inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: The Memorial Thread

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/26/08 at 12:40 pm

It seems like a lot of board members have been losing loved one lately. I thought it would be nice if we had a place where we can talk about the people (or even pets) who have left us. Call it grief counseling if you will. I will go first.

As most of you know, I lost my beloved grandmother in Feb. who was 99 years young. Even at her advanced age, she was as sharp as a tack. She was highly intelligent but unfortunately, she grew up during a time when women didn't have many opportunities.  She wrote a couple of cookbooks and was famous for her cookies. She is even on Wikipedia thanks to my cousin. 

I lived with her for about a year when I was a teen. There was a lot of things going on with my parents which is why I went to live with her. After that year, I went to live with my mother and step-father and I think that hurt Grandma which I feel so guilty about.

She used to always recite Shakespeare. My dad learned it from her as did I. One time, the 3 of us would be reciting Shakespeare as one of my sisters looked at us as if we were from a different planet or something. But, the 3 of us knew-sort of like speaking our own language. When I look in the mirror, I see my grandmother's eyes. There is a photo of her when she was a teen that if people didn't know, they would think it was me. This is one of my favorite photos of her-it is her college graduation photo.

A couple weeks ago, we were all dividing up her stuff-I know it seems so sad. She downsized years ago and made sure everyone got something so these were the things that meant so much to her to hold on to. I got the majority of her books. There was an old book of the complete works of Shakespeare. I said if no one wanted it, I would take it-the book was falling apart but it had my great-grandfather's signature in front. (People wrote their names in their books in those days). No one wanted it but I had the feeling my dad would (he wasn't in the room at the time). Everyone was saying that Dad wouldn't. When he came into the room, I showed it to him and he did indeed want it. I can't understand why no one else in my family understands how important Shakespeare was to Grandma or to Dad & myself.  When we first got to town, we went to my niece's house (because that was the place I knew how to get to). One of the first things she did was hand me Grandma's copy of Gone With the Wind-the same book that I used for a class project when I lived with her. I almost started crying. I didn't realize that the book was a gift to her and my grandfather from her sister (who was also beloved and we lost about 10-15 years ago).

One of sisters used to tell "Funny Grandma stories" to the people she worked with because she was the one who took Grandma to her appointments, grocery shopping, etc. It was her who Grandma counted on more than anyone. I know my sister is probably grieving more than any of us (except for maybe my dad & aunt).

Good-night sweet Grandma. And may flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Anyway, that is my memorial. Who is next?

Cat

Subject: Re: The Memorial Thread

Written By: Gis on 08/26/08 at 1:05 pm

I also lost my Grandmother 2 and a half years ago now. At first I missed her so much the pain would take my breath away, it was physical, like being punched in the stomach. I still see things I would love to show her or tell her. She was quite a shy and quiet person until you got to know her but she had the wickedest sense of humour, I have it too so we always laughed ourselves silly at things that horrified or bewildered everyone else, I'm thrilled to see it live on in my nephew.
She loved to read and devoured books. When she grew up Oliver Twist was the only book in the house and she could quote passages of it by heart.
She was one of the kindest and  most generous people I have ever met and would literally give the shirt off her back to help someone. This after having a very tough childhood and a early married life.
She had SO many little sayings, I was always trying to get her to write them down, some were so funny. Sadly I can't remember them all but I am becoming know for saying 'as my Nan would say' before using one of her saying or quotes.
People interested her and she was always finding new things to get into and learn about. She had a thirst for knowledge which came from the fact she was very clever but never had the chance to really learn.She was also stubborn as a mule which was often infuriating. 
I can remember days of sitting round the kitchen table with endless mugs of tea talking and talking and talking. She was hugely important in my life and quite frankly I feel honoured to have know such a wonderful person. 

Written By: Howard on 08/26/08 at 1:18 pm

I lost my brother who was older than me died June 8th,1995 from a diabetic coma in his sleep,He was 24.And He was my only brother.
I also lost my Cousin Steven who was 57 and our family's best friend Bernie who died at the age of 81 of a heart attack/cancer earlier this year. :\'(

Written By: snozberries on 08/26/08 at 11:04 pm

My best friend and "sister" died from a rare form of cervical cancer in '04. Her daughter, now 20, just became a mom. I feel so bad that Patti can't see, touch, hold her grandson but she must be looking out for him in some way because the kid has heart problems but is going strong.

I miss Carly still with every fiber of my soul and not a day goes by that I don't think of her or wish she were still here with me. People keep telling me to get another dog but the bond we shared was tighter than I've ever felt out of all the animals I owned. I never owned Carly she was truly a part of me.

Written By: coqueta83 on 08/26/08 at 11:36 pm

Wonderful idea, Cat.  :)

I lost my father just a little over 10 years ago.  :\'( We didn't always agree or see eye to eye, but I still miss him terribly. He was a great person to talk to, an excellent listener, and tolerated my tastes in music and other entertainment.

I also miss my cuddly little angel, Sammy.  :\'( Sammy is an apricot minature poodle that will always be a part of my life, no matter how old I get. I lost him in 2005. He was warm, soft, and so damn loving. I still miss him terribly.

Written By: Davester on 08/26/08 at 11:46 pm

To Gramps - It's been thirteen years.  Miss you.  I'm okay...

To Skip - It's been eighteen years.  Wish we could've brought you with us.  You were a good boy.  You were the only dog I ever had.  Sorry for shooting you with my bb gun...

To Uncle Glen - It's been thirty years.  Miss you.  I wasn't really mad at you for calling me "pig-o"...

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/26/08 at 11:57 pm

This is a great thread. I lost my Mom and my best friend in  January. No one on earth could make me laugh like she did. When will it feel better? I had the good fortune to visit her, the Dec before she died, so I have a video snippet I would like to share. Its going to be really hard getting through the holidays this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STiYxw4_z0s

Written By: Davester on 08/27/08 at 12:01 am

This is a great thread. I lost my Mom and my best friend in  January. No one on earth could make me laugh like she did. When will it feel better? I had the good fortune to visit her, the Dec before she died, so I have a video snippet I would like to share. Its going to be really hard getting through the holidays this year.

Aw, your mom was a sweet lady, I bet...

And hip, too!  "She looks like Darth Vader"...LMAO..!

Written By: ninny on 08/27/08 at 6:06 am

I lost my beloved mother Louise to Ovarian cancer Oct.4th 1985. Both sets of grandparents and 4 uncles. They are all missed everyday.

