of your "comfort zone" and test yourself a bit. Work on improving whatever it is about yourself that is holding back your inner Dude.

Any questions? PM me any time you like.  (AIM: ALBinKC)

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/15/06 at 2:35 pm

Now that I think about it, I have a question for our female members:  When you think a guy is "cute," are you referring strictly to his physical appearance, or does this a lot to do with his personality as well?

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/15/06 at 2:43 pm

Now that I think about it, I have a question for our female members:  When you think a guy is "cute," are you referring strictly to his physical appearance, or does this a lot to do with his personality as well?

For me, without knowing the guy it would be physical appearances alone. I knew this guy who I thought was "cute" until he opened his mouth. ::)  However, when I say a guy is cute whom I have known for a bit-then his personality comes into play BIG TIME!

Cat

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/15/06 at 2:53 pm

The thing you probably need to figure out first is "How to break the ice" because it's there, the ice I mean, and it can be a difficult thing spewing out that first line, comment. Did you see Weekend at Bernies when Jonathan Silverman's character wants to meet and date this cute temp co-worker and his friend Andrew McCarthy's character forces him to approach her and in total awkwardness he breaks the ice to her with this gem " I have a very sick aunt"  I laugh my _ss off on when I see that scene, but you can also feel his pain. Work on breaking the ice. Be smooth, don't try too hard, and don't panic if you get no response, big deal. You're El_Duderino, young suave playboy in training.

I've been debating using the line "Hi, I'm kind of a big deal" like Anchorman. ;D It's very funny when delivered right.  I think one way to make women laugh and make them feel comfortable was if I came across as very confident, perhaps a little too confident for my own good but not to the point of being dislikeable and arrogant, you know?

Now don't you think that maybe, just maybe, women would be better able to answer that question  ::) .  First of course we have to know
if it is quality or quantity you are looking for

Haha, good point.  Quality or quantity.. hmm,  either way I guess.  If I meet somebody I really, really like that's cool but I don't expect or demand it.  If all I have are more casual kind of dates for awhile that's okay.  If that is what you mean.  ???

First rule is be yourself and be HONEST!!!  Don't ask some chick if they want to take a trip on your yatch if you don't have one. Women also love romance. Roses are nice but they can also cost quite a bit so keep things within your budget. The easist thing in my book (and the cheapest) is dancing. Most women (yes, there are exceptions) love to have a guy ask them to dance. It doesn't have to be anything spectacular-a slow dance or just get out there and move (steps don't really matter). But, if you really want to WOW her, learn how to waltz (if you don't know already). It is a simple dance, believe it or not but it is, to me anyway, very romantic.

Cat

Thank you-that's good advice.  I've heard before one of the best things to do is to learn to dance.  Also if I took lessons maybe that would be a good way to meet women as well. 

women like down to earth guys who can carry on good conversations and make them laugh.  I remember back in the day when I had different male friends/dating...whatever, the best thing about it was the lengthy and interesting conversations that we had. It never has to be extravagant.....just a coffee date over conversation is sometimes a very nice time. ;)

Yeah, keep it casual.  That's good..

Yes that certainly seems to work for a lot of guys. 

You don't have look like an Adonis, but it helps to have clean clothes, combed hair, and table manners.

Gotcha. :)  I have good hygiene and all of that, so I think I have it covered..

WE'll disucss THAT later.

Table manners is very important. So is maintaining conversation.

Maintaining a conversation seems like the hardest part out of all of it. 

I don't know where to begin. I guess I should be completely honest and let you know that although I'd had occasional success with women going back to high school, I didn't really begin to figure it out until a couple years ago. I'm still in the learning process myself, but I also feel like I've been on one hell of a learning curve.
  What I figured out is this: It has very little do do with "technique" or "lines" and has everything to do with attitude. And if you get the right attitude, it becomes so easy that THEY'LL pick YOU up.  I guess I could liken it to tuning your brain to just the right frequency or something.
And the key to this attitude is confidence. But to gain confidence maybe you might want to forget about the ladies for a bit and focus on yourself. The best way for you to gain confidence is to challenge yourself--to get outside of your "comfort zone" and test yourself a bit. Work on improving whatever it is about yourself that is holding back your inner Dude.

Any questions? PM me any time you like.  (AIM: ALBinKC)

Yeah I was reading about that on the website you showed me,  SoSuave.com.  They call it the "cocky/funny" attitude I think..

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/15/06 at 3:21 pm

For me, without knowing the guy it would be physical appearances alone. I knew this guy who I thought was "cute" until he opened his mouth. ::)  However, when I say a guy is cute whom I have known for a bit-then his personality comes into play BIG TIME!

Cat
What about the flip side of the equation: How about if you meet a guy who may be average-looking at best yet he turns out to have a very charming personality?

Also, I don't mean to disparage your advice in any way, but I feel I have to clarify a few things in your previous post:
First rule is be yourself and be HONEST!!!  Don't ask some chick if they want to take a trip on your yatch if you don't have one.
There are many cases where honesty is not the best policy. By no means do I mean that you should try and pretend to be something you're not (if anything, that's the worst possible thing you can do because women have B.S. detectors like you wouldn't believe), but there are instances where telling the truth is not the best idea. For example, if you're in a situation where you're talking to a woman who is 30 years old or above, and the subject of her age comes up and she asks how old you think she is, never, never, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER! try to make an accurate guess. Always throw out a low figure, always in the 20's. They like that for some reason.
  Also, if she asks "Do these clothes make my ass look fat?" It doesn't matter if what she's wearing makes her ass look like the Goodyear blimp, you NEVER tell her "yes."  You might have to tell a little white lie once in a while.
Women also love romance. Roses are nice but they can also cost quite a bit so keep things within your budget.
Maybe so, but never on the first (or even second or third) date. Don't be that guy who thinks he can bribe a woman into liking him by giving her teddy bears and sh*t like that. All that does is makes the guy look desperate and creepy.  As a matter of fact, I don't think a guy should buy gifts for a woman until he's been dating her for a while and the relationship has progressed to a deeper level.  It's OK to pay for dinner, so long as you don't think she "owes you something" for it.

The easiest thing in my book (and the cheapest) is dancing. Most women (yes, there are exceptions) love to have a guy ask them to dance. It doesn't have to be anything spectacular-a slow dance or just get out there and move (steps don't really matter). But, if you really want to WOW her, learn how to waltz (if you don't know already). It is a simple dance, believe it or not but it is, to me anyway, very romantic.

Cat
Very true!  ;)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/15/06 at 3:39 pm

IMO, don't come across as too stuck on  yourself.  I went on 1 date with a guy once who did nothing but brag about himself....how he was smarter than everyone, better at sports, "great" in bed, etc.  Now, if I had asked how he was at basketball, I would've preferred "I'm not too bad" or "I'm pretty good" over "Oh, I won player of the year, I have scoring records, blah, blah, blah".  A little humility (not overboard, though) shows that you're human and don't see yourself as perfect.  Now, if I ask how he is at something and the only answer I get is "God, I suck at XYZ", I'm more likely to get turned off because that just shows low self esteem.  Now, if you DO suck at basketball, but are pretty good at, say, soccer, then a "Well, I suck at basketball, but I'm not too bad at soccer" or a "God I suck" with a laugh, that would be good too.  Also, don't jump into "sex talk" too quickly....it makes you seem desperate :) 

I understand what you're saying.

But,  you wouldn't want to wait TOO long or repress the sexual part of your nature too much, or you'd come across as androgenous and run the risk of going into the "friends zone", you know?

Maybe so, but never on the first (or even second or third) date. Don't be that guy who thinks he can bribe a woman into liking him by giving her teddy bears and sh*t like that. All that does is makes the guy look desperate and creepy.  As a matter of fact, I don't think a guy should buy gifts for a woman until he's been dating her for a while and the relationship has progressed to a deeper level.  It's OK to pay for dinner, so long as you don't think she "owes you something" for it.
Very true!  ;)

That makes perfect sense.  Like David DeAngelo says "any wussbag can do that stuff".

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/15/06 at 3:44 pm

I've been debating using the line "Hi, I'm kind of a big deal" like Anchorman. ;D It's very funny when delivered right.  I think one way to make women laugh and make them feel comfortable was if I came across as very confident, perhaps a little too confident for my own good but not to the point of being dislikeable and arrogant, you know?

They call it the "cocky/funny" attitude I think..
The "cocky/funny" thing works like you wouldn't believe, but it can be kind of tricky at first. I think the key to making it work is that you have to put yourself into an elevated, kickass mood first. That, and you do have to be pretty sure of yourself.  So you know what? Convince yourself that you're sure of yourself. Walk a little taller and with a little bit of genuine swagger in your step, and think to yourself, "I AM KING SH*T OF F*CK MOUNTAIN!!!"  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/15/06 at 3:58 pm

Women like guys who talk sexy to them sometimes. ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/15/06 at 3:59 pm

Not too smutty tho'    ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 03/15/06 at 4:02 pm

Probably don't want to bring up any hobbies on a first date(unless she asks, then it's her fault). :D

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/15/06 at 4:05 pm

Probably don't want to bring up any hobbies on a first date(unless she asks, then it's her fault). :D

Yeah.  I think i should probably avoid personal stuff like family, job etc. as well as current events and intellectual type subjects.  I think it'd be best to stick to talking about her and also about people in general(why do people do blah blah blah).  Women like that kinda stuff.

Written By: Dominic L. on 03/15/06 at 4:07 pm

Keep in mind that this is different women's opinions. Of course, some will like to skateboard while others would want to eat in a fancy restaurant.  ::)

Written By: Step-chan on 03/15/06 at 4:08 pm

Bad Example:

Girl: What were you listening to earlier?

Stephen: A song called Buffy's Pregnant.

Girl: Umm.. what kind of song is that?

Stephen: Well, it's off of a demo, kinda Nirvana-ish.

Girl: .............

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/15/06 at 4:09 pm

Keep in mind that this is different women's opinions. Of course, some will like to skateboard while others would want to eat in a fancy restaurant.  ::)

I'd rather party with the one who wants to eat at a fancy resturaunt. 8)

Written By: La Roche on 03/15/06 at 4:12 pm

I'd rather party with the one who wants to eat at a fancy resturaunt. 8)

Dude, you just need to hang out in front of abortion clinics, why else would women go there unless they're loose  ;D ;D ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/15/06 at 4:15 pm

Dude, you just need to hang out in front of abortion clinics, why else would women go there unless they're loose  ;D ;D ;D

"She's a slut- BUNG!!"

;D

Written By: La Roche on 03/15/06 at 4:17 pm

"She's a slut- BUNG!!"

;D

"Ever seen a trouser snake?"

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/15/06 at 4:19 pm

Poor advice - did you really consider your reply?  :D

Written By: La Roche on 03/15/06 at 4:24 pm

Poor advice - did you really consider your reply?  :D

It's great advice, they'll be lonely, upset, depressed.. 'enter the dude'

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/15/06 at 4:26 pm

What about the flip side of the equation: How about if you meet a guy who may be average-looking at best yet he turns out to have a very charming personality?

Yup. I definately take personality over looks.

Also, I don't mean to disparage your advice in any way, but I feel I have to clarify a few things in your previous post:There are many cases where honesty is not the best policy. By no means do I mean that you should try and pretend to be something you're not (if anything, that's the worst possible thing you can do because women have B.S. detectors like you wouldn't believe), but there are instances where telling the truth is not the best idea. For example, if you're in a situation where you're talking to a woman who is 30 years old or above, and the subject of her age comes up and she asks how old you think she is, never, never, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER! try to make an accurate guess. Always throw out a low figure, always in the 20's. They like that for some reason.
  Also, if she asks "Do these clothes make my ass look fat?" It doesn't matter if what she's wearing makes her ass look like the Goodyear blimp, you NEVER tell her "yes."  You might have to tell a little white lie once in a while.

Yeah, sometimes being TOTALLY honest can be a bad thing. You don't want to tell a girl EVERYTHING that is going wrong in your life within the first 10 minutes of meeting her. That would totally turn her off. As for those little white lies... :-\\  Could be good. Could be bad.

Maybe so, but never on the first (or even second or third) date. Don't be that guy who thinks he can bribe a woman into liking him by giving her teddy bears and sh*t like that. All that does is makes the guy look desperate and creepy.  As a matter of fact, I don't think a guy should buy gifts for a woman until he's been dating her for a while and the relationship has progressed to a deeper level.  It's OK to pay for dinner, so long as you don't think she "owes you something" for it.

Yeah, buying gifts too soon can be a no-no. But giving her things that are not bought can be nice. I think one of things that Carlos did early on in our relationship that sticks out in my mind, we were walking along a path and there was a daisy growing. He picked it and gave it to me. I think I was hooked from that point on.

Cat

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/15/06 at 4:30 pm

"Ever seen a trouser snake?"

"Oooh, what's a TROUSER snake?" ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/15/06 at 4:35 pm

Not too smutty tho'    ;D

I guess In your opinion,I'm an example. ;D

Written By: La Roche on 03/15/06 at 4:38 pm

"Oooh, what's a TROUSER snake?" ;D

Said the devil in my ear 'Dude, pull your coc* out, she took the bait!'