Written By: Howard on 08/27/08 at 6:14 am

Next Month,It would make it 19 years since My Grandfather passed away on September 24th,1989.

Written By: gibbo on 08/27/08 at 6:49 am

It seems like a lot of board members have been losing loved one lately. I thought it would be nice if we had a place where we can talk about the people (or even pets) who have left us. Call it grief counseling if you will. I will go first.

As most of you know, I lost my beloved grandmother in Feb. who was 99 years young. Even at her advanced age, she was as sharp as a tack. She was highly intelligent but unfortunately, she grew up during a time when women didn't have many opportunities.  She wrote a couple of cookbooks and was famous for her cookies. She is even on Wikipedia thanks to my cousin. 

I lived with her for about a year when I was a teen. There was a lot of things going on with my parents which is why I went to live with her. After that year, I went to live with my mother and step-father and I think that hurt Grandma which I feel so guilty about.

She used to always recite Shakespeare. My dad learned it from her as did I. One time, the 3 of us would be reciting Shakespeare as one of my sisters looked at us as if we were from a different planet or something. But, the 3 of us knew-sort of like speaking our own language. When I look in the mirror, I see my grandmother's eyes. There is a photo of her when she was a teen that if people didn't know, they would think it was me. This is one of my favorite photos of her-it is her college graduation photo.

A couple weeks ago, we were all dividing up her stuff-I know it seems so sad. She downsized years ago and made sure everyone got something so these were the things that meant so much to her to hold on to. I got the majority of her books. There was an old book of the complete works of Shakespeare. I said if no one wanted it, I would take it-the book was falling apart but it had my great-grandfather's signature in front. (People wrote their names in their books in those days). No one wanted it but I had the feeling my dad would (he wasn't in the room at the time). Everyone was saying that Dad wouldn't. When he came into the room, I showed it to him and he did indeed want it. I can't understand why no one else in my family understands how important Shakespeare was to Grandma or to Dad & myself.  When we first got to town, we went to my niece's house (because that was the place I knew how to get to). One of the first things she did was hand me Grandma's copy of Gone With the Wind-the same book that I used for a class project when I lived with her. I almost started crying. I didn't realize that the book was a gift to her and my grandfather from her sister (who was also beloved and we lost about 10-15 years ago).

One of sisters used to tell "Funny Grandma stories" to the people she worked with because she was the one who took Grandma to her appointments, grocery shopping, etc. It was her who Grandma counted on more than anyone. I know my sister is probably grieving more than any of us (except for maybe my dad & aunt).

Good-night sweet Grandma. And may flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.  :\'( :\'( :\'(

Cat

That was beautiful Cat...thanks for sharing. :)

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/27/08 at 11:13 am

Aw, your mom was a sweet lady, I bet...

And hip, too!  "She looks like Darth Vader"...LMAO..!

Had I known how little time we had left I would have shot hours of video.

Thanks she was always a "hip chick"... Loved The Moody Blues would take us to concerts when we were small. John Denver, Gilbert O'Sullivan,  The Carpenters, Johnny Cash just to name a few. We "kidnapped her that day and took her to Red Lobster, with the staff telling us we couldn't and her telling them to go to hell, she would do what she wanted. She was a fiesty old "broad", and I loved her dearly.
When she died, she left the decision up to me.. she had no advance directive in place and she was on partial life support. She told me she was tired and she wanted to be with my father and her dog. They removed her life support stopped giving her meds and put her on Ativan and morphine. When I arrived Friday night she was still semi lucid, My youngest brother and my nephew ( he flew in from Bulgaria) were there as well as my own children.
My daughter spent two nights with her in the hospital. My family thought it would be too stressful on my heart. I spent the days by her side
holding her hand stroking her forehead, and cheek, and reassuring her that it was okay to let go her work was done, we were all grown, and it was time to go be with her Mom and Dad, my father and her beloved dog. She died on Sunday in my arms, I felt her pulse stop, scooped her up told her I loved her and not to be afraid. And she stopped breathing. It was peaceful, I was there, and would not have had it any other way. But it was still a crushing experience, the days afterward are a blur.
I have some pics posted on the say cheese board of me and Mom when we were both much younger.

Death has certainly had a busy year so far..............

Written By: snozberries on 08/27/08 at 1:35 pm

Hey Cat this is really a good topic... you should put it on the front page. I know it's bad form to put your own topic on the front page but I think this one warrants promotion.

That's why I'm stating it publicly.... so no one can accuse you of self promotion  ;D

Sorry to all who have lost loved ones.

My maternal grandfather passed when I was a toddler (2 or 3)

My paternal grandfather passed when I was in the 5th grade

My maternal grandmother passed St. Pat's day 1997 (she was 94 at the time) her  birthday is coming up on 9/4

My paternal grandmother (aka the bitch) died right around my dad's birthday (Aug 17th) a couple of years ago.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/27/08 at 2:18 pm

Hey Cat this is really a good topic... you should put it on the front page. I know it's bad form to put your own topic on the front page but I think this one warrants promotion.

That's why I'm stating it publicly.... so no one can accuse you of self promotion  ;D

Aww, thanks. I wish I could karma you for that but I will have to owe you-until tomorrow.

BTW, I could never put any of my threads (or Carlos') on the Front Page-there is only 1 person who can do that. So if you (or anyone for that matter), think that either of us have a thread worthy of the Front Page, talk to "Da Man".

Cat

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 08/27/08 at 2:23 pm

My Grandfather died October 22 of last year.  He was 95.  I'm told his last few months were the hardest, he wanted to check out but the nursing home wouldn't let him.  (He should have had a DNR order.)  He was the last of my Grandparents, even after all this time I still miss him.  My Mom misses him more than I ever imagined she would.  So to my favorite "grumping" partner I'll just say . . . love you, miss you, wish you were still here.

I know this may sound silly but I had a dear friend in high school who died of bone cancer, not a day goes by I don't think of her.  She was sick for 8 months.  My parents would take me to visit her whenever she wasn't at Pittsburgh Children's Hospital for treatment.  She'd always tell me she was going to beat it and be back in school.  I haven't known anyone with her determination.  I had an opal ring that she liked.  In fact she'd tell me if I ever fell asleep in class it was gone.  She was buried with it.  Even today all of my problems seem so minor considering the hell she went through at 15.  Miss you Jenny.  Hope they have soft pretzel and Klondike Bars up there.