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/15/06 at 4:40 pm

Nah you're my idol, Howie.

Said the devil in my ear 'Dude, pull your coc* out, she took the bait!'

Says the Angel in my ear: "You're not gonna whip it out infront of this fine piece of woman are you? Put the d!ck down, son"

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/15/06 at 4:42 pm

Not at all.  Seriously.  :)

Some men are just the pits with their dirty lousy stinking lines. Makes me vomit  :P

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/15/06 at 4:44 pm

Not at all.  Seriously.  :)

Some men are just the pits with their dirty lousy stinking lines. Makes me vomit  :P

Yeah, me too.

Why can't people just be themselves? 

Written By: La Roche on 03/15/06 at 4:45 pm

Not at all.  Seriously.  :)

Some men are just the pits with their dirty lousy stinking lines. Makes me vomit  :P

You got purrdy lips, they'd look good on my..

..Thermometer.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/15/06 at 4:49 pm

You got purrdy lips, they'd look good on my
..Thermometer.

:o

*like the neighbor on Family Guy* "Thaaats naaasty"

Written By: Howard on 03/15/06 at 4:50 pm

Not at all.  Seriously.  :)

Some men are just the pits with their dirty lousy stinking lines. Makes me vomit  :P

I love filthy talk.

Written By: jaytee on 03/15/06 at 4:50 pm

Not on a first meeting Howard ... men who talk about it all the time are just showing their desperation.  :P

Written By: Howard on 03/15/06 at 4:51 pm

Not on a first meeting Howard ... men who talk about it all the time are just showing their desperation.  :P

Ok,I admit it.I'm the culprit. ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/15/06 at 4:52 pm

Not on a first meeting Howard ... men who talk about it all the time are just showing their desperation.  :P

Howard talks about it alot.

Written By: Howard on 03/15/06 at 4:54 pm

Howard talks about it alot.

I admit it.A 32 year old man and still discussing it. ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/15/06 at 5:05 pm

It's cool, Howie. ;D

But let's try to get back on topic now, please.  Not trying to be a stickler or anything..

Written By: jaytee on 03/15/06 at 5:09 pm

Initially looks (and I don't mean a guy has to be drop dead gorgeous) to spike my interest then once you get to know them, personality.  I find good manners very impressive.  

I think it is really interesting that some people find interaction with the opposite sex so easy and others find it so difficult.  

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/15/06 at 5:50 pm

Initially looks (and I don't mean a guy has to be drop dead gorgeous) to spike my interest then once you get to know them, personality.  I find good manners very impressive. 
I think it is really interesting that some people find interaction with the opposite sex so easy and others find it so difficult.  

Edited

I agree with you there,

Personally I can't stand arrogant cocky men. They chill me to the bone. 

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/15/06 at 5:53 pm

Yeah, me too.

I guess they are being themselves!   ;D

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/15/06 at 5:57 pm

Yeah, me too.

Are you really from El Paso?

Do you really walk down the street knee-deep in tacos?

(Ta-ta-ta-tacos?)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/15/06 at 6:05 pm

Skateboarding all the way, yo.

My advice: Try not to be too shy, even though that may be difficult for you. Be confident without being a dick. And become an artist.

Written By: Tia on 03/15/06 at 6:15 pm

http://www.80stees.com/images/products/Family_Guy_Diamonds-Tee.jpg

Written By: jaytee on 03/15/06 at 6:26 pm

There's some American bimbo in Australia at the moment flogging her book "How To Marry a Rich Man".  I've seen her interviewed a couple of times.  That woman is immoral  :P

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/15/06 at 6:28 pm

Are you really from El Paso?

Do you really walk down the street knee-deep in tacos?

(Ta-ta-ta-tacos?)

LOL.  Nah, I've never even been to El Paso.  I just like Kinky Friedman.

Kinky for Texas Governor 2006!

http://kinkyfriedman.com/xcart/image.php?productid=16163

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/15/06 at 6:43 pm

Better to be in the "friends zone" and have a chance than have her think you're a perv who only wants 1 thing ;)  Trust me, my best relationships have started out as "just friends".  Hubby and I were "just friends" for almost 2 years before he finally asked me out.  During that time, he married, got divorced, set me up with a couple of his friends and helped me through the breakup with one of them.  We've been together for 11 years now :)

She knows what she's talking about, man. If I were you, I'd lay off the whole sex subject for a while. It will definitely scare her off.

...Unless, of course, you're taking La Roche's route. ... But that means you're just a sicko  :P

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/15/06 at 7:13 pm

what women say they want from guys and what they respond to I have found aren't necessarily the same thing.

But I know your advice is well-intentioned. :)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/15/06 at 7:42 pm

I think above all else I should just be myself.

But I think my true self is a tad perverted. :D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/15/06 at 7:47 pm

Right then, don't be yourself =)

Nah, just kidding. Anyway, if you put on a facade, your true self is bound to show after a while, anyway. Best to be yourself from the start.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/15/06 at 8:03 pm

That's just par for the course. Everyone's a little perverted in their own way. It's only natural.  ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/15/06 at 8:30 pm

just don't worry about failure. Look at it like baseball, if you get a hit 3 times out of ten, you're batting .300 and considered an all star.  good luck El_D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/15/06 at 9:43 pm

for me it has to do with looks and personality....but mostly, personality.  A person can be totally cute, and not be attractive at all. :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/15/06 at 9:51 pm

for me it has to do with looks and personality....but mostly, personality.  A person can be totally cute, and not be attractive at all. :)
Erin, I applaud you not being a Shallow Hal  :)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/15/06 at 9:53 pm

Erin, I applaud you not being a Shallow Hal  :)

aww, thanks Mike! :)  I have never been one to judge someone by their looks.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/15/06 at 11:10 pm

aww, thanks Mike! :)  I have never been one to judge someone by their looks.
uhhh  me too  ::)  I have some girl friends at work that aren't pretty or cute, but they are funny and fun to be around and are quite nice so I know what you mean.  of course some of us are married and probably not as up to date in the dating process, but have a good feel for what it takes to have a relationship and to be a good friend.
So El_Duderino, I recommend you accept any girls that come into your life as they are and hopefully they'll do the same for you.

Written By: La Roche on 03/15/06 at 11:30 pm

just don't worry about failure. Look at it like baseball, if you get a hit 3 times out of ten, you're batting .300 and considered an all star.  good luck El_D

;D Marvelous analogy.

But Dude, unlike Barry, steroids may not improve your batting stats  ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/15/06 at 11:34 pm

;D Marvelous analogy.

But Dude, unlike Barry, steroids may not improve your batting stats  ;)
I hear ya, and truthfully all the strikeouts do suck  >:(
whoa, I just got the steroid thing  ;D  ;D  I'm slow, but I eventually catch up. applaud for making me laugh  ;D

Written By: La Roche on 03/16/06 at 12:04 am

I hear ya, and truthfully all the strikeouts do suck  >:(
whoa, I just got the steroid thing  ;D  ;D  I'm slow, but I eventually catch up. applaud for making me laugh  ;D

Mommy always said they'd laugh at me, I PROVED THEM WRONG *twitch*

Written By: KKay on 03/16/06 at 10:50 am

So El_Duderino, I recommend you accept any girls that come into your life as they are and hopefully they'll do the same for you.

That was kind and good advice.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/16/06 at 1:08 pm

Wow.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/16/06 at 1:39 pm

Then why ask ???

Well I didn't make this thread specifically to ask women. 

We get crossways on everything.

Written By: Howard on 03/16/06 at 1:53 pm

just don't worry about failure. Look at it like baseball, if you get a hit 3 times out of ten, you're batting .300 and considered an all star.   good luck El_D

I can't even get to 3rd base with Robin.I'm stuck on 1st right now. ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/16/06 at 2:00 pm

I can't even get to 3rd base with Robin.I'm stuck on 1st right now. ;D

Don't you need to get to second first?

Written By: Howard on 03/16/06 at 2:04 pm

Don't you need to get to second first?

Is second base considered dry humping? ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/16/06 at 2:06 pm

At the risk of sounding lame...

..WTF are the bases anyway?! I've gotten several different answers for this.

Written By: Howard on 03/16/06 at 2:08 pm

How far you've gotten in scoring with a guy/girl. ;D

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/16/06 at 2:14 pm

How far you've gotten in scoring with a guy/girl. ;D

Not... what I meant, but, hey, thanks, Howard..!

Written By: Howard on 03/16/06 at 2:15 pm

Not... what I meant, but, hey, thanks, Howard..!

What do you mean exactly? ???

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/16/06 at 2:54 pm

As far as I know

1st base=kissing with tongue

2nd base=fondling the chest area

3rd base=guy manually stimulates the *ahem* private area of the girl

And a home run would be "the deed" as they say.

Wow that was kinda akward.

Written By: Howard on 03/16/06 at 2:59 pm

As far as I know

1st base=kissing with tongue

2nd base=fondling the chest area

3rd base=guy manually stimulates the *ahem* private area of the girl

And a home run would be "the deed" as they say.

Wow that was kinda akward.

2nd base for me. O0

Written By: Step-chan on 03/16/06 at 3:33 pm

2nd base for me. O0

Haven't even been to first base myself.  :-\\ :-[

Written By: Howard on 03/16/06 at 3:36 pm

Haven't even been to first base myself.  :-\\ :-[

Why not?

Written By: Step-chan on 03/16/06 at 3:38 pm

Why not?

Haven't been in any real opportunities for a relationship, mainly.

Written By: La Roche on 03/16/06 at 3:45 pm

Haven't been in any real opportunities for a relationship, mainly.

Dude.. three words.

Slutty - College - Chicks.

Written By: Dominic L. on 03/16/06 at 3:52 pm

Dude.. three words.

Are you one of them?

Written By: Step-chan on 03/16/06 at 4:00 pm

Dude.. three words.

They better be VD free(that's too much to hope for....)

(Looks up at what I just typed)

Man, what I typed is just wrong....... :D

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/16/06 at 4:06 pm

Dude.. three words.

Where are these mythical creatures?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/16/06 at 7:35 pm

that's the cutest thing I've heard today.    and how is it, the man looking for assistance with romancing or whatever with a woman knows the answer to this?  maybe he's sandbagging and really has all the girls he can handle and just started the post for fun. El_Duderino, you answered that really quickly  ??? 
So what then is a bases loaded Grand Slam??????

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/16/06 at 7:48 pm

So what then is a bases loaded Grand Slam??????
A menage a trois.  ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/16/06 at 7:57 pm

A menage a trois.  ;)
  ;)  nice one Albert. we're talking 2 chicks and 1 dude here right?    ;D    ;D   

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/16/06 at 7:59 pm

But of course.  :D

Written By: La Roche on 03/16/06 at 8:01 pm

Maybe for you..

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/16/06 at 8:04 pm

Maybe for you..
And for you?  ???

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/16/06 at 8:05 pm

But of course.  :D
but of course.  That should be an advanced lesson much later on for the Dude once you've guided him along, he seems to value your input.  you guys are like Master Po and Kwai Chang (grasshopper ) your disciple

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/16/06 at 8:06 pm

but of course.  That should be an advanced lesson much later on for the Dude once you've guided him along, he seems to value your input.  you guys are like Master Po and Kwai Chang (grasshopper ) your disciple
Well, not exactly...I'm feeling a little "romantically disadvantaged" myself right now...

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/16/06 at 8:06 pm

Maybe for you..
you sound a bit confused  :-\\

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/16/06 at 8:08 pm

Well, not exactly...I'm feeling a little "romantically disadvantaged" myself right now...
well, if you're a single guy, you know they come and go, you win some you lose some.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/16/06 at 8:09 pm

well, if you're a single guy, you know they come and go, you win some you lose some.
I know, and the f**ked-up part is, I don't know if I'm winning or losing. I'm trying not to sweat it though.  ;)

Written By: La Roche on 03/16/06 at 8:31 pm

you sound a bit confused  :-\\

;D

3 girls dude!!

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/16/06 at 8:38 pm

;D

3 girls dude!!
Maybe if you're in Motley Crue or something....

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/16/06 at 9:00 pm

Why only 3?  You've got 4 "appendages" to satisfy them with :o ;D :D
You like "footjobs," do ya?  ;D :o

Written By: La Roche on 03/16/06 at 9:04 pm

You like "footjobs," do ya?  ;D :o

Ah yes.. you had that accident with the wood saw didn't you.. poor Al.. no hands, typing is difficult, he has to continuously run porno.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/16/06 at 9:53 pm

Well, if you're talking feet, that would be 6 :o

What in the bloody hell are the other 4? I can only think of three..