Written By: snozberries on 08/27/08 at 3:34 pm

I know this may sound silly but I had a dear friend in high school who died of bone cancer, not a day goes by I don't think of her.  She was sick for 8 months.  My parents would take me to visit her whenever she wasn't at Pittsburgh Children's Hospital for treatment.  She'd always tell me she was going to beat it and be back in school.  I haven't known anyone with her determination.  I had an opal ring that she liked.  In fact she'd tell me if I ever fell asleep in class it was gone.  She was buried with it.  Even today all of my problems seem so minor considering the hell she went through at 15.  Miss you Jenny.  Hope they have soft pretzel and Klondike Bars up there.

doesn't sound silly at all.

it's one thing- hard though it may be to watch a parent or grandparent die. Denial is a strong enemy but it ain't that strong...you expect someone of a certain age to go at some point...

watching someone so young, especially someone your own age, calls to the forefront your own mortality. No one wants to believe they are going to die even though we know its inevitable.

I know what you mean about that strength tho. My friend, mentioned in an earlier post, was very religious (I am not at all) and all the while she was battling her cancer her faith never wavered. She got angry at doctors and health care (she actually found a treatment that reduced her cancer by 70% but it cost $1000 a treatment and her insurance refused to pay for it because it was revolutionary. The fact that it was working meant nothing. She continued the treatment until she ran out of cash... I bought every lotto ticket I could trying to win money to pay for her treatment...alas those whe want the money even for a good cause never seem to be rewarded...

But my friend never lost her faith... and she fought strong till the end.. . she rarely complained and some days I would call her in a bad mood about something trivial that had happened. She was the one I always ran to with my issues no matter the size and one day in the middle of some unimportant complaint I realized that she had been listening intently and I apologized because here I was going on about nothing and she was dying of cancer.... what she said to me stuck with me... just because my problems were smaller than hers didn't make them any less important or relevant.  God I loved her for that.  :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/27/08 at 3:55 pm

I have been thinking a lot lately about 2 friends who I lost last year-within 3 weeks of each other.

Cat

Written By: Howard on 08/27/08 at 4:00 pm

I remember the last time I saw my brother was the night before he passed away in his sleep,very tired and very thirsty,kept drinking glass after glass of water.I wanted to know if he was alright,didn't say a word to me and the next day,he died in his sleep that morning,just a very devastating day for my Family and Friends. :\'(

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/27/08 at 4:18 pm

Everyones' story is so touching, this was a great idea Cat..Goddess bless you for this. Its an excellent way to share the pain and smiles.That acoompany losing the people we care about.
Karma to you for this from me also.

Written By: Howard on 08/27/08 at 4:19 pm

Everyones' story is so touching, this was a great idea Cat..Goddess bless you for this. Its an excellent way to share the pain and smiles.That acoompany losing the people we care about.
Karma to you for this from me also.

This was a great idea,I'm liking it.

Written By: Dagwood on 08/27/08 at 4:42 pm

Great idea, Cat.

I lost my dad a year and a half ago and it still hits hard sometimes.  I think I may have posted about it a couple of months ago when I "saw" him at the grocery store.  The guy in front of me looked so much like him I almost gave him a bad time for ignoring me...then it hit again.  That was a rough day.

Written By: Jessica on 08/27/08 at 5:58 pm

Great idea, Cat.

I lost my dad a year and a half ago and it still hits hard sometimes.  I think I may have posted about it a couple of months ago when I "saw" him at the grocery store.  The guy in front of me looked so much like him I almost gave him a bad time for ignoring me...then it hit again.  That was a rough day.

*hugs*

I had that happen to me when I was working at Target.  There was an older gentleman who looked EXACTLY like my grandfather.  My jaw hit the floor and it took all my willpower not to run up to him and just throw my arms around him.  I wanted to so badly, but I knew that would have been awkward for the man.  I had to take my break after seeing him and I went and hid in the employee bathroom for fifteen minutes.  Definitely shook me up. :-\\

I'll post mine later.  I've lost a lot of people in my lifetime, but I promise I will keep all my memorials short. :)

Written By: HawkTheSlayer on 08/28/08 at 12:22 am

As some of you know, my Uncle Rick passed away a few months ago, at age 58.
He died due to cancer in his spine, leg & jaw. Vietnam veteran.

My grandpa Archie passed away Dec. 26, 1994- stomach cancer.
He comes to my thoughts so many times in a day. Avid fisherman & hunter.
He was the one who taught me that flatulence was an OK subject, and that ppl who think it "taboo" should lighten up.
He was in WW2, as a tank driver, paratrooper & Nazi prisoner. He escaped just before they reached the Prison Camp.

My grandma Bonnie died in 1987. She was shot, we believe in a suicide.
Grandpa Archie was the one who found her. Very sad.
She was a nurse in life, who was also in WW2. She always called Grandpa "Ed", and none of us knew why.

Written By: snozberries on 08/28/08 at 12:28 am

As some of you know, my Uncle Rick passed away a few months ago, at age 58.
He died due to cancer in his spine, leg & jaw. Vietnam veteran.

My grandpa Archie passed away Dec. 26, 1994- stomach cancer.
He comes to my thoughts so many times in a day. Avid fisherman & hunter.
He was the one who taught me that flatulence was an OK subject, and that ppl who think it "taboo" should lighten up.
He was in WW2, as a tank driver, paratrooper & Nazi prisoner. He escaped just before they reached the Prison Camp.

My grandma Bonnie died in 1987. She was shot, we believe in a suicide.
Grandpa Archie was the one who found her. Very sad.
She was a nurse in life, who was also in WW2. She always called Grandpa "Ed", and none of us knew why.

your grandpa sounds fascinating....

it's too bad you never found out why grandma called him "ed"

I remember the last time I saw my brother was the night before he passed away in his sleep,very tired and very thirsty,kept drinking glass after glass of water.I wanted to know if he was alright,didn't say a word to me and the next day,he died in his sleep that morning,just a very devastating day for my Family and Friends. :\'(

Howard your brother's story moved me...  I am truly sorry for your loss.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 08/28/08 at 12:32 am

aww,, your mom is so  cute in that video  :)  thanks for sharing

my dear mother Sonja died in 1988, she was only 57 and it was the saddest thing for me in my life. it broke my heart and I cried like a baby.  I go and take flowers to her grave site a couple times a year. she didn't have much but was always willing to share and care for others no matter what.  she was the closest thing to a saint that i know and I was quite the opposite http://bestsmileys.com/transform/15.gif

Written By: greenjello74 on 08/28/08 at 6:36 am

aww,, your mom is so  cute in that video  :)  thanks for sharing

my dear mother Sonja died in 1988, she was only 57 and it was the saddest thing for me in my life. it broke my heart and I cried like a baby.  I go and take flowers to her grave site a couple times a year. she didn't have much but was always willing to share and care for others no matter what.  she was the closest thing to a saint that i know and I was quite the opposite http://bestsmileys.com/transform/15.gif

My God 57 is so young, I'm so very sorry for you, you must have been a kid yourself.[{{{{Big, big hug}}}}}I consider myself lucky to have had My Mom for as long as I did.. although I think we all kinda think Moms and Dads are immortal.Especially when we are kids.

Written By: Howard on 08/28/08 at 6:41 am

your grandpa sounds fascinating....

it's too bad you never found out why grandma called him "ed"

Howard your brother's story moved me...  I am truly sorry for your loss.

Thanks Snoz,I appreciate it.  :)

Written By: ladybug316 on 09/04/08 at 4:00 pm

Smokers: please find a better habit and a different way to die.  Lung cancer is an m.f'er.  I have been smoke-free since the day my Dad was diagnosed 8 years ago.  My father could not attend my wedding as he had started chemo that day. He was pretty tough, but lung cancer took him in 3 short, agonizing months.  He was only 51!!! 

I had the good fortune of growing up with 2 Grandmas, 2 Great-Grandmas and a Grandfather.  I loved all of my Grandmothers dearly and carry a little part of each of them with me, but I treasure my Grandfather the most.  My beloved Grandfather died last year at 82.  He was the last of his breed; they do not make gentlemen like that anymore.

Finally, my beautiful friend Gerard who was a NYPD officer was shot and killed in the line of duty in 1997.  He was 27.  I am still devastated.

:(

My condolences to you all!

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/05/08 at 12:04 am

My God 57 is so young, I'm so very sorry for you, you must have been a kid yourself.
Smokers: please find a better habit and a different way to die.  Lung cancer is an m.f'er.  I have been smoke-free since the day my Dad was diagnosed 8 years ago.  My father could not attend my wedding as he had started chemo that day. He was pretty tough, but lung cancer took him in 3 short, agonizing months.  He was only 51!!! 

I had the good fortune of growing up with 2 Grandmas, 2 Great-Grandmas and a Grandfather.  I loved all of my Grandmothers dearly and carry a little part of each of them with me, but I treasure my Grandfather the most.  My beloved Grandfather died last year at 82.  He was the last of his breed; they do not make gentlemen like that anymore.

Finally, my beautiful friend Gerard who was a NYPD officer was shot and killed in the line of duty in 1997.  He was 27.  I am still devastated.

:(

My condolences to you all!
and condolences to you too. 51 years old is way too short a life  :( 

Written By: Barefoot_Blues on 09/08/08 at 12:09 pm

I've lost a few good friends and relatives over the past 3 years. I also lost my dog a few months ago.  :(

Great thread, Cat.

Written By: Howard on 09/08/08 at 4:24 pm

last year,I lost my Cousin Steven at age 57 and this year lost a good friend of the Family,his name was Bernie who used to work with my father at his lodge,he was 84. :(

Written By: thereshegoes on 09/08/08 at 5:12 pm

I'm sorry for everyone's losses.

About 6 months ago i met a girl named Luciana,her first words to me were "Welcome to hell, i'm Luci as in Lucifer". Luci was crazy and fun,she was the one who made us laugh at least once every hour. She went through such hardships and never lost her sense of humor. She was a rebel who didn't take sheesh from no one,it could be a nurse,a doctor or the pope if she didn't want to do something she wouldn't.

But she also had a big heart,she loved her husband and her two kids desperately and she took me under her wing since day one because she knew i wouldn't survive without her help.

Luci woke me up one day at 3am to say goodbye,she told me she was going home because she had enough and wasn't going to spend her last days dressed in an hospital gown. She told me not to fret because i was a big girl now and i could make it on my own. She hugged me and kissed my head and said she was happy we had met and that everything would be ok.

Luci was the bravest woman in the world and i feel blessed for having the chance to know her.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 09/08/08 at 6:47 pm

About 6 months ago i met a girl named Luciana,her first words to me were "Welcome to hell, i'm Luci as in Lucifer". Luci was crazy and fun,she was the one who made us laugh at least once every hour. She went through such hardships and never lost her sense of humor. She was a rebel who didn't take sheesh from no one,it could be a nurse,a doctor or the pope if she didn't want to do something she wouldn't.

But she also had a big heart,she loved her husband and her two kids desperately and she took me under her wing since day one because she knew i wouldn't survive without her help.

Luci woke me up one day at 3am to say goodbye,she told me she was going home because she had enough and wasn't going to spend her last days dressed in an hospital gown. She told me not to fret because i was a big girl now and i could make it on my own. She hugged me and kissed my head and said she was happy we had met and that everything would be ok.

Luci was the bravest woman in the world and i feel blessed for having the chance to know her.
that's so sad but you were blessed to have her as your friend. she sounds like she was very unselfish, and cared more for others. you'll always remember her  :)

Written By: Howard on 09/09/08 at 7:28 am

I remember when my Mother told me a long time ago that this woman who would've been my cousin Bea died in 1950 when my Mother was just 5 died of breast cancer. :(

Written By: statsqueen on 09/27/08 at 7:16 pm

Cat

Cat,

That was beautiful.  To all who have lost ones they love (present tense because I believe our love for them never goes away), whether posted or not, my deepest sympathy to you.

It is just past 20 years (can it really be that long??) that I lost my maternal grandmother.

Just over 4 yrs ago that I lost a dear friend whose birthday is (was, I mean) the day after mine.  He & 3 friends jut got their pilot licenses.  They were up in a small plane and it exploded.  It was on national news, but since no names were given, didn't know it was him til his mom called mine and she called me.

June 8, 2008 (the day after I put my mom in the hospital w/ pneumonia) we got the call that we lost my dad's only brother (the youngest of 6, only my dad & 2 sisters left). I just found out 2 days before that he had been diagnosed w/ cancer a few months ago.  I admit to not being that close to Uncle Jeff as he moved to Florida many years ago (most of the family didn't speak to him when they found out they beat his wife and was an alcoholic).  But from what I heard, he had stopped drinking and really turned his life around down there.

This board was a great idea. 