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/16/06 at 9:57 pm

2 hands, 2 feet, 1 mouth & 1 "phallus"....2+2+1+1=6 ;)

oh ok you're counting the mouth.  Wait!  Why didn't I think of the tongue?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/16/06 at 10:00 pm

cuz you've never used it ??? ;D ;D ;D

OH SNAP, SON..!!!11

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/16/06 at 10:02 pm

cuz you've never used it ??? ;D ;D ;D

Wow.  Burnt.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/16/06 at 10:02 pm

You watch, I'll get you back.  I'll drop a burn on you so bad, so bad...well you'll see!

-_-

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/16/06 at 10:05 pm

Sorry, you walked right into that one ;)  Karma for you :)

Well I guess it's okay then. :)

;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/16/06 at 11:52 pm

;D

3 girls dude!!
;D  my bad, thanks for clearing that up and with a double exclamation. so sorry.  you and 3 chicks, I see, the bases are loaded. good call  ;)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/17/06 at 9:58 am

;D

3 girls dude!!

Isn't that funny - I  knew what you meant!!!  ::)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/17/06 at 12:15 pm

Isn't that funny - I  knew what you meant!!!   ::)
now that I read, I'm still not sure

Written By: Howard on 03/17/06 at 2:42 pm

A menage a trois.  ;)

No That would be sex.Sex is 3rd base.I keep striking out with Robin. >:(

Written By: Howard on 03/17/06 at 3:09 pm

ummmm, if sex is 3rd base, what's a home run ???

Pregnancy? ???

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/17/06 at 3:10 pm

ummmm, if sex is 3rd base, what's a home run ???

Exactly. Howie, sex is a home run.  Third base is fingering.

Written By: La Roche on 03/17/06 at 3:11 pm

No That would be sex.Sex is 3rd base.I keep striking out with Robin. >:(

Maybe you need a new bat?

Written By: Howard on 03/17/06 at 3:12 pm

Maybe you need a new bat?

I keep swinging and I miss. ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/17/06 at 3:12 pm

I get foul balls(and no,they don't stink) ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/17/06 at 3:15 pm

:o :o :o

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/17/06 at 3:16 pm

I didn't really know how else to say it..

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/17/06 at 3:17 pm

..obviously.

Written By: La Roche on 03/17/06 at 3:18 pm

I keep swinging and I miss. ;D

Are you sure she hasn't messed with the balls?

Maybe you should talk to the Umpire, he could check the balls, is your bat corked Howard?

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/17/06 at 3:20 pm

..obviously.

Sorry.  :-[

What's a better term for that?

Written By: Howard on 03/17/06 at 3:28 pm

Are you sure she hasn't messed with the balls?

Maybe you should talk to the Umpire, he could check the balls, is your bat corked Howard?

No I had a briss.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/17/06 at 3:29 pm

ask a friend.   

Written By: Howard on 03/17/06 at 3:32 pm

Or you can ask your girlfriend ;)

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/17/06 at 6:12 pm

Sorry.  :-isn't a better term for it...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/17/06 at 6:18 pm

How about digital diddling?  No! I did not come up with that term myself. Carlos actually came up with that one.  ;D ;D ;D

Cat

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/17/06 at 8:52 pm

Or you can ask your girlfriend ;)

Why don't you ask your's, Howard?  I don't have a girlfriend afterall. ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/18/06 at 4:31 am

It's like the Frankfurter image you can't help but visualise it! 

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/18/06 at 4:34 am

No I had a briss.

'Bat the Bishop' maybe?  ;D

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 03/18/06 at 4:34 am

'Bat the Bishop' maybe?  ;D

;D  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/18/06 at 5:54 am

Why don't you ask your's, Howard?  I don't have a girlfriend afterall. ;D

What was that I was supposed to ask her?

Written By: Howard on 03/18/06 at 5:55 am

It's like the Frankfurter image you can't help but visualise it! 

Also try to imagine the banana image. ;D

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 03/18/06 at 5:57 am

Also try to imagine the banana image. ;D

http://www.mustangmods.com/data/10900/banana.jpg

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/18/06 at 6:01 am

That's one scared banana!!   ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/18/06 at 10:58 pm

Anywho.. let's try to get back on topic. :)

Written By: Howard on 03/19/06 at 7:17 am

That's about the size of it.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/19/06 at 10:02 pm

Bump.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/20/06 at 12:35 am

Can ya smell the desperation, folks? ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/20/06 at 12:42 am

Can ya smell the desperation, folks? ;D
naw, I don't see it as desperation, you're just trying to follow your built-in instincts. I think you've studied and been given some answers and ideas here and now you need to go out into the world and start talking to women. Just be yourself, like you are here on the board, you can do that.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/20/06 at 12:57 am

naw, I don't see it as desperation, you're just trying to follow your built-in instincts. I think you've studied and been given some answers and ideas here and now you need to go out into the world and start talking to women. Just be yourself, like you are here on the board, you can do that.

It's hard to get out there.  I don't really know where I should go, honestly.

I do truely feel desperate, and I think that's just going to drive women away.

But I can't help it. I'm 18 years old and I still haven't learned a damned thing about dealing with women.  I'm no better than some little 13 year old.  And that's what I feel like.  I don't even feel like a man, I feel like a little boy.  Being so inept in this area of life is really de-masculating(is that the word?). 

I know some of you may not understand, you may know people in your life who didn't start until late or perhaps you yourself didn't start until late.  But I come from a family where all the men started out early and strong.  All of them except me.  And then in highschool, there were a few people like me, but most at least dated at some point(I'm not even talking about sex, just simply going out).  Even my friend Keith, who was mr "anti social" supposedly, had a girlfriend his senior year.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/20/06 at 1:02 am

And to give you an idea about my family the oldest of us to lose the big V was my dad, and he was 16.  Of course, it's obvious I'm going to beat him out.  And by several years probably. :(

My older brother was 12 for god's sake(granted, he was a month from his 13th bday). 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/20/06 at 1:22 am

And to give you an idea about my family the oldest of us to lose the big V was my dad, and he was 16.  Of course, it's obvious I'm going to beat him out.  And by several years probably. :(

My older brother was 12 for god's sake(granted, he was a month from his 13th bday). 
I wouldn't put to much emphasis on hitting a HR, just get some socializing (batting practice). See if there are any youth or college/career age groups in the area that have volleyball nights or something, It may be at a church because that's where I met a lot of people when I was 22. My bro-in-law had heard there was a group that met for a short study, and then volleyball. it was fun and there were cute girls there. Not that I'm trying to send you to a church to try to get some action, but you need somewhere to develop your social skills. Maybe a bowling league, or go to Starbucks, try to get in line in front of a fox, when you pay for your drink, tell the cashier you're paying for the person behind you and do it. When they refuse your offer or question why, just say someone did that for you, and they said they wanted you to pass on the kindness. any positive interaction will be benificial. Does your school have any coed sports activities that you could participate in?

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/20/06 at 1:53 am

But I can't help it. I'm 18 years old and I still haven't learned a damned thing about dealing with women.  I'm no better than some little 13 year old.  And that's what I feel like.  I don't even feel like a man, I feel like a little boy.  Being so inept in this area of life is really de-masculating(is that the word?). 

I know some of you may not understand, you may know people in your life who didn't start until late or perhaps you yourself didn't start until late.  But I come from a family where all the men started out early and strong.  All of them except me.  And then in highschool, there were a few people like me, but most at least dated at some point(I'm not even talking about sex, just simply going out).  Even my friend Keith, who was mr "anti social" supposedly, had a girlfriend his senior year.
Everyone has to start somewhere, and the first thing you need to do is stop getting so down on yourself. Don't beat yourself up. That's probably the worst thing you can do. Instead, you should work on accepting yourself for who you are, and on improving yourself in areas where you feel you might need improvement. Sure, you may have your flaws, but so does everyone else (even though some people might act otherwise) and when it's all said and done your flaws probably don't matter nearly as much as you might think.
  And as far as being from a family where "all the men started out early and strong?" So what? Why compare yourself to others? I mean, do your brothers or your dad give you a hard time about it? Do you feel that you need to uphold some perceived family tradition or something? Forget about all that. All that does is puts an unnecessary amount of pressure on yourself for no good reason, and that just makes things that much harder. Don't sweat the small stuff.
  As I've said before, it all comes down to what you believe about yourself. If you believe that you are desperate and that you still feel like a little boy, guess what? That's the attitude you'll project, and having an air of desparation about you is like girl DEET. However, if you begin thinking of yourself as a confident young MAN who has plenty to offer, and if you maintain a positive attitude and believe that if you keep working at it you will eventually succeed, that's when good things will begin to happen.  ;)

Written By: Trimac20 on 03/20/06 at 2:49 am

I'm 20 and I still haven't had a real girlfriend (can't believe I said that), spare a though for me  :\'(...

Written By: danootaandme on 03/20/06 at 5:16 am

What most guys don't understand is there are women everywhere waiting for guys to ask them out.  I would bet that there is someone in your school, church, neighborhood, who has a crush on you, who is figuring that you would never ask her out, while you are probably mooning over the girl who wouldn't spend 5 minutes on you.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/20/06 at 8:11 am

What most guys don't understand is there are women everywhere waiting for guys to ask them out.  I would bet that there is someone in your school, church, neighborhood, who has a crush on you, who is figuring that you would never ask her out, while you are probably mooning over the girl who wouldn't spend 5 minutes on you.

I agree. There are plenty of girls out there in the same situation you are...thinking that there is nobody out there for them...but in reality, there is! :)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/20/06 at 3:59 pm

I wouldn't put to much emphasis on hitting a HR, just get some socializing (batting practice). See if there are any youth or college/career age groups in the area that have volleyball nights or something, It may be at a church because that's where I met a lot of people when I was 22. My bro-in-law had heard there was a group that met for a short study, and then volleyball. it was fun and there were cute girls there. Not that I'm trying to send you to a church to try to get some action, but you need somewhere to develop your social skills. Maybe a bowling league, or go to Starbucks, try to get in line in front of a fox, when you pay for your drink, tell the cashier you're paying for the person behind you and do it. When they refuse your offer or question why, just say someone did that for you, and they said they wanted you to pass on the kindness. any positive interaction will be benificial. Does your school have any coed sports activities that you could participate in?

I'm not really placing emphasis on the Home Run.  I was just pointing out how early everybody in my family but me started. (my cousins, 14, 14, 13 my uncle was 15 etc.)

I know what you mean though, I need better social skills.  To answer your question I'm not in school right now.

Everyone has to start somewhere, and the first thing you need to do is stop getting so down on yourself. Don't beat yourself up. That's probably the worst thing you can do. Instead, you should work on accepting yourself for who you are, and on improving yourself in areas where you feel you might need improvement. Sure, you may have your flaws, but so does everyone else (even though some people might act otherwise) and when it's all said and done your flaws probably don't matter nearly as much as you might think.
  And as far as being from a family where "all the men started out early and strong?" So what? Why compare yourself to others? I mean, do your brothers or your dad give you a hard time about it? Do you feel that you need to uphold some perceived family tradition or something? Forget about all that. All that does is puts an unnecessary amount of pressure on yourself for no good reason, and that just makes things that much harder. Don't sweat the small stuff.
  As I've said before, it all comes down to what you believe about yourself. If you believe that you are desperate and that you still feel like a little boy, guess what? That's the attitude you'll project, and having an air of desparation about you is like girl DEET. However, if you begin thinking of yourself as a confident young MAN who has plenty to offer, and if you maintain a positive attitude and believe that if you keep working at it you will eventually succeed, that's when good things will begin to happen.  ;)

Yeah.. It's just hard to make yourself believe good things when you don't have any social proof to back it up.

I wish I knew who they were! lol

It's not like I'm a 3 pining for a 10 or something.  I like "normal" girls all the time.  The problem more than anything else is the fact i'm scared to death of approaching women, hitting on them, asking for their phone number or a date etc.

I get stomach aches, I stutter, I can't hold eye contact.. I'm pretty bad.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/20/06 at 4:01 pm

And I don't just freak out with "hotties", I do this with normal, everyday girls.

Written By: Lady Beard on 03/20/06 at 4:13 pm

I'm an expert and have been getting women for over 40 years now!

You just have to talk to them like they're guys (without the grossness). Don't even think about them being girls. Just talk!

Written By: Tia on 03/20/06 at 4:14 pm

meeting girls through mutual friends can help with this a lot, the nervous stuttering thing. because the social environment is different, the expectations are different. you're not on yourself to "make time" with her or what have you.

also i think it helps to think in the here and now, think about the moment you're in. a lot of times i'd be talking to a girl and in my head i was all, does she like me? will she think i suck in bed? will our marriage survive? when i didn't even know her last name. helps to keep in perspective if you occasionally do the affirmation, you know, 'i'm just asking her out for coffee, it's not that big a thing.'

but i used to have the same problem, i think a lot of it is just hormone intoxication, it gets better with age. of course then you're not good-looking anymore.