Written By: Howard on 09/28/08 at 7:05 am

During my Cousin's Barmitzvah Lighting Candle ceremony my cousin lit the candles for people that were involved in his life,My Brother who died a month before he was born,My grandmother who couldn't be at the party needed to be taken care of and another Uncle of mine.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 09/28/08 at 2:31 pm

It's people like that who make the most impact.  The thought of them makes you able to face almost anything.

Written By: snozberries on 10/01/08 at 5:28 pm

So today marks the - what I don't really want to call it an anniversary- Four years ago today I lost my best friend Patti

She was an angel and a trooper and I miss her as much today as I did the day she died.

Patti suffered from a rare form of uterine or cervical cancer - and I remember her calling me one day to say "I PEED!" she'd been on a catheter and colostomy bag for a year so she found great joy in sitting on a toilet for the first time since then  ;D

We laughed and celebrated her victory. She died less than a year later. Stupid health care system- she'd found a treatment that was working but they wouldn't approve it so when the money ran out she stopped treatment.

Today her kids are now 17 and 23, Patti would've been a grandmother this year... Jakie is now 8 mnths old.

I miss her.  :\'(

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa235/snozberries44/File0048.jpg

This is us at my college grad in 2000. She was diagnosed a year later.  Patti is the blond, then our kooky friend Carol, me and my dad.

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 10/01/08 at 5:43 pm

So today marks the - what I don't really want to call it an anniversary- Four years ago today I lost my best friend Patti

She was an angel and a trooper and I miss her as much today as I did the day she died.

Patti suffered from a rare form of uterine or cervical cancer - and I remember her calling me one day to say "I PEED!" she'd been on a catheter and colostomy bag for a year so she found great joy in sitting on a toilet for the first time since then  ;D

We laughed and celebrated her victory. She died less than a year later. Stupid health care system- she'd found a treatment that was working but they wouldn't approve it so when the money ran out she stopped treatment.

Today her kids are now 17 and 23, Patti would've been a grandmother this year... Jakie is now 8 mnths old.

This is us at my college grad in 2000. She was diagnosed a year later.  Patti is the blond, then our kooky friend Carol, me and my dad.

I'm sure she knows she's missed.  The health care system doesn't like to cover anything they deem is experimental (or expensive).  So many people have lost their lives that could have been saved if the system actually cared about people.  She shouldn't have died.

Written By: Howard on 10/01/08 at 7:20 pm

Very nice picture of you and your family Snoz. :)

Written By: snozberries on 10/01/08 at 7:57 pm

gee thanks howie  ::)

Kathie thanks for the kind words. yeah health care sucks

Written By: ladybug316 on 10/01/08 at 9:09 pm

My good thoughts are with you, Q. {{HUGS}}

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/01/08 at 9:34 pm

Ah...sorry to hear about your friend Patti, Q.  Her memory will live on in her friends and family.
That infuriates me about her health care system not covering what was needed.  A pox on them!

Written By: snozberries on 10/01/08 at 10:05 pm

Thx guys.

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/01/08 at 11:52 pm

I'm sure she knows she's missed.  The health care system doesn't like to cover anything they deem is experimental (or expensive).  So many people have lost their lives that could have been saved if the system actually cared about people.  She shouldn't have died.

Thats a great picture, its so sad when someone so young dies. The potential, kids not knowing their Mom. Its just so sad. (((hugs)) to you my friend. http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/pftroest.gif

Written By: Howard on 10/02/08 at 6:51 am

I hope my grandmother lives to 100(she's 91 right now),when she comes to New York because it's expensive right now in Florida she'll be starting "assisted living",She's the only grandmother I have now. :(

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/08 at 11:41 am

Thanks Deb.

I hope so too Howard.  As long as she can stay healthy and vital.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/02/08 at 2:10 pm

I know there is nothing I can say so I will just give you this.

(((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))  (and karma)

If you need an ear, you know where to find me.

Oh, and BTW-great photo.

Cat

Written By: snozberries on 10/02/08 at 3:24 pm

thanks Cat. You know it's just the day- I hate that day. Wait until April 9th...I'll be a wreck.

Written By: Howard on 10/02/08 at 3:29 pm

Thanks Deb.

I hope so too Howard.  As long as she can stay healthy and vital.

She's got another 9 years.My Grandfather died on September 24th,1989 and I believe he was 77 so she'll outlive my grandfather.

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/02/08 at 10:52 pm

She's got another 9 years.My Grandfather died on September 24th,1989 and I believe he was 77 so she'll outlive my grandfather.

Assisted living is great my Mpm thrived iin it. It gave her a sense of independence, she loved her apartment,  she lived there for 6 years, they were always going on trips and doing activities, she made lots of friends.  and then got too sick to live there any longer. She required more intense medical treatment than they could provide, so we placed her in onre pf he best  nicest long term care facilities in the country. She lived there for 5 yearsa nd after her initial  adjustment became reaqlly popular, served as a patient rep
Then her health really started going downhill about a year ago. constant pneumonia, in and out of the hospitsl.
when my Daughter and visited her last December she seemed improved. We had a great time, she was lucid, aqnd wanted to go to the  Casino!
We took her out to Red Lobster instead. Against the nurses  advice. To which my Mom saqid "Fu*k you I'm not a prisioner. So we broke her out. My daughter and Both have experience transferring from Wheelchair to car so no problem.
Mom had a drink with dinner and when I went into th bathroom she stole mine. So by the time we returne dher she was too souse to mofve,
so these sweet emts transfered her for us I guess they were dropping of another patient and just happene to be there

6 weekws later she was gone.It was like we knew it would be the last time we wouild have fun together.
I sometimes miss her so badly in a little kid kinda way. I Jouirnal about that and thiose feelimgs. I still miss her and always will. especially with my birthday coming u0 .My first one without her. :\'(                 

Written By: Howard on 10/03/08 at 6:50 am

Assisted living is great my Mpm thrived iin it. It gave her a sense of independence, she loved her apartment,   she lived there for 6 years, they were always going on trips and doing activities, she made lots of friends.  and then got too sick to live there any longer. She required more intense medical treatment than they could provide, so we placed her in onre pf he best  nicest long term care facilities in the country. She lived there for 5 yearsa nd after her initial  adjustment became reaqlly popular, served as a patient rep
Then her health really started going downhill about a year ago. constant pneumonia, in and out of the hospitsl.
when my Daughter and visited her last December she seemed improved. We had a great time, she was lucid, aqnd wanted to go to the  Casino!
We took her out to Red Lobster instead. Against the nurses  advice. To which my Mom saqid "Fu*k you I'm not a prisioner. So we broke her out. My daughter and Both have experience transferring from Wheelchair to car so no problem.
Mom had a drink with dinner and when I went into th bathroom she stole mine. So by the time we returne dher she was too souse to mofve,
so these sweet emts transfered her for us I guess they were dropping of another patient and just happene to be there

6 weekws later she was gone.It was like we knew it would be the last time we wouild have fun together.
I sometimes miss her so badly in a little kid kinda way. I Jouirnal about that and thiose feelimgs. I still miss her and always will. especially with my birthday coming u0 .My first one without her. :\'(                 8)

I'm sorry about all the pain you had to go through with your grandmother. :(

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 10/03/08 at 1:02 pm

It was her mother, Howard.