Written By: Howard on 03/20/06 at 5:13 pm

If you're a guy,never let your girlfriend say your penis is a small frankfurter. >:(  ::)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/20/06 at 6:04 pm

meeting girls through mutual friends can help with this a lot, the nervous stuttering thing. because the social environment is different, the expectations are different. you're not on yourself to "make time" with her or what have you.

also i think it helps to think in the here and now, think about the moment you're in. a lot of times i'd be talking to a girl and in my head i was all, does she like me? will she think i suck in bed? will our marriage survive? when i didn't even know her last name. helps to keep in perspective if you occasionally do the affirmation, you know, 'i'm just asking her out for coffee, it's not that big a thing.'

but i used to have the same problem, i think a lot of it is just hormone intoxication, it gets better with age. of course then you're not good-looking anymore.

If it's hormone intoxication though, then why aren't all the guys my age like me?

And meeting a girl through a friend is something I've thought about.  But I don't have any friends that live here..

I'm moving to Dallas this summer, and that's where my best friend Justin lives.  But I can't expect him to hook me up with girls, he's still in high school.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/20/06 at 6:20 pm

Just beware of what I call the "blind-date paradox." Back in the days when I was shy, there were a few times when I'd be hanging out with one of my male friends who would be with a new girlfriend, and I'd just be chilling and talking to her and I could be my natural, funny outgoing self around her because I had no designs on her and thus I felt no pressure to try and win her over or to somehow "impress" her. And because of this, she'd see my attractive qualities and immediately want to set me up with a friend of hers. So I'd get set up on these blind dates and guess what? I'd wind up blowing it because I'd put all this pressure back on myself because I was on a DATE now, and I just HAD to make it work this time, so I'd get nervous and self-conscious and worry about saying or doing just the right thing, and all this tension would cancel out all the attractive qualities that her friend saw in me and I'd never get anywhere.

What's really helped me is that I just try and focus on having a good time, and I don't get too hung up on the outcome. This helps to elevate my mood, and when I'm in a good mood I'm confident and I can be quite witty and charming, and I think of MYSELF as the prize to be won over, not her. And since I started thinking that way, my success rate has improved dramatically. Plus, if I get shot down, I might get bummed about it a little, but I just wait a few days and let it pass and I remind myself that I'll have other opportunites. (I just went through an episode over the last 3 weeks that put my resolve to the test, and I had to fight to stick to my own advice, but it's over now and I know that I'm a lot better off without her.)

Not me. I get better-looking every day.  ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/20/06 at 8:09 pm

If you're a guy,never let your girlfriend say your penis is a small frankfurter. >:(   ::)
WELL ALLRIGHTY THEN!!!! The Sage has spoken  ;D  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/21/06 at 6:38 am

WELL ALLRIGHTY THEN!!!! The Sage has spoken  ;D   ;D

If you don't have a porn star weiner,She probably won't want it.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/21/06 at 7:44 am

And I don't just freak out with "hotties", I do this with normal, everyday girls.

You need to build on your self esteem which will make you much more confident in approaching ladies. Also don't take yourself too seriously, ordinary women love men who are relaxed and comfortable with themselves without being arrogant.
A little tip - sometimes a little shyness is quite sexy actually.

Written By: KKay on 03/21/06 at 9:07 am

I think alot of this may have to do with you not wanting to get into the "friend zone".  If you approach a girl you are attracted to thinking "I want to 'date' you", you are more likely to be nervous.  If you initially approach them thinking "She's cool.  I'd just like to get to know her better", you might not be as nervous. 

That's really good advice...each person you meet is a potential friend.  And it's better to get to know someone first before you decide you want to get more intimate. (meaning dating).

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/21/06 at 9:13 am

I'm starting to get the hang of all the American speak now, and NO that is a popular misconception Howie.

Maybe female porn stars need...ok I'm not gonna elaborate any further  ;D

Written By: Tia on 03/21/06 at 10:37 am

This is absolutely 100 percent true. Unless you've got a popeye forearm down there, she'll probably just want to sit up late talking.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/21/06 at 10:39 am

This is absolutely 100 percent true. Unless you've got a popeye forearm down there, she'll probably just want to sit up late talking.

Written By: Tia on 03/21/06 at 10:57 am

and WITH the anchor tattoo! all women demand that you get the anchor tattoo.

Written By: KKay on 03/21/06 at 12:01 pm

That is the sexiest thing you have ever said.

Written By: La Roche on 03/21/06 at 12:10 pm

:( Will a snake do.. there isn't that much room for anymore..

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/21/06 at 12:11 pm

Get that jerk from the games board in here too...he needs advice badly

Written By: La Roche on 03/21/06 at 12:14 pm

Get that jerk from the games board in here too...he needs advice badly

I do believe I know who you mean..

I do believe you are correct..

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/21/06 at 1:14 pm

NO! NO! NO! If you're going to go through what has to be the excruciating pain of getting ink done on your unit, you'd might as well get the words "YOUR NAME" tattooed on it. That way, you could be this guy!

(At your stereotypical nightclub/meat market:)

THAT GUY: Say, baby, what's your name?
BABE: Lisa...
THAT GUY: Say, Lisa, I'll bet you fifty bucks that I have "your name" tattooed on my peter...

Written By: KKay on 03/21/06 at 1:31 pm

NO! NO! NO! If you're going to go through what has to be the excruciating pain of getting ink done on your unit, you'd might as well get the words "YOUR NAME" tattooed on it. That way, you could be this guy!

(At your stereotypical nightclub/meat market:)

THAT GUY: Say, baby, what's your name?
BABE: Lisa...
THAT GUY: Say, Lisa, I'll bet you fifty bucks that I have "your name" tattooed on my peter...

Something like this, but lower.
http://www.satirewire.com/news/0112/images/guilty.gif

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/21/06 at 2:06 pm

You need to build on your self esteem which will make you much more confident in approaching ladies. Also don't take yourself too seriously, ordinary women love men who are relaxed and comfortable with themselves without being arrogant.
A little tip - sometimes a little shyness is quite sexy actually.

Really!?? :o  I never heard that..

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/21/06 at 2:41 pm

I know quite a few women who consider a certain reserved confidence great in a man - never introvert though, that's a turn off. 

Written By: danootaandme on 03/21/06 at 2:57 pm

You haven't been listening then, lots and lots of us like the guy who doesn't do all the talking.  Just because we are
laughing at some guy who is telling a great story doesn't mean we aren't trying to figure out what the shy guy
in the corner is thinking about.  Shyness is a big turn on.  You gotta be the shy guy who focuses in on one and
speaks to her, just her.  ;)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/21/06 at 3:07 pm

I know quite a few women who consider a certain reserved confidence great in a man - never introvert though, that's a turn off. 

Oh.

You haven't been listening then, lots and lots of us like the guy who doesn't do all the talking.  Just because we are
laughing at some guy who is telling a great story doesn't mean we aren't trying to figure out what the shy guy
in the corner is thinking about.  Shyness is a big turn on.  You gotta be the shy guy who focuses in on one and
speaks to her, just her.  ;)

Ok.  I dunno EXACTLY what that means but I'll try.

Written By: KKay on 03/21/06 at 3:35 pm

Oh.

Ok.  I dunno EXACTLY what that means but I'll try.

I got myself a shy boy.  I had to do a lot of the coaxing to get him to ask me out...that happens too- and I'm sure it's a big relief.

Written By: Howard on 03/21/06 at 5:41 pm

I'm starting to get the hang of all the American speak now, and NO that is a popular misconception Howie.

Maybe female porn stars need...ok I'm not gonna elaborate any further   ;D

Yeah,what do they need,HUH? ;D ;)

Written By: Howard on 03/21/06 at 5:42 pm

Would she want to talk to IT? ;D ;)

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 03/21/06 at 5:45 pm

Would she want to talk to IT? ;D ;)

I doubt she'd break off the conversation to chat with Information Technology unless she was having urgent computer problems.

Written By: KKay on 03/21/06 at 5:47 pm

I doubt she'd break off the conversation to chat with Information Technology unless she was having urgent computer problems.

comic genius!

Written By: Tia on 03/21/06 at 6:08 pm

that would probably be a priority 3 call, one that prevents or significantly hampers the performance of the organization and one for which there isn't an immediately available workaround.i read about stuff like that in our help desk literature.

Written By: Howard on 03/21/06 at 6:10 pm

You know damn well what I'm talking about. ::)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/21/06 at 7:59 pm

;D  ;D  IT

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/21/06 at 11:30 pm

Could you guys PLEASE stay on topic?

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/22/06 at 12:07 am

But what else can we tell you to do? We've all given advice. Was there anything else you needed advice on?

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/22/06 at 12:14 am

I dunno,  I'm the rookie here, I don't know if there's anything else to say or not. :P

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/22/06 at 1:05 am

I can see where this is heading. Some months down the road, this thread will be replaced by the new Class for the Romantically Heartbroken because it will happen, some lil' sweeties gonna rip your heart to shreds, but I know you'd rather have that than not have it, and you will have it once you apply all these proven, tried and tested techniques you now own for free! Now hit the pavement and go bag some broads.  8)

how's that for staying on topic

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/22/06 at 1:06 am

I dunno,  I'm the rookie here, I don't know if there's anything else to say or not. :P
Yes. At a friend's wedding last summer, I was hanging out with another friend of mine's dad when he said to me, "You'll have to corral yourself one of those crazy Kansas City women." To which I replied, "No, they have to corral ME." He then turned to another friend's dad and said, "Damn, this kid's got the right idea."
    That's the attitude you need to gain. Start thinking of YOURSELF as the prize.  ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/22/06 at 1:13 am

Yes. At a friend's wedding last summer, I was hanging out with another friend of mine's dad when he said to me, "You'll have to corral yourself one of those crazy Kansas City women." To which I replied, "No, they have to corral ME." He then turned to another friend's dad and said, "Damn, this kid's got the right idea."
    That's the attitude you need to gain. Start thinking of YOURSELF as the prize.  ;)
That reminds me of the story Robert Duvall tells Sean Penn in the movie Colors. They're cops woking the gang neighborhoods and as they're driving Duvall gives Penn a little story with a moral at the end.  "A papa bull and his young son bull are up on a hill gazing down at a herd of cows in the pasture. The young bull says to his dad, hey papa, what say we run down there and f*ck one of them there cows?  The papa bull looks at him and says, no son, let's walk down and f*ck em all.   

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/22/06 at 1:17 am

That reminds me of the story Robert Duvall tells Sean Penn in the movie Colors. They're cops woking the gang neighborhoods and as they're driving Duvall gives Penn a little story with a moral at the end.  "A papa bull and his young son bull are up on a hill gazing down at a herd of cows in the pasture. The young bull says to his dad, hey papa, what say we run down there and f*ck one of them there cows?  The papa bull looks at him and says, no son, let's walk down and f*ck em all.   

Amen, brother! (+1 karma for Badfinger-fan)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/22/06 at 1:22 am

Amen, brother! (+1 karma for Badfinger-fan)
right back atcha +1  Al.  I love that story of not being to hasty and impatient, and it's a good movie.
Take your time El_Duderino, your turn in the batters box will come.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/22/06 at 4:23 am

I got myself a shy boy.  I had to do a lot of the coaxing to get him to ask me out...that happens too- and I'm sure it's a big relief.

Dont'cha just love the anticipation aswell... I do   

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/22/06 at 4:55 am

;D ;D I like that...very witty   ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/22/06 at 4:32 pm

Always use a condom! O0 ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/22/06 at 5:46 pm

I can see where this is heading. Some months down the road, this thread will be replaced by the new Class for the Romantically Heartbroken because it will happen, some lil' sweeties gonna rip your heart to shreds, but I know you'd rather have that than not have it, and you will have it once you apply all these proven, tried and tested techniques you now own for free! Now hit the pavement and go bag some broads.  8)  how's that for staying on topic

Noone is going to do that to me. 

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/22/06 at 5:48 pm

I've already had my heart broken before.  So that nerve ending is already closed as far as I'm concerned.

Written By: danootaandme on 03/22/06 at 6:02 pm

I've already had my heart broken before.  So that nerve ending is already closed as far as I'm concerned.

Just broken, I had mine ripped out of my chest and used for a baseball while still beating, I guess he thought I wasn't going to be needing it, well he was wrong. From that I learned never to lie to myself about my feelings, or the feelings of the person I am involved with, and when to walk away. Thing is, after getting over it I wondered what the hell I must have been thinking, the guy was(is) pretty much a bonehead and it wouldn't have lasted, if it had it wouldn't have been pretty.  There's a choice to be made, a sad story, or a long sad story.  ;)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/22/06 at 6:05 pm

^Yeah Danoota, that's what I was thinking myself.  I mean the person who broke my heart was not someone I had used up a lot of my time with in a relationship or anything.  I hope since I got burned once already,  that I can emotionally distance myself enough to know when to drop a relationship that isn't good for me before it blows up in my face.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 03/22/06 at 7:10 pm

^Yeah Danoota, that's what I was thinking myself.  I mean the person who broke my heart was not someone I had used up a lot of my time with in a relationship or anything.  I hope since I got burned once already,  that I can emotionally distance myself enough to know when to drop a relationship that isn't good for me before it blows up in my face.