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/03/08 at 1:33 pm

Thanks for the kind words, Sorry for the misspellings, it was kinda late at night. Yes it was my Mom and I guess its because I am about to celebrate my first birthday without her that it is making me think about it more.

I had a dream that I picked up a phone and she was on the other end and said to me "Tell Jim to bring the dog with him when he comes". Jim is my husband!!! I told her she couldn"t be calling because she had been dead for almost a year. The phone went dead and I just kept screaming Mom, Mom are you there? I woke up in tears. This was two days ago. I'm still spooked.

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/03/08 at 1:35 pm

Thanks I reread my post and I guess since it was so late at night it was full of thing that were misspelled.
But thank you anyway.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/03/08 at 1:37 pm

Thanks for the kind words, Sorry for the misspellings, it was kinda late at night. Yes it was my Mom and I guess its because I am about to celebrate my first birthday without her that it is making me think about it more.

I had a dream that I picked up a phone and she was on the other end and said to me "Tell Jim to bring the dog with him when he comes". Jim is my husband!!! I told her she couldn"t be calling because she had been dead for almost a year. The phone went dead and I just kept screaming Mom, Mom are you there? I woke up in tears. This was two days ago. I'm still spooked.

I am a firm believer that loved ones who have passed come to visit us in our dreams.

Cat

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/03/08 at 2:42 pm

I am a firm believer that loved ones who have passed come to visit us in our dreams.

Cat

I am also. That was what has me spooked.

Written By: Howard on 10/03/08 at 6:53 pm

Cat

It's like I feel my brother's spirit after 13 years he's been gone.In his room (the one that I have now since 1989),I know that he's there being my guiding light and my shining star. :)

Written By: greenjello74 on 10/03/08 at 6:59 pm

It's like I feel my brother's spirit after 13 years he's been gone.In his room (the one that I have now since 1989),I know that he's there being my guiding light and my shining star. :)

That is so sweet. How comforting it must be. :)

Written By: Howard on 10/03/08 at 7:01 pm

That is so sweet. How comforting it must be. :)

It Is.He was my only brother but I know that his spirit lives in this house after 35,36 years we've been living here.

Written By: snozberries on 10/03/08 at 7:23 pm

But to be fair Patty she didn't mention it was her mom until the 6th word so you can see how he missed it

;D

Just kidding Howard  ;)

Written By: Howard on 10/04/08 at 5:50 am

Anyone have this dream after that person passes on,you see them or someone that looks like that person walking down the street,that's spooky. :o :(

Written By: ninny on 10/04/08 at 5:55 am

Missing my mom who passed away Oct 4th 1985 :\'( :\'( :\'( She was 51 years young.

Written By: diofan on 10/04/08 at 6:14 am

Anyone have this dream after that person passes on,you see them or someone that looks like that person walking down the street,that's spooky. :o :(

Actually Howard I have had a similar "Dream". Only I was awake.

My best friend, Stephen, died of a gunshot wound through the back and into the heart in a drive-by shooting. From police reports, he was not the target, the dumbass that shot him missed his target and hit Stephen. I was at home when this happened, lying in bed reading (as I do a lot before I go to bed), when I just happened to glance up towards the far wall of my bedroom I saw a shadow shaped like Stephen and I heard his voice saying "Bro, it'll be all right!". Not more then 2 minutes later my phone rings, it's his step-daughter telling me what happened. I Immediately got up, got dressed, hopped in the car and drove to his house. I arrived just as the ambulance was leaving.

Written By: ninny on 10/04/08 at 6:25 am

After my grandfather died I dreamt he came out of my closet and said goodbye..My daughter was born 5 years after my mother died,and both she and my son both claim they saw a white figure that they say was my mother in their closet one night.

Written By: Dagwood on 10/04/08 at 9:35 am

I haven't but my aunt was at my grandmas when she was dying.  My aunt was sitting on the couch reading and when she looked down the hall she swears she saw my Grandma walking with her sister from her bedroom to the guest room.  By this time my grandma was on a morphine patch and not moving anywhere and her sister had passed away years before.  Not too long after that my grandpa came out of the bedroom and said she was gone.   

Written By: snozberries on 10/04/08 at 10:11 am

Missing my mom who passed away Oct 4th 1985 :\'( :\'( :\'( She was 51 years young.

(((hugs))))

Written By: snozberries on 10/04/08 at 10:21 am

I was driving down the freeway at a pretty good clip. I hadn't thought about Patti for a couple days but she sort popped into my head and I said hey Patti and she said I should slow down but it was too late.... the CHP hidden behind the barrier wall clocked me and I got a ticket.  ;D

Sometimes I still see Carly's ghost standing by my front gate to welcome me  :\'(

Written By: CatwomanofV on 10/04/08 at 12:38 pm

((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))

Cat

Written By: Howard on 10/04/08 at 2:33 pm

Hugs to you Ninny. :)

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/10/08 at 11:14 am

Especially for Janine (ninny)

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone by W. H. Auden

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message He Is Dead.
Put crepe bows round the white necks of public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West.
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last forever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood;
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

Written By: ladybug316 on 10/10/08 at 3:51 pm

How beautiful.  I believe this was recited in the movie 4 Weddings and A Funeral

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/10/08 at 3:54 pm

How beautiful.  I believe this was recited in the movie 4 Weddings and A Funeral
I had heard it before, but it was Four Weddings and a Funeral that made it more popular.

Written By: Howard on 10/10/08 at 4:19 pm

very beautiful Phil.

Written By: Jessica on 12/05/08 at 1:29 am

Here is the blog I wrote tonight for MySpace.  I'll post it here because I don't think I have the fortitude to type up two different things.

My grandmother died yesterday.  She was 80 years old.  It was sudden and unexpected and not welcome.  I won't go into the details about what happened.  I don't want to.  I'm already having a bitch of a time trying to wrap my head around the fact that she is dead.

Now many of you know me in real life, and you know of how my family regarded my grandmother.  It was not pretty, and only now at this late date do I realize what I lost.  Do I regret how I felt about her when she told me I was a mistake? No, I was justified in disliking her for that remark.  I forgave her for it, but I never forgot.  After what I've gone through with my own mental health, I now realize that she probably had her own personal demons that were tormenting her, which led to that remark about me and my other cousin.  Do I still hate her for the mess that happened when she kicked us out of her house?  No.

I guess what I'm trying to get across is that I'm not going to qualify my grandmother for sainthood.  She had her faults, her quirks, her eccentricities (yeah, I spelled that correctly while doing shots of tequila), but f**k, she was still my grandmother, and that is what is gnawing at me on the inside.

Why the F**K did I not visit her more?  Why didn't I take the boy to see her more?  Why didn't I pay more attention to her stories?  Why didn't I just try to listen to her?  WHY WHY WHY?  These questions are f**king killing me, and people, please spare me the bulls**t of not knowing what I have until it's gone.  I've sort of f**king figured that s**t out.  Oh God, why didn't I care for her more?  She wasn't a bad person, just sort of...out there mentally, and God knows, I can totally relate to that.

I cherish the long ago memories of her cooking in the kitchen.  I cherish the memory of her trying to teach me how to make  lemon meringue pie and how she didn't even get mad at me when I burned the lemon filling.  Grandma, I finally learned how to make it right.  You'd be proud of me.  All the things we did together as a family are hitting me full force right now: camping at Shasta and her making my cousin and I biscuits and gravy for breakfast......going to the fair one last time before my grandfather died.....the holidays, oh God, the holidays....oh, my heart hurts so bad.  The guilt of not seeing her after I moved away, of rolling my eyes when she spoke, of just getting short with her for no reason.  Karma is a bitch, and it comes in the form of a conscience, the conscience that will incessantly nag at you and won't let up for all the past wrongs you have done to someone.

I guess this post is sort of an apology and a goodbye.  An apology for not being there more, for not being a better granddaughter, for not visiting a lot when I was in town, and most of all, for not being able to be there when she died yesterday.  I desperately wanted to tell her goodbye, but most of all, I wanted to tell her I was sorry.

You can shed tears that she is gone,
or you can smile because she has lived.
You can close your eyes and pray that she'll come back,
or you can open your eyes and see all she's left.
Your heart can be empty because you can't see her,
or you can be full of the love you shared.
You can turn your back on tomorrow and live yesterday,
or you can be happy for tomorrow because of yesterday.
You can remember her only that she is gone,
or you can cherish her memory and let it live on.
You can cry and close your mind,
be empty and turn your back.
Or you can do what she'd want:
smile, open your eyes, love and go on.
-David Harkins

Goodbye, Grandma.  I love you.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 12/05/08 at 1:46 am

thanks for opening up and sharing your feelings Jessica. I think the good memories you have of her are wonderful, especially because they revolve around food, the kitchen or cooking and those experiences always provide good memories.  and the final writing says it really well... do what she'd want:
smile, open your eyes, love and go on

Written By: ninny on 12/05/08 at 7:33 am

Thank you Jessica,that must have been hard to do. It was very heartfelt and emotional.
You have me thinking of my family.Over a year in a half ago my mother-in-law came to our house and said some pretty nasty things about my kids and myself,my husband was so full of rage that he has only said one sentence to her since. Missy & I will talk to her, but Tim Jr. refuses to ackknowldge her as his grandmother. She has made a few feebile attempts to apoligize,but at the end she will say something stupid like it was are fault because we moved down the road from her.
Like you and your grandma I forgave her,but can't forget what she said. I know she has health issues (heart problems) but I fear Tim Sr,&Jr. wont forgive her till it's too late.

Written By: Dagwood on 12/05/08 at 7:34 am

Sharing your feelings is a big step to getting past the past.  I don't think we ever get over anything, just past it.  You have my thoughts and prayers. {{hugs}}

Written By: Reynolds1863 on 12/05/08 at 8:26 am

Jessica, I am so sorry to hear about your Grandmother.  I think your feelings about not being a better Granddaughter is normal.  I went through it.  After 15 years I still say after doing something right "see Grandma I'm not such a screw up after all."  I'm also sure your Grandmother knows how much you love her. 

I often regret being nasty to my Grandmother in a passive aggressive way.  However knowing my Grandma somehow she knows just how sorry I am.  I take what she taught me, table manners, how to use a typewriter and how to make a darn good cake and I vow never to shame her on those things.

Message to my Grandma . . . I love you and miss you and yes I finally getting gray hair.  Oh, and I'm a Democrat (ha, ha, chip off an old block ;) )

Written By: gibbo on 12/05/08 at 2:31 pm

Jess...that was a beautiful post. It actually brought tears to my eyes....  Eaze up on yourself..regret and guilt can eat you up.

Written By: snozberries on 12/06/08 at 7:51 pm

That really was a great post Jess very honest. You say you wanted to tell her you were sorry.. you just did and did it very well!
I wish I could karma you again..... ((((hugs)))))

Written By: Jessica on 12/06/08 at 8:03 pm

Thanks everyone.  I guess (more than) several shots of tequila and a night of crying can really make a person let loose with emotion.

Written By: snozberries on 12/06/08 at 8:06 pm

Thanks everyone.  I guess (more than) several shots of tequila and a night of crying can really make a person let loose with emotion.

yeah...but some times its a good thing...did it help any getting that off your chest?

Written By: Jessica on 12/06/08 at 8:11 pm

yeah...but some times its a good thing...did it help any getting that off your chest?

It did, actually.  I haven't really cried since late Thursday night and I'm able to think of her little quirky habits (like saying "warsh" instead of "wash") and smile.  It is still hard to see her listed under the recently deceased on the mortuary site, though.

Written By: CatwomanofV on 08/23/09 at 1:11 pm

I have been meaning to write something about my sister in this thread for so long but every time I even THINK about it, the tears start welling up (as they are doing now). However, I think NOW I may be able to muddle through something.