That is something that we all have to learn to do. I didn't learn how to until I was well into my 30s. You have to listen to your heart and your head. When either one is screaming at you, listen to it. I have been in both situations. At first, I didn't listen to my head when it was screaming at me and went with my heart-and ended up with heartache. But one time, my head was telling me that I should walk away but my heart was screaming at me-and I listened to my heart that time, and I am so glad that I did. The end result-I am now happily married to the man of my dreams. If I had listened to my head that time, I would probably be very lonely today. Basically what I am saying (in A LOT of words) is TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS!!!

Cat

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/22/06 at 7:23 pm

Noone is going to do that to me. 
Heartbreaks happen but that's not the focus here. I hope it does not happen and who can tell what tomorrow will bring. You got some good stuff/advice/experiences coming in from both genders here. A wealth of good info, almost enough to write a book with.

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 03/22/06 at 7:58 pm

Heartbreaks happen but that's not the focus here. I hope it does not happen and who can tell what tomorrow will bring. You got some good stuff/advice/experiences coming in from both genders here. A wealth of good info, almost enough to write a book with.

Actually, that brings me to my one contribution about all this...

A lot of people here have offered you some good advice. Here's the thing: you should consider, you should see what makes sense to you, you should maybe even integrate some of it into your moves, whatever, but...

When you're out there spittin' game, make sure it's your game. Don't load yourself up with so much technique etc. that you lose yourself in the process. If the woman is perceptive (and when it comes to guys, so many of them seem to be) she'll figure out fairly quickly if you've put up some kinda facade. Make sure that, whatever you're doing, it's still you coming through and not just an image, because, trust me, when you find someone who likes you for you and not for something more superficial, it will be one of the most rewarding times of your life.

That is all. Whatever you do, best of luck.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/23/06 at 3:09 am

I'm romantically disadvantaged....help!!! 

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/23/06 at 3:14 am

No way! what help do you need? Are we going to have to start a Lonely Hearts Club thread?  :(

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 03/23/06 at 3:16 am

Awww  :-*

;D  ;D  ;)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/23/06 at 3:20 am

No way! what help do you need? Are we going to have to start a Lonely Hearts Club thread?  :(

Well we might have to discuss this further..  wink wink

Awww  :-*

;D  ;D  ;)

:) :)   ;D crazy bwoy!!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/23/06 at 3:40 am

Well we might have to discuss this further..  wink wink

further discussion and counseling will definitely be a good idea.  3/23  is open on my calendar

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/23/06 at 4:41 am

further discussion and counseling will definitely be a good idea.  3/23  is open on my calendar

I've pencilled it in my diary for later  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/23/06 at 2:54 pm

The Doctor Is In. ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/23/06 at 3:19 pm

Do you wanna go for frosty chocolate milkshakes?

Written By: Howard on 03/23/06 at 3:21 pm

Can I go with you? ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/23/06 at 3:23 pm

Sounds good to me!

slurpppppppppssssssss

Written By: Howard on 03/23/06 at 3:25 pm

Sounds good to me!

slurpppppppppssssssss

You want some whipped cream with that? LOL. ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/23/06 at 3:28 pm

You want some whipped cream with that? LOL. ;D

Sure..but you left it in the other thread!!

Written By: Howard on 03/23/06 at 3:29 pm

Sure..but you left it in the other thread!!

I must get it.

Written By: Step-chan on 03/23/06 at 3:46 pm

You do that.... ;D ::)

Written By: Step-chan on 03/23/06 at 3:50 pm

Me too... but I think everyone here knows that. :-[

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/23/06 at 4:03 pm

Me too... but I think everyone here knows that. :-[

Do you live in the 2D world?

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/23/06 at 4:13 pm

Hmm?

Written By: Step-chan on 03/23/06 at 4:16 pm

Non desca?

What do you mean by that? ???

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/23/06 at 4:20 pm

Non desca?

What do you mean by that? ???

I mean with your animations and all  ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/23/06 at 4:31 pm

Well, do I live in Gotham? ;)

Written By: Step-chan on 03/23/06 at 4:36 pm

I mean with your animations and all   ;D

Well I'm real enough, otherwise I wouldn't be typing..... ::) ;D

but anyway..... ::)

I don't actually live in a 2D world out in public, unless I'm really bored. :D

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/23/06 at 4:55 pm

;D I feel your pain, Step-chan.  The other night I heard Carlos Mencia diss on people who read comic books.  You gotta roll with the punches.. ::)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/23/06 at 5:13 pm

Well I'm real enough, otherwise I wouldn't be typing..... ::) ;D

but anyway..... ::)

I don't actually live in a 2D world out in public, unless I'm really bored. :D

Seriously no disrespect is intended here.  :) :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/23/06 at 6:32 pm

smooth move Alex  ;)  you're gettin the hang of it

Written By: Tam on 03/23/06 at 10:26 pm

Here is my 2 cents and humble opinion....

Having talked to you before Alex on that voice chat thing we used to have here - you are one of the most intelligent younger people I have met in a long time. That being said - you intimidated the heck out of me. I don't know how it happened but the conversation turned to politics and I felt like the stupidest person on the planet.

Intelligent intimidation is the quickest killer of any interaction, whether it is with friends of either sex or a possible girlfriend. It has been said before but I will say it again, reserve what you say until you are further into the relationship, if it progresses to that. That's not to say that you can't let her know your political affiliation, just don't kill it with an all out debate. ;)

I agree with all the other advice given to you. Be shy, but not to shy. Be confident, but not too confident etc...

You can laugh but the thing that I find helps me boost my self confidence is exercise of any kind. I always feel like I can conquer ANYTHING after rock climbing or hiking in fresh air. The fresh air does something to my mind, it is completely empowering!

You are a good guy, but that person sometimes gets lost amid your fears of rejection and over analyzing. A casual look from a female is a good thing, but try not to read too deeply into it. If a female says hi or asks a question, reply and then try to brush it off. I know you can do that!

8)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/23/06 at 10:36 pm

Having talked to you before Alex on that voice chat thing we used to have here - you are one of the most intelligent younger people I have met in a long time. That being said - you intimidated the heck out of me. I don't know how it happened but the conversation turned to politics and I felt like the stupidest person on the planet.

Intelligent intimidation is the quickest killer of any interaction, whether it is with friends of either sex or a possible girlfriend. It has been said before but I will say it again, reserve what you say until you are further into the relationship, if it progresses to that. That's not to say that you can't let her know your political affiliation, just don't kill it with an all out debate. ;)

First of all- thank you.  Secondly, I apologize if I offended you in any way.  I honestly didn't mean to be intimidating if I came across that way.

I'll remember what you say.  It seems like really sensible advice.  People want to have fun..

You can laugh but the thing that I find helps me boost my self confidence is exercise of any kind. I always feel like I can conquer ANYTHING after rock climbing or hiking in fresh air. The fresh air does something to my mind, it is completely empowering!

You are a good guy, but that person sometimes gets lost amid your fears of rejection and over analyzing. A casual look from a female is a good thing, but try not to read too deeply into it. If a female says hi or asks a question, reply and then try to brush it off. I know you can do that!

8)

That's not funny at all.  I work out actually and I know what you mean.  I've felt better since I started. :)

And thanks again, really.  You're right, I fear rejection.. One step at a time, I guess.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/23/06 at 10:38 pm

smooth move Alex  ;)  you're gettin the hang of it

Now I just gotta work on saying things like that in REAL life without having a heart attack. ;D ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/24/06 at 2:46 am

Now I just gotta work on saying things like that in REAL life without having a heart attack. ;D ;D
;D  ;D  actually it may be a underhanded plan to fake one and perhaps get CPR and mouth to mouth rescusitation like Squints, the little kid in the movie The Sandlot, when he fakes drowning at the pool and the cute lifeguard gives him mouth to mouth, then he grabs her and kisses her. That is so funny. Naw, that's not good advice, and you will be able to say things like that in REAL life, and if she declines the offer for a frothy milkshake, respond with a "I didn't really want one anyway"  ;)
do you mind if I try that your tomorrow with a friend at work? I'll let you know if it works.  8)

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/24/06 at 5:29 am

I agree with all the other advice given to you. Be shy, but not to shy. Be confident, but not too confident etc...

8)

Great post fantastic advice and very pertinent..I can almost sense his emotional barriers from his posts in that he keeps using antagonising behaviour to get attention - that aint the way - but I can see the posts are coming around as being more sociable. Alex sorry to discuss you like your not here.  :)
Guess this will take time and experience, but hey Alex you're only 18..man I thought your profile had 23 on it??  wtf

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/24/06 at 5:33 am

;D I feel your pain, Step-chan.  The other night I heard Carlos Mencia diss on people who read comic books.  You gotta roll with the punches.. ::)

My point in question  :( :(

Written By: Tam on 03/24/06 at 12:05 pm

Great post fantastic advice and very pertinent..I can almost sense his emotional barriers from his posts in that he keeps using antagonising behaviour to get attention - that aint the way - but I can see the posts are coming around as being more sociable. Alex sorry to discuss you like your not here.  :)
Guess this will take time and experience, but hey Alex you're only 18..man I thought your profile had 23 on it??  wtf

Thanks! I thought if I could say the right words and for it to come out right, then there shouldn't be any left over questions...

Again Alex, we apologize for talking as if you are not here...

He is a really good guy, albeit a little naive. The only time I have seen him actually be antagonistic is mostly on the politics board. The problem is that typing on such things as this thread - you can never tell the actual tone of voice or intended banter.  Granted, you can tell with some members exactly what they mean! ;)

The other thing I wanted to say to you Alex was try not to put too much emphasis on losing your virginity. It doesn't matter what your father and uncles and other family members did. You are not them. You are an individual, and by doing things your way and in your time makes you different from everyone else. You are the one who controls your destiny - and you don't have to follow in other peoples footsteps! Stay who you are and you will eventually get to where you need to be.

:)

Written By: Step-chan on 03/24/06 at 1:39 pm

Seriously no disrespect is intended here.   :) :)

None taken.  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Just gave an answer that was too literal for the fun of it. :)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/24/06 at 1:48 pm

Emotional barriers? ???

My point in question  :( :(

Eh?

The other thing I wanted to say to you Alex was try not to put too much emphasis on losing your virginity. It doesn't matter what your father and uncles and other family members did. You are not them. You are an individual, and by doing things your way and in your time makes you different from everyone else. You are the one who controls your destiny - and you don't have to follow in other peoples footsteps! Stay who you are and you will eventually get to where you need to be.

:)

I understand I'm my own person, I just somehow feel like I'm less of a man presently for it.

Written By: La Roche on 03/24/06 at 2:00 pm

I understand I'm my own person, I just somehow feel like I'm less of a man presently for it.

Absoloutly not! ABSOLOUTLY NOT, SAY THAT AGAIN AND I'LL TAKE A KNIFE AND MAKE YOU LESS OF A MAN!

.. :-*

Anywho, you always get some fuuck who say's "Be yourself man, it's the best way"  ::) No it isn't, most people are fuuckin fake ass shiits their entire lives. I've tried being fake, it sucks some major dick.

I walk around like bigfoot.. I play air guitar constantly.. I emit awful noises through different holes.. I'm the crudest person you'll ever meet.. this makes me far happier than pretending to be some piece of shiit snob.

You have to ask yourself an important question.

Would I rather find some slut who thinks I'm great because I'm so refined and wear such great clothes etc etc..

Or.. would you rather wait and meet some amazing woman who say's. "He's fun, he'll do"

Written By: Step-chan on 03/24/06 at 2:08 pm

Absoloutly not! ABSOLOUTLY NOT, SAY THAT AGAIN AND I'LL TAKE A KNIFE AND MAKE YOU LESS OF A MAN!

Anywho, you always get some fuuck who say's "Be yourself man, it's the best way"  ::) No it isn't, most people are fuuckin fake ass shiits their entire lives. I've tried being fake, it sucks some major dick.

I walk around like bigfoot.. I play air guitar constantly.. I emit awful noises through different holes.. I'm the crudest person you'll ever meet.. this makes me far happier than pretending to be some piece of shiit snob.

Would I rather find some slut who thinks I'm great because I'm so refined and wear such great clothes etc etc..

Or.. would you rather wait and meet some amazing woman who say's. "He's fun, he'll do"

WOW. JUST. WOW.  :o 8)

Written By: La Roche on 03/24/06 at 2:09 pm

WOW. JUST. WOW.  :o 8)

:) You sir, have been touched by an Angel.  ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/24/06 at 2:12 pm

:) You sir, have been touched by an Angel.  ;D

...of Darkness. :P ;D

Written By: Step-chan on 03/24/06 at 2:13 pm

Was that what that was?  ;) Cool.

Written By: Step-chan on 03/24/06 at 2:14 pm

Well I am born under a Yang year in the Chinese zodiac. ;D

Written By: La Roche on 03/24/06 at 2:16 pm

;D Yeah, purrdy much.

Lucifer, angel of light.

Anyway.

I hope that clarify's things for ya my man.

Women are fickle creatures.. and men in good relationships are even worse.