As I have told a few of you, I wasn't exactly close to my sister. In fact, I thought she was extremely self-centered-except where her girls are concerned. (Unfortunately, her girls are extremely self-centered, too but that is a different story). There was a side of my sister that I didn't know. Reading people's comments about her, I was surprised. Maybe these people saw something in my sister that I didn't-or knew her better than I did.

As many of you know, her death hit me VERY HARD-harder than I ever expected because I wasn't that close to her. But, I think why it did is because of a slight feeling of guilt because I SHOULD have been closer to her-after all, she is my sister. One of my sisters ("Dawg") said shortly before her death that she was worried about her. The thought in the back of my head was that I should have called her-but every time I did call, I never knew what to say to her. So, I didn't. And now I am regretting that.

She did make one of my dreams come true (with the help of Carlos). We stayed with her when we were out in Tulsa in 1998 for my grandmother's 90th birthday party. She had tickets to Disneyland that were going to expire at the end of that year. (She used to work at the Disney Store and got tickets all the time.) We were headed out to L.A. after the party to visit Carlos' sister who lived out there at the time. So, Carlos & I went to Disneyland thanks to my sister. That was something that I had always wanted to do. My last memory of her will be with ALL my sisters as we were making faces, laughing up a storm, and just having a good time. I know several of you have seen those photos.

It is still very hard for me-even though it has been about 9 months since we lost her (and over a year since I last saw her).  I'm not as depressed as I had been a few months ago, but I still find myself on the verge of tears when I think about her so I try not to think about her-but it doesn't always work.

Cat

Written By: Step-chan on 01/27/10 at 4:46 pm

My mom died today... :(

Written By: Jessica on 01/27/10 at 5:04 pm

Oh man, I'm so sorry.  {{{HUGS}}}

Written By: Midas on 01/27/10 at 5:21 pm

I am so so sorry to hear about your mother Step-Chan. :(  You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/27/10 at 5:39 pm

I am so sorry, Step-chan.  {{{hugs}}}

Written By: nally on 01/27/10 at 5:42 pm

Oh dear!! :o :\'( I am so sorry that happened. My condolences to you and your family.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/27/10 at 5:44 pm

I'm sorry Step-chan. please accept my sympathy to you and family. take care

Written By: nally on 01/27/10 at 5:49 pm

Anyhoo...I haven't participated much in this thread mainly because none of my family members have recently checked out. The last one to do so was my great-uncle Bill on Halloween in 2007, at age 77. He was the last of my great-uncles.

The first immediate family member of mine to die was my maternal grandfather at age 60 in August 1985. He'd had cancer and was sad that he wouldn't live to see me grow up, since I was only 5 at the time and only a week and a half away from starting kindergarten.
Then my great-grandmother (my mom's mom's mom) died in July 1988 at age 83; she was the last of my great-grandparents. I don't remember what her cause of death was, but I know that her funeral was the first I ever remember attending.
Then from 1999 through 2004, my mom's family had three passings: my maternal uncle at age 44 (liver disease); my mother's cousin Sam at age 55 (heart attack); and my great-uncle Joe at age 88 (stroke). I attended all of their funerals.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/27/10 at 6:59 pm

Thanks everyone. I'm trying not to dwell on it too much, but it is hard.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/27/10 at 7:03 pm

I wish I could tell you it gets easier, but I can't.  The only advice I can give you is don't hold your feelings in.  It's not healthy.  If you feel like crying, go ahead and cry.  Letting your feelings out is emotionally healthy.

Written By: Badfinger-fan on 01/27/10 at 7:09 pm

I wish I could tell you it gets easier, but I can't.  The only advice I can give you is don't hold your feelings in.  It's not healthy.  If you feel like crying, go ahead and cry.  Letting your feelings out is emotionally healthy.
I agree. when my mom passed away at too early an age, i remember crying like a baby because it hurt and thinking, geez, I haven't cried in about 30 years and now look at me. it hurt, but it was good to not hold in my feelings which is what i usually do

Written By: karen on 01/27/10 at 7:15 pm

Oh stephen.  So sorry to hear that.

Written By: ladybug316 on 01/27/10 at 7:19 pm

My deepest condolences to you, Stephen.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/27/10 at 8:17 pm

Thank you.

I have.

Written By: snozberries on 01/27/10 at 8:17 pm

(((hugs))) I'm so sorry step!!  :\'(

Written By: Step-chan on 01/27/10 at 8:31 pm

Thanks.

Written By: Dagwood on 01/27/10 at 8:51 pm

I have.

{{{{hugs}}}}

Written By: Ashkicksass on 01/27/10 at 11:30 pm

Just know that you have a lot of people here who are here for you.  I'm so sorry Stephen.  I'm here if you ever need to talk.  (((((HUGS))))))

Written By: Foo Bar on 01/28/10 at 1:14 am

Our condolences won't make it much easier, but you've got 'em anyways.

When you're feeling up to it, remember that whatever your relationship was with them, at some point in their lives, your parents were awesome.

Written By: Frank on 01/28/10 at 1:19 am

Oh man... :\'(
Feel so bad for ya man... That's tough...

Written By: CatwomanofV on 01/28/10 at 10:09 am

(((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))

Just know if you need to talk-we are here. If you don't feel like talking-that's cool, too. Sometimes things hit 6 months, a year or whenever down the road. So, if you EVER need to talk-we are here.

Cat

Written By: Dagwood on 01/28/10 at 1:04 pm

(((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))

Just know if you need to talk-we are here. If you don't feel like talking-that's cool, too. Sometimes things hit 6 months, a year or whenever down the road. So, if you EVER need to talk-we are here.

Cat

What Cat said.  I have had my moments of missing my dad and the people here are great listeners when you just need to get it off your chest.

Written By: DJ Blaze on 01/28/10 at 7:54 pm

You're in my prayers, Stephen-Chan.

Written By: Step-chan on 01/28/10 at 10:26 pm

Thanks everyone, I am feeling slighty better today.

Written By: bookmistress4ever on 01/29/10 at 12:26 am

My condolences

Written By: gibbo on 01/29/10 at 3:52 pm

Sorry to hear this sad news Step-Chan. You have to grieve however you need to...fond memories are a wonderful thing to hang on to.

Written By: Womble on 01/30/10 at 11:27 am

I'm so sorry for your loss. My deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Written By: Henk on 01/30/10 at 11:41 am

So sorry to hear this, Stephen. You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Written By: ninny on 01/31/10 at 6:37 am

So sorry to hear this Stephen. My prayers go out to you and your family

Check for new replies or respond here...