Beware the advice of the happy, this do not wish to be joined.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/24/06 at 2:21 pm

Emotional barriers? ???

Eh?

Being less than a man because he has kept his virginity is like saying a girl is less than a woman for losing her virginity.

Written By: Tam on 03/24/06 at 2:40 pm

You are not less of a man because you haven't had sex!

Here is where things can get sticky but I'll say what I think on the matter.
Rushing to the moment of ultimate release is only going to make you feel let down. It isn't going to be pretty the first time : if you make it all the way through without mistakes or the abovious '30 seconds, oops I already came' some will be amazed. Your first time isn't all it's cracked up to be and it just might be better with someone who actually cares about you as opposed to the lady on the street corner. (cheaper too)

Even if you were to start a relationship right this second - doesn't mean you are going to get laid tonight. Women can sense when I man wants to get laid, it is the smell of desperation and it leaves an impression that can never be taken back.

Do you want to have sex with someone who has had like 30+ partners or would you rather learn at the same pace as your partner? I am not saying abstain - shoot, I lost mine just before my 18th birthday but I was also in that relationship for almost a year!

IMHO - your virginity makes you a better man.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/24/06 at 2:49 pm

You are not less of a man because you haven't had sex!

Here is where things can get sticky but I'll say what I think on the matter.
Rushing to the moment of ultimate release is only going to make you feel let down. It isn't going to be pretty the first time : if you make it all the way through without mistakes or the abovious '30 seconds, oops I already came' some will be amazed. Your first time isn't all it's cracked up to be and it just might be better with someone who actually cares about you as opposed to the lady on the street corner. (cheaper too)

Even if you were to start a relationship right this second - doesn't mean you are going to get laid tonight. Women can sense when I man wants to get laid, it is the smell of desperation and it leaves an impression that can never be taken back.

Do you want to have sex with someone who has had like 30+ partners or would you rather learn at the same pace as your partner? I am not saying abstain - shoot, I lost mine just before my 18th birthday but I was also in that relationship for almost a year!

IMHO - your virginity makes you a better man.

Well- first of all, there are tricks to avoid the 30 second foul up.  You can double wrap, and even take care of your own business first before you "take care of your business with her", lol. Plus I've been a chronic self-pleasurer since I was 13.  I know I'm a LOT less sensitive than when I first started.

And why would I want to learn with a partner? I'd MUCH rather have an experienced lover who is like both a lover and a teacher.  That is just me though, not everyones the same.

Written By: Howard on 03/24/06 at 2:51 pm

Being less than a man because he has kept his virginity is like saying a girl is less than a woman for losing her virginity.

And look at me,I'm 32 Years old and STILL a Virgin. >:( ::)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/24/06 at 2:53 pm

You're a stronger man than me, Howie.

I would have given in by now to the temptation to get a you-know-what.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/24/06 at 2:55 pm

OK. Sorry Alex - I was talking out of my arse..(re my advice) please excuse me, I won't ever do it again.

Written By: Howard on 03/24/06 at 2:57 pm

You're a stronger man than me, Howie.

I would have given in by now to the temptation to get a you-know-what.

I'm trying to want to have sex with Robin so badly with these raging horomones of mine.Never date a girl who lives with her Parents.Makes for a very uncomfortable situation in the near future when you want to get intimate with the girl.

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/24/06 at 2:58 pm

AWESOME.   (+1 karma for La Roche, err...I mean, The Shepherd.)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/24/06 at 2:59 pm

OK. Sorry Alex - I was talking out of my arse..(re my advice) please excuse me, I won't ever do it again.

Uh oh.  That doesn't sound too good.

They say be yourself, but when I'm myself I'm an a$$hole apparently.

I'm trying to want to have sex with Robin so badly with these raging horomones of mine.Never date a girl who lives with her Parents.Makes for a very uncomfortable situation in the near future when you want to get intimate with the girl.

You'll find a way, Howie. :)

Written By: Howard on 03/24/06 at 3:00 pm

Uh oh.  That doesn't sound too good.

They say be yourself, but when I'm myself I'm an a$$hole apparently.

You'll find a way, Howie. :)

I could either get a room with hourly rates or just wait till Her and I are married whenever that'll be. >:(  ::)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/24/06 at 3:01 pm

I could either get a room with hourly rates or just wait till Her and I are married whenever that'll be. >:(  ::)

Look for a motel close to the airport. ;)

Written By: Tam on 03/24/06 at 3:03 pm

Well- first of all, there are tricks to avoid the 30 second foul up.  You can double wrap, and even take care of your own business first before you "take care of your business with her", lol. Plus I've been a chronic self-pleasurer since I was 13.  I know I'm a LOT less sensitive than when I first started.

And why would I want to learn with a partner? I'd MUCH rather have an experienced lover who is like both a lover and a teacher.  That is just me though, not everyones the same.

This is the last of my advice for you:

THINGS NOT TO THROW OUT IN CONVERSATION WITH POTENTIAL RELATIONSHIPS (or usually in any social situation)

1. "I've been a chronic self-pleasurer since I was 13."
2. "I feel like less of a man because I'm a virgin."
3. "You can double wrap"
4. "why would I want to learn with a partner?"

Dude... you asked for help and advice, we give it. Unfortunately you already have preconceived notions on the matter so anything further that I say will fall on deaf ears. Best of luck!

Written By: Howard on 03/24/06 at 3:04 pm

Look for a motel close to the airport. ;)

But How long can you stay at a motel for how many hours then you leave after? ???

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/24/06 at 3:06 pm

THINGS NOT TO THROW OUT IN CONVERSATION WITH POTENTIAL RELATIONSHIPS (or usually in any social situation)

3. "You can double wrap"

Dude... you asked for help and advice, we give it. Unfortunately you already have preconceived notions on the matter so anything further that I say will fall on deaf ears. Best of luck!

Ok then.

But How long can you stay at a motel for how many hours then you leave after? ???

I don't know, Howard..

Written By: Howard on 03/24/06 at 3:09 pm

Ok then.

I don't know, Howard..

Oh,you're not too sure? ???

I'll have to check the internet later

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/24/06 at 3:10 pm

I'm my own man, and I'll find a way somehow.  I believe in the Dude.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/24/06 at 3:13 pm

It's always the same wherever I go.  I can't be the real me.  I have to try to pretend to be something that isn't true to myself

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/24/06 at 3:15 pm

Its like my father, never approves of anything I ****in do.

I guess I really am just a "basket case".

Written By: Step-chan on 03/24/06 at 3:20 pm

And as I said before, I'm 29 and still one.

There is actually another good thing about it, you know your clean of any *ahem* STDs.

Written By: Step-chan on 03/24/06 at 3:24 pm

3. "You can double wrap"

Those are the last things I would say in that situation.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/24/06 at 3:25 pm

Those are the last things I would say in that situation.

Good for you.

Written By: La Roche on 03/24/06 at 3:26 pm

There is actually another good thing about it, you know your clean of any *ahem* STDs.

Check again sweet thing.

Written By: Step-chan on 03/24/06 at 3:28 pm

Check again sweet thing.

Huh? What do you mean? The only other way would be blood transfusions.

Written By: La Roche on 03/24/06 at 3:42 pm

Huh? What do you mean? The only other way would be blood transfusions.

You were asleep.. I was lonely...  ;)

Its like my father, never approves of anything I ****in do.

I guess I really am just a "basket case".

Same here.

I listen to bizare Techno and Heavy Metal.
I dress either like a Gangster or a Bum.
I tend to say everything (including what ought to be whisperd) in a voice somewhat like a foghorn.

I think your biggest problem is that because you don't think you have the ability to hook up.. you don't try. I'm sure you'll say you do, but you probably don't.

Right, example.

I need to lose 30lbs right.. and I always say, "Oh well, i'm cutting back on this" or "well i'm running x amount more" If I really wanted to fuuckin lose it.. I could.

Written By: Howard on 03/24/06 at 3:49 pm

You know we have to get some. ;)

Written By: La Roche on 03/24/06 at 3:50 pm

So, you like young lady yes, ah my friend, come to my club, we have drink, you smoke cigar, we see young lady yes?

Written By: Howard on 03/24/06 at 3:53 pm

So, you like young lady yes, ah my friend, come to my club, we have drink, you smoke cigar, we see young lady yes?

Bring them on. ;)

Written By: La Roche on 03/24/06 at 3:55 pm

Bring them on. ;)

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/JudasRoche/kiss.jpg

Written By: Howard on 03/24/06 at 4:01 pm

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e367/JudasRoche/kiss.jpg

Is that all you got?

Written By: La Roche on 03/24/06 at 4:01 pm

Is that all you got?

Yeah, I'm pretty tame.. until the third date..

Written By: Howard on 03/24/06 at 4:04 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty tame.. until the third date..

What do you mean 3rd date?

Written By: Windbreaker05 on 03/24/06 at 4:06 pm

Well, when you first go out, that's the first date. The next time is the second date. The one that comes after the second date is what is known as the third date.  ;D  ;)

(Just messin', Howie, I know that's not where you were confused)

Written By: La Roche on 03/24/06 at 5:00 pm

Come on Howard, you know this, your a super stud.

First date, you decide if you want a second date, that's all.
Second date, you decide how far you wanna go on the third date.
Third date, you forget what you decided on the second date and just have some nasty aggressive sex.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/24/06 at 6:38 pm

Check again sweet thing.

Those one liners kill me  ;D ;D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/24/06 at 6:51 pm

Survey Says>  some slut who thinks I'm great    sluts rule

Quote from: Howard on Today at 02:04:20 PM

Well, when you first go out, that's the first date. The next time is the second date. The one that comes after the second date is what is known as the third date.  ;D  ;)

;D  ;D  you're killin me

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/25/06 at 5:01 am

Umm you don't need to hang there till check out if that's what you mean   ;D

just to add if I've ever needed to stay over in a hotel for job interviews and such you can leave very early in the morning if necessary  ;)

Written By: Howard on 03/25/06 at 7:24 am

Umm you don't need to hang there till check out if that's what you mean   ;D

just to add if I've ever needed to stay over in a hotel for job interviews and such you can leave very early in the morning if necessary  ;)

I'm looking into a motel for Robin and I anyway.I'm sick and tired of not getting many intimate moments with my girlfriend and living with Parents.One motel I was looking into one that's $32 for 4 hours and $36 every other hour including taxes and gratituity.The only problem is to get her out of the house for the day cause the Parents are overprotective and she's going to have to make an excuse that sounds good.I'll let you know what happens. ;) 

Written By: Howard on 03/25/06 at 7:25 am

Come on Howard, you know this, your a super stud.

First date, you decide if you want a second date, that's all.
Second date, you decide how far you wanna go on the third date.
Third date, you forget what you decided on the second date and just have some nasty aggressive sex.

I've been going out with Robin for almost a year and half now,what number date does that count as? ;D

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/25/06 at 7:50 am

I'm looking into a motel for Robin and I anyway.I'm sick and tired of not getting many intimate moments with my girlfriend and living with Parents.One motel I was looking into one that's $32 for 4 hours and $36 every other hour including taxes and gratituity.The only problem is to get her out of the house for the day cause the Parents are overprotective and she's going to have to make an excuse that sounds good.I'll let you know what happens. ;) 

Edited

Ahh I see, the booking system is different in the States, here you just pay one fixed fee per night in the UK (say for example Monday 2pm to 10am the following day is one fixed price or per night as they say)

Written By: Tia on 03/25/06 at 8:10 am

women love to be taken to motels where you pay by the hour.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/25/06 at 10:59 am

I guess whoevers paying the bill does too huh!!

Written By: Tia on 03/25/06 at 11:03 am

I guess whoevers paying the bill does too huh!!
well, I guess it

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/25/06 at 11:04 am

well, I guess it

Written By: Tia on 03/25/06 at 11:12 am

..of course  ;D    me too, pure as the driven snow.
We should start a highly exclusive Perfect People club. Only the absolutely 100 percent virginal and pure of heart and spirit will be allowed to join. :)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/25/06 at 12:51 pm

So what you're saying is that when their back is on a mattress, the meter is running ???

Written By: Tia on 03/25/06 at 1:36 pm

So what you're saying is that when their back is on a mattress, the meter is running ???
Pretty much. isn

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/25/06 at 3:25 pm

Shall we try to resurrect this thread out of the gutter for when Alex gets back?  ;D ;D

Written By: Tia on 03/25/06 at 3:29 pm

Shall we try to resurrect this thread out of the gutter for when Alex gets back?   ;D ;D
pure as the driven snow! think pure as the driven snow!

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/25/06 at 3:34 pm

We should start a highly exclusive Perfect People club. Only the absolutely 100 percent virginal and pure of heart and spirit will be allowed to join. :)

Can I be Chairperson please   ;D

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/25/06 at 9:07 pm

wow...we don't have motels by the hour where I come from! :o  Besides, Howard..I thought the problem was that she wanted to wait until marriage to lose her virginity..not because you guys don't have privacy? ???  Don't ya think that would be way tacky to take her to a slummy joint like that? ::)

Written By: Howard on 03/26/06 at 7:22 am

wow...we don't have motels by the hour where I come from! :o   Besides, Howard..I thought the problem was that she wanted to wait until marriage to lose her virginity..not because you guys don't have privacy? ???   Don't ya think that would be way tacky to take her to a slummy joint like that? ::)

Well Erin,I don't want to wait till marriage.It's much too long.I understand how she feels but wouldn't it be better to lose your virginity now cause what would happen if we break up and she doesn't want to get married?I'm just sick and tired of parents coming home and a boyfriend/girlfriend wants to make out and it doesn't feel intimate sometimes.We both live at home with parents and I guess we both have to live by their rules so they say.

Written By: Howard on 03/26/06 at 7:25 am

4 hours just isn't enough time to fool around.

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/26/06 at 11:07 am

Well Erin,I don't want to wait till marriage.It's much too long.I understand how she feels but wouldn't it be better to lose your virginity now cause what would happen if we break up and she doesn't want to get married?I'm just sick and tired of parents coming home and a boyfriend/girlfriend wants to make out and it doesn't feel intimate sometimes.We both live at home with parents and I guess we both have to live by their rules so they say.

Do you have a car? Sometimes the car is a nice place to make out and stuff (from popular tradition of teens, lol). Or go to a quiet place in upstate New York. Taking her to a motel would make her NOT want to lose her virginity. It would really throw her back, as she would feel cheapened by it. If you're gonna lose your virginity to her, at least make it the Plaza hotel and go ALL out - make it worthy - lol. But don't go into Bates Pay By the Hour To Get Your Kicks Motel and end up regretting it  ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/26/06 at 1:08 pm

Why does setting matter? 

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/26/06 at 1:41 pm

If there is chemistry you can "set the mood" anywhere.  You just need some good tunes, candles, incense...

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/26/06 at 3:08 pm

Actually, that brings me to my one contribution about all this...

A lot of people here have offered you some good advice. Here's the thing: you should consider, you should see what makes sense to you, you should maybe even integrate some of it into your moves, whatever, but...

When you're out there spittin' game, make sure it's your game. Don't load yourself up with so much technique etc. that you lose yourself in the process. If the woman is perceptive (and when it comes to guys, so many of them seem to be) she'll figure out fairly quickly if you've put up some kinda facade. Make sure that, whatever you're doing, it's still you coming through and not just an image, because, trust me, when you find someone who likes you for you and not for something more superficial, it will be one of the most rewarding times of your life.

That is all. Whatever you do, best of luck.

Edited

That's a really cool post and great advice.

If there is chemistry you can "set the mood" anywhere.  You just need some good tunes, candles, incense...

Alex   :) :)  I love what you said there dude and I agree with you - if the chemistry is totally right between you and her then you don't even need the accoutrements, they're merely added extras.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/26/06 at 8:37 pm

Do you have a car? Sometimes the car is a nice place to make out and stuff (from popular tradition of teens, lol). Or go to a quiet place in upstate New York. Taking her to a motel would make her NOT want to lose her virginity. It would really throw her back, as she would feel cheapened by it. If you're gonna lose your virginity to her, at least make it the Plaza hotel and go ALL out - make it worthy - lol. But don't go into Bates Pay By the Hour To Get Your Kicks Motel and end up regretting it  ;D

that's a good idea there, Krissy....ya know, maybe she would like it if Howard thought of a creative place/way to set the mood? ??? ;)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/26/06 at 9:20 pm

that's a good idea there, Krissy....ya know, maybe she would like it if Howard thought of a creative place/way to set the mood? ??? ;)

I'm tellin' ya, good tunes, candles, some incense..

Perfect ambience=

Rainy, windy spring day.  Open the windows, turn off the lights, put out some candles, and light some Nag Champa incense.  Top it off with good music.

Black Magic Woman by Santana

Rainy Day Dream Away by Jimi Hendrix

Riders On The Storm by The Doors

In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed by The Allman Brothers Band

Lay Lady Lay by Bob Dylan

Those are all good tunes for setting a nice mood, IMO.

Snacks are good too.  Club crackers, cheese, oysters(you can get them in jars), and some Perrier water maybe..

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/26/06 at 9:26 pm

Another good song..

Time Of The Season - The Zombies(wasn't that the name of the band who did it?)

And I forgot dessert!  Strawberries and whipped cream..

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/26/06 at 9:31 pm

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/26/06 at 10:58 pm

I honestly don't understand what it truely takes.

My best friend who lives in Dallas picks up chicks effortlessly.  He's just so good.. and I suck so badly.  I can't figure out how he does it.

Then again, cooking is natural to me.  And some people can't boil water.

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/26/06 at 11:22 pm

I honestly don't understand what it truely takes.

My best friend who lives in Dallas picks up chicks effortlessly.  He's just so good.. and I suck so badly.  I can't figure out how he does it.

Then again, cooking is natural to me.  And some people can't boil water.

women like men who can cook well! Nothing better than a nice dinner cooked by the man...a very nice touch! ;)

Written By: Dominic L. on 03/26/06 at 11:29 pm

women like men who can cook well! Nothing better than a nice dinner cooked by the man...a very nice touch! ;)

They also like neat people.. Act gay, that works too... it's true!

Try it.

Not that I'd know...  ::)

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/26/06 at 11:30 pm

Try it.

yep, I have known quite a few guys that truly were gay, and let me tell you...the ladies loved them just as much! ;)

Written By: Dominic L. on 03/26/06 at 11:32 pm

yep, I have known quite a few guys that truly were gay, and let me tell you...the ladies loved them just as much! ;)

Ah, what an ironic twist of life!

Written By: La Roche on 03/26/06 at 11:35 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 03/26/06 at 11:46 pm

LOL!  I remember when I was in high school and there would be this guy that all the girls would LOVE...and I would be totally like, "OMG, he's so gay"...and then years later I would hear that he definitely was gay! ;D

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/27/06 at 12:01 am

I benched 180 today..

I think I'll volunteer at the shelter some more this coming week..

Then I got a gig with the band coming up too...

So busy! :D

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/27/06 at 12:48 am

Try it.

dom you doofus, that almost made me choke on my diet coke  ;D  ;D
dammit LOL  acting gay will only get him more conversation and that's it.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/27/06 at 2:00 am

::) a few spliffs too?? ... c-o-o-l  man  ::)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/27/06 at 2:07 am

::) a few spliffs too?? ... c-o-o-l  man  ::)

Eh?

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/27/06 at 1:04 pm

If he's truly your friend, then ask him for some pointers.  Not only that, but next time he's out hustling chicks, observe him. Study his body language and his attitude, and how the girls interact with him. It can be quite fascinating if you look at it that way.

Written By: Howard on 03/27/06 at 4:13 pm

No,I don't drive.I take public transportation.I changed my mind just not to get her anxious but I'm not going to think about a motel right now.Let me worry about my job and other things.I just have too much sex on my brain. ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/27/06 at 4:15 pm

What do you mean a creative place? She likes making out in private so I don't know where or how. ???

Written By: Step-chan on 03/27/06 at 5:45 pm

You were asleep.. I was lonely...  ;)

::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Okay then.....

(goes and checks)

No STDs, whew!

:D :D :D :D :D

Written By: Step-chan on 03/27/06 at 5:47 pm

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Written By: La Roche on 03/27/06 at 11:01 pm

I benched 180 today..

I think I'll volunteer at the shelter some more this coming week..

Then I got a gig with the band coming up too...

So busy! :D

180, I knew you could manage at least that.. like I said. If a 10 year old girl could do 135..

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/27/06 at 11:38 pm

180, I knew you could manage at least that.. like I said. If a 10 year old girl could do 135..

Err, I was kidding man.

Written By: La Roche on 03/27/06 at 11:41 pm

Err, I was kidding man.

Ooohh...

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/27/06 at 11:44 pm

Ooohh...

About benching 180.  I can only bench 100.  I wasn't kidding about saying I only benched 100..

Written By: Howard on 03/28/06 at 6:21 am

Always try something erotic like what I did on Sunday where I put a Hershey's Chocolate Caramel Kiss on her belly button,sucked it right out and left a trail of caramel to lick off.Women always love to try something different. ;) O0

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/28/06 at 8:04 am

Always try something erotic like what I did on Sunday where I put a Hershey's Chocolate Caramel Kiss on her belly button,sucked it right out and left a trail of caramel to lick off.Women always love to try something different. ;) O0

Yyyyeah, I think he might want to master the act of talking to a girl first, Howard.

Written By: La Roche on 03/28/06 at 8:09 am

Remember Howard, she'll really like it if you spit the caramel in her eye.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/28/06 at 10:00 am

About benching 180.  I can only bench 100.  I wasn't kidding about saying I only benched 100..

Alex 100 is still pretty good going  :)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/28/06 at 12:51 pm

Yyyyeah, I think he might want to master the act of talking to a girl first, Howard.

;D

Its okay, he is just trying to help.  When I have a girlfriend someday, I'll try that Howard. ;D ;)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/28/06 at 12:52 pm

Alex 100 is still pretty good going  :)

Thanks. 8)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/28/06 at 2:24 pm

The approach is the hard part.  Asking a woman out seems really daunting to me.  I mean, it was difficult enough in High School. But it seems even more hard to do out in the "real world".

Written By: Howard on 03/28/06 at 3:21 pm

I did that MD.

Written By: Howard on 03/28/06 at 3:24 pm

Remember Howard, she'll really like it if you spit the caramel in her eye.

Why would I want to spit the caramel in her eye for?
Spit it in her mouth to let her taste the creamy goodness. ;D ;)

Written By: Howard on 03/28/06 at 3:26 pm

;D

Its okay, he is just trying to help.  When I have a girlfriend someday, I'll try that Howard. ;D ;)

Pick up her blouse first. ;)

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/28/06 at 4:32 pm

Pick up her blouse first. ;)

Thanks for the tip. ;D

Written By: lorac614 on 03/28/06 at 5:30 pm

No offense Howard, but how come every post always winds up being about you sex life...or lack of? 

Written By: MidKnightDarkness on 03/28/06 at 5:32 pm

I did that MD.

..Eh?!

Er, nevermind...

No offense Howard, but how come every post always winds up being about you sex life...or lack of? 

Because that's.. just Howard, yo.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/28/06 at 5:38 pm

Theres a girl who works at the grocery store I'd like to ask out.

Written By: La Roche on 03/28/06 at 5:41 pm

Spit caramel in her eye, that'll show her you're tough and take no shiit.

Then find a quiet corner and take a leak there, that'll show her you are child like and free.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/28/06 at 5:43 pm

Then find a quiet corner and take a leak there, that'll show her you are child like and free.

lol

I think I'll try something else.

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/28/06 at 9:51 pm

So...

I wish I could figure out a good way to ask this girl out or something.

Unfortunately, I don't know her or have spoken to her.  I go in the grocery store where she works a lot, probably 3 or 4 times a week on average.  Shes always there.  But she works in the cubicle upfront answering the phone and doing paperwork, so she doesn't interact with customers really.

I don't even know if she's ever noticed me.

Written By: La Roche on 03/28/06 at 11:32 pm

So...

I wish I could figure out a good way to ask this girl out or something.

Unfortunately, I don't know her or have spoken to her.  I go in the grocery store where she works a lot, probably 3 or 4 times a week on average.  Shes always there.  But she works in the cubicle upfront answering the phone and doing paperwork, so she doesn't interact with customers really.

I don't even know if she's ever noticed me.

.. You make me want to throttle a child dude.

There is only one way you can do this I'm afraid.. and I know you have low confidence, but the ONLY GODDAM WAY to improve your confidence is to at least try. You are at the moment at the bottom rung on the ladder, the only way is up ("baby" - remember that song?).

I will script this for you and if you follow it you are in with a shot.

"Hi, how's it going?"
HER LINE'S START NOW AND ARE IN SINGLE MARKS!'Oh, Ok'
"Good, well, I was just wondering if you might not be too busy one night this week?"
'Oh right..'
"Yeah, I was just thinking, ya know, if you might want to go out and do something?"

Ok.. this is so simple even a child could do it.. I don't think you're ready for anything more complex yet.
If she agrees, you suggest things you could do.
I'd keep with simple stuff like dinner and a movie, it's old, but it works.
Then you slip her a Royhpie and nail her in an uncomfortable place.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/29/06 at 12:30 am

There is only one way you can do this I'm afraid.. and I know you have low confidence, but the ONLY GODDAM WAY to improve your confidence is to at least try. You are at the moment at the bottom rung on the ladder, the only way is up ("baby" - remember that song?).

"Hi, how's it going?"
"Good, well, I was just wondering if you might not be too busy one night this week?"
'Oh right..'
"Yeah, I was just thinking, ya know, if you might want to go out and do something?"

Ok.. this is so simple even a child could do it.. I don't think you're ready for anything more complex yet.
Shep!!! I just used your script and it truly works  dude, I went up to this chick I been "preying", I mean checking out and made my move and she went for it, I was a little shaky at first but when she said sure, she'd like to, I was enthralled.  The fact that this chick is my wife doesn't matter does it?  ::) 

Written By: La Sine Pesroh on 03/29/06 at 12:46 am

"Hi, how's it going?"
'Oh right..'

This is all sound advice, all except for the very last line. Instead of slipping her a roofie, you instead slip her some clomipramine and start droning on about power tools...

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/29/06 at 1:30 am

Its just not easy for a ballsy person like yourself to understand. >:(

Its not a "confidence" thing.  I like who I am.  It is a thing of I get NERVOUS.  Extremely nervous..

Look.  I just can't do it.  I just can't go up to a chic and talk to her like that.  If that makes me less of a man- whatever.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 03/29/06 at 1:55 am

Its not a "confidence" thing.  I like who I am.  It is a thing of I get NERVOUS.  Extremely nervous..

Look.  I just can't do it.  I just can't go up to a chic and talk to her like that.  If that makes me less of a man- whatever.
It doesn't make you less at all. It ain't easy, fact! even for seasoned veterans.  you'll get the hang of it. just don't fret and put pressure on yourself. you're gonna be ok at this one day.  8)

Written By: karen on 03/29/06 at 3:30 am

So you take it even slower.  One day go into the store and just say hi to her as you pass by.  Keep it at that level for a few times. (perhaps just catch her eye and smile the first time if you can't manage to speak).  Then she will start to recognise you.  Then you can try and ask her out.  Try and sound positive when you do it.  Although you think Shpe' script sounds 'ballsy' I think it still sounds a little apologetic and gives her too much of a chance to say 'no'

Written By: Howard on 03/29/06 at 6:14 am

I don't know.I have nothing else to talk about.I just have too much time on my hands. ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/29/06 at 6:15 am

Thanks for the tip. ;D

You're Welcome. O0

Written By: KKay on 03/29/06 at 8:15 am

It works.  But I prefer someone pee around me to mark their territory.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/29/06 at 8:51 am

Just be pleasant and make happy smiley eye contact with her and see what her reaction is to you?

but don't  grab her blouse!   ;D (joke)

Anyone wanna help out here with more tips?

Written By: La Roche on 03/29/06 at 9:25 am

Although you think Shpe' script sounds 'ballsy' I think it still sounds a little apologetic and gives her too much of a chance to say 'no'

I'd agree with that.

Dude, if you wanna know what I'd say.

Well first, I wouldn't need to say anything.. just walk past, give her The Eye and keep walking.. soon I'd have her attatched to the back of my leg.

But seriously, yo.

If you are that nervous you have to be careful.
Don't be just friendly, because then you become the worst possible thing 'A friend'. All the women I know I'm occasionally awful to.. that way they don't think of me as a good enough friend so's that we can't screw.
Thus, you have to tread the thin line.
Be nice, but not too nice.

I'd suggest flowers with the right and a backhand with the left.

Written By: Mr Tumnus on 03/29/06 at 10:32 am

I'd agree with that.

Dude, if you wanna know what I'd say.

Well first, I wouldn't need to say anything.. just walk past, give her The Eye and keep walking.. soon I'd have her attatched to the back of my leg.

But seriously, yo.

If you are that nervous you have to be careful.
Don't be just friendly, because then you become the worst possible thing 'A friend'. All the women I know I'm occasionally awful to.. that way they don't think of me as a good enough friend so's that we can't screw.
Thus, you have to tread the thin line.
Be nice, but not too nice.

I'd suggest flowers with the right and a backhand with the left.

Edit

You really know how to treat a woman huh!!   ;D ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/29/06 at 1:10 pm

I don't know if there's any help when it comes to approaching a woman. I think some guys just do it all wrong. There's too much excitement in it for them. Just relax. Women just need someone who's laid back and not going to jump all over them. We get tired of guys deeming us that way, so we'd just like someone who can see us as an equal.

Written By: La Roche on 03/29/06 at 1:54 pm

Edit

You really know how to treat a woman huh!!  ;D ;D

None have ever complained... or.. said much else..

Written By: Howard on 03/29/06 at 4:23 pm

It works.  But I prefer someone pee around me to mark their territory.

Oh so you like a golden shower? :o :P

Written By: deadrockstar on 03/29/06 at 7:28 pm

I don't know if there's any help when it comes to approaching a woman. I think some guys just do it all wrong. There's too much excitement in it for them. Just relax. Women just need someone who's laid back and not going to jump all over them. We get tired of guys deeming us that way, so we'd just like someone who can see us as an equal.

Well how can it not be exciting? ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/30/06 at 2:30 pm

Well how can it not be exciting? ;D

It's exciting, yes, but some guys are so excited that they come off as little boys who have just eaten a ton of candy and are sweating profusely and TRY TOO HARD!

Written By: Howard on 03/30/06 at 2:36 pm

Just be pleasant and make happy smiley eye contact with her and see what her reaction is to you?

but don't  grab her blouse!   ;D (joke)

Anyone wanna help out here with more tips?

Then you can go to the fruit section and grab your big banana and her ripe melons.  ;D

Written By: ultraviolet52 on 03/30/06 at 2:43 pm

Then you can go to the fruit section and grab your big banana and her ripe melons.  ;D

Howard, I don't know how you end up tickling my funny bone, but you sure got me this time!  ;D

Written By: Howard on 03/30/06 at 2:45 pm

Howard, I don't know how you end up tickling my funny bone, but you sure got me this time!   ;D

Well,I'm glad I did. ;)

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/06/08 at 2:58 am

wanna take a stroll down inthe00s memory lane?  read the first pages of this. it's pretty fun reading 

there hasn't been much discussion on this subject lately since The Dude departed. 

*BUMP*

Written By: quirky_cat_girl on 12/06/08 at 11:08 pm

sometimes I actually miss that boy. :o :D

Written By: thereshegoes on 12/08/08 at 9:46 am

This was a fun read :D

We should bring this topic back, we all could use some help in the romance department,no?

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/08/08 at 12:17 pm

This was a fun read :D

We should bring this topic back, we all could use some help in the romance department,no?
yes it was. the romantically challenged person that started the thread has since been banned (too bad) and he considered AL-B  his mentor. lots of advice, tips were given on what to do and what not to do.

Written By: thereshegoes on 12/08/08 at 3:30 pm

yes it was. the romantically challenged person that started the thread has since been banned (too bad) and he considered AL-B  his mentor. lots of advice, tips were given on what to do and what not to do.

Lots of helpful tips 8)

I have a question to all the guys here...if a girl asks you out do you feel intimidated or you actually welcome it?

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/08/08 at 3:41 pm

Lots of helpful tips 8)

I have a question to all the guys here...if a girl asks you out do you feel intimidated or you actually welcome it?

I'd probably be thrilled :D

But not now, because I'm married.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/08/08 at 4:19 pm

Lots of helpful tips 8)

this guy welcomes it   welcomed being asked out before I got married, in fact Lady Di asked me out for our first date  ;D  I'd say it's an ego-boost for sure. I got asked out once by a chick that I would have never asked out, but we went out for some food, that was it, nothing more. It was obvious to me she wanted a boyfriend, and I was not interested. some guys are shy about asking, and if a girl senses that, she should go ahead and make the first move.

Written By: thereshegoes on 12/08/08 at 4:37 pm

I'd probably be thrilled :D

But not now, because I'm married.

Is it true that women hit on married guys more than on single ones?

this guy welcomes it   welcomed being asked out before I got married, in fact Lady Di asked me out for our first date  ;D   I'd say it's an ego-boost for sure. I got asked out once by a chick that I would have never asked out, but we went out for some food, that was it, nothing more. It was obvious to me she wanted a boyfriend, and I was not interested. some guys are shy about asking, and if a girl senses that, she should go ahead and make the first move.

Yes that's my policy too,i'm not shy at all and i like shy men so if i like someone i just go for it but i've had guys telling me that makes me look too easy ::)

Written By: Midas on 12/08/08 at 4:44 pm

Lots of helpful tips 8)

Prior to being engaged, I'd welcome it.  I can't say that it's ever happened to me.  I asked my fiancé out at not the best time for me financially but we had a good 1st date. :)

Is it true that women hit on married guys more than on single ones?

Ask me again in a year. :D  I really don't remember being hit on that much the first time around.

Written By: Jessica on 12/08/08 at 4:49 pm

Ask me again in a year. :D  I really don't remember being hit on that much the first time around.

*marks date on calendar*

:D

Written By: Midas on 12/08/08 at 4:57 pm

*marks date on calendar*

:D

Better make it like a year and two weeks or something.  :D

Written By: Jessica on 12/08/08 at 5:01 pm

Better make it like a year and two weeks or something.   :D

Gotcha.

*makes note to hit on Midas in a year AND two weeks*

Yes that's my policy too,i'm not shy at all and i like shy men so if i like someone i just go for it but i've had guys telling me that makes me look too easy ::)

Man, if I were a guy and you asked me out, I would not be calling you "easy". ;)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/08/08 at 8:08 pm

The real question is, would you go out with me if I asked YOU out?  :o :o

Written By: Jessica on 12/08/08 at 9:32 pm

The real question is, would you go out with me if I asked YOU out?  :o :o

Yes. http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/naughty.gif

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/09/08 at 12:49 am

Yes. http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/naughty.gif
I think he was talking to Midas  ??? 

Written By: Midas on 12/09/08 at 8:43 am

I think he was talking to Midas  ??? 

Written By: thereshegoes on 12/09/08 at 1:34 pm

Prior to being engaged, I'd welcome it.  I can't say that it's ever happened to me.  I asked my fiancé out at not the best time for me financially but we had a good 1st date. :)

Well you're marrying her so i figure it was better than good ;)

Man, if I were a guy and you asked me out, I would not be calling you "easy". ;)

Just Izzy? :-*

Written By: thereshegoes on 12/09/08 at 1:52 pm

Another question for the boys...

Why do you have such a hard time saying "i love you"?

Written By: Philip Eno on 12/09/08 at 1:54 pm

I do not find it hard to say "I love you" to my wife.

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/09/08 at 1:57 pm

It's not hard for me, she should say it more though :D :D

Written By: Midas on 12/09/08 at 1:57 pm

I don't have a hard time if I mean it.  I'm not going to repeat it ad nauseum though because that can tend to devalue the meaning of saying it IMO.

Written By: thereshegoes on 12/09/08 at 2:04 pm

^
I understand your reason. And karma to the gutsy "i love you" men :)

Written By: Tam on 12/09/08 at 2:04 pm

I don't have a hard time if I mean it.  I'm not going to repeat it ad nauseum though because that can tend to devalue the meaning of saying it IMO.

Agreed.

You will find hubby and I say it A LOT while he is deployed.
Back here though, it is used but never as much.
I personally like using it under unmentionable circumstances ;)

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/09/08 at 2:05 pm

This guy knows what's up

:D :D

Written By: karen on 12/09/08 at 2:13 pm

I personally like using it under unmentionable circumstances ;)

If you mean what I think you mean I am never sure about using it then.  It's almost like it's expected or a 'payment'  :-\\  Not saying that I don't say it but try not to overdo it at such times.

Written By: Tam on 12/09/08 at 2:15 pm

If you mean what I think you mean I am never sure about using it then.  It's almost like it's expected or a 'payment'  :-\\  Not saying that I don't say it but try not to overdo it at such times.

You got it right.
It is weird sometimes...

Hey - Idea alert!!!

New thread coming soon!!!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/09/08 at 2:19 pm

^ :o

Written By: thereshegoes on 12/09/08 at 2:19 pm

Do you in english say i'm loving you when you're making love to someone? 'Cause in portuguese we say that a lot, in fact i've come to the conclusion that english speaking people are really skimpy with the words "i love you".

Written By: Jessica on 12/09/08 at 2:22 pm

It's not hard for me, she should say it more though :D :D

I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/09/08 at 2:25 pm

:) :-*

Written By: Rice_Cube on 12/09/08 at 4:08 pm

I'm the last person on Earth to give advice on this, but here it goes:

See, treat, and interact with women as ordinary people.

I've been of the market because of economic and other conditions. However do to a work environment in high "female count", I've had to interact with women on a professional and then personal level. In other words seeing the fairer sex as real people and not as some mysterious symbol to approach. Stop trying to find a mate and just get more active in activities that are populated with women you might be interested in. This leads to familiarity which if there is a natural connection leads to flirting. If things continue you find yourselves inadvertently casually touching each other and being around each other more. Instead of trying to meet a stranger and convince her to go out with you, the two of you will already know each other and would have given each other the signals that there is a spark.

Glory!  Wisdom +11.

Written By: Dominic L. on 12/13/08 at 12:14 am

Do you in english say i'm loving you when you're making love to someone? 'Cause in portuguese we say that a lot, in fact i've come to the conclusion that english speaking people are really skimpy with the words "i love you".

My girlfriend and I say it too much.

I mean, a lot.

But that's okay, I like it.

The thing is that if you say it very rarely, the times one does say it mean so much more.

Check for new replies or respond here...